Why does it look so boring?

Why does it look so boring?
youtube.com/watch?v=w3Se8rzpd4M

Attached: Shantae-Name-Announcement_900.png (900x450, 668K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3462621
youtube.com/watch?v=tCKnI_LrSzs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

looks more like the first game which i think is pretty cool

Attached: 1542662249861.gif (950x1440, 44K)

because you're not playing as risky in this game

Attached: risky is better and cuter and sexier than shantae.png (933x1280, 1.32M)

it's just kinda dull
>same enemy throughout the entire dungeon
>the "challenge" enemy only attacks ONCE and the challenge is that he blocks, which is nullified if you just spam the attack button
>there's fucking nothing to collect outside of the squids which makes exploration for anything outside of a key kinda worthless
>enemies have no real feedback when you attack them outside of when you defeat them and they blow up
>every room looks exactly the same which makes dungeons even more dull and makes remembering things you missed more difficult, which may or may not be the case for the other dungeons, but we don't know
>shantae moves kinda slow but the animations are snappy which looks kinda jarring(not really a boring thing, just an issue I have)
>while it's great that you instantly transform, the fact that all it really is is just an item really just makes the fact that they're animals kinda worthless(my issue with transformations in this series is the fact that they all had no depth and the fact that this game is exaggerating that just makes it so there's no real reason to be animals outside of a visual thing)
>plant boss fight is fucking stupid and looks extremely easy to cheese while also being extremely boring

Attached: 0d4d382bb48c0d07b5f703ca24419e14139dab00r1-154-261_00.gif (154x261, 522K)

>this is the shantae audience

Attached: ECy2ypUWkAAZG6U.jpg (3024x4032, 1.69M)

It looks like the first game but far better because it's faster and transformations are now instant. You have literally no excuse at this point.

Only complaint is how snappy animations go between each other. Classic games had them blend into each other better than this.

It looks very unfinished. They probably shouldn't have showcased it yet.

also the music is pretty boring too, no offense to Kaufman if he's doing the soundtrack again.

fag spotted

Because Shantae's games have always been pretty mediocre. They don't really excel in any aspect except for presentation.

just see these are all fair points to make, while not gamebreaking, it definitely makes the experience kind of boring.

Nice that they went to actual artwork.

for criticizing the game? really?

Why is it that fat people don't seem to have any means to determine the difference between something that looks good and something that looks bad? Is that why they're fat?

See It doesn't look like the finished build but so far it's doing what I heard complained in previous games so that's why I'm not concerned.

you can't see her dick?

You have to be deluded to think being fat is not a problem you have to solve immediately so maybe

why bring it to PAX if it's not in a good enough state to show? People would've understood if we didn't get a demo and maybe got a regular trailer instead, but bringing a very unfinished and boring demo to PAX only harms your game rather than help it.

The real redpill of Shantae is the games were always fucking boring and easy. I always drop them after a few levels because it lacks any proper challenge or interesting gimmicks.

Attached: 1563757009598.jpg (720x480, 169K)

Holy shit that's a lot of reused assets, and without the 2.5D scenery from the last game

It's a Shantae game, by now you should know what kind of quality to expect

This actually looks far better than half genie hero's and at least 50% of pirate curse's maps. Finally we have proper dungeons again instead of huge empty hallways filled with respawning enemies. Gameplay looks faster too.

>why bring it to PAX if it's not in a good enough state to show?
Ok, so now you think the gameplay is shit? It looks exactly like past games but faster pace and finally instant transforming. Plus dungeons are back.

the only point i agree with is the key enemy spam and the only excuse i could think of is that its also a nod to the first game

So its Shantae 1 HD. Sweet.

If the Fusions are new moves, what are the dances for?

no I'm saying that you shouldn't bring the demo to pax if it's clearly unfinished. demos are supposed to give a hands on impression, and if your impression is "ehhh it's kinda boring" then you're going to be left thinking it's boring, at least until they prove it isn't later(which who knows if they will until launch since they're probably going to use this demo at every event until launch). This is why some companies make special demo versions of the game, which are versions of the game made purely to show off what you're gonna get, rather than plopping the tutorial/first area of the game in a demo and locking you out of progressing past that.

Attached: example-24846.jpg (1024x1024, 61K)

Do you not know what demos are? Nintendo, SEGA, and every other company does this... Only if this was the official release of the game then you'd have a point, but it's not.

The first game is pretty janky and creative in a way that I enjoy. 2-3-4 were all boring as hell though

i was thinking the same
maybe teleports and shit or maybe they could work like ocarina of time songs for puzzles

Attached: 1549691831862.jpg (700x731, 89K)

I know what demos are, and I even point out that some companies make special demos for events or the eshop/ps store/steam or pick a different portion of the game instead of the first fucking level so that way they can give you more tools and more freedom to figure out what the game has to offer.

It's literally the same thing as SatPC's first demo, except this actually has a boss fight.

Everything seems to move way too fast though. It's like they took the "dances slow the pace down" complaint and turned it on its head. Also, why isn't Wetgal here when we know she's in the game?

Attached: 1417041916114.png (546x458, 275K)

>the seven sirens are actually the dungeon bosses
>there's gonna be atleast seven new cute monster girls in this game

Attached: 1555349905024.jpg (640x480, 25K)

Because it's being made by literal who no-talents and is beyond stale at this point

Shantae in smash when?

Because WayForward's entire history is of making shit games with appealing visuals.

Shush

All I know is that I want to fuck that plant.

What is it with plant fucker lately

Mario is already in Smash

And good music.

And funny dialogue.

Writing quality varies though.
Personally PC had a lot of lines i liked, but HGH seemed to rely alot on "Haha, isn't this character stupid?"

Lack of stage hazards, the same enemies from the last 10 years, Boss ripoff of from that Cuphead flower. 5 second Risky midboss. EMPTY CORRIDORS.

It looks lazy as shit and not even the music is good this time. The game is gonna be 2 hours long since there's nothing but basic platforming with none of the Metroidvania skill.

>heart squids
>meaning the Squidsmith returns.
YES
E
S

Attached: Squidsmith.gif (560x444, 1.77M)

I want to fuck Shantae.

I already like it. I've got my main want (dungeons) back. We'll see how the rest pans out. If every dungeon has their own main gimmick (this one's being easy timed runs) like GBC, I think I'll be just fine with this. It has a chance of becoming my favorite, if it improves over the game. If not, it's decent.

That girl wrapped in plants looks like some nice fetish fuel. I wont buy this boring as game but ill fap to whatevers posted on the web

Nobody knows how to make the Shantae gameplay work. And the lack of boomerang throwing animation pisses me off.
Shantae would've been better if she has elastic hair powers or had a gun because the tiny melee button mashing is tedious and boring.

seems legit...I don't really know why people here think the game has to be hard to be enjoyed...i don't remember any game like that being hard, even in metroid all the difficulty comes to finding the stuff, not any boss or enemy

>demo sux
You best apologize when the game actually comes out

It looks like a massive upgrade from Half-Baked Hero so it already looks interesting.

Actual dungeons instead of shitty sidescrolling stages.

Attached: 1550548822092.gif (284x301, 1.49M)

well, the carb dude really was boring in HGH and the plant boss really was boring and even was a plant just to rub it off they took the idea from super metroid and it will be in the final game, so there are two complains that wil probably be in the final game at least

The insta transformations are huge and open up so much platforming, that was the feature I was most excited about and I'm so glad it's delivering.
I agree with some points made though like the lack of enemy feedback BUT it's not nearly enough to make me any less excited since this is going to be just as good if not better than PC.

Attached: 1534877161754.jpg (680x652, 50K)

So, you're saying it's WayForward's fault?

Same guy here. And to be honest, my only interest is what the cutscenes will look like.

>Demo has 95% of everything in a Shantae game
>Using HGH Sprites.
>No collectables except Squids and keys.
>No skill involved in defeating enemies or bosses.
Prepare for disappointment. They'll have some more "repeat this game over with a costume" instead of new dungeons for DLC, guaranteed.

If it's not WayForward's fault, who is? The devs who they hired? This isn't Sonic Team to Sega Corps. It's a small indie studio and Matt Bozon.

Attached: 1561767536836.jpg (1196x664, 165K)

Instead of mashing buttons, why not use Shantae's hair to make combo attacks for better visuals? You could even make her transform into animals between combos too.

Including the Burning Town song? Seriously, Kaufman, it's not fucking funny anymore.

>Burning Town
>Boss Battle Theme
>Risky Theme
>all sound effects re-used
He adds 2 more instruments to it and gets and easy paycheck. It's not even a remix, not extended, just another cover of the song.

Because after the first game, WayForward became allergic to any combat complexity greater than "push button once".

>Prepare for disappointment.
Don't worry about me. I won't be disappointed, it'll just be a shame if that's the case.
Although, I'm still looking forward to those animated cutscenes they'll have.

Remember the shantae backflip kick? Or the very first Risky fight. KINO.

Man I love it when a game fails and turns out to be shit

>First game: Can only hit Risky when she drops her guard to attack, forcing you to be patient
>HGH: Switch on Pike Balls and DPS her to defeat

I remember quite well.

Atleast Pike Ball is a projectile now instead of the broken orbital it was before.
Nega-Shantae in RR dies in seconds to it.

The greatest mistake in Shantae games is the use of full healing and full magic items while the levels have full hearts before any boss battle. Or pic related.

And the Magic Invincible Shield in HGH was broken.

Attached: WHY.jpg (180x280, 10K)

What fetish things are in the series? Never played shantae

Attached: 1566625081686.jpg (301x385, 64K)

Well the in the Ninja DLC it turns out you've been running around in what's effectively Shantae's old stained from white to green diaper.

Arent there enemies that look like like-likes and vore shantae? I saw a video of it once but cant find it again

Shantae relies on girl power fantasy with mostly female enemies, ass wiggling, hip shaking, and monster boobies. (It's not as sexy as it sounds) She'd be forgotten and buried if it wasn't for sex appeal like Metroid.

The slime girls grab you and pull you inside them, and you have to mash buttons to get out.

>"I haven't played it" The post

Shantae was never good.

I think the Snake Merchant was also associated with vore, because of the guy that designed her?
Nothing of that in the game though.

>Why does it look so boring?
Because it's a Shantae game.

The bog monster is an orgy of slimes that try to eat her. No vore animation though.

I wish they did fluid sprite animation and lewder enemies. HGH toned down the sex appeal compared to Pirate's Curse. Remember when the female monsters were nude and had no nipples? Remember Shantae 1 Harpy?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 30K)

So it plays the 2nd game well having quicker transformations?
It should be good then, definitely a step up from HGH.

>So it plays the 2nd game well having quicker transformations?

Attached: 032.jpg (1600x1200, 217K)

Yawn, wake me up when Pirate's Curse 2 comes out. Animal gameplay is problematic because the stages aren't clever enough to not be broken by flying transformations or underused things like the Spider.
We need a proper Risky Boots game.

My only defense to this is that it's only the very first dungeon before you get any of these insta-transformations, which look really neat. I kinda have a feeling it will follow a similar style of progression to Hollow Knight or Pirate's curse

Attached: Snug smug.jpg (1200x1027, 141K)

Attached: 1537517914037.gif (940x816, 291K)

Hollow Knight seems like kind of a bold claim, i don't think it'll be that open.
Though since the bosses seem to be the sirens that'd mean there's seven dungeons, so i guess it could be neat if there was like 3 or so which you could tackle in any order.

Attached: 149531379262502492.gif (2774x2180, 1.07M)

I recall there being another "monster", but its actually part of platforming.
A mouth that grabs Shantae when you jump in it and you shoot out like a cannon.

I hope WayForward has the balls to animate this in HGH sprites and put it into Sat7S.

they're sjw now.

Oh yeah, those things are common throughout Pirate's Curse from the second dungeon onward.
I don't think they have a name though.

You mean like the previous game?

I think i have it either on steam or psn but i haven't played it much because it looked boring as shit.

>he says in a thread where the first boss is a scantily clad woman who basks in the sunlight sensually

Found a perfect gif of the thing just now.

Attached: a15.gif (250x250, 154K)

So, are they reusing assets from HGH?

Well, at least this one won't take 5 years to make.

They were in the very first game as generic spinning orbs, which you can still see in their mouths.

>one guy who directed RCG is one
>G-GUYS MATT IS TOTALLY ONE TOO SHANTAE IS DOPE NOW SHE GONNA WEAR A JACKET AND #METOO BOLO
Fuck I’m ok with people shitting on this game and stuff but at least don’t act retarded when you shit on it

I'm aware, but the guy wanted the vore version specifically.

The problem I have is I know WF can make great platforming, they're just not ballsy enough to actually challenge players in the normal game. They always hide their great platforming behind hidden areas, or unlockables, or post-game content.

I actually like HGH

Attached: Shantae_ Half-Genie Hero_20190803202350.jpg (1920x1080, 383K)

You know all Shantae fans just come here looking for tits and fetishes. Shantae is a lame character without them, that's the only reason why anyone would care for her mediocre series.

t. A Hat in Time fan.

Post more fetish stuff please

It looks fucking comfy you absolute degenerate

Who's that?

I kid, but you think they might bullshit a reason to bring Holly back as a minor side-villain? Because HGH really fucked up by ending her character arc too soon

Looks pretty good to bh. It's obviously either the first level or made easier for the demo. I can't wait to get it on the switch

I actually really like the smell of my own dick

What transformations are you hoping for?

Attached: RexShantae.jpg (1000x839, 137K)

>comfy
I've seen caves in Pokemon with more things going on than this. The meaning of comfy means you would like to be there in real life.

I actually enjoyed the original game slightly more than Pirate's Curse, despite the latter being objectively superior. Something about it's just really nice.

because the entire franchise is unremarkable except Pirate's Curse

Attached: Shantae_ Half-Genie Hero_20190715025802.jpg (1920x1080, 362K)

Slime transformation
>Can go into pipes or narrow cracks
>Absorb enemies
>Nude

I want less transformation, hgh was a shitshow, way too many useless transformation

Attached: e62.gif (205x258, 705K)

I actually do like PC and HGH, sure it ain’t perfect but they alright games and I hope this one is fun too, if not hey I can play Silksong and other Metroidvaina’s, also cool for you being a Hat in Time fan I guess, need to try that game soon.

Going back to 2D backgrounds was a good choice.

No ass.

I liked Pirate's Curse and then funded $200 for HGH. Now I regret the series for turning against their previous audience for kiddie shit. Still good for you for being optimistic

lol retard

>4 new half genies
>7 giant moster girl bosses
>twice as many enemies than HGH so you know shit like the fucking orgy monsters are going to return
>dance parlor is confirmed to be back in some compacity

what are you talking about

Attached: 1415571037086.png (512x384, 377K)

This, they should boil it down to the original four and a new set of four and flesh all of them out more, to the point that you can spend most of your time in whichever form you like.

wayforward hires their friends, friends of SJWs are typically SJWs themselves. Also don't forget that the literal only reason Shantae is a girl is because Bozon wanted representation for women, literally what SJWs strive for.

Attached: gg15o7nbkkh21.jpg (510x594, 25K)

Also brown skin for diversity point

Attached: 70310104_p14.jpg (550x733, 316K)

I really liked Pirate's Curse. But HGH was really boring. This demo looks better than HGH just because of the instant newt transformation. Hopefully the platforming and maps get better than this demo. Th save room every other room I hope is just for the demo sake

I have faith they’ll look back and make it better after the HGH complaints, hell instant transformation alone makes me believe they listen to people liking quicker gameplay and are most likely only going to have dancing for puzzles, and transformation coins for platforming

>saving in a demo
nah, they probably just plopped the first dungeon onto a demo and locked you out of everything else

Again if that’s the case then Senran Kagura is Anita and Zoe’s favorite series

>warforward is sjw because I say so!
ok

Attached: 1386778324205.png (514x386, 142K)

It's a wayforward game. Their MO is pretty-looking mediocrity

>put her in a burka
>not sjw

Attached: ekp10vbr6bq21.gif (239x226, 326K)

BASED

Ultra hard metroidvanias like hollow knight, salt and sanctuary, minoria etc have make this shit look boring. There's no place for easy games anymore, all the kids just play fortnite

Senran did it because he wanted TITS AND ASS to become common, Bozon did it because he wanted women in games.

Attached: 427ypzq8ur611.png (1792x1008, 1.25M)

>It's ok when jap do it

I want the space princess outfit in this game again.

Unfortunately for you Yea Forums only believes things conveyed to them in a twitter screencap, and Matt only uses twitter to retweet Shantae fanart so good luck pushing that narrative

Attached: Genies.png (1406x387, 1.19M)

Bozon doesn't do it for tits and ass, they're present but it wasn't his goal, his goal was to give representation for women. Senran's creator wanted to give the world just like... a shit ton of tits to want to fondle.

Attached: a01d01edd870bd082a8688ea7ff45bee.jpg (600x730, 69K)

Shantae games aren't even Metroidvanias, they're more like Zelda II.

That's her potty training outfit, not a burka.

Basically the same thing.

every single one of these girls look like they'll have similar personalities even with diverse designs

Attached: stupid-mmd-users-miku.jpg (300x300, 15K)

The bosses could gain a lot with just a few expressive sounds added in. Like taunts from Risky and maybe little giggles from the plant girl during her attacks (good audio indicator of them too) and sighs or even soft singing/humming while basking in the sunlight. It would give them slightly more character and fights a sense of fun. Right now the silence is deafening.
For a series known partly for its sound design this was pretty lacking. It also does looks a little dull BUT considering its a demo for an unfinished game, and thus probably either the tutorial level or part of an unfinished one (hopefully), I still have hope it'll be enjoyable. There were a few little things in there that seemed like they'ed be fun mechanics if they can utilize them well.

Plus the presence of heart squids might mean we're getting the Squidsmith back, which is just fine in my book

Attached: 1562425210272.jpg (716x1011, 100K)

God, why can't they make a UI that doesn't look like fucking powerpoint dog shit? Other than that, the increased movement speed is a god send and incorporating instant transformations was definitely a step back into the right direction that pirate's curse started. Dungeon looked boring beyond fucking belief though. Same old shit they've been doing. Flower boss was cute as fuck though. Disappointed they're using HGH art again.

>Squidsmith HD

Attached: 1555464682891.jpg (250x250, 35K)

HGH style Squidsmith

Attached: 151609934.jpg (1500x1257, 169K)

I'm an hour in the GBC game but I'm not really feeling it so far. Does it get better or am I better off skipping it for the next game?

>she has dialog splash art

The UI is fine 2bh. It's the text boxes that need work.

Did you get to the first dungeon yet?
Those are the best part of the game imo.

It gets better as you get more abilities. It's a very solid game for what it is, I'd say try to at least get to the Golem Mine before you make the decision to drop it.

Yeah a lot of people seem to not know how metroidvania's work. Pirate's Curse is simple at the start too. The fun comes from collecting gear that gives you new movement and combat options and watching Shantae become an unstoppable sword charging, cannon ball jumping killing machine. Looks like switching quickly between monster fusions you collect will serve the same purpose.

you are subhuman sjw faggot kill yourself you have no human value

That music is boring as fuck. I hope it's just a placeholder

based

Attached: shantae5.png (2000x1396, 2.47M)

>Combat rooms
Dropped

Succubus

Attached: 1536821441430.png (625x443, 241K)

Attached: ss+(2019-07-10+at+01.08.11).jpg (393x512, 67K)

Attached: ss+(2019-07-10+at+01.08.33).jpg (233x565, 47K)

This seems pretty much like the Risky's Revenge to Pirate's Curse situation but for Half Genie Hero and Seven Sirens.
>Shantae game with new graphic style is shallow
>Sequel reuses assets to free up resources to make the game great
Seems to me like that's happening again.

Attached: ss+(2019-07-10+at+01.13.41).jpg (237x568, 46K)

WayForward? More like complete and total stagnation.

These days it feels like we get half a dozen Metroidvania platformers every quartal and from what's been shown in the demo there's absolutely NOTHING that makes it truly stand out.
By now it truly seems like "pseudo animu girls in skimpy clothing" is more or less all they have going for.

Attached: ss+(2019-07-10+at+01.14.24).jpg (415x589, 76K)

re-used some hgh stuff but more like the old games with dungeons etc
transformations streamlined will speed things along

the mini boss enemies are pretty boring though.
at least let them attack more

still needs some polish overall but could turn out pretty fun

Attached: 02_900.png (900x506, 691K)

Attached: ss+(2019-07-10+at+01.14.36).jpg (233x568, 46K)

Is that not Rotty?

Attached: ss+(2019-07-10+at+01.14.46).jpg (403x576, 77K)

Attached: ss+(2019-08-10+at+09.42.47).jpg (316x428, 55K)

Attached: ss+(2019-08-10+at+09.42.58).jpg (168x410, 30K)

That's Zombie?. Completely unrelated to Rottytops, obviously.

Attached: Not Genies.png (1477x440, 1.43M)

>using the trigger-style cut-ins
nice. very nice.

Attached: ss+(2019-08-31+at+10.35.22).jpg (274x454, 33K)

They're clearly teasing that, but I'm sure they want people to speculate. They could conjure up a long-lost sister of Rotty for all we know

It looks like shit

such is life with crops from youtube.

>series is nearly 20 years old
>still a 2D metroidvania
>the only real changes are the artstyle every single time
>hasn't even tried to do anything outside of the main series except for some apple watch game
this is just depressing, typically with franchises as they age you'd see SOME sort of evolution, but there's barely any, even Deltarune made noticeable changes to how Undertale's system works and made noticeable improvements to things like sprite animations and general art direction, here it's been the same shit for nearly 20 years and for a studio with nearly 200 people working there, that's just ridiculous. No wonder WayForward still isn't seen as anything more than "that indie studio that has some cute girl games"

Attached: TobyFoxBadTime.png (378x320, 238K)

This might actually be worse than Half Genie Hero.

>>still a 2D metroidvania
why would you want it to be anything else.
other than a porn game by Seismic

If they're all genies, then who are the "seven sirens"?

The bosses,
the plant boss is called Water Lily Siren.
Which means atleast 6 new cute monster girls.

because the market has become too over-saturated with metroidvanias and this game does nothing to really stand out

>still a 2D metroidvaina
Fuck man..... it’s like main series games rarely change formulas....... especially niche series....... fuck man we’ve been owned

Hgh was pretty easy as shit, I hope this game brings some challenge in it, and I hope they make actual puzzles unlike the mouse mazes in Hgh.
I'm glad transformations are being limited this time, Hgh just had way too many one and done transformations. I also hope they add way more mini-games, or at least something that will make me want to keep playing after i beat the game apart from trying to 100% it. The new renders are cool and the new HUD, while looking a tad bit boring, doesn't look awful. I also hope the story isn't predictable and continues the lore that Pirate's Curse started. I do like how much faster Shantae looks in the game, and instant transformations is going to save so much god damn time. The music being 16 bit isn't that great to me, and i hope it's only for that dungeon. I could care less about the sprites being reused if only they corrected the colors on them so it looked closer to the actual artstyle their using for Seven Sirens. and Risky's sprite still has yellow eyes. lol.

Attached: 1566943968123.jpg (600x596, 50K)

what do you propose we have for the next shantae? first person shooter? RTS?

The sirens are the bosses of the dungeons.

Attached: ECv_cEDWsAA4jjY.jpg (751x1063, 83K)

>still a 2D metroidvania
yeah man why can't we get solitare and gacha game and puzzle game and kart game, instead.>>>???? these idiots sold us out!!

It's not really a Metroidvania, more of a platformer with some light exploration elements.
Really it's moresimilar to Zelda 2 than Metroid, especially the first game with it's several towns.

Something like Treasure Adventure Game/World but with a higher budget.

>Shantae straight up murdered this QT
Who's the real monster?

the design is more anime than I remember

You do realize that thanks to people like you horrible shit happens to series, for instance HGH was them making a change to be more platform heavily and less metroidvaina, you’re the reason HGH exist

maybe studio trigger did more for them than just the intro movie?

because wayforward is literally a shovelware studio and the only appeal of their games is fanservice

I don't know... maybe shit like a 3D game or maybe flesh out how combat works in this game instead of using the exact same shit you did on the Game Boy Color or maybe do literally anything outside of just doing the exact same shit every single time. Even niche as hell games change aspects of their series from time to time to show how they've evolved, this franchise has barely changed from how it played 17 years ago.

no the art is still the people who did HGH's art(just different style), and the cutscenes are being done by in house WayForward animators

>Also don't forget that the literal only reason Shantae is a girl is because Bozon wanted representation for women
Dude what the fuck. You have no idea what you're talking. Bozon didn't even create Shantae. His wife did and for none of the reasons you listed. What's your goal here really?

>repeat this game over with a costume
But the costumes had different abilities and were basically new characters. HGH is good, just not much of a Shantae game. Not sure why you people come to post here when you don't like the games. You can always shitpost a console war or MH thread.

I'm pretty sure Matt said they'd never make a 3d Shantae game, mainly because you wouldn't be able to see her from behind because of her hair

Attached: 1567204413001.png (306x292, 131K)

It's Shantae. It's a dull, mediocre series that you people only like because you want to fuck the cartoon girl on the cover. Stop propping this underwhelming series up.

Yeah but some of the levels just weren't made for the other character's, *cough cough* that entire desert tower auto scroller with jammies Shantae

Attached: 1566950917382.png (465x318, 174K)

he and his wife did, and when the publishers said that people weren't going to buy a game with a female lead and they should include a character for the boys to play as, he said that she HAS to be a women

wow, this looks like an old flash game

His wife came up with the visual design of Shantae on her own, having been inspired by someone she met. She also came up with the belly dancing animal thing on her own. Then they discussed the ideas together and tried to flesh out how one could make a videogame out of it.
Neither of them did it because Shantae could add to female representation or anything like that. Seriously user, what's your issue?

And truth remains that they both want her to be sexy. They like that Shantae is a girl but that's unrelated to all your crap.

Oh goodie, the avatarfag is back

Your response will be
>someone criticizes wayforward
>IT'S ALL THE SAME PERSON MUH BARRY!!!!!!

Looks kinda cheap and lazy compared to Half Genie

the problem with shantae is the transformations themselves
most metroidvania games make your upgrades things that change your core moveset so that by the end of the game you can have more fluid platforming and tighter puzzles
shantae's base moveset is pretty much the exact same at the end of the game as it is at the start except she gets animals for puzzles
there's a reason pirate's curse is the best actual game

Watch the video, transformations are instant now, for certain maneuvers only.

But the transformation abilities are basically part of her moveset now. You have to use the dash ability in order to transform into Newt.

Oh goodie, the "ALL DETRACTORS ARE THE SAME"fag is back

Attached: jon-arbuckle-garfield-his-9-lives-49.7.jpg (210x240, 18K)

how can 1 person be so right

Attached: Water Lily Siren.webm (460x498, 775K)

HGH wasn't a metroidvania and it sucked.

poor girl just wanted some sun

Attached: EB9PHjDWsAA4Acc.png (763x870, 267K)

still was a 2D platformer that played exactly like the old games, but just didn't have an interconnected world

Zapple is my apple.

Looks better than Half Genie Hero, at least.

What you mean is that it controlled similar to the old games.
It didn't have puzzles or dungeons, it was a pure platformer, with some very light and watered down exploration.

how shantae controlled is still nearly exactly how she controls in RR, but they made the game a platformer instead.

Yeah the level esign was very different and much more linear, which made replaying levels even with new power ups less enjoyable.

Flash tier game hyped by tits and ass. You'll find better games on old cartoon network flash games.

I don't think it looks boring. Half Genie Hero was boring garbage. This looks more like a Pirate's Curse sort of entry.

Every single Shantae game except HGH had combat rooms. That being said only GBC had great ones, because while the monsters might've been the same, the terrain was different, altering the fight. Hopefully since of the wetmen fights has a more confined space, they will do that again.

I'm feeling positive about this game thus far.

Attached: Shantae_redux_by_louistrations-d5prmdx.jpg (900x1200, 457K)

I've seen more engaging gameplay in Alfred Chicken.

what a funny joke rockcock64, you forgot to bet for money in a layer of irony

>chubby shantae
hot

That honestly wasn't even a joke.
Some SNES shovelware platformer genuinely looks more engaging than this.

I bought the last game (1/2 Genie Hero) on switch. Loved the graphics and combat, but the constant running around from level to level to level just seemed annoying and busy work to keep you playing. There were several points where I just didn't know what to do or where to go. Had to sift through a lot of youtube videos to figure out what to do and how to solve puzzles. I absolutely HATE puzzles in platform game.

After I beat the main story and Risky's quest I had no desire to play it every again, even with the bikini costume, which they fucked up by making you grab sunscreen items constantly or you 'burn' and take damgage. Essentially turning the game into speedrun mode.

Fuck that. The only way I'll by this one is if it oozes fan service, and it better be good goddamn fan service, like Shanta, Sky, Risky, and Rotty joining in a all-girl lesbian orgy with strapons, DPs, and ass worship.

Attached: 1528638890053.jpg (2500x1895, 341K)

>Boring
Oh here we go. Here we fucking go. Its a switch game so its bad. You people are way too obvious. Get we it, you're jealous. But maybe just.. Ya' know. Stop and think for a moment? You're not going to fool anyone with this, you're only going to make yourself look bad. So maybe ya'll otta grow up and leave the thread before I really have to embarrass you.

Attached: 5808b9a1c524024d008b5be5-750.jpg (750x523, 48K)

It's just cause it's slower and more dungeon oriented. Pirate's Curse made you go FUCK fast, especially once you got the scimitar, and areas were fairly small.

Even the music reflects this, instead of rave-like music, it's much more subdued.

>we fucking go. Its a switch game so its bad. You
It's literally coming out on every console + pc. Shut the fuck up

Attached: 1566942068061.jpg (360x193, 16K)

bring them back

Attached: Twitch_and_Vinegar_art.png (1244x1084, 1012K)

Attached: ShantaeGirls.png (800x800, 323K)

>Its a switch game so its bad.
Uh the game was already out for a year on Steam before it even got a Switch release.
I honestly forgot I ever played the game until that Switch announcement came around the corner.

twitch and vinegar are part of the ammo army
they can just fly over and do their villain thing

Attached: twitter.com ura_niboshi D9ln8C1UIAE7zuF.jpg orig.jpg (1000x1187, 141K)

>Monkey is now Newt
F

>more giantess monstergirls
YES, HAHA, YES! They saw how Giga Mermaid took off in popularity and learned!

Great pasta.

It’s not a switch game, it’s a multiplat you retard
t. shantae fan
It isn’t even on steam yet, you thinking of HGH buddy

HGH is thr black sheep of the series. The rest are all metroidvanias, one interconnected map with dungeons and themed areas.

I'm getting pirates curse vibes, so its a buy for me.

Attached: 1566089376591.jpg (1200x800, 76K)

Care to link me to the steam page for Shantae and the Seven Sirens, smart guy?

I love all the Shantae games, but I have to admit for whatever reason the environments here look pretty dull when compared to Half Genie Hero.

Pretty much everything in SS is a response to HGH feedback. Except for the fucking TEXTBOXES.

I hope one complaint was not enough giga mermaid.

Everyone love Giga Mermaid, so the obvious course of action was to make more Giga Mermaids.

Attached: e133093d58c7c01e263146141334a16e.png (2516x2968, 2.01M)

these two are fucking lewd

Did you seriously just call a ninja costume a burqa

If you bring Twitch to orgasm, will it take ten seconds for her to actually feel it and react?

The absolute brain of Yea Forums

You and should get together, have some in-depth philosophical discussions about Shantae, and then kill yourselves.

imma buy this.

Attached: Shantae.png (903x589, 203K)

What is she saying I can't wish for

Shantae better had a good reason to murder her

Attached: mumin.png (704x1098, 150K)

Did you seriously just defend yourself with a non-response?

Attached: Shantae2.jpg (398x342, 93K)

Attached: shantaeall.jpg (1384x2485, 1.03M)

someone who loves you

Attached: 1535936608856.jpg (1024x669, 40K)

source of evil
So. had to go

wayforward learning from inti creates

Attached: twitter.com ura_niboshi EA9YsnZVAAE--I4.jpg orig.jpg (1446x2048, 233K)

Attached: shantae.png (900x1511, 1.18M)

>Literally nothing improved from the previous game except muh fast power up switches which was never really an issue in the first place
Well that's disappointing, but Shantae is a fun game so i'll probably buy it if it's sold at the same price as the last one.

She heard it was legal to smoke weed on the island so she went and smoked a weed.

Attached: sleepy weed.png (1817x1106, 1.71M)

Yeah it really feel like Shantae, bravo.

>Risky is unfinished

i want to finish inside risky

Attached: risky1.png (1920x1080, 1.15M)

Attached: risky2.jpg (1920x1080, 410K)

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3462621

Attached: risky3.jpg (1920x1080, 1.4M)

based

Attached: risky4.jpg (1920x1080, 328K)

Can you imagine if a bunch of video game girls did a futa/dickgirl x female party and they came in pairs?
>Peach and Daisy
>Chun-li and Cammy
>2B and A2
>Bayonetta and Jeanne
>Marina and Pearl
>Kat and Raven
>Shantae and Risky Boots
>Fio and Eri
>Ivy and Taki
>Jill and Rebecca
Imagine a bunch of vidya girls on a sex party and some have dicks to fuck others

The new Fusion Coin shit seems almost like it's BUILT for her to work in Smash.

One of the biggest issues with the idea of her in Smash is that one of her defining features, the transformations, are so slow to pull off.
But now, conveniently in the newest game they've clearly been working on for a while now, she has instant transformation moves that do a single effect then turn her back to normal. Exaclty the kinda shit they'd give her in Smash as specials.

Like, it's 99.99% just a coincidence, but I still hold the embers of hope in my heart that she'll get in and this shit just seems tailor made for it.

Attached: 1531676645800.jpg (1576x2059, 792K)

Theyre just making the same damn game again
Pirates curse went right just because they decided to embrace making the games more like castlevania while sticking to a better established artstyle

I never liked the new animations and sprites when shantae stopped being pixel art, lost a lot of its charm. It went from rounded and shaded to weirdly angular and snappy with extra tween. I'm also not sure why they keep switching the portrait art/artist, they hit their stride with PC but its been pretty meh since then. At least if kaufmans working on it we have the soundtrack to look forward to

Shantae has a history of killing the innocents. She doesn't need a reason.

the ending clear theme REALLY reminds me of scott pilgrim era chiptune shit.

i want that back.

dream on Bolo

Attached: shantae_bolo_leave_me_alone.jpg (1920x4296, 1.57M)

i love that she is explaining it shorthand and all bolo is thinking is "i want to die".

I legit felt bad for him

Attached: LeaveMeAlone.png (322x396, 193K)

>Risky
For some reason I always thought she was just sitting on a weird tree with a butt

Attached: GirlonGirlAdventure.png (407x467, 307K)

>Wetgals are returning from the original
>aren't in the same dungeon as the Wetmen

Attached: 1490787047206.jpg (1918x1910, 439K)

kat x shantae

Shantae isn't into stinky hobos

Zapple is for fapple

Attached: RW57T58.jpg (3024x4032, 778K)

Who else hopes there'll be costume DLCs like in HGH, but with more than simply changing your moves and a tiny bit on all the levels?

I love it too. If the game wasn’t on the smallest screen in existence and was zoomed out a bit then it would be perfect for me.

>instant transformations
>faster platforming
Will anti-dance fags fuck off now?

Attached: she turned me into a newt.jpg (800x480, 32K)

Instead she’s into cute Bolos

At BEST we'll get Risky mode but I would prefer if they made one of the new girls playable for shits and giggles. Probably Harmony.

Attached: harmony.png (330x458, 327K)

anyone who's ever done shantae lewds should to gravity daze lewds

Every Shantae game is boring. They're all shit.

A friend of mine said that the artist said this was a private commission. baka

Attached: Weegee.jpg (622x466, 47K)

Shantae has never been anything but mediocre doujin fodder. The only reason she made a comeback to begin with is because people were horny for her gbc sprites.

This

Okay

Nah, speak for yourself. I like this series. Platformers are my favorite genre.

Attached: Super Mario.png (500x445, 223K)

Jokes on you, I don't even think she's hot.

They're not the most polished or unique platformers but they *are* comfy as fuck. I like them for the same reason I like Hat in Time.

RULE34. PRON ME UP.

Except Shantae was still fairly niche even after RR released. It wasn't until the kickstarter/SatPC that the series took off.

Attached: DuLxrm9WoAE2PFt.jpg (1096x1070, 112K)

You say it like it's a bad thing

Attached: __shantae_shantae_series_drawn_by_wootsang__bcdf6b834515fd008aaef3c0638c3ffe.jpg (800x1000, 554K)

Its a Shantae game.

It's a shit game in a shit series. What did you expect, retard.

>horny for her gbc sprites
>not being horny for Bolo

I legit can't wait until Shantae gets into Smash and Yea Forums throws a shitfit of motherfucking Biblical proportions and I'll just laugh and laugh and laugh.

At this point it doesn't matter whether she gets i or not because the sheer possibility of her getting in has given her such a boost in popularity that she's now the flagship for Wayforward and one of the most recognizable indie series out there. Either way I win faggots.

Quick before the thread dies, kill fuck marry

Attached: D9B1FE13-E19B-4A83-9267-80C57F12B2A9.jpg (1242x567, 210K)

Can you even kill Rotty?

I mean I think you can at least REkill her I guess

Kill Rotty and she comes back
Marry Sky
Fuck Sky

Attached: 44664106_p0.jpg (821x1066, 445K)

Fuck this games looks so cheap.

Ditching sprites is by far the worst thing to happen to this series.

Fuck Marry Kill easy as fuck.

i wonder if sky's top was a design choice that the part covering her breasts is egg like in design.

The worst thing they ever did to Sky was make her wear pants.

Attached: 1466039182-3017084554.jpg (368x619, 126K)

Attached: for the kofxiii fags.jpg (1200x859, 176K)

yeah, but its one of those "i can understand this change" things.

you can take away her coffee and turn her into a brainless zombie

Attached: twitter.com halfgamerhero EDS_RHwXkAAyBL3.jpg orig.jpg (640x853, 85K)

Saw someone mention that the locket on "Zombie?" could be her human form's locket.

Yeah there was a single room in Pirate's Curse that had these

Attached: 1450603182239.gif (216x223, 120K)

I think it looks good. Nice Shantae 1 vibes, faster pace is welcome and the fusion/instant transformation mechanic has great potential. Its clearly still early in development, but there's some good things here already.

Attached: 1459549194684.png (1227x1039, 637K)

>Make it feel/look more like Pirates Curse
>Don't add the MUCH BETTER boss theme
youtube.com/watch?v=tCKnI_LrSzs

Don't forget how fucking rare the first game is, one of the biggest prizes for gameboy collectors.

Hmmm... It does look a bit too easy, too pedestrian. I prefer the harder Shantae games where you get some ridiculous platforming sections and funny as shit enemies.

Another mediocre fan art bait.

Capcom rigged it to flop (GBC game released well into the GBA era and in limited prints) and then they blame WayForward for its failure, leaving the GBA sequel forever lost due to nobody willing to put up cash for making physical copies.

Okay, samefag.

Looks great, but it looks like they took a page out of Inticreates book and are going to make you murder a lot of cute bosses

Attached: 68596752_10206428408906279_7234308270452637696_n.jpg (960x960, 140K)

They did exist in the token haunted castle level in HGH too. Only difference is that they were actual slimegirls.

Attached: twitter.com PirateSlutty EDTAj1WXsAco6LJ.jpg orig.jpg (640x853, 78K)

Didn't they say at least four of the sirens were the new half-genie girls?

Attached: 1541267154600.jpg (1500x1469, 338K)

This is giving me mighty no.9 and yooka laylee vibes
that's how shit it is, why is she even being pushed by smash rosterfags?

Attached: 1564716815433.png (294x234, 143K)

What the fuck is her problem

Don't do this to me Natasha.

just wants to take over all

Attached: 1550271736623.jpg (1280x1870, 819K)

They could've used the Trigger opening budget to make decent sprites instead of that newgrounds tier tweened garbage in adobe flash
but they know that their only appeal is fanservice so it makes sense they don't even bother with game quality

Attached: D-ltZjNXYAIYYCG.jpg (325x400, 24K)

Guys I want to fuck Risky

These games keep getting worse since their star talent went to yacht club

I wonder who is behind this post

Attached: bo.png (373x580, 66K)

Take a number buddy every single thinkerbat saw her first
As if! look at those fire effects

I'm sold.

Attached: plantu.png (221x367, 161K)

But will we get a pole dancing mini game?

>double saving
How you can tell somebody actually plays video games.

Also, I'm trying not to judge it too harshly based on what is probably the first dungeon. And probably an alpha/demo example of gameplay, rather than a full dungeon design. The first dungeon in the other games were more complex, while this seems incredibly linear. Sure, it loops on itself after the Risky fight, but there's never really any branching path to choose.

The instant transformation is an interesting change. Looks like she can still dance anyways, so no clue what that's used for now. Boomerang seems OP, especially since the cannonball goes away after one hit while they stay on the screen for longer. Cute characters in the game, though.

Water Lily Siren is blessed botanic beauty.
Was hoping she'd be a 2-round fight where she becomes a lot more beastly and bigger a la Biollante

Attached: yujryu.jpg (1920x1080, 394K)

Wasn't the dance parlor coming back?

they haven't said anything about it, just that mini games exist, everyone is assume it will be that though since why not?

based jizzhead

yeah. was hoping they did more with her

Attached: twitter.com Iron_mountain_t ECdd5pIX4AASjkX.jpg orig.jpg (4096x3518, 958K)

I hope we get more art like the picture where she has Shantae in her vines involving the other girls like Sky, Risky, and the other half-genies.

It could still happen. A lot of these demos will only show the first phase of a boss fight. Not saying that will necessarily be the case, but it's possible she'll have more than just the one phase in the game.

I'm surprised by how cheap it looks
how does such an old studio come up with this? it looks like one of these fangames made by a single person
take a look at any other indie, like hollow knight, they look miles better than this and it's people with less experience and money

remember that shitty bat transformation that was trivialized by the harpy and then the bat had this shitty sonar powerup literally used in 1 room in the entire game?

At least it doesn't have that god-awful chibi shit on the artstyle, only on the sprites.

>The only reason she made a comeback to begin with is because people were horny for her gbc sprites.
Literally nobody knew or cared about Shantae, not even when Risky's Revenge came out on the DSi.

Shantae only took off when the original game was ported to the 3DS VC and Pirate's Curse came out.

If you wanted to do something fun with Shantae, you could have hair that can launch and bounce off walls for angled shots, use it as a grappling hook to swing, or a helicopter Rayman style, anything.

Or make the dancing like playing a song really fast like in oot, or have a dance contest?? I just wish they would try SOMETHING and capitalize on it, fucks sake.

they just created too many for hgh
hopefully better here

Idk, I like it the more I look at it, it just the old game but smoother and I don't really mind it

Attached: 1547077034844.png (942x969, 375K)

>interconnected worlds similar to Pirate's Curse
>dungeons
>New / cute / fast transformations
I was already sold. The HGH sprite is the only thing that throws me off. It's inconsistent with how she looks now.

>interconnected worlds similar to Pirate's Curse
What. Which part of Pirate's Curse let you travel between worlds? Because I always needed to use the ship to get from one world to the next; it was one of the parts I didn't really like from that game.

Something about the art style looks shit to me. Can't really describe it, but if I had to pick one word it would be "empty"

Probably meant to say Risky's Revenge.

to be fair.
RR did get some good words back in the day
not many dsi games could compare

Attached: 1412805555248.png (1521x842, 2.06M)

I'm still not a fan of the portraits or at least Shantae's look really off

I'll admit the interconnected world was one of the big draws to me. It was one of the faults I had for Pirate's Curse and one of my disappointments with Half Genie Hero. I mean, good for people who enjoyed that, but I thought I was done with the series if that was the direction they wanted to take. I might check this one out if the world is actually interconnected again.

Attached: 345820_screenshots_20160502202453_1.jpg (1366x768, 186K)

I KEEP COMING BACK BUT YOU WON'T ACCEPT!
AM I JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, SKY?!

Attached: Sky 1439786851997.png (362x248, 101K)

you just can;t compare to Joe user

Attached: 1558835821725.png (2000x1396, 3.23M)

Literally none of these women would be good wives

Not sure if I can fap to this artwork yet. It feels like a downgrade from Pirates Cruse style.

Sky would be a great wife, as long as you were fine with her birds.
Shantae would be loving even if she constantly got busy with her work and social life.
Rotty might be good if you could get her alive version.
Risky seems to have a decent side, although she's a vindictive bitch for most of the time.

Attached: Sky princess 1434298247583.png (898x440, 107K)

Attached: B_EP7YTUwAANKYl.jpg (554x800, 61K)

I'm glad the 3D backgrounds are gone, that shit looked terrible.

Gimme thicc Squidsmith.

Attached: 1430093425738.webm (842x526, 2.38M)

Shantae has always been a boring series with nothing remarkable about it except for the cute girls.

Because Shantae games have always been boring

Someone asked who the siren's were and they said, "Well, there's seven girls in this pic besides Shantae..."
So they implied it, but the first boss having Siren in it's name implies that it'll be the bosses, and the genies will just teach you new transformations like in the first game.

Can somebody tell me the top 3 must play shantae games and which order to play them in preferably?

There's only four Shantae games currently out:
>Shantae, the original on GBC
>Shantae: Risky's Revenge
>Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
>Shantae: Half Genie Hero

I'd recommend just playing them in order. Start with Risky's Revenge if you are against playing a GBC game, though. They're all fairly good and still playable. The main issue is that the games originally started with a big connected world with dungeon diving, and started to become more and more stage-focused with later titles.

>atleast seven new cute monster girls
There's only three or four new girls. The other sirens are just Sky, Risky and Rottytops.

The sirens are the bosses, not the genies.

>four new girls are four of the sirens
>Sky, Risky, and Rotty are the other three

GBC and Pirate's Curse were genuinely decent games. I have no idea what happened with the rest.

Thanks for the info. I'm probably gonna start with half genie hero and work my way back if I enjoy it

Does Pirate's Curse have the best OST?

Sounds good. Hope you enjoy your Shantae.

Attached: 1434211923744.jpg (500x707, 71K)

Bolo.is worthless. They should kill him off.

Bolo is based, you just hate him because you see yourself in him.

what the fuck is the point of her dance if you just transform instantly now

Thanks user I guess I'm pretty based after all

Specific transformations that aren't instant?
Like the good old platforming breaking flying Harpy?

For someone that presumably isn't real, you get reaaaally on edge when met with the possibility of being confronted.

>All these empty rooms

I hope they fix this shit

Buffs, healing, warping, room attacks?
Something like that i imagine.

I think he was agreeing with you.

i want an HD port of might switch force 2
fuck the 3ds, it cramps my hands

looks as soulless as mighty no 9

>Theyre just making the same damn game again
You didn't watch the video in the OP.

She big.

Why are you so dumb?

I mean, this IS a demo version of the game.