How did they fuck up the enemy design in this so bad? The game is great in almost every aspect, but god damn...

How did they fuck up the enemy design in this so bad? The game is great in almost every aspect, but god damn, the enemies are fucking lazy. Both visually and in terms of gameplay.

Attached: prey.jpg (1920x1080, 245K)

Agree. Combat sux dix in this game. It is still a very compelling game somehow. I really liked the space station.

Would have been kind of cooler if it were more heavily centered on fighting possessed humans with crazy abilities. As it is there are like four types of enemies. Mimic, black niggas that walk around, black niggas that float, space critters, giga nigga you hide from for two minutes.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>I want to play Bioshock
Then play Bioshock, my dude.

It's fun being super strong and just effortlessly wrecking the giga nigga. Variety is definitely a bit lacking, and whoever thought cystoids were a positive addition should be fired.

>hiding for 2 minutes
>not dunking on space giganigga with sheer human innovation
Pleb

I like how they look, apart from the eyes

>Would have been kind of cooler if it were more heavily centered on fighting possessed humans with crazy abilities
What kind of abilities?

>crack this shit to see what the fuss is about
>installer says "horror"
>what.png
>I thought this was some sort of big boy FPS
>only have knowledge of the game from /wsg/ technology in vidya threads
>launch it
>it's spooky as fuck
>play 15mins and uninstall

Did anyone else find The Nightmare kind of cute?
If you watched him when he couldn't find you, he looked a bit nervous and skittish.

It's not really all that scary outside of the first section. The more familiar you get with the enemy the less they spook you

1/4 in they give you a mimic detector anyway

What should the enemies look like?

>As it is there are like four types of enemies. Mimic, black niggas that walk around, black niggas that float, space critters, giga nigga you hide from for two minutes
There's also the invisible guys that throw stuff at you, and corrupted operators. Some of the floating guys also use turrets against you, while others mind control people. I'm having a hard time thinking of more enemies that would truly add more gameplay variety

Attached: 409dd2e5fcc8d764d998c4683ba36a69.jpg (640x640, 78K)

the mimic detector was such a fucking stupid idea, i get its optional but man it has the potential to completely ruin some of the fun surprises.

Damn I was thinking of playing this game because I heard some enjoyed it more than Dishonored 2. What are some other good games with vertical open ended levels and cool superpowers?

Mooncrash does make you more nervous about enemy encounters when your no longer overpowered halfway through the main game.

>giga nigga you hide from
Killed that guy when I first encoutered him and that was a no neuromod run
Did you run with psychoscope on for the entire game? Didn't seem like a good idea with it obscuring my view.

If Prey is horror, Soma is a fucking nightmare.

>missing out on GOTY 2017 because you are scared of pixels
the absolute state of this board

Attached: 89724834-256-k755431.jpg (256x400, 12K)

There's one particular jump scare that really got me, other than that the horror aspects are really mild.

go play system shock then

Bioshock sux dix was more though.

How are you niggers killing the nightmare? Seems like a waste of ammo.

>How are you niggers killing the nightmare? Seems like a waste of ammo.
Combat focus III + fully upgraded shotty. That's literally it.

>There's one particular jump scare that really got me, other than that the horror aspects are really mild.
Which one? Mine was body behind medbay door

He probably means touchscreen calibration.