Attached: f46.gif (49x106, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SDCQY6nHsbI
moddb.com/mods/death-wish-for-blood
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MARANAX INFIRMUX

Has Fresh Supply been fixed yet?

MODERN ARTS AND FEAR BOOKS

Attached: 1544196738299.gif (106x118, 7K)

CRUDOX CRUO

yes

no
atari literally killed it

in first major patch
patches still come out, but it's mostly just MP fixes/tweaks

VILOMAXUS

Everytime I think about replaying Blood I remember that cultists comprise 70% of the games combat and are hitscanning bullshit and that pretty much every single other enemy type is uninteresting as fuck. I also remember that the second half of the game is garbage compared to the first.

youtube.com/watch?v=SDCQY6nHsbI

Fresh supply has custom difficulty setting, Made to Order, where you can adjust among other things, damage and aggressiveness (reaction speed) values for each type of enemy. If hitscanners annoy you that much, you can just reduce their accuracy and reaction, while having Extra Crispy number of enemies on level.

just be good

CRUDUX CRUO

I was never aware this was a problem (apparently) until I started reading people on the internet complaining about hitscans on Doom, Blood, etc. Didn't even know what the fuck hitscan was until then, and I managed to complete Blood just fine.

>I managed to complete Blood just fine.
I did too, but the hitscan enemies in Blood still have issues. They basically have aimbot and react immediately to you, so you either have to abuse dynamite/shotgun peeking against them or crouching so they can't hit you. They just really limit what you can do. And one of the Blood devs said he wished he had more time to rebalance them.

The devs fixed a ton of bugs but they sadly only managed to shit out three major patches before Atari regained control. It's not as much of a hot mess as it used to be, but there's no real future with it.

What did atari do?

Blood is the only classic FPS that I play on the "medium" difficulty instead of the second hardest or hardest. The game becomes a tedious "throw dynamite around every corner" slog instead of a fun run & gun action game. Lightly broiled feels like the most balanced difficulty and thankfully modern Blood sourceports let you play with lightly broiled enemy stats with Well Done/Extra Crispy enemy counts. The common gun-wielding jackasses in robes shouldn't be the most terrifying thing in a game where you fight otherworldy monters.

I tried playing blood and I don't know if I'm retarded but I had a really hard finding a decent amount of ammo and if I use the pitchfork It's basically suicide

>The game becomes a tedious "throw dynamite around every corner" slog instead of a fun run & gun action game.
Yeah, that's the issue. Not that it's too hard, but it becomes really restrictive in what you can do.

>modern Blood sourceports let you play with lightly broiled enemy stats with Well Done/Extra Crispy enemy counts.
I didn't know that, sounds pretty good. Lately I've been wanting to replay Blood but also kind of not wanting to because of those balance issues, so I think I'll like that. Or maybe just tweak their accuracy and reaction time like says.

You don't get much ammo in the beginning, but it's more common after the first few levels. You can do hit and run tactics on the zombies pretty easily with the pitchfork as long as you try to stay out of their range, and use the flare gun on the cultists until you get more ammo later.

If you don't want to buy Fresh Supply since it still has bugs Blood GDX also has the customizable difficulty. Lightly Broiled enemy stats with Well Done or Extra Crispy enemy counts is fun as fuck.

Also don't forget to check out Death Wish:

moddb.com/mods/death-wish-for-blood

One of the best fanmade campaigns ever created for a classic FPS. The levels are all incredible and far surpass even the vanilla games.

Don't feel bad. Blood has an EXTREMELY punishing beginning compared to every other shooter from that era. Ammo is painfully limited at the start of the first episode so try to pitchfork zombies and save your ammo for the cultists until the game starts giving you plenty of ammo later on.

How do double weapons work in this game? I never understood it.

I think it just doubles firing rate/damage/ammo consumption

>If you don't want to buy Fresh Supply since it still has bugs
what kind of bugs?