Why yes I do think TBC was peak WoW

>why yes I do think TBC was peak WoW

Attached: czad.jpg (1080x1331, 132K)

Is WotLK great or is it praised so much just because it was the first expansion many have played back in the day? I think BC was much better and in fact the best version of WoW even surpassing vanilla.

There, that's how you start a thread.

Attached: wow.jpg (960x352, 67K)

first half of WotLK was pretty good, rest is pure shit tho

WoTLK brought some much needed spectacle and a lot of great quality of life options to the game without actually infinging on the difficulty or good parts of the game too much and arguably pvp was at it's best and most balanced for all classes. They also tried to make all classes more viable in more situations, so it felt very fresh because suddenly your paladin was a viable tank or your mage could win in pvp. There were a ton of extras you could do to look more elite like achievement mounts etc, and Dalaran was amazing.

ideal expansion

>class design / mechanics from wotlk
>pve progression, reps, economy design from tbc
>world from classic
>level cap 60
>no BGs only arena and world PVP
>no flying mounts
>free game
>wod+ graphics

these points are proven by science and anyone that disagrees is basically an brainlet

>level cap 60
meh

WotLK was peak WoW and IMO was when classes felt the most fun and overpowered

>flying
>belves
two reasons why you're wrong

WOTLK is where the game really started getting easy and super-casual. STARTED getting easy, for the most part.

Most noticeably in the leveling departments. Every class is super easy and fast to level, and lots of elite quests were nerfed to normal quests; actual "group quests" that require 2-3 people, there's maybe only 1 per zone in the 1-60 zones. Some specs like prot warrior were just retardedly broken at leveling and you could pull like 5+ mobs and cleave them down with ease.

In terms of the 70-80 and WOTLK content in general, it was pretty nice. Naxx was woefully undertuned, but that is understandable considering that its original vanilla release had less than 1% of the playerbase even see the inside of the instance. Ulduar is considered one of the best raids of all time, and then ToC is considered one of the worst raids of all time. Icecrown was bretty gud all around, except for the fucking dumb "50 attempts" shit on lich king. It lacked the retarded attunement shit that TBC had, which increased raid participation a whole lot.

Though yes, it did introduce LFD (not "LFG" as people keep calling it) and cross-realm dungeon shit which led to the downfall of communication and community in the game.

It also started class homogenization, lots of classes that previously had no AoE abilities got them (shadow priest, ret paladin, even fucking rogues got an AoE) and such, with Blizz shifting their class design philosophy towards "bring the player, not the class". You still needed to have Paladin healers for the tanks and Priests/Shamans for AoE healing, but for just normal mode content, you could get by with most any raid comp.

Overall it was a good expac, but it started a lot of the negative traits that got expanded in later expacs. (cross-realm dungeons, class homogenization, nerfing outdoor solo content, etc)

Belfs and Draenei raped the lore amd faction aesthetics in the name of korean gamer neets

i-i can tell why

Attached: 3596929.jpg (225x225, 19K)

>wahh wahh muh flying
only people who hate flying are brainlet undead rogues who are buttmad that they can't gank people anymore

Attached: delightfully devilish.jpg (470x595, 201K)

>flying
great option for travel
>belves
my orc can finally fuck something that looks nice

TBC was the best as instead of removing abilities from classes or trying to homogenize everything it instead just added abilities to classes in order to let you do things your own way.

Blizzard got too obsessed with the idea of trying to fit every class into specific roles that were interchangeable.

I too miss 40 minute arena matches and resilience stacking.

insta queue teleport to dungeon also a great option for traveling
mounts at level 1 also a great option for traveling
5 hearthstones also great option for traveling
every portal to everywhere in main city also great for traveling
die

>wod+ graphics
"No!"

>no pandas
it sucks cock

Attached: panda dance.gif (450x450, 476K)

fuck off chink lover

All of your points are pure ultra AIDS that should never be in a MMORPG game of this scale.

>draenai have spaceships and are attractive now instead of weird monsters
>the horde permanently turns into a faction of elves and dead humans with a few greenskins on the sides
>the light is now energy from windchimes you can suck up instead of just a personal belief in yourself thing
>"MEMBER THAT CHARACTER FROM WC3? HE'S BACK AND NOW YOU GOTTA KILL HIM FOR LOOT"
>flying mounts and shoving all the highest level players being in a completely different world crippled world pvp, arena was the deathblow
>start of blizard pandering to people whining on fourms and heavily overbuffing classes so they can do everything, end of class fantasy along with making paladin/shaman no longer exclusive
>start of welfare gear and the games entire design being about gear treadmills
>instead of actually following up on planned vanillia stuff like the emerald dream we got this stupid shit

You already have Night Elves in Ashenvale

only people who have issues with ganks are people who can't get friends to help them out with those ganks

I'll give you that TBC made this whole thing worse, because now you can't say "hey level 60 bro, help me out with this guy" because he's in another world entirely, so starting to discourage ganks was the best move.

There is not a single thing except maybe Dalaran that I can agree with. What do you mean by paladin not a viable tank, or mage winning in pvp? The classes were losing their uniqueness despite being perfectly fine in BC (this is coming from someone who had 2400 MMR back then and was leading raids, and no I wasn't playing a warlock). All of the quality of life improvements made the world worse. Yes it's great to have convenience but is it really? Where is the line? Perhaps we have different bars to that question.

same as the noclip mode that are flying mounts

True. However you have to factor a few things. The cast time was 3 seconds, the flying mount was only 60% while the ground mount was 100% and the fast mount was very expensive. It took a long time to farm 5k gold for most people. I love world pvp the most and I enjoyed it even more than in vanilla. All of the meeting stones or farm areas, I was killing people even on flying mounts because they were that slow, I fucking loved it.

Honestly I hope Classic goes down the OSRS route and adds new content that stays in line with Classic styling

A Northrend expansion for instance (with no raise in level cap) would be fucking ideal

that would be great but sadly it won't happen

I unironically liked pandaria the most