Isaac thread

appolyon is the strongest character

Attached: isaac.jpg (474x266, 29K)

Weird way to spell Azazel

azazel is stronger but void makes it so you can't get a bad run
azazel needs good items, appolyon doesn't

The original post says "strongest" so the answer is azazel, regardless of how often you get good runs

if by strongest you mean who allows you to win the most runs then appolyon is the strongest

Strongest character should be based on power when the run starts

I always seem to get absolutely gimped by RNG when I play Apollyon.

who cares when you can void anything

I do when it never gives damage or tear rate

>get luck
>get money
>buy stopwatch
>win

That's what I'm saying; I always get absolute garbage luck with void

Is Afterbirth+ worth the money now?

The new music for Repentance is fucking shit. SHIIIT!

Is it not the same as in Antibirth?

nah those faggots changed it

Nope. All new music and it's not as good. They had a stream last night and the excuse was shit. It was something along the lines of Riduculon's music fit the theme better or some bullshit.

Last year or so Mudeth said he'll make a mod to add his music in and I'm not playing until he does.

>No Innocence Glitched
>No Depression Shop
>No Esc
>No Machine in the Walls
Guess I'll be keeping my money then and just keep playing the mod. What a shame they officially integrate good content and still manage to fuck it up.

Attached: 1550703890472.png (680x699, 394K)

Why play Isaac over Gungeon?
Isaac
>terrible art
>god awful aim system
>repetitive enemies and level design
>bosses are generally easy
>bogged down by random power ups that do nothing

Gungeon
>Aim system is perfect and can be tweaked for hardcore players
>array of weapons and power ups all benefit player in some way or another
>bosses are a bitch to fight for the most part with some exclusions
>lengthy but easy enough to pick up and finish
>excellent OST
>artsyle isn’t flash but detailed pixel art including weapon animation and other small details
>update adds incredible replayability with boss run, blessed runs, cursed runs

I can’t understand the appeal of Isaac it’s honestly not that good

I love both games but Gungeon is a slog for the first 2 floors.

Isaac
>Enjoyable

Gungeon
>Slog

>gungeon
>bosses scale on most powerful weapon

yeah im gonna pass
isaac has scaling bosses to but i dont have to even see them

Do you guys think that they'll change mega satan's unlocks into anything useful now that theres real co op now? Fuck those babies

>holy mantle AND the cat on the 1st floor
I'm savescumming this run and there's nothing you can do about it.

>Strongest character should be based on power when the run starts
Nah. I think that's silly. Like you can have a huge power stat and that bot mean shit at the end of the game because you got no items. You need to think overall run. I think OP should have said best character to clear things up. That being said, I think both characters are too stronk anyways

How do I git gud with Lilith? Didn't notice it at first, but her familiar makes hitting shit so much harder

bff gg

Mudeth mentioned he will still be working on a soundtrack for Repentance, so you'll have to mod it in. If anything I'll take that.

She's really good in Greed mode but in the normal game you need a lot of luck to get her anywhere near half-decent.

That's good, but only if it actually happens. So I'm gonna wait before buying anyway until I can mod it in.

No, but it's better. Danny > Riduculon >>>>>>>>>>>>> mushit.

retard

"Opinions" this shit should have you lynched.

does antibirth add any new characters

>jacob and esau
>bethany
>edith was cut but whatever

i dont like gungeon because you spend too long with starting gun which sucks, first level always feels like it drags and its because enemies are too bullet spongy. I wish the game had a mode where you and everyone else dies in 1 hit like Hotline Miami.

>savescumming
explain

>Re-starting for a good start is save scumming
What? Save scumming would be quitting just before you die and starting the floor over again.

Rooms needed to have the pacing of Nuclear Throne and it would've been ace. Enemies die quickly but there's just a bunch of them.

How can ANYTHING be worse than Afterbirth music?

Attached: 1565842756248.jpg (475x712, 96K)

hush theme is cool

mom theme is cool

>Opinions
These are facts, not opinions retard. Take your shitty "opinions" back to plebbit fag

Attached: 257.jpg (680x490, 28K)

>Image full of meme shit
>Calls others reddit
Actual cancer.

Sorry, sweetie, but, facts don't care about your feelings. You're a filthy plebbitor and if i saw you IRL i would beat the shit out of your morbidly obese body.

Attached: c32.jpg (680x1253, 75K)

Keep em coming. These are all going straight into my filters where they belong.

Thanks for telling me retard, now i'm gonna modify each of them.

Attached: ea0.jpg (640x648, 65K)

No, items are rebalanced now but still shit
wait for antibirth DLC

isn't there a repentance stream today?

I'm talking about your buzzword shit too retard.
Besides go ahead and change the images all you want. It takes me 2 second to filter it again anyway.

That is Isaac holding d6

Go ahead and filter all these mean buzzwords sweetie, soon you'll have all of Yea Forums filtered out and you're gonna be forced to go back to your shithole. And yes, i'll make sure to slightly modify the pics everytime i repost them.

Attached: alienchad.png (500x500, 307K)

...so who is weakest?

Attached: 1559278105526.gif (333x250, 1.97M)

All these people arguing over who’s strongest, while I’m busy steamrolling with my boy Judas.

Attached: 4DEE4B47-BADB-4316-9C57-FADA50607C10.jpg (500x640, 230K)

Anybody spouting buzzword shit never have anything of value to say anyway.

do you think kilburn will do anything about the soul heart meta because it's pretty fucking boring what every single run has you stacking soul hearts to guarantee devil/angel room spawns and there are a shitton of items, including 2 guaranteed drops and an entire character that are better when you have no red hearts to speak of in the first place

It's almost like the word buzzword itself is a buzzword, and you've been spamming it for a while now. By your logic, you have nothing of value to say either, and you should filter yourself out of this world.

Attached: b6b.jpg (680x760, 42K)

I'm personally a cainfag. You get some extra damage like Judas but have one more red heart for potential devil deals and can more easily game the shop and beggars. All of my best runs have been on cain (including my recent double-steamsale + restock gamebreak run)

>Lucky Foot is a garbage step down from Flash Cain where you used to be able to eat the yummy drugs without recourse
>But now he has a paperclip
he's pretty great but I miss old Cain

>Awhile now
>Literally only said it twice
Brain too small to handle a word appearing more than once?

Are you talking about me or yourself? as far as i know, i'm not the one who's filtering those mean buzzwords

Attached: galactichad.jpg (1357x960, 494K)

>not taking every pill you see, recourse be damned

Attached: 1558293375772.png (795x991, 509K)

Monolith is better than both.

Attached: DcCAJoHUwAECZKc.jpg (1000x905, 209K)

You seem upset at my filtering.
Guess knowing all it takes is hitting rrefresh hand POOF! every single post you've made vanishes for me.

>Take every pill I find
>Roll dice that does the D4 affect every chance
RNG take me!

I only take pills at the end of a floor unless I already know what it does
There's so much garbage now that it's not even worth rolling the dice for shits and giggles

Azazel was strong on original rebirth, on DLC bosses like hush or delirium what became literal damage sponge touhou simulator azazel became really bad for these bosses because of his low range.

REPENTANCE STREAM WHEN

when is antibirth coming out, or whatever the name of the commercial version is

Attached: 1561213933029.jpg (374x347, 39K)

>rrefresh hand
Considering the fact that you can't even spell basic words anymore, i'm thinking that you're the one who's seething for being exposed as a filthy plebbitor. Admittedly, i do care about you filtering my posts, because you're such an easy target, and having to change my tactics is too much hassle. Guess i'll just go back to derailling other threads then.

Attached: 85b.png (680x876, 316K)

As someone who actually likes Gungeon Nuclear Throne is better

Attached: image.jpg (600x582, 57K)

Can you two take it somewhere else? We are trying to have an Issac thread.

Attached: OOF.gif (382x273, 2.93M)

too linear and too bullshit

>People make Isaac clones
>Load of them don't seem to do any cool synergies

The linearity doesn't bother me due to how fast paced it is but I do agree the game can get pretty bs at times

Attached: image.jpg (852x633, 97K)

>tfw you get double steam sales everytime but no restock

Attached: 1563539932373.jpg (312x312, 23K)