Imagine if this game wasn't gimped by the Switch...

Imagine if this game wasn't gimped by the Switch. We would have breathtaking graphics while being able to run at constant 60 fps.

Attached: 1546383238229.jpg (1920x1080, 753K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gPT652uw1uM
youtu.be/zVYQlBvauiM
youtube.com/watch?v=6kaxEE30F6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It would also probably be never made.

that art style looks like gantz

Attached: its been 0000 seconds.jpg (1280x720, 252K)

Wouldn't be made. No one but Nintendo is willing to fund risky, unconventional games.

Imagine of Sony had any games at all

imagine if nintendo had left platinum to die

It'd be a movie on PS4 and censored like shit on Epic Games store because we all know they'd try and snag it as an exclusive.

That's the problem with console exclusives.

It is a movie though

how exactly is a qte-filled movie game "unconventional" in today's industry?

Nah, you can tell it's blatantly Katsura from the male's design in particular. He's the mangaka for series like I'S, DN2, Video Girl Ai, and Zetman and has been doing some anime character designs like for Garo: Guren no Tsuki and Tiger and Bunny.

>PORTBEGGING this hard

Nintendo was so traumatized by the Gamecube that they'll never make a conventional console again. We're gonna keep getting variations of the Wii that are 1-2 generations behind their competition.

actually play the game retard

At least it gets made, i was really looking forward to that samurai game on ps4 this year.

It's a fucking hack and slash, probably the least unconventional game to come out this year.

user, Sekiro is selling really well

>no COPE!posting nintentards ITT
yet

No it was an exclusive, tsushima or some shit.

play the game

Attached: 1563542456742.png (872x757, 136K)

why are threads criticizing this game getting deleted?

>why are blatant shit posting threads getting deleted?
gee I dunno

Have you seen the fury of butthurt nintentrannies? As fun as it is to provoke them, we cant have the whole board overrun with their copeposting, that might increase its average quality!

the art direction sucks so it wouldn't look good on anything

Do you mean SEETHING sonyfags still vyring and making 300 bots accounts to COPE?

ghost of tsushima
it's just gonna be a shitty sekiro

>t. butthurt nintendofag
Right on cue
finish the game already sweetheart? I'm sure there are some new ports of PC trash you could play on your shitch

COPE, snoycuck

>it's just gonna be a shitty sekiro
t. nintendie

Attached: 2FD9859B-0DEF-4265-A9E6-5FEF12ADEE42.jpg (1080x1020, 72K)

>Probably
Can't trust the opinion of someone who hasn't played the game
Filtered, stay mad about it sony pony

Ah, I remember now. Isnt that the game about some dead decapitated woman killing shit, supposed to come on PS4?
>implying I need to be a snoycuck to make fun of butthurt nintendies
Top kek faggot. Maybe you'll get more scraps of actual good games if you behave

sekiro isn't even on switch you fag, the gameplay we saw of tsushima is literally sekiro for babies

I've seen this first hand after finishing the DQXI demo.

I havent touched my PS4 in months but the abysmal image quality made me fire it up to check my old DQXI screenshots and yeah... I certainly pass on the Switch version. Bonus DLC isn't worth hurting your eyes for, because that shit is so blurry it can't be good for them.

Imagine living in a world were console wars shitposters didn't exist

The last part makes you sound like some sissy faggot, just so you know

>Owie! My sensitive Virgin eyes!

Its 100% gonna be on PC

Do you actually believe that?

It's gimped but because it is running on 3 different engines

Not enough snoy to be any other consoles

Attached: 1536910786534.jpg (1600x900, 128K)

General rule is that if the main game underperforms on the console of choice, it usually ends up ported as a definitive edition. Or its sequels go multiplat

Has anyone tried emulating Chains yet?

Won't happen, retard
The IP olis owned by Nintendo

So have fun portbegging for a completely broken version for 8 years

If the game wasn't on the Switch, it wouldn't exist. Only Nintendo is willing to bankroll Platinum at this point.

Snoyfags literally said graphics are more important than good games existing.

Literally why do you guys care SO much about 60fps?

Jesus. Am I out of tough? And I getting too old?

Attached: 2019082914282200-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

>am I getting too old
Try playing some 60fps games on PC for a while, then go back to your 30 fps trash. The innate urge to puke will answer your question

because high framerate makes action games play better
trading gameplay for grafix is for faggots

out of touch *

I have played plenty of 60fps games on my PC. I don't give a shit either way. And I don't know why you guys bring it up every fucking chance you get.

It's so stupid.

Attached: 2019083110160700-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 276K)

>Owie! My sensitive eyes and stomach!
Grow up to be less of a faggot

so you don't care about the blaring shitty midi music of the ps4 version?

same for bayo 2 and i didnt complain then
because they at least try to put gameplay first by unlocking the framerate
this is just pathetic and i'm not supporting it

Every top snoy exclusives run on 30fps you fucking retard

>20 hours long

no thx. SSB and this game are the most overhyped things i refuse to buy for the switch until they're in the bargain bin. and yes, i don't mind waiting 5 years for that either

Why? At most it adds 1/60th of a second in input latency, which is nothing.

Yes, and all of them (barring two) ended up ported to PC where they run better in every way. Your point?
I'm not a snoyfag, nintendie. And your platform is still underpowered shit

No it doesn't. It has no affect on anything besides promoting your big dick elitist values.

Attached: 2019082917522300-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 264K)

>performance doesn't effect anything
lmao

Yet you are port begging pathetically for their games.
Like a cuck

Red dead 2? Bloodborne? God of war? Last of us?

Its actually sad to see you consolefags defend garbage framerate and optimization so rabidly. Such a shame you'll never know how good games can truly look and feel

Latency is cumulative. That said, latency isn't necessarily the important factor. High framerate means you get a much higher rate of visual feedback.

>QTE
I see a ton of opportunities for them but the only QTE in the game is the cinematic finish attack that you can do for style points to end a fight. Kamiya's supervision got them the motorcycle sequence but not QTEs or space harrier (that i've seen so far)

Why are you behaving like a sissy?
Does it hurt your little princess eyes?

What? That makes no sense. Whether at 30 fps or at 60 fps, you're reacting to stuff based on the amount of time it takes for you to visually register it. Time is independent of framerate.

youtube.com/watch?v=gPT652uw1uM

>Red dead 2
PC port in development got leaked, where were you?
>Gow? Bloodborne?
The two I referred to
>TLOU
Movies dont count
>calls others portbeggars
>when 90% of the shitch library comes from portbegging indies
oh the hypocrisy

Seriously, it doesn't make any difference. I have a PC that is fully capable and I couldn't care less if something is 30fps or 60fps.

I've been on this site this long and the stupidity here never ceases to amaze me.

This but for xenoblade 2, fuck the switch

There's two "mash the button fast" QTEs and a couple of bosses that are finished off by hitting ZL when the light glows.

People who don't play the game think sync attacks are QTEs. I was thinking along those lines until I actually played it.

I might pick it up just because of Masakazu Katsura doing the art.

When can you replay older Files? Is it once you go through the main story?

and yet somehow, xenoblade 2 which drops to 360p/5fps during combat was 2017's best game (in a year where persona 5, nier automata, yakuza 0, botw and odyssey came out). lmao. sonyfags, xfag and pcfag completely and utterly btfo.

>Whether at 30 fps or at 60 fps, you're reacting to stuff based on the amount of time it takes for you to visually register it.
The time it takes to register is much shorter when you're receiving more temporal information. That's a more important factor than input latency.

Any file can be replayed as soon as you finish it. Don't start replaying until you get the axe legion in file 7 I think.

>game is made for switch by nintendo's bankroll
>dude what if it were on other console

Yeah. Hit up the PC in the command room to replay files.

I've been on this site this long and the stupidity here never ceases to amaze me.
>t. console defending tripfaggot who's never seen 4k 60fps in his life
You're right. Stupidity of your caliber is a rare sight, even in this shithole

>all these fags defending 30fps
elite autsim at work people

30 fps sure better in term of performance but that doesnt mean it looks good, see opera effect on youtube.

Fuck I can't play the game until I get my jig to hack my switch. I have the game available but my switch version is too low to play the game.

>and I
you're also onso, who gives a fuck about what you think? I was playing FFXIV on my PS4 until I realized how much better it runs on my PC and it clearly effected how the game played and felt beyond "wow so smooth"

>literally portbegs
>complains others are portbeggers
LOL, how cucked can you be?
At least stand by your portbegging

I play 144fps games on my PC all the time and I have no issues adjusting for 30 fps on consoles.

60 fps is always better, there's no denying it. But sometimes that's not achievable, and that's ok.

Crying non stop about "muh fps" is getting pathetic.

HOW LONG IS IT
I DON'T WANT TO GET METAL GEAR RISING'D AGAIN

Just use Aluminium Tinfoil on your right joycon on pin 9 & 10

>redditspacing
>But sometimes that's not achievable, and that's ok
>But sometimes that's not achievable
>and that's ok
Hey, is pic related you?

Attached: more soy.jpg (358x539, 52K)

Imagine being this butthurt over a Nintendo exclusive

You're talking complete shit. Something moving more smoothly doesn't mean it's more reactable if they both move at exactly the same speed.

>and it clearly effected how the game played and felt beyond "wow so smooth"
Yeah, like what? "wow, so smooth" is literally the only thing it provides.

The gameplay might have been good as well if they didn't cater to the toddler audience.

>The time it takes to register is much shorter when you're receiving more temporal information. That's a more important factor than input latency.

The only frame that matters is the first frame that gives you the visual cue to react to. It doesn't halves your reaction time, it only matters for the first frame, which has a 50% chance of being the same between 30/60 or being one frame late. That's a 17ms difference.

Higher framerate is purely QoL stuff. If you have time to react to shit happening in the game at 60fps, you have time to react all the same at 30. If you think otherwise you're deluded.

How do I get s+ on the first missions Bike part. Just take no damage?

>Something moving more smoothly doesn't mean it's more reactable if they both move at exactly the same speed.
Something moving more smoothly means you're able to determine where and how it's moving much more rapidly. The more information you have, the easier it is to extrapolate. What's so hard to understand?

>waaah stop portbegging!
>t. portbegging shitch owner
address your own hypocrisy first bitch

Nah higher fps affect gameplay a lot but that doesn't mean it looks good

I was able to get it without the damageless bonus but it was probably luck.

Switch owners are THE portbeggars, Nintranny.

stop breathing

Attached: 23424.png (150x113, 36K)

I swear to God, if they ever split Yea Forums to Sony and Nintendo boards, Nintendo board would be much more active than Sony with countless ''it's not fair bros'', ''why are there no games'' LARPers and portbeggars.

>Astral Chain is a dogshit QTE-riddled cinematic movie gam-

Attached: 1567103086898.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

ALRIGHT SO I JUST GOT TO THE CREDITS AND WHAT THE FUCK
WHY IS MY CONTROLLER STILL VIBRATING?

Attached: apple.gif (320x204, 1.45M)

Looks like it, yea.
Shame it's not more like Nier or DMC5

You would have a million waifu and 'HE'S IN' threads but anything even tangentially related to gameplay? Haha, no.

>We would have breathtaking graphics
You mean like Nier? Bwahahahahhahahaha

I'm 10 hours in and just starting File 7. Game will probably end up being 18 hours long about since there are 11 Files in total.

>No U!
Literally retarded and cucked

Tell that to the assmad players that are review bombing the game because it's on Switch only

30 FPS is ok as long as there’s no drops but that’s not usually be case.

>the retard says in a literal portbegging thread
COPE more

Fps is just this shitty generation's version of bits. It's 95% marketing and adds very minimal value to gameplay.

I'm a Nintendard and that shit pisses me off as much as LARPers.

Platinum almost died from constant Nintendo failures. Nier on ps4 saved the company.

I own PS4 Pro, Xbone X Switch and PC.
It's seriously not that much of an issue outside of FPS games.

It almot died because of Scalebound, you stupid fuck.

>Not TMNT
>Not Legend of Korra
>Not Scalebound being cancelled
>Nier isn't even a PS4 Exclusive
Man stop trying to consolewar

>switchfag blind to his own hypicrisy
>thinks its a portbegging thread when all the posts are clearly shitposting about the game quality
>more COPE! posting
The memes just write themselves at this point

This game wasn't meant for the western audience. There are no niggers, trannies and ballbusting, so you wouldn't like it anyway.

Attached: 9c8c3709576a490cac6ea7b230e444d59da4e1bb721147f2b30a0d101274288e.png (892x1011, 188K)

>Imagine if this game wasn't gimped by the Switch. We would have breathtaking graphics while being able to run at constant 60 fps.
This is not portbegging? So what is it, then?

Not really. Most of the music itself is shit, so it doesn't matter if it's midi or orchestral.

I don't get it. I get the same score every time. It must be requiring an unscathed bonus or something.

Attached: 4535435435435.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

>he thinks asking for the game on a different system isn't portbegging
>it's okay if I do it!!!!!!
LOL, literally as pathetic as you can become.

Why not just admit you are portbegging, instead of desperately COPING?

Shitting on the switch for being a total piece of trash that has no relevance in this day and age. The fact that Astral chain, a game of good potential chose to cripple itself by becoming switch exclusive is a sad thing regardless of shitposting and portbegging. No game in this day and age should stick to the cutting edge graphics specs of ten years ago and yet here we are

Sounds like simple COPING and portbegging to me

Attached: idort.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Near a Tomato's PC port is so horrendous that it's a PS4 exclusive for all intents and purposes

Yep. Got it now from the Not A Scratch bonus.

Thanks but I'd rather use a jig for convince sake as well as peace of mind.

socks isnt like that at all, stop posting dumb shit

It's also on Xbox, you dumb cuck.
Why are sonyfags so cucked they consider multiplats exclusives?

just tweak global illumination.

Too easy, its not worth it. I'll be busy COPING as I play DMC5 in 4k 60fps, quality you nintentrannies will never see in your console. Enjoy your victory!

Everybody already did that

i do both

>can only replay old ass fuck mediocre games
I feel genuine pity for you

>COPING this hard he can't play it
LOL, really fucking cucked

lol, who even gives a shit about Xbox.

>He fell for the 4k meme

Have fun, user. But that doesn't explain why you come here and cry about the game you can't and won't play.

>it's a Sony exclusive!
>REEEEE! THESE PLATFORMS DON'T COUNT!!
next level COPE

You are a retard if you really think people that owned the switch don't have pc

>can only play games in 540p 30fps, 720 if he's at home
>thinks he can pity anyone
Your naivete is almost adorable

Just wait for Yuzu to get properly developed. There's plenty of other shit to play in the meantime.

Attached: FE-TMS-323.jpg (2835x1911, 1.85M)

t. Jirengamer25

reminder that consolewar shitposters are 3rdworlder spics

Ok, shitposting aside. Can somebody give me a recommendation for this game? All I see is consolefags. I just want to know if the game is fun for god sakes.

Attached: 1566622912881.jpg (217x266, 13K)

>can only replay old ass fuck mediocre games
>library is full of shitty ports of mediocre old ass fuck games everybody finished months ago
lmao

>fps matter
>grafigs matter
fuck off, chess is the greatest game ever and it runs at 0fps and without any graphics at all.

Attached: 1510530754011.gif (800x450, 531K)

I desire more outfit unlockables.

Attached: EDUOHtiUEAAtBzw.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

no QTEs and there's gameplay out the ass here. stop parroting what the hi/v/emind tells you and actually play the game, nerd

>expecting an honest answer in this cesspool
you're better off to gamefaqs or something.

Sure. First, how do you feel about other Platinum games, specifically Nier Automata, Metal Gear Rising, and Wonderful 101? And if there's any standout parts you like/dislike on them.

i don't know that i'd want to, seeing all the parrots crawl out of the woodwork is hilarious

>Imagine if this game wasn't made for Switch, it would be 60 fps
>actually it wouldn't be made
>REEEEE I DIDN'T WANT IT ANYWAY STUPID QTE MOVIE
Don't worry, maybe Platinum will make a game on your platform of choice.

The human eye can't even see past 30fps and 1080p, prove me wrong.

Attached: 1529826922477.png (300x250, 104K)

I've played MGR and the Bayonetta games. I really liked them. They were pretty solid. So I can't think of anything bad off the top of my head.

Attached: 1567181238043.jpg (360x235, 29K)

>get D in every fight

How do I get gud bros? What's the secret?

Attached: Koi-wa-Ameagri-02-33-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>1-2 generations behind
Gee user your right, I’ll just play my portable wii games that snoyfags want ported on my ps4...wait...vita...wait...$1000 phone...wait...

It's pretty good so far (~7 hours in). Takes forever to get to the proper game since the first two chapters are introductory like most Platinum games, and you're not running around from fight to fight like Bayo or Vanquish.

Be warned that this is easily the weirdest Plat title to date. Combat is only a small portion of what you do, and its very different from the kind in their standard 3D action games. It's all about positioning and controlling what are basically two different characters at the same time.

youtu.be/zVYQlBvauiM

I don't know myself. I get S+ in some fights, and straight Ds in others, would be helpful if the game told me what I did wrong.

>Be warned that this is easily the weirdest Plat title to date.
nah, that'd be W101. this comes close though, considering it's blending that with their more traditional style

Disagree. TW101 is just taking the same Bayo/DMC structure and turning it on its head. AC has an even stranger combat style in addition to all the case solving and trash cleaning.

There's really nothing quite like this. It's like they wanted to make a Deus Ex game.

It's sad. I'm really enjoying the game, just got into Chapter (File) 7. The threads were full of shitposting before launch but I was hoping there'd be discussion now that's it out, but no one is actually talking about the game. Both threads up abou it are just shitposting OPs. It's like no one bought it and it's just a bunch of shitposters talking about it. It probably bombed. I'm sad.

I wonder if autistic snoys realize review bombing is only promoting this game even more?
Who knew Nintendo's latest IP would cause so much ass devastation on console warriors?

As someone whi also liked those games, I'd say that Astral Chain is a bit different from what you might expect. The combat is a little slower and more focused on positioning and trapping enemies. Your MC only has three weapons (as far as I know, only on Case 5 right now) but that is made up with the Legions you get who have their own movesets and skills. Your Legions are basically part of your arsenal.

As for the level design, it's more hub based with you doing investigations and generally looking for clues. You can aslo talk to and help civilians for side quests and items. The side quests are surprisingly varied and kinda remind me of the ones in Yakuza. I really enjoy it so far and you might, too. It only really gets going in Case 3, though and the game kinda drags in the first couple of hours. When it clicks, it really clicks.

As someone who loves Wonderful 101, it's literally just Bayo/DMC with an overhead camera and you draw shapes to change weapons/attack styles. It's definitely unique and awesome, but it's still the same style of gameplay -- juggling enemies and comboing them to death. Astral Chain is very different. If you go in wanting it to be Bayonetta, you're going to not like it. Your main character is weak as fuck and you need to abuse your legion to do the most in a fight.
Your dodge is especially fucking awful, and one of the things I wish they did steal from Bayo/W101. Your dodge is just so bad it makes you want to play more cautiously.

>game is exclusive to Nintendo platform
>endless shitposting ensues
I don't get it. Is it entitlement? Are you guys that used to gettinf everything that you cry bitch tears when it isn't on your console of choice? I never saw this much crying over Automata being PS4/PC exclusive. It's weird because you guys always say you have the most games, but you act like you're starving and every meal will be your last, and that you'll die if you don't get the next one. Shouldn't you be like, I don't know, distracted by all the vidya? I assume it's there to be played.

Is there any reason for me to hold ZL, or even press R? I've done it in battle and there appears to be no benefit. I was hoping it would do something like allow me to launch enemies in the air oe whatever. I'm only an hour in so far

OH JESUS CHRIST NOOOOO! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!

WHERE IS THE SWITCH EMULATOR?! SOMEBODY PLEASE GET THE SWITCH EMULATOR WORKING! I NEED TO PLAY ALL THESE AMAZING SWITCH GAMES!

OH LORDY SWEET JESUS HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Attached: 1563433287352.gif (300x136, 110K)

I'm in the same boat. There are moments where I almost flawlessly defeat enemies in a very good time and get a C and others where I get fucked up relentlessly, to the point where I even have to revive once and get an S+. It's very weird.

>webm shows a cutscene and a "press a to awesome" qte
e

As mentioned above, the game takes forever to really get going. You don't get all your abilities until File 03; ZL and R will probably end up being the most important buttons in the game.

Scoring system is much less clear than their other stuff. Still have no idea what they're grading for combat.

>Who knew Nintendo's latest IP would cause so much ass devastation on console warriors?

It's made worse by the fact that PS4 is dead and snoyfags have had nothing to play all year.

Things will only get worse over the coming weeks and months leading up to Christmas. Prepare yourself for a Snoy meltdown on a level not seen since BotW.

Attached: Man.png (1080x1080, 146K)

That's the Platinum Games Exclusive cycle desu

Nintendiees brag about it but don't buy it cuz it's not Metroid or Mario or Zelda

Sonoggas cry cry cry about it because it's a game that exists that will never be on their platform

Ultimately threads become just shit-flinging over the fact that the game exists

>he thinks anybody cares when they have actually good games
LOL

Yeah, Platinum makes breathtaking graphics on stronger platforms like PC, right?

Attached: dlc costume.jpg (1920x1080, 729K)

the fact that 99% of all astral chain threads are spent talking about "snoy" and "snoyfags" instead of gameplay really says it all about this "game" (movie).

Hey, I bought it yesterday. I've already started playing it. Truth be told I started out with low expectations, and am pleasantly surprised so far.

You'll probably like this a lot then, it branches a bit more into action RPG than MGR/Bayo with more exploration between combat and the various skills and stuff you can equip, but it's especially a fusion of those three I listed.

Combat can get weird, and like how in Rising you don't have blade mode at the start, it locks off most of your fundamental moveset until you get to the third stage which can make the second stage feel rough and awkward. After that, you get so many more options for attacking, mobility, and general customization that it's way more fun.

Combat ends up very weird, where even though you still have things like Bayonetta's dodge-offset for combos, are rewarded for last-second dodges, and have blade mode and zandatsu from MGR, you have a lot of weird stuff with also controlling the monster chained to you.

Bonus points in setting/aesthetics if you like Kamen Rider or Patlabor.

>tries to deflect
>ITS OKAY IF I DO IT!!!!
LOL, COPE harder

graphics isn't the games issue, it is the shit police work gameplay loop of do mundane batman detective vision shit every god damn chapter

I agree. I thought a game like this would be right up Yea Forumss alley, seeing that MGR and Bayonetta are so popular here. I even see some Anarchy Regins (an older, multiplayer focused game by Platinum) threads here sometimes. But it seems like this game was just caught in the retarded console war shitposting. It's a shame, really.

Okay Doug, time to take your meds.

Just buy all consoles. Stop being a poor faggot.

>sonyfags COPE so hard hat mentioning their SEETHING is forbidden

I own the console but for some reason I'm not allowed to lower graphical settings for the sake of things that matter like gameplay.

I'm at file 03 and the combat in this game fucking sucks. There's a reason why most of the threads around this game are falseflag port begging and nobody discussing the game itself.

If it weren't for Nintendo, this would have been a fantasy game with magic.

>be in the middle of dodge animation
>get hit regardless
what the fuck is this garbage game, don't the developers understan the meaning of the term "dodge"?

Where can i get cat food in game

>juggling enemies
Juggling enemies in Astral Chain? The MC doesn't really have a launcher and the one that the Legions got seem to be activated at random, so I don't see it as a big focus in the game.
To be fair, I think that isn't really Platinum's fault. I remember hearing that they were mostly responsible for the combat and mechanics and not the presentation and stuff. I could be wrong, though. Transformers Devastation was a budget title and looked WAY better in terms of style. How big was Nier Tomato's budget?

This is reminding me of nier automata. Not liking how simple it is so far. I'm hoping it'll evolve and that this is just a way of easing me in. Only on the second file so far though

In fairness, I see no jaggies here while AC is full of them.
I just want AA to be normal on consoles. I thought we would have gotten to this point already but we haven't.

My fucking face watching you sperg out over Nintendo. Like you do every hour of every day all year long.

Bwahahahahaahahahahahha!

Attached: 1537822977849.gif (245x168, 795K)

It defenitely starts picking, up at the beginning of file 3.

You get more weapons and more legions, as well or sync attacks and chain jumps

Did you finish that chapter already? There's a reason why people say that it drags in the beginning. I also had the same thought at that time.
Also applies here.

I have a real big issue of them locking areas/chests/content behind story upgrades that force you to replay older chapters consisting of stupid shit like help hobbling crippled npcs walk 10 meters or interviewing people for clues or waiting for fucking traffic to stop so you can cross a crosswalk because you're a cop who can't jaywalk because the law or some shit.

My main problem with the game isn't its art style or 30fps or any of that shit

It just looks really fuckinh shallow. Nier Automata's combat was shallow, but it also wasn't really the focus of the game. That game was built around its unique story and presentation.

Astral Chain looks like Automata's combat with all the interesting story and artistic elements stripped away

Attached: OnwlRE6Q_400x400.jpg (400x400, 35K)

Though even with the new dodge, you don't have i-frames for the whole animation. You have to constantly change position based on what the enemy's doing.

Even Platinum fanboys like myself are skipping this one

Wake me up for Bayo 3

seriously though why is this game that's made people snap?

Attached: Nani.jpg (1200x675, 65K)

I don't know, so far I like the characters, being a copper peotecting the people, artstyle, music. Only thing I don't like is the enemy design. Seems too basic.

Platimun almost die because no one give a fuck for their games in the ps360 gen, bayonetta, vanquish, anarchy reing, korra, TMNT, transformers. No one sell well.

They were begging for money to make bayonetta 2 and all the publishers say them to fuck off, only nintendo invest some money in that company tio get bayoneta and wonderful 101.

Then bayonetta get reconizion of garbage bin buyers and now "all" love platinum games.

Nintendo Switch Exclusive.

Simple as that. Snoybois gonna Snoy.

It just looks very low quality for a platinum title

Snoyfags got literally nothing, after e3 Sony canceled the next announcement event as well.
So seeing the third highly rated, great switch exclusive in three months fucking wrecks them

When do you get new dodge? I am halfway through the game by this point, and I gave up trying to even dodge, because it simply doesn't work 50% if the time and feels unreliable as fuck.
Makes the combat feel really awful, especially when compared to Platinum's better games.

It's literally all Nierfags seething that Platinum made a console-exclusive game.

easy : Because its a Switch exclusive

>Platinum fanboys
I'm a pretty big Platinum fan and this game is already better than MGR, Madworld, Anarchy Reigns, and every licensed title they've made.

Fucking kek.

Attached: EDNwjHbUYAA4gN_.jpg (1920x1080, 476K)

I was more saying that those elements aren't and shouldn't be the focus, but regardless I find the game gaudy and ugly

At this rate it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo bought Platinum.

how likely are we to get a Switch Pro guys ?
a home console only Switch with a real controller.
like a real home console with no gimmicks lol.

>the camera really fucked with me in Chapter 5 by trying to focus on enemies that were off screen while I was trying to attack stuff already on my screen
>get so used to moving the Legion with the right stick and using it for the camera control that it fucks with my ability to stay locked on to a single target and therefore have a habit of switching
>the dodge works for a very specific window and I keep spamming it thinking it'll grant me full i-frames
My only issues with the game so far.

here. I've unlocked most of that shit and it doesn't add much at all. With sync attacks all your doing is hitting L2 when the blue glow prompt comes up at the end of a combo or when you get knocked over for some extra damage. Chain jumps are mainly for those awful platforming sections. There doesn't seems to be little reason to use them in combat. Just one attack that does little damage and you can't combo off it or anything. The new dodge made the game a bit smoother but it still feels pretty bad. Like it has some kind of input lag or something (though that could just be from the framerate).

What is an astral chain and why do you enslave a robutt-thing with it

>Even Platinum fanboys like myself
thefalseflagking.jpg

Anyone ever play Armed Police Batrider?

How do you get S+ on this fight? Is only way to never get hit for the no damage taken bonus?

Attached: 1565174028655.webm (1280x720, 2.54M)

Nintendo didn't deny the idea of a Switch Pro being in the works. Seems like they just want Lite out for the holiday season and I see them talking about one sometime before or during E3 next year.

The dodge that you automatically get after waking up from your coma. That can apparently be upgraded even further.

Again, the combat isn't to be about testing reflexes or pulling off combos. Knowing when to rush enemies vs. keeping your distance, and trying to manage both you and your legion at the same time are much more important.

I'm only 6 hours in and can say that it doesn't play like Automata at all.
I also prefer AC's presentation. Automata only really had great music, the graphics and character models are pretty ugly. The Amusement Park is the only standout location in that game.

reminder male is canon

Attached: 1537172095860.jpg (1273x1000, 155K)

Male is definitely canon. He's the silent protagonist

A plat title getting all 9's from the retards who review games is a huge neon red flag.

Good action games get called too hard and get 7-8s at best. You're just confirming the impressions I got from previews/guides/streams: that it's simple and easy and basic as fuck, and more concerned with what look to be almost xenoverse-like abilities than reflexes and combat utility.

I expect more from a plat game.

>game has shitty camera
>yet feels the need to put in all sorts of shitty map hazards that damage and stun on contact everywhere
>end up dodging into them midfight constantly because unable to see them when camera is focussed on enemy
>D
fuck it, i'm switching to easy, this is near unplayable and no fun at all.

Attached: 1528874770343.jpg (559x719, 74K)

You know if you have a strong enough PC you'll be able to play this in like a year and a half. If your PC can't run Yuzu you don't actually care about power and you shouldn't be complaining.

user, the character that you pick is always silent.

cope

Dude, the artstyle is specifically Masakazu Katsura's Zetman but with cops. One of the options for the male cop is literaly Jin from Zetman.

Out of touch. If you are too old, you'd remember that except for specific games on the SNES, most games on the 4rth gen were on 60FPS and all the arcade games were 60FPS. Same thing with almost every japanese gameboy game post colour and advance. It took a dive during the 64 and PSX era because the 3D technology was new and raw back then but the whole
>MUH 30 FPS are ackshully like 60 FPS
started with Jewbox 360 and Microjew wanting to flood the console space and fuck everything up.

What the fuck did you just call me?

It's funny how your sibling becomes more developed than the main character. So if you pick the female (like most cucked western men) the brother becomes more of a character than your silent MC.

I shall, by making this the first platinum game I skip.

Found the salt monster who spent $600 on a PS3

>A plat title getting all 9's from the retards who review games is a huge neon red flag.
>Good action games get called too hard and get 7-8s at best.

If a game gets great reviews its bad. If it gets worse reviews its better - THAT'S what you're saying?

Holy fuck this board is a cavalcade of mentally ill hee-larity.

Attached: 1565663727039.jpg (580x580, 62K)

I'm at file 3 and I just got a new dodge animation compared to before.

Does that mean that Ninja Gaiden Black, Bayonetta 1 and 2, DMC3 and DMC5 are shit too, then? They're all hovering around the 90 mark on Metacritic. What you said only really applies to games like God Hand and Wonderful 101.

Whoever's art style it is, it's horrendously ugly. The clashing colors and neon backgrounds threaten to give me a siezure

Is this the 3 day coma after losing your captain/papa or a coma after that?

what, really? I was wondering if that would be the case. Are the personalities essentially the same?

>conventional
>tiny disks

>b-but Sony
This shows how insecure Nincels are over PS4 winning.

I don't know about that. You can always check out videos of people playing the opposite character to find out.

>literally isn't trying to argue that the combat has depth
Womp womp

my harem is attacking me

Attached: 1564838109104.jpg (1280x720, 233K)

3 day coma. Right after you first go into the astral plane and fight all the legions at once.

I never got what makes Platinum Games so popular when they did a few fuck ups there and here and some of what people consider good isn't even THAT good

Vanquish is just okay, not bad by any means but also not a game to lose their minds for

Bayonetta is a good series, Astral Chain is good and so is NiER Automata, but Transformers Devastation was okay and TNMT and The Legend of Korra were very mediocre

Star Fox Zero was horrible in all senses

I know I left some good to decent games out, but I feel like people overhype this studio for some reason, specially Kamiya, still im wondering how that Babylon's Fall game will turn out

>metacritic
lol u wot m8
>platinum games getting higher than an 84 ever
lol u tk him 2 da| bar

No that was PS3.
t. PS3 owner that gen. Everything on that console was 30 fps, and the whole "it looks cinematic" excuse came from PS3 owners.

>snoyfags so retarded he still tries to deny something sonyfags literally admitted
LOL

I didn't do that because 'm not that far into the game yet. But I can at least say that's deeper than Automata and Anarchy Reigns.

>87
>higly rated
Lmao, even Horizon got better scores.

Way to expose yourself sonyboi? Why are you here? In a thread about a game you'll never play on a system you don't own? You're not 'seething' are you? Don't you have your own games to play?

Attached: 1562619316007.jpg (1080x1440, 277K)

Astral Chain literally has a Journalist difficulty level option

Well Star Fox Zero wasn't really designed by them. I mean they handled the art style and all that ( I have no fucking clue why they had them do it) but Nintendo essentially developed the gameplay.

They admitted that you are retarded? Why are you in every thread constantly crying about Sony?

>specially Kamiya
He directed RE2, DMC, Viewtiful Joe, and Okami. He's earned his reputation even if it wasn't mainly with Platinum.

Then go and shove that up your ass faggot.

>If a game gets great reviews that is a huge neon red flag.

Attached: 1563448946236.gif (400x225, 2.64M)

I guess Zero isn't really Platinum's fault, but they still made a few mediocre games that people still hyped just because Platinum did it, I think they're a good studio but they're far from perfect

>sonyfags on metacritic have literal names like ps3fan
>Snoyfags on Yea Forums celebrate them like heroes for showing the nintendies
LOL, denying it is just retarded, cuck

>he actually confessed that he's Nincel
Why are you crying over Sony instead playing your bing bing wahoo games? You have inferiority complex or something?

>capped at 30
>steady drops to 15
Every console game, every time

>specially Kamiya
Maybe that might be because he never directed a bad game before and is responsible for Bayonetta, RE2, Viewtiful Joe and fucking Devil May Cry?

Why are you trying to deflect and not answer the question?

>licensed games
These were only made just too stop them from going under. They're not great, but only TMNT is outright bad.

>NiER
Don't know why people credit this to Platinum. It's way more of a Yoko Taro game.

>Vanquish
Literally the best TPS ever.

>leaves off TW101

The only really overrated game they've made is MGR. They're still one of the best studios making games today.

I know Kamiya did a lot of good games and he deserves to be praised, but I feel part of why he is so popular here is because his behavior on social media rather than what he did in the past

I hope the best for Kamiya because he's very talented, it doesn't mean Platinum Games doesn't fuck up from time to time

>butthurt nintentranny confirmed

>actually admitted that he goes to every thread crying about sony
I bet you are virgin in real life too.

>game had to be designed around 30fps according to platinum
Imagine if they could have used 60. It would have probably been an entirely different game since they could have pushed the boundaries more. Although in the end it's irrelevant because Nintendo is the only one willing to give them money for the most part.

The combat in this game is so bad, holy shit.
I can't get used to the controls at all, because each button seems to be mapped to 20 different things. Having to fight against the controls while also having to play as 2 characters at the same type makes this game plain unfun.
What were they thinking?

Attached: 1510145014029.jpg (712x712, 42K)

Graphics=/= artstyle
If you're complaining about how everything looks barren then you didn't play the game. It's set in the year 11000 something, after countless wars and humanity's extinction
You are also mad that Nier didn't come out for the Switch.
inb4 I'm mad over Astral Chain, I'm playing it

you just proved his point, Nincel.

>Astral Chain is deeper than Anarchy Reigns
Not even remotely

Do Nintendo fans never play any games not on the Switch? This is just fucking embarrassing

You proved my point, snoyfag.

9s and 10s are paid reviews, 7s and 8s are bonus, 5s and 6s are blunders. This board is beyond mentally ill. It's a fucking sanitarium.

i see you haven't played Astral Chain

No I agree with you there. Personally I'm not a fan of nier automata, its combat leaves a lot to be desired. And yeah I heard Transformers sucked. I think most of their games are good but they've had some stinkers in the past

dropped this trash after not even 3 hours of play, bayo 3 when?

Most, if not every character in Anarchy Reigns had the exact same combo strings. Sure, they all had different attributes and usages but I didn't find the combat itself that deep or thoughtful, even though I still really enjoyed the game. To be fair, I only played through the campaign multiple times, since the multiplayer was already dead by that point. Does the game open up when playing against other people? I'm genuinely curious.

>Didn't even finish the tutorial
Nigga what

what point?

>yfw some files are longer than most Platinum games.

Attached: 1537865758787.jpg (500x500, 43K)

>no juggling
>no offset
>Stand attacks by itself
>Transformers: Deception's worst gimmick, context combo enders
It's shit

Just didn't like the gameplay style, give me a normal, fun fighting system not this gimmicky bloated trash.

I really hate the controls for the slash thing. I always get mind flooded when trying to use it in combat. Keep forgetting you have to hold the stick to rotate.

>I'm bad at the game so the game is bad!
Oh boy, we're back with this gain! This really is the Switch's Wonderful 101.

Nintendo helped revive clover by giving them a chance with madworld. There wouldnt even be a platinum without kiddie baby games nintendo and their little wii.

>no juggling
Yes there is
>no offset
Yes there is

Nier's combat may have had more basic face button combo strings, but this is taking me longer to feel like I've mastered it. There's a bunch of important stuff you simply can't do or will do wrong if you're just pushing all the buttons as fast as possible. With Automata you had the whole game figured out once you learned how to dodge and how to aim your pod.

>>no offset
Stopped reading there. Try playing the game first, faggot.

>bloated
This is one of the leanest combat systems in recent memory, honestly. It's completely free of Itsunoshit like superfluous combos and air combat and focuses more on fundamentals.

Yeah, imagine if the other consoles had good games.

Besides the juggles and unique KW combos (my favorite being Big Bull's KW cancel loops), actual vs play has oki (flip up vs roll up vs delayed), team attacks, abilities like lean extender, etc.

Just like Bloodborne, right?

Not that user, but what do we mean by offset for this game?

I wish the game would get a remaster, port or even a sequel to see all the stuff you mentioned in action. Do you have any videos that showcase 'em?

Imagine not owning a Switch in 2019.

Attached: game-on-37-photos-10.jpg (676x901, 66K)

>that except for specific games on the SNES, most games on the 4rth gen were on 60FPS

So wrong it's hilarious

Dodge offset means the ability to continue an attack combo after dodging by holding the attack button and releasing it after the dodge, which you can definitely do.

I found the cat in the first level and beat it but its not showing up in the safeplace? I even got the order for it

How do you even interact with cats? I found the one in the third level but I couldn't do anything once I killed its owner.

Unf

Attached: 453453435453453.jpg (712x720, 117K)

Those jaggies

I know what it means, I just wondered if it had a unique process. Not sure if it's occurred to me to hold attack while dodging yet.

Bloodborne looks good though, not like games on Shitch.

Why do we boil shit down to "muh grafix" or "muh framerate" or "why does (console) have (game)?"
Console wars are the absolute worst thing to ever happen to gaming. Ever.
Who gives a shit about games if all we ever do is complain about how it looks or what platform its on.

Replace the Switch with a Vita and that would be the perfect place to chill.

Just report it. Angry Sonyfags have been having a meltdown over this game for days.

NEVER EVER, SNOYIM!

Attached: 1564035164672.webm (720x480, 1.51M)

All this autism just because it's a console exclusive. NEVER EVER.

>Platnium almost died from constant Nintendo failures.
No I think that was Scalebound (Microsoft) that almost did them in.
>Nier on PS4 saved the company
Yes but that was no thanks to Sony.

>posting old pre patch version
You are really desperate user.

>shit graphics and framerate is basically ok, when it's Nintendo
Based Nincels

>sonyfag lies again

Nincels lies again.

>Switch owners portbeg
"Ahhhhh fuck you switchfags stfu and play your bing bing wahoo"
>PS4 owners portbeg
"But the grafix are shit tho!!!!!!"

Really makes you think huh

Why are 90% of gamers braindead?
>imagine if it wasn't on x console
it probably wouldn't exist without the exclusivity funds/the backing of sony,nin,m$ you apes.

>pro
LOL

>b-but muh grafix and muh framerate make up for lack of gameplay and playing cops hurts my snowflake sensibilities

So is there a tailet in every level or only certain ones?

This really doesnt work though. If a sony funded game from the current generation didnt exist a company like capcom or konami would have slightly adjusted their release schedule to fill the hole with a similarly structured game. If uncharted didnt exist we would have a couple of extra tomb raider titles, etc.

>goalposts moved
Lmao

That's a nice way of saying it lacks depth, the one thing a platinum game needs

Not it isn't. Depth != number of combos or juggling.

>it runs fine!
>Just get another 400 dollar console for 1080p@30!
LOL

>Platinum puts out a genuine stinker
>Switchfags rush to defend its mediocrity
Sounds about right

>This sidequest in chapter 8 where you have to balance the boxes
What the fuck this is the hardest thing in the game.

Please reread my post. I said it's NOT about juggling enemies and comboing them.

>platinum makes a masterpiece
>snoyfags CIPE hard
Sounds right.

not even interested in jap shit, but the amount of snoy [C O P I N G] this game is causing, is just too....hmmmm, delicious

Attached: Not+posting+the+original+simpsons+just+right+meme+010+_9bd965e07ff7fa262a91c6621e410f95.jpg (236x179, 9K)

>show he was wrong
>but that's on Pro no, don't count!
Literal retard

You literally just said it's simple, lean, "back to fundamentals"

>b-but Sony
like a clockwork. Why Nintentrannies are this obsessed?

>said ps4
>Can only COPE by moving the goalposts to a 4k console at 1080p
LOL

>snoyfag COPES when called out
Everybody can see your spics on metacritic, retard

>said PS4
No, I never said that you idiot, and PS4 Pro is type of PS4. You got btfo Nincel.

>still responding to the console warrior

Did you try zooming out by holding R3 and hitting down on the dpad?

>Nincel stil obsessed about Sony
>deflect answering question
Nintentanny still seething lmao. Cope.

>pretending the 400 dollar pro is the update you COPED about
Stop moving the goalposts

>10 hours long
>$60
For that price was expecting a 50 hour game like Automata.

>fight goes well, plenty of style
>C rank

Attached: 1561917857586.jpg (720x400, 47K)

video shows ps4 and ps4 pro after patch. Stop seething over Bloodborne Nincel, you are too underage and autistic for this game.

I said it was lean, as in their isn't a bunch of extraneous shit like combos and abilities that only exist for style points.

Depth comes from how many decisions a player has to make that matter. The game forces you to make those in regards to your positioning (can't get too close or you'll get bodied; can't stay back or you won't do damage) and input (difficulty of controlling two characters at the same time), i.e. fundamentals.

What video, seems like you either deleted it or a ban evading right now?

>Be Nintendo in 2019
>Release several top selling, critically acclaimed games
>competition literally has nothing to show
>they even pull out from several gaming convention
>their fans can do nothing but COPE and whine online

Attached: dab.jpg (400x225, 37K)

COPE

Then why the fuck did you delete the post with the video then?

60fps has always been a thing. People shat a collective dick with F-Zero X dropped (the only 60fps game on the N64 console).

>still shows massive frame drops on ps4
LOL, good showing

>Be Nintendo in 2019
>Release several top selling, critically acclaimed games
what games?

>he even admits he's ban evading

>massive frame drops
Nincel literally making things up after getting btfo. Lmao.

>snoyfag still lies after ban evading
Can sonyfags fall any lower?

>Astral Cope

what lies> I showed you video, where the fuck do you see drops to 20fps like in webm you posted? Neck yourself nintentranny and don't reproduce.

Snoyfags have almost reached 400 SEETHING bot accounts on metacritic.

The COPE is strong

>snoy
Nincels are obsessed with sony, they have this inferiority complex, lmao.

>SEETHING this hard at being called out

>don't have argument anymore
>hurr seething with capslock
I just can't stop laughing at you, Nincel

We can see your accounts on metacritic, ps3fan2.
Stop COPING about being called out

user this game's normal mode can easily be mashed through, you're full of shit

>he can't even make a rational reply, only COPE
that was a real account name, retard.
Giving all Sony exclusives a 10 and this game a 0.

Why are you COPING so hard with being called out?

PT standard gives you too much medicine, and you still have to play for rank like every Platinum game, but it cannot be mashed through.

>Mass deleting replies
Either he got banned, or the snoy is having a brain hemmorage right now.

It's hilarious to see the guy crying how people are obsessed with Sony and the guy desperately defending a Sony game were the same person

It’s not about style, you want variety to really rack up the points

As in legion switching or variety of moves with one legion?

>breathtaking graphics

You mean like every generation has "breathtaking" graphics until the new ones come out that blow it away and make you realize it was shit all along? Good job demonstrating that you haven't lived through more than one generation of consoles at a two-digit age.

Attached: unreal-graphics.jpg (735x960, 149K)

Yea Forums, why don't you just play Skyrim instead?

Attached: Astral_Chain_Protagonist_and_Akira_Howard_Fullbody2.png (994x1074, 718K)

is this the stealth port begging thread?

How is it stealth?

Who is the very last enemy in the subject logs? the final boss is second to last

>tfw named my MC Todd
>tfw his canonical last name is Howard

You're getting too old.

Japanese games have trannies, but they look like women, western games have women that look like trannies.

It's a false division!

The trichotomy of caveats.

>Nintendo IP
>portbegging
If so good luck.

What have you done user?

I'd probably have a switch already if all the controllers weren't dogshit.

>Gimped
It was designed to run on the switch. Gimping something implies that it's been downgraded as a port. This isnt a port, its an exclusive. Therefore, not gimped.

The Pro Controller is great though.

My left joycon occasionally drifts left, and it's driving me nuts.
>trying to fight or just run around
>drift kicks in when I stop to assess the situation or scan something
>run face first into a fire or some other hazard and take hundreds of damage, then get the shit kicked out of me

Also my right joycon drops connection like once a day for some reason.

How do I stop getting hit? Even when I perfect dodge the enemies follow up attack immedietly hits me and I get ganked by 5 enemies

Stop eating cheetos while playing.

Let your legion do a lot of the fighting while you stay back with the pistol; only go in when you aren't surrounded. Tying up enemies with the chain will let you take out medium sized chimeras quickly if both you and your legion back attack it, but you can also just leave them there to give you more breathing room.

Chain jumping is good for getting yourself out of being surrounded.

That'll help but it's really anything that adds points in the result screen.
Backstab, headshot, perfect calls, group binding, sync-attacks, etc.
There are no penalties like Bayo and DMC, you just don't get as big a point reward and those can be made up for.

Why does this QT have so little art?

Attached: 76530550_p0.jpg (1332x827, 703K)

Game just came out, give it time for it to cultivate a dedicated fanbase.