RISK OF RAIN 2

oh boy what's this?

Attached: Capture.png (607x157, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791463428312/announcements/detail/2536008342705603109
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>We’re very proud of the next update - including Skills 2.0 - that we will show off as soon as all the madness from console launch settles down. Our September update ended up a lot larger than we previously anticipated, and we hope you will enjoy playing it as much as we enjoyed making it.
this update will decide the fate of this game, they better fucking keep their word

Attached: risk_of_rain_2___the_huntress_by_rovingneophyte_dd51tpm-pre.png (719x1111, 1.46M)

>that first pic
fucking PLEASE tell me they made engi's mines more useful, he's such a boring character now

Is it his time? Finally?

Attached: Bandit.gif (275x278, 16K)

>tfw they binned bandit

It's worth the 30 euros/dollars on ps4 with the current amount of content? Got the first one and loved it

Attached: 1567074280706.png (753x706, 785K)

>all these console ports
I want a video comparison of how long it takes to crash each console on monsoon difficulty

The real stress test

get it on pc if you can. It's probably still worth it on other platforms tho

pc, console will shit itself on long runs and is behind on updates

I really hope they are still sticky on allies, placing 10 mines into a suicidal Mercenary or Robot is still a sight to behold

hopoo please...

Attached: Bandit.png (749x750, 97K)

Are all these icons skills or items?
The grenade looking might be an item but the background seems extremely related to a skill

He's boring not because of mines though but because of turrets. Those are just too OP and braindead, instead of playing the game you just pick a fungi, deploy turrets and sprint around while your invincible turrets kill shit.

pretty sure they're all skills, I think the grenade is orange because of commando

this game must be so shit on console. with the right amount of hooves this game is multiple times faster than quake3 how are you gonna aim and maneuver around on a shitty controller?

turrets should have a self destruct if they stay too long, like a temporary boost instead of the main damage dealer

I'm playing on controller just fine on PC.

skills

GIVE ENGIE ROCKETS RREEEEEE I WANT MY ROCKETS NOT SOME DUMB BOUNCY BALLS

God i fucking want bandit in so badly

Attached: 1567208020958.jpg (500x319, 22K)

they don't even have to be deployable, just flying drones that copy your items for a certain duration

then again the game does need to differentiate the characters so not everything is just "hold m1 and trigger sticky bombs while spamming skills"

The targets you fight in this game are huge and your weapon have a huge hurt box.
If they feel the need turn faster, just add a stick sensibility.
I looped twice using the Huntress but that's cheating anyway

also change his shield with something that gives mobility, I HATE slow characters. everything about engi is just fucking boring

I think that's the point of his shield, too bad that it turns kinda ineffective by late stage too, as more and more enemis will just spawn so close to you they just tank and slap your ass.
And we aren't talking against the Stone Titan boss.

they look like alternate m2 skills
engineer, commando, arti, and mul-t, i'd guess

The worst part about engi in my opinion is that once you get far enough unless you got really lucky with reds (aegis, rack, dio's) your turrets get instantly shat on by a ton of enemies to the point where they immediately die

Attached: 1566867247627.jpg (540x334, 44K)

engi gets shat on by malachites because of his foongus dependency, too

I wish to know how the fuck the Switch version will run at all. My PC can play EDF 5 with nary a frame drop, but fucking RoR2 makes me turn down things like corpses and VFX culling.

If only he had some way to protect turrets. Like energy shield or soemthing...

Game sucks, it's not fun anymore, gameplay is broken and doesn't leave much room for experimentation or styles of playing, there is only a few good items required to be able to get far, after you achieve god status and everything dies in one hit or they kill you in 2 hits (because the game has one hit kill protection but there is no i-frames after getting hit so it doesn't matter) item balance sucks, many of the characters have terrible synergy with them that they are just a waste of space.

Mercenary is the best character, but the recent update made him impossible to play thanks to malachite enemies.
Engineer is boring.
Commando is the worst and has the most unsatisfying moveset.
Artificer in her new update is okay but her strenght and usefulness quickly fades after a loop if you don't get good movement items quick.
Huntress is ok.
Rex is novel but has really bad synergy with a lot of items.

I don't have any hope for it since the Scorched Acres update.

Attached: ror2.png (318x118, 61K)

>that pic
heh

Attached: Capture.png (243x104, 29K)

ror1 > ror2

Attached: 1567051359712.png (553x827, 481K)

>but the recent update made him impossible to play thanks to malachite enemies.
Yeah it's pretty bad during late loops.
>Rex is novel but has really bad synergy with a lot of items.
He's probably the strongest at the moment.
>I don't have any hope for it since the Scorched Acres update.
Like an user said, skills 2.0 will make or break Risk of Rain 2. If it's what everyone hopes it is - customizable loadouts, general improvements of current characters (looking hard at Commando) - then Risk of Rain 2 will be GOTY. If it turns out to be an insubstantial feature, then the game will lose many, many players.

Attached: 427.png (303x125, 38K)

>Last played: Yesterday
I mean obviously, I stopped playing since july, if I kept it up I'd probably have accumulated similar hours to yours too, genius.

Attached: 1555285148813.png (478x382, 15K)

>People still begging for Bandit when you could just install BanditClassic

Have we even got a hint on what skills 2.0 is besides people's assumptions?

Here is all the specifics hopoo said about Skills 2.0 in a post a while back.
>== Skills 2.0 ==

>We have been very hard at work at "Skills 2.0" teased in our roadmap, and a lot of people have been wondering what that means for their favorite characters. While the system is still in progress, we know this!

>Our main design goals with Skills 2.0 are to:
>1. Give players a reason to play other characters they might not normally pick, or return to old characters
>2. Give players who REALLY love and are proficient at a certain character a way to earn some in-game rewards

>This is based on feedback that we've seen from the Community since launch. We will provide a full run-down on this as we get closer to September!

steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791463428312/announcements/detail/2536008342705603109

It's called skills 2.0 and they've just shown new skill icons. What else could it be aside from alternative skills?

I don't know if alternative skills is something I'm okay with, that usually just leads the way for OP loadouts and certain abilities are just considered useless and thrown to the garbage bin, I'd prefer they updated or improved the abilities the characters currently have.

>complete game > incomplete game
At last I truly see.

Considering the OP image, I'd wager it's if you live long enough, your abilities get upgraded. Engineer's mines get the ability to move, for example. I've got no idea what the others could be because if the Commando one is implying he can fire three phaser rounds in rapid succession, he can already do that with syringes and backup mags. Artificer's energy ball has hopoo feathers wrapping around it for some reason, and MUL-T already has a grenade.

If it's just choosing between one or the other, it's probably going to be like styles from Monster Hunter GU where some choice combinations were complete bricks or just outclassed by another to some extent. So hopefully these skills are a bit more than that.

If it's something like as you level up your abilities get better then I'm all for it.

NO ACRID
NO BUY

as long as they dont make any more retarded original characters the game will be good

Attached: 1567057997838.png (1000x1000, 515K)

REX was a mistake. I get they wanted something different, but he just felt off and not very fun

Rex is the best character now tho

merc is by far the best, his R and shift are game breaking. stupid high damage and almost constant i-frames

he just feels too fucking slow

I'm enjoying this on switch

Attached: 1564002481098.jpg (1978x2762, 481K)

imagine being this idiot