Why have you not hacked the Switch yet?

Why have you not hacked the Switch yet?

Attached: hacktheplanet.png (951x570, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
pastebin.com/cByAgZe8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because I'm not poor and can easily afford to pay for my entertainment.

too much conflicting info on it and I don't want to get banned, I'll stick with my hacked wii u for now

Attached: 1556366555111.jpg (575x651, 63K)

i have, just hacked a friend's too. haven't felt like playing anything on it in weeks though. i'll download astral chain soon.

There's a guide in the /vg/ thread's OP you can't fuck up. Contrary to popular belief you don't even need a jig or a paperclip, just a tiny piece of tinfoil and a half working brain.

can you play online on official servers yet?
whenever I've tried to find this out I get very mixed results

Using pirated games? No. There's no mixed opinion about this.

You can however make a copy of the internal memory of your Switch (colloquially called emuNAND) where you can run custom firmware and install all your pirated games and play them to your heart's content while making sure you don't go online, at least without blocking communications with Nintendo. Then when you want to play your legit games online, you simply boot to the official firmware.

that's what I thought, seen some people suggest in other threads that you can play online but I guess that's either false info or referring to homebrew-only servers or something. Not having online kind of kills it for me, since most of the games I play have online anyway

I wish I could but I'm a little bitch too scared of bricking it

This is such a fucking stupid way of thinking. I have a bridge to sell you.
Give me your paypal.

Because I'm a poorfag and can't afford one

Attached: 1567269504636.jpg (555x407, 64K)

Because I don't know how to..

You can play online but it's like playing wireless multiplayer in games. There's no actual server online play, you have to find people to play with.

If you remember XLink Kai it's basically that.

Because my computer doesn't have an SD card input

that doesn't really appeal to me. I'll wait until a point where I'm no longer playing online games until I hack it I think

Here is a foolproof guide on how to brew your Switch, used it myself and helped making it. As usual, don't do it unless you are aware of the risks.
nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

I'll wait until the hacking scene reaches the maturity like that of the 3DS.

Attached: 1556168100310.png (760x686, 646K)

cmon bruh switch just came out nintendo needs the money thats not a good look

Because the system is currently getting support. After it's lifecycle ends and I don't care about possible online play and no longer have easy access to games I'll pirate what I missed it's what I did with the d's and the psp

I have, played a lot of game for 6 months, then I decided to reinstall my old nand because I don't trust incognito/emunand to play Splatoon online.

I'll hack it back in a few years when Splatoon 2 is deserted.

I wouldn't even recommend going to /hbg/, it's like going inside the mind of a schizo. Everyone is beyond obsessed with trannies and discord. You get meme replies and nobody is willing to help you just because "they've seen the same problem thousands of times".

>foolproof guide
Good luck with that, I'm on a whole other level of braindead retard, I'll end up setting my Switch on fire or something

Attached: 1560465491386.png (548x666, 361K)

cranged hard

well said

You basically create a short circuit, send the payload when the console is on rcm mode and that's all, how fucking simple does it needs to be it's just drag and drop minus the jig part?

I once pierced a hole in the motherboard of my 3DS with my soldering iron when trying to hard mod it.

because I still need to hack my Wii U.

I have a Mariko Switch. My launch model battery had degraded so badly my average playtime was 2 hours on 50% backlight with wifi off.

I'll hack my Mariko when a hack is out, but I had to sell my old one for this as I mostly play in Handheld.

don't hold your breath user, probably won't be for a while

I'm expecting 1-2 years.

Which is fine by me, I can wait.

I have a spare OnePlus 6T and DS4+clip for superior emulation and buying games I like doesn't bother me.

Uncensor patches and fan translations are the biggest selling points for hacking for me.

Use this, friend.

pastebin.com/cByAgZe8

>NUT USB

Attached: THE_NUT.jpg (965x952, 126K)

because im waiting for the switch lite to get a flash cart like the original ds scene used to have. thats the only way itll be worth it for me.

A flashcart would require a kernel level hack.

Those are the deepest level hacks and in this DRM age almost impossible to get without insider info or a HUGE MEGA MASSIVE FUCKUP.

Mine is hacked and I still don't want to play anything

but flashing the system seems like such a risk to me, not just from the bricking standpoint but also from your system getting flagged and unable to use legit online services normally ever again. what do?