Factorio

Attached: Dy5GR_QX0AEFJoJ.jpg (1920x1080, 803K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1nRyQVnJRoU?t=574
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want a game that is Factorio, but just the trains, none of the factory belt resource shit. No bugs either.

Is there a game for me that isn't Train Simulator and its $2,000 of DLC?

Ever tried OpenTTD?
It has a neat train system, you might like it

If i remember correctly my grandpa played some rts like railway games many many years ago, there sure are quite some of them fine to even play them today

dont know the name though

Attached: Untitled.png (2546x1312, 1.83M)

jesus christ that looks comfy

Train simulator
youtu.be/1nRyQVnJRoU?t=574

>Is there a game for me that isn't Train Simulator
>Train simulator
Outstanding work user.

kino

It's about as comy as you can get while being a wasteland full of aliens.

I posted the runtorio.webm in the other thread, so I'll post my longer version this time.
thanks.

Attached: train.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

When I say train simulator, I MEAN train simulator, user.

I noticed just now that the artsyle gives strong "Commandos" vibe

Don't let the thread die, anons.

Attached: factorio.png (822x464, 922K)

/egg/ is basically a factorio general now, i'd suggest you to go there
You can't discuss vidya on Yea Forums

My friends tried to get me to play this game and it very quickly reminded me that I am in IRL debt and should be an efficient capitalist IRL first.

Waiting for 0.17 stable.

Factorio is the rick and morty of videogames.

That pic looks amazing for some reason

are those mini robot things in yet
I told myself I'd take a break until they got into the game

no one likes you and you don't fit in

What mini robots?

This game gives me a warm feeling when I look at all my shit just working perfectly together.

Post spaghetti

Attached: 1432750438242.jpg (600x400, 36K)

I also ended up focussing on trains in Factorio, because the whole system of double sided belts and inserters just added a layer of needless frustration to everything. I actually enjoyed Satisfactory more for not having to resort to some massive sprawl of belts for simple merging/splitting.

Your shit ever works perfectly together?
The only thing I see when I look at my spaghettistein of a Factory is inefficiencies, bottlenecks and general awfulness.

I do my best though

My standards are lowered ‘cause I just picked this up again after a 3 year absence. I’ll quickly start feeling like shit after making a huge sprawl, only to realize that I could have moved X item over by 1 tile to increase efficiency across the board. By that point I’ll be too afraid to touch anything, though.

Attached: thepoweroftheatom.jpg (1792x1079, 965K)

How bad is the UPS

not that bad, never got below 50

I want to make large steam-based engines but then I remember I have no idea how the fuck the liquids work in this game and no matter how many offshore pumps/normal pumps/ back-up tanks I use I always get shortage of water in my engines no matter how hard I try to pump that shit in.
Good thing they have a brainlet ( solar ) option for people like me

try transport fever. lots of mods available

One off-shore pump can support like 40 steam engines, not sure what your problem is. Maybe don't mix the water pipes and have each set of 40 engines on a different pipe network so they don't interfere with eachother.

HOW DO I AUTOMATE MINING STATIONS
IM TIRED OF running from one corner to the other trying building resource nodes and stations to fee my growing base
yes, I use blueprints, no it doesn't make it fast enough

>Blueprints
>Personal roboport
>100 Construction robots
There, you can have your mining outposts built in 10 seconds

I use all of that and it still doesn't work because ore patches are different sizes, so there is always at least some adjustment

Go really far then, the further you go the bigger the ore patches get, find a 100 million ore patch for everything and you'll never run out

>Go really far then, the further you go the bigger the ore patches get, find a 100 million ore patch for everything and you'll never run out
But going real far, through tons and tons of bitters is so annoying, almost as annoying as having to scamper between the or patches.

If it annoys you that much make a world with extremely rich resources.

>Build track
>Park artillery train
>Wait for it to clean up the biters
>Proceed until you run into more biter nests
It's not that hard

That would fix it, unfortunately here is my issue. I like the early mid game resources as they are.
It's only after I launched my 50th rocket or so, does this issue start growing and growing, where feeding my base takes more time and hassle than solving some more complex setup I am trying to create.

ehhhh, I guess artillery trains are the only solution

OpenTTD

It's literally what inspired Factorio and the train system in Factorio is based on the trains in OpenTTD

OpenTTD and Transport Fever

1 pump for 20 boilers. Connect 2 steam engines to each boiler

What makes the trains so enjoyable in this game? I'm not even made when I get hit by one.

Transport fever

How do I make mmo factorio esque game but appeals to normies and autists

you don't
Imagine trying to optimize factorio scaled machinery into servers with more than 100+ players.
I doubt our hardware is ready for that

psych i have the programmer he says he can do it
but how to make appeal to the normies and the autistics

Attached: 1567059075611.png (521x454, 564K)

>psych i have the programmer he says he can do it
Factorio devs (and there are more than one programmer) optimise their shit for years. Your coder is likely to be wrong. Also Factorio concept is intrinstically normie-incompatible.

Jesus Christ what is even the purpose of this? I never needed more than 4 reactors on my largest factory

Is there a Mega of Factorio laying around?

Here, user.

Attached: reactors.png (1453x689, 1.14M)

I always end up losing interest when I have to expand and make mining outposts. I drop the game for a bit and by the time I come back I have to start from scratch again. I should probably invest more time into learning how to use robots more.

> coder is likely to be wrong. Also
nop, he is probably best czech in this realm of programming. Like brother, he would not lie.
>concept is intrinstically normie-incompatible.
no this is what I have to figure. I have thought to put tranny concepts as is popular in states and internet. but only as advertising hooplah so no tranny in game :)
Also to put ships in game and 3d. Progammer has told to me that if ships collide it will be simple, as long as complexity hides inside the ships, such as machines and complex interior. However plain exterior such as combination of squares

Attached: junk harbor flats.png (1280x720, 351K)

Why tho? Even on Marathon mode you can max everything out quite easily.
Do you keep playing after the launch just to make your factory bigger and stack resources into chests?

I was aiming to make 1000 science / min, gave up a few weeks ago because I lost interest

This game is nice. Watching items move on a conveyer belt and arms throwing stuff around is extremely satisfying. I haven't gotten far enough for trains and stuff though.

How do you guys put up your main bus?
I usually have x4iron x4copper x4 circuits x2redx2blue x2steel x1coal x1stone

Am I retarded?