Man of Medan

What did you think of Until Dawn 2?

Attached: 0AE64B48-823E-4E5B-80CF-E96CFD2AD2F6.png (875x960, 1.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xSytATmTF1U
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IE6dLouVEHc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9utZ5MOrEuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

jumpscare simulator

Its a fun few hours with friends, but definitely a step down from until dawn

>Jumpscares? Not for me! I only play the finest slow burn, atmospheric, bone chilling, stomach wrenching, emotionally draining, character driven, tension filled horror games.

People are saying this isn't a "full" game like Until Dawn. In more ways than one, it is both shorter in playtime, and the first part of a series of future titles. Can someone elaborate on this?

It's about half the length of Until Dawn, about 3 hours instead of 7-8

It's also half priced so it was a deliberate choice, they are planning to make multiple smaller length games. There's a teaser for the next one at the end of Man of Medan
youtube.com/watch?v=xSytATmTF1U

It’s only 4 hours long max, not a full 8-10 hour game like Until Dawn. It’s the first part of a series, but it’s an anthology series so they’re all unrelated standalone stories. The only thing linking them is that they’ve got their own Crypt Keeper dude who introduces each game.

was real shit compared to until dawn.

Way worse than Until Dawn.I kept expecting something besides shitty hallucinations but it never came.

trash "its all just paranoia gas" game
also incredible short. Its not even close to until dawn

Its horrible compared to Until Dawn, don't get it

Is this supposed to be an horror game?
I watched Markiplier play the game out of curiosity, he's usually know for overreacting to horror games but instead he was laughing like a madman the whole time.

Until Dawn wasn’t good, Sonyfags just had to pretend to like it because it was PS4 exclusive. Now that the series is multiplat we can admit it’s shit.

much more boring than until dawn

Watched it on youtube. Pretty good movie.

The twist is there was no twist!

It should have been suspected considering the last game twist is that there was no game.

I’m playing it right now, got to the boat, and it’s been pretty boring to be honest :/

Is this game available on disc for ps4?
I swear to god I haven't been able to find a copy of it, no one fucking knows about this game and Amazon keeps suggesting me other shit

Sounds great.

It's just a bunch of outtta place jumpscares and loud noises with quite mind-numbing script.
And because it's , not 10 minutes into the game, and we already introduced to 3 smart, strong and powerful black characters (ship she-captain, boy-genious and a cool black guy who was in med school), interracial relationship in the right way, general white guy who's a creep and rich brat and his spoiled sister who doesn't give a fuck about rules.

Attached: 1237508939150.png (400x400, 23K)

>to 3 smart, strong and powerful black characters
Honestly I'm fine with the black dudes but the black chick is baboon ugly and feels probably the most out of place in the group.

There's no direct player control, only decisions and QTEs

You still walk around and interact with the environment like Until Dawn, its not like Hidden Agenda.

It is.

>there are black people so its bad

>the last game twist is that there was no game
Fucking rehash.
PS3 did it 10 years ago.

It was disappointing, just wait until the whole anthology is released then buy them all in a bulk sale.

its kind of mediocre
the character models are also really ugly

this, jumpscares are fine, but there are literally 4 in a row in the prologue
i didn't feel scared after i seen the kid do the big noise 2 times in 5 seconds

Opening was really good, setting of a ghost ship was great. Then nothing fucking happens.

Half the budget, half the quality. The dialogue makes me wanna sleep most of the time. The only memorable characters are Conrad and The Captain.

It was a pretty big step down from until dawn. I feel like making shorter games hurt the overall story and tone when this one was just filled with jump scares. A Little Hope looks alot more interesting so hopefully that one is better.

Has anyone tried coop? I started playing alone, and it’s boring. Playing coop should be better I guess.

The three villains are all minorities too though

The all-around awful voice acting didn't help either. Hopefully Little Hope has a better voice cast, I do like Will Poulter.

>shitty jumpscare horror game that all the big youtubers are shilling the hell out of right now
Yup, pretty good sign of “no substance, so let’s trick everyone into playing it quickly before they realize it’s garbage.”

I can understand casting lots of nignogs for this, they were near the equator in French Polynesia after all. We'll see how the sequels go and who they cast for them.

>that all the big youtubers are shilling the hell out of right now
Are they even shilling it? The few ones I watched were either disappointed or outright laughing at it.

how much of a pathetic flyoverstatefag do you have to be to get triggered by seeing black people?

Attached: pol .png (808x773, 591K)

There haven't been many interesting horror games released lately so they farm all the views they can get.

Markiplier and John are pretty much only playing it out of obligation at this point. They're either laughing their heads off instead of actually being scared or supportive of the game, or they're almost entirely out of it and are using their commentary to make up for how dull the actual experience is.

COME AT ME SHARK

>big youtubers are shilling the hell
its actually kinda hard to find a full lets play, and even the bigger ones sound kinda bored when playing it

this but unironically

Attached: nubmer.png (964x552, 395K)

Does this go anywhere in an alternative scene? It wasn't brought up at any point in my playthrough.

>hight
>federtion

Sucks because the first game had such hot white girls now you gotta look at monkey women

How is this a game? You just move and choose things, is a playable movie.

It's a fake certificate. It's brought up in conversation.

>writing is predictable and lackluster at best
>all characters are token and have the kind of personality that would get them blown the fuck out anywhere but the microcosm of a video game
>everything is exactly what you'd expect; characters do what they're not supposed to, shit up the plans and end up in hot water (teehee)
>in the end, your "choices" amount to one moderately worthwhile end, and a fistful of letdowns

I think these appeal to little kids with their parents' comp/money. I had fun going through UD, kinda, until the end where they did a spooky scary skeleton all along.
They're shit. If your writing is so good make a book; if your art direction is so good make still art or animations; if your concepts are so good make a movie, but don't make this frankenconcept of one part movie, one part book, one part game and 0 parts intriguing story, characters or... Literally anything.

How much are they selling this for if its supposed to be shorter and partof an anthology

30 bucks plus tip

>playable
So, a game?

>that part where Alex straight up explains the entire plot

Attached: 1552687113564.jpg (567x554, 33K)

I can pay 10 bucks to go watch a movie in a theater, why would I pay 30 bucks to watch a bad movie at home?

I don't know but it's weird how they're kind of forcing a lot of black people over any other race. What about asian people?

Horror games are dead anyway.

Attached: Zero_II.jpg (336x478, 40K)

>Markiplier laughing his ass off because he accidentally zoomed on a character face during dialogues and it shows how poorly they are animated
>he laughed for the entire first part of the game which is one hour long
This whole game is an expensive joke.

Because America has a fascination with black people not Asians. Its all about Afro Americans bro.

Asians generally don't rape, steal, make music or complain. They are boring.

Is this fatal frame 2? i'll recognize that mongoloid sister everywhere, 1 was better.

Conrad

Attached: 28-08-2019-man-of-medan-endings-guide.jpg (1920x1080, 72K)

What are some games like this other than Pathologic?

More like ConCHAD

I actually think it benefits from having a shorter runtime. There's a LOT more branching story paths compared.to Until Dawn

>Until Dawn had a future Oscar winner
>Man of Medan had the gay guy who was in a couple comic book movies 15 years ago

Detroit was five times as long and still had your choices matter more

Don't disrespect ConCHAD

it was fine until you find out the truth behind the ghost ship, then it just takes all the fun out of it and stop being entertaining.

That's because a madman spent half a decade making that game.

Attached: DC.jpg (1964x2132, 1.07M)

>yell at black guy for flirting with his sister
>throw money in the sea to taunt black people
What a Chad.

Because there's no more tension when you see a monster because you know it's bullshit

You forgot
>Make out with the black girl in the closet

yeah, it also makes the game incredibly easy because you dont even need to worry about getting anyone killed because its all bullshit

I mean, people were complaining that they hated the wendigo twist and that they would prefer the more mundane serial killer angle.

>oh no no no jumpscares
>I dont want to be scared in a horror game oh no no no
Sôy

Attached: 1562539647275.jpg (2300x2300, 604K)

>make my sole purpose in the game to save the white girl because she looks like the one to die first like in the memes
>do all the reasonable and sane choices
>she is the only one to die
>only white guy also dies at the end because fuck you for taking the boat

Was a very riveting first try.

Based

was the twist that bad?

Are you excited for Little Hope?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IE6dLouVEHc

My first playhrough ended with the black guy and his white gf as the sole survivors. I felt pretty cucked.

Being afraid and getting startled aren't really the same though.

It's not that it's bad, but people was looking forward to the whole nonmagical serial killer plotline when it just suddenly change gears into magical wendigos.

>thinking being in a fly over state is bad
Fuck off urbanite scum

This is peak autism user what are you doing

O DEEEEEEEEAAAATH
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9utZ5MOrEuU

Bought it because a friend asked me to. It's okay, but if I had to choose between it and Blair Witch, I'd get Blair Witch. Still, only $30

man of medan left a bad impression on me so no i'm probably not going to play the others.

this but unironically but unironically

>killed conrad by not reacting in time to the jump/confront command when the sexy ghost girl

Attached: CB684F52-DCFF-4515-9A3F-5A1DD6BCFC72.jpg (340x324, 19K)

>Still, only $30
I would have to get paid to play this shit.

The magical wendigo shit made it way better, one of the chief reasons I was so disappointed with uncharted 4 was that there was no supernatural twist either

Playing shared story and my friend got conrad killed on the boat. Luckily, I found the gas mask with Brad so he's still chugging along.

>He didn't get the ending where Conrad has to get the cap by fighting the pirate leader in the cargo hold

>boyfriend died, never mention it for the rest of the game until its hit credit
I was thinking replaying for another run but my fucking immersion ruined because of this shit, I bet if I let most of them died no one would even start a conversation about it.

What’s different with the curators cut?

You basically become player 2 for single player

This HAS to be bait, no one is this stupid

He probably tells you after each episode that you're a cheeky cunt innit m8 stop jabberin' an' kill some poirate chavs.

I watched some random okay it for 15 minutes. Didn't even look like Vidya.. just a shitty movie.

One of the arguably good thing out of these games comes from the bad dialogue and robotic animations with overly done facial capture.

Are the cast as good as UD or is that worse as well? looking at the thread it sounds like the plot will be wore than UD.

Conrad and Fliss carry the whole game

The androids from Detroit show more emotion than this cast

Is it even worth doing another playthrough or is the story basically the same no matter what

Are You pleasantly surprised or disappointed that there weren't any ghosts?

There is a LOT of branching paths and poasible character combinations in this

Also it's too fucking slow.

Larry Fessenden should've just wrote another fucking story about Wendigos. It's the only thing he can write about semi-competently.

Conrad and Captain are good. The sister is objectively retarded and a piece of shit. I tried to get her killed several times and all she did was call other characters an edge lord for telling her not do things that are beyond retarded.

Seems legit.