The swamps of DS3

Let's count all the swamps in the fantastic game Dark Souls 3, shall we?

Road of sacrifices, water swamp

Cathedral of the Deep, giant swamp INSIDE the cathedral, with two (2) giants!

Farron keep, entire area is a swamp (lmao)

Irythill of the boreal valley, giant water swamp (again)

Smouldering lake, 50% of area is a swamp

Painting of ariandel, lmaooooo the corvian settlement is a fucking shit stained swamp

Dreg heap, now with a swamp straight from dark souls 2!

Ringed city, I don't think I have to say anything about this one.

Woah... So this is the famous dark souls 3 everyone has been talking about....

Attached: dark_souls_3_goty_edition-39699865-.jpg (1524x1899, 867K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Miyazaki had ds3 and sekiro to get all the swamps out of his system, elden ring should have none

Name 1 good Souls area that is a wide and open long horizontal area, there is only 1 in the entire series I've ever liked and that was Darkroot Garden.

You forgot about the one in Profaned Capital. That's 9.

Holy fuck this

There's a toxic swamp in the area before oceiros too
Old Kings Quarters, I believe?

That makes it TEN (10) FUCKING SWAMPS
HOW CAN DS3lets DEFEND THIS?????

Does it count as a swamp is it doesn't poison or slow you down?

All of those swamps slow you down

glad I haven't gotten Sekiro yet

There's only 1 short swamp in SeKINO, you can just grapple through it in like 15 seconds anyway

Undead Asylum second bonfire inches from large swamp
Firelink shrine swamp
Darkroot Garden MASSIVE swamp with hydra
Darkroot Garden TWO small swamps before Sif
The entirety of New Swampdo
Ash Lake is one huge swamp
Sanctuary swampians bossroom
Kalameets bossroom
B L I G H T T O W N
Demon Ruins lava swamp
Lost Izalith ENDLESS lava swamp (largest in the series)

Attached: 6i8igj3lpj9z.jpg (640x856, 89K)

>water is swamp
>pools that dont poison you are swamps
The hell...

This thread is a sawmp, join us in swampposting user

Attached: Pssst.jpg (1024x576, 43K)

Hey man, swamps are beautiful. The whole game should have been swamps. And if you disagree, well then you're just a croc.

Attached: ThinkstockPhotos-474234182.jpg (1334x2000, 1.08M)

Why do people pretend poise is good? Why do people hate hyper armor?

t.croc

get out of my swamp!

nobody has ever explained wtf poise is

Swamps are thematically linked to Dark Souls.

Yea Forums is a swamp

>Undead Asylum second bonfire inches from large swamp
>Firelink shrine swamp
>Darkroot Garden TWO small swamps before Sif
>The entirety of New Swampdo
>Ash Lake is one huge swamp
>Sanctuary swampians bossroom
>Kalameets bossroom
>Demon Ruins lava swamp
The most inaccurate cope I've seen on all of Yea Forums. And the funniest part is, even for DaS1's actual swamps like Blighttown and Lost Izalith, there are rings you can wear to reduce the bad effects of them. The only way to reduce DaS3's swamp slowdown is through specific weapon arts.

1 > 3 > 2

Attached: a toast.png (332x378, 190K)

how would you say it compares with the rest of the series?

Based

Doesn't let you get stunlocked

>Iudex Grundyr
Big humanoid in armor swinging a sword at you.
>Abyss Watchers
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
Big humanoid in armor swinging TWO swords at you.
>Yhorm the Giant
>Dragonslayer Armour
Big ___________ armor swinging a sword at you.
>Champion Gundyr
>Lothric, Younger Prince
>Nameless King
>Soul of Cinder
Big humanoid in armor swinging a sword at you AND sometimes uses the magic attack from the Crystal Mage.

I know this is kind of going against the accepted circlejerk here but let me just say that Dark Souls III is fucking awesome. I love Dark Souls!!!!!!!!! I love fighting the same bosses over and over again with slight variation. It is invigorating! I love tapping B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1 whenever a boss or enemy does his awesome 2-3 hit sword swing. I love using the same tactics over and over because there is no other viable way to play. "Prepare to die over and over!!!!" There's a bit of an in-joke for you classic fans. Just kidding folks, this game is outstanding. I love it. I loved the final boss who was just a guy with a sword. Certainly made all the frustration and effort made getting up to that point worth it. I especially loved how I had no idea what was going on because the lore is haphazardly thrown together in the form of item descriptions(?).

>DUDE. THE NAMELESS KING HESITATES BEFORE HE KILLS HIS MIGHTY DRAGON STEED. THAT IS EPIC FUCKING VISUAL STORY-TELLING. ARE YOU LE SERIOUS?!?!?!
*wipes tear from my eye due to this amazing piece of kino gameplay*

T,BU

>I love tapping B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1 whenever a boss or enemy does his awesome 2-3 hit sword swing. I love using the same tactics over and over because there is no other viable way to play
I mean that's Souls as a series. How else would you attack?

>Gundyr
>sword

The only swamp that's actually a slog is Farron. The others you can just got thru in like less than a minute.

Dark Souls 2 allowed for far more innovative attacking.

Based Miya poster

No it didn't.

Yeah like pressing R1. And pressing it again slightly faster

A leaker the other day said he played in a swamp

It’s not part of a series but if you mean the Soulsborne games I prefer Sekiro over those

You can just grapple across it, it's over in like 30 secs.
And the enemies are actually cool bastards with giant fucking cannons, instead of "muh possesed goat man"

t. never used the R2 for the gyrm greathammer to instantly poisebreak bosses and flatten enemies
also t. never powerstanced mastodon halberds for 1k damage at 100k soul memory by pressing l1
and finally t. never went to 119% equip burden

>ds2
BIG yikes!

DS2 lets you feed BRs to rats. It's the best.

Attached: DARK SOULS™ II_ Scholar of the First Sin_20190319151143.jpg (3840x2160, 1.06M)

Only GHs were fun to use in 2. Everything else felt like crap because of the shitty engine.

I really hate these 5-10 minute bosses with bloated HP, I would much rather have spent that time exploring varied and interesting areas with unique level and encounter design, somewhere along the line Souls bosses got memed into the creators focus.

The ringed city one doesnt

Why do all of that when I can just use a GS and mash R1 and win?

>why have fun experimenting if i can do the same shit over and over

>The Neck is one of the southernmost regions of the north. Covered in swamp and bog, it divides the north from the rest of the Seven Kingdoms. The Neck is inhabited by crannogmen, who are led by House Reed of Greywater Watch. It contains huge flowers, lizard-lions, and many snakes. The trees are half-drowned and covered in fungus, and beneath the water, quicksand will drown anyone who attempts to walk the waters. Ironborn claim that crannogmen poison their weapons and smear them with feces and worse things. Even a graze by a poisoned arrow can be deadly.
Fucking Game of Thrones has a poison swamp too. Elden Ring will probably have an entire region that's a poison swamp.

Attached: angry.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

>experimenting in a bad game when there's a optimal solution
Okay

I mean that's the dark souls fanbase in a nutshell, the reason ds3 had so much ds1 dicksucking

>Asylum Demon
Big humanoid swinging a weapon at you
>Taurus Demon
>Gargoyles
Big humanoids swinging a weapon at you
>Capra
>Iron Golem
>O&S
TWO big humanoids swinging a weapon at you
>Nito
>Sif
Big WOLF swinging a weapon at you
>Four Kings
>Priscilla
>Gwyn
>Artorias

>DUDE. THE WOLF GIVES YOU A LICK BEFORE THE BOSS FIGHT STARTS. THAT IS EPIC FUCKING VISUAL STORY-TELLING. ARE YOU LE SERIOUS?!?!?!
*wipes tear from my eye due to this amazing piece of kino gameplay*

Except ds2 has the most build diversity out of any souls game, not saying it's a great game though

Then why say that? Dark Souls 2 has the most bosses out of all the games but not a single top tier one like ludwig, gael or manus

Imagine using mom mask and hollow soldier waistcloth offline and in the privacy of your own offline DaS1 playthrough just because it's optimal

Alonne. Fume knight. Sinh.

There's still a optimal solution for everything. There's nothing different about the combat flow in 2 compared to the others. Same for 1 and so forth

That's not how you play DaS1.

I never brought up bosses though? Anyways Raime and Alonne are great

Lol

Attached: 1508881079851.webm (1280x720, 1.18M)

Fuck swamps, when is Elden Ring coming out?

Attached: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.png (655x557, 227K)

You brought up quantity, something which das2 has on its side but nothing is good lol

Cool, never happened to me but cool cherry picked hit box webm. Totally original.

Take your (you)

Happen to me all the time.

Were the hitboxes fixed on softs? Because i never had any issue with hitboxes in over 300 hours

Everything got fixed in softs, people just love to meme about it.

Ok. So when are you gonna link me that Matthew mitosis video you masturbate to?

You missed the bottom of Sen's Fortress with the Titanite Demons.

Most retarded post ever made. The bosses in DS3 are the best ones From has ever done and also you can definitely play the game in a different way like i did.

water swamps don't slow you down what the fuck

Really? What about trading hits with the alonne knights? I always remembered getting hit before their attack came out.

>
the irithyll "swamp" under the bridge absolutely does slow you down

>build diversity is not a good aspect
???

Cosidering he still makes you seethe there's no need.

>games full of swamps
>also full of shit, like their creator

DS2 reigns eternal as best DS game.

I'm glad hes got class A cocksuckers like you on 4channel to defend him from me

more like dark souls poo lmao

He lives in your head rent free huh?

do you really think anyone actually gets annoyed about video games, it's all ironic

You seem to be

damn..

Yea he does especially when people like you are so predictable. I really hit a hole in 1 huh?

Look guys I posted the famous Yea Forums meme! I bet hes frothing! Got eeeem!

There are two, one below Monkey and one before Shaded Woods

Bloodborne > DS1 > Sekiro > DS3 > DeS > DS2

I didn't bring him up through. Are you dumb?

Why are DaS2drones so butthurt?

FUCK DS2NIGGERS
That is all

Of course I didnt and I was still right about you. Keep fighting the good fight!

first area is a swamp lmao

based
cringe and really bad attempt man. notice how you have to change demons into humanoids all the time?
and
>gargoyles
>humanoids
reaaaaaaaly bad attempt
also, why 1 and not 2?

>Of course I didnt
>So when are you gonna link me that Matthew mitosis video
lol

Why do people like ds2!? My favorite youtubers told me to hate it! Stop liking ds2!!!!!!

Leave this place

ludex uses a halberd, yhorm uses a mahete, dragonslayer uses an axe, champion uses a hallberd, nameless uses a swordspear, soul of inder uses evrything.

CONCLUSION: BAD BAIT

fun to play around with.
staggering others was fun
variety in terms of how to build yourself

Matthew hurts your very soul to make you this assblasted huh?

ikr? the original was a fun bait post, but the response list just reeks of actual butthurt

Was a typo. Yea I brought him up because you people that think you're based for shitting on ds2 are so easy to read.

Keep sniffing your own farts though

i don't like getting comboed to death by a straight sword every time i play. honestly though i don't really like how poise is implemented in any of the souls games.

>that fucking fake leak that said the overworld was an enormous swamp

Attached: 1498502573475.png (423x584, 575K)

Did you donate to his patreon this month? Link him this epic post and he may mention you on stream!

Based, Soulstrannies are delusional

so this guy is literally sitting in every souls thread waiting for someone to post the original post just so he can post his "counter"?
jesus!

>fun to play around with.
You cant actually think this.

Now the DaS2drone is projecting lol. First it's delusion to think it's good now he brings up random people. How pathetic.

Lmao based

Seek help.

>be new to DS
>realize how it works
>pick your armor based on the location and bosses
>learn what it takes to stagger enemies based on their armor
whats not fun about this? or are you literally just focusing on some meme like standing in front of a boss with one of the two-three maxed out armor sets that allow to just tanking all hits and therefore call it shit?

What? This post smacks of cringey rage posting.

By the way I'm gonna play ds2 later today and enjoy it.

Talk about rent free ;)

Seek greater strength. The rest will follow. Faggot.

Who the fuck is this "Matthew" motherfucker?? And why do 2fags always bring this guy up?

Lol low effort

??

You can count both the number of good bosses AND good areas in Dark Souls 2 on one hand lol

Mat "phew" Halitosis
autist e-celeb that made a video picking apart DS2 that went semi viral years ago

>Mat "phew" Halitosis

youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI

Adorable, my naive friend. Elden Ring is going to be Electric Swamp Boogaloo: Swamps For Days.

Attached: 169717_512x288_generated.jpg (217x266, 31K)

Swap DeS with Sekiro and you've got it right

wrong, elden ring is going to do away with swamps entirely and replace them with slippery ice levels

ITT: OP doesn't know what a swamp is

kek this

The drowned Farron woods is a great swamp though, it looks like the entire forest was walled off and filled with seawater by or for Aldritch and the Church of the Deep.