I can't fucking wait for turn based Yakuza. It's great to see them trying to be innovative with the series

I can't fucking wait for turn based Yakuza. It's great to see them trying to be innovative with the series.

Attached: Yakuza-7_2019_08-29-19_Top.jpg (600x337, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

s1.webmshare.com/xDn1X.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>innovative
>turn based

fpbp
they literally just gave up

Real fans are furious. Yakuza had some of, if not THE best combat in videogames and now all the zoom zooms are going to fuck it up. Zoomers love turn based combat. Older thinking men like god tier brawlers.

Attached: Yakuza G o d Tier Combat.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

I'm looking really forward to it too.

Is you have to make the argument "Real fans think X" then it already shows you are coping.

this
>hey fatlus can i take persona and swap assets ok thanks

Bad combat hasn't stopped me buying every Yakuza game I can so far. Why would I stop now? Every single person complaining will also buy 7. They know it, too.

the rpg combat looks slow and boring

It requires braincells and not button mashing.

when are mods going to ban this autistic cunt

what's the problem?

Mad Dog style was disappointing compared to Majima's other styles though.

t. seething zoom zoom

Can't wait. I don't give a fuck about the series but I'm glad long time fans are so pissed off. Nice

>“Live Command RPG Battle” means a battle where, in a constantly changing situation, your commands affect the state of play. In a normal RPG, your enemies and opponents stand still until given a command to “attack” or whatever, and then they come back to life. Ryu 7’s battle is different.

>Specifically, the system is “people moving in real time” while “fighting in a living town”.

>Except for some bosses, enemy encounters start when you reach the enemy’s position. So, depending on how the encounters start, your position at the start of battle will differ, and it could give you an advantage or a disadvantage. Note: enemies can also hide and suddenly ambush you from cover.

>When you go into battle, your opponents and allies both continue to move around within the area. They don’t stop. Characters can move towards nearby enemies, or away from them. Of course, you’re fighting in a town, so when they move they could bump into things on the street, like bikes or signboards, and knock them over.

>All of that movement is managed by the physics of Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio’s Dragon Engine. And also, just like in the series up till now, there are “things” on the battlefield that might get in your way or can be used as weapons. Note: some of them are items you’ve seen in previous games.

>It’s partly decided by turn order and character parameters, but it’s not the case that the result will be the same whoever you use to attack the enemy. If you use a “run up” attack to attack someone at a distance, there’s a high possibility that other enemies will get in your way and block you.

>When attacking an enemy at a distance, there are “town objects” that can completely change the situation. If there are bicycles lying around nearby, you can kick them at the enemy to hit them, or pick them up and batter the enemy with them. Note: Such actions are dependent on character Role and Characteristics.

>You also have to deal with other enemies obstructing you or attacking you while you’re trying to attack someone else. For example if you’re doing a “run up” attack on a far away enemy, other enemies are likely to get in your way while you’re running. One way to deal with that (just like in the series before now) is to use wide range attacks or collateral damage attacks to take out multiple enemies at the same time.

>Also, if you knock an enemy into the road, they can get hit by passing cars. Of course that will damage them. So, you’re fighting in this space where people and things are constantly moving, which is why we called the system “Live Command RPG Battle”.

>And there are also some skills that require “action battle” style button mashing etc to perform. And for those players who just want to get through the fight quickly, there’s an “AUTO” mode too. Note: However, this mode may produce some unexpected results.

>All these controls are possible because of improvements made to the Dragon Engine through the series up till now, and the real-time physics management means we could create a battle system unlike anything we’ve made before. Also, as enemies get stronger they also get sneakier, so you might find other characters start running away if they’re in trouble.

>Regarding yesterday’s announcements about the battle system, we’ve only shown you the very basics so far. Because you can change Roles using “Hello Work” too, there’s a greater variety of skills than there is in anything we’ve done before, and there’s a lot more things, like special moves, that we haven’t made public yet.

We get it. The combat is shit. This is about the 20th time this webm has been posted this week. Even the devs know the combat is shit, hence this entire shitfest.

What a great fucking game Y0 was, think I want to replay it

>The combat is shit.
here is a webm of me fucking up all the haters who don't belong on Yea Forums

Attached: 0559411889430.webm (640x360, 2.17M)

Why does posting footage of Yakuza combat always cause resetera tranny zoomers to have such an autistic meltdown?

>Yakuza
>a franchise known to be mediocre to outright shit
>devs wanna make it better
>autistic fans hate it
This is gonna be another example of a niche game making it big, with the autistic original fanbase being left behind because they cannot adjust.

Cope
You've been bitching for years that turn based game series should become action based, now it's the other way around and you flip your shit.
Cope.

A-are you trying to start a meme that zoomers are actually the ones that like turn based gameplay? Holy shit

This will be the Resident Evil 4 of Yakuza.

>you
i am not your gay sexual partner.

I doubt it will even have some those systems, it's probably something basic like DQ since they directly referenced it.
They should've copied something like Valkyrie Profile or Legaia, this is just lazy.

Y0 combat was really good. Honestly the only problem with it is the menu

Suck my dick, gay sexual partner

seething

Dilate

Name me a turn based game that requires braincells to play.

Attached: 1562572534301.jpg (580x426, 220K)

Waiting for the a.i to be aligned is so deep and sophisticated!

A one hit wonder that blows up and every one sucks afterwards until they go back to basics?

how

Stick a phallic object in your axe wound to avoid both sides from healing

Don’t games usually evolve from turn based to real time combat if they do decide to switch it up? Why is yakuza going backwards? Why not make a serious effort into making the combat better?

>turn based yakuza
see, I wouldn't mind it being Yakuza: Spinoff. Hell, I'd play it.
But Yakuza 7 being turnbased is a horrible idea, given how GOOD Yakuza combat has been as of late. I'm angery.

I'm a big fan of turn based games, being a SMT-tard, but Yakuza 7 should not be turn based.

THIS is Yakuza:
s1.webmshare.com/xDn1X.webm

Attached: 1560409580042.png (1048x1370, 2.15M)

/thread

>devs wanna make it better
How is turn based combat better. It's bottom of the barrel

why
are you jannie or something?

Swords and Sandals 2

Yakuza combat has been shit as soon as they removedstyles
you don't get enough combos and you rely too much on seeing the same shitty heat actions

Nice opinion

>given how GOOD Yakuza combat has been as of late.
What? The Dragon Engine is the worst thing to happen to Yakuza’s combat. All three games that used it have been shit.

They release like two Yakuza games every year now. It hardly matter anymore.

"Real fans" will buy shit games for another decade and tell themselves "they're honing the combat, the next one will get it right" just like they've done the past decade.

Truly a based post.

>Yakuza had some of, if not THE best combat in videogames
Nobody, and I absolutely mean nobody, plays or loves Yakuza for its combat.

Attached: 1540132478611.jpg (640x480, 45K)

You're kinda right, but I still loved Kiwami 2's combat. I did rush-only in 0 and Kiwami so I was kind of bummed out, but you could mix up many things in Kiwami 2 and it was really satisfying to fight.

I agree though, the combat was better with three styles and I can only wish for them to make Yakuza 8 or whatever have three styles again.

What are you expecting from a bait post that says turn based combat is for zoomers

Turn based combat is literally the easiest way for a game to be though.

then why do people get so mad about it being criticized?

What opinion. It's a fact. It's made for braindead retards

>Yakuza gameplay
>Mash murder button until random mook is dead
>Can't do that? Punish on reaction with a flashy combo or a counter that instantly kills them
>Got heat? Stand near punch lasers object and press button, or pull out a weapon and press button
>Boss? Footsies vs an exploitable AI. Counter recommended. Sometimes a QTE comes up.
I like Yakuza gameplay but it's pretty simplistic to a degree. Most of its substance is from the fact that doing footsies with enemies which isn't common in action games, but otherwise it doesn't control much different from fucking musou of all things. Fist of the North Star was explicitly based on the musou game according to an interview and you get to be much more creative in that game compared to the mainline RGG games.

Why do you think real time combat is better than turn based combat?

You can't be serious. Might as well say trash like Epic battle fantasy 5

Judgement is the new Yakuza

Resonance of fate

Bonus Shots exist
It's shit

The truth is both styles fit their own series but obviously Yea Forums will shitpost to oblivion and try to make series that are traditionally their own styles the other just to make others angry.

I'm guilty of this too, I've been hearing action shitters saying how turn based is obsolete and shit and for low IQ for years that this news makes me feel happy and vindicated.

>and for low IQ
But that's true through. There's no such thing as a difficult turn based game, it's made for lowest common denominator.

Why all this hateposting for Yakuza all of a sudden? I thought it was one of those series people loved for being goofy camp and fun but simple.

>Yea Forums hates Platinum, New Vegas, DMC, Yakuza, God Hand, SotC, Jojo, and basically everything almost universally beloved for years

Is it just the new generation of hipsters combining with zoomers to shitpost everything that's actually good away so they can talk about how nostalgic they are for CoD MW2?

I hope your favorite action series is Yakuza user. This news felt good.

See, even you agree because you can't name a good turn based game.

People are only shitting on Yakuza's combat and writing, which have always been terrible. What's stranger is the people who know this is true but want nobody to say it so they can just ignore it or stay deluded about it.
Yakuza fans keep acting like they're living in an unjust world even when they've gotten ten fucking mainline games, a bunch of spinoffs, and remasters and PC versions aplenty. And they're still getting more. And yet the victim complex and delusions continue.

Okay, at top of my head, Heroes of Might and Magic 3.
I wonder what you'll say about that

>western games
I don't play trash.

>which have always been terrible
But the combat is punchy and fun and the melodramatic story is enjoyable nonsense.

chin meguumi tensay iv

Attached: tfw spear too short.webm (650x794, 2.42M)

Virgin confirmed

I knew it.

Y0 has good combat

It has serviceable combat

>turn based players calling anyone a virgin
lmao

Why would someone actively play western trash and pretend it's good?

Press turn is literally made for casuals

Unironically Mario and Luigi series

I don't play Nintendo shit
Next.

>rubber bullets

i assume you're just going to continue disregarding everything that's said, so there's no point in wasting time on you.

Only against Cackletta since she puts up a fight due to high HP and attack. Rest of the game might as well be a visual novel

Because there's no good turn based game

Since we're playing from the perspective of Ichi. He likes Dragon Quest, so every battle he ends up in, in his head, plays like a turn-based RPG.

Exactly. It's stupid but most of the characters are enjoyable and the beat-em-up combat is fun. Plus all the side content.

I understand it not being your thing, but I wouldn't say Yakuza is a bad series.