Monster Hunter

Iceborne Beta is LIVE
Did you get your kill yet, Yea Forums?

Less than 6 days before release, leaks when

Attached: 1567190143986.jpg (1920x1080, 433K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=25OPn3gzFz8
youtu.be/7SeL0x6HKrI
youtube.com/watch?v=jA8LPywjkWg
youtube.com/watch?v=mC13z3IZlgo
youtu.be/b-CnndyHTPc
youtu.be/Z0AUqNDPLdE
twitter.com/gunlancehaiizo
mobile.twitter.com/gunlancehaiizo/status/1167832591241625602
youtu.be/QoTLBw4KBp8
youtube.com/watch?v=0NENYcdp5IE
youtube.com/watch?v=2NdhNSu1UgM
youtube.com/watch?v=-xK5XW1jJQU
youtube.com/watch?v=6tAbngwThiU
youtube.com/watch?v=056b35-DECY
youtube.com/watch?v=G2bglyEZbkY
youtube.com/watch?v=LLjQSSU0MqE
youtube.com/watch?v=9Ex1ETe6U9g
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LRXg9Zwxp9E
youtu.be/JaqJqUp03TA?t=51
youtube.com/watch?v=8eyRBYoKp48
bilibili.com/video/av36947938/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=R8I1Hku8GQk
youtu.be/9EPwqjYcHIE
youtu.be/LldGkrogM1c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, just once after many, many hunts.

Attached: 17662450.jpg (1080x1350, 196K)

>No it's not.
>Diablos already telegraphing its charge before even turning around to you versus only beginning to charge when already looking to you until which point it's still unclear what move it will even do and it could be a hipcheck, a bite, a tail spin or anything
I don't even dislike the more fluent style in MHW, but I'm really not sure how it's so much less predictable in MHW as you say it is.

>You're just bad man sorry. A narga fight is just headlocking. The monster flinch all the time.
Do you have a proof for that? Preferably your own run. 4-man was always ridiculously easy, but it's the solo-scaling in MHW that's way too lenient and also makes solo just a flinch simulator.

Attached: telegraphing, slow.webm (854x540, 2.23M)

No, don't feel like playing my PS4 anymore. I'll just wait for PC.

Same. 60 FPS, mods, bug fixes, comfier.

Though unlike you I don't even have a dilatestation 4.

Flinch thresholds didn't scale in multiplayer before World. It was the same in village and in multi. Only difference is you don't need to keep flinching them as long in World solo or in village before they die.
Go try the village Shrouded Nerscylla in 4U vs the guild hall one, the only difference is the guild hall Nerscylla will take 3 minutes longer to actually keel over

I'll play it on PS4 now and on PC again.
Capcom really got me with MHW, I just can't wait.

Maybe not the threshold per se, but defense. You obviously need longer to make a G Rank monster flinch than a Low Rank monster. And I'm testing it as we speak on PPSSPP, don't worry.

got a kill in a group yesterday with LS, what a time to be a edgelord whew that iai strike is something else

Attached: 1461322033732.jpg (800x596, 32K)

We're talking Narga or Diablos ? Just try a Narga or a Tigrex in World, you'll understand what I mean by unpredictable.
>Do you have a proof for that
Really ? You go youtube, you type G Narga, you'll find. Or best, you try to play the game.

Are there more rewards for doing all the hunts? Also it's live till Monday right?

>Did you get your kill yet, Yea Forums?
Fuck no. I haven't had this much trouble with a monster in ages. I main GS and I'm having a hell of a time even hitting the fucker.

Tbh the thing with Diablos in general is that you can avoid its entire moveset besides the tail slap by just not being directly in front of it or under it when it's not doing another attack. There's not a lot of variation in how you need to dodge when it turns towards you. Or when it digs, just block or dive.
It's not like avoiding Brachy's haymaker or some of Furious Rajang's bullshit where you gotta dodge a certain way or get fucked.

Meh, I beat Monster Hunter World on PC but I dunno, Iceborne just feels like more of the same. I had the same experience with Pokemon, never felt the need to play another one.

Framerate on PS4 is atrocious too, really doesn't do justice to the game's art direction.

MHW's problem is that you can lock every monster now by making them trip with clutch claw. You must hit the stagger threshold of Narga's wingst o make him trip which was very hard to do in old MH, now you can make his wings a weakspot and, if you want, he will never even get up again. Just keep hitting his wings with TCS. Clutch claw sorta ruins everything MH always was about. Hope Capcom looks at the beta.

I'm trying the classic hit and run draw and weaving wide slash>L2>TCS combo
Just a little bit more GSbro

Yeah, first time even. She's fun to fight using DB.
I'm still timing out using GL and Lance

Maybe Ruiner Nerg's gimmick is that his spikes are always black and you need clutch claw to even deal damage to him.

Am I the only one who is tired of Nerg?

>make his wings a weakspot
I doubt this. Nargacuga's wings have always been a 20 shitzone. That's too low for the CC to make into a 45. It needs to be at least a 27.

Are you new to the series? The entire thing is "more of the same", except it's a perfect thing

Yes literally the only one ever

oh no no no no

Attached: nonono.webm (1678x450, 2.12M)

yes son, you are a pretty snowflake, no one like you in the whole world

Why just me?! Fuck you guys! Sympathize with me!

Isn't Ruiner's gimmick frosted tips? I assume it will with black spikes and will inflict bleed once its spikes turn metallic.

Strip three pieces of Velkhana's ice dress to topple her!

Attached: 67881827_p0.png (944x1124, 894K)

They actually are. It's World, user, obviously they made Narga's wings a lot weaker. Every monster is a pinata in this game, remember. Even Diablos' head is a weakspot.

I suppose Zinogre's front legs will be weakspots too.

Attached: mh weakspots evolution.jpg (1920x1644, 545K)

Can't risk Skyrim dudebro not killing a monster in 3 minutes for once.

The few who choose to stop supporting Capcom over casualization are a drop in the pond compared to the new fanbase. Even if a few are converted, it ultimately means nothing. It's better to accept that MH has changed permanently (or at least will follow the current trend within the next decade), and move on to something worthwhile.

>The few who choose to stop supporting Capcom over casualization

They should have started a long ago, when Tri came out.

Is this game fun? I played it a bit and the bitch that rolls with you made me want to die with her voice.

>Only 5 actually new monsters
>The rest are monsters that have been in every other game starting with triU
>No new weapons
>Only one actual new area, the rest are one monster arenas.

Lame.

>5 fingers
Imagine

HEY PARD

Attached: D9FsNWwVAAAn_OP.jpg (1200x675, 284K)

>Tri
>casualization
Retard. It still is the only game with unneutered versions of Barroth and Barioth and literally everyone was crying about Gobul and Lagi. Alatreon also wrecked anuses compared to the joke that is normal Xeno.

Ugh. Stop.

>Only 5 actually new monsters

Which is more than any previous G-rank expansion.

>got the cunt back to her cave
>forgot if i was there it'll not sleep
>proceed to get wrecked nest style
>lost my closest run with GS
FUCK

Are people playing it without the monster hunter language?

Yes, as shown in this thread not liking Nergigante is against the law and the punishment is death by piscine wyveen

Should it be in weeaboo? I may pick it up if the VA’s are better.

It's such a piece of shit.
How are you supposed to kill it when it flies away more often than a Rathalos?

Honestly why is Capcom doing this? I just can't wrap my head around it. No one could possibly want this.

>why yes, I am male, why are you asking?

Attached: 1567230628838m.jpg (1024x576, 136K)

World newfags probably don't even know that option exists

But I do though. Hearing her say PADA makes me smile. Hearing her voiceclips in the beta makes me gush.

Attached: D9X1wv0XkAEza9v.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

But Diablos' head is only a weakspot since the horns are counted as a separate hitzone in world.
It's the same thing for Bloodbath Diablos' head/horns in XX

Are some of you guys really struggling with Velkhana? Come on, she isn't even that hard. She also doesn't fly much.

We don't call them people

man, tendies aren't even playing it tactical anymore, uh? are they really that desperate? don't they have like a million Mario games to play or something?

Attached: 1565867975763.jpg (2768x2324, 1.1M)

listfag is samefagging again
just ignore him

>Tri: introduces stamina for monsters and remove tracking from charge attacks
>4: introduces the mounting mechanic
Gen: introduces styles and arts

Yet World is the casualized "western garbage". MH hasn't been hard since FU and Tri's Barioth was a Nargacuga reskin.

Well congrats to them for being marginally better than other g-expansions.

I gave it a shot yesterday morning before work but had to cut the hunt short. It feels way too predictable outside maybe one move which is the ice beam sweep, but again I only fought it once. Still I'm not really feeling what Capcom's trying to sell with this elder dragon.

Attached: 1562548016769.jpg (654x556, 64K)

so how was ledge GS nerfed? seems fine to me

???
What exactly are you mad about here?

Diablos' face and horns became separate hitzones in world. Black Diablos' horns are still a bounce house if you have less than white sharpness.

I got bored of Nergigante after a few hunts. Not because it's an easy fight or I need to face the AT for challenge, I just find it wholly uninteresting like most of World's newcomers.

Worse, Listfag's shitposting on both Yea Forums and /vg/.

Attached: DQdX_tXVwAANiLQ.jpg_orig.jpg (740x651, 49K)

>if you have less than white sharpness.

The returning monsters had to be redone from scratch instead of being copypasted like in previous games. You can count them as new ones as well.

Just play in MH Language, it's Japanese grugspeak. Generally more tolerable to listen to.

Which makes the fight much easier.

can you prove they made narga's wings weaker?

>look it up
>it's true
Wtf

>Did you get your kill yet
no because I always run out of time since I only hammer

It's a weakspot with clutch claw, so I would suppose they are weaker.

How can anyone cart 5 times in a row to Velk?
Retard random is retard

yes, because it clearly sounds like a broken Japanese

Ohh, now I get it, thanks Handler

>Doing Velkhana with randoms
What is wrong with you

Waiting for the PC release, I've been spoiled by the port's performance even if "release parity!!!!" turned out to be a lie. In the time it takes for PS4 to just load the hub, I've already eaten and am out hunting on PC.

Wait is that fucking true? I wondered how I was doing that.

Xeno's hindlegs aren't weakspots though. And half of total damage done in TAs are on head and chest.

It's not like it was ever that hard in the first place
You're just dealing 5% more damage to the feet and stomach and 5% less damage to the neck than in FU
Sure you can talk about moveset differences but there's nothing wrong with separating hitzones for the 2 large horns popping out of his head and his face
You even deal 4% less damage to the horns than in FU
Or how about that staggering 1% more damage to Bloodbath Diablos' horns, WOW

Attached: MHW.wiki.png (460x408, 22K)

Literally anybody can play it so of course there'll be several mongoloids.

Shhh let him believe his own shitposting.

>Shield Charge runs out just as I'm about to go to town on its sleeping head
Fucking NOOOOOO

so what you're saying is that narga's wings haven't changed compared to previous games?

Not the same user but to comment on Barioth. He CANT be a re-skin (well, he uses the same sleleton) but his fight plays NOTHING like Narga. Breath attacks, flying, charges/runs instead of wing slashes, jumping off walls. Not trying to suck Barioths dick but they have a plethora of differences (Though I love both of them equally) hopefully this wasnt bait

>Hey guys, it's the new world.
>By the way, all these old world monsters are in it too.
I hoped they would have kept the theme going and at least have half of them being new even if it turned out to be a smaller roster. They can just add more old monsters later in dlc like Lunastra and Jho.

They still had a base for them, which is a lot of work already done.

Can shield run out between you starting the windup and actually hitting? What even happens then?

i unironically enjoy velkhana's fight but the fact that you need to kill her in 15 mins really ruins it for me
i mean yeah i managed to kill her in a group but did i enjoy it much? nope

Like 80% of the monsters in the series can fly, it's not too surprising to see them on multiple continents. If they wanted to go full autism, they'd have minor regional differences like you see with birds IRL but I guess you could consider a lot of the returning monsters being a lot bigger than before as something like that.

I agree that its strange that all these old world monsters are popping up out of nowhere, rather than new ones that fit their role (Like Odo being the new Narga with high sharpness and Affinity) I hope the next game is mainly new with a few returnings, but not most of the roster returning. I cant be mad though, Love all the games

don't the raths have slight differences between their models in FU and 3U to reflect stuff like this?

Touch-ups from game to game.

Barioth had Narga's triple jump attsck in Tri. It was basically its replacement.

The differences were the flying attacks, the ice breath and the jump from the wall, but for the most part it was a neutered Narga on the ground.

I can now consistently get it to the last area without carting but I have less than 5 minutes left and when I wake it up velk starts spazzing out and jumping around the room spamming aoes so I can't hit it.

>the mental gymnastics to ignore the pink elephant in the rom that is that his Xbox-huge head is now a weakspot, even for hammer when it was always kind of a gag that Diablos, in theory total hammer bait, was a terrible match-up for it

It did? I guess its slipped my mind, i just mainly remember it taking the tail slap, but that barioths was noticably slower with him dragging it on the ground while narga just swipes it

Eh that's more just that the Raths actually got new models when they were touched up for 3rd gen. Every other returning monster from 3rd and 4th gen was reusing PSP models with touchups. And now everyone gets new models for world.

>head
Literally only hammer and ranged, GS and most other weapons barely touch it. GS actually mainly stunlocks (yeah, the new meta of GS) stunlocks the front legs.

I've made it to HR but I can't find a weapon that feels perfect. Sucks man.

But you are the one shitposting while no one ever alleged Xeno's hindlegs are weakspots?

5 Hunts yes, two with me and my bro, next 2 with Randoms. After seeing how the flinch shot worked in the third hunt we dropped him on the 5th no problem.

But you are the one hoopdoop de doop phhbhlbhblthblt *belch*

Branchydose

Attached: 44924078_p11.jpg (1295x848, 614K)

I've read somewhere that the ugly-ass gen 1 Raths have not been replaced by the newer ones, but still exist as their own distinctive species.

I doubt it's true, though.

How does the flinch shot works? Sometimes it works other times the monster doesn't seem to care.
Also holy shit, Velkhana screams more than a fucking banshee.

saving this thread

Attached: 8ea97788a1bfa6632a3edbe66cccbe91.png (800x1131, 1.12M)

Does she get fucked by Barioth?

Only when not in rage, technically you can only do it once every non-rage.

With all survivors!

Attached: 59572675_p0.png (1888x2175, 3.19M)

Do they patch hitboxes now?
Because holy fuck velk and tigrex are absolutely atrocious for hitboxes.
Velk might as well have uragaan's tail and tigrex is probably just a fucking giant chammy in disguise.
The fact Nargas tail slam isnt the worst hitbox in a MH game is actually a feat.

I hope not, bestiality is shit.

>brain literally malfunctioning

As someone whos first official game in the series was genUXX, i feel i reached the monster hunter maturity level to give my full opinion on how i feel about world!
>start mon gen u ultimate
>starts of slow and a bit boring, but slug through it
>get to high rank monsters
>start getting good
>jump online for online quest
>complete low ranks all the way up to G3 solo before i even need help
>have completed all quest except G rank event quest cause no one ever wants to do event quest
>have reach rank 350 online and spend my time now messing around and helping others for fun
Im officially a mon hunter veteran
>since gen uXX release have put in 1000 hrs of gameplay
>have completely adapted to hunter mentality
>hate people who cart at the start of a hunt
>hate being on teams who cant take out 2 high lvl monsters within ten minutes
>have become very impatient with waiting in the lobby more than five minutes

Now for what i hatge about world:
The music is FUCKING GARBAGE!
Westernized music is boring and unmemorable compared to the happy unique music of mon gen ultimate

The ARMOR is also FUCKING GARBAGE and lacks the "pop" that mon gen U has for its armor sets.
This seems to to the use of "muh realism" bullshit and using realistic colors instead of the cartoony look of the previous gens.
All the armors in the demo just dont stand out.

The ENVIROMENTS have TO MUCH SHIT all over the place and its distracting.
It distracts the player from the main focus of a hunt: THE FUCKING MONSTER!
All the extra realistic shit in the enviroment is unnecessary clutter.

Its almost hard to see what you can and cant interact with unlike Gen U you can visibly see gathering points and things you can and cant interact with.

The sounds monsters and weapons make seem VERY TONED DOWN!
Monsters sounds seem so low comapred to Gen U and weapons almost have not feeling of imapct on hitting monsters!

I can see why old school veterans form previous gens hate this shit!

Attached: lol generations the best.jpg (1280x720, 213K)

MHW narga is pretty fun.

>Put on Rocksteady mantle
>Clutch claw Brachydios
>Fucking explode
This is going to be fun.

Do you think Iceborne will take a long time to get cracked? I'm dying to play it

cont:

All the stupid gimmicks like the graple claw that the game almost encourages you to use!

THE ONLY THING I WANT TO SPAM OVER AND OVER AGAIN IS UPPERCUT INTO RAPID SLASH WITH MY SWITCH AXE ON A MONSTERS FUCKING FACE!

NOT SOME DUMB GRAPPLE SHIT OR OTHER GIMMICK SHIT!

Game is a step backwards in almost every sense!
Fast travel is stupid becasue your suppose TO HUNT THE FUCKING MONSTER!
Not jump to where it is every time it moves!

Only thing thats seems better is gathering faster!

Dont even think games is worth getting even with Iceborn

Attached: beautful nasim 4.jpg (1280x1284, 128K)

But when the hitboxes ar fixed like with odogaron people complain that the monster can't hit them
Velkhana 's hitboxes are pretty good even

I'm not doing any sorts of mental gymnastics, I'm just having a conversation
It seems you're ignoring the fact that his horns are BIGGER than his "Xbox-huge head", and that a majority of your attacks are going to connect on the horns
Only certain down-swinging attacks from the left or right of his head are going to connect on the head, otherwise they're swinging from the side and hitting horns or neck, not including Diablos' movements
The weapons you have when encountering Diablos in World are going to be bouncing more often than not around the head unless they're particularly high motion value attacks

As for how Diablos' face is more susceptible to bludgeoning in World, I think it's fair for consistency's sake that the hammer bait parts actually work like you'd expect them too, otherwise you're just bonking the stomach for whatever reason like in FU

Those points would be valid if I didn't need to buy a fucking nintendoshit console to play the older games, and don't even come to me with emulator shit because I tried and it was total garbage to play, so just let me enjoy MHW on my PC,

1 week

Attached: 1546981099695.png (687x553, 138K)

is this listfag's new gimmick

You guys are dumb as fuck jesus fucking christ. We all know monsters has be dumb down since world released. They gonna do it to every monsters. Just fucking stop and play the game. Fucking jesus christ

>Fixed
No, if the monster can't hit you even when his jaw is inside your model it's still shit

HE IS BACK !!!
Hi bro, let's play some MHW

Please kill yourself.
Probably.

Bitching about clutch claw? defending mantles? seems so.

Yea, I'm pretty sure that's going to be the excuse. DRAGON ENERGY CALLED THEM.

Whatever. I'm still buying it because of G-rank, I just wish they made more new monsters.

That would have been ideal, like that moose-raptor is obviously Barroth, but they made it a whole lot different in attack and looks. If they did that with more monsters, I would have been a whole lot happier.

Attached: 69032832_p8.png (1024x768, 707K)

>The ARMOR is also FUCKING GARBAGE and lacks the "pop" that mon gen U has for its armor sets.

Oh you're the same guy who said that the old barioth is better than the new barioth in MHW.
Simply pathetic.

I hope clutching Brachy's horn/hands just instantly slimes you
It'll be funny as fuck to watch people dying to that

They always had an "out" for old monsters returning, the elder crossing thing. Some sort of migration that alot of monsters take because of how the rotten vale/elder crossing works (they somehow attract old monsters even from across the ocean).

>The ENVIROMENTS have TO MUCH SHIT all over the place and its distracting.

I imagine you don't drive right ? too much for your brain.

That doesn't happen though

I really enjoyed MHW and think it's a very good game!
I'm really looking forward to Iceborne next week!

Same

Is she about to become a mother?

Blatantly lying or you never fought Odogaron

Mother to all Barioths

Attached: Dg7xi0eUwAACn6U.jpg orig.jpg (942x662, 141K)

>and weapons almost have not feeling of imapct on hitting monsters!

Attached: tenor (2).gif (250x256, 1.27M)

Fuck man I'm a PC player, but hope you guys have fun with it, until the game releases on PC I will learn some SnS.

Does any slinger ammo work? Even stones?

Show me this happening in a webm or something and I might believe you listfag

Doesn't stop their face from appearing on the screen as if I'm actually going to stop and read it. How about just not have NPCs talking to you during quests because it's supposed to be a solitary undertaking. You know everything Freedom Unite's opening encompassed.

>Anyone I disagree with is listfag
Ok

Where's the webm

This is already more brand new monsters than any previous G rank entry. They usually only get a flagship and a final boss then a bunch of subspecies and returning monsters.

>Freedom Unite's
>the game that introduced Palicoes and thus made hunting no longer a solitary experience

You might not be him, but you have the same brain capacity.

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA STOP SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT WORLD AAAAAAAA

NOOOO THESE RETARDED CATS ARE RUINING MY IMMERSION

Attached: 63141926_p0.png (800x800, 226K)

>TFW no huntress GF that turns into a monster and you have to take care of her.

You mean those optional cats that can sit at home and do nothing while you go on all the quests by yourself? Still feels very solitary to me. Completely the same as having the commander and handler telling you things you can already see for yourself with no way of turning it off.

If there's someone else with you then it's not a solitary experience FUbaby

Stop acting like a tard, hunting has not been a solo job for quite some time.

Yet another completely different user, but is right, Barioth was never a Narga reskin, but he very much was just a weaker narga with an ice breath. His ground moveset really suffered from lack of innovation even if the rest was pretty cool.

I get the feeling he's well aware of that.

Hey dudes

Attached: 44924078_p48.jpg (874x679, 209K)

>how about we make you hunt a monster in 15 minutes while also giving you a forced tutorial and no camp selection until you beat it
Bravo, Capcom.

j

Back to the trash can with the other frontier shit.

Cats in FU were really retarded. They fixed their AI in later games, but more often then not they used to throw bombs at you instead of helping.

No because I'm on xbox.

those replies are three seconds apart

Yup

>Cats in FU were really retarded
>implying they weren't sabotaging you on purpose

I am trying to use the GL but it is hard as fuck to do anything. Is it just constant shield poking because anytime I try to do something else takes fucking forever to do.

i cant do it as lance i timeout and way too hard to sty agressive

No.

Attached: FrontierGen-HC_Dyuragaua_Render_001.png (1545x1129, 1.37M)

Yeah you have to make a private mp session to bypass the cutscene

If you want to Lance Velkhana you pretty much have to go full evade Lance, blocking takes too much time.

So you're saying that the great war between humans and palicoes that turned the world into grug planet is canon?

What do dragon pods shut off vs velk? The spawn and drop ice boulders move?

Palicoes were allies of the elder dragons and even now they work to ensure man's downfall.

Get out, Barioth is better than you. And it's the worst of the trio.

I'm gonna miss this set in higher tiers of play.

Attached: 1546912095176.jpg (1200x821, 93K)

Why would a monster that literally rams things with its head have a fucking glass jaw? It makes more sense for it to be almost completely resistant to damage on the head.

Turns off his cinderella crystal dress.

Bomb comrades are outright useless because of how long it takes for them to reach their target and throw the actual bomb. Only time it's every useful is against Kut-Ku, but at then same time that throws the monsters into an instance rage so it's a double edged sword.

You've been outclassed, son.
youtube.com/watch?v=25OPn3gzFz8

Attached: 1394244283104.png (450x450, 20K)

I think the most OP gunlance strat is getting a good wide gunlance and just spamming normal shots. They're very quick and deal a ton of damage, making it easy to knock down the monster and then follow up with some cool combos

Because the horns and cranium are the parts actually involved in the headbutt, nothing says they have to have a strong jaw or that trying to slash its eyes out shouldn't be effective.

Why is velkhana suddenly very attractive to me

The 10 million Destiny refugees who got sucked into World hype sure do.

>suddenly
Faggot

will pc release with all the post launch patches and dlc? or do I have to wait for those too

I got my kill on the ice griffin thing, but fuck that is not fun in the least.

Fighting zoners is not fun, and by god does this thing zone. With flight, a 'get away from me' super, and the double back hops, it felt like I was spending a good third of the fight just running after it.

This with the fact that it is not very threatening, none of its moves are hard to dodge and it can't fake you out. Its entire kit seems to just be about keeping you at range and hoping that you suddenly lose the ability to roll or hop slightly sideways. Or that it breaks the camera. Ice wall camera bullshittery seems to be its real only threatening move.

It feels less like a fight and more like an a raid boss. Its moves are really just ffxiv AoEs without the indicators (super telegraphed circles or rectangles you gotta dodge). It feels more designed to have retards kart against (like people fucking dying to teo supernovas) than anything else. It didn't feel that much like you were fighting it than chasing it down through all the icicles.

It's just not a fun fight.

It looks like the product of an entire night of buttsex between Zinogre and Tigrex.

Bulls have horns and charge/ram their heads into things but still have fragile points on the top-center of their skull
You can look at videos of sheep killing cows by headbutting between their horns, it's not unimaginable

>a 'get away from me' supe
What, the rolling ice circles? You can get inbetween the waves of ice like AT Xeno's radial explosions and not get hit.

whats the problem here

it wasnt that bad to me except the time limit. im probably gonna have iceblight res every time i fight it though because fuck popping nulberries, iceproof mantle lets you pressure the fuck out of him.

Attached: Be grateful frontier is dead.png (829x440, 261K)

Come on, Frontier wasn't that bad.

Yeah if you don't have to worry about the ice clouds and can pack an actually decent armor set that still includes Guard Up you can probably just power through every ice blast with guard dashes. It'll be like the Vaal fight really.

It was dogshit. A mistake. An abomination.

Is there two stages to its ice armor?

He's basically helpless once you reach him. His close range game is pathetic.

It's when he pulls shit like tail stab backhop x 2 -> tail spin to hit the air -> circle or aerial charge -> land charge past you once you reach him -> back hops again when you reach him again.

I just want to hit him.

No but breaking ice weakens certain attacks, and breaking 3 parts of the ice coat causes a special flinch where the rest comes off.

Amen

You're right. It was worse.

Attached: FrontierGen-Zenith_Tigrex_Render_001.png (1456x1440, 1.73M)

I feel that Glavenus and Velkhana's tail attacks should have gone to a new scorpion monster instead.

Attached: D6XZHUoUEAIDSDm.jpg orig.jpg (1685x1544, 168K)

Not near as excessive as Nergigante.

Which weapons are overpowered? I just started a bit ago and I want to play something that won't make things too easy.

>how dare they change the attack!! this has totally never happened in the past!!! fuck you capecum!!!!
something along these lines

Reminder to shit on Frontier as always and dab on its grave

Attached: 4418951_p0.png (1000x1000, 334K)

Will MHW add nargacuga blanco

Because it's not fucking fun repositioning and waiting 5 minutes while the monster spazzes about and attacks trying to hit the one zone on said monster that allows for good damage. Its artificial difficulty and padding.

They should add him to Iceborne.

Only Bow gets retardedly strong but that takes endgame equipment, and Cluster spam HBG is cheesy at best but unusable in multiplayer. Both are being nerfed in Iceborne so just play what you like.

How would you feel if they brought back Stygian and they brought over some of the attacks they gave it in Frontier??
youtu.be/7SeL0x6HKrI

I would prefer everything and anything fronturd gets deleted and forgotten.

this picture cherrypicks the monsters designed to have good hitzones. great jagras is the weakest monster in the game by design and vaal hazak is a puching bag with a gimmick. the more you know

It's not like Frontier is any worse than these literal whos, which are bland and uninspired according to .

Attached: mhw newcomers.jpg (1920x1710, 1.56M)

Did they really need to make Stygian of all things look edgier?

I still can't get over the fact the Magnet Spike gave you a goddamn handgun. At least the bowguns are just fancy crossbows.

Neph your trip

Come on now, the Magnet Spike was fun.

The best part is the magnet gun is also a phial as well. Truly the best fidget toy.

Attached: magnet dookie.jpg (1689x1791, 423K)

It's shit just like all things frontier

What, don't like the new additions they gave to mainline monsters?
youtube.com/watch?v=jA8LPywjkWg

Who said they were bland and uninspired design wise? They're just boring to fight after a while even if you buff their damage through tempered and AT means.

We should all celebrate when they pull the plug.

AT Nerg fights pretty differently from regular Nerg.

Giving up on Velkhana solo. Convince me otherwise, Yea Forums

Attached: 1521030729558.jpg (500x541, 210K)

What weapon

How difficult are lance and gunlance to play?

LS>CB>GL>GS
SA and LBG i tried and am a shitter at both

Jergigsnte's spikes make sense and they're not random, since it's a porcupine dragon. That thing is just an eyesore.

Hi listfag.

Attached: 1567133927713.png (504x952, 170K)

Learn the timings for draw attacks on the head and time your TCS to hit him as he gets back up, you can nearly headlock him if done right

Not at all. Lance in particular gets pretty solid once you know how to use all of its movement options.

You just gotta get used to not having a roll. Lance's moveset is incredibly simple and relies entirely on knowing the monster so you can just counter/guard dash/sidestep your way through everything and never stop hitting weakpoints.
Gunlance has a few playstyles based on the shelling type and has more attack commitment and less defensive options than Lance but hits like a truck.

Looking at gameplay, what niche is the Magnet Spike supposed to fill? It seems to mostly swing like a LS while also having a very long charge up attack and the magnet gimmick.

I heard that from a number of people so I finally decided to try it out during the festivals marathon. Can't say I noticed much of a difference, just a Nergigante that can hit a lot harder. Is it weapon dependent thing because I used CB and approached as if I were fighting the standard and did pretty alright.

>Forgetting that Nergigante completely disregards ED powerlevels, which is a bigger problem than lolspikes.

Attached: 1520647507888.png (998x619, 1.44M)

>Gunlance has a few playstyles
You're going to mostly rely on slam rotations because anything else is just worse, however.

You didn't notice the instant slam, the quicker enrage and constant spike regeneration? Don't know what to tell you

so what's the go to bowgun for stickies? they all seem to have very high recoil/reload. Or is that just something that goes with playing a sticky build?

I've been less picky about designs ever since 4U incorporated dark and light dragons.

Attached: 1537140676315.png (600x437, 146K)

Well obviously they all use the same physical attacks but which shelling type you have will change whether you go with poke -> shell -> poke -> shell -> slam loops or full bursts or just charged shelling if you want to be lazy.

Nobody cares about powerlevels outside of three autists. Nerg is just a hungry hedgehog.

>beta hunting horn = 200 fire
>beta dual blades = also 200 fire
Did they change the way element numbers display? That seems like a crazy amount of element for a DB.

Yeah that's why everyone I see uses slapstick, right?

Attached: 4459364F-1A2F-4448-A182-3CBEF6F68983.jpg (250x250, 20K)

>in game Nergigante is the easiest hunt and a massive jobber
>storywise essentially he is "but you don't understand, Nerg is the strongest, he can beat all elder dragons. Look at these turf wars as proof"
Kinda sad that their flagship is so shit the only fights it wins are scripted ones.

Nerg is just the embodiment of grug in dragon form
Imagine if your Hunter had Flinch Free 3 and constantly regenerated HP at all times

Just abuse ledges, user.

But AT Nerg is the hardest AT

Obviously there was changes to AT Nergigante, but my overall strategy was more or less same as fighting a regular one. Just didn't feel all the different to me honestly.

Sticky build? Just grab the damn things and shoot them at the head. As long as your reload speed is slow you're fine, resetting your aim for the targeted body part while using ammo with high recoil is such a non issue. I guess if you want you can gem in for KO so monsters stun easier. And what said; using ledges to reload is hella useful.

Yeah, it really is the optimal playstyle. Explosions look cool but they're a DPS loss unless the monster has nothing but shitzones.

Beta numbers are always bullshit they throw in for however they want to balance the demo.
Element in general is getting buffed so we might see some crazy shit with DBs and SnS.

>powerlevels

>Elder Dragon specifically has the 'hunts other Elder Dragons' niche
>Somehow surprised that it loses to not only something that isn't an Elder Dragon, but also something that hunts Elder Dragons just as well as it does
Nergi is just raw muscle, bone, and anger with some Dragon Element pumping through it.

thus do worldsperms slowly dismantle everything that made MH a unique and well-loved IP

>WAH WAH WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THIS BORING AND TEDIOUS FIGHT WITH TEN MINUTES OF GETTING DEFLECTED
>BOUNCING OFF MOST OF THE MONSTER MEANS IT HAS SOOOOOUL

his demeanor makes him absurdly sexual

>not playing on spaghetti language
I don't understand a thing but I'm sure it's kino.

reminder that boomerfags only hate world because their mindless GS tactics of waiting for the monster to retardedly spin right into their attack is no longer viable

god jannies you are faggots who do it for free and you banned me for petty shit like posting in off topic threads and abatap posting on Yea Forums, but you guys have been btfoing listfag so hard its hilarious.

ive seen him trying to post as a mod complaining about multiple threads and threatening shit about /vg/, i can only wonder what your moderation logs look like lmao

You've beaten Velkhana with your weapon of choice right Yea Forums? You're not a shitter are you?

Attached: 6c781071b2577facd7e561143c878367108c2326_hq.jpg (320x320, 10K)

>WAAH WAAH IF I TYPE IN CAPITALS MY ARGUMENT HAS MORE WEIGHT

so where's the fucking leaks?

So you never fought lunastra or any monster thats not jagras or vaal

Frontier abominations are objectively stupid. But Nergcina is a whole new level of stupid with how it ignores elder powerlevels in mainline. A spiked turd should not have any right to chokeslam Fatalis, let alone a black one.

Attached: 50125462_p2_master1200.jpg (1200x1050, 692K)

so what fun events has capcom lined up for us pc players while we wait for Iceborne?

It was sarcasm, dude. I rarely see anyone use it despite slapstick being the best. Shit, even Normal is a rare sight.

If you love shitzones so much go fight Lunastra

Makes me wonder how Nerg would fare against Vaal Hazak, Alatreon, or even Gogzomisos.

Attached: 1423626289378.png (819x504, 366K)

Nah, i understand it because i'm from Spaghettistan. Italian videogame dubs are usually mediocre at best and MH is no exception.

I WANT TO FUCK ALL THOSE MONSTERS

Nothing, clean up anything you have left to do in HR, stock up on Whetfins, and play some other stuff until January.

He'd probably just facetank the Effluvia from Vaal but as we saw from Zorah he can't really do much to anything physically stronger than he is.
Might kill a Gog from sheer persistence but I could see him getting tarred and blown to hell, forced to retreat, before he manages to chip Gog down.

As general rule of thumb - elders which are fought on their special arena map and aren't roaming regular maps are a tier above the rest.

He'd win because he's fueled by your tears

>your weapon of choice is SnS

Attached: 1564007607521.jpg (960x599, 384K)

>monster slowly turns around on a rigid axis and places its head directly in front of your hunter
look guys! I'm a weakpoint sniping god!

Will it still be the best?

With the ability to GP out of normal combos into the new stake, it seems shotgunning might be worth while.

Yes
>
grug has man door hand hook car door now, grug isn't afraid of big monster moving anymore.

Teach me your ways senpai, i cant do enough damage

Isn't white privilege fatalis the stronger one?

>implying a nerg could even find a gog.

Gog is the sneakiest monster in the series.

A 10-story tall ninja.

Tbh Gunlance has come a long way, it was just sad in second gen.

The GP is limited by having slinger ammo to load into your GL but you can just grab environmental ammo for it so it's not too bad, maybe a couple uses per room.

Sub 5 GL run lol

Source?

I'd be that rocks are gonna be its main thing.
It just seems like a good 'oh shit button' and a nice way to punish roars/big attacks.

Since GP a roar into stake seems like a very good way to start a fight.

I fixed Nakarkos, since hitzones are outdated, boring, and obviously add nothing of any worth to Monster Hunter gameplay nor have ever added anything

Attached: BkYjx5k.png (1000x459, 66K)

Beta is better than full game because hunting time is actually meaningful

If gunlance becomes the strongest weapon in iceborne I'd be happy for them. They've seemed like slow and inadequate damage for too long.

>ever playing the beta for monster hunter games
ill just wait until the proper release like i always have. id much rather fight the monsters in context with gear ive worked for than try to deal with preset bullshit.

Attached: 1555617831105.png (411x412, 296K)

>not getting good times in arena/challenge quests

It's just like Arena quests, user. You do those, right?

Oraoraoraoraoraora!!!

Attached: Tonfas.webm (850x480, 2.93M)

>Needing muh optimized set to overcome some bitch nigga monster
Embarrassing.

Attached: B3A2486A-55AC-4588-B684-BAE1AA632F46.png (250x448, 206K)

Gunlance was better in gen 2 than in 3 and 4. All they added to it were more shitty gimmicks that no one uses anyway. It wasn't until World that they actually tried fixing the weapon.

Even you must admit a 15 minutes time limit as the only source of difficulty is pretty gay.

I see youre a true vet just like me

>nips constantly directing Velk into walls for 1K damage and long downtime
is that the clutch claw people are complaining about?

Attached: 1522598910398.jpg (388x443, 30K)

Nergigante

Attached: 1563090930612.jpg (800x800, 596K)

I'll wait for the full game because adjusting the options setting in the beta gets tedious every startup

Attached: 48583152_p12.jpg (1257x629, 189K)

Some of the silliest fights I've seen in my entire life. The last video should earn an award for being most anime thing ever because when it enters its second phase the screen cracks and shatters and the monster gets 'reborn'.
youtube.com/watch?v=mC13z3IZlgo
youtu.be/b-CnndyHTPc
youtu.be/Z0AUqNDPLdE

Are there ANY good frontier designs?

Frontier's monsters are pretty solid. They're mostly based around evasion+2 but given the amount of skills you get in the game it's not a problem.

Attached: Rock slam.webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

Nope. Not a single one.

not yet, i had a party of retards dying and we timed out

Attached: GS parry.webm (1920x1080, 2.94M)

It forces you to actually learn the monster and take risks

>wore the tzitzi set until i got the dante set
>used that until i got the dante set
>used that until I could solo at teo for the dante layered
>finally using drachen now because im lazy
yeah....optimized...

Attached: 1556994634411.jpg (860x859, 61K)

L I C K

Attached: aaaaah.webm (1920x1080, 2.43M)

>Frontier's monsters are pretty solid.
>posts neon abomination
Jesus, what is that?

Attached: 1526482060.nelsonnoir_rukodiora.png.jpg (1280x1050, 227K)

We don't need tonfas, but I really do want a fist weapon so we could beat monsters.

Wrong pic, I assume.

Wait, is frontier fucking dead?

I'm still trying to figure out how that works. If I could get that down maybe I could kill that fucker.

soon, thankfully

oops, I fucked up the webm

Attached: aaaaah.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

>everyone ignores the hitzonefag's shitposting in favor of the classic Frontier shitflinging
You guys are alright

Attached: 43647731_p36.jpg (751x688, 149K)

Yep. They're pulling the plug and flushing the turd down at the end of the year.

Ah fuck tonfas acted like little pilebunkers? Fuck I love pilebunker weapons.

Boy I sure hope I'm not wasting my time making this Divine Slasher.

It's shuting down 26 december unfortunately.

Quite a bit. Espinas is generally well liked. They also managed to make the drome better.

You learn the monster through spending time with it, not being forced to take 15 minutes per attempt.

>grab rocks
>claw onto head
>mash circle until facing wall
>R2
>wait for monster to rage and calm down again (equip agitator for easy option)
>repeat
I have only played solo but is that not everything there is to it?

>frontier.webm
stupid shit like this is why i stopped playing it. why cant they just make fun hunts? why did everything have to be arena wide aoe bullshit that just kills you through the mandatory guts skill?

Attached: 1555733416850.jpg (1151x662, 220K)

Super fire diablos. His design isn't the best but his fight is fun

Attached: black rathian.webm (1920x1080, 2.97M)

I actually enjoyed arena quest with preset gear.

As far as i can tell you only get 1 chance at head turning and 1 chance at flinch shot launching into walls between enrages, but the two dont have to be done in the same grapple. Like i can grapple>turn them>end grapple>regrapple>flinch shot launch them in a direction. God knows you arent supposed to do it that way but if you fuck up its worth remembering

Taking 15 minutes per attempt is literally spending time with the monster.

Seems like it's the guy from yesterday who had the 5 min gunlance time. twitter.com/gunlancehaiizo

>we will never get a reskin of that armor and play as George Washington punching monsters to death

Scary how similar this is to Velkhana's downward ice beam.

>mash circle until facing wall
Except when I do that the monster screams or sneezes a little too hard and I fall off.

ant monster when?
>worker ants have about 75% health of a great jag
>phermone based attacks so if one gets a hit nearby ones swarm
>queen is defenseless but attacking her causes the workers to frenzy

Attached: eciton-burchellii-army-ants.jpg (640x480, 140K)

Attached: zenith gs chain counter.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

Haven't leaked anything after 3 years in the industry, but this post has really tempted me. Just gonna drop this here and let it get buried

> Alatreon is in, set up to be a big deal
> After doing enough damage, fight gets cut short by Nerg
> Alatreon gets wrecked and its essence or whatever gets absorbed by Nerg? (it's not actually explained, you just have to take it at face value)
> New quest: Repel Ruiner Nergigante
> Very different fight. He's stupidly fast, but he tweaks out like a meth addict and starts clawing at himself. That's your opening
> His attacks can take on ANY elemental property, and the colors/shape of his spikes change to indicate which
> I'd be lying if I said it didn't look a bit like the OP...

It's actually a pretty weak attack, either get to a safe spot or simply regen with an immunizater or a skill.

Velkhana's beam has tons of safespots, actually rewards good positioning.

Please god no i cant even look at EDF because the giant ants freak me the fuck out

>Haven't leaked anything after 3 years in the industry, but this post has really tempted me
sure thing

Attached: 1558712335504.png (446x448, 357K)

>Queen Altaroth
pls no

you are unironically missing out on one of the most fun games ever

damn you kept to your standards until this one random post about MH powerlevels just drove you to the edge

mobile.twitter.com/gunlancehaiizo/status/1167832591241625602
Can't speak moon. Probably doesn't have recording software?

kek
I really like Frontier's GS the parry and running around is fun.

Attached: frontier waifu.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

Nice LARP, mate.

Were there any new leaks in the last couple of days? I am kind out of the loop atm

What were they supposed to do here?

>deliver 5 Queen Mushrooms

Attached: 31d.gif (260x187, 156K)

He's got a youtube channel so hopefully he had recording/streaming going and it'll get up later. I can't read moon either so here's hoping.

I got a leak for ya!

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.49M)

The only thing with jiggle physics in that entire game and I only know this because she appears at the end of this video.
youtu.be/QoTLBw4KBp8

Have you fought the Rathalos that can actually decrease your overall health?
youtube.com/watch?v=0NENYcdp5IE

If I had a gun to my head and had to choose either World's polished, grounded-in-kind-of-reality fights, or Frontier's hard-ass mechanical insanity, on gameplay alone I'd choose Frontier. There is more value for me in fights that are hard, crazy, and always on the brink of getting shit on.

The attack has an extremely long windup. You can either run to one of the safe spot or tank the attack with an immunizater or whatever skills that let you recuperate red health.

>I'd be lying if I said it didn't look a bit like the OP...
Nergigante is Velkhana, confirmed.

>Deliver 3 Virgin huntresses to Yama Tsukami

>fire a flashpod in front of paolumu
>lol nah
>btw wind pressure
FUCK PAOLUMU

You can get mega barrel bombs from your item box in the tent at camp

I'd love to see nergigante get btfo by white fatalis for his intro

I am, yes. But the formula is far from being perfect for my taste. I'm not a fan of games with RPG elements, grind etc. I tried World because monsters designs are fucking great, and all weapons are a lot of fun to play with.

But overall those kind of games just suck the time out of your life. There is just way too much grinding/looting.
I'm more of an arcade-ish games player.

This leak is not good enough. Post something more interesting. Take a picture of the new decorations and skills.

I think the pink guildie also has jiggle physic I'll try to capture it.

Old Narga is much faster and doesn't have such a long opening after the attack.

Are you blind?

Can somebody please post the MHGU weapon/style meme grid?

Attached: 25m0ib.jpg (1000x750, 103K)

Attached: Zenith Pobo.png (523x235, 60K)

>Vaal
Nerg would probably destroy him. I find it troubling to think Vaal could even beat Gore.
>Alatreon
Draw
>Gog
Nerg loses.

undefensible

I can't do it, I can't beat the ice cunt. I can get him limping but that's it. I'm so fucking shit.

Attached: 14543536345345.png (359x337, 225K)

Hey i love world and frontier both. I wouldn't mind a bit of insanity tied into world. It's not one or the other, i love all mh games that i have played.

Attached: ecliptic meteor.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

Hit monster harder with fancy hunting stick

ive got this niggers moveset down with GS. He can't fucking touch me but I can't dps good enough. Any tips?

Attached: 1497873342298.jpg (2505x2548, 1.47M)

Baruragaru has pretty interesting design desu

Thanks you very much

Hammer is the only weapon I really don't like and can't get into but fuck me it looks fun in frontier

hunt him online and dog pile his bitch ass, shock traps and para knives every time he even thinks of something chilly

wheres the one with prowlers

Yeah, first try, but I only had 4 seconds left. I honestly had more trouble with tigrex. Tigrex is not kind to people going for headshots. Honestly, I'll work the claws from now on until it falls down.

Attached: 1545026659088.jpg (3000x3500, 2.93M)

Since we're on the subject, which was your favorite?

Attached: 1368120057436.jpg (1440x900, 938K)

The right is a subspecies.

>shock traps
>elder dragon

So is there literally any legitimate reason why PC is still getting delayed content?

It's out in like 5 days

The GR Guildie, Cattleya

Please understand

What's with striker Dual Blades?

japs cant into pc

I was wrong

the pure maiden giving out the hunter road

Attached: pink waifu.webm (1920x1080, 2.39M)

wait it drops in 6 days? awww yeah nigga! finally something is distract me away truly from my fucking gf and it drops on payday too. Good goddamn yes.

Capcom is too stingy to hire a dedicated team for the PC port, and MHTeam doesn't want to embarrass themselves with a trash port.

ancient /mhg/ meme

Dash juice

because why make people pay one monies when they can coax them into paying 2 monies

I don't play GU so i don't get any of this
But what's up with that popcorn ice cream

Can someone post the IB longsword tree image

yeah the shock of a few hundred pounds of boulders fallin on his noggin

Attached: 1843747434.gif (200x200, 1.33M)

Consoletards have infinite revenue potential because they pay double for their internet monthly. PC is less so bc we can pirate and mod the game to our liking and it's only 1 time purchase. Console release is safer almost every time unfortunately.

shitty community deserve shitty official responses

Attached: 1564855435113.png (1628x2920, 2.28M)

Which is why the PC release was so good, right?

Attached: A69BE788-D924-4061-83BC-CFC7A861D1A6.jpg (960x960, 67K)

There's a version where someone actually came up with different images for each of the weapons for Alchemy, but it's almost never posted.
Guild and Striker Great Sword are vanilla in terms of how you play them.

>because they pay double for their internet monthly.
But Capcom doesn't see that money. Why would they care?

the best explanation I heard is that the PC port needs to be compatible with weaker machines as well as more powerful ones - so it requires more optimization. they are essentially having to port the game to weaker hardware

The Zorah LS is probably Namielle

>he doesnt know how to get ps+ for free
brainlet, have fun with a more polished console game after everyone has beat it and are probably playing post launch dlc. mods are shit now a days because every modder worth their salt is now trying to be the next playerunknown so you only have shit like toy story deviljho modded skins and cheat shit

What a load of bullshit when the only reason is that PC users would pirate their grandma if they had the chance

>consolewar autism flaring up
Friendly reminder that /mhg/ is the perfect place for you to screech with your austistic brethren!

Attached: ABB56D16-0D81-4752-BA0C-B741EF5A3407.jpg (470x334, 26K)

Yeah, we just miss the one under Tigrex

nah its autistic enough here bucko, this thread will archive soon calm down put your helmet back on

>horns
>claws
>white
>Large Wyvern Gem
>Non-elemental
White Monoblos?

>Monoblos
My boi...
Yeah no chances in hell. The gem is strange because it's under the Tigrex Mantle so it points to something generic?

Attached: 1566386661761.jpg (1536x1344, 1.41M)

I seriously doubt those are Acidic Glavenus weapons branching off from Vaal Hazak.

The monsters in base world that give Wyvern gem are Tobi, Jyuratodus, Paolumu, Diablos, Barroth, Radobaan, and Lavasioth. Could it be a variant of one of those?

>have fun with a more polished console game
Okay I will.

>R9 needs a LWGem
It doesn't add up if you ask me
The only possible Variant/Sub missing from that list is Jade Barroth but that would be ice element

How the fuck are you supposed to use the HBG when the monsters move around so much? Also when should I be using the special scope.

velkhana looks alot like griffith to me. so whos guts

Ebony Odogaron

monster hunter is for incel mass shooters

Whats so bad about sns adept style?

SA really needs a better way to get into the new heavy slam move. Its such a pain in the ass.

Attached: Berserk_v33_p074-075.png (2011x1440, 2.41M)

oh shit youre totally right never crossed my mind

It is done.
It only took 40 years.

>How the fuck are you supposed to use the HBG when the monsters move around so much?
By shooting them. Predict where the monsters will move and plan your movements accordingly so you're dealing constant damage.
>Also when should I be using the special scope.
Every chance you get, though special scope isn't all the special when all it does is allow you to shoot first person. It also seems to slow you down more than without it so unless you somehow can't aim in third person I don't see a reason to use the special scope at all.

Attached: D1E02956-F4C5-43BA-A461-DA45E144EB50.jpg (598x535, 37K)

>He's stupidly fast, but he tweaks out like a meth addict and starts clawing at himself
I wish this was true, tweaker Negigante sounds funny as fuck

Comparing ultimate version to vanilla re pasta this after mhw gain ultimate am sure it will age well.

Is Tigrex a poor monster to judge the weapon on since the fucker moves so much?

How do I cope until PC release?

Attached: 1552349219522.jpg (248x178, 11K)

Am I the only one that sees Nerg on the same level as EDs like Shaggy, Velkhana and Valfalk who are strong than the likes of Teo and Kush but not pushing Gog, Fatalis, Kulve, Alatreon, etc levels of power?

Man did you even play the games ? Can you do the same with old Lunastra and World's Lunastra ? Or you just know you're gonna be BTFO;
And nobody give a shit about your squid, that was one of the worst final boss of the franchise.

play frontier

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHY IS EVERYONE SO SHIT AT BEHEMOTH
These shitters keep double carting in under 7 minutes and then everyone else leaves and i need to look for a new fucking lobby just so the exact same thing can happen again ;-;

>shit game
No thanks

System?

finish you backlog user

nintendo 3ds

No. Tigrex is a perfect way to judge your weapon because you're recognizing what you can and can't do all while observing what you can improve if you do intend to keep using that weapon. Any weapon can beat any monsters, that goes without saying; obviously though some are better at the job or require extra effort but are equally as effective. Honestly with Tigrex there's nothing wrong with being liberal in terms of how you use flash pods. They're blinded for a decent amount of time and since you don't have to get in close unless you're using spread you can just pepper away without worrying about getting attacked. I'm pretty sure the HBGs in the demo give you sticky ammo so aim those at the head, in succession at that, to deal blunt and KO damage to not only not it out but tire it sooner.

Also don't be afraid to use traps if any are available to you because using HBG takes getting used to against fast targets. If HBG still feels too slow then try out the LBG.

Attached: 1500590718515.png (514x550, 210K)

>t.never played it

Attached: Spritefall.webm (1920x1080, 2.94M)

>just got World on PC
>get to enjoy monster hunter before enjoying more monster hunter

Attached: 1567091141403.jpg (1011x990, 292K)

>in group for ice bitch
>everyone struggling hard to dps
>time is getting low
>"alright its time to go all i-"
>faggot mounts her and they fly off to the other side of the area

Attached: 1566408338067.png (680x701, 292K)

>Still can't beat Velk after a full day of trying
Suffering.

youtube.com/watch?v=2NdhNSu1UgM

why does he clutch claw the wing twice at start?

This is my issue with this game and its like this with all returning monsters. I'm kinda excited about iceborne but after playing FU so long MHW made the monsters feel sluggish like they were permanently tired from MHTri. I would see my friend new to the series stuggle while I'd never get touched so I'd try to stay patient but holy fuck even pink rath walled them. It almost discourages me from trying this shit again even though I loved the series.

PC.

Attached: hayai.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

God damn Velkhana's theme sucks.

You need to claw attack twice to wound a part with LBG

MHW sns is a problem SnS were decent after MHG

GAS, GAS, GAS!

Attached: 5399826_s.png (1181x1748, 1.9M)

Absolute pleb taste
>the way the piano meanders in and out of the piece
pure beauty

Attached: 1477876352661.jpg (523x423, 47K)

did it hit a raw nerve? ironic.

Who here not a pleb and wont use the claw?
>but muh mandatory
I bet you use valor you casul

Demo monsters are a little tuned you have to use your whole kit items and all.

Who here not a pleb and wont use weapons at all? Just launching rocks with my slinger

How do you increase the damage dealt when knocking Velk on a wall? I deal ~200 but I've seen someone do 440.

Why do you regen stamina while moving and guarding but not when simply guarding? I would've assumed the opposite.

>it has a piano so it's good
The true pleb.

>rocks
If capture net isn't your only damage source you aren't a real monster hunter.

pre position and evade distance up Its usable without it but you have to be a god at positioning at that point since poor positioning will have you only taking a few potshots and having to dodge killing your dps

>it has a piano so it's bad
The true pleb.

The piano part is fine, but those horns at the very beginning are so god damn awful its not even funny.

Looking forward for the IB main theme, that battle versioj of it in the latest trailer when Velkhana siege was being shown was absolute tits

Attached: EC5r9uxU4AANQO.jpg (1920x1080, 580K)

Tundra's theme makes better use of the piano.

I guess it's to stop you turtling on the spot for ages, but you can just wiggle left and right and regain stamina while barely moving.

Seething capture net main

If you're not hunting monsters only with E&I you're not a real Demon Hunter.

So are we gonna get a turf war between Nerg and Velkhana?

It'd be alright if they'd used something other than more fucking brass. It's bad enough that those instruments don't fit the monster at all, but World already had a problem with overusing the brass section on top of that.

Attached: BRAAAAAAAP.jpg (680x741, 48K)

The track tells you nothing about Velkhana as a character, it's the most generic ice enemy track you could imagine.

You could literally say this about all the monsters

>the track tells you nothing about Bazelguese as a character, it's the most generic WWII bombing track you could imagine.

Bazel is a fucking WWII bomber, that's his character. Velkhana's theme is just a boring ice theme. Hell Hoarfrost Reach's theme is better.

Velkana is a fucking ice dragon, that's it's character.

That's a pretty shit character for a flagship. All the other flagships have great themes.

Reach's theme is great in general
>the notes that play when you go tooting with Legiana HH is the first notes that play in the Reach'a theme
Huh.

>"What incredible power! We better gear up to fight him in the real game"
I feel so insulted when the Handler says this as the only reason I lose is the overly strict time limit.

so one does nothing?

If you're really desperate you can post a room and I'll help.

>That's a pretty shit character for a flagship.
So you just dislike the idea of an ice dragon with an icy theme then?
Mainline is practically DUE for an ice dragon, closest we've gotten was kush, who can't even inflict iceblight.

Please, Bagel Juice's theme is iconic as shit. Those starting notes practically spell out "look who just came in and blew you up".

Yes, light weapons have to claw attack twice to soften a part.

The fight is designed around the time limit though.

Its not a bad flagship, it looks great and is a fun fight outside of maybe the breath spam. However like the other user said, the music doesn't fit it in the least.

> the music doesn't fit it in the least.
????
piano and violins are THE ice instruments in video games

I think most other ice area/monster themes in the main games are better than Velkhana's theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=-xK5XW1jJQU
youtube.com/watch?v=6tAbngwThiU
youtube.com/watch?v=056b35-DECY
youtube.com/watch?v=G2bglyEZbkY
youtube.com/watch?v=LLjQSSU0MqE
youtube.com/watch?v=9Ex1ETe6U9g

And are drowned out by BWAMMMMMMPPPPPPP

The whole thing cant just be piano and violins, or that would be too boring.

Listen to Uklanlos or Frozen Seaway. Those are better ice themes.

I like the brass. Velkhana is the ecosystem destroying, big-bad ice dragon that repeatedly tries to brutalize you with its tail during the fight, it fits to me.

Gonna be straight with you user, your taste kinda blows.

Ive duo'ed with people from here before for coop bosses and it didnt go well.
All i want is 3 other people who aren't mentally handicapped so i can get the final two pieces of drachen i need but in all 5 attempts thus far (of which ive died like once) everybody keeps fucking triple carting in under 10 minutes.
I just dont understand whats going on.

Attached: 1558870891945.png (406x720, 279K)

More monsters need attacks that just outright kill hunters.

It simply doesn't have the personality a flagship or Elder Dragon should have, the uniqueness. Look at Kushala's theme, as a perfect example:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LRXg9Zwxp9E

It sounds threatening, like you're facing a living and breathing calamity, there's even a sense of vertigo put in, fitting for the mountaintops he tends to frequent. Velkhana's just sounds cold and elegant, the attributes pretty much every ice enemy ever has.

Piano, strings and brass aren't the only types of instrument. A choir would have fit well as an alternative, especially with the whole 'singing' thing in Iceborne.

But velkhana's main characteristics, as exposed by the creators, are being a cold and elegant cunt.

Which is why it's so generic. You could give that to any ice boss and it would fit right in.

>Velkhana's just sounds cold and elegant
How is this a bad thing? That's the point of the monsters design. Just because other video games did it doesn't automatically make it bad.

While we are on the topic of themes, do you guys like Vaal's theme?

It still isn't proof of "his incredible power", since the dragon itself is not that threatening. If anything it's proof of time's power.

You could give Kushala's theme to any storm boss and it would fit. You could give Teo's theme to any fire boss and it would fit.

Not necessarily.
youtu.be/JaqJqUp03TA?t=51
Starts at 51 seconds. IG can soften a part with three hits of the claw itself followed by the actual clutch claw attack.

Time is the worst monster of all...

What do you know the ‘song’ is Velkhanas.

While I'm no Behemoth god I can confidently say I can help you. The "desperate" remark was more of a joke about playing with anons. You can definitely do it with randoms, though it'll be rough since you're rolling the dice on three competent players.

Not something I'd listen to on its own, but still one of the best tracks in World.

It's one of the few themes in World I'd say is really good.

I'm still in awe of how Kush's theme is pure kino while his fight is anything but.
Shit fight but i still come back just for the violins desu

Rotten Vale's themes in general is great. Vaal's nice too

I didn't say that, I said it would fit because it seems to be relevant to Iceborne as a whole.

>any storm boss
Absolutely not. The theme speaks of an immeasurable amount of power, a tragedy about to happen with no restraint whatsoever. You'd need a wind boss that is vicious and bent on destruction

I'm not. I fucking hate how it killed every other set and how ugly it looks.

>You'd need a wind boss that is vicious and bent on destruction
almost all of them?

Best flagship theme incoming youtube.com/watch?v=8eyRBYoKp48

Not really, given wind you can have a range of characters that are young, or carefree, or playful, for example, as wind can range from the gentle breeze to a hurricane. Destructiveness is but one aspect they can play.
Whereas ice is almost always elegant for some reason. Truth be told I wonder why that's the case.

>We'll never get OSTs on par with third gen's again

Check out the concert version, at 49:28
bilibili.com/video/av36947938/
Bazel is pretty fucking nice too

What autist fucking thinks a song tells about the monster's character? Its a fucking soundtrack, Capcom could replace Nerg's theme with Darude sandstorm and you faggots would that shit up going "SOUL! THIS REALLY CHARACTERIZES MY MONSTER!" And make up any bullshit reasoning for it.

When frontier ends, how will I fill the hole in my life that extreme style switch axe has left?

A wind character embodied by carefreeness and gentleness wouldn't be a fucking bossfight.

If you want to be like that and take it simple you can sure, but a song can very well be a story told without words, music is great at transmitting sensations.

frontier

Sound design is ridiculously important when it comes to establishing an atmosphere. You can completely change the feel of almost any situation simply by changing the music playing over it.

t. brainlet

I would say that most of MH's ice monsters aren't elegant. Even Velkhana is just elegant on the outside, on the inside it's a brutal cunt.

MH team is unironically the one with the best sound direction as far as fitting theme goes
They even cut ice blocks 100 different ways to use for Velk's ice properties, in that gameinformer interview

If you really want the armor just bring your cat with the plunderblade

I do suppose this is finally a good time to actually bother getting all the palico shit...

While not a monster, I can give you an example I think gets the point across well. Vergil 3's theme from DMC3.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=R8I1Hku8GQk

Can't you hear the sad, conflicted tinge to the track? The conflict that both parts are going through emotionally, yet still choose to fight, knowing they can't sway the other's mind. You're free to think I'm an autist but I enjoy this kind of stuff a lot.

>Makes me wonder how Nerg would fare against Vaal Hazak, Alatreon, or even Gogzomisos.
For some reason people ignore the turf war mechanics. Whena monster is solidly above another monster it doesn't take damage in a turf war. brachy vs los and jho vs los have almost the same animations, but brachy and los both deal damage because they are on the same tier, while jho is unscathed. Nerg takes damage from kush and teo. He's on the same tier as them. Higher tier elders will push his shit in.

No shit sound design is important. I don't fucking get how you retards think velkhana's theme doesn't fit it. Apparently an ice dragon capable of causing blizzards and avalanches isnt a "cool enough" character for a boss? Are you saying ice doesn't pose as much danger as fire or wind? Clearly you haven't been in sub-zero temps

youtu.be/9EPwqjYcHIE
>cutting ice blocks with a sledgehammer
BASED RYOZO "GRUG ULTIMATE" TSUJIMOTO

That said, youtu.be/LldGkrogM1c clearly reflects iceborne's sound direction
>2:36 onward
ooh baby

We're talking about music here, you autist, not the dangers of ice.

>isnt a "cool enough" character
Damn It, Carlos.

Yes i saw that video. Pure soul, though the woman's swings had no power behind them. I wonder how much more impactful the ice attacks would have sounded had she done a full power hammer slam instead of taps

I never said any of that. I just personally don't think such a brass-led track fits Velkhana at all, and it causes it to blend in with a lot of World's other overly brassy tracks.

yeah dude so much epic soul behind a gook smashing ice with a hammer truly epic :)

Read the full fucking reply chain. An autist above was saying kushala had more character because "muh destructive wind"