Deb8

Deb8

Attached: left or right.png (1253x575, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ZJuLcakn3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=6BrN4ABIJKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Qo609jN95fI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is there anyone autistic enough to prove him wrong?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 41K)

>SA1
>Don't have to play the shit playstyles if you don't want to
>SA2
>Forced to play the shit playstyles

Sonic SA1 < Sonic/Shadow SA2
Gamma > Tails/Eggman
Knuckles SA1 > Knuckles/Rouge SA2
Amy and Big just exist

there is
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZJuLcakn3Y

youtube.com/watch?v=6BrN4ABIJKQ

Kids who were born around the time these games came out have a burning hatred for them

second games mechanics were way more tight and even with forced playstyles it was a lot of fun. this is my personal opinion. however, after playing the first i do miss the open hub worlds making it feel a bit more lived in and atmospheric.

what i want to know is WHO THE FUCK they got to master the sound in each game. holy fucking hell how is it so bad

>Watch it
>He's right
Why would anyone need to refute it? It's a mediocre game with a strong opening and a few good parts.
Though obviously he's wrong in saying that Sonic is all about "going fast with minimal platforming" considering that's fucking boost.

>Prodickpic mentions that there's misleading boxes outside of the arena in the first boss fight, which I had also noticed when I played it
>Responds with "I don't know why it's so important he feels he should be able to go outside of the arena"
Why should I listen to this man

I have SA2B to thank actually. When I was in middle school FoxKids (I think) had a contest to win the game for free. No purchase was needed, you just enter the contest with your email and that’s it. Back then contests didn’t have certain restrictions so I used junk email address of mine over and over again to enter the contest over and over again. After a month of doing that every single school lunch in the computer lap every single day repeatedly, I got the email that I won and they were shipping it to me, with no added information needed. Why was I so autistic about it you ask? Because I reasoned that if I won a GCN game, my parents would be forced to get me a GCN then. Safe to say my little scheme worked. My parents who never won a single sweepstakes, contest or lottery were shocked and happy that our family won something for free like that. We went to the local cosco and bought a GCN that came with some game I can’t remember too.

Shockingly enough I got a free Metroid Prime game too through some Nintendo power sweepstakes too shortly later after that. Boy that was good times.

The Sonic levels was the only good thing in both those games. Never understood the appeal of the Chao garden, but I always found raising and training npcs boring as fuck.

SA1. The treasure hunting and mech stages were downgraded in SA2

He's correct. SA1 is a better rounded game, even if the story is weaker the presentation and gameplay triumphs.

CANT HOLD ON MUCH LONGER...!

Left is barely playable

not me, i ran like sonic during recess

why do you need to go outside of the arena of a BOSS FIGHT

I'm autistic enough. Firstly, most of his complaints boil down to

>wah this doesn't fit my preconceived notions of what a sonic game should be

With that aside;

>Sonic
City Escape, Metal Harbor, and Green forest are all fantastic missions
Pyramid Cave and Final Rush are good/great
Crazy Gadget is Bad

>Shadow
Radical Highway and White Jungle are fantastic
Sky Rail is good/great
Final Chase is decent/servicable

>Eggman
Cosmic Wall is fantastic
Weapon's bed is good/great
Iron Gate, Lost Colony, Sand ocean are decent/servicable

>Knuckles
Pumpkin Hill and Meteor Herd are fantastic
Wild Canyon is good/great
Death chamber is decent/servicable
Aquatic Mine is bad

>Tails
Mission Street is good/great
Route 101, Prison Lane and Hidden base are decent/servicable
Eternal Engine is bad

>Rouge
Dry Lagoon is good/great
Security Hall, Route 280 and Egg Quarters is decent/servicable
Mad Space is bad

Cannon's Core is probably averagging out to good overall.

So combined, most missions are either fantastic are good/great, a little less as many are decent/servicable, and you have a few bad ones. So overall on average, the game's soemwhere between decent and good....except then also you have the chao garden, all of the alternate missions, the MP mode, the fucking 10/10 soundtrack, etc, which bumps it up further, i'd say around 8 to 8.5 territory.

>Knuckles SA1 > Knuckles/Rouge SA2

Never understood this. Yes, the radar change is sort of iffy, but the entire point of the stages are slower exploratory ones, people make it out like the change ruins them as if the faster you can beat them the better the treasure gameplay is, when rather Knuckles and Rouge are at their most fun on the more expansive stages that take longer where you have to actually seriously explore and can fuck around and chill out to the smooth rap and jazz.

They're like early 2000's techno remix CD covers. Love them.

while rouge/knuckles stages can be good depending on the person,tails and eggman stages are just bad

Attached: 1555474822354.jpg (680x680, 276K)

No they fucking aren't, aside from eternal engine at the absolute worst they are just sort of meh and boring.

Replace 2 with every Classic game, 3 with every Adventure game and Adventure 1/2 with every nu Classic game (Colors, Forces and the likes)

>meh and boring
so,bad? also
>PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 because its even funnier to look at than 2.

That's not the point of jared's argument. The point is that you see boxes to stand on, you run over to them, but they're out of bounds. It's misleading and not careful design even if it's mostly inconsequential.
The point of my argument was that the person responding to his video missed his intentions. I'm still listening to the video and he has done this a few times, such as when jared is talking about how the treasure hunting stages are slow and the characters are too fast, and he responds with something along the lines of "huh nice contradiction nerd" even though you can have a fast mouse speed in a seek-and-find but if the image is big enough, it will still be slow to complete and have an unruly cursor to boot. I do not share his opinion that they move too fast, but it's a flaw with his argument.
The responder is correct that jared used generalizations like "everyone" and "no one" too much though.

>Aquatic Mine is bad

Attached: 1557195857427.jpg (659x800, 57K)

>stonetoss

>so bad

No. Bad is bad. Meh means it's not parituclsrly gfood but it's not bad either. It's servicable. Which is what most of the mech stages are.

explain how it isn't

Did anyone tried the SA2B cutscenes fix mod yet?
Its out now.

>crazy gadget is bad
>green forest is fantastic
>final rush isn't fantastic
>mission street is good/great
That's some pretty shit taste.

>launch title vs end of life title
yall retarded

Attached: 1509471390417.jpg (630x296, 197K)

Sonic Adventure 1 is a game that I appreciate more as time goes on and Sonic Adventure 2 is a game that I appreciate less as time goes on.

I loved 1's freedom. The hubworld, the ability to do the story in your own desired order, and seeing how all the stories lined up and crossed over was fun. Additionally, although some people may see it as lazy. the repurposing of levels in SA1 to suit the different gameplay styles was brilliantly executed.

>Sonic
Do the level.
>Tails
Race through the level.
>Knuckles
Explore the level
>Amy
Do the level while under pressure
>Big
Relax and enjoy the scenery
>E-102
Destroy the level

Two had cleaner gameplay, but lacked the soul.

Except for this cutscene. This cutscene was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qo609jN95fI

>Pyramid Cave
>Not the best 3D level in a Sonic game
>Final Chase
>Not the second best 3D level in a Sonic game

Attached: 1562154113118.jpg (817x818, 358K)

Adventure 1:
Pros-
>more Sonic/Sonic style stages
>Knuckles stages weren't obnoxious
>Gamma's shooting stages felt more fluid
>story was more fun
>Exploring the adventure fields
Cons-
>Big
>Amy
>every port of the game is shit (I still cannot get the PC version to even fucking run)

Adventure 2:
Pros-
>no Big or Amy
>introduced new, fun mechanics like a streamlined lightspeed dash and rail grinding
>Eggman stages are fun as fuck
>I AM THE EGGMAN
>Better Chao garden
Cons-
>Tails stages are somehow boring as hell
>Knuckles-style stages suck ass
>slightly less stages in general despite having less playstyles to focus on

I prefer 1 over 2, but 2 has a better final scenario that's hype as fuck.

Based

I'd have to disagree. First of all, SA2 has better ports overall while only the Dreamcast version is even decent without mods.

Secondly, SA1 is a very loose feeling game. It feels like the world/physics can fall apart at any time, and sometimes they do. As Tails I once fell through Station Square to my death. SA1 has no extra missions that offer difficulty or replayability and it doesn't even have an option to replay the story, arguably the only reason to play the game as a framing device for the stages, since replaying missions is basic and unrewarding. Not only that, but having separate compaigns for each character means you have to rewatch the same cutscenes over and over again. While replaying the same levels over and over again, levels that are just spliced up Sonic stages instead of stages designed around that playable character. SA2 benefits from better, more focused level design and better physics for each gameplay.

"Soul" is relative and nostalgia based in your case. SA2 has a better story and you even admit it has cleaner gameplay, and I'd even say it has a more memorable OST.

Attached: f7cf2c1061db60b68bc3a0decddd8d571.jpg (554x800, 70K)

Except the Tails, Amy, Big, and E-102 campaigns are fucking awful. SA1 is dogshit. At least in SA2 only 1/3 of the game is bad.

only like 3-4 missions in SA2 are outright bad though

>crazy gadget is bad

That's correct, the gravity gimmick is really fucky with the bottomless pits, to say nothjing of the ending section of the mission

>green forest is fantastic
It is. It What don't you like about it?

>final rush isn't fantastic
Almost the whole stage is rail grinding, which can feel a bit static. The multiple paths are really cool but eh?

>mission street is good/great
It'd absolutely sya more toeards the good rather then great end, but yes.

Pyramid Cave would be up there with city escape, metal harbor, and green forest if not for the sections with the locked doors you need to get switches for which completely kill the mometum of the level, same for the ghosts.

>final chase
The gravity tubes fucking suck and bring the whole level down.

The hubworlds are shit, m8. There's not enough in them to make them fun or interesting and especially on repeat playthroughs they just waste time.

>muh knuckles SA1 stages were better

no they weren't, the level design was way less suited to it then in SA2

>That's correct, the gravity gimmick is really fucky with the bottomless pits, to say nothjing of the ending section of the mission
The gravity gimmick is easy to understand after a few attempts and the end section is very easily skippable.
>It is. It What don't you like about it?
There are enemies dotted everywhere and are sometimes way too far for a chain attack so it's way too easy to take a hit. That and none of the automated parts looked very cool.
>Almost the whole stage is rail grinding, which can feel a bit static.
It's about half at most and you still have to play actively with enemies, rail switching, etc.
>It'd absolutely sya more toeards the good rather then great end, but yes.
Again, way too easy to take a hit from enemies dropping out of the sky.

Colors and Forces are... nu classic? I don't see black eyes in Colors especially.

SA2 with SA1 style Hub.
Hubs are comfy