What game is the most Lynchian?

Attached: MV5BMTQ1MTY2MTY2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDg1ODYwNA@@._V1_.jpg (823x1024, 347K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B23FBOEUrF4
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/06/david-lynch-room-to-dream-memoir-twin-peaks-budget-showtime
zilants.itch.io/northwest-passage
youtube.com/watch?v=tl3OCzeEMFY
youtube.com/watch?v=867TFXnC_Pw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1566150462689.jpg (647x740, 54K)

Woodcutters From Fiery Ships

mmmmm Bloodborne

It's Deadly Premonition ofc

youtube.com/watch?v=B23FBOEUrF4

Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee

Cultist Simulator.

YIIK

why the FUCK does everyone have this haircut???

Only Chads do.

its photogenic and very clean

Deadly Premonition or D4.

What year is this?

Attached: coop.png (1920x1080, 698K)

Is it future or is it past?

Attached: v4eknrfdq0j31.jpg (640x628, 34K)

Silent Hill 2

Minesweeper

this

Every game made in the past decade, because too many developers fell for the Aronofsky meme, partly due to NGE and partly because developers are trying too hard to be deep with their narratives.

This.

Attached: X2adJwv.gif (291x355, 931K)

Attached: kino.jpg (1906x1017, 253K)

When you see it...

Only thing besides the obvious Deadly Premonition I can think of is Killer 7.

Every SWERY game is repackaged Twin Peaks. Even The Missing.

The SH games are the only ones.

Cultist Simulator (There was a sequel in the way, but some progreshits pilled upon the dev for sleeping with younger women and therefore are trying to ruin his career).

Kentucky Road Zero (will probably never be finished)

Deadly Premonition, which is the closes you will get in terms of atmosphere, Zack.

Pathologic, kinda
in the sense that half the shit people say doesn't make much sense and the story goes off the rails
It's certainly more cohesive and structured than any lynch story tho

My nigga, love the atmosphere the game has despite being a card game essentialy

Max Payne 2.

HELLOOOOOOO

Honestly, the writing is so fucking good, and the fact that pretty much every Occult society in the game has a historical equivalent does it to me.

Based mechafriend

Mizzurna Falls and Deadly Premonition

I hated this part. I get it, it's supposed to be Richard and Linda. But is Coop and Diane copies of the Richard and Linda world, or the other way around? Also why is Richard so stone cold compared to Coop?

Hotline Miami

FIND LAURA

Deadly Premonition, Silent Hill 2

Also did Diane and Coop stop existing the moment they passed to the other world, or do they go back to being their old selves if they go back to TP world?

What??

Some scenes of SH 2 were inspired by Blue Velvet.

Attached: sh_bv.jpg (500x158, 9K)

Attached: sh_bv1.jpg (630x199, 50K)

MOMMY
MOOOOOMMYYY

Did you guys know that
____________________Judy__________________________

JOOOOOOOODAAAAAAAYYYYYY

Attached: dontopen.jpg (1271x720, 56K)

Or Jiao De.

i second that

god season 3 was kino, and the way the ending kind of broke the fourth wall left me mesmerised

He's too old to have that faggot haircut.

Hotline Miami
Kentucky Route Zero
killer7

DRIVEN BY A STRANGE DESIRE

It's probably the best Tv-show I've ever seen, but it's hard to recommend to anyone I know.

Games for this feel?

Attached: IMG_3921.jpg (1568x1020, 465K)

GOT A LIGHT?

Attached: giphy.gif (540x303, 2.67M)

The Evil Within

I"M NOT TALKING WITH YOU ABOUT JUDY, OK?

it still amazes me that in this day and age a big network funded something like this and gave lynch creative autonomy

THIS IS THE WATER, AND THIS IS THE WELL
DRINK FULL OF THE WATER AND DESCEND

obviously silent hill

I interpret it as they just crossed into other reality in which they are Richard and Linda. They only had sex to lure in Judy (like those in ep1) and she just left because of the trauma. Also, Richard is colder because he is Coop who absorbed his shadow self (in Jungian terms) just like Hawk describe encountering with Black Lodge in og series.

jane give two rides

In fact, we are not gonna talk about Judy at all.

they obviously entered our world

Silent Hill 1-4
Mizzurna Falls
Deadly Premonition

headcanon

Attached: 1560543581027.png (625x453, 501K)

Normies love Lynch.

Don't know that I'd call Showtime a big network, but they did it so they could say they had.
Part of it was probably also them trying to have their own Game of Thrones, ie a dark, controversial too-hot-for-TV show. They likely overestimated the mass appeal of Twin Peaks, and probably won't do another.

Lone Survivor

samefag

This

Meanwhile...

>probably won’t do another
Wrong.

Pathologic

Lynch was so confident in his ability to have a third season he had a character predict it to the year. If he wants another season, he'll get one.

I think he had some issues getting it, and even the deal with showtime was iffy for him because he was adamant he wanted a lot of episodes and i think they only wanted around 10

Wrong.

what?

>Watch Eraserhead for the first time the other day with a few friends
>Figure it would just be some weird and cooky scary movie
>Turned out to be one of the most abaolutely unsettling movies I've ever seen
Great movie but holy shit. What are some horror games like that?

Silent Hill 1-4, Detention, Lone Survivor

Kane and Lynch 1-2

the sound design in that film is something else, I still remember the "child's" cry and that weird industrial ambience constantly buzzing in the background

All of sudden Lynch movies impacted even Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne's visual style, themes, images.
Watching at the theater scene through the peephole feels exactly like same scene in Eraserhead.

Attached: SMT3redroom.jpg (640x480, 48K)

Lynch has indicated he might want to, but has Showtime?

I forgot how much soul this game has. I need to replay it soon.

Also both SMT Nocturne features demonic pair - old lady and little boy.

Attached: eraser.jpg (480x360, 17K)

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/06/david-lynch-room-to-dream-memoir-twin-peaks-budget-showtime

depends on how well S3 did, find it hard to believe they'd go for it though

the SBFP lp is unironically a very comfy way to experience the game

Attached: Nocturne-YoungLouis.jpg (270x499, 19K)

Attached: twp.jpg (500x498, 42K)

I prefer the Welcome to Greenvale one, its way more in-depth and the LPer doesn't break the atmosphere of the game.

So underrated

Only correct answer.

Attached: 8bd246cffb07552ace79cd51e4492daa-d5a8o36.jpg (500x750, 378K)

What's going on with Mizzurna Falls' translation?

no that's Michael Mann The Game

So basically he requested way more budget than they were willing to give, Showtime said no. Lynch said no back and blew them up on Twitter, forcing them to comply out of fear of backlash.

Yeah I'm thinking they're not gonna work with him again.

that's fucking great

Their loss. Because Lynch created a piece of timeless art with their money.

>x-files fan
>watch twin peaks for the first time, going in almost completely blind
>see david duchovny in the credits for an episode, get excited
>he's a tranny
>one of his first roles pre-x-files and does it perfectly
God I love this man

my game

Attached: ritual.gif (861x462, 2.29M)

probably the most (and only) based tranny in media

What's the Aronofsky meme? Really liked the fountian btw, is there a vidya which has similarities to this movie?

THE HORSE IS THE WHITE OF THE EYE
AND THE DARK WITHIN

Not entirely. Negotiation almost fell through entirely and David Lunch walked until the network acquiesced

Neat, anywhere I can follow this?

Maybe he went to get lunch and they were like "Oh shit, he's quitting, better give him more money." and he was confused as to why they suddenly increased his budget.

Is there anything I need to watch before watching Twin Peaks? Everyone seems to praise it to hell and back but I'm afraid I might be too dumb for it, and it'll just go over my head.

he's had that haircut for over two decades

Why this wasn't the first post?

Yeah you need to watch a playthrough of Deadly Premonition first, then you're all set.

not really
just watch seasons 1 and 2, then the q2 fan edit of Fire Walk With Me (it splices in the missing pieces scenes). Only after doing these should you watch season 3.

I watched it for the first time last year after a friend always gushed about it and I'm fucking retarded and got most of it. It's one of those shows you watch, come to your own conclusions and then maybe watch a couple of videos about different theories and stuff when you're done with the whole series.

thanks user'
its not even remotely finished
there's a broken demo you can play though
going to try to update it for agdgs next demo day
zilants.itch.io/northwest-passage
blue velvet for sure
don't go in thinking about it being too smart just have fun and get comfy

Attached: 1551672781572.png (800x480, 20K)

i wish every aspect of my life were completely different

Too bad the library game will be cancelled

sauce?

I feel like I was missing something with Eraserhead. The only thing that left an impression on me was the ending, which was a nice mindfuck. Everything else, I was kinda 'eh' on. Blue Velvet I thought was good but overrated too. I haven't seen any other of his movies.

He basically invented that fag haircut. He's grandfathered in.

>Lynchian
what the fuck does this even mean?

Attached: 1542872478797.gif (326x191, 34K)

having the qualities of Lynch's work
It's like saying something is Kafka-esque or lovecraftian

twin peaks is like dark souls, attempting to "understand" it is completely unnecessary to enjoyment

>wojack faggot is retarded
Color me surprised

twin peaks and dark souls are very easy to understand though

also earle is easily the ultimate pleb filter

Attached: Windom_Earle.jpg (410x600, 38K)

I don't know why people keep posting Deadly Premonition. It's the closest video game to Twin Peaks but Twin Peaks isn't what I really think of when I hear the term "Lynchian". Yes Lynch was a major part of it but I would probably say it's the least "Lynchian" thing he's made, at least the first two seasons that DP is based on. In terms of how "Lynchian" Twin Peaks it goes:

Fire Walk With Me > The Return > Season 2 Finale > Season 1 > Season 2

>even worse bad guy shows up and makes you feel bad for the previous bad guy

This scene affected me in ways I absolutely do not understand and cannot explain. It's like Lynch creates new feelings.

Attached: Bcb3VRqg.jpg (728x410, 36K)

youtube.com/watch?v=tl3OCzeEMFY
>be me
>2nd year uni
>move in with autist roommates in dorm
>fedoras.jpg
>sperg_nerd_asian.png
>school starts
>1 or 2 weeks in
>want to get up earlier, set up better schedule
>snooze alarms every day
>BEEP BEEP BEEP
>fuck...no...tired...snooze
>watching Twin Peaks season 3
>find pic related scene way funnier than I should have
>lightbulb.svg
>maybe if I make this my ringtone I'll find it funny at 5am and be motivated to get up
>custom alarm set up: done
>5:00am next day
>WEEE WOOOO WEEEE WOOOO
ding
>ding
ding
>ding
>WEEEEE WOOO WEEE WOOO
>ding
ding
>HEEEEE LLLLLL OOOOO- OOOOOOO
>roommate wakes up
>"what......the fuck is that......user"
>"oh uh nothing"
>go back to sleep
>tfw i'm the weird one now

How has Kyle MacLachlan not won an emmy for The Return?

Attached: twin-peaks-showtime-three-dale-cooper-kyle-maclachlan-david-lyn.jpg (618x412, 44K)

I'm inclined to say Fallout: New Vegas but I'm not sure if that makes any sense.

I only know Mullholland Drive which I really enjoyed.

The show is a lot more straight forward than people might make it seem at least in the beginning. I'm still in the middle of season 2 and I haven't had trouble understanding and enjoying it but i'm sure there's some stuff i'm completely missing. I'm sure some of the stranger parts of the show will come into play later but it doesn't make you feel dumb for not understanding the meaning behind those strange parts

his image was shattered when he starred in sex in the city and had ED

Attached: You+forget+the+smuggest+of+them+all+you+fool+_00fa8cc665e39bfafe67037945474690.jpg (198x198, 14K)

okay watching this I know for sure now that F:NV was a good answer.

the original run is fairly straightforward, then fire walk with me and the return turns into a fucking puzzle encoded in an enigma wrapped in a riddle

Oh. Nice.

Death stranding

Attached: IMG_7956.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

if you need music for it, talk to me
the project seems amazing
[email protected]

Easy but still stylish, long but still manageable, masculine, trendy

i liked this game, but i feel like it was blatant rip off with usual Japanese humour and themes

Sample of your music?

How did DP manage to create such a powerful atmosphere with everything besides character models looking like a mid 2000's game?

WIth a little something called SOUL

Mid 2000s were peak of graphics. Try playing some of the older games with low poly graphics in modern high resolution. Soul.

Honestly, the more I see what people managed to do with limited graphic power, the more I love games from the era - There were always inventive ways people utilized their graphical engines, and cinematography was more cared more. Nowadays everything seems to be falling into that generic cinematic post-2010 look, even if some games now and then show some pretty nice graphical styles.

Still, I dind't see anything yet that topped SMTN on terms of utilizing graphical limitations to create such a powerful atmosphere, DP managed to come close, tho.

Oh, there was Silent Hill 2, too. That game's atmosphere's outstanding, and so was S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC.

The Evil Within 2 has a shout-out to Twin Peaks

youtube.com/watch?v=867TFXnC_Pw