DMC thread

could they even make a boss fight that could top this?

Attached: Hand over the Yamato.jpg (3840x2160, 1.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/154
youtube.com/watch?v=4RuNGtiRhKw
youtube.com/watch?v=YK1Yr1qjbzo
imgur.com/a/ryB8SkL
youtube.com/watch?v=_G_9UNkLKTg
youtube.com/watch?v=stfUXFQUtME
youtube.com/watch?v=bmCTS-2wz4E&t=112s
rave.dj/QzdbHaq3_X6a0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=tTJxOamTkQg
youtu.be/W3c0DLUObOU
youtu.be/wjJMr4Aafk0
youtu.be/eU4pb4olShY
youtu.be/_qc1scBcp0A
youtu.be/6ORB1Tcl-xU
9mahappytime.postype.com/post/4603340
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought the same thing about DMC3 Virgil fight. It might take them 10 years to do it again, though.

Credo is already a better boss fight, and Vergil 3 is a better climax. Nero vs Vergil is still the hypest moment in the series though.

Credo is already better and I still prefer the DMC3 Vergil fight. 5gil has more move variety, but 3gil is still more aggressive and feels more intimidating during the fight.

I wish they would try a Dante boss again, but make him Vergil-ified.
The Dante boss in DMC4 is a lame input-reading cheater that you're meant to cheese with grabs.
DMC3's Doppelganger is basically a bad Zelda boss.

>Dante boss
So strip him only to DSD/E&I and give him teleport and blocking like Vergil?

What about a SDT Dante boss where he loses control, like how they planned for 4?

He should show off his whole moveset, but they would have to change his moveset a little bit. Namely slowing down the projectiles so they're dodgeable. This would be easier to justify with Doppelganger I suppose.

Maybe but that would be a different sort of fight.

I hope if/when Vergil is playable they give him his own campaign and you get to fight Dante, maybe as the final boss. Role reversal kino.

>dual swords
>rapier
>spear
>scythe
>hammer
>claws
>whip
>bow
What devil arm do you want next?

Attached: 337744748.jpg (1440x1920, 473K)

We need a Sparda fight. I think 3 was about to have one and it would've been versus Arkham, but devs got scared it'll outshine the final fight so they dropped that. Would explain why the Arkham fight is such cancer.

ur a nigar

shiet nigga get some handsoap or moisturizer or something

A new musical instrument.

Whip and demonic dual wield revolvers

give it back tyrone

>microphone that turns into a dagger
>another guitar that shifts to a spear
>violin that works as an axe
>tambourines that throws projectiles
>flute

Vergil 3 is far superior. The final fight against Vergil in dmc5 reeks of fanservice and makes no fucking sense story wise.

>DMC3 Vergil fights Dante because he's a scared little boy and if he gets Daddy's demon powers maybe the nightmares will go away
>DMC4 hints at Vergil having a secondary motivation for lusting after power through parallels with Nero. The game also hints at Dante realizing he should've talked with Vergil instead of beating the shit out of him, and he tries to make amends by mentoring Vergil's son
>DMC5 Vergil separates his human and demon sides to rid himself of his "weak humanity" and then immidiately realizes what a horrible fucking mistake he's made. He then hires Dante and Nero to weaken Urizen enough to make himself whole. Then Vergil and Dante fight, because the plot demands it.

jesus, im actually gonna fuck my hands practicing the launch->Ecstasy->Air trick-> air rave combo, i always end up slightly above the enemy and cant hold our positions.

>Nero vs Vergil is still the hypest moment in the series though
Too bad it was way too fucking easy.

dual daggers, super fucking fast attacks

>The game also hints at Dante realizing he should've talked with Vergil instead of beating the shit out of him
I don't remember that at all. there isn't any secondary motivation for Vegil, he went to Fortuna to learn more about his father and to gain his powers. and Dante asked Vergil what is going to do with all that power in 3, so he wasn't beating him mindlessly like an idiot.
and the reason Dante wanted to "kill" Vergil in 5 is because he thought he was Urizen for the most part, it even hurts Dante when Urizen ate the fruit, thinking Vergil's humanity is forever gone, and so decides to fight Vergil.

>Then Vergil and Dante fight, because the plot demands it.
it was friendly sparring, that wasnt a real fight

Sword and shield

It's about their toxic relationship. Them fighting for no reason is the entire point. At that point everyone's such a jaded, traumatized, apathetic action hero that all of them just accept that Dante's going to have to kill Vergil again. There's no logic to it. Just that nobody has the psychological skillset to prevent it.

Nero manages to do it because unlike literally every other character in the series, he has an actual, NORMAL, non-fucked-up family with people who love and support him and therefore he's mentally healthy enough to confront this irrational belief (and deal with his lingering daddy issues at the same time, which is symbolic).

>only took me 114 hours
fuck mission 18 with the fury of a thousand suns
fuck nightmare and his stupid bloated health pool and 2 adds
fuck the retarded 5500-6000 point requirement instead of the usual 5000

fuck that single fury in mission 10 that's impossible to style on because it's a single fury and doesn't have enough HP, thus dropping your style average by 1000 points

Attached: .png (945x83, 16K)

I was honestly dissapointed with how much of a rehash of the DMC Vergil fights it was. It was fun for sure, but I wish they had branched out more. Sure Vergil had a few new tricks, but it still felt very much like 3's fight.

>fuck that single fury in mission 10 that's impossible to style on because it's a single fury and doesn't have enough HP, thus dropping your style average by 1000 points
Don't get hit or use the ex taunt to S before you start hitting him

Trumpet of doom
Lawn mower

Speaking of additions, the part where Vergil flies like an aeroplane is something I legitimately thought looked stupid.
>oh man he's taking a new stance, wonder what he'll do, probably some kind of a super attack I better get ready
>he jumps up and flies in the most boring way possible

>has an actual, NORMAL, non-fucked-up family
>Nero
>the same dude who is fucking his step-sister, who is also like a mommy, who is also his girlfriend
>the same dude who didn't really have a father in his childhood and got told that he is a son of a whore.
>the same dude who's family is Dante and Vergil
Are you being serious? the only reason Nero is "normal" is because plot and nothing more.

Attached: Kyrie.jpg (773x838, 286K)

>ex taunt to S before you start hitting him
doubt you can pull it off before he finishes to spawn

Nero's parents weren't killed.

Face the wall, if you don't give him enough room to pull out his dagger he just hops around like an idiot while you give him a show

>fucking his step-sister, who is also like a mommy, who is also his girlfriend
How I can get jock status to fuck big titty big ass church girlfriend

You can stun him him with KC or Balrog and do the taunt

Not that user, but his step parents which he liked were killed.

He was raised as an orphan like Dante and Vergil, and later adopted by Kyrie's parents who were killed by demons, which the book adds as the reason why Nero hates God or whatever.

Cavalier was already better. The only good part of the nuVergil fight was FUCK YOU.

>nuVergil
It’s boomer Vergil retard

only on the first playthrough
Its an actual fight on any son of sparda and dante must die

It's the worst boss in the game it's laggy and broken on ps4, when he flies around in circle before dashing on you sometimes he won't be in good position so it's character will reset position and dash automatically skiping frames , absolute bullshit and so underwhelming compared to Urizen

This Webm is the only good thing to come out of that

Attached: High Impact Family Bonding.webm (852x480, 2.94M)

I'm probably the only one hoping for this, but I really want Vergil to have only Yamato as weapon, but with a more expanded move set, more summoned swords types and a proper SDT move set. His doppelganger ability should also be unique to him and maybe similar to V's.

Attached: 1562554916066.gif (540x304, 3.22M)

You're not the only one and the 4SE intro for Vergil show that he's capable of doing all the the extra moves without FE or Beowulf.

>not dante vs vergil stage 1, then nero vs dante & vergil stage 2
I will never, EVER stop seething

Yeah, sometimes Vergil is so laggy that it seems like he's teleporting

newcomer to the series, how do I not get overwhelmed with Dante's entire arsenal?

The buster animation and royal release on it is good. Though, It would've been better as a charge attack, like a stinger that didn't need a long dumb wind up.

Attached: Nero's Bringer.jpg (2713x1101, 494K)

Me as well. I can see why others want the exact same beowulf and force edge combos but it didn't exactly fit him in the first place, weapon switching has always been Dante's gimmick and they probably give it Vergil in DMC3SE because he was a bonus character and that was simpler to do. I mean i'd like him to have his own gimmick now.

I feel like they can't change Vergil's moveset too much or people will lose their shit

Virgil 5 was good. but still too slow compared to Vergil 3. The dramatic flyback at the end of comboing him, the large arena, and his tendency to teleport to the far side of the arena with no way to force him to go in again all slow down the fight considerably.

Compare with Vergil 3 where he could immediately counter attack at the end of combos, the arenas were smaller, and three shots from E&I could make him go in on your from wherever he was. This meant that the pace of the fight was variable and could be as fast as the player wanted it to be. And DMD made it that you needed to speed up the pace of the fight to outpace his devil trigger recovery, leading to a feeling that the two of you really were at each other's throats.

Good to know I'm not the only one.
I think his gameplay should be heavly focused on his doppelganger, summoned swords and his darkslayer style, this could be a really good gameplay style to him.

Go into the void and see what everything does. You'll be sticking to Swordmaster and Trickster most of the time, you'll use Gunslinger if you want some extra style and Royal Guard for some particular enemies.

Give me a spear that I can spin and thrust with

>like how they planned for 4
Tell me more about it

And give it a mighty throw as a high-level Swordmaster move.
I wanna see Dante blast a whole crowd apart by throwing it like a railgun, and pin anyone that survives to the far wall as it continues to drill into them until called back.

>Flute
Could go for an Okami reference with Waka's lightsaber flute.

They don't have to top it just make every boss in the next game consistently good
If every boss was on the level of Cavaliere Angelo or King Cerberus 5 would be a 10/10 but as it is most bosses were mediocre and forgettable

I think people would be caught by surprise, but if they do it correctly, it could be better then his previous style.

Not that user but his "Perfect DT" was a idea Itsuno planned to use on DMC4, but had to be cut duo to the limited time and budget
>Dante went to hell and there he used his true form
>Dante lost control and was a threat to everyone
>Nero was meant to go to hell and find Dante
>Nero sees a animalistic Dante on top of a pole crouching like Spider Man
>Nero jokes around asking if that was really Dante
>Dante attacks Nero
>During the battle Nero would activated his true DT for the first time

Attached: 1544547833288m.jpg (717x1024, 168K)

Won't that leave Vergil with less moves? And I would like him to get a second sword to dual wield with Yamato now that Force Edge is gone. And how would you implement killer bee, rising sun and other gauntlet attacks?

Vergil is a true warrior and he favors the katana of his ancestor.
It is a powerful weapon, this single blade, refined, its design epurated to perform a single deadly cut.
They say the simpler a machine is the less it is prone to breaking, this is what the katana is. It never fails, no other tool is needed for a swift death.

Attached: 1567257214543.gif (250x188, 895K)

Vergil has too much hype behind him and after 5 there's no way he could be a final boss again. They'd probably need another 2 or 3 games to build up something entirely new that could stand a chance of being as good.

Extra weapons would be replaced with stances. For second sword he could just use a summoned sword. Gauntlet attacks can be replaced with heavier chargeable Yamato slashes. Killer bee could just be a classic dive kick like the one Vorgil does.

I want Vergil to get more weapons because I want to see more weapons in the games period. Even if you gave him something else, giving him more weapons is the easiest way to expand on his moveset. Nero is cool, but the amount of depth and variation weapons offer to Dante just make him so much more fun and replayable. The only thing that would come close would be giving him familiars like V has.

Replace these with new moves using yamato. Vergil's kind of monomaniac about his yamato i'd say it makes sense for him to use just it.

Where did you get all this info from? all I got about SDT in 4 from Itsuno is pic related, where it was just another transformation

Attached: Itsuno's favorite.jpg (707x744, 283K)

I'd like to see Nero's devil breakers get more developed with full movesets like normal weapons
Also let me switch between them without destroying them

Not sure about stances, that's Dante's gimmick as well.

Attached: what about it.gif (300x300, 1.49M)

A spear is probably my most wanted desu

>Extra weapons would be replaced with stances
And how would these "stances" work in gameplay? Like switching weapons? Like switching a style? Like DmC and holding a trigger?

it's amazing to think how drastically different DMC 5 would have been if DMC 4 was properly fledged out

Styles aren't stances.

>OMG GUYS IT'S JUST LIKE DMC3 HOW EPIC IS THIS?!
Wow. Bravo Itsuno.

>I would like him to get a second sword to dual wield with Yamato now that Force Edge is gone.
Say no more.

Attached: Nelo_Angelos_Sword.png (350x331, 45K)

You mean like in Nioh?

Is deivl sword dante the strongest devil arm in the series lorewise? It's rebellion + sparda

probably is, what would happen if dante stabbed himself with DSD while holding Yamato?

?? no it isn't. You can unlock camera and free run to dodge all of his air slashes. A single charge level 3 shot (which you should be carrying around most of the time anyway) will cripple his clone. Buster devil bringer will do like 30% of his health

Dante has multiple styles and multiple weapons. Vergil would have a single he always had style(darkie slayer) a single weapon and 3 stances. I'd say that's enough of a difference, they are twins anyway and even borrow some moves from each other.
Either of those could work. You could even hold the trigger button then press a direction on the stick to change it.

Wouldn't it be a bit too big and would be hard to dual wield? Though a Nelo's sword replacing his gauntlets would be fine.

Attached: 20190618_114646.jpg (1274x955, 345K)

Not the original guy, but from that's what I gather he meant.

bet they will just give him balrog with different moves

>Balrog but it extends to the knees and elbows, giving him kickboxing moves
Would play.

Nioh's stances can't be implemented in DMC though, that'll fuck up the the directional inputs.

Attached: 1552794806818.webm (1280x720, 2.42M)

will we get to use vergil's grab attack?

>You could even hold the trigger button then press a direction on the stick to change it.
That sounds horrible. You'll need to lock-on and hold a trigger and do a directional input, just to switch a stance. Something that Dante could do with a press of a button.

honestly what is wrong with giving vergil some styles? he is twins with Dante, of course they have different fighting styles, but Vergil can still have styles, Dark-Slayer, Doppleganger

He's normal because he's the only one from the main cast who managed to overcome his childhood trauma and loss of a family member, and matured. The rest is forever stuck in their past.

to be fair, everytime dante tries to move on he is unable too because of other things/people. Vergil is truly the only one still stuck in his past, also Nero still hasnt really moved forward, all these years later and he is still thinking about Credo

Vergil is like the weapon he uses, powerful, focused, yet simple. Why learn 4 different styles when he could just focus on the best one?

Don't let his personality fool you, he's just as childish as Dante is.

>Vergil to have only Yamato as weapon,
Like father like son then

It's just a random idea I ha don't think much about it. Devs would figure out the most optimal way to switch through those.
Point is that the the difference in Dante's styles and Vergil stances is that styles give new moves to different character aspects, while stances change the moveset of the main weapon, something which styles don't do.

>Why learn 4 different styles
so he has some depth cuz unless he gets devil arms he is going to be boring as fuck

We need alternate costumes in DMC5. It's disgusting how EX Dante is based on Donte, but we got no DMC1 Dante, DMC2 Dante or DMC4 Dante alt skins.

I love the way DMC5 Dante plays but hate his design.

doubt they will be doing that soon, but for now, you can play as DMC 1 dante.

>his design
Bet you don't like 3 design as well

I'm not against that, man. If you want more Yamato moves than I'm with you, just HOW would you implement them, though? Not many would be happy with clawing with Vergill too? left triggers working as light stance, right trigger as heavy stance, and no trigger as normal could work, could work. Or they could just be like switching through weapons, which doesnt change Vergil's controls.

>he protecc
Also, i want this but with Dante performing his ex-taunt

Why is Nero FUCK YOU ok but Dontes FUCK YOU is bad?

link?

Fuck off Tameme

Replace some of his moves with new ones(like his stinger attack in DMC5), re-use some of his FE moves but with a summoned sword instead. If his only weapon is Yamato, then it's move set should be greatly expanded.

I remember reading in a site that made a compilation of all ideas cut from DMC4.
The original plan for DMC4 would had been really crazy.

>just HOW would you implement them
find a way to add them to dark-slayer or add another style related to his movement styles and change dark-slayer to additional moves for yamato and a spectral force edge

I think just switching through them like weapons would be the least painful option.

nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/154

My problem with styles or stances is that they're a dead end. In all these years Dante hasn't managed to get a new style that really stuck like the original four, and it's likely he won't be getting new ones going forward. With stances all you have is just more moves for Yamato. What Vergil needs is something like devil breakers or devil arms, which leave a lot of room for experimentation and expansion without affecting the core gameplay. What makes the weapons and arms in 5 fun to use is that each one has their own unique perks and mechanics and inputs. It's fun to use only one of them or to mix things around. If you gave more mechanics to Vergil that didn't have this in mind he would feel incomplete like Nero did in 4.

>site that made a compilation of all ideas cut from DMC4.
Gib link nigger

>DUDE CAPCOM LITERALLY COULDN'T HAVE MADE EXTRA COSTUMES BECAUSE OF RE ENGINE SCANING
I always knew that excuse was a load of crock, this just confirms it.

Because Nero says it out of anger and frustration after finding out his father is alive and abandoned him just to go seek power, it's a much more understandable situation and Vergil deserved it
Donte says it to some random ugly demon just to be edgy

Ninja theory and Dark age Capcom were trying their damnedest forcing Donte as the definitive Dante with all the edginess that no one wanted while Nero is a different character and is seen at the the beginning of 4 to have a potty mouth and volatile temperament.

>Because Nero says it out of anger and frustration
I say it to make the Jannies mad

Because one is Donte being an asshole to a person he just met, the other is Nero telling his deadbeat dad he's an asshole.

Because Nero's Fuck You is in Chatacter, while Donte's is far from something the real Dante would say, which Donte is supposed to be.

Devil breakers are a dead end too if you think about it, they can't just keep adding devil breakers while keeping the old ones because they would either be too similar or too situation specific. Also if they plan on having Nero as the main Char they have to find another mechanic to keep him fresh, giving vergil styles is fine

3'S VERGIL DMD WITH MULTIPLE STYLES MOD , TO THIS DAY I'VE NEVER COMPLETED THE FIGHT BECAUSE I HAD TO FORMAT MY PC.
Credo from 4 can suck my dick lol, it is only funny if play royal guard everytime he atacks u and u royal release him , so it is a bit harder

Probably because it was better placed in the story and made some sense, Donte just threw it out randomly. Though I did chuckle at Nero saying it while flipping the bird I still do not enjoy the crass dialog in 5.

Yeah okay but look at this. Look at it.

Attached: 154-1555312259-324886109.jpg (1920x1080, 460K)

I felt like the Vergil fight could have been a lot better, so yeah.

Jet Attack is a pretty disappointing move with how long it takes for the build up.

That's because it's ported from another game. Capcom would've no doubt done a better job then some random modder.

Because popping DT after Vergil jabs you with yamato telling you it's past your bed time is peak kino, seems really appropriate too.
>asshole of a father abandons you for trivial bullshit
>comes back to steal your arm and fuck the world up because of some dumb ass grudge with your uncle
>just seconds ago barely comes to terms with being a father
>has time to make a dad joke in the middle of a fight

Yeah, it was from DmC.

Attached: Delet This.png (1024x573, 518K)

>Credo is already a better boss fight

Credo fucking sucks.

by coming up with a new villain instead of recycling virgil for the 100th time

>they can't just keep adding devil breakers while keeping the old ones
They don't need to keep the old ones. The can introduce new ones that are more fleshed out and play more like weapons, implement breaker switching, or even replace them with a similar system that gets around the whole breaking mechanic. There's still plenty you can do with Nero's arms.

My point is that giving styles or stances to Vergil just wouldn't be as fun. There needs to be a level of overlap between the various things he can do to keep things fresh. Otherwise you just end up forced to use everything at once all the time, and that gets old and tiring quick.

You take that back right now or I'll CRUSH YOU WITH ALL I HAVE

It's a model obviously ported unto Dante's regular coat therefore, by using this technique, Capcom couldn't exactly make good looking new outfits since everything would be at it's core Dante's regular coat. They need new scans.

>abandons you for trivial bullshit
trying to merge the demon and human worlds then getting enslaved by the demon king is not trivial mate
>. The can introduce new ones that are more fleshed out and play more like weapons, implement breaker switching, or even replace them with a similar system that gets around the whole breaking mechanic. There's still plenty you can do with Nero's arms.
so they either become Devil arms or styles?
>Otherwise you just end up forced to use everything at once all the time
how does giving a char more options mean you must use all of them all the time?

No he fucking sucks and you people are too attached to that shitty game

?? Nioh even has directional inputs

Yes they can add more devil breakers and even flesh out the ones we have right now. it's not a dead end at all. If you don't have any ideas for new devil breakers then i have ideas.

>trying to merge the demon and human worlds
That was in DmC, it was never the motivation for OG Vergil
>then getting enslaved by the demon king
Vergil went ahead and tried to kill him, he was practically asking for it.

I can tell you got filtered at him pretty badly on DMD. It's okay user, it'll pass.

Say what you will buy 4 is the main reason this community prevailed and stayed active to this day.

>That was in DmC, it was never the motivation for OG Vergil
he literally acknowledges that he is doing that in the DMC 3 Manga
>Vergil went ahead and tried to kill him, he was practically asking for it.
yea i know im saying that isnt a trivial thing

I still think they could've done it, not everything in 5 is scanned. Would probably require some effort of course, but they were unwilling to do so. Instead they gave us the horrible Donte recolor just adding insult to injury.

>could they even make a boss fight that could top this?

Of course. Just give him another fucking devil arm besides Yamato.

Would you be okay with not being able to jump or shoot summoned swords while locked-on, in exchange for switching stances?

We want new official outfits we're all agreeing on that. Scan or not.

Attached: 1375278056597.jpg (480x360, 44K)

Shit user, I saw that a long time ago(before DMC4SE announcement). I think this was in a DMC focused site, it was also there were I saw the original plan for DmC's sequel.
About DMC4, this is what I know
>Dante and Nero would have different areas to explore
>Dante was meant to have more missions in hell
>Nero was the areas that we explore in the final product
>Kyrie was meant to be corrupted and would be a boss. Her naked model is the frog bros b8
>Perfect DT would make Dante crazy and Nero would use his DT to fight him
>Vergil's relation with Nero was supposed to be better flashed out
>Echida had a male partner similar to a plant dragon/lion and he was Dante's boss
>Dante's devil arms were meant to be demons he fought in hell
That's all I remember.

Oh you mean that, I assumed the guy talking about stances would intend for them to be on the dpad like styles are. Yeah obviously Nioh's way of stance switching wouldn't make sense.

You don't understand. Yamato is the only weapon Vergil truly needs. He's such an autist about his katana he doesn't even strap it to his waist he just carries it everywhere he goes.

Attached: 1381653127171.gif (230x172, 1.5M)

I think those are just fan speculations extrapolated from concept art.

Gloria was meant to be her own character instead of Trish being horny. From what i can remember.

yea maybe for his character, not from a gameplay perspective, that would make him really fucking shallow and boring in terms of depth and gameplay

They can always come up with new mechanics, with weapon switching out we'd have two triggers freed up for other things. Rev up your imagination anons.

Strange, Bingo says early drafts had Nero taking the most of the game, and that Kyrie always was a good girl.

Attached: DMC4 but with extra Dante.jpg (724x959, 334K)

I want a dedicated button to sheath Yamato. It's a very important move.

Attached: motivated_23.png (366x347, 205K)

>I can tell you got filtered at him pretty badly on DMD

Not even a little bit. I just hated that game for the longest time until I had DmC to hate because it's a garbage game and Credo is easily, EASILY the worst humanoid boss in the entire series.

>4 is the main reason this community prevailed and stayed active to this day

Nope. Combofags ruined the fanbase. And for the longest time the best part about threads was the seasonal pre- celebrations and actually lore discussion.

Combofags and git gud niggery are cancers to the fanbase.

this is it user, a sheathe and unsheathe button on one of the triggers that would completely change Yamato's moveset. You're a genius

>left trigger is sheathing Yamato
>it increases speed and damage the more you time it right
>right trigger is still weapon switching.
Could this work?

Learn to double claw my man

You could have just frames for sheathing and it would work like exceed and could play into the concentration meter

hahaha, you did get filtered buddy

He tried merging the worlds to show how big his dick was and prove his "Might Makes Right" mentality and then he ran towards Mundus after just getting beat by Dante instead of trying to find some way out of hell.

He played stupid games and won stupid prizes.

Cute rebuttal, with that sense of self satisfaction you may go now.

Vergil isn't just V, he's also Urizen too. When Vergil comes back he isn't just suddenly changed; he still thinks of power, he still feels the need to prove himself, and this is why he fights Dante. He's pretty much the same Vergil he was before. It's only after Nero intervenes that he backs down and changes. This isn't particularly complicated.

git gud

Post a worse community than the DMC 4 combofags'
hard mode: no mentioning of any smash related community
Fuck RedGraveKyo
Fuck Millz
Fuck KivaNChips
DMC5: CE isn't what Itsuno wanted for the game. I hope he doesn't make DMC 5:SE
Fuck GuardFly twitter autists
Fuck the R*ddit DMC discord
Fuck all inertia and reversal niggers
Learn to adopt faggots holy shit

Attached: autism simulator.jpg (202x249, 12K)

Attached: this redneck's power.gif (624x335, 2.06M)

CAPCOM
HIRE THIS MAN

Exactly what I'm talking about. It's amazing that you're so amazingly lacking in self awareness.

>The Dante boss in DMC4 is a lame input-reading cheater that you're meant to cheese with grabs
Explain.

>It's amazing that you're so amazingly lacking in self awareness.
I purposely posted that because you said it pissed you off before, that was the whole point, lmao git gud and stop complaining about games you're shit at

starting to wonder if this is falseflagging at this point

He's designed to be mostly impenetrable to Nero's attacks and to accomplish that end he reads inputs to mostly perfect guard or parry everything you're dishing out. He has a few attacks you can safely abuse that he has little answer for so you usually end up abusing that.

RIP

But I'm not shit at them? I'm allowed to not like DMC4 because it's the worst of the mainline games barring 2, you fucking faggot.

It probably isn't. Because people who sincerely complain about things not being DMC4 are absolutely the most insipid and insufferable people.

>so they either become Devil arms or styles?
Not necessarily. You could have more breakers like Tomboy or Ragtime.

>how does giving a char more options mean you must use all of them all the time?
Because something like stances isn't the same as having different weapons. You can't use different stances to approach the same situation like you would with weapons, because each stance has a specialty and is designed around being one of a group. Same with styles: you don't get movement abilities with Royal Guard becaus that's what Trickster does. In contrast, weapons and breakers are made more to stand on their own.

This man died saving an innocent from evil. I remember you Light Rail Avenger.
youtube.com/watch?v=4RuNGtiRhKw

Attached: Respect.gif (480x267, 2.81M)

sure many of them are, but people who can't shut up about hating 4 and combos are getting to be pretty annoying themselves.

Not him, but I agree. DMC4 combofags have dethroned Meleeniggers as the most autistic community, and DMC4 being a single-player game makes them 10x more autistic

Dante only really needs the original four, but that doesn't mean they're a dead-end, over the years they've evolved with new moves, new mechanics, and new ways of interacting with DAs and guns. If you compare the breakers in 5 to Dante's styles in 5 pound-for-pound styles have more moves and more utility, and there are still new ways they can be fleshed out in future. Besides when people speak about stances for Yamato I'm pretty sure they mean changing his moveset entirely for each stance, effectively mimicking a new devil arm rather than mimicking styles.

>Credo is easily, EASILY the worst humanoid boss in the entire series
Worse than Lady? Worse than Jester? Worse than Agnus and Sanctus? Please elaborate, I'm interested in hearing why exactly you feel this way.

>press circle to sheathe/unsheathe
>press triangle to attack
>press both to do an unsheathing slash
>unsheathed attacks don't do damage until you sheathe again, working like Lucifer

>The lady in the interview at the end tells him to "Rock On"

Jesus, this shit writes itself.

6SE >>> 6 = 5SE >> 5 >= 3SE > 4SE > 1 > 3 > 4 >>>> DmC:DE >>> DmC >>>> wall >>> 2

Attached: b3.jpg (299x168, 11K)

Rest in peace brave warrior

TELL US MORE FUTURE MAN

You motherfucker.

Attached: 1566195304892.jpg (515x514, 60K)

based 6chad, loved what they did with dante and lady's child in that game

Attached: 1555567279156.png (341x279, 199K)

based guy from future

Largely because I was more thinking of rival characters like Nelo Angelo and Vergil. But I'll maintain that Agnus is easily better.

>over the years they've evolved with new moves, new mechanics, and new ways of interacting with DAs and guns
That can be said for SM and GS but then they're just expanded moveset for the weapons. TS and RG have remained almost the same. TS added what, air mustang and another variation of trick? RG is about the same as ever, save for royal revenge, and it always struggled to get a second move.

Where will Dark slayer style go?

Okay but why tho?

That child obviously was Dante and Trish's, since it has more demonic power than Nero. the only reason you fags keep saying it's ladies is because of the black and white hair.

>Back forward + sheath activates iai stance

Attached: 1545822636326.png (543x549, 613K)

R2

Because Agnus' moveset is generally more interesting, and his lifesteal mechanic I think is a better threat than Credo's "Dodge my telegraphed moves and my totally-not-summoned-swords" along with his demon summons.

You can actually find the concept art of some of this things.

Yeah, I think Itsuno always planned to put Dante in hell in his full power and leave the rest of the series to Nero.

Attached: is6iydikqbn11.jpg (1200x1695, 304K)

Was Vergil's bog face reveal leak the most hilarious thing that happened?

This
Comboautists must die

I've always wanted them to experiment with rival boss fights.

Like maybe in the next game, you could have a 2v2 rival fight. Dante and Vergil vs. two rival demons or something and design it appropriately. Or have a DMC game with two different rivals, and with the last fight being 1v1v1 or 2v1 or something.

Yeah an actual Dante boss again but with him going all out in the storyline and not reading your inputs would be sweet.

Brainlets, didn't you saw the hint in his DT form? He is clearly Lucia's and Dante's kid.

Vergil 3 and Credo are both better, and they're both over a decade older. Jeanne 3 is also better.

Attached: UmbraWitchJeanne.png (1280x720, 1.2M)

>Yeah, I think Itsuno always planned to put Dante in hell
But he doesn't say this anywhere in his interview...

Attached: 1538686755655.png (432x497, 339K)

I hate females and fujoshits

Trickster hasn't gotten too crazy (though people severely underestimate ground trick), but DMC5 RG compared to DMC3 RG has been tweaked a lot.

Why not have sheathe in R2 instead?
Eh, doesn't matter anyways since you can remap it.

yea you can weed them out by actually talking about gameplay, it kills them

>jeane
>better
>qte shit, shit camera and rocket section before that
What the fuck Kamiya was thinking

Jeanne 3 would be better without the multiple interruptions and stupid missile throwing nonsense, not to mention what you have to go through to refight her. The fight itself is pretty good but is spoiled by all that shit.

I love Jeanne but the fight was completely ruined by the previous shooting segment and the QTEs during it.

Did you mean Jeanne 4? That's the one that you posted.

Agnus' lifesteal is the single most telegraphed move in the game and he does a short performance piece before doing any attack. Credo is much faster and much less predictable. What a weird thing to say.

fuck you faggot we keep dmc threads alive, so deal with it and stop being a bigot

Is Nero also related to Lucia because of the bird motif he has, retard? That shit is probably just the evolution of the Sparda bloodline becoming more and more angelic every generation.

I have a few hundred hours in 4 and that lifesteal thing has only ever gotten me once, and I just laughed when it did because I couldn't believe he actually got me with it. On the other hand, Credo seems simple enough, but once he goes all out and starts coming at you nonstop with all these attacks that were easy to didn't earlier, it's an entirely different fight.

Though my in-your-face playstyle might have something to do with that.

>fuck you faggot we keep dmc threads alive
people with stage 4 cancer are still alive, do you think it's the kind of life DMC deserves?

Redpill me on this whole deal
Iirc 3 didn't have INERETIA but had reversals
So why the fuck 4babies bitch about 5?

You can dodge every single one of Jeanne's QTE's.

You're probably right.

Jeanne is alright, but Kamiya just can't make a normal level without gimmicks to save his life. The rocket minigame setpiece is cancer and it goes on for so damn long. What the hell goes in that mans head.

Fujo spotted. Choke on a dick

>Credo is much faster
Yes
>much less predictable.
Not really. Almost all of his attacks can be blocked and evaded using the same strategy homogenously.

Overall I just think Credo's actual boss is more interesting, and thus better. Not necessarily more difficult. And no, harder doesn't mean better, in case you're a spectrum type.

>bigot
>just now remembered to say bigot
I call this hypocrisy

Fucking speedplayers, the kid is clearly Patty's and Dante's.

yes, dmc threads everyday until we get best boy Vergil

>"muh removing deep mechanics"
They have incurable tism like smash babs

They can't keep using the same tech they have for the past decade.

youtube.com/watch?v=YK1Yr1qjbzo
Here's one hour video of a guy bitchin on muh inertia muh reversal muh fast gameplay
He calls it a flaw, which isn't true. It's just autistic nitpicking

It's not about harder being better, it's just nonsense to insult Credo for having telegraphed attacks while praising Agnus (and specifically praising his lifesteal) when Agnus telegraphs the shit out of everything he does, especially his lifesteal.

>demon sorcerer/alchemist hybrid child
That's one tall order of crazy right there

It's basically this. The game isn't DMC4 with new maps so it's "wrong" and it's worse.

I guess they bitch about every enemy they can't combo to death, like Antenora with whole knockback mechanic.

here'a a better idea a "gun" shield, that way it'll be more of a ranged weapon while also letting you use the other "swords" with it.

Sure. But his moves are more interesting is what I'm saying.

rolling for patty

Attached: 1528813996434.jpg (403x366, 28K)

>combo video
>done in void
please kill yourself

I saw that video
>bitches about Cav
>bitches about Balrog Ignition
Jesus

>like Antenora with whole knockback mechanic.
you can infinitely combo them tho

Vergil 3 is better

They already did, and his theme was much better too.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

>imagine Trish getting pinned against a gray wall, that's the same color of her fucking boring bitch-ass character who imperonates moms becuase she‘s literally an unholy wretch with no dignity whatsoever, while at the same time the demon- whore who suckled Mundus' big red tri-balls and had so much piss-stained demon cum splurged all over her hair, it got dyed blond, is being fisted with pizza up her matrix-ZOOO black fetish pants ripped apart, so hard the term yeast infection gets a new meaning, and with her last whoreish, skanky, breaths she coughs up the crusty, heII-cum out her psZ-octagon mouth, leaving her dark soul unfilled, yet her ass stuffed to the brim

Attached: embarassing.png (870x441, 228K)

>we
Fucking faggit, Vergil bros are what keeps these threads alive.

Attached: 1555251771031.jpg (778x813, 362K)

Are there any videos that feature stylish campaign walkthrough? Like dmd mission 10, minus faust and shit

>the boss fight that Itsuno claims is his favorite
>sucks
Yeah no fuck off.

Basado
4 Trish is top bimbo though

He can like things that sucks. He likes DmC.

Attached: check digits.gif (476x217, 225K)

>all the replies to this larper

Attached: 1553179339384.jpg (300x295, 19K)

Wish I could get this shitty webm down to a reasonable size...it really demonstrates DMC5 enemies not being 'passive sandbags' like a lot of players think.

imgur.com/a/ryB8SkL

everyone always say creedo is thee best off 4, but for me aggnusvsdante iss the funneest tthing. I wish he had aa bbigger healthbaar so i couldd style on him harder

Attached: dzesl6s2osx11.png (873x737, 144K)

If you KO’d one would the other president come up their brothers sword like with Agni and Rudra?

Attached: No longer crazy2.png (851x768, 771K)

5 enemies are great
I do wish they used more of their "skills" more actively. Like Empusas offering blood to Queens and shit

People actaully thought this fight was good? Are you serious? It's fucking Vergil 1 from DMC3 with a stupid jet airplane move and a weak doppleganger.

I don't remember Vergil spamming multiple JC and using summoned swords on normal in dmc 3

How does he do it, Yea Forums?
What are his secrets?

Attached: based japan man.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Actually read the interview, and you'll realize how retarded your argument is that him saying Credo is his favorite boss fight and his "likeness" of DmC are in any way comparable.

>bringing reddit shit over here
you and the attentionwhores need to kill themselves

You mean that dumb bitch that's a Dante paradoy and Vergil wannabe? Piss of back to Platinum threads you're not welcome here.

Attached: 1566241401184.png (502x455, 263K)

When will V get his own game?

Wait for DD2
Itsuno already put some stuff from it in dmc 5

youtube.com/watch?v=_G_9UNkLKTg

Its called astral chain

He's isn't getting one because he's gone and will never return...
UNLESS..

>why does it take so long to guard cancel a million stab so i can high time after
This guy does know you don't need to guard cancel million stab to do that at all right?

Hope his shitty gameplay never returns to dmc

The gameplay doesn't need to be married to the character you retarded fujo

>check video 10 minutes ago
>43 dislikes
>now on 65 dislikes
topkek

>not thinking 5Vergil is peak stylish boss fight
youtube.com/watch?v=stfUXFQUtME

He's right about the million stab, they didn't have to make it slower

You're right. They shouldn't even try. This should be the last boss fight for every DMC game from here on out. Why bother to ever change what is already perfect. In fact, just re-release this game over and over again. Not like the combat is going to change, either. Just add more and more to it.

Either you got a super HD camera or you are old as hell, ese. You got one wrinkly hand.

>his complaint about DSD is that it doesn't "feel" like a Dante weapon because summoned swords is Vergil's schtick
>Nevermind that many other characters had that shit
He does have some points, though. Switching modes with Balrog could've been separated with Swordmaster instead of a back input. Cavalier could've had the spin attacks as a 360 input, SDT could've charged faster and it would've been nice to have a way to cancel it. Otherwise, it's just nitpicking over what he perceives as what DMC is all about.

>why bother to ever change what is already perfect
No one said it was perfect.

They pretty much are. If you look at the activity and views of their stuff it's all significantly less than what it was when DMC4 was at its peak.

Who are these people and why should we care? How does they way they decide to play the game affect your own experience in any way?

You sound upset

>SDT could've charged faster and it would've been nice to have a way to cancel it.
It's a fuck off nuke with a literal instakill move in it, what else do you want, for it to be free?

I didn't mean filling the SDT gauge but the charge activation, it would be nice if you didn't need to hold it for that long. And I dislike how I have to pause to cancel that charge, I don't know how, bad there needs to be a better way to cancel it than just pausing.

Am I the only one who always fucking freaks out at these kinds of videos? I always discover new moves and tricks that I didn't even know were possible. I mean, Cavaliere's Forward+Circle animation has Iframes AND can be used as a semi-reliable dodge? Holy shit. I have mad respect for those high level players, man.

I think the SDT should be kept the same, for me, it's good the way it is.

I personally like it more if it was only accessible with Quad SSS, and if Judgement required mashing

Attached: how does royalgaurd work.webm (720x406, 2.59M)

Summoned Swords don't even matter because DSD's Summoned Swords eat them for free, they are not even an element of the fight because of this. Vergil in 5's over reliance on Judgement Cut is why he's so boring.

I hate that jeanne bossfight.
> tfw the camera zooms back for "muh cinematic feel"
> cut back to gameplay
> half of health bar is gone because I couldn't see what was going on

Attached: 1525225982746.jpg (800x450, 82K)

The over abundance of Vergil boss fights in this series is staggering. He's been the final boss in 3 of the last 4 DMC games and there were 4 of them. It was bad enough in DmC but then they had to DmC the shit out of it 5. Add 1 or 2 new attacks, a whole lot of cringy cursing and the most unimaginative insults in the series to date and suddenly it can't be topped. Not only that but the fight at the end of 3 was one of the most iconic fights in gaming history but since there are now so many it's just common place. Even the Nelo fights are a whole separate thing to these since they play completely different. With these, you know where they came from because they are basically the same thing.

Attached: 1555284819987.png (219x210, 47K)

I still want Beowulf or Beowulf-like weapon for him as well. Not only because his moveset for it is better than Dante's but also because there's something extremely satisfying when a character like Vergil, who mostly relays on technique and speed than brute force releases his inner unga

Attached: 41419723_p6_master1200.jpg (700x572, 240K)

I was about to call you out and say that Vergil was only the final boss two times, but I genuinely forgot that DmC existed for a sec, lol.
>a whole lot of cringy cursing and the most unimaginative insults in the series to date
What are you talking about? I swear, if this is about Nero's "FUCK YOU" again.

Don't cock your gun if you're having second thoughts, catch my drift?
I don't really like sin DT all around even though it's a cool reward for reaching SSS.

Attached: 1528830811796.png (508x280, 104K)

DmC shouldn't count as its a separate reboot. It was inevitable we were going to get vergil fights in this game at least it was only twice this time.

I belive it would be better if SinSSS was only be able to use once per SSS reached or giving a longer cooldown, because it could be really over kill if the player just spam it.
But overall, I think it's good since it fufill it's meaning(fucking everything up) and isn't as hard to pull out like DMC2, but you can only access it by sacrificing DT energy. And it also has a good duration, just enough to deal a good amount of damage.
I think at this point Dante just reached his peak gameplay, I can't see him getting any better then this.

I belive Vergil isn't as good as he was in DMC3 because Dante just reached his gameplay peak, he can do anything Vergil can but better, and he also has different moves. Back in DMC3, Dante was really limited which made things fair but also, Vergil had more moves to use against a limited Dante.
The battle can be really interesting when the player uses Dante correctly, but Vergil is packing more moves and agressivity, they could had added more to his move set but also adding 2 form for him to use, a DT and a SDT to make things more interesting.

I feel the same. While Vergil can use lots of weapons like Dante I don't think he should as that should be unique to Dante. Having Vergil Yamato focused with different styles would make Yamato the deepest weapon to date. Back it up with the last style being doppelganger focused and having it be a more backup focused version of V's summoned playstyle and Vergil would be pretty distinct from Dante and Nero.

Attached: 1554724934712.jpg (980x609, 236K)

Yes one the fagets even messaged Itsuno about it, about how bad Vergil looked and told him to fix it. One of the best reveals second to the subhuman fiasco.

Prepare To
DIIIEE

Attached: 1540518627737s.jpg (145x250, 5K)

>here comes the vergilplane

youtube.com/watch?v=bmCTS-2wz4E&t=112s
>Prepare... to- EEUUUGGHH

>Prepare to UUUGGGGGHHHH

Attached: 1560067527109.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

verginplane > virginmobile

How do demon genetics even work?

Bug + Human = Dragon
Dragon + Human = Angel
Goo demon + ??? = Centaur

You know Dan was having fun coming up with these lines for the vergilplane.

Attached: 1552462248074.png (160x194, 28K)

Devils decide how they will evolve. The speed ones in DMC5 willingly did this for example.

Why is he so edgy?

That was a really cool video. True style beyond the style meter. How can anyone believe Nero isn't cool enough. Tomboy needs more moves.

Attached: 1340958605049.jpg (209x251, 7K)

>the Sparda boys decided they wanted to be dragons

What fucking nerds.

Attached: 1558577082372.png (1400x1770, 1.55M)

Make the same bossfight but you play as vergil

Attached: 1537575559244.jpg (370x360, 67K)

>vergil
>edgy

Good question, we know demons evolve to something that they either aim to be or something that internaly starts to express.
>Sparda lineage was goodhearted so they start to look more heroic
Or
>Human "soul" and demon apparence affects the offspring
I imagine that Nero's mom, for being from Fortuna, also has a angelic demon soul like the order of the sword(all of the high ups had angelic apparence, with Credo straight up being a angel) so Nero got angelic traits.

Attached: 1527f5f0621189b7c86a825def7c55950f147db3.png (1800x967, 1.02M)

This is one of my hopes if we get to play as Vergil we get a Dante or Nero bossfight. Or Gilver

Should Vergil get a block?

Attached: 1566437807627.png (1920x1080, 2.79M)

You're at the bar in hell ordering a drink and these two guys come up behind you telling to move it.

Playing astral chain is really making me appreciate dmc5 more. I forgot how much more I enjoyed its presentation and approach to combat and dealing with cutscene/dialogue. Astral chain is still ace, just a standard platinum affair, nice they brought back zandatsu for this one at least

Dragons are a big thing in eastern mythology, they ruled the sky, but also had connection with water and rain. Add the fact they could be just as much good as evil, and it meant people's lives were at their mercy a lot.
But I like to imagine Sparda gave them a lot of picture books with knights fighting the dragon and the twins focused on the wrong thing.

Astral Chain unironically has a better V system though. Combat isn't complex but I'm enjoying its summon mechanic far more than dealing with V.

Yes. Vergil is edgy.

Dragons were also a symbol of the devil in the middle ages.

Fuck you.

Not a block, but a unique parry mechanic that allows for a unique counter attack with a opening for combos.

Attached: 1541372402004.jpg (1024x554, 134K)

You mean Bad Dragons?

so is that game good or not?
Im planning on picking up a switch plus all its games when im visiting japan in a while
has w101 been re-released yet?

I can see why you say that, but they are going for different things.

It's more of a system that Vergil would have if he was V and could have just the one familiar

the arena is too big it kills the rhythm of the battle.

it's still good tho

Attached: Where's your motivation.gif (407x312, 3.22M)

>so is that game good or not?
I've only done a few chapters so far and I'm enjoying it, it's not 10/10 or anything like that and combat is closer to Nier button mashing instead of Bayonetta but it's pretty decent and quite stylish as you'd expect. I'd say wait for the price to drop a bit as it's not must own tier but a nice game to have tier.

>has w101 been re-released yet?
Nope but it's pretty inevitable that all Wii-U games will be re-released at some point.

How do you style on furies besides Royal Guard?

STOP! YOU VIOLATED THE LAW! PAY THE COURT A FINE OR SERVE YOUR SENTENCE, YOUR STOLEN GOODS ARE NOW FORFEIT.

What do you guys hope to get out of the upcoming Netflix Series? It's made by the same dude who did the Castlevania series so it should be good. Though Reuben and Dan have said they haven't been offered any roles yet, JYB stayed silent when the topic came up.

I'm hoping it picks up where DMC5 left off, maybe fills in some of the blanks in DMC5's story. More than what Visions of V is doing. Maybe have some more scenes with the Sparda twins as boys. I would like to see Sparda interacting with his sons.

Attached: 1556316349946.png (429x480, 236K)

>It's made by the same dude who did the Castlevania series
This is why it will be shit on release. The series paid no respect to Castlevania and did what it wanted, fucking it up even harder in Season 2. Anyone who has hope for this is setting themselves up for a huge disappointment.

Cerberus is pretty effective against them. A fun thing to do is if you jump with Balrog it's an actual attack. If you time it right you can knock them out of the air when Balrog is fully powered.

I remember Dante is 5 says Sparda was pretty grim, how grim do you think was he? DMC2 Dante tier?

Attached: Dh_UBqIUEAAGTyq.jpg (646x950, 47K)

In DMC1 when Dante channelled Sparda the full power of that transformation manifested as Puff, so that draconic element has always existed in Sparda too.

This always bugged me about Vergil, in his boss fights he had the block yet when playable he never got an analogue for it despite having analogues for all of Dante's other main styles built into his kit as standard.

Probably, Matier did think Dante was very much like his father.

It'll be mid. Castlevania skirts so hard from what it really is and it sucks, but hey, grim dark fantasy with some funny swear man and a character called alucard

I don't know, Dante never really seems to talk fondly about his dad. Considering how soon he kicked the bucket after having the twins I wonder if he didn't have kids just to pass on his legacy to the human world rather than being in love with Eva. Maybe he knew he was sick and spent his last days raising his sons to take his place. Maybe he was grim because he was essentially dying their whole childhood.

It depends on the writer. The CV show kinda sucked, animation was alright but the writing was bad. Probably has something to do with the writer being an unironic fedora tipper while CV is series well know for its gothic setting. Mixing those two wasn't the brightest idea.

Also they didn't care much for established lore either and changed stuff willy-nilly. There was no Death and Dracula sucked as a villain. Ah yeah, Alucard also flipped the bird to the Belmont, but it was just a joke so it's all k.

Could they fit a block into dark slayer? Maybe a hold input.

Attached: Dxfs9i4VAAAhwbB.jpg (686x652, 70K)

Reuben talked a bit about the series on a stream. He implied that Itsuno wanted to be involved in a series. It could probably turn out fine if they kept a lot of the same writers. The only issue would be that things tend to get lost in translation with their writers.

Which is weird, the last description of Sparda said he was a balance between Dante's and Vergil's personality, plus being a really good "person" and autruistic.
Maybe Dante just didn't liked how severe Sparda was with him during their training, which is opposite of Vergil, since Vergil looks up to Sparda as someone he should achive to be.

Learn the timings for when they'll reappear. Outside of that there are moves which grant i-frames while still attacking (Flint Wheel, Shuffle, Ice Age) and moves with persistent hit-frames (Prop/Shredder, Side Winder, Ice Age) which makes parrying them trivial.

Attached: DMC5 Parry Guide.jpg (1024x7198, 3.32M)

It's going to be lame as fuck. Heavy amounts of pandering to Vergil since the dude is a Vergilfag. My expectations are low after CV.

god damn didnt know if you hit flying vergil he falls

I want well choreographed fights and cuhrazy fanservice without all the gay melodrama please and thank you.

>the last description of Sparda said he was a balance between Dante's and Vergil's personality
Where? I'd like to read it.

He's a Dantefag

He's a Vergilfag.

>Heavy amounts of pandering to Vergil

That's a bad thing? What's left to do with Dante?

Dan and Reuben haven't even been offered any roles so I'm not getting my hopes up. If they aren't reprising their roles I don't care.

Attached: 1554763438259.webm (598x430, 65K)

Not according to his instagram,

Dan and JYB are both following him if that means anything.

If you're going to put Vergil on the frontlines then portray him accurately. And i don't think the people at CV will be able to do it.

Dante is easy to do because his character has been bastardized at every turn.

>Serious DMC2 Dante
>Manchild DMC4 Dante
>Donte
>Trashy Anime Dante

He'll probably go with 4 Dante since people like the manchild virgin angle more.

Attached: 1564917497958.png (336x391, 18K)

>Reuben and Dan have said they haven't been offered any roles yet

Watch is be DmC2 instead.

Attached: bigger dick.png (1394x781, 1.4M)

>posts a photoshopped image of himself as Da(o)nte
>thinks of Vergil as a villian
Where did you get the idea that he's a Vergilfag?
>That's a bad thing? What's left to do with Dante?
Vergil and Dante have as much characterization as each other, so there won't be anything to add to Vergil, other than how he's a good boy now.

>Dan and JYB are both following him if that means anything

I mean JYB hasn't said whether or not he's been offered a role. Dan flat out said on Homo Wifi's stream he wants to play Vergil but hasn't been contacted. Reuben stated at the panel and on stream he wants to be involved but they haven't contacted him. The series is still early in development but JYB staying quiet seems suspicious that at least Nero is in. I can't imagine he'd do a series revolving around only Nero when he's a fan of Dante and Vergil.

>Serious DMC2 Dante
That was the producers fault, and the only odd one out
>Manchild DMC4 Dante
what is there about 4Dante that makes him a manchild? That he mocks his enemies? He does that in every game.
>Donte
We don't talk about that one
>Trashy Anime Dante
He was pretty chill and fits as a follow up to 2Dante, and we can pretend that Patty made him less of a depressing mess

Attached: 1564692887339m.jpg (1024x576, 66K)

Dantefags are way more cancerous than any Vergilfag.

Both equally annoying lol

Can we not do this? it never ends well and just fills threads with shitposting.

Dante looks like he's about to work a strippers pole there.

Attached: 1545228352141.webm (268x330, 568K)

This. the brothers and their fans are both as autistic, and that's both a good and bad thing

Attached: D5LvucLU4AAsuFJ.jpg (1500x1000, 159K)

It was a good Vergil boss, but I wish his theme had a nod to the "Vergil" chorus like at 1:17 here.
rave.dj/QzdbHaq3_X6a0Q

Attached: DMC5_Vergil_Concept.png (1357x1920, 2.05M)

I'd rather have Vergil's development be shown in a future dlc/game than the anime.

His moveset with King Cerb's staff mode is basically pole dance moves

Attached: ykv8aVnVX0U.jpg (871x712, 132K)

A Monster Hunter type lance with heavy, powerful thrusts that launch you forward and a rocket boost. It could also be adapted into a Breaker.

So does Bayonetta but that doesn't stop people from screaming YAS QUEEN SLAY at her.

>It's made by the same dude who did the Castlevania series so it should be good

You mean the generic fujoshibait anime with Alucard and Alucard's irrelevant friends shitting on the continuity and premise of Castlevania by making the vampire-hunting church villains?

What are your thoughts on Devil Sword Dante?

Attached: 1566412027868.jpg (254x283, 14K)

Dante as a girl would invalidate Bayo's existence.

Why are CAGfags shitting on each other's series now?

Bayo and DMC are for cuhrayzee fun, Ninja Gaiden is for "serious" fun and never getting another sequel after that last disaster.

>The Dante boss in DMC4 is a lame input-reading cheater
that is only a problem when Dante does Royal Guard, is the only truly unfair thing about him since he can one shot ya with a royal release, but when he is on the other styles you have ways to deal with him.

Weird looking because of the width. It looks cool with Rebellion's hilt though, so maybe the 4 spikes are the problem.

Attached: 264-1561484211-235929221.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

Go to a Platinum thread if you want to wank to Bayo. Fucking niggers.

Yes. Dante cycles through 4 weapons with just one trigger, so they could keep weapon switching for Vergil and still give him a unique mechanic on LT.
For that matter, they can also add more mechanics to the D-pad.

Vergil's face when he saw him dancing to mj and dancing around cerb

Ugly lump of solidified shit. I know Dante is meant to be more rough than Vergil but the man has demonstrated his class in the past with his DMC1 and 2 self so why is his ultimate sword so fucking ugly?

Who the fuck is this bitch?

>picks up where DMC5 left off
>ties up loose ends in DMC5's plot
>Nero, Nico, Trish, Lady, and Morrison are trying to keep the Devil May Cry business a float
>Vergil is guiding Dante through Hell and revealing pieces of information on what he's been doing for 20+ years
>flashbacks of Dante, Vergil and Nero's past
>a few SOL moments sprinkled in
>ends leading into the plot of DMC6

Attached: 1558212878808.jpg (1200x575, 121K)

>yfw you found out about Double Kalina Ann

Attached: 1566946706345.png (524x516, 243K)

Ugly but Vergil was always the one with better taste.

Attached: 1561519288837.png (744x426, 93K)

Looks bad man.

Nice upgrade for Dante. Needs a redesign to make it more slick, like making it slimmer and giving it a skull.
some input changes too
We could have shredder as a back mash input, formation could be a back and forward input, drive with a hold input, and a better combo c.

Attached: 263-1561290543-1856778087.jpg (1920x1080, 368K)

Yeah they'll just rehash it yet again or build up Dante's long lost son to be Nero's rival.

The dragon toes could had been better, and it should be a little smaller, but looks cool and has the best gimmick of the series(with Balrog being second). It looks really good when in DT or SDT since the sword splits in half with a third flaming sword inside plus the sword burming up.

Top right would had been a better hair style for Vergil.

Attached: 1564057613224.jpg (736x736, 59K)

>flashbacks of Dante, Vergil
>mfw he adapts tony and gilver adventures

Attached: 1562604635770.png (759x759, 229K)

>FUCK that company that kept the subgenre on life support in the decade that Capcom ignored it

>>Vergil is guiding Dante through Hell and revealing pieces of information on what he's been doing for 20+ years
I rather have this as a DLC or a campaing for Dante and Vergil.

blessed and wholesome autismo guide

Vergil guiding Dante through Hell would be such a great Divine Comedy reference.

Attached: 1546210322400.jpg (480x440, 15K)

>I rather have this as a DLC or a campaing for Dante and Vergil.

He's not getting his own DLC campaign.

He needs to if Capcom don't want to kill DMC6. Vorgil got his own thing so Itsuno needs to, at bare minimum, match that content.

What is the best DMC show/movie? And I don't mean literally. I mean, what is the best show that has a character with a fighting style similair to Dante in DMC3/4/5? The anime doesnt count cause it isn't anything like a DMC game.

Attached: received_721827898289893.png (1193x625, 1.07M)

demotivated.jpg

Who knows? If not a DLC for DMC5, then a campaing for DMC6, if not, then a DLC for DMC6, the option is there and Capcom has the means, the response and the opportunity.

Attached: 1564724481053m.jpg (724x1024, 118K)

Blade

Do you think Bingo changed his mind on not making a Vergil main game?

Attached: Vergil game.jpg (725x790, 325K)

Some okay flavor in the fight, but shit like Vergil slowly flying around outside the arena was stupid. It's far from the best humanoid boss fight.

Does sparda have mommy issues that run as deep as his descendants' ?

Thunderbolt Fantasy is pretty cuhrazy.

Attached: 1540419816030.webm (512x288, 2.79M)

Fuck this, the first Blade movie didn't have any gravity defying action (Dante's fighting style), is the second Blade movie actually good?

Maybe, but he sure did had a lot of fun writting him in 5.

the bird toes in the hilt are the only think i don't care about design wise, other than that it is pretty much Dante's best sword design and gameplay wise.

Damn, the intense camera zooms, the action, the insane look to it. This is what I'm looking for

Has anybody modded in Mad Qualia as a battle theme yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=tTJxOamTkQg

didn't they plan at one point to make nero and kyrie actualy be blood related?
(as the woman vergil bangs was at one point also supposed to be the mother of kyrie)?

Attached: kyrie4.jpg (1280x1873, 754K)

He has the story, now why the fuck didn't they make him playable yet.

>the first Blade movie didn't have any gravity defying action
Blade jumped from one building to another and kicked a man who was on the ground so hard in the balls it launched him into the air you cretin. Blade 2 is alright, in my opinion not as good as the first but certainly watchable with some neat shit going on. Less said about Trinity the better fun fact though is Ryan was told to play Hanibal King as if he was deadpool

Nero vs Credo > everything

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 118K)

>as the woman vergil bangs was at one point also supposed to be the mother of kyrie

What do you mean supposed to? She is.

Attached: 51486448.jpg (960x879, 42K)

It was a movie about insane action with extremely boring looks at it, filmed like it was Shawshank Redemption

Nero vs Vergil wasn't hype at all and I'd even go on to say it was anticlimactic.
There wasn't enough time spent on developing Nero's feelings after the father reveal and considering that it comes after Dante vs Vergil its impact is immediately overshadowed. I think in DMC3 they didn't want the arkham fight to be a duel with a Sparda clone as it would overshadow the final fight and I now see what they meant.
You get this powerful new tool but you're fighting a weak and defeated Vergil, its completely one-sided and feels very underwhelming.

Go for it. It's only got two short seasons and a movie out, and the writing's fantastic.

Attached: 1470449356586.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

Attached: judgement nut color.jpg (1000x1000, 292K)

Who knows? Some people(including me) are betting that Capcom is planning to re-launch DMC5 in the next generation as a SE, with playable Vergil in it as a marketing device. They probably want to maxmize their profit, so a new gen is the best bet.

Attached: tumblr_pocfslm1zw1s6ub5do9_500.jpg (500x253, 41K)

>They use it as Vergil's theme when he's playable in 5

Attached: dmc_zodiac88_-1134096113802178561-20190530_065558-img1.jpg (3840x2160, 773K)

Attached: 756754734768.png (513x468, 237K)

a full power vergil would still probaly hold back against nero

Attached: how he met your mom.jpg (896x1500, 201K)

The song has nothing to do with him though. it's more about Nero and their fight.

Which mission should I replay today?

Re releasing the same game again with barely any changes won't be a good look for Capcom.

He's probably happy his brother is still an idiot.

Attached: 1536930829630.jpg (408x543, 43K)

>and never getting another sequel after that last disaster.

Attached: 1396136088682.jpg (490x338, 45K)

>Vergil really wanted to have a tail

Kinky bitch.

Attached: EC-jhaiUwAA-_05.jpg (3840x2160, 1.35M)

Everyone's got a sameface in 4, hell you could even say Lady and Nero are related going by the looks alone

Attached: 1562990349483.png (960x527, 273K)

Will you fuck off with this? you keep saying that and it's never any less retarded.

I rather have something like this: youtu.be/W3c0DLUObOU

>Vergil's theme has the duality between Urizen and V
>Once you reach SSS both V and Urizen screams the chorus of the music

Attached: DMC5_Vergil_render.png (524x971, 318K)

will vergil ever mention nero's mom?

Attached: power of sparda.png (2480x3507, 1.98M)

Sounds like shit they'd play in WWE.

What are some strats for Vergil, I can only beat him with DSD.

Doesn't matter, she's dead. Visions of V just confirmed that.

>Visions of V just confirmed that.
whut

>barely any changes
Not if they slap a "Special Edition" and "featuring Vergil from the Devil May Cry series" alongside a 1inch long list of new content.

Come again?

Attached: 1544412139151.jpg (1280x740, 31K)

Perfect.

Attached: 1563771851884.jpg (567x477, 36K)

For Unga, not for Vergil.

This

Attached: 1555109482297.jpg (1514x233, 127K)

Translatorfag is on vacation, please explain.

Attached: 1550796431903.jpg (312x396, 20K)

doesn't sound very Vergil or even DMC esque at all
personally what I would like to see is a remix of Ultra Violet (Nelo Angelo's theme) but done in a similar fashion of how they remixed his DMC3 second fight theme in his intro in DMC4 SE
basically fuse this two themes together
youtu.be/wjJMr4Aafk0
youtu.be/eU4pb4olShY

>she's dead. Visions of V just confirmed that.
What? Did the madlad did it just to follow his daddy footsteps or was she another reason for Vergil's power autism?
>Without strenght you cannot protect anything

Attached: 20190210_144319.jpg (300x419, 50K)

I wouldn't mind an action-comedy that's just the DMC daily life set post-DMC5. Castlevania's writer wasn't really suited for Castlevania and I doubt he'd do better for DMC, so I'd want a new writer, but the same animation team since I did enjoy the action scenes.
Obviously I want the English VA's back, and IIRC Reuben and the others ended up giving a lot of input on how Dante and co. act, so they could keep the tone from veering too far away from being DMC. Besides that there's a lot of fun shenanigans they could have.
>Dante and Vergil's oneupsmanship in everything from demon slaying to talking to clients
>Dante and Vergil getting side jobs to keep the bills paid.
>Nero trying to go on a date without something going wrong
>Nero trying to go on a date without Vergil hovering over him
>Lady absolutely thrashing Dante for scuffing Kalina Ann in the underworld and breaking KA2. Nico makes KA3 later.
>Dante finding out Vergil likes olives
>Patty forces Dante to throw her a makeup party for bailing on her 18th
>Nero spends an episode spying Dante and Vergil compete to get better, fancier, more expensive bouquets for what he assumes is a date and later finds out it's an offering for Eva's grave. Most of the flowers got destroyed by their fighting, so they just leave a single, wilted one.

Attached: Always Sunny in Fortuna.jpg (849x960, 98K)

This guy gets it.

Moondust did it

visions of V????

Attached: kyrie.jpg (829x891, 89K)

What was that song they used when they released 4se? it wasn't a song I'd associate with vergil either

I wanted just the "beat" of the music but with a few lyrics as a nod to V and Urizen
Some instrumental with a mix of these would be good.
youtu.be/_qc1scBcp0A
youtu.be/6ORB1Tcl-xU

Fucking jeally moondust.

>Mundus keeps killing women
Is he an incel?

Where is chapter 10? I know the normal translator said the translation will be late but I can't even find the original. Ogata's twitter said it was uploaded but it appears it was taken down...did he piss off Capcom?

Why would he kill Nero's mom and let Nero live?

he is talking about the prequel dmc5 manga that is currently ongoing, but what he says about Nero's mom either isn't true or he is talking about spoilers that haven't been translated yet, because as far the translation has gone so far the only glimpses of Vergil past we got are either childhood memories or the Nelo Angelo related memories that each of V's summons represent.

Dare I say, based?

How the hell is Jeanne a parody of Dante? Are you as fucking retard?

Attached: 7h3f45k.gif (220x180, 241K)

no he's based

Use Cereberus and do a revolver into long barrel and finish with Hot Stuff. It will destroy his health even on DMD. Just be careful if Vergil is higher than you when he lands.

Attached: 1565634183395.jpg (963x1166, 337K)

So it's just a simple case of having no times for ho's? fair enough.

Attached: 1553651967129.jpg (718x1536, 471K)

>Get Judgement nutted
>Grow babby for 9 months
>Dump babby at an orphanage
>Moondust finds her and kills her

Attached: 1542119182641.jpg (640x360, 32K)

>mfw
>Moondust in the underworld fucking some demon bitches
>Suddenly a minion kicks his door and says that Vergil fucked a human
>Moondust flips the demoness around and goes full flaming faggot
>Moondust says "you don't fuck with a god. That half breed bigger dick is mine"

Attached: 1562548988932.png (681x699, 1.14M)

He's only has eyes for his main ho vergil.

I hate this picture because Dante would never do something like that.

Attached: 1562986038798.jpg (666x712, 92K)

>Once you reach SSS both V and Urizen screams the chorus of the music

Lmao

>Color scheme is kind of similar
>Parody

Attached: 6IG0.gif (333x200, 725K)

>Goo demon + ??? = Centaur
Who's this supposed to be? Berial? But then since when is mundus a goo demon?

>user picks the time when translatorfag is on vacation to drop this on us so we have to wait all weekend to find out if he's bullshitting us

Attached: 1545686097076.jpg (284x387, 23K)

Shit taste. YOU ARE UNDER ARREST.

Attached: angelo_credo_by_heroicferocity.jpg (1024x576, 200K)

that's not what a parody is tho
that's a reference and/or easter egg

I wish they put prop shredder as a replacement for the launcher somehow, like maybe you hold to go up with the launcher but if you just press it then release but quickly start holding again it does prop shredder like normal, then put something else as his YY pause Y attack. I don't know if that's a great explanation but hopefully it makes some sense. An air stinger would have been nice too.

>since when is mundus a goo demon?

Since DMC1 when he breaks out of his shell. He's gooey inside.

Attached: mundus3.jpg (350x216, 18K)

>couldn't defeat a young brash Nero
>while Vergil fucked him up with a single throw
What's he going to do? cluck at us?

>Moondust+Demonic thot=Berial
Don't let the instagram filter fool you, Moondust is a DYEL three eyes faggot under those rocks.

That's an insult to Astral Chain, desu.

>Vergil fucked him up with a single throw

The fuck are you talking about?

>"I'm taking this back"
Not that user by the way.

Her name was Katherine.

Personally it's not even my favorite fight from dmcv. King cerberus was miles better. Vergil has like 2 moves and some pshh teleports behind you stuff.

9mahappytime.postype.com/post/4603340
A total bullshit.

You mean Bayonetta.

DMC5's fanwankery cheapened a lot of the build up in DMC3 for me.

That's goo? I always thought it was flesh and muscle with a bad texture.

Based and wubpilled

Attached: 1544480898706.png (429x889, 169K)

>Katherine

Oh, and let me guess she grew up in an orphanage run by the Order of the sword and a religious leader attacked her most nights.

Attached: kat___dmc_cosplay_by_luckystrikecosplay_d74mw8b-pre.jpg (1097x728, 58K)

>Bayonetta and Vergil had a kid.
Could actually see that shit working out somehow.

Attached: 691224371.jpg (590x350, 34K)

>bass guitar with heavy fire attacks, inverse of Nevan where actually playing the instrument is the gimmick you get on the side
>token devil arm that functions as a firearm is twin icicle drumsticks; Dante rattles them in the air and the sounds of drums and cymbals ring out, followed by ice projectiles

>microphone dagger's blade grows longer the more you yell into the ds4 microphone

I mean the wubs add to the experience, but everything about this fight is so good. Those aoe attacks, different elements, explosions all the fucking time. It feels like you're fighting him all the time while vergil fight feels more like some dark souls shit. Wait for him to finish his combo, counter him until he teleports, repeat.

He is either magma or goo, but either way, I can't see this guy beating anyone, probably sent Sparda to do the hard work.

Nope, he plops out as a pile of goo.

Can we not? I don't want Bayo anywhere near my DMC.

you're unironically a genius

Attached: 2244336658.png (391x339, 176K)

I just got done beating him in DMD. Got only an A but it's a new personal record.

What constitutes "changing the combat" for you?

>Mainline Kat turns out to be Nero's mother.

Even though he treated her like shit he was pretty salty in Vergil's Downfall over her liking Dante more.

Attached: 1548018387170.jpg (1222x1869, 1.64M)

>those faces

Jesus, did they hire the creator of Moon Over June?

Same here user. It retroactively makes evens seem less important or interesting.

>playing DMC V for the first time
>Cavaliere Angelo appears
My God
Why does this feel like the first proper boss fight besides Goliath?

>You gotta time exceed AND knuckle for max nero
>2 fucking strict timing button presses during each attack
I've only ever gotten sss once as nero.
Christ.

Attached: Vergil's ride.jpg (719x701, 84K)

So V conquered Nightmare and the next chapter we'll see what the flashback is?

Map exceed next to Red Queen's button. It makes it a lot easier.

Yamato only but with styles
>Darkslayer yamato focused
>Summoner plays simmilar to V
>some shit with summoned swords
>doppleganger

Attached: 1544311448848.jpg (499x405, 37K)

not cool bro

Attached: 1533852948389.png (503x656, 207K)

It's the first boss you fight with Dante so it feels more familiar as you get back into the groove of playing him

This is my first DMC

It's so simple but the possibilities

Attached: 1551655515734.png (460x423, 251K)

Artemis was okay too but Gilgamesh and V's bosses were pure trash

>DMC6 ends with a boss similar to Credo.

You should fix that by playing 3 and 4

Consistently knuckling every attack doesn't really do much for damage or style. Learning how to use it for negating knockback is the true key.

Fuck off zoomer.

It's not exactly a high bar. Like it's the best Vergil fight in the series but aside from the 9/11 attack it's nothing we haven't seen from him before.

I just needed to say before we hit the bump limit. I want Vergil to wear my thighs like ear muffs until he makes me cum so hard her gets waterboarded.

Attached: 1562821831699.jpg (810x1080, 171K)

wait a minute

Attached: 1552250951605.gif (400x400, 1.76M)

Is ac better than playing V?

>do a combo on an enemy
>sheathe the blade before it hits the enemy so they're never struck with the blade
>this makes the enemy aggro as it's like Vergil is saying it's not worth cutting
>keep repeating this with every move that unsheathes the blade
>style meter soars
>builds up a secondary power bar that unlocks a stupidly powerful sword strike that has a unique sheathe pose (webm related)
>or you can even sheathe cancel that which drains the sword bar into your SDT bar and makes the enemy DT as well
Pls Itsuno

Attached: 1551824329556.webm (1280x720, 2.66M)

I'm not a zoomer, I'm from 1997
But seriously I was always more attracted to slower action games like Monster Hunter, DMC V and Bayo are the first action games of this kind I'm playing. They're pretty great but I hate Bayo QTEs

From a purely gameplay standpoint credo is honestly my favourite boss fight in the DMC series as long as it's on DMD turbo mode, if he was updated to fit DMC 5, had a kickass theme and more narrative importance he would be my favourite boss fight ever.

>They're pretty great but I hate Bayo QTEs
Don't worry everyone does

>later game Vergil has a daughter and she's a protagonist
>She takes after V's playstyle but more advanced

>I'm from 1997

Do you mean you were born in 97? Cause that's a zoomer.

Vergil Battle 2>Ultra Violet> Vergil Battle 3>Super Ultra Violet>Vergil Battle 1>The Duel

Attached: 1566418288563.png (900x506, 687K)

>being this horny

Crimson Cloud time for you too?

I like the Duel and I'd rate it higher than Vergil 3 personally as it's a really tense and almost oppressive song especially as it gets to the height of the music where it's down right domineering.