What truly killed your optimism for gaming?

What truly killed your optimism for gaming?

Attached: MV5BM2U2NmRhNDYtODZmMy00ZTU2LWI4ZDMtYWVhMjEzNzg5ODliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjYwOTc0MTE@._V1_.jpg (1600x1200, 1.65M)

FPS becoming the most popular genre

Overwatch being more popular than jesus for a time

Women

Spore

Trannies

GTA 4, probably.

Everything they touch turns to shit
>gaming
>comedy
>tech
>pro wrestling

Esports, streamers, and just every gaming YouTuber becoming a soulless shill only fueled by money and attention

trannies are doing pro wrestling now?

Sonny Kiss or whatever the fuck, is a legit tranny nigger in AEW. It's all downhill from here

lootboxes, always online, trannies

Companies killing good games.
Square Enix, Gearbox, EA etc.
Imagine if we could have gotten Sleeping Dogs 2, or the original Duke Nukem Forever.

Every game being the same. Im so tired of AAA gaming and its stupid batman eyes

Yea Forums

Trying to stick to the same genres over and over nearly killed my interest. I've since learned that it's best to jump around and play radically different things one after the other to avoid burn out.

The fact that it's more accessible.

manufactured outrage

jewish tactics used to put the white man off video games designed for red blooded males

I replay that game once a year at least, it's great fun and can be finished quickly

Sonny Kiss is just gay as fuck, you're thinking of this bitch here

Attached: nylarose.jpg (630x1200, 73K)

/thread

Nothing so far, I like most games I play.
Pic related got close, though

Attached: 220px-Left_Alive_cover_art.jpg (220x277, 22K)

Attached: MV5BYmI1ZGM4OWItYzM1OS00OGQyLWFlMDMtMDRmMGY2MDg4ZjFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE4Njk5NTM@._V1_UY1200_CR112,0, (630x1200, 144K)

How long until IT chops it's dick off and joins the women's division? A year? I'm not wrong, either. AEW would pay for his whole transition. You really can't disagree with me on this.

Attached: 220px-Metal_Gear_Solid_V_The_Phantom_Pain_cover[1].png (220x220, 73K)

It already joined the womens the division, don't know anything about the situation downstairs and I really don't want to.

Atleast it's being booked as a heel

Being fair, its not the most popular genre anymore.

+ stalker
And duke nukem forever
Half life 3
Anything open world mp I avoid because it's grindy garbage
Pubgay and spin-offs (even though I liked last man standing in quake/unreal days it's overdone now)
Le simcade meme be it fps or racing either make it a sim or a fully arcade style game
Death of arena skill based shooters and the rise of moba lootbox gambling rng shit like overwatch and post f2p tf2
Csgo skins
Gta after SA (I found v to be way more disappointing than iv)
Saints row 2+
Always online
Shitty cash grab early access garbage
Devs getting worse
Tech progress slowing down and price increases moores law dead etc (rtx/dxr is it we have fully path traced games there's nothing new after this since we are at cgi level movie quality visuals higher fps and resolution has deminishing returns over 3k 120hz+)
Egs/valve duopoly forcing me to pirate because fuck the both of them and publishers and early access patreon garbage no demo or free trial no buy
Mobile gaming turned into freemium hell
Gaming community fractured and more concerned about dumb current era politics and pedo tranny agendas while been led by the nose by big noses instead of ACTUALLY GIVING A FUCK IF THE GAMEPLAY WAS ANY GOOD same goes for graphics
Gaming basedstyle journos and social media forever ruining free speech and having fun in games anonymously
What else
Obviously spore/ea
Ummm

FPS at its peak was insufferable
It had like a five maybe six year run at the top, 04-09

the Sleeping Dogs 2 fiasco destroyed my optimism for gaming
it was a hit, everyone loved it, and they just completely ate shit, whoever had the mobile game idea in EA should be shot

this was probably the biggest thing. ever since this, there's only been about 1 or two games, AAA or indie, that i bother playing any more. every year it gets more and more dumbed down as a whole and the """community""" gets more and more insufferable. I dunno if i just grew out of it or what but as a hobby to be a part of it's just so fucking terrible now. you could literally see the quality of both the games and people degrade over the course of several pax's by just attending.

TLoU being successfull

I remember getting the code for Triad Wars, and playing the beta for the first time...
I couldn't believe what they did to it, fuck the publishers, they wasted great developers for this bullshit.
Also I remembered, Arcane Studios made Prey, and then Bethesda moved them to help with Wolfenstein Youngblood.
Why are the publishers constantly wasting the potential of their most talented studios?

Attached: 1560185909924.jpg (2208x1242, 234K)

When I didn’t get the sequel “Tokyo Dreams”

everything MGSV

Politics. Anytime /pol/ self inserts into a game or the devs ironically mention politics I know the game will be shit. Only Dues Ex is the exception.

Attached: 20180921204254_1.jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

Microtransactions in games you already paid upfront for in almost every major title now

Jews

I think Shadow of Mordor was another straw that killed my desire for modern single player. That and the flop of Andromeda, I had such high hopes for that game when they were just teasing such little detail about it over its development hell.

I haven’t bought a recent game in 3 years

When the only focus of devs became graphics.

The realisation that I had wasted hours of my life on a pointless hobby that gave no discernible skills or personal connections

Fallout 4.
First game I pre-ordered, last game I bought.

Cinematic Scripted Scenes

Attached: kik.jpg (326x326, 23K)

Probably Xenoblade 2. Took everything I liked about the last 2 games, set it on fire and then handed me a plate of shit.

the need-online-elements push and western devs embracing cuckoldry

Finding out about the hack and slash genre and then finding out how fucking barren it is in terms of new releases, DMC 5 this year and Bayo 3 whenever which I cant even play anyway cuz its a switch exclusive. At least the games have good replayability tho

People tripping over themselves to be "progressive".