Main bad guy have redemption arc

>main bad guy have redemption arc

Attached: 120257599567.jpg (1030x801, 167K)

Curious how they are going to spin the team into forgiving for murdering all those people.

They kind of forgave him in the main game already

its japanese, he literally could have drowned some puppies or burned an entire orphanage full of children, as long as he learns the power of friendship, they will overlook any unspeakable atrocity he has commited
alternatively, they could completely shit the bed as writers and reveal he never actually killed anyone for ridiculously contrived reasons

They're gonna make Kasumi the real traitor this time around, they've even emphasized that she doesn't agree with the thieves and is with them for her own reasons.

They already forgave him in the base game, and he probably would have rejoined the party if the plot didn't call for him to die like a FF4 character.

He would be easier and make more sense to forgive him if they wrote him a tad differently, maybe not make him a murderer
I always thought it would've been more interesting if the black mask guy who was responsible for the mental shutdowns and the one who killed Okumura was actually the Cognition Akechi that Shido thought up
That way the real Akechi would have more leeway to be forgiven working with a corrupt politician, earning his redemption arc
I would also let Akechi keep his mental breakdown when you fight him due to the stress of having to deal with his asshole dad and his corrupt ways, gives him a little more depth than just crazy bad guy

Akechi always seemed like he was handled poorly in the original game, so I hope they make some kind of changes to him

Attached: 1492130738144.png (512x512, 170K)

The phantom thieves will join Akechi in his murder spree. They tried something similar in P4G with Adachi.

But if that was Cognition Akechi there's no reason for Akechi to be going into the Metaverse

>they've even emphasized that she doesn't agree with the thieves and is with them for her own reasons.
Everything about Kasumi after the initial teaser has presented her in a completely different light. The developers even stated that the teaser might mislead people about her character and that she isn't as anti-PT as the teaser painted her.

>Goro is a good boi that dindu nuffin
>but Mishima is a disgusting npc that deserves to be shat on
What did Atlus mean by this?

Redemption arc is the worst shonen trope, it's never well handed.

Then you could just write it so he only ever worked with Shido in the real world doing shady stuff, that in which gives Shido reason to have a congition of Akechi being him minion doing his bidding in the Metaverse
Having the real Akechi still tail the Phantom Thieves and accidentally going into the Metaverse during the first trip to Okumura's Palace is enough to get him involved with Metaverse and have him do stuff on his own such as getting his powers and trying to stop the Phantoms Thieves from ever possible trying to change Shido's heart, which could have a newly written aspect of him actually wanting them to change his heart and deciding to change sides

It can work if the villains aren’t iredeemable garbage

legit surprises me they showed this in promotional stuff, like we all knew he was probably going to get redeemed or at the bare minimum a sacrifice ON screen that didn't involve disappearing behind a wall.

Riku in Kingdom Hearts

Not sure how they could do that, considering we saw him kill Okumura in his palace

I don't know about that. It'd feel strange for Akechi to tail the Phantom Thieves and miss them at every chance and the chance he does get them he drops in accidentally.

Makes Akechi look like a bumbler and the PT and his dynamic is like Lupin and Zenigata.

PV3 already hints that Goro will end up saving Joker so that will probably be enough for the team.

I hate fujos so goddamn much.

Yeah if they forgive him as is, after he killed goodness knows how many people, it'd be a real step back I think

>Kills two of the main characters parents and many other innocent people
>"But he's tragic!"

Attached: 1532977826124.jpg (544x409, 22K)

ehhh, that's more of a posessed by evil and recovering than truely turning evil.

>directly responsible for murdering Haru's dad and Futaba's mom
>also murdered countless other civilians
>would've murdered the entire Phantom Thieves if he got his way

How will Atlus write the team forgiving him?

Attached: 1564524981683.jpg (500x334, 21K)

At least all Adachi did was kill two skanks and manipulated a cuck into kidnapping people.

....yet Xehanort manages to get away with everything, happily fucking off to the afterlife with his buttbuddy and recieving no consequences for his actions

I fucking hate KH3's ending oh so fucking much.

Why do Japanese games love this trope so much?

Persona isn't even as bad about it as some other ones. In the Xeno games, they literally forgive genocidal villains who wanted to end all life in existence.

Attached: 1564857322607.png (746x492, 167K)

>main bad guy rejoins your party as if nothing happened

Attached: mag2.webm (1920x800, 2.93M)

>killing Okumura
>bad
Oy vey

He's pretty. There I just did it.

How come Adachi's character works so well while Akechi is just fucking terrible?

Attached: 1496203103518.png (253x300, 57K)

>Has standard American working conditions for his minimum wage employees
>"What a shitty adult! He deserves to die!"

Attached: 1495766697092.jpg (702x776, 35K)

And that's right after he revealed he was trying to be a good guy. God that game put such a bad taste in my mouth

When it comes to the Metaverse I think its fine for anyone to accidentally get involved with it when going, they showed that its kinda easy to get pulled in when you are nearby as Ann demonstrated at the beginning of the game
Since its such a phenomenon in the somewhat realistic world the characters they live in, I think it excuses any character for making a slight mistake of getting involved somehow
Despite all that Akechi was able to figure out who the PTs only a few months after Kaneshiro, so he still seems like a competent character even if there is this one mishap of some phenomenon that he couldn't control or predict

>"I exploited people and took their money, I'm fat...I'm ugly, how could I live a normal life? weak people can't live a happy life in our society, I just did what I could to find a place to belong"
god you are such a fat sack of shit, fuckin adults, thinking we give a shit, fuck you Kaneshiro
>I'm a sociopath who has killed countless innocent people because I really fucking hate my dad and wanted revenge because I have abandonment issues
poor baby, society made him this way! how could Shido just toss him away!?
not defending Kaneshiro, he was a piece of shit, but I don't see why Akechi would be treated any differently, he was arguably much worse, the targets of Kaneshiro presumably had their debts called off and went back to their normal lives, same can't be said for Akechi's victims

Attached: 1497817699200.png (600x405, 251K)

Which Xeno villains are worse than Goro Akechi in this regard? Keep in mind that two of the party members parents were killed by him in cold blood for no reason other than him being a psychopath that wanted attention from his asshole father

Funny how Avatar the Last Airbender had a better redemption arc than anything Japan has ever produced

Drug use in Japan is HEAVILY looked down upon. Like say a celebrity gets caught with drugs in the US. Who gives a shit? It's like yeah not shit they do drugs. If a celebrity gets caught in Japan with drugs their career is over, and I mean really over. They'll never act again. So a small time drug dealer over there is basically a devil.

Same thing with Burgerman too sort of. Like the working conditions he put his people through weren't really bad in comparison to the rest of the world. But in japan they have really high workplace standards. Long hours yes, but typically pretty comfy. Also the pay even for a shit job is livable.

P5 was really just "Japan doesn't know what the outside world is like" the game taken to an extreme. The game started off with the best antagonist and then just spiraled downhill. After that there were only a bunch of people that no one would give a shit about over here.

Attached: 1407823923821.jpg (339x394, 18K)

Why are so many people unable to sympathize with Akechi?

Why are so many people unable to sympathize with Elliot Rogers?

Attached: elliot.png (610x355, 288K)

>kills many innocent people in his convoluted revenge scheme
>tries to kill you several times
>"b-but what about my feelings!?"

Attached: 1499065835451.png (512x512, 120K)

>hurr his life was so tragic so saaaaad
Because he's literally a retarded manchild, Futaba and Yusuke had shittier lives yet you don't see them mass murdering people. If he was ugly he would be hated and deemed as the worst persona character ever created

Attached: 44nw5gfm7v631.jpg (1334x750, 80K)

Same reason so many don't sympathize with the adults of the game. Many of whom weren't nearly as bad as Akechi

To be fair Adachi had a ton of development in arena, time will tell if they can fix Akechi or if he will stay as terrible fujobait

You called?

>Kills one person that everyone hated
>Asks out cute girl
>Was more likely ostracized for his hobbies and ended up developing social disorders. Probably has autism too.
>"What a fucking creep. I hope they gas him!"

>Akechi
>Kills dozens including two characters parents because daddy didn't love him
>"He's so tragic!"

Attached: mitsuo.png (267x438, 41K)

Shhh shut up, if we just brutally kill him again he'll just come back with a plan G. Best let him be happy dead

>When it comes to the Metaverse I think its fine for anyone to accidentally get involved with it when going, they showed that its kinda easy to get pulled in when you are nearby as Ann demonstrated at the beginning of the game
And yet they do it in a fucking crowded street several fucking times and no one else gets dragged in accidentally unless the plot needed them too to be a new party member.

Shut up mumkey

Don't we have a board and a half of people that do?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

HE SAID HE WAS SORRY GEEZ

>first game wasn't complete, lo, care to play the definitive version ?
Fuck this.

>adachi Kills two of the main characters parents
Who is it?

>haru's dad
>innocent

Attached: 1280.png (1000x925, 1.06M)

People love redemption arcs so long as they're EARNED, especially if the character is likable/tragic/interesting in some way.

Question, how did he murder Futaba's mom is Futaba was a little girl when it happened, meaning Akechi was just a wee lad? Always seemed like a plot hole. That and the fact that Haru and Futaba never react to the fact that Akechi killed their parents

Imagine caring about any of the characters in P5

based

Based P3 poster

Attached: FB_IMG_1567220777146.jpg (540x540, 70K)

>also murdered countless other civilians
Example? IIRC he's only make berserk that train driver, which results civilians getting hurt. The only people he assassinated is political rivals, his turncoat underlings, and possible threats.

The Phantom Thieves are also murderers so it's fine.

It's not that Akechi will be forgiven, it's probably a matter of the PT having common interests in that extra palace and distorted world. I don't know why people think we'll suddenly have Akechi for the fight against Shido or he just happens to not off himself in that palace, rather he comes back because cognition and shit.

>manages to get away with everything
>happily fucking off to the afterlife
...do you read the words you write?

I think it only happened 3ish years before the story making Futaba like 12-13 and Akechi 13-14 at the time. The game makes it seem like Futaba has been living with Sojiro most of her life of something though for some reason.

The villain dying doesn't really count as comeuppance when he gets to go to Disney heaven happily embraced by the man he killed

So Goro was confirmed to have the Wild Card right? How will they handle that from a gameplay perspective I wonder?

Wild card is technically just being able to have more than one persona. Joker being able to hold so many and use fusion and shit is because he access to the velvet room.

Avatar the last air bender is anime

That's really edgy for a 13-14 year old. Wonder how he even managed to discover how the Metaverse worked let alone pull off an assassination at that age, especially since there couldn't possibly be anyone else experienced enough in the Metaverse to train him.

I thought Akechi was a Senior like Makoto?

Yes, retard.

why are they showing literally everything before release and why do people not care

Hard to say, I mean I guess they're they're doing it to get people excited but some of the stuff they're showing is retarded and should've been left in as a surprise. The Akechi trailer showing him in the party was a huge spoiler and was totally unnecessary.

Japs don't care about spoilers