Are you looking forward to scaling the Gears of War world on a parasail with your friends Yea Forums?

Are you looking forward to scaling the Gears of War world on a parasail with your friends Yea Forums?

Attached: Gears of Sailing.webm (640x360, 319K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hz4xZGydpcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

holy shit did they make gears of war open world?

Attached: 1547467467287.jpg (500x705, 84K)

No, not really.

It's not completely open. It has sections dedicated to exploring more of the world but will still hold traditional Gears sections. They said that Gears 5 is inspired by open world and RPG elements. I'm excited for it. Gears has always had a universe full of untapped potential to show off how cool it can be.

youtube.com/watch?v=hz4xZGydpcU

Attached: katmenu.png (1892x1076, 3.42M)

looks gay as fuck desu, that awful trailer where they used billie eilish tells me everything i need to know about it

>female protagonist
Dropped.

I admit that trailer was absolute garbo but everything they've been releasing has completely buried my soured view from that trailer. The game looks like it's going to bring some much much needed life back into Gears. Also they've been so adamant on bringing Gears to everyone that I can't help but be excited for it. I'm happy to see my favorite franchise return

Attached: emilemenu.png (1918x1076, 2.57M)

Gears lost relevancy after one

Heck yeah

>Hey PLAYER, they are on THIN ICE!!!!! MAYBE SHOOT IT!!!!
Can they also get a napkin and wipe the schmootz off me? I hate it when video games treat the player like a fucking retard. Finding out by yourself that you can shoot ice and let enemies fall in it would be ten times more satisfying.

>*insert game title losing relevancy after first title*
Epic post bro.

That's why I play Gears! To para-sail...

what the fuck happened to this franchise

>Are you looking forward
No. I want to shoot ulgy creatures with a bitch holding a big ass gun.

>your friends
I hate when my fun depends on other people. I only play alone.

What fucking awful protagonists these new games have. I don't mean to sound like a boomer, but Marcus/Dom/Cole/Baird had actual charisma. Then you have JD who no one cares about, and Cait with the depth of a puddle.

I'll never understand these posts. These are the same kind of people who bitch when a game stays the same over and over again but when the devs decide to finally mix up the
formula they say some shit along the lines of "lmfao what's this shit this isn't what I remember." Also anyone who is a real Gears fan has been asking for more open level design for years now because of how much the world in Gears has to offer.

>anyone who is a real Gears fan
should neck himself

>Also anyone who is a real Gears fan has been asking for more open level design for years now because of how much the world in Gears has to offer

I don't remember asking for parasailing around an empty world tho

Women can be tough soldiers too bro

>“Despite this new direction for the series, The Coalition was hesitant to call Gears 5 an open-world game. The open areas are big--director Rod Fergusson told me that in some cases, they were 50 times larger than the average Gears level. However, The Coalition isn't trying to fit Gears into a Grand Theft Auto-style mould; it's creating environments that fit the Gears mould and serve as open spaces that connect each mission and side area.”

From a gamespot article that came out not to long ago. The core gameplay is still there, they’ve just implemented more elements to not make the game dry dragging through corridors for 8 hours. At least it will break the monotony of walking in a straight line. Honest question, what would you want to be changed? Like what would you like to see? I highly doubt you want the exact style of campaign.

No

weebs faggot seething itt

Day 1 purchase for me senpai
I honestly don't smoke weed often (I buy like 1g every 6 months), but you can bet your ass I'm gonna play Gears 5 campaign high as a kite on my 4K TV and it's gonna be GREAT

Attached: 1549144432256m.jpg (1024x576, 42K)

could you be ANY more obvious of a fucking shill my dude

I do want the exact same style of campaign. It's why I played GoW1-3, Judgement, and 4. Will I play 5? Probably, but I'm already not a fan of the direction they went with in 4 and certainly couldn't care less about parasailing to my next objective in 5. It only adds empty minutes to a campaign.

Hello gears developer

Sup

>”stop discussing and showing off a game that has hype and comes on in less than a week”
So you are just seething that we aren’t discussing the size of an anime bitches tits and shitposting about the slayer being in smash

>Gears has always had a universe full of untapped potential to show off how cool it can be.
yes it does. but so far the Coalition have royally fucked everything up.
if you told me some years ago that the new GoW would have been unanimously praised for story and gameplay innovation while Gears -which does indeed have potential- be stale and bland, I would have said you are talking shit.

Should have tapped out at 4, jesus what a clusterfuck.

If you have fun that’s great I’m glad you did but you are in the minority here when it comes to that. Most of us are fucking dried out from playing the same linear ass campaign. At the end of Gears 3 was when I felt it was enough for me. Judgment was boring and Gears 4, despite having some interesting environments, got boring real fucking quick.

Hows the multiplayer. Is the best way to play still to just bounce between pieces of cover, and spam role while brainlessly blindfiring the shotgun?

What's wrong with it?

It's basically the exact same as always and that's a good thing. If you don't like the formula then go play something else.

will it show me a presentation on why women built the world and men should kys before the tutorial section? if not i won't buy it for my wife's son

Absolutely useless post

answer the question or my wife's money will not enter your pocket UwU

I don't think so you cuck, i'm afraid you won't get extra points with Jaquan Jr.

Yeah. Borderlands lite.

its okay, i got enough hubby points this month for her to hold my hand for one evening. i am grateful for what i, as an oppressor, have been given.

It was like the devs ran out of ideas and needed a new antagonist so they found the bottom of the barrel. It was an atrocity that lacked the substance that 1, 2, and even 3 had. It was lacking in every regard.

is this...bait?

The last GoW I played was 2. What the fuck is going on with this series?

Money grab using existing IPs with new ideas

>spam roll
dumbass who never played the game

shut the fuck up faggot

I'm doing a replay of the series, and having a lot of fun right now. I'm unironically looking forward to 5, mostly because I paid all of two dollars to play it.

No, not bait... weed is legal here in Canada and I sometimes do enjoy playing AAA games (or any good games) after smoking weed. I'm perfectly aware of the cancerous potheads in game chats that you hear taking huge puffs from their bongs, followed by coughing and "DUUUUUDE OMG HAHAHAHA. DUUUUDEE HAHA THAT WAS A BIG ONE HAHAHAHAHA *cough cough cough*
But to me weed simply makes the experience more immersive

Attached: 1559280104074m.jpg (1024x768, 84K)

I would say it's probably like the bigger maps in Uncharted 4.

I was done halfway through Gears 3 personally. Those goddamn bullet sponge Lambent burned me the fuck out.

This is a big gamble, but I think it'll help in the long run for microsoft. The casual audience is something Gears hadn't had in a while.