Attached: cube.png (1280x720, 1.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

picroma.com/cubeworld
veloren.net/
github.com/ChrisMiuchiz/CubeWorld-Cracker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>actually posted new gameplay
What the fuck

Attached: 1547692800081.png (259x260, 81K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Why does he do this?
He gets no money from it
Does he just get off to the idea of disappointing everyone?

Attached: 096536768900980.jpg (1124x1098, 174K)

Hobby project, not a bussiness one. So he works at the phase he wants without worrying about money.

He could have retired by now and worked on whatever hobby project he wanted for the rest of his life if he just updated this game when it was still popular.

Soon this game will be finished and maybe we'll even get platform masters one day too.

Looking a lot more polished than the alpha, at least.

IT'S SOMETHING
Just think, we are going to get bannerlord before a cubeworld update

He could retire now with how much he fucking charged us for the alpha

It'll be hilarious if we get cubeworld before hytale.

The game is definitely coming out soon if we're getting 16 minutes of gameplay.

did hytale get delayed again?

That map system he uses must have taken forever to program. It looks great though.

picroma.com/cubeworld

He's still working on...
>4 more biomes
>Procedual Quests
>Background Story
>Housing
>Advanced Skill Trees
>More Classes
>Crowd Control Abilities.
>More Playable Races
>Rare Pets
>Pet Evolution
>4 more bosses
>Artifacts
>Formulas
>Hats
>Vanity items
>PvP
>PvP Online Ladders
>Massively Multiplayer Server

Still got a long wait to go Cubefags.

>picroma.com/cubeworld
When was this even last updated?

6 years ago

Attached: 1554725377693.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

>We're planning to release updates regularly
lol

so what's left?

>we
lol

Him and his wife's lover while she makes them sandwiches.

here's to another 6 years of waiting!

Attached: Cubeworld cycle.png (1952x1796, 399K)

didnt they divorce

I think they have a kid, user.

Is anyone still interested in this after they waited so long and got scooped by Dragon Quest Builders?

i lost my computer that had the game on it :(

The game had potential to be something great, it was just not updated and faded into obscurity.

>implying that means anything
Look who's still living in the 18th century.

You can’t redownload it?

Yes. The rage and somewhat buyers remorse is long gone

i never thought of that

I actually forgot my login ages ago.

nope

DL server seems to be offline.

Reminder that some folks are working on an open source Cube World.
veloren.net/

i just downloaded the alpha user

he's a saint

Attached: 1563566059198.png (400x400, 118K)

I can't wait to give my account password to my kid when I have him and he grows up so he can finally play this game on release

Id pay for his retirement if he just finishes this game and puts it on PlayStation

Thought I was in the Star Citizen thread.

naa this is the bannerlord thread

Holy shit is this still going? I played this thing almost 10 years ago

Attached: 1552430194724.jpg (905x675, 102K)

>WAKE UP BURNING
>Check net
>New MMX:Corrupted gameplay
>New Cube World gameplay
What the FUCK?

STOP MAKING FUCKING CUBE GAMES AND LEARN HOW TO MODEL.

No, they didn't.

JUST PLAY TERRARIA. IT'S LITERALLY 2D CUBEWORLD AND ACTUALLY OUT

>>New MMX:Corrupted gameplay
no way

does it have playable frogmen

there should still be some torrents up desu
personally I'm planning on pirating it again when the update comes. didn't he charge 40 fucking dollars for the early alpha or some absurd shit like that?

>didn't he charge 40 fucking dollars for the early alpha or some absurd shit like that?
Nah, it was 20.

Someone redpill me on Cubeworld. People have been talking about it for years now, I've seen bits a pieces, but don't really understand it at all.

The guy has released one alpha version years ago and nothing since. For a long time there was complete radio silence.

I've always been optimistic, and I'll keep waiting.

The game is made by a guy and his wife as a HOBBY.

just downloaded it

I get that, but what kind of game even is it? The obvious comparison is Minecraft, but I'm sure people will tell me otherwise.

Attached: what_year_is_it.jpg (480x360, 70K)

why do people care about this? the artstyle is ugly, I don't see the appeal

Action RPG with voxel graphics back when voxels were popular several years ago.
The guy released a demo and charged 20 bucks for it, but then never updated it despite promising to like the website that another user posted said he would.

The game was fairly comfy to play but it was also pretty barren since it's an alpha; it didn't have music and there were many issues like the EXP curve being fucked to the point that most people either use a mod to adjust the first 10 levels or a character editor to start at level 5 or 10 or so. It's unironically easier to get exp and grind at high level, and some people are autistic enough to have characters in the hundreds because they've played the damn game for years. There's even a public multiplayer server or two that are up

It basically has the right bits that make it appeal to people wanting to just mindlessly run around in an adventure like old school maplestory did. Hell if the dev actually stuck to a schedule when the game was getting hyped up then it would probably have regular threads here every so often with people getting on to bullshit around.

The version he released way back in the day was pretty fun.

It has very little to do with Minecraft. You can't even dig or build. It's just a third person adventure game.

So is it randomly generated? Is there a story and stuff?

>So is it randomly generated?
Yep. There's different lands with one town in the middle each and a number of dungeons. Each land is a different Biome. The towns have trainers, shops and such. There's also ocean biomes you'll want a boat for.
No story in the alpha version but there was supposed to be stuff like that implemented.

Thank you for reminding me of this animation. Haven't fapped enough times.

Back around 2012, a German guy and his wife were making a 3D adventure game that looked promising to a bunch and showed development footage on the internet. An alpha of the game was in the hands of streamers in early 2013, so naturally people wanted their hands on it as well. So Wollay goes out and releases an alpha, with some bugfix patches here and there. Since July in the same year there's been no updates to the client, and the dev effectively went into radio silence, with very rare Twitter updates showing progress being the only news followers ever got.

Fast forward to now and Wollay has released a surprising amount of new stuff about his game, historically speaking. However, it's yet to be seen if anything will come out of this.

It was just an Action RPG game that looked appealing at the time games like Minecraft and Terraria were very popular. You made a character of four classes with a small bit of specialization involved,and roam around a proc-gen map shooting the shit. The alpha was pretty basic in gameplay (but had working online co-op at least), but the latest footage shows there's more to it.

Either was $15 or $20 US, one or the other.

Sounds fairly interesting, I'll keep an eye on it, thought if these threads are anything to go by, I'll be waiting a while.

What makes this game so fun?

If he ever finishes Cube World and releases it I'll cut my dick off and eat it on a live stream. But that'll never happen.

But why?

OW MY EYES CHILDREN
PLESE STOP IT

I can imagine having to deal with customers is a pain, especially in today's outrage culture.

I had my fun with the alpha but there's no telling what will happen, yeah. The closest the game got to stealing its thunder was Trove, which I haven't tried but apparently it's kinda shit? On the other hand, Cube World isn't even finished. But if it just ever does get a 1.0 release, I wonder if having a hiatus this large would attract more attention as opposed to being transparent with continuous development.

Attached: 1535799881318.png (1538x983, 289K)

When can we expect this? 2030?

what a bland looking image. why make it so big and then have all that white space?

Holy crap, the amount of new stuff is insane. Maps show the cut off for biomes. He completely reworked wand mage to instead fire the beam from the random witches. The ability system has been totally rekeyed. Dammit Wollay. You really were busting your butt trying to overhaul the whole thing, but it won't matter much if you don't release it. It feels like a beta is soon, please do a release for the people that already bought the game. I want to fucking play this, so bad.

I would screencap this, but I know he will release the game eventually and you wouldn't actually do it.

>a beta
Hahahahaha, he's said that he won't release it until it's finished.

I'm slightly disappointed the hang glider is specific to the area you grab it in, as far as I can tell. But I do like the idea of gradually 'conquering' each area you visit as you unlock more upgrades and get more powerful items for that specific area.

Dammit, he's still not even five years out from finished. This is still 10 years, even with all the new stuff. Maybe even longer. With all the stuff he wants to add and this being a passion project of what he feels the game he would want to play is, it will in all likelyhood never be finished. He at the very least should just release shit if he even gets into a position where he can't continue development. It's in a much more playable state then the original was.

>fell for it
>login info is long gone
>when it finally releases in ten years I'd have to buy it again

I think Wollay is the kind of guy who is very peculiar about his own game. If this is still a pet project, I can still imagine him constantly working on this with no output to the public. I'd like to to see him push out the game, then fix whatever's wrong with updates or maybe a sequel.

>Why does he do this?
Because they can capitalize on it later and plus, he's working on this with his wife. So this "game" is most definitely the couples decided retirement plan fund as it's easier to just release a game with your S.O. and update it from time to time that you can release microtransactions for easily if you please while also living in a world you created like some sorta god.

Attached: 654561256456456456.png (844x604, 69K)

Looks cool.

Sauce on the animation?

With all the features he wants? Probably around then if he can manage, but maybe even later. He's still got a lot more to go, he's got procedural quests down it seems. But he's still got to do more races for the player, pets, skill trees, vanity, a pvp system. With how particular he is and how he's completely scrapped the original idea for quests, it could take forever.

There's a lot of misinformation regarding Cube world.

You guys all think it was a scam or something like other indie games, where in reality it was just a hobby project of his. Of course Yea Forums and co were demanding he released it while it was still unfinished since
>hobby project
and then Yea Forums gets mad when its unfinished

It'd be nice if he'd just reopen the darn store.

>update it from time to time
If that was his plan then it's a bit too late for that

I'd be fine with it being an early access game, at least I could play the latest version.

>update it from time to time

except the only one who can play these updates is wolay and his wife.

its been 6 fucking years already

>release hobby project in alpha knowin full well it's not done and wont be for years
>take people's money for said project
>remove game from store and never release any updates for over 6 years
>people have literally paid for a game and have not been able to play the most recent version of said game for OVER SIX FUCKING YEARS because he's too stubborn to push out updates.

yeah no he's a cunt who doesn't give a shit about his fans

>Jun 26, 2009
fuck

Don't hurt me like this user, it's been such a long time. I wish I could login and download my copy though.

Attached: cyube.png (240x250, 36K)

This shit's gonna have a 1.0 version before Wollay releases another update.

Attached: screenshot_1566525273985.png (1150x684, 968K)

Does anyone have a copy of the released version? I can host a server for old time's sake.

The project was done with her wife.
They divorced long ago, which made Wollay go ob histus for 2 years.
Then started updatig again but obly some pics every few months till today.

And at this point, probably their child too.

github.com/ChrisMiuchiz/CubeWorld-Cracker
Yes this shit works.

>They divorced long ago
Did they really?

>>did hytale get delayed again?
>>delayed again
Hytale never had a release date to begin with, so I doubt it's coming out this year to begin with. I think we'll be lucky if it comes out first half next year.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHEN IS IT OUT

Attached: 1516113370423.jpg (540x540, 33K)

holy fucking shit it's fucking REAL, holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you got me fucking hyped Wollay, you better release this shit by 2020.

never

>6
user... Cube World started development in 2011.
It's been 8 years.

last update was in 2013

then wollay just sort of gave up and pulled the game from the store

>FPS: 9

He's still got like ten features to go on his list and they are all big shit. Rare pets, a revamp of the pet system, pet evolution like fucking Digimon. This thing isn't going to be out till 2030 at the pace he's going.

hytale will be done sooner and be better sadly. Really sucks i was praying for cube world

I'm not falling for this shit again.

The absolute madlad.

don't give a shit if it's in 2020 or 2050, if I can play it and if I like it it's good enough for me.

Lads. I've been looking for a game for so long. It was like a strategy-building game with block based world and you have little people that you tell to dig out things and build and stuff. It was only in development, but I don't remember the name

lol once hytale comes out this game is going into the dust bin years too late.

Attached: download (1).jpg (208x242, 13K)

castle miner Z

Why the fuck would you cover the names and e-mails when they're publicly available?

Great give it some more time and I'll be a millionaire.

No. You weren't playing a character, you were telling them what to do.

To not be accused and reported for doxxing

fortress craft

holy shjit

Sburb

Castle story.

Na, it was like RTSy. You weren't playing a character like in an FPS.

That's it. Thank you. L

>I'll keep an eye on it,
Haha. Retard. None of us here in this thread will live long enough to play Cubeworld release.

>L
Looks like it's out to not much acclaim.

total miner

>he hasn't taken the panacea pill
lmao

>2020
Try 2040

Werks on my machine.

Attached: Screenshot_20190831_185638.png (1870x1051, 1.77M)

>get to first ocean biome with my couple of friends in coop
>a couple of awe struck retards boating around
>find the town and keep fucking around because ocean is beautiful

this game was so fucking comfy

>MiNuS 8

Boating around with friends while listening to the Wind Waker overworld theme was pretty comfy.

go for it mate

Well, I've opened my ports a thousand times, but now it's not working.

just pirate it.

Still a more finished product than Yandere Sim will ever be.

Attached: waiting-skeleton.jpg (225x195, 45K)

Trove doesn't come close. It had its chance in early days but went full paywall shit like all mmos do.

Well shit.

>full paywall shit like all mmos do.

Isn't this nearly every F2P though? They start promising but manage to piss everyone off with one update.

but doxxing is the act of posting private information.

Since it is not private, its not doxxing.

I know, but someone might not now these are public and report their post.

At least he's still working on it. Don't know what the fuck happened to Towns dev.