>One of your favorite games which aged like wine

>One of your favorite games which aged like milk

Attached: 1553084014088.jpg (720x405, 29K)

>Gen 8 doge vs Gen 1 doge

games don't age, tastes change

STALKER
Half Life

Majora's Mask

Ultimate Spiderman

Half Life
STALKER

>play the game
>10 years later
>play the game again
>it's literally the same game
What the fuck Yea Forums, you told me games age?

GSC

SMUSUM

Kingdom Hearts 2

Bioshock

Games don't age, they are not organic.
Games never change.

Are you retarded?

They do sometimes

3D games usually age a lot faster than 2D games though. And things that used to be outstanding and innovative might be generic and standard nowadays.

Micro Maniacs

Sonic Adventure 2

Devil May Cry 1
Demon's Souls

Aged like wine: Super Mario Sunshine
Aged like milk: Super Mario Galaxy

Games don’t age

Gothic 2
Oblivion

Are you people retarded or just pretending?

Rescue Rangers aged like fine wine

Castlevania 3 aged like a jar of cum

Attached: Chip_n_Dale_Rescue_Rangers_Coverart-5.jpg (1090x680, 183K)

Wine: Resident Evil 4
Milk: Jet Set Radio (only gameplay wise, still a great game)

You, my friend, are the retarded one if you think games age.

Crash Bandicoot
Age of Empires I

Games don't age. No matter how many years pass, it's literally the same game. How does something age if it's literally the same?

We can't play them in CRT anymore so for sure time changed them. They're different now.

If you really wanted to you could.
Are you genuinely retarded perchance?

Based. Crash 1 is eternal.

>3D games usually age a lot faster
That 3D game I played on the PS2 still looks like it did 17 years ago.

That's like going to a 50's diner and saying the 50's never left while drinking corn syrup-laden Coca Cola and watching Family Guy on the TV.

>Food analogy

>Spyro 1
>Spyro 2, Spyro 3, Banjo Kazooie
Fuck missions

Coca Cola was considered food in 50's?

half life is way better than i remember it being

sorry, I didn't think you were actually retarded

>any nutritious substance that people or animals eat or drink or that plants absorb in order to maintain life and growth.
Yes.
I am convinced you are actually mentally retarded.

In this case the formula of coke changed and the TV programing changed.
With games, however, everything is exactly the same, the coke has the same formula, the TV has the same shows, any change is external.

>nutritious substance
>Coca Cola

Attached: 0.jpg (480x360, 11K)

>play Ocarina of time in 199X
>it's mindblowing with never seen before state of the art graphics and non-linear semi-open world adventure gameplay

>play Ocarina of Time in 2019
>it's a shitty ugly empty adventure game that was done better by other games released the years after it and there's no reason to play OOT anymore but nostalgia
Yea Forums be like: games don't age lol

Attached: 1565202274862.jpg (481x394, 36K)

Mario 64

Smash bros brawl
The brawl modding community is tight though

Spyro 2 is better than 1, what’s wrong with you?

wine: Phantasy Star 4
milk: Sled Storm

The game is exactly the same as it was back then, what are you talking about?
Tastes change, but the game doesn't.

that's you being a retard though. It's literally the same game, it didn't age

Good games are always copied. It’s hardly empty though anime loser

Why is Yea Forums so bitter and sour about food analogies? It's literally built into the English language sweetie.

You can play ot for the adventure though. Its still a great game. Its innovation has been outdone many times many fold, but its still a fun adventure

Final Fantasy 6

Threads of Fate

It's not a food analogy. 50's diners are a throwback to the 50's that just happen to serve food. That's like saying Ocarina of Time is a food analogy because you can drink milk in it.

And games age. All things age. It's called entropy.

Why is it that literally every fucking thread becomes an argument about semantics. If you're actually unironically saying " But games don't age OP" you are clinically retarded

Doom
Dawn of War

6 is a turd, only 5, 7 and 8 aged like wine. 9 is only playable on emulator to remove the slowdown and 6 is fundamentally broken mechanics wise and the characters suck

>Disks rotting
>Cartridges yellowing
>Consoles malfunctioning
bro games don't age

Attached: 1565096810944.jpg (676x698, 101K)

Wrong.
There is no supercharge challenges.
There is no actual difficulty that isn't just "this mission is too retarded"
The levels are stubby as fuck and outside of the Autumn Plains level there isn't any satisfying long range jump, something both Spyro 1 and 3 do better.
Two thirds of the missions are total trash, backtracking is a chore.
It doesn't have the thematic integrity and build up of Spyro 1, there is no build up of increasingly weirder levels before you finally reach the last world, you just play random levels until the game kinda ends.

It is true. The games themselves don't change, just your perception of them.

based retard

>what are digital games

The physical cartridge ages. Video games themselves do not. What you played 20 years ago has not changed you autistic fucking retard.

How does entropy effect games you retard? That is like saying text and music ages, they don't.

Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 4-6, every Sunsoft game, Kirby's Adventure
most late 1990-93 NES games are incredibly timeless

>autists have a problem with not taking things literally

They most certainly do. Emulation is not a 1:1 copy so once the carts deteriorate beyond pristine condition the game is no longer the same.

Most arcade games cannot under any circumstances be played as they once were.

It's clearly not what OP is talking about. Is he asking what games have the physical media most likely to rot? No, he is asking a dumb redditor question.

Incorrect.

>OP setting this hard

This, and it's retarded autists thinking they're smart, a bad combination.

Sure,and people refer to that very feeling as games aging. Its as simple as that. But people keep being pic related

Elaborate. I grow weary of your litany.

>pic related

Attached: 1541949820037.jpg (1021x964, 94K)

Not really. I replayed OoT a year ago and still had a good time with it.

Your face is a jar of cum

Kh2fm
Oblivion

Attached: giphy (2).gif (480x267, 1.55M)

But that's wrong, since the game aging would be an objective thing that's same for everyone since it would be a change in the game itself, but your perception of games are subjective.

>Analogies are reddit

Attached: okkid-ok-kid-memes-49523190.png (500x586, 159K)

go play Goldeneye 64 then claim that shit again

This.
I have played games decades, even two decades after they came out and still enjoyed them.

>that file
jesus fucking christ user, I don't know if you're reddit or not but you definitely don't belong here

Claim what?
That it's the exact same game as it was when it launched?

Oh my god dude, do you have the ability to think outside the box? Do you actually understand analogies, personifications, or other such writing techniques? I am at a loss for words. This is the most retarded argument. Sure, the games haven't aged, we have. But thats fucking implied in the analogy. Thats what the fucking question is refering to. This is the stupidest fucking thing i the world. Go on, call me a redditor now

Wind waker

Twilight princess

>games age

Attached: 74564352341.jpg (600x604, 51K)

it was great at the time but its shit by comparison to modern shooting mechanics

GAMES DON'T AGE, WHY WOULD YOU SAY THEY AGE, THEY AREN'T PEOPLE I DON'T GET IT!

Attached: you guys are fucking autists.jpg (480x360, 46K)

This is appropriate. That doesn't mean the game aged. It didn't start walking slow and start developing worse reflexes and complaining of aches and pains you may have on the other hand

Lets take a step back to think about what it really means to age. What is the meaning behind the word? We are all advancing plank frame by plank frame uniformly. Can we even say that we ourselves "age" when all we're doing is following the universe's laws? How can a car be 10 years old when you have lived through those very 10 years with it. Is there a parallel universe, or in fact is there a side to our own universe that is a mirror image of our concept of time? Do those people living their lifes backwards ever question this? Does life make sense backwards?

Swap both

You can make a tunic or some shit from the middle ages right now if you wanted to, it hasn't aged and if you use the same materials it'd be the exact same as it was back then
Doesn't mean it's not dated when production methods, styles and standards for comfort have changed over the years
and it's probably itchy

This is outside the scope of this discussion, I'm afraid you have to leave sir.

it did age. the game is old. the mechanics and technology are old and outdated, a product of their time.

>that doesn't mean the game aged
"aged" literally means to have existed for a long peroid of time

Attached: 1504539977865.jpg (692x488, 53K)

Halo 3 ODST
New Vegas

Imagine genuinely being this stupid.

Attached: image.jpg (720x629, 31K)

ITT: autists ruining what could've been a good thread.

Wine: Mario Party 2
Milk: Valkyria Chronicles 1. I beat it once like 8~ years ago and tried to play it recently and it was just a tedious hassle.

>play shitty game as a child
>think it's a great game because I haven't played a good game before
>20 years later
>play the game again
>it's actually shit
Wow dude bros the game sure have aged, it was perfect for it's time, definitely not me being an inexperienced, easily impressed child

>20 years ago user was calling out games for their dated mechanics before better mechanics even existed
woah

Context is important. Aging in this context is a set that would be too long to describe all the time. Just like soul or comfy. So by claiming that games don't age you are either purposefuly making this board worse by shitposting and fishing for meaningless replies or you have problems understanding abstract concepts outside of literal descriptors.

To answer OP's questions:
Duke Nukem 3D
Final Fantasy 7

Attached: jesus.jpg (763x586, 73K)

Some games do age badly but only in the context that it's harder for new people to get into them. If you were already able to play and enjoy them in the past then it's impossible for them to age 'badly' since you should easily be able to put yourself back into that head space.
Unless you're like retarded or something I guess.

World of Warcraft (classic)

GTA 5

>wine
MGS2
>milk
Shogo

never seen it summed up so well

Shogo was bad even when it launched tho (critical hits being one of the main offenders along with the AI)
It was literally unfinished
i still enjoy it and play through it every few years

Aged like wine: BLOOD
Aged like milk: Any halo game

FF7 is still good.
t.someone who played it for the first time 4 years ago and had a fucking blast

>wine
Castlevania 1
>milk
none of my favorite games fit this criteria

Yup, exactly what you said.
Still even with it's faults, it's close to my heart.

Also, I've been sleeping with your sister

MAGIC CLAW

>Wine
Infinity Engine games
A lot of isometric 2d shit
RTSes hold up

>Milk
Half of the early first person shooters.
"Open world" games.

>blood
>aging well with those controls
God I wish.

or, games dont age, you just have better perspective to see how shit they always were. You dont have to be a time traveler to tell how shit ocarina always looked or that FF7 looks like legos, i did when i was a kid.
>duke nukem
lmao

>wine:
Donkey Kong Country 2
>milk:
Uncharted 1

based
also, this applies to the internet in general these days

YES SIR YOU ARE MY PERSONAL HERO SIR

Hmm...

By the way Commander, I'm pleased to know that you checked into regional diagnostics, it's about time you showed a little initiative.

>Aged like wine
Tiberian Sun.
Good looking graphics, intuitive interface, you learn the game as you progress.
>Aged like milk
7th Legion
Horrible buggy animations, trouble running on a modern machine, you can break the game with enough luck, some game elements are retarded.

Wine with a little bit of milk mixed in for good measure

Attached: DP.jpg (1920x1080, 367K)

>Disks rotting
>Cartridges yellowing
>Consoles malfunctioning
nigga, do you live under the sea?

have you seen a super nintendo in the last few years

nigga just oxyclean it