The nintendo switch made me really appreciate the abstinence of trophies and achievements...

The nintendo switch made me really appreciate the abstinence of trophies and achievements. Every time when i played on my PS4 i was obsessed with platinum a game. I even looked through the requirements for certain trophies before starting a new game. I spend endless hours still playing a game that i have already beaten. I wasn't enjoying it and it was just tedious...
All this hard work just for a icon that nobody cares about! No one of my "online friends" will go through my psn profile and care about my "achievements"

Does anyone feel the same?

Attached: IMG_2853.png (272x313, 132K)

The nintendo switch made me really appreciate the abstinence of netflix and youtube. Every time when i played on my PS4 i was obsessed with watching videos.

Does anyone feel the same?

>Does anyone
Well sure, the internet is a big place, no matter what you feel on anything at all there is almost certainly at least one other person who feels the same way.

In this specific case though just recognize it's your own turbo autism OCD, which on Yea Forums you will actually find a lot of. Me for example, for games I like and certain genres I have a strong urge to 100% them. And there is nothing wrong with just going with avoidance as part of a coping strategy.

At the same time though there's nothing inherently bad about achievements either, they're merely yet another form of vidya virtual award system the same as scoring for example. They can be used and misused, but when used well in a good game they can add to the fun by creating a soft push to get out of the typical min/max rut which is also something a lot of us OCD types can end up in.

And it is possible to just get over the urge for trophies specifically, at least for general games.

You can be casual and not play or finish your games on switch without looking like a shitter.

Be honest to yourself just for one second do you really care how others play video games?

>asking this on Yea Forums

Attached: 1348150316559.jpg (645x773, 42K)

Most games don't record those as achievements though. You may get 1 for a general "finish the game" if you are lucky (which you can just plow through on easy). They are all about collecting 100 memes and harassing your friends list now.

this really sounds like a you problem
trophy/achievement hunting was always considered a niche player base, despite the 100+ million consoles out there
if 95+ million have no issue handling this system, why can't you?
it's easy to either ignore, or only go after games you already played and enjoyed and want to 100% after the fact

Attached: ape.gif (282x263, 1.18M)

Yes I'd love to see every Yea Forums commenters achievements. It would expose all the faggots that talk shit about games they've never or hardly played.

i dont understand how trophies are any different than going for 100% completion or something. i just drop games whenever i get sick of them and save the pointless grinding for multiplayer shit

>Does anyone feel the same?
I sure don't.
If you don't like trophies you can just not go for them. I suppose an OS wide setting to disable the notifications somewhere would be nice.
If you feel compelled to do complete them anyway that sounds like a personal problem.

>I suppose an OS wide setting to disable the notifications somewhere would be nice.
pretty sure both PS4 and Xbox One already have that

>basing what you waste your time on on wether or not other people will care about it
Ever heard of doing things for you? Why do you give a fuck if other people don't care about your platinums? And even then, trophy Hunter communities exist. Psnprofiles is a website full of other trophy hunters. If you want people to acknowledge you that bad, go join the community you fucking moron

They don't. You idiots have been saying this since they were first patched in on PS3 in July 2008 despite N O B O D Y craving for Xboner shit..

>bro just turn them off lmao

>They don't
why lie
just go to notifications and turn off off trophies, exactly what that post ask for

Attached: notification.jpg (600x337, 32K)

The absence of them only proves that Nintendo consoles are for casuals only

i like achievements, they're basically bonus content for me to do once i'm done with the game
i don't like ones that just unlock as part of the main story though (except maybe one for finishing it)
and yeah there should be an option to disable them in any system that has them because not everybody likes them

you are actually retarded

>casuals only
Not true at all since Nintendo games back then where known for their difficulty

Thanks Trevor

Achievements are like the one thing on gods green flat earth that the switch is missing you retarded son of a whore

>back then

and now?

True. Trophies/achievements are one of the best features of last gen.

Attached: plats.png (1393x2658, 1.08M)

/thread

Great job man but who cares for all this hard work? Besides obviously you

why would you assume that matters

I never really cared much for achievements but I do like the badge I get for actually completing it.
Its not a biggie but 100% a game and having a platinum trophy is a nice bonus rather than JUST 100% the game.

Also, sometimes I think they actually make players try out new things.
Don't Starve doesnt have achievements on PC and thus, I never really bothered playing certain characters. Maybe this is a good thing in the sense that I never wasted my time with something I'm not interested in. But on the other hand, an achievement regarding those characters would definitely have me pick the, up.

Europa Universalis 4 is also a good example. Its a game in which you can play in various ways with any fucking country. So achievements that specify certain actions/unifications or creation of certain countries while starting as a specific minor one are good ways to make people engage in new things and challenges. I certainly wouldn't have played half the countries I did if it wasn't for achievements daring me to do something specific as that country.

>Be honest to yourself just for one second do you really care how others play video games?
Obviously what if they're playing it wrong or are bad? Like you sound like a bad player. Trophies help objectively show how bad you are and how you're playing the games wrong so we can mock you for it even harder. If you don't know how to have fun correctly gtfo.

So what's the purpose of you hunting for all these digital numbers?

That's your autism, not the problem of trophies/achievements. Just hide them if you're so worried about what your friends think

it's fun

It's embarrassing how feature-bare the Switch is - I say this as a Switch and PS4 owner. On my PS4, I can pop in a 3D blu ray and watch it in my virtual reality theater. I can make my UI look like super robot wars. I can even pick how long I want to power the USB ports in sleep mode. Switch? I can calibrate my drifting joycons and change the brightness. It doesnt even have fucking folders for games. And brainwashed tendies will defend this.

>Like you sound like a bad player
I'm not and i'm probaly also more passionate about actual good games worth my time

Just don't give a fuck if a tranny or a underage kid talks shit about games that i like

Attached: IMG_7195.jpg (2448x3264, 1.1M)

>actual good games
>FromShit

I usually treat achievements as kind of a travel guide. Like a "be sure to check all these out to get the most out of the game".

Pls name your favorite game

Fuck I don't know. If pressed I'd probably say Resident Evil (2002) or Sin & Punishment Star Successor.

I know, they are shit.

I now play games until I am not interested anymore, disregarding everything else.

When you get older you realize that you're time is precious and getting some tedious achievement isnt worth.

I'm the same. It doesn't even matter on Steam achievements for me, but Trophies somehow matter to me more.

You can use SAM on PC to unlock all of the achievements. You have to actually learn the trophies on the PS4 so it makes it more "worthwhile".

I've never used that, but I sometimes still go for Steam cheevos. Especially good on games like CIV so you try out different civs etc. But the trophy unlock sound is the most satisfying thing

>time is precious
>still wastes it on Yea Forums

brothas gotta point

Attached: tito.png (212x166, 74K)