Sekiro

Now that the dust has settled, was it rushed?

Attached: image1.jpg (1202x676, 95K)

It's a very solid stand alone action rpg. It'll be one of the recommended games to play for this generation.

every fromsoft game is rushed

It was great on your first playthrough but like most souls games it has shitty replayability. No, increasing the stats slightly, adding one or two enemies and picking a different weapon doesn't count

It's a different game without the charm, but very few people would try to make such a playthrough. Especially those who struggled with the game as is.
Personally, I got good 50 hours out of it. Getting platinum and beating it charmless.

Just B-team game design, gets old fast. Elden ring is going to be god tier

it's fun for what it is.

I liked a lot, a great game it was.
Easily in my top 5 list

DLC when? Couldn't even finish DS3 after Sekiro graced me with its gameplay and bosses.

This. I started a DS3 playthough before Sekiro's launch and had a good time getting back into it. Once I was done with Sekiro and got back to DS3 I couldn't bring myself to play anymore

The only memorable boss fight was Guardian Ape and Isshin the Sword Saint.

You're missing the Blazing Bull that rustled many jimmies. Also Genichiro that rustled many jimmies.

Genichiro is as vanilla as it gets and then the 3rd phase is literally a tutorial for the Dragon """boss fight""".

Yeah, yet it broke the neck of many a casual gamer. For someone good at the game there isn't a single memorable boss fight except Sword Saint. For the baddies there were a few.

>all those reused bosses, minibosses, and areas

Yep. Most obviously rushed Fromsoft game since DS1

Great game but yes it feels rushed. They reuse so many assets and there are very few secret areas.
True Corrupted Monk, Owl, Genichiro, Divine Dragon, Gyoubu.

It was probably rushed.
Pretty decent though but it just didn't feel entirely well thought out.
The control scheme alone should be indicative of how the gameplay was fumbled and the game's nonlinearity contributes less to feeling like a journey and more to feeling like you're fulfilling a shopping list.

That has less to do with you interjecting Sekiro and more to do with the fact that DaS3 has an insufferable stretch of awful areas in it that quickly sap enthusiasm once you get to them because so much of what comes after Settlement aside from Cathedral is just so shit.

DaS2 is recycled scraps stitched together with hallways and elevators.
DaS3 was liberally reshuffled to be make it work at all even when the game feels like they continuously took shortcuts to make deadlines.

>DaS2 is recycled scraps stitched together with hallways and elevators.
>DaS3 was liberally reshuffled to be make it work at all even when the game feels like they continuously took shortcuts to make deadlines.

Yet they both had FAR more than 10 bosses and 6 areas

>rpg

Attached: 1557582029872.jpg (525x525, 62K)

>recycled boss that you can cheese the only hard with a death blow
>vanilla as it gets
>vanilla as fuck
>gimmicky boss impossible to lose to unless you are mentally damaged
>big mob that speaks loudly, if anything the horse was more memorable

You're complaining about how bad the boss is by breaking the game or playing the game in the most boring way.
And what do you mean vanilla? Some of or even most of the best boss fights in Souls are the ones where you are put up against someone that is much like the player themselves, Artorias, Gherman.
Doesn't matter if it's gimmicky cause the question is about whether it was memorable and it's definitely memorable for its cinematic quality and i don't agree with the notion that difficult is automatically good.

There's no point in arguing since it all comes down to personal taste but i think Sekiro has a really great collection of bosses.

>Hard =/= memorable

Feels the most "finished" out of all their action games

One of the best games this decade easily

t didnt finish it