The Talos Principle on sale

store.steampowered.com/app/257510/The_Talos_Principle/

Just here to notify that one of the best games of the generation you probably haven-t played is at -80% on Steam.

Attached: image_jpg_300x300_q85.jpg (200x300, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g5FloMq9Lck
youtube.com/watch?v=3E1d3YLg8N4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Playing the VR version with my rift

its fucking hard when you actually need to move your body/arms/head and use your brain

Would never play a vr version of a game as complex as this one

I would for a 2nd playthrough simply because of how gorgeous the environments are.
Sadly their engine doesn't work on linux, but back when I was on Win10 I learned to use it in order to make my own levels using their assets, and boy was is great. Too bad it's so complicated to learn most people just don't bother with it.

Can a brainlet like me get into it?

I already beat it.
The base game at least, the DLC was too hard for me because I'm retarded.

I loved that game but I always felt intimidated by Road to Gehenna, even though I'm interested in its story.
It's been a few years now and I'm afraid I won't be able to get into Gehenna if I don't replay the original game again first.

environments are beautiful, exploring is fun in vr, and the interactions with the computer improved.

But some puzzels are just too difficult in VR

Definitely. It's complex, but no puzzle ever gets to the point where you'd get stuck on it for days.
However, be warned that if you plan on getting all the stars (sorts of bonises that are hidden across the levels), you're going to suffer, I gave up after getting most of them.
Also the DLC is super worth it if you liked the main game.
P.S. Play it on Vivid.

>It's complex, but no puzzle ever gets to the point where you'd get stuck on it for days

Attached: 1462558315870.jpg (583x616, 20K)

The DLC is definitely meant as a challenge, I tgink it's easy to get lost, I'd say itns a good idea to sketch the level you're trying to compmete from different angles and try and understand what goes where.

Fuck off with your politically charged bullshit. You can't go 10 minutes in this game without the developers going "hue hue why aren't you atheist yet" it's annoying as fuck

Yea Forums is too dumb for this game

Attached: 1562881099928.png (1200x796, 790K)

Just here to notify that one of the best games of the generation you probably haven-t played is at -100% on TPB.

Attached: Capture.png (1235x362, 38K)

Wish they'd port it to psvr, I'd rather not shell out for an expensive headset

after half an hour trying I just watch the solution on youtube

Attached: tehee.gif (510x290, 474K)

I completed the whole game in a week, what's your point? I'm by no means a genius let alone a puzzle game enthusiast. Just a fag with too much time on his hands.

I guess I'll get it then.

Mind you the hardest I've tried on a harder puzzle games was Baba is You and frying my head completely with La Mulana.

never
psvr toy cant handle those graphics

lol @ brainlets thinking this is better than SOMA

They're not even comparable. Talos Principle is much closer to something like Portal.

I pirated it on release because everyone circlejerked it, an irl friend recced it and everyone shouted ITS JUST LIKE PORTAL and i liked portal, but it's just boring.
The story is laughably pretentious, the visual design is neat but a chore if you want to tell apart which things you need for the puzzle, the puzzles themselves are not really imaginative and it's just dull
I couldn't even finish it

Well TP has gameplay for a start

>mfw chopping down trees

Attached: index.jpg (292x172, 12K)

i love to hug those balls

Attached: SED4_TTP1.jpg (746x420, 76K)

Thought it was boring but I'll finish it one day. Does it become much better later on?

>Definitely. It's complex, but no puzzle ever gets to the point where you'd get stuck on it for days.

Wasn't there a part where you have to use a real life QR-code reader to solve a puzzle?

Talos is very different from Baba is you, but similar in a way.
Talos will always present you with the same items and a clear way to finish each level, Baba has a tendency to bend rules a little more, but they're more or less the same caliber, I'd just say Baba is more about trying until something works whereas talos is more about spending 10 minutes thinking about the puzzle then completing it in one go, obviously you'll attempt it and that'll make you realize the flaws in your thinking.

I see exactly which one you're talking about, and yes, you have to use a QR code reader, but it's only to access a star, read : bonus content that isnnt required to progress in the game or reach the ending.

Yeah, that one was pretty bullshit out of line with the rest of the game.

>game has philosophical themes = PRETENTIOUS!
I hate faggots like you, you drag storytelling down.

Post yfw roman numeral star

>but it's only to access a star, read : bonus content that isnnt required to progress in the game or reach the ending.
Why are you lying like this, when stars are required for an ending?
Also, "a game you've probably never played" - we had fucking dozens of threads when it was released and for the few months after it. It was a good game. DLC was good to.

>The story is laughably pretentious

I really don't see how.

I'm dumb/bad at puzzles and I still like it. I solved the tetris puzzles through nothing but trial and error

>The DLC is definitely meant as a challenge, I tgink it's easy to get lost, I'd say itns a good idea to sketch the level you're trying to compmete from different angles and try and understand what goes where.
I found it doable anyway but this is good advice, it reminds me of the sort of thing I had to do for games like Myst and Riven back in the day. It's been a long ass time though.

Now that I think about it, that would be a really legit use for a tablet for once, have some sort of simple companion app that is just for mapping and note taking that then syncs with in-game too. Probably too niche for any dev to ever make but it'd be cool to really have serious note taking and annotation support pushed forward in a vidya and have it really be necessary to win.

It's not, the meat of the story takes a backseat so you can play your puzzles in peace, but gives you something engaging should you wish to pursue it. That's the opposite of pretentious stories in games.

>The story is laughably pretentious
Past the Egyptian zone, I actually agree. All the text choices in the Medieval zone were basically "let's shit on Christianity", and the audio logs past that point were a real fucking chore, putting in ridicolous stuff like gay marriage.

I prefer the DLC purely because there are no fucking humans, and the story revolves around what are basically atustic Yea Forums robots.

it is a very good and long game

Attached: talos principle.png (986x1378, 1.12M)

kys

but the ending is the best part;_;

I'm so glad I'm not this much of thin skinned snowflake retard holy shit.

Attached: HUUURRRRRR.png (209x215, 3K)

What's the gameplay like? I assume there's no combat. Is it a puzzle solving game?

recommend good puzzle games pls

It's not really, if you've ever watched TNG and specifically the Inner Light episode.

The Talos Principle

>puzzle game

Thats a yikes from me, dawg. If I wanted to think I'd go to the library.

Attached: no way fag.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>What's the gameplay like? I assume there's no combat. Is it a puzzle solving game?
The comparisons to Portal aren't wrong, though it's mechanically different and different in many specifics. It is a 3D puzzle game, with some level of choice about how you finish it.

Fuck Milton

This. They don't waste a chance to tell you
>Look at how logical my religious beliefs are and yours aren't :^)
Every single fucking level

Attached: 315-3150596_view-samegoogleiqdbsaucenao-1522410785458-yuru-yuri-mari-chan.jpg (920x980, 143K)

We're talking about how pretentious the game is, so yes, shitting on Christianity and basically using text choices to claim that religion was a terrible thing for advancement IS pretentious, because it is compeltely wrong. It's a teenager's understanding of history, someone who has happily drunk the Kool Aid of 18th century, England and Lowland Scotland Enlightenment propoganda, that was happy to shit on things like Scholasticism as part of an overall attack on Catholicism.

La Mulana

Puzzle Agent

You all did free and bring your bro to the real world with you right?

Attached: bros.jpg (1280x720, 210K)

>Having a comfy puzzle solving time
>This shit happens
Almost shat my pants.

Attached: 2015-06-19_00002.jpg (1920x1080, 593K)

Baba Is You

But it didn't do that dumbfuck.

I smell Catholics in this thread

>Release Date: 15 Apr, 2013
>looks like shit
>14,99€
lol

>it's another recorder puzzle episode

WHY

Attached: 1530227322759.jpg (500x509, 189K)

Same. What the actual fuck.

>AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That was pretty terrifying when it happened.

they can catho-lick my balls

What's the philosophical meaning behind the story? What's it trying to say? Please help, I have a 500 word paper due Tuesday.

Attached: 2564335677.png (1448x1440, 1.46M)

Holy balls user I'm at that exact place as we speak.

I just want to know if there are any sound puzzles in the game because I'm fine with most puzzles but jesus fuck don't put me anywhere near something that requires actually listening to tones and pitches.

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 5K)

that's a nice one

>it's a 2d game so it looks like shit

I don't remember any at all. Or even anywhere sound "helped" though the use of sound/voice/music definitely adds a lot to the experience, but the puzzles are visual/mechanical.

Have you forgotten all the text and audio logs from the Medieval hub? It was all basically "Christianity was shit! We could have been in space, brah!" bollocks. That is exactly what being pretentious is, claiming to have full knowledge of a subject and having the right to speak on it with authority, when you clearly do not know anything about it and have no authority to speak on it at all.

Some terminals that have audio and text logs are obscured from view, and can really only be found by listening to their boops.

for me it was the part where one of the puzzles in the desert start to glitch out and the voice of elohim tells you something about it (cant quite remember what), i just backpedaled hard from there and when i went back it was all normal again

>the real cat was already dead before the game release

What? It's another take on post-apoc, and reflects on the nature of sentience and to what extent that could evolve again out of a synthetic start through enough repetition and adjustment. It's there to actually make you think. So think about it and write up what you thought. The meaning literally is up to you, there are lots of ways to go, from thinking about humans destroying themselves and what might or should come after to how we might accomplish that to whether we should, whether it'd happen anyway, etc. If you had to write 500 pages that'd be a problem but 500 words, are you in retard school "special" classes?

You get a cat in one of the endings?
I guess I need to go back and get those last few stars I've been neglecting.

yeah, but the easter egg that makes you unlock that ending was kinda shit for me

funnily tho they later kind of explain in gehena how a cat appeared in the simulation

you don't need any stars for it

No guns. Pass.

Was that actually stated or are you guessing? Kind of a nice memorial if so, after I lost my last cat I made a little game map for them which means nothing to anyone else but helped a bit.

you only unlock it via an easter egg

QUICK, post the most beautiful area in the game!

What are some games similar to TTP? It is my favourite puzzle game by far thanks to its comfyness and atmosphere . I enjoyed games like The Swapper, Portal 1 and 2, Infinifactory too but i'm looking for more.

I see.
I've only managed to find a few so far.
There are a lot.

Unironically one of the best games this decade.
I also love using this title as a PC benchmarking tool; it's options menus are fucking gigantic, and the visuals are very nice.

Attached: F.jpg (470x258, 36K)

one of the most boring games i ever played.

literally portal 2 but not fun at all

I don't know if it's the most beautiful, but it's certainly my favorite.

Attached: Talos Egypt.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

I legitimately can't remember anything about christianity or gay marriage in this game, are you actually just making shit up?

Christianity literally burned centuries of knowledge and divided the life expectancy by 2. Even the sand-niggers were more advanced that the shithole Europe was at that period. Now go fuck yourself you god-sucking piece of shit

Portal

t. brainlet

Did you find the easter egg?

A not too spoiler-y version if you care, cat is trapped in a semi-hidden area (it's pretty obvious if you explore around since you see the entrance and everything, nothing in this game is THAT crazy hidden really) in one of the egypt maps. Help the cat escape and then you'll get that in the finale ascension end.

You do need all the stars and hidden area for the hidden help-out-future-versions end though that one was mildly disappointing for the amount of work it required.

I remember TP having portals too, but I might be wrong

>projecting

Attached: Capture.png (528x533, 37K)

>literally portal 2 but not fun at all
Refresh my memory: when was I able to fly around with a jetpack in P2?

Attached: 2014-12-22_00004.jpg (1920x1080, 433K)

I think one guy mentions in an email leaving to spend time with his husband before he dies, but that's all I remember.

Damn, it stings, particularly when they've been around for a while. I guess that sort of thing could make someone contemplative about the Talos Principle too. But what a memorial, millions of people will know that cat.

this game was awesome but kind of depressed me

Is he stuck behind the boards in the sand dune?
I haven't found an axe in that area yet.

>playing with a video walkthrough

I honestly don't remember.

>puzzle
haha

Wow imagine being such a /pol/fag you're triggered by the mere mention of something like that in some world color.

Required for the bad ending

the dark ages is a myth, christianity is bad but not because they burned knowledge, they were the ones mostly preserving it

Two totally different games.

there are some easter eggs like that one that i personally avoided because they felt like a total inmersion breaker

I've finished it with guides only and it took me 23 hours so I'm right to assume you did the same, so:
t. brainlet

Antichamber

is it better than the witness?
i'd be surprised if it somehow manages to be worse

It was so minor too, I imagine most people don't even notice in the first place.

Look at the moon carefully in the zcreenshot you posted, all sides.

>it's a recorder puzzle

Attached: 1544886718824.png (408x351, 237K)

>the witness
>game

That sounds right, but you don't use an axe you find a crowbar kicking around between some rubble. It's not hard and it's not in any of the puzzle areas, so don't waste time trying to figure out how to get an axe out or through a field or anything they didn't make it nasty like that. You should be able to guess which box to break when you consider who made the game, don't overthink it.

>Christianity literally burned centuries of knowledge and divided the life expectancy by 2
Rather than, say, the third century collapse of the Roman Empire? The economic ruination of succsive coin debasement followed by the land taxes of the early Severian dynasty? Or the invasion of the Huns which caused a huge Westward migration of tribes that destabilized Western Europe?
No, you're right, just Christianity is to blame. Were you one of the writers for this game?

I will check these both out.

This one, no doubt.

Attached: IJipca-md.jpg (1000x562, 178K)

you can only break the cat box, there's not even the slightest thing to think about it

I hope that you took Milton with ya in the end

Wished there was more Milton in the DLC

Its different. Puzzles involve the actual map instead of the game just doubling down on panels like Witness. It does have tetromino assembly puzzles to unlock parts here and there though.
I fucking hate them.
Witness was good though.

We were talking about why the game is pretentious. Yes, stuffing in mentions of contemporary politics along with endless bashing of Christianity counts as pretentiousness. If you want to actually know, I enjoyed the game for it's gameplay, and the interaction with the MLA. I had a good time playing the game. Mention of the above did not "trigger" me, it just made me groan at the stupidity of it all.

If anyone is triggered it's you, who seems personally aggreived that anyone would object to ridicolous hamfisted insertions of stupid shit just because said shit is YOUR political position. Go suck a dick, faggot.

>there are people who played a never got to find that

>there are some easter eggs like that one that i personally avoided because they felt like a total inmersion breaker
In all seriousness I think some of those are meant to add a bit if you do another play through. And personally I think it's hard to really consider them an immersion breaker given the context is in fact a game which is one of the little bits of meta that make the atmosphere interesting. Like, having some easter eggs slipped into that world even would, well, make sense, just like them being in the game itself? They did base it on game code if I remember correctly too.

heaven is a lie, cope

Attached: Sv8CWYs.png (674x673, 371K)

unironically the best video game ever created. The perfect mix of video game and philosophy.

boy sure these threads are pleb filters

Road to gehenna was "Fuck jannies" : the dlc.
Much superior to an AI against which you can never win.

I felt like it was both a journey through the main cores of the history of western phylosophy and the human nature itself, all of this through metaphysical spaces that are in tone with the themes you explore.
Didn't see it as some anti-god crap that lots of people on this thread have written about, it's a reflection on the way we have dealt with some of the questions and realities that define humankind for what it is.
One of the very few games that actually made me cry.

>t. brainlet

Elohim is afraid of death and wants you to obey because he think that this will preserve the simulation aka the Process. Truth is that all things decay, it can't go on forever.

Other AI just try to make sense of it all. Some just glitch out and die and some leave new versions of themselves (offspring). Some sacrifice themselves to Elohim some devote their life to helping others. Some are just weird.

Milton wants you to doubt and question things. It asks difficult questions and finds blind spots in yours believes. But when you start asking question back at the AI it has a glitch and freaks out. You just can't question everything that gets you nowhere.

Game wants you to become intellectuality curious but not nihilistic about life. DLC emphasis the value of life, sacrifice, culture and interactions with the others.

Attached: Clear Citruses.png (960x800, 211K)

>people unironically think this game is anti christian

how can you be such a brainlet

the voice recordings depressed me hard

I don't object to text logs like that. It makes sense that a bunch of nerds who laugh at ridicolous Jurassic Park jokes would also be enslaved to Scientism and be hopelessly incapable of going beyond the limits of a purely materialistic thinking.

Recorder puzzles are tedious shit.
You just do half the level perfectly pre-planned which often involves standing in place for like 20 seconds to give yourself enough time once the recording is running. And when you make a single small mistake or don't give yourself enough time you can do it all over again.
This isn't difficulty, it's tedium. The game would be better without it.

>We were talking about why the game is pretentious.
No, you're just pathetically trying to justify being an easily triggered faggot and then calling it "pretentious" when it's no such thing.

>hamfisted
That's your projection user. Like shit, most people playing literally never even noticed anything you're talking about. You did and it stuck with you. Might want to think about why. And it's such trivial stuff too, like gay marriage is in fact a thing and gay people have plenty of history in computer science at foundational levels. Who the fuck cares if some dude had a husband? Also, isn't committed monogamy a GOOD thing?

You're also doing the brainlet thing of assuming all the stuff in world color of that kind is stuff you're supposed to agree with. That's now how it works, you're supposed to be thinking about it is all and you can reject it if you want. The people you hear from don't agree with each other plenty of times too, they're all under immense pressure, they make mistakes or quit sometimes. What does it all mean? That is in fact your call.

>there are people who played a never got to find that
And I wouldn't be surprised if there's still stuff in the game that we haven't found yet.

>And personally I think it's hard to really consider them an immersion breaker given the context is in fact a game which is one of the little bits of meta that make the atmosphere interesting. Like, having some easter eggs slipped into that world even would, well, make sense, just like them being in the game itself? They did base it on game code if I remember correctly too.
In fact, it even gets mentioned in-game how the program starts to access stuff it shouldn't due to degradation which explains why all that stuff is even in the game.

Attached: Pink Floyd Animals cover.jpg (1920x1080, 771K)

There is a fast forward button.

>DLC emphasis the value of life, sacrifice, culture and interactions with the others.
This is a really good way of putting it. It's almost like an apoplogy for the story of the main game, which seemed brutally materialist and rational to a ludicrous degree. Here you actually see interaction between people, the formation of culture, irrational beliefs and why they are important, abstract concepts which existed metaphyiscally but which can not be measured or observed through reason.

It was a really good DLC. Puzzles were also superior too

>spoiler

Attached: todd disliked that.jpg (639x755, 36K)

but why all that stuff is serious sam related?

i know thats because the devs of this game are the ones of the SS series, but in the in-game universe it doesnt make much sense

>Elohim is afraid of death and wants you to obey because he think that this will preserve the simulation aka the Process.
One aspect of this is it invites the question of whether Elohim is also already a complete AI, and also "Milton" (coming from the sum collective of human knowledge) too. Like, the whole process and system was designed by humans to put together a complete human equivalent or better AI that could then propagate and continue sentience forward, and it worked. But it didn't account for accidental AIs forming too, the system was hardcoded and all the others except the chosen one were on rails.

You're right that without external interaction which there wasn't somebody HAD to get out because otherwise eventually it'd have all failed. But at the same time Elohim and co had to deal with that fact that no matter how advanced they became they were forced to be bit players and their fates were sealed.

Listen — you can drop the act. We both know the writers inserted it in because they're politcally liberal and did so to get kudos from the gaming press. They also put in the Christianity attacks because at the time that was the "edgy" thing to do, considering we were still in the late stages of smug atheist YouTube, which is almost exactly the audience they were aiming for with this story.

They weren't trying to challenge perspectives, they weren't trying to change minds, they weren't trying to accomplish something. They were writing for their own ego and their intended audience. Pretending that this isn't the case is proof to me that the only one annoyed is you, who personally gets affronted when I criticise the one aspect of an otherwise good game.

I wont lie that at the last section past the golden statues I've started spoilering myself because I got sick of the effort, though.

I disagree, having to think things through and having a bit of a soft push to actually do so and not just try random shit hundreds of times as fast as possible was good. A bit of patience is sometimes necessary in life too.

It was such a stupid thing that the writers put in as a means to give a motive for Elohim to act as he did. Why hardcode for the Simulation to be destroyed after succseful upload to the TALOS unit? It makes no sense. It could still easily have continued after upload. The sentient programs running the Simulation could have been saved.

But no, just throw in "uhhh Simulation has to be destroyed! Just because!" to give a motive, easier and also can be used for your attack against religion ("It's just fear of death, brah! That's why God even exists! Never mind about all those martyrs or people who have sacrificed themselves willingly for higher purposes!").

I honestly hated it.
I think this game is partially about exploration but levels/locations are so boring and uninspiring it makes all the puzzle solving feel like a pointless chore. Also the whole story is just confusing and disjointed which I get it a puzzle itself but I'd rather have something more moving and straightforward to feel somewhat invested in the game. But what really made me just quit the game and never come back is some bullshit 'puzzles' when you need to alt tab the game and just fucking google. What a joke. Fuck this.

Attached: 1373648697481.jpg (341x412, 24K)

No you can drop the act. You're mad at the slightest acknowledgement of people who have been at the heart of comp sci and have sperged out about it.

I got bored by the game after about 10 hours. Puzzles became too tedious.

Mate the entire game is christian allegory, the destruction represents de destruction of eden/the kicking out of the humans.

There's a log entry where they explain that one of the reasons why the in-game research team went with an existing game engine (Serious Engine) for their simulation was because it featured a large amount of pre-existing assets.

Attached: shameless self-promoting.jpg (741x630, 124K)

Imagine trying to argue with someone who comes in with an agenda lmao

is that sigils of elohim game a good introduction to talos?

I was enjoying this game a lot up until most of the way through castle world. When every puzzle involves 5 different mechanics it gets pretty exhausting to play. How far am I from the end? I'm guessing climbing the tower is the hard path and opening the big door is the easy path? Also fuck those giant tetris puzzles in the areas you need the axe to open. Pure trial and error. Other than that the game is great.

Attached: 20190728193333_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.05M)

There's a third ending that requires you to collect everything in the game. Climbing the tower is only the second hardest ending.

>You're mad at the slightest acknowledgement of people who have been at the heart of comp sci
I was just pointing out the hamfisted inclusion of politics and how the story is about attacking religion. Now you're trying to make this into something about "muh LGBT in comp sci" shit. OK, I get it, you've attended a humanities class where you watched a documentary on Turing. Now please fuck off, you insane faggot.

The problem user I have with criticism like yours is that IRL humans do fantastically stupid shit ALL THE TIME. Particularly when they're under a budget/time crunch rushing and have no idea if it'll work.

I figured personally that the "ends on success" thing was meant to be a mixture of motivation and failsafe, to make sure that if things further degraded inside no other true sentiences would suffer some long drawn out hell. It's all well and good to know that things actually went pretty well, but they would have needed to plan for a worse case scenario too, like what if gehenna had actually ended up some sort of nightmare land of torment, or it was good but some other area wasn't. Wiping everything made sure there could be no abandoned loose threads I guess.

But it may also have just been a "made sense at the time" and it was dumb, no explanation needed. But that happens right?

I think it actually was kind of planned that elohim become like that in order to test the independent trait of the AI that was gonna be uploaded to the gold disk (though it kinda corrupted too anyways)

also, if the simulation continued, more AIs could eventually reach the top of the tower and prove themselves worthy of being uploaded but they would face the fact that the gold disk was already used, rendering them trapped in a dead end with no reason to keep existing

>There's a third ending that requires you to collect everything in the game. Climbing the tower is only the second hardest ending.
Cimbing is the true end though and also the coolest. 3rd secret end was kind of a let down really. I guess I'm glad I found everything since I really liked the game and really did enjoy doing all the puzzles and finding the hidden stuff, but I wouldn't blame anyone who got the other two ends and had enough from just watching it on YT, it's another form of "the cycle continues".

You usually write code so it stops once it has fulfilled its purpose. There is no reason to have it continue to run. The designers had no idea that the programs running the simulation would become sentient.

you entered the church right?

>also, if the simulation continued, more AIs could eventually reach the top of the tower and prove themselves worthy of being uploaded but they would face the fact that the gold disk was already used, rendering them trapped in a dead end with no reason to keep existing
hadn't thought of that but yeah good point. there was no irl bot factory, just the one. still seems like they could have had lots of gold discs and at least saved them there, hope the one that escaped could eventually make more bodies and bring them all out too.

third should have been a reset like first ending, so eventually you could get all 3 endings in one really long play

It sure as hell will make the in-game tetromino puzzles easier but the thing is, there actually aren't really THAT many of them in the game.
Judging by the demo level I expected there to be hundreds of them but in the end there were only like 30 or so, DLC included.

>TPB

Attached: smug.jpg (249x252, 5K)

they literally wasnt even sure one would go out, all the project was a giant blind bet, because they were dying while doing so

so either they didnt thought it necessary or didnt have the time to do it

the project itseft was actually incomplete when the final scientist in charge died, it was basically just luck that ended up working

dem gears

Attached: gears.png (1920x1080, 2.73M)

It happens, it's not a game meant to have "A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE 10/10 IGN!!!1!!!1!111".
Better to be loved by a few people rather than liked by everyone.

It's been a while since I've played but wasn't the whole point of the expansion Elohim freeing programs that defied his rules but didn't ascend the tower?
I had thought that there were other shells they were being uploaded to but then you were just freeing them to die outside of their prison? Sorry, it's been a long time.

Talos is the first game I torrented then bought.

I don't regret it a single second.

Dem details that you'll never see during normal play and only with cheats.

Attached: talos.jpg (2517x2878, 1.56M)

That one and the one in the tower that you have to jump down to get were the only two stars in the base game I had to use a walkthrough for

Attached: 557.jpg (680x793, 41K)

As long as mods don't nuke your thread for not being one of the two dozen ones about the same Nintendo game like they've been doing

man, i didnt even knew about that game, what kind of items you unlock by playing it first?

Now that's some motherfucking detailing holy shit.

What makes it special?

The worst are the recorder puzzles. Though they are nowhere as complex as they could be, they break the flow entirely, as you can't try things until they work. You need to sit and plan on your head everything that you have to do, which to me really ruins the point of a puzzle video game
What helped me with them was realizing these puzzles were much less about the actions your recorded ghost had to take, and more about creating copies of objects

It's not really special, it's just solid under most aspects.

>or didnt have the time to do it
This. I think you also have to take a certain amount of vidya as symbolic in some way, because it is ultimately a commercial production limited by the time/resources on hand. Like, most games don't require you to sleep or eat or use the bathroom like normal, because stuff like that would be boring. We can just accept that yeah that happens off screen but it's a game and we skip over some of that.

Maybe if something like this ever really happened they'd have a few hundred holographic storage discs ready, or just freeze the whole sim out of main memory and onto persistent storage right at that point. But the end result would still be that for somebody it'd be the final run, or that existence at that time would end for everything temporarily (with no promises) or permanently. So it doesn't really change the feel to have it be right then. It'd be "right then" for somebody.

you're on Yea Forums m8

Attached: 1512326955080.gif (618x894, 21K)

Nothing really. It's just a very competent, solid puzzle game that came out around the same time that games were going through an incredibely shitty period.

additional QR-code messages you can paint onto walls, epitaph messages for the third ending, extra messenger hint tokens and, most importantly, three bonus stars in case you can't find them in-game.

the time inside the simulation and the time outside of it are actually different, it seems

or at least, the events of the DLC happened during the uploading of the AI to the gold disk, because the simulation was destroyed almost instantly after that (not sure if the upload took a shitton of time, or elohim managed to somehow alter the time of the simulation to save those captured AIs)

There's no point having multiple AIs "ascend". After the first one considered human-like, you can just create more copies of it. They're just computer programs. Do you get sad about your computer when you turn it off? Which is like the main theme of the game

>It's been a while since I've played but wasn't the whole point of the expansion Elohim freeing programs that defied his rules but didn't ascend the tower?
>I had thought that there were other shells they were being uploaded to but then you were just freeing them to die outside of their prison? Sorry, it's been a long time.
Been a while since I played too but my vague recollection is that there was enough storage space available in actuality for the MC to bring and carry them with it, just like Milton could potentially come also. They didn't have their own shells though, they were just along for the ride in storage. It allowed for the hope though that the Player would be able to find some still working tech or something and manage to get a few more shells made, or something inferior but good enough temporarily to let them out.

but there aren't many games like it, doing that kind of narrative and structure? isn't that the definition of "special"? special doesn't mean good necessarily, just unique and the game is pretty unique.

were any of those worth at least? were the starts cool additions?

Well it does resemble portal to an extent, as in, it's not the first narrative first person puzzle game, but it's very different from it under a lot of aspects.
You can consider it special, I certainly do.

>game has this lonely atmosphere and music
>suddenly a fucking faggot robot runs towards you
that scared the shit out of me, fucking devs

Attached: 156566597125.jpg (587x397, 34K)

> It allowed for the hope though that the Player would be able to find some still working tech or something and manage to get a few more shells made, or something inferior but good enough temporarily to let them out.

not really, those AIs were actually gonna be part of the MC mind in its shell

>puzzle game that attach a pseudo-deep story that aims for "serious intellectual" levels
There are dozens of games like that. It's actually quite boring, and why puzzle games that don't take themselves serious are generally more well known and better appreciated.

That's like saying there is no point in sexual reproduction user and everything should be clones. But the very point of the Process was to evolve and change things every run, to build on the previous but also introduce "mutations" to try to find stuff. But we know IRL there are plenty of different paths to similar levels of results, and it's advantageous to have more perspectives and options as backups. If it was feasible, it'd be better to have dozens/hundreds/thousands of unique human-class AIs from different "lineages". Given how the project went down that probably wasn't feasible at all, but doesn't mean it wouldn't be desirable.

I'd rather play a unique but rough game with something to say rather than another 9/10 or 10/10 shitshow such as another Uncharted chapter.
Like, Fallout New Vegas only got scores of 85% if compared to 3, but which one of them do we rememember the best today?

you must be a brainlet and really unhappy with your life

>outside of the intro, outro and one secret cutscene leaves you in full control during the entire game
>semi-open world that lets you tackle most of the puzzles however you want
>rich in content and surprisingly long if you want to 100% it
>puzzles aren't just "this solution and ONLY this solution" cases but often deliberately designed to allow more than one way and sometimes require you to break them
>ridiculous amount of eastereggs that reward exploration
>decent writing that, should you not care for it, can be completely ignored
>great music and neat visuals
>GIGANTIC option menu

>pseudo-deep story that aims for "serious intellectual" levels
That's just your own faggot opinion though trying to downplay it by claiming it's "pseudo-deep" (what's your definition of "actual deep" then?) or scare quotes around serious intellectual. A lot of us think it did in fact do a decent job despite its flaws.

>Brainlet needs "funny" humour to keep his attention

bait

Listen, every single thing that the Talos Principle tries to say has been better discussed by people much more intelligent and knowledgeable through the medium of "books".
When you grow up, you will understand that certain media are better for certain things, and that video games are much better for good, clean simple fun, instead of trying to focus on story. I'm sorry you're not at that level yet.

To be fair christianity deserves to be shit on.
*tips fedora b4 you tip it for me*

What does it try to say?

Did you play Talos Principle for the intellectual masturbation, or for the puzzles and environments? Be honest here.

This. I would try to visualize the recorder puzzle solutions in my head, until I'd get overwhelmed and start testing things. I can't say how sophisticated those puzzles are, because I brute forced them, but at least they are capable of being blundered through.

It's a competent puzzle game that has a story that managed to grip me so well it pushed me forward through its more tedious parts towards the end. Usually if this happens to me in any other puzle I sadly end up avandoning them. looking at you BABA

Attached: 1564251843539.png (600x620, 516K)

cringe

Ok Quentin, it's not like the game tries to introduce many works like the things you've just mentioned to try and interest the player into them.

Honestly, only the stars since some in the game CAN be a bitch to find.

Not a lot people probably use the (limited) QR-message system, the epitaphs are nothing more than a little gag and the messenger hint system is one of the few genuinely bad and poorly done things in the game.
Instead of using their unique AI testbot to show you the solution or something they instead give you a cryptic hint that even Professor Layton would find needlessly obscure.

"God bad! Me no like authority!"

>needs "funny" humour
Talos Principle is stuffed with reddit tier humour. Did you forget the whole "lol, we put Dr Ian Malcolm in our lobby because the acronym of the insitute is IAN and Ian is a funny meme :)".
The only brainlet here is you.

>God bad
>the hardest ending to achieve makes you Elohim's messenger

>le brainlet candy crush player

Stop feeding him, it's just boring at this point.

is that a casual trying to sound superior? what a pleb

*tips fedora*

>Road to Gehenna
Some of the very last extra puzzles really fucked me up because you had to pull shit you didn't think you could do in the main game, mainly the whole timed lasers interrupting each other.

>Listen, every single thing that the Talos Principle tries to say has been better discussed by people much more intelligent and knowledgeable through the medium of "books".
Fucking retard. The whole point of the Talos Principle and precisely what it does well is raise questions by the nature of it that aren't done with books. You yourself are the "Player", your actions and that is a major part of what creates questions in the game. You're presumably human level yourself which is integral to the narrative. It's going through the actions and making the choices and hearing stuff and feeling the dichotomy of your role and metaknowledge that adds lot.

That's part of why it's good, because the interactivity is part of the experience.
>When you grow up, you will understand that certain media are better for certain things, and that video games are much better for good, clean simple fun, instead of trying to focus on story. I'm sorry you're not at that level yet.
And when you get out of your late teens and early 20s you'll learn that such boxes for mediums always have exceptions.

That secret level was insane. The hardest puzzles in the game and they take place in tiny rooms with only a couple tools to use

"That Dragon, Cancer" does a wonderful job of using gameplay as something to pass a message while telling a story that isn't fun at all.
Videogames simply are an evolving medium, they can talk about whatever they want as long as they do it well (which is the case of TTP).
Were we thinking like that for everything, movies would have never had "Metropolis", "Citizen Kane" or "Once upon a time in America", just like comics would have never seen "A contract with God", "Watchmen" or "Joe's Tomorrow".

>Did you play Talos Principle for the intellectual masturbation, or for the puzzles and environments? Be honest here.
Honest question user: why would you split these up? It's like asking if you watched a movie for the visuals or the sounds, as if it's not a composite medium that should make use of both. Vidya at their best make use of everything, the visuals, the music, the mechanics, the story, the world, the characters, the design.

Religion itself isn't the problem, the retards who abide by it are. It's the mental state that allows them to believe in it that's the problem. If christianity didn't exist they'd simply join another religion or conjure up some other bullshit to comfort themselves and satisfy their narcissism that would be every bit as detrimental.

>t's going through the actions and making the choices and hearing stuff and feeling the dichotomy of your role and metaknowledge that adds lot.
Jesus Christ.
Let me guess, you're also someone who goes around telling people that "games are art" too, right?

Professor Layton series

yeah, those puzzles used mechanics unique to them, so it was like starting fresh

for a moment i thought they could probably have solutions outside their respective rooms like some puzzles in the main game and to be honest, that would have been more neat

>That Dragon, Cancer
>evolving medium
>Citizen Kane
>Watchmen
Am I on fucking Resetera right now or fucking what? This is why TP threads are always shit, they always draw in this fucking crowd.

Well they are, it's been decided in court even. You can desperately try to claim an exclusive ability to decide what art is but you're so derivative in that it's just boring. Millions throughout history have always tried to say "oh this is art but this isn't" and they're always brainlets or fossils, every time. Go for it though if you want but the rest of the world doesn't care just like it's never cared about your kind.

>guess I'll string together buzzwords now
whew

>This is why TP threads are always shit
Nah it's been pretty good beyond you.

the only shit crowd are fedora tippers neckbears like you that think they are superior and name some books they never even read to try to sound more legit

I lost my save around the area where you ascend that huge elevator and the level is set in the skies. Is that far from the ending? I've been meaning to replay this game for a while now.

>Shit on paper
>It's art

>Make complex and detailed painting in a program
>Digital art

>Make complex and detailed painting in a program, but instead of putting on jpg compressing social media, you place it in a software
>IT'S NOT AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRT!"#!%&"%¤#&%¤%#/

>art, noun
>the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, producing works to be appreciated
So yeah that's vidya too kid.

>string buzzwords
You literally mentioned all that shit.
Listen, you people are insufferable. People want to play fun games. They don't want some hectoring, pretentious fuck who knows nothing about history or philosophy outside of surface readings to smack them over the head constantly with "message" and "narrative". If there's a good story, that's fine, simple te better, and with Talos Principle, it is actually a very simple story — humans dying, need to make robots to stay immortal, robot has to go through training to understand humans. Very, very simple, all over additions are superflous and designed only to appeal to redditards like you, who lap up shit like That Dragon, Cancer and other indie trash that has had such a pernicious influence on games over the last decade. Go fuck yourself with a banana, bitch.

The Witness is hot garbage so obviously TP better

Depends on when you got there, the game is not strictly linear. The first time you arrive and find it you're still well from the end. Ignoring secrets, there are 3 main areas, and you need to finish a certain amount of each to collect enough sigils to then get the basic and true endings. You do not need everything for either, though there is a bit of a secret end for 100%.

So if you only got there the first time don't feel bad about restarting, you aren't far yet.

Great game. Also good at exposing angry brainlets.

just gtfo, pleb, your reddit level posts are derailing this thread

requesting puzzle games

The tower isn't all that hard. One puzzle is kind of spicy but the rest should be easypeasy if you managed to get that far in the first place.

>reddit level posts
Says a faggot breathlessly making posts about Citizen Kane, "evolving mediums" and edgy comic books.

>You literally mentioned all that shit.
No that was another user, you're the one who randomly brought in boogeyman flavor of the year.

>Listen, you people are insufferable
Nice projection.

>People want to play fun games.
user, what people "want" is shown by the market and how they rate it. Since the Talos Principle was a major success, is well rated, and played by millions, it is OBJECTIVELY something people want. Which means you are wrong, either in terms of what people want or in what "fun" means.

That's all there is to it. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's you screaming against objective reality. YOU might not want that, but we don't live in a dictatorship with you at the top imposing your shit taste and retardation on the People.

Both good. Witness is pretentious outside of puzzles but the puzzles on their own are great.
Blow blows himself.

I remember completing the shore area, egypt and the snowed-in area. Thanks for the heads-up, I might give it a shot again sometime. I gotta admit though, some puzzles really went over my head.

Attached: 25d.jpg (951x972, 104K)

He's right about Dragon, though.
For everything else you've made the mistake of old mainstream stuff and as long as it's not some manga or anime it means that the Cali types of faggots love it and therefore you're out of your element mentioning them here.

guys did you found the easter egg where i fuck ur mum lul

>how to read thread
Best puzzle game desu

Talos Principle sold nothing in comparison to any MW game. It sold less than Portal 2, a fun little game with no hectoring nonsense and a stupid story that had a simple linear plot. If markets are the test here about people want, then you should really just shut the fuck up.

>I remember completing the shore area, egypt and the snowed-in area.
Ok, then you were near the end in that case, since the tower is also kind of the bridge/hub for most of them could tell if you're just got there from first area or not. So you will have to replay a fair amount then, sorry about that. You just don't have to do everything.

I recommending saving, then getting the basic end (where you go through the big doors in the 3rd area hub like Elohim wants) first, then reload and do the tower for the true end. Final bits are pretty hype actually, a genuinely satisfying cap to the rest and application of what you've learned getting that far. Enjoy. Also like said earlier in the thread, there is an easter egg where you can free a cat in one of the Egypt levels and then you'll get the cover of the game in the true end.

Not them, nor do I share their view, but appealing to authority is always an annoying fallacy.

>a bunch of sperg retard shit
The nice thing about markets is that none of your wrong opinions does in fact matter. Since it was a success as have bee others more such vidya will keep being made, more games that are art and have story and investigate themes you don't like and have characters and worlds you don't like, because people want them and will pay for them. And no amount of you spazzing and screaming into the wind will change that a single iota! Cheers :^)

fags killed this thread, move on

Absolutely seething

this guy made 2 nice vids about TTP:
youtube.com/watch?v=g5FloMq9Lck
youtube.com/watch?v=3E1d3YLg8N4

Attached: 297828170567122944.png (128x114, 11K)

>more such vidya will keep being made
...such as? Because it seems every attempt over the last few years to insert poorly understood philosphical themes with liberal politics has been a complete disaster, commercially. Almost as if the modest success of TP was based on the fact that it was a competent puzzle game with beautiful environments which was hot of the heels of Portal 2...

I didn't appeal to authority in that post though user, if anything it was the other user appealing to authority by claiming his own authority to decide "what the people want". I replied with the actual real world test, stronger then an appeal to authority. "What do people want" is a question with an answer, and answer determined by what people actually choose to spend their time and resources on. That is by definition what they want. So if lots of people choose to spend time and resources on this kind of vidya, and they like it, then that means they want it duh.

Also, "appeal to authority" isn't an fallacy in the general sense, it's merely the weakest form of argument. It's a fallacy when used against a stronger form of argument, but it's also very low energy which makes it enormously important in practice. Using it and testing it and finding ways to strengthen it is a huge part of all of our lives, whether you're conscious of it or not.

Alright, I figured I spent a good 20 hours on the game at least. I barely remember anything anyway. Funny enough the only thing I do remember is a log on how a person once had insane tooth aches, but that's about it.
I'll do that, thanks. I probably won't go for the true ending though, I'm too much of a brainlet for that.

I can't imagine being so mindfucked by this website to that point of having an internal catalogue of what opinions are not okay to express here because people might get mad at you for having them.

I wish humanity really would die out.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird they made all these really nice graphics and great audio just to stick a fairly basic puzzle game in there

>Absolutely seething
You sure seem mad over the world not cooperating with your shit taste.

>...such as?
Like, practically every 'cinematic' AAA game there is these days? Which ones DON'T have some sort of message or philosophy or whatever discussed? Hell forget AAA, when was the last time a JRPG came out without any of that? People seethe about those too, always have.

I mean user, this is a really, really REALLY well trod path. Yea Forums and IRC and usenet and bbs, since the very first times in the 90s when vidya at all started exploring more "controversial" themes or tried to do more narrative there have been fights about whether that's good or bad vs vidya that is "just fun". We could be having these same arguments about Terranigma vs Mario/Starfox/Gradius or whatever.

Attached: terranigma.jpg (1600x1000, 198K)

>be surronded in your real life by a thought police that will enact cancel culture on you for not agreeing with thier ideology
>have a small online space where all that matters is that you argue your point
How mad are you that you can't enact your politics everywhere? All I'm doing is presenting my view, and you were presenting yours, but now you're being a little fucking pussy who whines that he can't get what he wants here which he is so accustomed to in real life.

If I wanted to play a walking sim I'd replay portal.

I just decide to keep it to myself or only bring them up in sufficiently niche bosrds and places because getting swamped with retard-wrangling and baiting at every thread every day is the other option.
To me you're either genuinely new here or exceedingly dedicated with futile arguments.
As a side note, I personally can only respect games that respect themselves as being games and not "interactive media". Talos has genuine puzzles, even The Witness has solid puzzles despite everything else being more or less disjointed ramblings with the endings being truly meaningless drivel. That Dragon Cancer has nothing other than a narrative, it's not a game.

>I'll do that, thanks. I probably won't go for the true ending though, I'm too much of a brainlet for that.
No not at all user. Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant "save once you've finished everything else", then you just reload and go up the tower. It's not harder at all then the puzzles you've done before, easier then some of them in fact, the final sequence is just pretty epic. Definitely worth doing, basic end is minimal and just sets you up for that. In fact you can do a lot of the tower as you go along and just have one last little piece to finish. If you get to basic end you can get true end.

It's only the secret end that requires 100%, and it's nothing special anyway really.

>"Dude it's like Portal"

Attached: 4u.jpg (390x520, 22K)

Cope

lmao btfo

Based and redpilled. Fuck the British Empiricists.

Attached: 1508601536181.png (615x980, 486K)

I think it's one of the results of Croteam being mostly a zero-budget indie studio that's more interested in the technical side of their products than the gameplay part.
Up until the Talos DLC they didn't even really have a proper level designer which becomes extremely evident when comparing the Roman and Egyptian areas of the DLC with the rest of the game and why nearly every test chamber is made up of straight walls at 90° angles on flat surfaces.

That user is only making idiotic claims about what people want. He did not need to state it as an opinion for it to still clearly be an opinion. Whereas you are trying to claim something as an objective fact by appealing to the "market" to the point where you're attempting to suggest what it means to be "fun" or the implication that a tiny subset of people in the world purchasing something must mean it has value to those who have not. You're appealing to a very biased collective of individuals who have shown a clear interest in the subject.
The problem comes when you replace what that subject could be.

>VR version
Bought the Croteam pack during the sale and that came with it. I should play it some time but me being a brainlet I would probably just end up angry.

yikes

Fuck the anglos of course.
I'm surprised since it comes from slavs. I guess they got brainwashed by angloids too.

Without a doubt, Gibbon's Decline and Fall has been most of the most malignant works in history. Originally designed as yet another polemic against the Catholic Church in order to bolster the claims of the Protestant Ascendancy in England, Scotland and the Netherlands, it is now to this day being hurled around as "evidence" that "Christianity bad! Hurrr, Dark Ages! We could be in space by now!".

it's such an asshole

the recorder is the best tool, though

Croteam are from Croatia. Croats love Anglos because they saved them from getting their asses kicked in the 90s by based Serbs. It came to such a point of total victory that Croats had to invent lies about "muh Bosnian holocaust" (even though Croats hate Bosnians themselves) to get Western assistance.

>He did not need to state it as an opinion for it to still clearly be an opinion
But it's not a matter of opinion. Unless you're trying to pull some postmodernist crap about "everything is subjective". Otherwise no. "What people want" is literally the question that markets exist to help answer, and in turn direct limited resources too.

>Whereas you are trying to claim something as an objective fact by appealing to the "market"
Why the scare quotes? We have things like Steam stats and sales numbers and ratings, we can in fact see in broad terms how most vidya have done.

>what it means to be "fun"
No, I never tried to define anything about that at all. A simple claim was made, that "people want" something other then this kind of game. That claim is wrong. WHY it's wrong is a different question, but that it's wrong is fact.

Vidya with narrative and philosophy and all this stuff that people like that user sperg out about are things that people want, and therefore sell, and therefore more of them will be made. None of this says anything about what you specifically must like or find fun, you can do whatever you want, that really is subjective and opinion. But if you try to claim that people don't want it, well, you're wrong.

And like was also said, because it's objectively true reality it will be what actually influences what gets made regardless of your preferences.

Attached: 1396401739983.jpg (275x200, 10K)

As bad as Gibbon himself was, I agree that it was rather the whole attitude of the Enlightenment towards Scholasticism that thoroughly damned the Middle Ages in the public eye. As if Anselm and Aquinas were not stressing that the exercise of reason is the most important privileges of humanity. I will defend Berkeley and Kant to the death, however.

Resident Evil: Remake.

>puzzle game

Attached: 1515267439714.jpg (748x730, 60K)

>Solve a puzzle by climbing up walls and breaking the game

dumb frog poster

It's less of a puzzle game and more of a walking simulator with Tetris support

Complex? wat?

I bought this game a few years ago and refused to look up any video guides for the puzzles. I still haven't beaten it yet.

Attached: 1562967123582.jpg (750x1009, 40K)

It's a puzzle game with Tetris support.

Thanks. Have a nice weekend my man.

Yes, it's great.

I got the Road to GAHhfdass... but still haven't played it.

>walking simulator
it's a reading simulator you retards

Precision time trials, just like tests of endurance for long periods of time, are factually good game mechanics.

Just because you're bad doesn't mean we all have to be.

Yeah, I nearly shat myself the first time that happened.

Attached: 1559714754820.png (497x576, 212K)

>it's a reading simulator you retards

That's a legit critique of the game.

Shut the fuck up Jeffrey god isnt real you dumb faggot and neither is your soul

>the nigger principle
No thanks.

What.

>Puzzle
Lame

Originally they were making a serious sam game with puzzle elements, but they realised the puzzles were fun enough on their own to make the whole game about them. The devs got hooked on the concept and so the Talos Principle was made.

sadly this, I tried the DLC the year after I completed the main game (w/ secret ending), but fuck me, I took 2h to solve the first "tutorial" area.
it's a disgrace because I feel like the writing is even better than the original game.

But I think we will definetely try it again once we will all be on the hypetrain for Talos 2.

And wasn't that very serious sam also first meant to be doom 2016 but bethesda ended up cancelling plans with croteam because they lived in europe?

Doom got turned into serious sam got turned into the talos principle.

I'm an horrible friend, I carried a paint bucket all the way to the start of the game and then wrote a spoiler.

Attached: paint can.jpg (275x316, 10K)

did any of your friends notice it?

honestly don't remember that, I mean I do remember that sam came out of a cold call effort to work with ID vaguely but I don't remember it being for sam 3.

One guy but he had already finished the game.

It was a great game, loved it, probably my favorite puzzle game. Also the DLC is great.
Too bad it had so much blatant and shameless LGTBQ pandering though, pic related.

Attached: hope the sarcasm doens't fly over anyone's head.jpg (1920x1080, 384K)

No shame in using google for the stars. Think I remember going trough an Egyptian area and there was some bullshit with aligning the pyramid with a tower or something.

I don't get it

MUD

>Too bad it had so much blatant and shameless LGTBQ pandering though, pic related.
wat

In actuality, it's a pretty good joke.
The whole thing is that the inhabitants of gehenna made their culture based on artefacts of human culture and as such, they have no idea that it makes no sense to have a shield in your soup or that it's rather improbable that someone would be unsure of another's gender, as they have probably seen someone calling someone else sir/madam in an artefact such as a textual exchange as opposed to a transcript of a vocal exchange.

It had no LGBT pandering, you just didn't understand anything.

>Talos

I sure hope that Bethesda hasn't claimed copyright for that term.

You can't copyright mythology.

>It had no LGBT pandering, you just didn't understand anything.
Filename. I just wanted an excuse to post that screenshot.

Oh sorry. What's that law/point called again where when a community is so ironic you're unsure whether anyone is ironic at any time?

says who? I'm sure you can copyright it.