Play Dragon's Dogma

Play Dragon's Dogma.

Attached: unknown[1].png (1186x889, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonsdogma.fandom.com/wiki/Quests
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96
exhentai.org/g/634910/1008e0fbd3/
mega.nz/#!YBwlhCCI!IXlszReuVbxIPZOuORD0yE7hoUgXTS3USmaHZIGq4nQ
imgur.com/gallery/qGAVO
imgur.com/gallery/E5eAu
imgur.com/gallery/FxAl5
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#am000000000004005600000000000063000100
youtu.be/LUAYX5XdOIY
youtu.be/Ung50E2CjVk
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/11/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I can't I played too much and now I need DD2

Attached: Dogmalapse.webm (800x450, 1.42M)

Pretty much this desu.

I'd be ok with them doing more carefully crafted mega dungeons like BBI than open world.

i would but the PC's online is fucking awful.
its just not the same as the old /ddg/ ps3 glory days

I like the open world, it has soul. BBI leaned a bit too heavy on the whole Dark Souls but with MMO tier grinding thing.

Attached: unknown[1].png (666x647, 728K)

Controller or KB+M?

Nice bulge.

should i play through the bitterblack isle dlc?

>tfw holding off playing because scared of missing content or fucking up npc-relations
I don't want another Witcher where I accidently the bro-character

>no loli mage pawn
>no lolirisen
You are doing a terrible job of motivating me.

man this game is fucking hard to get into
whats up with all this shovelware collectibles and retarded weight system? this shit is too fucking tedious. game wants you to constantly nonstop do maintenance every time you come and go.
>have to change pawns as I level up
>this means all the items on them get discarded on my house inventory
>house inventory is an absolute bloated mess, game just has too much items, herbs, plants, craftables to know what's important for what
>now have to find what got moved back to home inventory and put it on my new pawns to go on m next trip outside of gran soren
>that includes dozens of potions for dozens of afflictions and aliments and tons of shit that I don't even know when to use
it's so fucking tiresome, man.

ive got 499 hours

I am

Attached: 1gaNgo4.jpg (1360x768, 224K)

I bought the same fucking game three times. Fuck you capcom. Where's DD2.

i always make my character and my pawn a loli with the skimpy underwear/nude mod and carry her around and look at her underage butthole.

I started playing it on hard for the first time somewhat recently and I can't tell if it's because I've played too much of it and can't tolerate it's flaws anymore or because it's just shitty on hard, but I've not been enjoying it as much as I used to.

>game just has too much items, herbs, plants, craftables to know what's important for what
Here's a hint: none of it is important. Practically every consumable item that's good can be bought at some point.

Hard mode is just bad. Stagger/Knockdown thresholds go through the roof so you'll never stagger or knockdown anything, basically removes those elements from play. Enemies drop so much gold and give so much exp that very quickly you become so powerful that the increased difficulty doesn't even matter. Pretty shit all around.

Anyone?

The open world really needs a lot more. Though it was really pretty.

Hopefully if they add it in again, they do it right. The open world needs more optional dungeons and enemy variation.

KB+M is the only way to use hotkeys for items, otherwise you're stuck opening the inventory menu every time you want to use something. You could still set the hotkey on your keyboard, play on a controller, and hit the key whenever you need an item but that's pretty janky.

Whatever is the most comfortable to you. I'd recommend kb+m because that's what I roll with, just changed the keybinds a bit to something more familiar.

there is not one game in my life i'd ever use a controller for if i could use keyboard/mouse, including driving games

I want more overworld stuff.

Your preference, really. The KB+M controls, unlike a lot of ports, are very useable. I like a controller for games like this but I'd swap right hand to mouse if I was playing a bow character whenever I needed to aim ranged.
It's the best part of the game, go for it. The difficulty is ramped up a bit from the main game, so I'd finish that first unless you want a huge challenge.
The only real way to fuck things up is if you progress the main story too quickly. This can cause you to miss out or auto-fail sidequests. If you're that worried about it you can always check a guide like this one: dragonsdogma.fandom.com/wiki/Quests
Are goblins acceptable?

Attached: 20190516130801_1.jpg (1920x1080, 351K)

I think mega-dungeons are easier to craft than big open worlds that tend to get boring.

>see review
>"no fast travel"
Instant nope.

Based. They can't do overworld right. It was all empty. Only the dungeons were fun, and there were too few of them.

Of course, but I still want more overworld stuff.
If it's hard or not for the devs is irrelevant to me wanting more of it (or not).

Thak you all, I was fearing a Dark Souls situation, KB+M it is then

Then you read a shitty review or are just trolling.

it actually has fast travel but it shouldnt you fucking casual

Ferrystone.

I hope you're not trying to imply that those are meant to be goblins.

Post some fucking cuties.

Attached: CuteDarkElfPawn.jpg (446x670, 93K)

Attached: 13b[1].gif (680x498, 224K)

Get 5 levels in Fighter for a passive (Sinew) that gives you +20 to weight you can carry. Also carrying capacity is based on the character whight, which is why loli pawns arenĀ“t that efficient.

I've tried both and IMO KB+M is better. You don't need to click the stick every time you want to sprint (which is always), you can use hotkeys for lantern + consumables, aiming with bows is much easier etc.

Attached: unknown[1].png (615x747, 881K)

>Based

Cheers user. I only arrived at this opinion after seeing everyone on Yea Forums trash open worlds. Honestly open worlds are so overdone at this point devs in general need to go back somewhat. The only way overworlds work is if you build the entire game around it. Otherwise it's easy to end up bland and boring.

More you know, always played on Hard because MOAR MONEY/XP but always missing something from combat.

But the grind to 200 in normal is very fucking slow.

Ah yes, my favorite game Fortnite has fast travel. One of the greatest RPGs of this generation. Retard.

No point in going all the way to 200 anyway. By the time you hit the level cap you're so far beyond any challenge in the game it's boring as hell. Much more fun to go through BBI at low levels and enjoy the power gains along the way.

Fuck I'm already at level 78... welp I will wait to get the achievement of playing hard to reset.

Attached: 1548825370765.jpg (1200x675, 71K)

A lot of people bitch about the finicky fast travel system in this game but I'm now playing NG+ and have all portcrystals placed everywhere important in the world and honestly it's kinda making things boring since you can just insta skip a lot of otherwise memorable setpieces/encounters.

Attached: unknown[1].png (610x684, 510K)

Attached: 064[1].gif (326x281, 171K)

Only use TP for the Bluemoon Tower, the rest walking, you get encounters and more things to kill.

Too much, way too much

Hey, I'll have you know that I played through DS1 with KB+M and it wasn't that bad if you can look past the input lag on mouse buttons fuck me

>No point
completing your build

give sliders and I will teach you how to improve your KBM game

Only literal retards fall for that shit.

No.

>BBI
>carefully crafted
heres your dungeon
heres your dungeon but darker
heres your dungeon but darkest

I know that user, but even then,
>they pulled it off.

Fine, just tell me what classes are too shit to be worth playing.

Post pawns and arisen!

Attached: 20180629120113_1.jpg (1920x1080, 429K)

Mage is the one npc class. Rest is fine.

That's a really good looking character. Most pawns you see in this game look like Dark Souls abominations with butt faces. The character creator in this game is extensive, but pretty hard for normies to use I guess.

They're all worth playing

Attached: yJWejgA.jpg (1920x1080, 538K)

i like mage a lot. i charge my attack for 20 seconds and then a giant tornado misses

I already posted my pawn.

That's sorcerer. Mage is the heal-bot.

Attached: lUlyB5X.jpg (1920x1080, 587K)

you must play a class you hate for 200 levels to optimize your stats

>Mage is the one npc class
I never rent any mage pawn for support because AI is retard
>They can't rewrite weapon affinities until they expire

I prefer a pawn be Warrior, Strider or Ranger to do better things, Sorc if I need hard DPS if I'm not a magical class.

All classes are worthy

Warrior would be 100% better if you could use 6 skills instead of just 3, whoever decided that was an asshole

Attached: 1558372488539.png (326x320, 81K)

Mage and Warrior are 100% worthless. Fighter is okay early game, but then completely outclassed by both Assassin and Mystic Knight.

Just play a bow class 2bh, they're the most fun by far.

Attached: C08A62EEF91D50773122B2B9A916D334DCE4C85E[1].jpg (1920x1080, 130K)

i like games like that, it keeps people i don't like from playing it.

Or you can just use the respec mod on PC. It's online friendly. It can also help you fine tune your pawn's inclinations.

Attached: 48620292FA40A3F6D9A48DF6A6992A72166A8320[1].jpg (1920x1080, 565K)

Shame about the online game.

Attached: sphinx.webm (964x784, 2.85M)

Attached: 20160809000727_1.jpg (1920x1080, 509K)

what i liked about it is how i could ignore all dialogue and quest explanations and shit. to me a game is good if i don't have to read bullshit or watch cutscenes, skip it all.

Fuck you, don't remind me the wound.

I fucking miss my Shield Sage and japes

Attached: 1556215189849.jpg (256x679, 30K)

>sphinx tiddie jiggle physics

Attached: 1564676096459.jpg (560x560, 40K)

What makes you play that game so much?
I have finished it when it was out on pc and it was cool but kinda average

It's still up until december, right?

>he fell for the dragons dogma meme

Attached: 1465847470751.jpg (435x435, 97K)

Nice.

yea but they don't let you make new accounts anymore.

It's pretty much a singleplayer MMO. There's ALWAYS something to do and your characters look nice, there's tons of customization and the combat is very fast and flashy. There's a lot of cool ideas, e.g. I can set myself on fire and just hug enemies to death.

Attached: 6A4B9DBC352E97B034E6D5DF04910D74B24EB3B7[1].jpg (1920x1080, 337K)

give sliders

what? when in the history of gaming has the archer class been the most fun? Now I'm actually curious.

>Boring overworld
>terrible character creator
>tedious class system grinding
>grinding in general
>goofy monster climbing physics
>terrible story
>terrible dialogue
>all the good shits after the main quest line
>tons of easily miss-able quests
>tons of easily miss-able items
>Equipment from start is better fully upgraded than anything else you get later in the game (seriously look it up)
>ridiculous overpowered mobs on Bitter black isle
>obnoxious item inventory system
>picking up individual items everytime you search a bush or a spot on the map
>Graphics are terrible even on PC with 4k
>Music is generic and gets repetitive very quickly
>Nonsensical difficulty curve in areas that you need to traverse to do early quests
>Level 20 Bandits in a starting area
>No fast travel system outside of port crystals which are technically not unlimited
>Fall damage that instantly kills you
>Hard mode grants more XP and money
>Normal difficulty made obsolete by those two very important features of Hard mode

I have like 300 hours

I could never play this game again its boring as fuck once you realize how mediocre the game actually is.

Attached: 1558150781204.gif (480x362, 1.52M)

It is, Ranger and Strider are really good

I initially wanted to try to recreate Katlyn's face but IMO my end result turned out to be better looking.

Hairstyle: 21
Face Shape: 13
Eyes: 33, size: +1
Brows: 32, spacing: +1
Nose: 04
Mouth: 28
Ears: 01
Makeup: 02

Attached: katlyn_vs_me.png (718x483, 795K)

OH YEAH

>I forgot about the fucking dragon they put in on the overworld map that you won't be able to kill till your level 80, but all the surrounding enemies are totally reasonable- and you have to pass through that area to do several other quests.

>Warrior are 100% worthless
>Fighter is okay early game

Fucking pleb.... a non retard Arc of Deliverance can break mobs like twigs and a good Fighter can tank the world.

>but then completely outclassed by both Assassin and Mystic Knight.

Assassin is just plain boring because he doesn't have good bow skills and some sword skills are shit (while counter attacks are the best) the only good thing about Assassin is dual dagger combos.

MK if you are playing as Cannon is boring.

>terrible character creator
Except it's one of the best? Otherwise, just because a game is not for you doesn't speak to the overall value or quality of the product. Go play Fortnite or something else that meets your standards of excellence.

thanks my dude

There's a fuckton of bow skills and bow/dagger users can do all kinds of crazy air moves, like jump off an enemy and then do a flip in the air and smash him in the head. The other classes pale in comparison.

I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not

>300 hours to realize it's mediocre

Attached: 1494099081939.png (1000x869, 1.17M)

You are everything wrong with todays gaymers.
>hurr give me more quantity over quality
>hurr I love gobbling up random fetch quest #578329105712389
The open world is to set a sense of scale and atmosphere, not to pump it full of mundane shit.

This game made me realize how much I love bandanas

Attached: 20180505164857_1.jpg (1920x1080, 363K)

That's one nice looking ass.

Attached: anime_blushing.gif (540x603, 188K)

Attached: 20180513123256_1.jpg (1920x1080, 624K)

current character, no pawn, they're overrated

Attached: dragon_dogma_char.jpg (635x574, 204K)

Just FYI there's a popular strategy where you dock your pawn at level 50 (that's enough to equip all the best gear in the game), outfit it with the said gear and then it gets rented for tons of RC, just take your pawn out once in a while, rest with it for +RC, then throw it back in a river again lmao.

if she were unarmed this would have closely resembled a good old virgin sacrifice

You can do an unarmed run if you want, especially in NG+, there are rings that give lots of unarmed damage, so you could literally climb that hydra and punch it in the head.

I just have my bro rent out my pawn for enough rift crystals to purify
and it's more about doing a solo playthrough

Attached: 20190809065602_1.jpg (2560x1440, 586K)

My biggest game disappointment. I came in expecting this to become my favorite game of all time, but turns out it was just empty world with no good quests and exploration was ass.

If it was tight and contained like Risen1 and with more decent quests it would be goty, but as it is it's just empty and boring.

hope if there's ever a sequel, it'll include a proper monk vocation

Hard mode was added after the game came out and people were already done with it, it's not meant for a fresh playthrough and you are a fucking idiot for judging it by that when it's not even intended to be used in that way.
It's for higher leveled players.
NO FUCKING SHIT it's unbalanced, it's not for you.

Exploration can be really cool, even though it's pretty easy to break the game once you know it inside out.

Early on you have no fast travel, you're deep in some woods, it's pitch black and powerful creatures are spawning, you can barely see shit in the light of your lantern, and then suddenly a chimera runs out of the darkness and you do your best to survive.

Is there a way to make a pawn cast spellscreen multiple times?

it's a damn shame there's no proper hard mode intended to be challenging but fair from level 1
like say, enemies with more abilities and better AI rather than just inflated stats

Doesn't really matter what level you play it at, those flaws are always present.

sneed

>people shitting on hard mode when it wasn't even in vanilla
You are all very, very stupid.
This shit was added POST LAUNCH FOR MAX LEVEL PLAYERS
When it's done right and done by itsuno.
You are a boring dumb fucking faggot if you can't imagine an archer class as being the best in a fantasy game.

The double stamina drain is a lot more annoying in Hard Mode. I wish they just did basic enemy damage/health/xp scaling with each NG cycle like in Dark Souls.

would love to. but its got a shit save system that put me off.

You can literally quick save anywhere outside of combat, how is this not enough for you? It also makes checkpoint saves everytime you rest or use a riftstone, so you can always revert to those if you fuck up.

Attached: arisen.png (589x700, 822K)

>muh quests
>muh empty world
DD is too good for you retard

>muh arcade stick wigglan

go poke some rocks in the woods faggot. Has the same amount of content as your "deep combat"

Just say you never played the game you lying bitch.
Once you hit 200 and have decent gear you will stagger anything and everything unless you're trying real hard to be shit at the game. Eliminators on hard can be sent flying off cliffs and staggered by a level 20 (twenty) archer if you know when to hit them which is during their charge.
Everything has a weakness that lets you stagger or knockback at any level if you know how to play. The increased thresholds are only bullshit if you don't know your enemies.
And nobody should be bitching about more gold for harder enemies. RC matters more and is harder to get

its a bad save system my dude. not gonna argue with because youre obviously a fan and that would be tiresome.
just know that i know its an otherwise great game.

I'm sorry you need your game to save for you every 5 minutes.
You'll never get to experience a real game. Your loss

Alright, I'll humor you. How do you defeat an elder ogre without being stupid overleveled and/or using a BBI lvl 2/3 weapon?

Attached: 5A2819C9934703171100A97C6F9A5A7F0B1F1C15[1].jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

>to save for you
nope. full control of my saves is all i want in my rpg

also see

You don't need to defeat them.

You use STEAL and run like a bitch

>PC "Master race"
>has to quicksave and quickload constantly like a fallout bitch

yep.
but its a good game otherwise. hopefully that leaves this discussion on a friendly note. i understand the need to be an asshole on Yea Forums though

Throwblasts and/or blast arrows.
You dumb nerd. They shower you with bombs in BBI in the rest stops. They're good for SOMETHING and that something is killing BBI shit with a level 1 character.
Please apply yourself. And Don't cry cheese.

>Console cucks
>Auto-save
>Reload if they fuck anything kills 2~3 hours of playing because can't save in any moment needed

imagine Mercedes making you her personal femdom slave haha

Magic always has the cooler animations, melee always has the cooler weapons.

>dude lmao just run or grind for 10 hours
The cool thing about Dark Souls is that it can be easily beaten at any level as long as you're a decent player. The damage/defense system in DD was a huge mistake IMO. You literally do no damage if the enemy's defense rating is higher than your attack.

Well this game has magical melee and ranged physical characters so what more do you want bro

>heres your dungeon but darkest
Remind yourself, user

>played a boring game for 300 hours
Are you retarded?

It also makes autosaves on every second area transition, sorta like in Bethesda's games. Really, what the fuck is your problem? Are you a she-goat per chance?

Attached: F6A89819CDBCAB214604934317E840F0ED442005[1].jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

i'm the asshole because you're bad at video game

That's what makes a game a game. You'd know this if you had sex.

Throwblasts nigger

I weirdly enough miss the ps3 days.
The PC release was great for the framerate, fucking around with modding a bit and basically finally being able to clarify some mechanics but it took a lot of the magic out of it for me once you dispel the mysteriousness of some of the game's mechanics (inclinations and pawn behavior mainly) because pawns are what gave all the replay value after a certain point.

Attached: grigs.png (1280x720, 415K)

Attached: 1536722507765.png (600x570, 55K)

i was just commenting on your belligerent way of having a discussion. theres no need for it but its understandable considering where we are.
thats all mate

Any good advices for a newcomer to the game?

Play a bow user, follow the main quest until you successfully escord the hydra head to the capital THEN STOP, because progressing further will auto-fail some important side quests and might potentially lock you out of a pretty cool area.

Have you tried... throwblasts?

Fighter can be a good starting choice because the block with shield, use a Mage pawn to heal/buff while you grasp the game.

No, BEFORE you start the hydra head quest you look around cassardis for any quests.

easy to miss quests are from the priest and and some guy that's too much of a pussy to give a eulogy.

Bluemoon tower was kino as hell

IIRC accepting the pawn guild quest is the first main quest event that will auto-fail anything. I'd suggest beelining for Gran Soren to unlock the other classes, get access to merchants + eternal ferrystone and then fucking off back to your fishing village for some important questing. If you need anything you can just TP to Gran Soren whenever.

You can change classes early on in BBI, just wait for the lady at night.

And I checked, Lost faith and Grim tidings will become unavailable once you finish off with it's head, which is the moment you reach Gran Soren

Pick Strider (just trust me), then don't give up until you reach the capital (hydra head escort quest, it's shit but you have to do it to finish the tutorial). The game opens up after that and becomes a true open world experience where you can literally go anywhere.

>dude just wait for this trigger and go to super late game area to change your class
Seems like pretty bad advice for a beginner? Just do the tutorial, it will teach you things.

As for the priest quest, yeah I guess. I usually finish that one + the flower thing + the well before doing the hydra head, but that's just me. A beginner might get bored with these, dunno. There are also those collect 10 rabbit asses etc noticeboard quests that no one should pay any mind to.

I mean, they COULD just go to the hotel and awake at night. They don't have to go inside either, just change if they want and leave.

And yea, the preist one has a point of no return until NG+, so I mentioned it so they have knowledge of it.

Anyone else excited for the upcoming Dragon's Dogma Anime?

Attached: Hanging out with Grigori.png (900x561, 715K)

I tried, but I just couldn't get into it. I'm really fucking picky with the big open world games nowadays.

IIRC the priest quest is just XP + disposition with the NPC so that you can do their escort quest later on for some items. Same goes for Madeleine.

Still, I wouldn't recommend getting super autistic about not missing quests, just make sure you do Quina's quest line, it unlocks locations and super useful items and her quests are unfortunately easy to ignore and auto-fail. Her first quest is called Lost and Found and is given by the village chief.

Will it have an all new storyline? IIRC the MMO was set in a completely different world with all new characters and some White Dragon bullshit as an excuse for there being so many arisen running around.

Attached: spardo_dragons_dogma.png (1024x1024, 1.03M)

>boring overworld
Thats the only true thing you typed in.

If only DDOnline did come to the West... maybe maybe...they could have made some dosh.

nipons sure are retards doing business

Fair enough. I just found it annoying to miss easy quests and had to start over to get them.

Thats a cutie, mind sharing the sliders?

Attached: 1564021321453.gif (178x300, 307K)

>Netflix

Attached: 20180921164145_1.jpg (1920x1080, 180K)

Hey now, the Casltevania anime was pretty good.

>PC mustardrace
>has enough self-control to simply not savescum if they don't want to but if someone just wants he can do it
>console ketchups
>so weak willed that they can't self-control and would savescum constantly so the game needs to hold their hand and forbid it outright
We can play this game as well.

Link please dear brothers I cant find it! P L E A S E

Attached: we_have_to_attack_him.gif (250x173, 3.04M)

God "people" on this forum are stupid. Truly INTPs are geniuses among us.

Dunno what you'r talking about Blame! was quite dope

wow you are actually braindead. kill yourself

Already did, see here

definitely the best RPG of the last generation

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96

This.

Why the fuck does no one know about how good throwblasts are? They give you a shit ton of them in BBI for a fucking reason.
The throwing system is shit but still.

well, using a throwblast is kind of clunky
if you could just hotkey them and then instantly throw them a lot of people would be using them all the time

Loli mage pawn is only if you're playing Guts.
Best risen is Mario with Luigi Pawn.

>not having a giant muscular meatshield of a pawn

Dragon's dogma with fantasy races as pawns only.

y/n?

Attached: 1546748839748.jpg (384x377, 21K)

>create thicc lizard girl harem
yes please

>now have to find what got moved back to home inventory and put it on my new pawns to go on m next trip outside of gran soren
The fuck are you doing that for? I treat all pawns I hire, including my own, as pack mules and meat shields, nothing more. Obviously my own will get tricked out with the best gear and skills so they're useful in combat, but outside of that I want them to collect everything they see because I sure as fuck won't do it. If there's one thing I hate about open world games like Fallout and BoTW it's item management, but in Dragon's Dogma I let the pawns do all the collecting and anything I collect I instantly dump onto them outside curatives. When I hire new ones I just let them collect their own garish and clean cloth and what they don't use gets dumped into my personal inventory when I send them on their way.

Attached: 1448647420749.png (900x900, 187K)

Thankyou dear brother,

Attached: 1561830783621.gif (951x690, 2.94M)

>They speak simple words and phrases "I heal", "I know way", "here, rest"
>Growl at enemies
>You can headpat them.

Attached: lizardfolk.jpg (320x328, 17K)

Meant for .

Ah yes the beginner's trap. Well since you allegedly put over 300 hours in I know that you're plain stupid because there's a shortcut around the drake entirely so you never have to face it.

Attached: IMG_5992.jpg (3264x2448, 2.39M)

Attached: 2016-02-21_00004.jpg (1920x1200, 576K)

anime af

Attached: 1539561426830.jpg (243x250, 9K)

i'm sad now because i know that won't be the case

Attached: 1514338476105.png (220x380, 109K)

Absolutely exquisite. Very noice user.

Attached: 1453385448458.jpg (600x600, 67K)

Ok, I got to the rock where I make my "main" pawn, wat do

Loli obviously

Spend an hour tweaking sliders and make your perfect waifu.

You can buy an item later on that will let you infinitely edit/recreate both yourself and your pawn.

Fug. I would lave liked to have those lizardpeople as friends.

Regarding stats?

Since no-one recommended controller I will. The hotkeys on KB+M are nice, but pausing the game to use an item also has something to it. If a third person game requires accurate aiming (eg Max Payne 3) I'll play it with mouse but otherwise it's controller always, especially if there's driving involved.

lmao keep zooming

What are some good male protag or pawn designs that don't look like a guts rip off?

>The story follows a manā€™s journey seeking revenge on a dragon who stole his heart. On his way, the man is brought back to life as an ā€˜Arisenā€™. An action adventure about a man challenged by demons who represent the seven deadly sins of humans
>seven deadly sins

My pawn on the right
>tfw play as the loli and can't rent myself out

Attached: 20190328224548_1.jpg (1920x1080, 354K)

Check the art book, it has a bunch of great inspiration.

Attached: 20181014090254_1.jpg (1920x1080, 391K)

Why make 2 when you're still buying the first?

Anyone?

Is there a scan anywhere of it?

Stats depend of class, each one levels you up differently and you can change it at any time.

Generally, fighter is STR and HP, Mage is INT, and strider is DEX and Stamina.

To add to this, stats don't matter nearly as much as gear does. Don't fret about min/max and just experiment with all the vocations.

Great game just lots of little things bring it down for me. The slow start, the repetition of the world and its enemies, the weird stat system gimping characters, the pawn busywork, tonnes of items etc. I hope we get DD2 and it fixes a lot of the problems 1 had.

dont worry much about stats, your stat growth up to the level cap is about half of what you get from endgame weapons
pawns learn from you though so the best pawns usually share same or similar vocations as their arisen

I disagree. Even with endgame gear, a poorly leveled Magic Archer is TRASH GARBAGE. Every single attack like hitting the enemy with a wet fucking noodle.

That's really the only one though. All of the other classes do great. It's just Magic Archer is a dumpsterfire if you didn't 10-200 a Sorcerer first.

God damn it, am I really about to buy this game again but on PC? I've bought it on PS4 and PS3. Such a great game.

Attached: 1558243946063.gif (500x278, 262K)

It's worth it. I bought it on PS3, PC, and Switch and had a blast every time I played it through. It's honestly one of the greatest singleplayer RPGs ever made, I rank it higher than even Morrowind.

exhentai.org/g/634910/1008e0fbd3/
I'm sure you could find better scans if you looked hard enough. Maybe dig through the /ddg/ archives.

I'm waiting for it to go on sale or be added to Game Pass on Xbone . My shitty pawn must be spread as much as possible.

Attached: 20190508233706_1.jpg (1920x1080, 447K)

There's a high quality PDF of it. It was on Steam as a pre-order DLC. Anyway, just get it here since they don't sell the PDF anymore:

mega.nz/#!YBwlhCCI!IXlszReuVbxIPZOuORD0yE7hoUgXTS3USmaHZIGq4nQ

Attached: animebooks-com_2272_215389788[1].jpg (1000x766, 916K)

i don't think i've ever burned myself out on a game harder. good game but i have zero desire to go back to it. DD2 fucking when?

Attached: Dragon's Dogma_ Dark Arisen Screenshot_7.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

I'd rather wait for DD2 that gets rid of the jankier parts and has godly REngine graphics

>Magic Archer is a dumpsterfire if you didn't 10-200 a Sorcerer first
Nigger what. I'm playing a 605/605 MA (roughly 100 levels of assassin then 100 levels of sorc). Immolation scales off physical damage so you still need a pretty good physical attack, and you can always buff your magic some more with augments and gear like the trophy set. This build shreds all BBI enemies in seconds, provided you have optimal gear.

I've been meaning too, but then I remember how much of a grind 1-70 is so then I don't.

r8 my Pawn

Attached: 1414701082456.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

But it's garbage, user.
I want to like it but it's just such a stripped and empty shit game.

I'd rather play modded Skyrim instead. At least Skyrim has more content and is so fucking empty. Plus, mods. DD doesn't even have a mod scene who produce decent stuff.

There isn't even a romance and sex mod for pawns either. It's crazy that there isn't even that. That was a day one request from the community and nobody pulled it off.

lmao just literally git gud, you can go straight to BBI with a lvl 1 character and WIN if you're decent at the game, will get a fuck ton of levels in just a few hours

'>*not so fucking empty

fellas
loli arisen+big brown amazoness pawn or big brown amazoness arisen+loli pawn

Skyrim's combat is trash though, you just run up to an enemy and clicky-click your dual dagger power attack. Or you crouch everywhere and one shot everything with your bow. Meh.

Anyplace have a whole bunch of sliders? I canā€™t make a good looking character for the life of me.

Think of more original tropes. Like half of the pawns are already buff amazonians and smol lolis.

yeah but why would you, you'll be dead vs the first Gorecyclops encounter

Try this collection:
imgur.com/gallery/qGAVO
imgur.com/gallery/E5eAu
imgur.com/gallery/FxAl5

Attached: pri1fX0.jpg (1080x1920, 406K)

yeah but in skyrim you can sneak attack suplex people so im afraid im gonna have you ask you to reevaluate yourself

Man, I don't think a character creator will ever be as good as the one in this game.

The gameplay is also fucking superb, even if the overworld felt empty, there were always some well-placed encounters that made it worth it, because let's face it, combat is the main attraction in DD.

Gran Soren was also pretty fucking comfy.

I only ever had two Pawns, a female Sorcerer and a male Warrior

TIS WEAK TO LIGHTNIGNING

Both Garms and Elder Ogres take massive damage from it. Basically in BBI take holy affinity and lightning for Carion beasts.

>found a level 50 pawn and kept till I reached level 100 as she had the perfect augments for BBI.
>Pawn was called "Photon".

If you are reading this user, your pawn was really well desinged for BBI. 10/10, enjoy all your rift crystals.

I always do the first batch of Cassardis quest even before saving Reynard, then I go back there after killing the Hydra to accept the new ones. For the Witchwood I just run past the bandits.

Already beat my meat into oblivion on my first go through, unless there are mods that enhance that, or something more fun to play as than a magic knight with the casting speed mods, then nah.

Is that true on the PC version? Console let's you map items to the d-pad.

Console allowed that?

The main quests in DD are set in tiers anyway, so one character gives you a bunch to do in any order, and lets you know when you've done enough to move to the next tier. So simply do all the side quests before you agree to move to the next stage in the main quest and you'll probably not miss much (anything at all?)

>DD2 on the RE Engine

Attached: 1565623641139.jpg (604x604, 112K)

>Expect anime about fighting dragons get Duke Edmund slowly becoming more corrupt and jaded due to dealing with feudal politics. His arc going from that of a noble soldier to a vile cowardly old man. Final episode has him meet the Arisen from the game.

I'd like this

Yeah, everyone thinks they're being original when they make a nigger with lipstick and the chipmunk voice or an ugly loli.
The Pawn system really shows how creatively bankrupt the average player is when it comes to making a character and the PC version is worse because all low lvl pawns have those ugly OP outfits the game gives you at the start.

God I hope in Dragon's Dogma 2 we fight a giant Ice dragon, basically the Ice dragon equivalent to Big G.

I'm tempted to fucking make this if I don't do a decent male with the OP's waifu.

Attached: J5Vk47i.jpg (1080x1920, 467K)

Looks like monica in early seasons of friends

the first witchwood quest is beyond smoothbrained game design and probably why a lot of people dropped this game

why bother, user
go hard or go home, you know?

So Yea Forums Male Arisen with Female Pawn, or Female Arisen with Male Pawn?

Attached: DA177.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Female pawn female arisen

This. DD2 when?
A man can only have so many bikini-clad loli parties before it starts to get stale.

I don't care how gay this sounds, I wanna make a Sephiroth character.

Attached: Sephiroth_meme_base.jpg (600x342, 30K)

Attached: EZqmbot.jpg (1080x1920, 459K)

That's super fucking gay, user.

>People actually use sliders for celebrities and movie characters
>Unable to create a face solely from their imagination
Pity

Attached: DA175.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

I only remember using crafting to quickly be done with a side quest, a dark sphere or something, and never nothing. There was any point to it? did it made silver and gold forging easier to access or something?

You can, but that's still superfucking gay.

If youā€™re playing on 360/PS3 you have to have Griffith with Guts for that sweet Berserk armor
Still mad itā€™s not in Dark Arisen

that sounds epic user but i dont think you can get a nodachi so im afraid you cant
maybe cloud thou

I'm just surprised there isn't any sliders for it, or any of the naruto characters.

>Getting shield parry just right on the Griffon

Attached: 1528336345055.gif (331x197, 1.91M)

>Getting an enchanted shield parry next to a Magic Cannon

Attached: tis weak to framerates.webm (512x384, 1.93M)

except for the faces of course

Pawns are 10 times worse than Autonomy perk, don't listen to anyone who tells otherwise. Their only pro is that they can be a loli to jerk off to once in a while.
Those daggers are trash. I don't want you playing the game the way I don't like.

If youĀ“re the amazoness, you can put the loli over your shoulder and carry her.

not him but ive legit bought this on 2 platforms and not ever installed it just so the devs know we want dd2.
i didnt buy dmc5, i dont give a shit about megaman. I want dragons dogma 2!

I already have and will play again.

Finally managed to push myself to truly clear the base game last night, gonna start over and see about going through to NG+ and BBI

...but first I've gotta get through the character creators *sob*

Attached: Spin.webm (800x450, 2.81M)

I know this isn't a feature, but it makes it 100x better. Like the spell's so strong it breaks reality.

>What about instead of releasing Dragon's Domga Online in the west, where it sold really well, we shut it down?
>Make DLC for RE2make? Nah, this game is going to flop.
And people are actually hyped for Resident Evil Resistance.

Attached: 53753853.jpg (409x413, 18K)

Dragons Dogma Online is fucking shit and the first game is unfinished and mediocre with some comfy parts. Either they make a proper game next or fuck off.

>lying on the internet

Go with 2 girls because there are places where males can't enter without a fight (or a disguise) and females have more armor/clothing options anyway.

>this is what closet trannies say to themselves to cope

Crafting is super useful for farming Liquid Vim (by far the best consumable in the game). Go to Bloodwater Beach at night (make sure you have a portcrystal there), get like 10 giant fish, combine them with pickled mushrooms (the lady in Cassardis sells these) to get 10 Liquid Vims. It freezes all stamina drain for 1 minute so you can skill spam like crazy.

Eyy. I have this and its expansion bought but unplayed on my PS4. Any beginners tips? Also, class suggestions.

You are literally locked out of talking to a certain NPC if there is a male in your party, you or one of your Pawns.

Attached: Westron Labrys Bandits.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

Play Strider, then switch to Assassin OR Ranger. Don't drop the game until you're done with the hydra head escort quest, it opens up after that one.

>play women to talk with feminazi bandits
You convinced me.

stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner

I always played as a cute little redhaired halfling girl. Adventuring in a world filled with big, muscly male adventurers two or three times as big as me. All of whom would just love to fuck my cute little self until I can haradly stand up.

You do get access to the giant lesbian orgy scene.

You can also just wear a dress, or any piece of woman's clothing and that will allow you to talk to'em.

There's a pretty cool quest where they ask you to feed a goblin to a friendly cyclops they keep as a pet. A lot of people don't know about this one because they usually have at least one male in the party.

7/10.

Are there any mods that make the world colorful and less "greyed out"? the whole dulled color aesthetic killed the game 4 me

There is any mix to get good physical damage and magick?

Always change vocations in every run and don't want to hit like a noddle with physical vocations. Is around 550~ useful?

>might potentially lock you out of a pretty cool area

which one?
I played the game years ago but I don't know if I missed it or not

605/605 is the best you can get if you want a balanced build. Don't forget about the +10%/20% strength/magic augments from fighter/warrior/mage/sorcerer vocations.

stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#am000000000004005600000000000063000100

Witchwood. The second half is inaccessible without doing Quina/Selene's quests.

I think that you can use a ENB for that, user, but no actual mods as far as I know.

Alright, this has only recently started bugging me but what the FUCK is up with Gran Soren's desing?

Seriously, it's a large-ass city right next to the sea and it doesn't have a bloody port or harbor of ANY kind
Just FUCKING how and why??

Sea's infested with monsters, only madmen go out there

Why are you lying? There's a wharf just outside, your pawn even comments on it.

So do enemies scale if I get a lvl 130 pawn while I'm lvl 6 or what?

Nothing scales, all encounters are hand placed. You get less XP depending on how many pawns you have and what level they are though.

What's with this game? I keep returning to it and just exploring the map even though there's nothing new about it. I've been everywhere and killed dozens of every enemy type and I know where to expect them. It doesn't seem to age at all. I can't tell what it is, surely not the combat, I like it but it's not the main draw in the exploration.

Is there a similar game? I've tried GW2, BOTW and Kenshi so far, none of them has come close

I'd honestly forgotten about that that one until you mentioned it.
It is, however an abandoned warf and it's honestly pathetically small for Gran Soren. Hell, fucking Cassardis had a much larger pier until the Dragon trashed most of it.

Ahh, so that's why Cassardis has a wall. It's not there to protect the village, it was an attempt to contain those crazy fishermen!

Good games are replayable a lot even if you know every knook and zone.

That happens to me with BG, IWD, Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1.

If there's ever a sequel I want me a kraken boss battle

I love these sheets, really wish there were more. Only other collection I know of is a guy who uploads his creations to YouTube.

Attached: nA2TOLo.jpg (1080x1920, 511K)

>we'll never know if Valmiro bested the Brine and reached a new continent
Some water-based enemies would've been really interesting.

well in my case the dragon snatched him from his boat

Gran Soren is interesting, videos related:
youtu.be/LUAYX5XdOIY
youtu.be/Ung50E2CjVk

Attached: Dragon's.Dogma.full.1367501.jpg (1000x600, 90K)

Why play as yourself and make your pawn your waifu when you can make your pawn yourself and play as the waifu?

Why make yourself at all when you can just make two waifus

the design of most cities is garbage
>build huge city
>conveniently build a small passage through the sewers and a door, defeating the defensive purpose of the walls
same with the duke's castle in the witchwood, has a walkway from the beach into the castle behind the walls. this shit is retarded

One save slot only. That is literally the only reason.

>watch yourself being useless
It's too real. I don't need this in my life.

Honestly, I have 300 hours on this game and never bothered creating any male characters. There's only 3 male exclusive outfits anyway and they aren't really worth using. The good ones like Duke's armor can still be worn by girls and most yellow vocation gear looks way better on girls anyway. And a lot of that gear is even female exclusive IIRC, all the skirts, thigh high boots, thongs etc.

climb dem bewbs

Get rid of your Guardian inclination then fag

actually, most castles did have small routes like that, they're not to big a deal as in medieval times, most fortified cities and castles weren't actually assaulted, but rather starved into submission
The enemy can't send an entire army through a 2m wide passage

>one save slot
Just copy the save, dummy.

Attached: 1433333285077.gif (250x255, 2.84M)

it doesn't take an entire army, retard. leaving an open path like that is just bad design. It gives the enemy a gap he can concentrate on while sieging other parts of the city. And in most sieges the siegers typically bring huge armies to balance out the disadvantage of being on the attack, so typically the defenders will have usually the few men they can fit inside a castle while for an attack the sky's the limit when it comes to troops. If you have to delegate alot of men to defend a retarded open door inside your walls, it means less troops on the walls, and the attacker will exploit that. This is not even mentioning the countless scenarios where this little door can kill a castle, in the heat of an assault on the walls a small party can break through the door while the defenders are distracted, breaking through inside the sewers is literally all it takes, the defense from there will be disorganised and forced to defend many streets and avenues, the small choke point would be lost, that's too big a risk to happen over a retarded door, another scenario could involve a surprise attack at night, the enemy bringing lots of materials and engineers and investing the walkway and making it a dedicated siege point since it's quite literally a hole inside the walls, etc.
I doubt any castle had this kind of retardation, especially the duke's castle in the witchwood, which basically has an open fucking path, a huge one, through the walls inside the castle, starting from down at the beach. Meaning I could sail with a bunch of boats into his little castle and walk up inside it during a siege.

There's that, but alternating between saves is kind of a hassle. I'm also one of those guys who is absolutely committed to that one save slot.

Glad to see you're still around

Given that the opening is near the sewers it would be trivial to flood it or otherwise make it inaccessible
doubly so because the path leading to it is naturally narrow

>want to hire a cute boy
>all the pawns are just little girls
goddamn selfish fujoshits hogging all the shota

Actually just create another Steam account and family share the game, this way you can hire your own pawns. If you're on a console then it should be possible to create another user profile still I think. At least on the Switch and PS4.

I've made two new Steam accounts just to have three DDDA save slots. I'm surprised they haven't shut me down

It's completely legal.

how are you gonna flood it, faggot? it's a sewer that dumps out over a ridge. where are you gonna get constant flowing water to keep it flooded, a waterfall?
the path is narrow but it exists, sappers during sieges easily turn these kind of tiny paths into huge ones, and in the theoretical event of a siege they 100% will.

Shit user, you know there's a mod that allows for multiple save file management right?

Can I remake my main pawn and also rename it?

Already did, was great.

Not something I can keep playing forever though. So hurry the fuck up with DD2.

It fucks with your pawn's online data and might get it corrupted. Just use family sharing.

Yeah, one potion for cheap will get you one remake for MC and pawn. Another more expensive one will give you unlimited changes. Best to save for the big one.

This and also from online

>alchemist

Yes. The dude in yellow robes near the riftstone at the camp sells an item that will allow you to recreate yourself and the pawn ONCE. A similar item but with unlimited uses can be purchased after beating the big red dragon (but only before going to NG+).

The dinput hook mod also lets you hack the option in whenever.

I tried, the world is such a slog to go through that it killed my interest. The melee combat also isn't that good.

By the time I got to the PC version, I could care less about the online features. That's what pisses me off the most about several year late pc ports. I already did everything in the game years ago. DD2 needs to be on pc at launch, cause it's gonna be the same shit all over again otherwise.

>the melee combat isn't that good

When compared to what? I don't think I've ever played an open world game with better melee combat.

I do know, I looked into it before making my second account but decided it's too much hassle, as is swapping the files. I'm not risking corruption no matter how small the chance.

I also considered purchasing a GOG copy for a second save slot but I don't want two fucking installations of the game on my PC, I have plenty of space but that's just too much

I will never forget time coming to the clearing and seeing Full moon tower in all it's glory.

>I could care less about the online features
I'm currently sitting on a pile of 600 wakestones and tons of Ur gear. Also have 3 mln RC from renting out my pawn. Just saying.

god alchemist is so fucking fun, he deserves his own game.
lancer too is pretty fun

Attached: 1567078190464.webm (650x364, 2.94M)

Pawn's on the left.

Attached: ddg Bro Reunion.jpg (1280x720, 239K)

did you drop it before arriving in gran soren?
if so then I'd suggest you to give it a second try. everything before gran soren is a fucking slog but afterwards the game massively opens up and gradually gets more fun as you progress

I hope we fight multiple big dragons. Like atleast 3. And maybe have them be a little interesting than simple elements. Like dragon 1 could be ice, sure. But by dragon 3 id want it to be cosmic/astral/space power that basically makes it a cosmic-horror dragon thing.

Good LORD I have a MIGHTY fucking need
Itsuno plz

reminder that you still have a chance to experience DDO before it shuts down for good

Wow damn. Agreed. Some of the classes in online look so much fun to play. I want more varied classes/weapons in ddg2.

>tfw nobody ever rents your pawn

Attached: fuck this game.jpg (256x375, 38K)

What vocation is your pawn and what Inclinations does it have? These are the major points.

Wtf is this bara shit.

Attached: homophobic_seal.gif (284x284, 119K)

every single class from DD has gotten massive gameplay overhauls to make them more viable or fun. for example strider's combat revolves around using a grapling hook to zoom around the combat area.

So starting is better to ignore all and go to the City to change vocations and then return and doing step by step all the missions?

Want to avoid fail missions this time and see all of them.

You can't create accounts anymore.

Dragon's Dogma is the closest a game ever got to the DnD fantasy experience.

Even more than direct copy DnD games like baldur's gate.

It's probably Guardian/Medicant lmao.

NevercametoPC/10

If you have the Dark Arisen version of the game you don't even need to go to Gran Soren to change vocations. You can just go to the Encampment, speak to the Captain there to rest and you unlock the way to get to Bitterblack Isle. The NPC there allows you to change vocations.

>Want to avoid fail missions
iirc missions only fail if you start/finish a new big quest in gran soren (ie not the ones where you can select between a number of quests)

oh damn, real shame.

Someone ported her to PC and took screens of her nude form

Attached: 1502564162720.jpg (1920x1080, 386K)

/ddg/ my newfriend

DD got its magic right. It isn't just waving your hands and making shit appear, it's you mustering all of your energy to control the elements. It displayed what other RPGs wanted to show in cutscenes into actual gameplay.

So reach level 10 and then change in BBI, thanks.

Utilitarian Sorc, but nobody hires Sorc pawns. They all want Mages.

How vile.

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Shame its small as fuck, and you dont get to explore the far off potions of the area

I actually hire sorcerer pawns, but only for Suasion.

does anyone still have the link for the google doc with all the sliders for male and female faces that people have made?

Huh? Isn't it just a normal character in regular gear? Why is it a big deal to "port" it to the PC?

When compared to just about everything. If you think Dragon's Dogma has the best combat ever you clearly haven't played many games. It's just nothing but skill activation.

No, I reached it.

What's your Pawn's Bestiary like? IIRC Utilitarian relies quite a bit on your Pawn actually knowing their shit about the enemies in the game, so if it's Bestiary is mostly just sitting at two stars then you might be doing yourself a disservice having Utilitarian as the Primary Inclination.

Name a fantasy RPG with better 3rd person combat.

>inb4 Dark Souls 3
lol no

Its just a Pawn from old /ddg/ that the player never ported to PC, so someone else did there's not a big deal.

Just picked warrior class and I'm finding too boring and slow to play, anyone has any tips to give me?

>those abs and those panties on the Arisen.
>Not motivating.
You gay, son?

Don't play warrior lmao, easily the worst class, slow af and only 3 active skills, no shield, no dodge roll, no air moves, no ranged attacks, just all around terrible.

>first it has to be open world open world
>then it's fantasy RPG
>now it's also mandatory to list something that's third person
Lmao. Also, yes, Dark Souls 3 and bloodborne have a better combat systems because they don't rely on nothing but just putting skills onto face buttons and activating them. they have actual combo's and they can only be done with proper button presses. It isn't in depth, but it's better than the alternative. The combat in Dragon's Dogma isn't anything special. Also Severance, Blade of Darkness is better.

So is Dark Messiah
>hurr not third person or open world
Am I supposed to give a shit about your dumb requirements?

Warrior is an absolutely worthless class, switch to something more mobile that can put out decent, continuous damage.

Is it worth it to get it for the ps4 pro

i wouldn't nominate DD as best combat mainly because magic sucks since it's just you waiting to charge your spell. the results are fun to look at but the actual process is fucking braindead
i wish there'd be some more activity required to perform magic like in grimrock or arx fatalis

Sure why not, it's 60 fps on current gen consoles.

>grimrock or arx fatalis
It was a console game, you can't expect anything requiring any sort of precision.

All three have good shit going for them. A nice combo of all three would do just right.

Shit man, I had fun with arc of might though, one full charged blow and it took 2 life bars of a chimera

you can still have some kind of rune spell system where each face button represents a rune and you have to input them in the right order (and maybe even rhythm) to cast a spell.
for reference see magica. works perfectly on a gamepad

The only reason to play Warrior is to get augments.

Reminder that Ser Berne at the Encampment has an Escort quest to the Shadow Fort that gives a VERY good Longsword. Depending on how early you do this quest read: run to the SF before accepting said quest to slap down a Portcrystal you won't find a better Warrior weapon for a good while.

>DS3 and Bloodborne
>Roll, Backstab, and Stunlock: The Game
Come on now.

>they have actual combos
>two hit combos
are you fucking kidding me? DD does that too and even features pause combos.
that aside DD has a different design of creating free form combos by chaining regular attacks and skills one after another much like DMC
>Severance, Blade of Darkness
>slow, boring "wait for enemy to perform attack then punish" combat

Unironically try out Magick Archer if you like to hit for huge damage. 4x Magic Rebalancer and Ninefold Bolt hit like a fucking truck on most enemies, even in BBI.

>tfw Warrior is one of my favourite vocations
With eminence and ferocity, core and jumping attacks are just as good as the weapon skills

>tons of easily miss-able quests
>tons of easily miss-able items
>Equipment from start is better fully upgraded than anything else you get later in the game (seriously look it up)
>ridiculous overpowered mobs on Bitter black isle
>Nonsensical difficulty curve in areas that you need to traverse to do early quests
>Level 20 Bandits in a starting area
>Fall damage that instantly kills you
>Hard mode grants more XP and money
>I forgot about the fucking dragon they put in on the overworld map that you won't be able to kill till your level 80, but all the surrounding enemies are totally reasonable- and you have to pass through that area to do several other quests.
Do you even like video games?

>Music is generic and gets repetitive very quickly
FLYING INTO FREE

>Magicka
>gamepad
Have you even tried it on kbm? its fucking night and day

i like both. but my point is that a rune spell system can work on a gamepad without any issues

>after spending 20 minutes destroying all the talismans to kill the metal monster the LAST ONE turns out to be high up in a tree that is literally impossible to reach
>changed to magic archer just before this after playing strider and longbowman for HOURS
>can't fucking destroy it because the bow has magic damage

Sometimed i hate this game so fucking much. If anyone can defend this game design please do.

I like explosive arrow. That skill is so fun to use.

That's just like, your opinion man. I still disagree with it. I think Dragon's Dogma is a pretty good action game, especially for an open-world one.

And that's why my pawn is ranger. At least now you know.

>If anyone can defend this game design please do.
They really wanted you to play with a party.

I had 3 ones just no archer because i had played as one for the main part of the game.

I get what they were trying to do. They were trying to something like skill checks, where you would come to an impasse without the proper setup. You might come to an area, find that you lack something, and have to come back with updated party. Except the typical video game playing human is more likely to grind it out, running on pure frustration. I know I did the same thing.

'TIS WEAK TO FIRE!

The only defense is that metal golems are literally the only enemy in the game that pulls that crap.

You're aughting around Bitterblack Isle when this Arisen and her Pawns smack you on the ass, what do you do?

Attached: 1458242684153.jpg (1440x900, 320K)

Smack them on the ass.

Don't know what to tell you, sometimes it feels like Capcom didn't bother to playtest this shit at all. If it's in the Everfall, maybe try to leave the room and then re-enter and hope for a different enemy. If not, switch back to a physical bow class.

The thing is that a pawn's bestiary knowledge has super arbitrary conditions before they even know what to do. For golems, your pawn has to kill 15 just to even be of any use during the fight. I've seen some pawns stand around or follow me the whole time during battles because no one is really really bothering to teach them anything.

>playing dogma all day
>there's a thread

Nice. Too bad I can't post pics.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing
Wants me to sign in for some reason, not sure if it's still alive.

fellas
I miss /ddg/

I remember the Dark Bishop being a particularly bullshit fight because of his inexplicable resistances to physical attacks, and all the Archmagicks except dark. I needed a guide to tell me that, because it seemed retarded to me that an undead enemy would resist Holy Magick. Reminded me of the Metal Golem fight somewhat.

yeah thanks, I think the creator locked it because it wants me to request access to it now but t hanks anyway user.

Yeah but you could still attack the Dark Bishop, no matter how inefficient. It's not like he was up in a tree and if you weren't a Ranger you were literally FUCKED.

U got the name or slider for nr 2 from the left?

That's what I played it on. Enjoyed it quite a lot

Except the quests are missable to only fuck you over. When I first got to the castle, I apparently started exploring at the wrong side, which lead me down a secret tunnel in the cells that took me out of the castle and *autosaves behind you*, then I ran back right away and finished exploring the rest of the castle, but OOOPS!, a major quest got permanently unavailable because you have to find it before leaving the castle a single time.

Just one example of how this game is constantly working against you until you emerge yourself in strategy guides.

imagine being a retarded completionist

Attached: 20190619184947_1.jpg (1024x768, 52K)

What an idiotic attempt at defending shitty game design.

Attached: 20190831152642_1.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

Tfw you made an ugly arisen and now you need to wear a mask of shame :c

I don't have any group shots.

Attached: 20190512052016_1.jpg (1920x1080, 452K)

I wish the character creator was more versatile.

Attached: 1449405929371.png (1678x1067, 2.48M)

>can still be worn by girls and most yellow vocation gear looks way better on girls anyway. And a lot of that gear is even female exclusive IIRC, all the skirts, thigh high boots, thongs etc.
Capcom knew their target audience, huh?

It's a JRPG thing, supposedly nips love it because "muh replayability".

Which is true to an extent.

Attached: 20190511155709_1.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

>people are playing WoW classic right now instead of this.

literally artificial replayability.

Attached: CD6E0385FE9633892FF3A2CE2B51304F3B810CD6[1].jpg (1920x1080, 505K)

Attached: 367500_2016-02-04_00009.png (1920x1080, 2.55M)

>my completionist brain can't handle playing a game more than once to explore and find new quests
you faggots are some of the most annoying people

>I've seen some pawns stand around or follow me the whole time during battles because no one is really really bothering to teach them anything.

Sounds like Guardian inclination.

I'm still finding new things in this game even after 4 full playthroughs. Just came across this: if you max out the affinity with the head nun at the abbey she gives you an escort quest with a unique archistaff as the reward. The said archistaff is not available anywhere else in the game. It's just a golden version of another archistaff though, so not terribly useful, but it's still pretty cool.

This was a fun playthrough.

Attached: 20161212231414_1.jpg (1920x1200, 606K)

>THE GAME IS SHITTY ON PURPOSE SO YOU WILL PLAY IT MORE!!!!!
retard.

That random merchant up near the wall where you head to fight Grigori at the end offers more armours if you max his affinity. Its the only way to get the armour from the prologue of the game actually, Ive never see anyone wearing it so assume not many people actually know how to get it.

here's the issue user. you don't like games with replayability but proceed to act like your opinion is a fact

I only recently started playing dragon's dogma on my switch, I made a mario and luigi as my first characters to get a feel for the game. Seeing your screen makes me wanna go back and try that again since I didn't know you could get them themed costumes.

Attached: IMG_1395.jpg (1625x2166, 509K)

I never played BBI but finished the main story.

Yeah most merchants offer more stuff at max affinity, even the old lady in Cassardis. And then the dude at the camp in Devilfire Grove sells wolf head helmets if you max out his affinity.

You're lucky, you get to experience the best part of the game for the first time.

Attached: 1432864677397.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

So now that I made Quina mission can turn in the Hydra head?

Girls?

>you don't like games with replayability
I never said that you fucking retard. The issue is that you're delusional but proceed to act like your delusions are facts.

Some say BBI is the real game. It's like Dark Souls but Dragon's Dogma. Stupid punishing at first, but a pretty fun power trip once you get good. Potentially infinitely replayable, the dungeon just resets over and over, including bosses. Spawns way more powerful enemies after the first cycle. It also has some cool mechanics like random encounters with very powerful enemies to keep you on your toes.

The base game is still pretty nice with its comfy overworld though. I liked them both equally I guess.

You'd better have given them high-pitched voices. Hearing Mario yell SAKIYAA as he suicides himself over the wrong chest-drop while Luigi yells OPEN YOUR EYES is priceless.

There's no way someone can be this retarded.

Men of taste.

Attached: NpBCMw6.png (1560x877, 1.09M)

nah I kept them normal, there isn't a grungy option far as I've heard.

The hydra head quest is not the cut off point. Doing Lure of the Abyss is. But yes, sure.

Use this table for reference in the future:
dragonsdogma.fandom.com/wiki/Quests

Nice, thanks Arisen

you threw a massive bitchfit because you failed a quest and now had to replay the game to complete it.
how could this be an issue if you did like replaying games?

>press x to activate skill
>good combat
come on.
>shitting on severance just so you can dick suck a mediocre action title with serviceable combat
Is this the mindset of a capcom shill?

Never underestimate people
Idiots everywhere
Generally, you'll find them in every city
Go all over the world it's the same
Even in the richest, most "educated" countries
Right now, all we can do is hope they'll all die off
Slowly, if possible

>any criticism of my favorite jrpg is a massive bitchfit
again with your delusions.

Just the pawn

Attached: 2016-02-20_00010.jpg (1920x1080, 240K)

>instead of having madeleine meet you when starting in cassardis you have to arbitrarily backtrack before starting the second main quest or permanently miss her escort quest
BRAVO JAPAN!!! I JUST LOVE THIS REPLAYABILITY!!!

I see a girl and a lewd alcoholic in a bathrobe.

user, skills are moves that you can chain together to form a custom combo, much like in fightan.
if anything skill/singular independent attack combat systems are far superior compared to rigid combo lists since they allow for much more freedom and versatility
>shitting on severance just so you can dick suck a mediocre action title with serviceable combat
>reeeee everyone who dislikes my favorite game is a shill!11!111!!!

Is there any way to have 3 Pawns at once? Essentially, as if the game would allow you to create 2 extra, so you could roll with your own team from the beginning to end.

Outstanding collection. Thanks for sharing!

>500 char ragepost and arguing with a troll isn't a bitchfit

This could apply to Dark Souls as well.

It's not as terrible as Persona, but yeah. I just cucked myself out of Valmiro's questline because I forgot that his quest must be done before Come to Court. Oh well.

>WHY IS YOUR POST LONGER THAN A TWEET STOP RANTING!!!!

Damn I really hope we'll still be able to create lolis and shotas in DD2.

jesus user, take some chill pills and calm down

ddon is literally dragon's dogma 2, it has an entire story you can play solo with pawns

Attached: Dragons Dogma Online 06.02.2018 - 18.13.56.79.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

>if anything skill/singular independent attack combat systems are far superior compared to rigid combo lists since they allow for much more freedom and versatility
That sounds fucking retarded because you can do the exact same thing with a regular combo system, and in DD you can only have to many skills equipped at once which actually inhibits combo potential. You're a fucking retard. You're clearly just a drone who like lapping up shit because there's no other logical reason to actually try and argue that Dragon's Dogma has good combat, let alone the best combat of any RPG ever made. There are western third person RPG's like Kingdom of Amalur which actually have better combat than this. You act like you can't chain skills and combos in other games just because DD does it in one particular way, but in other games you tend to have both regular combos and skills that you can activate in order to chain together attacks. in DD you do nothing but what is essentially activating a select number of mapped skills then you watch them play out on the screen after pressing the correct face button. Is it the grabbing that makes you think this is handled well or is revolutionary? DD's combat is slow and clunky shit with bare minimum levels of skill needed to play the game. The only part about the combat which is good is that nothing has a cool down, it's just tied to stamina. That doesn't mean the core combat isn't slow, clunky, boring, and braindead. I'm just going to assume your a capcom drone that laps up anything they shit out on a plate.

the developer is japanese, of course we'll be able to.

Attached: ECIy5RqW4AY_NKi.jpg (1429x1756, 171K)

You mean 3 your own pawns? Only via Steam family sharing/creating new accounts on your console of choice.

I enjoy playing as a duo personally. You get more XP and not like the game is hard anyway, what with being able to save anywhere and use potentially infinite curatives when pausing the game.

DD has the best character creator ever. There's not a single real life human I haven't been able to recreate. The only obstacle is the lack of hairstyles.

why are you so angry?

sliders???? plesase?

Is that supposed to be an argument?

Use the Pawn Manager mod. You'll have to manually level them up, though.

Already posted here

You can edit your save file to have custom party or make a couple extra accounts to have multiple saves/pawns.

says the guy having a heart attack at reading a post discussing a video game exceeding the twitter character max.

Attached: Heavy and Demoman excellent medieval adventure.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

no just wondering why you're getting so mad in an online discussion

>Is that supposed to be an argument?
Yes. Anyone even remotely criticizing my favorite jrpg is an enraged lunatic.

>log in to see if my pawn had been rented recently after reading thread
>some people from /ddg/ sent my pawn back with over 1.5 million rc
>would like to return the favor but I'm too burnt out on the game like everyone else
I really hope we get DD2 soon.

Attached: 20181105005549_1.jpg (1920x1080, 363K)

Attached: vMfD8oY.jpg (1920x1080, 273K)

gaayyyy

Attached: Mommy Pawn and female (male) Arisen.jpg (1920x1080, 427K)

Why you are hurting me?

I miss DDO...

Attached: 1553097450113.png (512x512, 296K)

>Pawn Manager mod
>edit your save file

Thanks, that'll do it. I wouldn't have minded if I could use the in-game char creator and auto-levelling was available, but being able to have a custom party is definitely worth some manual work.

If you still have the latest version of the client you can play it until shutdown.

Manually leveling them isn't a hassle at all, there's a button on the mod UI. It really is fun having a fully customized party, but I prefer finding a pawn I like online, hiring them, going offline, equipping them myself, and leveling them up through the mod. Using pawns other players have made is just too fun.

>Top Tier
Old Man Caster, Big tiddies caster, Tomboy Yellow
>High Tier
Male Warrior, Female Warrior, Muscle Wizard
>Mid Tier
Brown waifu Yellow, Male dickass thief
>Low Tier
Film/TV copy paste sliders
>Shit Tier
Loli Pawns, Shota Pawns, Trap Pawns

I stopped playing long ago when they put restrictive IP Blocks, nearly stopped playing at the same time all the japes.

shit tier should be brine tier

>dickass thief mid
fucking die please

Attached: 1567200113102.png (880x962, 613K)

>"One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chloride, ONE errant TWITCH-"
>*Places Powder Charge*
>"-and KABLOOIE!"

Right, it should be low tier

cassardis
home
least it was til i fucked everythang up

Attached: cassardis.png (1280x720, 337K)

I would have liked more cities.

Attached: 367500_screenshots_20181031211514_1.jpg (1920x1080, 410K)

shalom fellow /ddg/ head
seems we both have seen the scattering of countless myriad souls

Attached: crimson.jpg (500x768, 305K)

Since I didn't find a single pic about the "Edit Pawn" tab (and have never used the tool): can skills "bought" then equipped there too? It's been years since I last played the game, so excuse me in advance if my memory doesn't serve me well.

Attached: pawnmanager.png (500x400, 32K)

post male arisen and pawns!

sure

Attached: 367500_screenshots_20181105230454_1.jpg (1920x1080, 650K)

Why hello there. Something like that, yes.

Played back on the PS3, bought again on PC and got as far as the final dungeon.
I was building my character to be the perfect Mystic Knight but you gotta play the entire game as the mage classes and turns out its fucking boring so I gave up.

Attached: 367500_screenshots_20181024195245_1.jpg (1920x1080, 570K)

MMM! My perfect pawn waifu, sugoii...

Attached: 20161219030604_1.jpg (1920x1200, 446K)

lol

There's a respec mod on the PC, you can play as whatever and then just respec. Could've googled this shit lmao.

Thank me later.
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/11/

these look remarkably similar to my pawns

tfw kept fucking up fran and she became retarded ever since

>shalom fellow /ddg/ head

Attached: shekelstein.jpg (1600x900, 306K)

yeah I know but I think it fits her

Attached: 367500_screenshots_20181019214017_1.jpg (1920x1080, 613K)

I know there are mods, but thats cheating.
If I was gonna cheat I didnt even need mods for that.

>but it shouldnt you fucking casual

Attached: 1562595099159.png (259x266, 170K)

>you can go straight to BBI with a lvl 1 character and WIN if you're decent at the game,

Haha show proof or shut the fuck up.

It's not cheating since you don't get any advantages, it simply de-levels you and then re-levels you according to what you choose. Everyone in the PC community uses it and it doesn't fuck with your online legibility.

But sure, have fun grinding 200 levels as sorc or whatever, it's super boring to play.

Every time I try to make a male character he looks off somehow. I almost felt like I got it right with this one but his mouth looked stupid from the side.

Attached: 20190123055110_1.jpg (1920x1080, 473K)

I unironically love big noses.

Try a larger mouth?

Run past everything, use throwblast on the first boss, gain a buttload of levels, pick up the moonbeam gem in the next room, go back to duskmoon tower, pick up a BBI lvl 2 shortbow or longbow behind one of the moonbeam gem doors, you're set.