Is WoW Classic literally the best thing to happen to gaming since... WoW?

Attached: SmartSelect_20190831-183350_Chrome.jpg (1277x1708, 771K)

It's just gonna inspire more trend chasing MMOs

>brings the community "back"
>been out for just a few days
ye ok tell me that again in a couple of months

>the only relevant innovations in 10+ years have been gachashit and predatory business models

Attached: 1566237175627.jpg (720x405, 34K)

>filed to WOLRD OF WARCRAFT
Why are writers so incompetent in an age of digital spell checkers and so on
Has over reliance on technology produced human beings incapable of self introspection?

Retail is the future.

Classic is okay but retail is still better.
Don't get me wrong the current state of retail is bad, but classic won't change much so it will STAY okayish only.
Classic is grinding, classic is annoying and has half the classes not fun or useless.
If you play warri, mage or lock in classic its okay but anything else is terrible.

Classic is too grindy and "hard" while retails is too ez with all the stuff they give you for free so it started feeling worthless.
IF they find a middle path for retail it'll blow the fuck out of classic.

You mean when people are trying to fill 40 man raid slots without a group finder?

>Retail is still better
Ion plz go

Attached: mmoplayers.png (2732x1078, 2.27M)

This is exactly what everyone said was going to happen you loud jackasses

God fucking dammit motherfucker fuck you all go suck start a shotgun

The community is still mostly rude assholes unfortunately, only they're forced to work with you sometimes in Classic. I've met like 3 decent people and hundreds who will use you to complete a quest or run a train of mobs onto you after you jump in to save their ass.

>community
Why do these faggots keep using this word, it's just a bunch of people playing a video game jezus christ.

I rather play ffxiv

Games need to be harder to do solo so they weed out antisocial shitters. This builds communities naturally.

Attached: 1565910685485.jpg (895x886, 144K)

The worst thing about classic is the constant retail apologists.

nerds love to feel part of something

WHAT IS HIS NAME AND WHY IS HE SO POWERFUL

Attached: 435354654643.png (1045x597, 536K)

Classic will be better then retail until they release Naxx. What happens afterwards will decide if it'll stay alive or die out.

it's almost as retarded as saying "african american community" or "the gay community"

its played by a bunch of losers desperate to belong somewhere.

>there never will be a mmo with this feel
damn

it's the most overrated game to ever exist

Its sad how people use the excuse of Classic to be more sociable. There is nothing stopping people from being more sociable in any other venue. Vanilla isn't some magic, "makes everyone suddenly non-autistic" cure-all.

People will just use alternative ways to group now. Hell, Discord communities are a thing now. Not to mention
>40man
were really 25-30man raids because there was a ton of dead weight back in the day.

No, WoW was always garbage.

people won't do shit unless you force them to, though. these same people praising wow for its community would have a fit if you forced them to play eq1 or ff11 during their heydays. wow was, in fact, casual compared to them.

>dat feel when you effectively can't progress past starting zones in both of those without finding a group

Attached: ff11-screenshot-battle-2_scale_800_700.jpg (640x480, 48K)

How does he even play since he's broken from the neck down?

Something like that crosses into annoyance territory because you're ENTIRELY dependent on other people on the same server and time zone.

yeah but you're playing an mmorpg in the first place. once upon a time soloers had no place in the genre and that was the reason it remained relatively niche. wow was the game that changed that perception.

the game subscription is $19 a month fuck off cunt

Attached: 1547584371703.png (2968x4112, 538K)

By launching classic, Blizzard basically admitted that their expansions are bullshit.

He is right though. Used to play Lineage 2 and the game basically forced me get a group to keep up. I had a steady list of friends and a main group i used to do most of my grind with. Grinding in these games is pretty mundane so you make your own fun by talking shit in group.

Fuck off. Retail is dead as dead can be. Classic up to wrath is the future and at that point no one will ever touch retail again. Only WoW can kill WoW.

He's right though.
I was doubtful but so far the people in Classic are a lot more social and helpful than in retail.
Everyone is friendly and understanding if you make mistakes, helps with quests, gifts you stuff, passes on loot they don't need that much... it's honestly a lot better than retail.
I've yet to see how it well be once everyone reaches 60 and starts endgame dungeons and raids, but so far I'm very confident.

Then why don't you see it anywhere else? Something's clearly happening that makes it work.

>community

fucking kek, it's no different than retail, everyone sitting in discord

It's shit, Pantheon will be the true savior of the genre.

>tfw never played WoW
>tfw everyone bitching about minmax shit
>tfw people whinging and moaning constantly about race specials and shit
>pick dorf because they look cool
>pick hunter because it's fun
>having a great time

I think letting socially inept people play MP games is the problem here

> 19$
Nigger it cost 13 bucks

It's not an excuse, it's in your own interest to group up and help eachother out and that leads to helping in other ways if that goes well.

In modern WoW all that is convenienced away, shit's way too easy and there's no real benefit to the professions and you can't toss out buffs, there's not such a desperate need for materials, etc.

Face it, classic wow is better designed to put more importance on the social aspect and teamwork.

>no different than retail

Attached: delusional.png (900x676, 410K)

>shit's way too easy

t. never done high m+ or mythic raiding

People really enjoyed Legion and Mist man, I wouldn't say retail is dead but they need to bring back fun class design. That's by far the most important bit.

mmos used to actually have communities. Not WoW, WoW never did. But wowkiddies saw older mmo players throwing the word around and started using it to feel legitimate or something

>tfw helping people with hogger

Attached: 1538430596006.jpg (234x215, 31K)

FTFY
Why are we now pretending MMOs where ever anything more than skinner boxes that were explicitly designed to make you waste as much time as possible doing inane tasks to secure your sub fee?
MMOs were literally the predecessor to all the shitty practices we see nowadays.

Attached: file.png (1291x543, 789K)

Even more proof that the videogame industry is nothing but 30 year old manchildren who just want to keep replaying the same games they played as a child instead of growing up and starting a family

Attached: 1565197310848.jpg (807x659, 37K)

>dumbfuck misses the point entirely and tries to argue with hard mode raids
Read the post again. It isn't about how difficult raiding content is you monkey.

>literally everything has become more predatory for the consumer

Truly is a clown world.

nice excuse shitter, you just want WoW in easy mode

>predatory business model
DUDE I LITERALLY CANT STOP MYSELF FROM SPENDING MONEY TO GET JPEGS OF ANIME GIRLS WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

>doubling down on being a mongoloid
Maybe you should work on mythic reading comprehension you cum-guzzling retard

Oh yeah, it brought 600 000 community members to the twitch.
Ingame everyone still fucking silently goes through quests and dungeons. And "LF tank" and "Inv" are the limit of community communication.

time has always been the enemy of man

You mean stuff like WoW? It has always been a predatory game and destroyed the internet with the wave of normalfags it attracted.

Why is Pewdiepie still playing that early 2010’s game for preschoolers instead of playing WoW Classic?

>tfw have made more friends just helping randoms in Classic than I have raiding on retail in years

It’s scary how night and day the two player bases are. My raiding group that still plays retail is FULL of zoomed that absolutely despise Classic and constantly talk shit about it. At least half of my raid team has jumped ship to Classic with more considering it, so all the benched clowns have gotten permanent raid spots. I put my two weeks notice in as well.

Attached: 9ACE350C-09EC-4B82-8A83-8938B063CF2A.jpg (1883x1512, 622K)

Predatory doesn't mesn you're forced to do it. It means the game systems and focus have been changed or adapted to a more monetized model instead of a purely ebtertainment one.
They want your money BEYOND selling you a product at the cost of makig the product worde.

>Classic is too grindy and hard.
Lolling @ ur life.
Go play fortnite zoomer.

What are you, a woman? Current generation relationships are incredibly toxic and get worse by the year. The caliber of women has plummeted and with it, marriage rates. Video games aren’t the problem, but a symptom of something larger.

What made classic or old runescape memorable was the community, not the game. The later is just an excuse for the former to be together.
You won't last long selling a multiplayer experience that doesn't focus in socialization or competition.

>WoW
>Having a community outside RPPVP

Attached: 74FE7B4A7A3B466F90F62F6463CFA237.png (250x244, 7K)

you realize wow was always a casual shitfest?
Look at this, someones already max level, how the fuck is that grindy? In actual old school mmos it would take months or even years of hardcore grinding every single day to reach the max level, if it even had a max level

Are you okay user? You appear to be having a stroke.
But to illustrate your point just look at how shitty levelling is in BfA ever since the paid boost became a thing - that's what this guy means by predatory.

>Its just a bunch of people doing this same hobby
So, a community?
Are you retarded? That is the literal definition of the word.
Community: a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.

Someone else managed to get themselves hospitalized in the same amount of time.

>Is WoW Classic literally the best thing to happen to gaming since... WoW?
>Zomg! It is LITERALLY so good! even though its been out for like 3 days, its the best thing to happen to gaming! classic! we're home bros!

Attached: soyi.png (293x172, 9K)

It's sad how people use the excuse of Yea Forums to be more sociable. There is nothing stopping people from being more sociable in any other venue. Yea Forums isn't some magic "makes everyone suddenly non-autistic" cure-all.

based

Attached: boomerwarrior.jpg (254x198, 8K)

>Just straight up lying about something because you aren't a fan of it.
Pathetic.

Um. It's literally what you would expect from a vanilla game. Outdated, boring old gameplay. Been watching my gf play it for a few days and all I can see her do is just fiddle with fucking add ons all day the same way in normalcraft and forget about the rest of the game. Once she's back in, most towns are already deserted or nobody is doing anything.

In classic socialization is practically mandatory to do most of the content both leveling and endgame.
Retail has no need to socialize beyond Mythic raiding. You can avoid any kind of communication with other players and still get fron lvl 1 to mythic +

>Classic is grinding, classic is annoying and has half the classes not fun or useless.
Everything is slower but way more meaningful and rewarding than compared to BFA.
>If you play warri, mage or lock in classic its okay but anything else is terrible.
>but anythin else is terrible
>terrible
Except for rogues. And shamans. And priests. And druids. And hunters. And warlocks. Paladins are the only actual boring class but people still enjoy it because the class fantasy is decently fleshed out.

>cast frostbolt until out of mana
>spam wand until out of combat
>drink
such complex and exciting gameplay

Nobody has time to spend 10 hours 5 days a week to get to endgame content.
Those that did in old games like EQ or Ultima, were teenagers who didn't have time constraints.
Gamers eventually got older, and needed games that accounted for that.
Thus the "Casual" MMO was born.

I played EQ back in 1999 when Verant ran it.
There is no way I would be able to do that shit nowadays.

Been playing a warlock and I've been having 10 times more fun that I've had in retail since wrath. I usually play alliance but in 2 years or however long it takes if blizz to decide if they're gonna do tbc servers I'm totally gonna jump ship to horde to play horde paladin with seal of blood.

Attached: chadhan gas.png (1280x720, 743K)

Nobody ever said that classic was complicated. It's incredibly simplistic. Its precisely the fact that it isnt an overconvoluted mess like BFA is that makes classic stand out.

Games like WoW aren't really about "gameplay" they're about everything around it. They're a kind of self-defined meaningful work. This fills in the gaps we have as people to an extent in modern society — consider this. A majority of people either believe their job is meaningless and nothing would change if they just stopped existing. Or they think it might be meaningless and nothing would change if their job stopped existing. (David Graeber - Bullshit Jobs and what we can do about them) MMO's like Classic give you something you do, that has meaning within it's own context when you log in and get that half a level.

>leveling
no, leveling solo was always the fastest way to level. People did not realize this initially and so when it launched at first people did the lower level instances and such, but after a while when people got a handle on the game they realized solo questgrinding was the fastest way to level and the lower level instances started not even being played.

This is actually what killed the community. MMO communities are built by forcing random people to group togeather to level. The more required this is, and the longer the levelnig takes, the stronger the community in the game.

By going against this, WoW killed mmo communities, and classic will not fix that because classic was already not good for mmo communities, the only reason some people might remember some form of community the first time around is that the first time around had mmo players who were used to forming communities and it was not totally conditioned out of them yet.

Nostalgia for classic is basically nostalgia for the things people did playing classic which they learned from other games and which classic was not designed for, and subsequently removed from the genre. Nostalgia for early WoW iss being nostalgic for the things that predate WoW which WoW started killing on day 1.

>wah have sex and make a family, stop enjoying things

>Nobody has time to spend 10 hours 5 days a week to get to endgame content.
I do
>Those that did in old games like EQ or Ultima, were teenagers who didn't have time constraints.
>Gamers eventually got older, and needed games that accounted for that.
you realize people are born every day, right?
Even if your argument is right, which it isnt since there were so many stories of people getting fired because they just stopped going to work to play more EQ, or people neglecting their children and having them starve todeath because they were playing EQ, etc, that proves adults were playing it.

>no way I would be able to do that shit nowadays
you were always a casual, and just didnt realize it :^)

>a game isn't about gameplay
really jogs the noggin

So you spend however many hours you have the chance to play to level with other people. You have to group up with people to do the hard quests which give best rewards, so you're not solo grinding all the way to 60 like people often meme. Only the very last stretch of leveling might get that way but you can do end game dungeons and start to collect BiS gear at early 50s so who cares. You feel a tangible sense of meaningful progression the entire time. It's better than BFA where literally anybody can get the best shit without even trying, so rewards feel like nothing; just meaningless and arbitrary RNG.

canuck cuck
a grim fate

>predatory business model
>doing everything you can to get customers isn't how business's are ran! only the greedy bad ones!

Attached: 1561355402223.jpg (490x490, 41K)

also, EQ was not about endgame content. It, and the older mmos before it, were about existing in the world and interacting with people. The main way you did this was through leveling with people. It was fairly laid back.
EQ is not blameless either. Lets not forget WoW is an EQ clone, and it copied some of the worst features of EQ. Switching from exp to gear based progression at some arbitrary point is not some inherent fundamental mechanic of the genre, it was invented and popularized by EQ. EQ started ruining the genre, and WoW complete it.

>send voidwalker in
>cast dots
>turn on wand attack
>alt tab to big titty streamer playing classic
might be some people call me a zoomer... might be I don't care.

Attached: please help.jpg (587x351, 45K)

Chik-fil-A
openly says fuck the gays and is closed on Sunday.

This is only true if your one and only goal is to make it to the top as fast as effective as possible
Most people never even got close to that but it dien't matter. The things they did were most of the time in groups or guilds, and a lot of those activities weren't related to doing content, but sporadic wars that happened on barrens, ganking or when 2 groups met each other at a dungeon. Then there were shenanigans and other stories that peopoe would encounter. And that's what gave vanilla such good acceleration.

During Vanilla and BC people talked about the stories that happened in WoW: a legendary or funny pkayer, a war, some drama, etc. And all were not preset by the game, but made by players. These stories, this uniqueness of experience from player to player atracted many new players, more casuals and Blizz tried to appeal to them, which on the long run made the former ones leave.
There are no stories to be have in retail or modern MMOs. Everything is controlled, everything is skippable or soloable. There's no reason to play MMOs because most of the time is just a SP game with a chat.

>maintenance during wetlands run

Attached: 1513339695821.png (908x595, 739K)

Attached: d49e01fd-9a48-4eda-8c44-4b0a3066d7e2.jpg (1080x1339, 303K)

Real zoomers have multiple monitors user.

>not spamming shadowbolts after dotting and using talented soul drain to regen the shit out of your mana
never. gunna. make. it.

>Sever coming down for maintainance
>Trying to leg it to the in
>guy says follow me boys
>we do
>wrong place
>he shouts SIKE! just as the server goes offline
Holy shit I didn't believe it, it's fucking real. There is actually something here.

Attached: 1514678607071.gif (224x233, 897K)

Holy cringe. You're a superautist

>what is induced addiction

>warlock doing the paladin pasta
half based

Attached: 1529899228680.jpg (990x553, 187K)

>Classic is okay but retail is still better.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

Just like we did in the good ol days

The issue, but also great thing, with EQ in its prime years was that the ability to solo was pretty heavily restricted to just a few classes, and then mostly in outdoor zones.

It meant the best way to level was generally by grouping up for the prime camping spots. Which then made it a social game where it felt like you really interacted with people on your server. But it also meant if you didn't have a big chunk of time to spend that day/evening, you wouldn't be able to invest the time into finding or forming a group and getting anything done.

The extreme danger of dungeons also made it so the dungeons were pretty much never explored or tackled by groups as a whole. A few dungeons had very well known specific camp spots, and nobody ever "delved" into the ones that weren't worth it.

How many people bothered with Permafrost outside of Vox and maybe an entrance group? Deep into Splitpaw Lair besides the couple camp spots fairly close to the entrance?

My ideal game would be a successor to EQ that did things mostly the same way, but gave a massive EXP boost to the dungeons, where the deeper you went the more EXP you got. Something like outdoor zones would be 50% EXP, dungeon entrances would be 100% and deep inside would be 500%.

Anyone else regret rolling paladin?
>subpar dps
>subpar tanking
>PUT ON THE DRESS
At least pvp might be fun but that phase fucking 3

Attached: 1556733744848.gif (275x275, 1.79M)

Put on the dress, but be a power bottom user

absolutely fucking dabbed on
i managed to hearth with like 10 seconds left on the servers going down, shoutout to the guy in barrens chat who reminded us of rested

is shockadin viable?

Lookin good Jokerd.

Autism doesn't mean antisocial, they can be more or less social then you.

>Starting a family
>World of Warcraft thread
You're in the wrong part of Azeroth.

There is no fucking community. Most people will leave soon. You have streamers who Blizzard does anything for and common people who get banned if they anger a streamer.

Went with a NElf Druid, any tips to make the most of it? Also should I just level up in kalimdor or head to Eastern Kingdoms ASAP?

This but unironically. That $14...plus tax, a month will kill my desire to spend money on new console releases, allowing me to save money for Black Friday deals.

Dunno, I'm still playing the superior game.

Attached: 46dc304251587b7c52c09f5c43e4b300.png (1024x545, 399K)

I genuinely laughed at that shit. It feels good to actually have interactions with people in a game that isn't matchmaking related horseshit.

>This is only true if your one and only goal is to make it to the top as fast as effective as possible
mmos are about obtaining power. There are various ways to do this in an mmo, but the most straightforward is becoming stronger (farming money, learning secrets about the game, gaining friends, etc, all simply increase your power).
A game is an objective and a set of rules. Sure, you dont technically have to play the game, you could buy a chess set just to look at the pieces if you wanted, but making arguments about the game based on these alternative things is simply meaningless, as it all becomes subjective then.

WoW was always just consumable content, even fundamentally. How do you level in older mmos? You grind a spawn over and over. Killing the same mobs untill you outlevel them. Repeatable content.
In WoW though? You do one off quests, you consume them for the exp bonus they give and move on.
And WoWs endgame? You raid for gear, once you have all the gear from that instance there is really no need to return. Its all consumable content. Early mmos were not consumable, The endgame of nexustk was infinite grinding, the endgame of lineage was pvp. You did not progress through these games in the way you progress through wow and its clones.

The population of world pvp in WoW was fairly low. Sure you had millions of people playing it you are bound to get some stories, but thats not the norm. I played on a pvp server right at launch, i think someone tried to gank me like 10 times. And WoWs pvp was always bad, if you wanted good pvp you played daoc or shadowbane or something.

Im not trying to claim modern WoW is better than classic, what im claiming is that modern WoW is simply the completion of the trends it started. If you want to get authentic mmo experience back you need to go further back than WoW. Even further back than EQ if you are going for a complete reset, since EQ started subverting things itself.

I can't wait to see all the "classic" ripoffs games will start to pull in the coming years i'm betting riot caves in for classic league.

>implying wow classic isn't already a ripoff of OSRS

No, classic is not grinding. You are supposed to play the game. Repeat, just play the fucking game. It's not like you are worse just because you stay level 15 for a little longer. No wonder you call it "grindy" when your only goal is to reach high level as fast as possible and presumably solo.

There is absolutely zero shame in being the best healer in the game. Warriors will literally drop to their knees to ask you to be in their battlegrounds premade

Attached: arthas keanu.png (900x506, 509K)

>I can't understand social pressures and dynamics: the post
You might be the real autist.

Evwerything thats wrong with video games, not just MMOs, in this post. Screencap needed.

Blizzard is going to fuck up retail even more, trying to make it more like classic now, but worse.

THATS WHY WE NEED TBCCCCCC

OSRS is a ripoff of classic everquest servers

imagine being this fucking mad about gang weed memes

some fucking autist u are. no lfg, means you have to COMMUNICATE. group and elite quests mean you HAVE TO communicate. hmm sure is the same. fucking retard

its so nice actually. The private servers i play on are so much less toxic now that all the classic fags left

yeah because they're completely fucking empty lmfao
its hard to be toxic when theres no one else to talk to

I made it to 25 and I can't really do this anymore. I wanted to escape the reality of my dad going through chemo but the soulwrenching grinding is killing me from the inside.

what's the fucking point you dingus, only ONE (1) person can be 1st to 60. how about talk to people, slow down, invent new reasons to do almost anything like helping guild mates 10 levels lower. i think all of us when we were 15 played a frost mage and figured out what the fuck kiting was. all worlds 1st has done is not get bored by it.

get a life

>toxic

Yes.
It's a white man game.
By the white man.
For the white man.

Attached: classic BULL.png (1135x486, 482K)

So the WoW killer is itself?

>Classic is okay but retail is still better.

Attached: 1562686820034.png (514x524, 170K)

wow is shit

No no, I think you missunderstood (or I explained myself wrongly). I agree and you'd be right with what you say. Wow Vanilla encouraged socialization, but the game wasn't really build around it, it was just a consequence of it's systems.
On a technical and mechanical level WoW was always wonky and outdated, my point was that these stories are what gave WoW fame, and as Blizz did their thing and streamlined things further the game lost the small player agency people had, to the point it became a different game, or the game Blizz alwsys wsnted it to be.
The only thing WoW trully did better than other MMOs was being accessible, and we all know how that ended on the long run.

I just wsnt more socialization and pkayer agency back. You don't need to worry about making a lot of content if you give players the tools to have fun.

Dorf hunter running around with a gun and a boar or bear as pet sounds max comfy

Durotar chat in benediction is straight magical, eat horde shit alliance feg

>what's the fucking point you dingus
There isnt one, which is why WoW was always a bad game.
Players respond to the game they are given, if players are doing something 'wrong' its not the players fault, its the games fault for being such that that 'wrong' thing is actually the right thing according to the games mechanics.

The entire worlds first trend is just another ilustration of how bad WoW is, doing things lost all meaning, for it to have meaning you needed to do it first.

Jokerdaddy

its going to lose half its playerbase once streamers stop playing and their zoomer following cant stream snipe them anymore. also when game runs out of things to do, player count will dwindle. look at OSRS after its first few months

Attached: qyAoJlsUw-gvUZ3wMnooRQ_diNolk0X2TTGKososL9w.png (1575x628, 120K)

i have never seen such a low bar for what counts as social interaction and community before.

vanilla took months to get a real community going, its way too early to tell if classic really is good.
for now it all just seems fake and people pretending to be a community because they heard vanilla was like this etc.

OSR has more players than RS3

>Wow Vanilla encouraged socialization
How? It did not encourage you to make friends, it encouraged you to level solo (group quests you could not solo were a waste of time, lower level instances were a waste of time).
By the time it did require you to group it was not for something as laid back and suited for simply making friends as leveling is, it was a more urgent environment where you had to consider a large number of peoples time and fights with considerably more consequences.

The way you build a community is you force people to simply exist around each other, the kinds of things they talk about and the little entertainments they create out of that is the foundation of the community.

The reason older mmos had community is people spent hours chatting while grinding with each other about any number of topics

I think classic is going to be bad for retail. Blizzard can now deviate further from the formula and just say fuck it, if they want to play a old style mmo they’ll just play classic

seething

no shit

> join classic
> go lo level area
> people on global chat arguing about and politics and shit
Kek

>People liking my game good, people liking other games bad

classic will be obviously dead/dying in 3 months. Fanboys will try to pass it off as the 'normal population drop'. Protip; population drops are not normal, all the actually good mmos experienced population growth for years, its just every single mmo released since ff11 has been garbage.
Retail is already dead.
WoW can finally die, though it wont fix anything, at least it will make me feel better.

A fair point, a few zones had active zone chat. But most zones did not.

also you are still divorced from people.
The cooporative team work of a group, where you execute simple tactics with people and succeed togeather help build bonds.

Its satisfying when you join a group and you all just start playing togeather and people know what to do. You accomplish things togeather. This ties people togeather in a meaningful way.

Shut the fuck up Greg wlias is a shit group, Dusty is better than you.

How's RoR doing these days, senpai?

Attached: (you).jpg (274x318, 22K)

you dont really get this in raids either, there are too many people. Raids are actually a way to simply create drama. You have a few important figures and a bunch of people just along for the ride.

In a proper mmo based around group leveling its you and a few other people. Each has a role, a job, and brings something apparent to the groups capabilities, not simply some more damage numbers. Each pull sees each person contributing in specific ways that everyone else can look at and appreciate. Each person becomes fully aware of each other persons capabilities and learns to expect things from them, predict their actions, depend on them. Trust them.

I was actually thinking, would the retail game fare better if there was a server reset so everyone starts over for new events akin to Path of Exile? In Classic you are seeing people everywhere and wanting to group up to do stuff, its fucking great, you simply cant do this in retail because everyone is massively separated by years of content that varies from person to person with what they have cleared, there is TOO MUCH shit to clear and everyone is spread out around the world and everyone has different goals to reach, it feels like you are playing a single player game outside of instances, so If every like 3 months or so they did a restart and a new event would that do anything for retail? Are people too attatched to their high level characters? Then why is classic doing alright when everyone started over from absoloutely nothing.
>no more heirloom gear, so people actually have to get decent gear levelling up and cant blitz through content
This fucking shit right here ruined leveling and made everything that wasnt level max content redundant, they couldnt even remove it at this point because autists are so attatched and dependent on it.

>compromise entire system in which game is founded, now entirely created to push you towards mtx as much as possible and games are no longer designed as a one time buy piece of entertainmemt
>dude stop cryin lol!
Just stop

It could work if it was optional, but I think you're underestimating how much people like hoard shit.

This is why i'm thinking of going back to EvE.

Yes in TBC as a blood elf, vanilla has shit tier class design

If you're complaining about the cost of something and not specifying that you're using fun money, you're being disingenuous. Might as well say the game cost 1,000,000, but haha joke's on you guys, I was using Zimbabwe dollars.

This. I know everyone is starry eyed but it won't last, people don't have the same patience anymore

mtx?

>reissue old game
>get excited

maybe for the first few days, it's back to ADHD zoomers in the 30-40s, warlocks complaining that they have to summon people and people asking why tanks why they aren't chain pulling 3 packs at a time

If you had some system of unlocks that carry over to other characters like aesthetics I would do it.

Could make it so the event is only doable in the reset servers, like you can continue playing in the main server, and every time an event ends your character is added to the main server where you can play as normal but not have access to events, in PoE the events spawn on the map and arent something you just jump into, you have to actually play through as normal. I just want to play with people but not have the incredibly limited world of Classic. I am already missing transmog and the remade models, everyone looks the same, its a non issue but its something I do definately miss.

No, the issue with retail is that the design philosophy behind its updates has been utter trash since around wotlk.
The only way to fix retail is to burn it all down like what happened with FF14 and start from scratch.

It is nice to see someone else that played MMOs before the MMO depression hit.

No idea how people like this shit, it's grindy and boring as hell and the combat is slow as dogshit with like a 2 button 'rotation'.

>This fucking shit right here ruined leveling and made everything that wasnt level max content redundant, they couldnt even remove it at this point because autists are so attatched and dependent on it.
LFR is the other big culprit. When you don't actually need to try or even communicate with other people to experience endgame content, it becomes meaningless. LFR giving epics that are better than the last raid tier also guts raid progression and makes only the newest patch the one worth working on raidwise since you can skip the other tiers with no effort.

This is pretty much a sign of a dying civilization. Large lack of innovation with a disincentive to try anything that breaks away from a routine formula. Populace at large going backwards in an attempt to enjoy themselves (why do you think so many boomers and gen y'ers are so keen on 80's wave media again?). And now we have goobers eating up a repackaging of a game that came out in the early 00's. I fear for the species.

Attached: 1559192748892.png (458x333, 126K)

Classic is like a mid-life crisis. People trying desperately to hold onto their younger years before they finally learn to accept where they are in life and move forward.

Yep pretty much just thinking back to Ragnarok Online: no quest only motivation was making your character stronger and partying, total control over stat allocation allowing for a ton of unique builds even if some were dumb as hell your char could truly be your own, grind for cards and cosmetic items, endgame was war of emperium basically guild siege pvp battles for control/defense of fortresses, I never played GW1.

WoW was literally the casual game at the time, yes Classic WoW was and still is casual as fuck compared to every mmo to come before it which makes the elitism of Classicfags pretty hilarious for anyone who played other MMOs at the time.

no because most retail players dont actually play the content, they play mount collector and dressup.
retarded weeb psued

Sometimes I'm still amazed by the absolute pseudo-intellectual nonsense some of you faggots spew.

Is there any way to make this game look less god awful? The landscapes look like fucking puke and my characters all look like orcs undergoing HRT

This.
Retards will screech that it's the perfect game though.

A game without blood elves is strictly superior.

You never played SWG, fuck off tard.

>general chat
Sure, 15-old memes and shitting on retail is magical alright.

This boomer nostalgia wanking really needs to stop. Move on you old fucks. Holding unto your teen years ain't gonna make you younger.

You just want to play pen and paper rpg user

Nah

I never even understood why people wanted to play WoW back then because the ugly as fuck cartooney style was barf.

Imagine Spengler seeing this shit. You have grown men unironically saying they need an online video game to force them to socialize. The west is dead.

>Classic with an updated engine with modern graphics.
They can do it, but they wont. Every time I see something to do with WoW I am still amazed that new armour is literally just a texture over the base model, where only things like helmets and pauldrons are actually a new model.

No, you fucking shill.

Good i hope they bring back classic ff11. Or a reboot with the same mechanics

>whig history
big cringe bro

I really don't understand why Blizz don't just make WoW 2 at this point, WoW is never coming back to most newcomers it comes off as very dated in visuals, they've done alot to make it look good for a game of such age but you can only really do so much on that front at this point.

source?

new artstyle is literally a downgrade retard. More polygons=/=better

Correct.
Game's pretty shit though even if it's better than retail.

>classics success will inspire more mmo
Nah. Genre is burnt the fuck out. Maybe some small indie attempts might be made but AAA won't touch the genre after the litany of failures over the last fifteen years.
Still waiting to see if pantheon will be worth playing. Eyeballing ashes of creation but can't say I have much hope for it.
There's no way classics success will have much success on influencing changes with retail unless they cut the majority of the dev team. Maybe we get a progression server at some point but that's all I see happening out of this.

Attached: 1557674210482.jpg (934x960, 67K)

you're a dumdum

the way things were in classic WoW were much more conducive to the social aspect of an MMO, but the thing this re-release of classic WoW won't be able to capture is the very different nature of online gaming in the early 2000's. the internet seemed like a much simpler and innocent place then, but that's probably because it's merely a reflection of real life - which has also gotten worse.

Kinda like this. Struggle and effort brings people together. The more easy- I mean accesible something becomes the more people turn into antisocial robots who only care about what's the next fix they can get in their lifes. You know, just like real life in 2019.

sadly it has the same problem game originally had in a sense you need balanced and numerous population for rvr to work as intended. even back in the day chaos was way more populated.

Worst fucking shit to ever happen to the mmorpg genre.

imagine being so poor you can't even afford this

>i want game graphic to stay the same forever

The mind of a Blizzdrone