Playing Xenoverse for the first time

Playing Xenoverse for the first time.
I am not an RPG player so I'm not used to see so many numbers in my games. I'm having a good time but I need some advices and tips please

Attached: 91OW0IO0yGL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 44K)

I went through ignoring spike damage most of the time so you should be fine.

-Swap your player character often, Shulk is great but playing as him can get very boring.
-Try out different teams once your party has a few members, any team comp can work if you build on their strengths.
-Don't fall into the trap of believing your healer is necessary. She is useful for certain enemies but in the long run she just slows down the game significantly, since she has almost no damage output. Also you get other characters with healing moves which work just as well.
-If you do every single sidequest before leaving an area, you will be overlevelled. Generally all sidequests can be left alone (unless they have a clock sign next to them) until you need the exp.
-Heart to hearts can lower affinity levels if you pick the wrong options, so to be safe you should save before doing them.

>Heart to hearts can lower affinity levels if you pick the wrong options, so to be safe you should save before doing them.
What is this?

Throughout the game you'll see pic related floating somewhere, once you have the right characters, and have progressed far enough in the story, you can go to them to see a small talk between two of your party members. Usually they'll speak about what's happened on their journey or their past, or it could just be a discussion about the area they're in.
In each one you will have two points where you will have to choose a dialogue option, which lead to different responses. If you picked one the other character likes, you'll get affinity up, and the reverse if you pick the wrong one. They're nearly always easy to tell which is the right one but some of them throw curve balls at you.
Also, depending on the choice, the conversation can go in a completely different direction.

Attached: 1926271-hearttohearticon_15526_.jpg (344x240, 11K)

Until dragon

Xenoverse is a Dragon Ball Z game.

The correct term you seek is probably Xeno universe.

>the one where the girls go skinning dipping in the lake and hope the guys aren't looking.

Once you acquire a rare blade you should choose the release option on them. This will give you two random rare blades.

>-If you do every single sidequest before leaving an area, you will be overlevelled. Generally all sidequests can be left alone (unless they have a clock sign next to them) until you need the exp.

As someone who has played the game, how are you supposed to know how soon a time quest will expire when it's Alcamoth?

The game is crazy balanced so you can run just about any team you want and still do fine. Except for letting Shulk and Mil being played by the AI. The AI just sucks at using those 2 but I've seen miracle happen.

The most important thing to know is that success in combat is very based on your level. You will literally miss all your attacks if you are 5 levels below the enemy.

IIrc, all timed sidequests in Alcamoth go away after the events of Mechonis Core, the timed quests in Refugee Camp go away when you start the reconstruction of Colony 6.
Exceptions are ones which are quests where you choose one or the other, like giving the love potion to the girl or the guy in Colony 9.

But like, aren't there some that go away before Mechonis Core?

I didn't fight the super boss but I sorta ignored the dragon before the final boss.

ignored the spike damage I mean

As far as I can remember there aren't. Maybe there are some outliers but like I said, they usually will only go after that event.

It's normal to start a new game + just so I can beat the really powerful enemies yeah? I was like only level 80 when I reached the end.

>use agility gems always to counter the shitty level scaling
>use arts haste and critical up gems to reach full the chain attack meter immediately
>keeping enemies in topple is all the battle system has to it so just apply topple arts in chain attack and keep doing the same thing over and over with Topple up gems
That's about as far as the games mediocre combat system goes

xenoblade's gameplay is fucking trash

Also, how do those crystal machines work?

no u

Xenoblade's newgame + felt kind of pointless and soulless. You keep your levels so you steamroll everything in a split second. Quest progress resets so unless you skipped them on the first run, have fun doing hundreds of fetch quests that give rewards that mean very little to you. The fun of doing sidequest on the first run was intense because a lot of quests had you sneaking around trying to dodge really powerful enemies just to get items or go somewhere. Newgame + just kills any of that fun. I wish they would scale enemies or something.

That is good to know

If they ever remake the original Xenoblade, I hope they implement 2's NG+ system, where you can just adjust your level to whatever you want. It wasn't perfect, but at least it brought back a little bit of the challenge.

This

I'm plugging any holes in my Wii collection (not going for a complete set, just good games). Do I need to waggle alot to play this game? Can I use the Classic Controller or any of that?

Motion control is not needed at all.

I am playing it with classic gamepad

There aren't any motion controls at all.

No wagglin necessary, tilt controls are non-existant and the game even came packed with classic controllers since that's how they intended you to play it.

Also there's an achievement for making a heart to heart go as badly as possible. You should make it the one with Shulk and Fiora since they already have really high affinity if you want to unlock it.

Shit thanks! Maybe I'll try it.

Xenoblade is great, hope anyone here playing it for the first time enjoys it.

Attached: xenoblade_love_triangle.png (1175x169, 32K)