>OoT was long surpassed XDDD

It wasn't surpassed by any game, you retarded zoomer.

The compact world, the pacing of it, the dungeons, the music and how it's even integrated in the gameplay as well as the time travel and how, despite the epic substructure, it never takes itself too seriously and remains very gamey is something todays devs could never even dream of.

Video games are degenerating, you idiot, just like art in general and even IQ is.
youtube.com/watch?v=P18IePATI98

Attached: comfy as FUCK.jpg (1595x929, 556K)

LOL imagine being sucking as much cock as this OP

ZOOM, ZOOM

Dark Souls is better in every way than this kid shit.

Where can I play this hidden gem?

>being so mad you start a whole new thread
kek

OoT is barely a game though. It's brainless raildroading cinematic shite.

If you want to play real games, play the first three Zeldas.

>zoomer zoomer zoomer zoomer
Jealous of someone's youth, are we?

Youth is wasted on the young. Why I should I have to grow old and die while you should be allowed to live?

Attached: Washizu-sama.png (674x721, 612K)

zelda 1 is barely even a game, it's more like a live ARG to talk to your friends about which identical looking walls you have to bomb to progress in the game

Dude even MM is better

seething

>game actually has secrets that are secrets, i.e. aren't obviously telegraphed
>that's somehow bad

Dark Souls literally has nothing what he mentions in the OP, it barely even has music, let alone actual dungeons or puzzle solving or any sense of verticality besides climbing laddrs. It's a glorified brawler with a high difficulty.

Are you an idiot?

Attached: souls 1 shit.webm (1280x720, 2M)

Not at all, MM is flawed as fuck and feels rushed, despite reusing 99% of OoT's assets. Just look at those retarded enemy designs or how bad the pacing is. The dungeons, padding it out with shitty sidequests, the broken economy system you can way too easily abuse, shit bosses, shit dungeons. How can you even defend the number of times you have to play the duplication song in the final dungeon with the same fucking sequence over and over again? it's so horrible, fuck.

The whole "haha, we reset your whole progress XD" mechanic is also retarded and extremely anti-video game.

it is bad when you have to know shit that there is no way of knowing unless you bought nintendo power to progress in the game

zelda 1 was basically a ploy to sell nintendo power, and to make snot eating kids talk about the game all day on school

you have absolute shit taste and nostalgia goggles. zelda 2 however is a great game, where you actually get the hints you need to progress. fuck you nigger.

>OoT isn't a game
>this 2D MS Paint thing is, though
Mental illness.

Attached: e for everyone.jpg (2500x2972, 2.53M)

>puzzle solving
>OoT
those barely count as puzzles
OoT is a testament to how badly this industry is trapped in nostalgia and childish impressions. This game has been canonised when there's nothing actually that good about it

Don't pretend you played them son. There are obtuse aspects to the game, yes, but they're often hinted at and don't detract from the core of the game, which is very fun
>Tries to prove me wrong by posting cinematic screenshots
Face it, you like pretty looking cinematic things, not games. No one in their right minds would think OoT was as challenging or fun as a game than the first three Zeldas.

>those barely count as puzzles
Compared to other games, they do. Dungeons in 99% of games are literally just barren, linear corridors. See Witcher 3, Skyrim, Dragon Quest, Tales of, Xenoblade, etc.

And Zelda puzzles are the best form of puzzles in games because they actually make use of the medium video game. Most games have puzzles you could literally do with pen and paper, see all the Witcher puzzles, when some NPC asks you a question or some shit. Only Majoras Mask had something similarly bad in the mini dungeon with the talking zombies.

Yeah, now go play your MS Paint thing, which surely has more gameplay and level design than OoT.

Attached: ''''complex'''' non-zelda dungeons 2.jpg (2608x1292, 620K)

Zelda is red pilled that's why zoomers get triggered by it
Dilate

Attached: zelda redpotioned final.jpg (3141x5039, 3.95M)

Play an actual puzzle game and weep at those shit-tier things you call "puzzles" in OoT, which unlike the previous Zeldas have entire dedicated rooms for them. Puzzle solving was a very minor aspect of ALttP, OoT actually made them the core of the game
>MS Paint
ALttP is a better looking game that OoT though. Zelda 1 and 2 aren't gorgeous but who cares when all that is an abstraction and the games themselves are very fun?

I replayed it recently and loved it but fuck some moments that might be impossible without checking internet. Like that corner where you have to put a bomb in the spirit temple. There's literally nothing that tells you can explode this corner.

What corner? Or do you mean shadow temple, since that one has a bunch of "piles" that are bomb-able for items similar to the bottom of the well.
In that case the pile is actually visibly distinguished enough to hint at it being bomb-able.
Either way, I never needed walkthroughs for those temples myself.

You're not wrong about dungeons. It annoys me when people call games like Okami "Zelda clones" when their "dungeons" are basically glorified obstacle courses. Even Darksiders, which is by far the closest to Zelda conventions, only gives the illusion of complexity, when you're finished with a dungeon the map looks impressive but your entire route through it was 100% linear.

The reality is that no game has actually properly copied Zelda's dungeon design. That's not to say that Zelda itself can't improve on its dungeon design, there's near limitless potential, but other franchises aren't even close.

>Don't pretend you played them son. There are obtuse aspects to the game, yes, but they're often hinted at and don't detract from the core of the game, which is very fun
lmao youre the one who havent played them. i bet you used a guide if you played zelda one you lying nigger

>and even IQ is
Isn't everyone getting smarter?

True and based. A game as unique and soulful as OoT is pearls before the sow these days, though. Don't even read the degenerate underage comments ITT.

lol, no. It's the opposite. Mainly due to the fact whites and Japs barely breed whereas migrants have like eight children per woman. But even whites get slightly dumber.

Don't Google it, though, a lot of (((articles))) that want to link to the wildest shit, just trying to get their propaganda out.

>HURR, IT'S BECAUSE OF CLIMATE CHANGE
>IT'S BECAUSE OF PATRIARCHY

Not kidding.

Zelda 1 is inferior to Ys. It's too obtuse to be very enjoyable without a guide.

Zelda is an action adventure and not a puzzle game, though, it just has puzzles and they're good enough for what they are supposed to be. Most action adventures don't have anything half as good.

That's like telling people to go play fighting games when they play a game that has a combat system among many, many other things.

>Zelda is an action adventure and not a puzzle game, though, it just has puzzles and they're good enough for what they are supposed to be
maybe if you still have the brain of a 10 year old

I didn't say the puzzles were hard, did I? They are just supposed to be solved quickly and give you a slight sense of reward, one by one, whichi s what they do better than most games.

Tell me other ARPGs with dungeons and puzzles so much better than Zelda's, though, go ahead, smart boy.

Attached: best dungeon.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

Shut the fuck up you fucking millenial retard
I tried OOT the other day and it's literaly boring as fuck.
The 90s were full of good games that still hold up, OOT isn't one of them

If you just want some light obstacles, Prince of Persia did it better than Zelda.

>The 90s were full of good games that still hold up, OOT isn't one of them
Since you clearly weren't alive in the 90s, maybe play Tomb Raider or fucking King's Field if you want to see how ahead of its time OoT really was and why devs literally still analyze it to this day to find out what makes a good game.

lol

My girlfriend played it for the first time and loved it.

>user Link is so cool. He reminds me a lot of you.
>Does that make you Zelda?
>Uh, I think I'd be some random village girl that you sweep off her feet.

She has red hair too, lol.

I'm not saying it wasn't ahead of its time or even revolutionary, I don't deny that
All I'm saying it's that it is not an enjoyable game according to modern standards because the areas it revolutionized in got long surpassed

Reminder that all the early portable Zeldas fistfuck OOT.

PoP has a better combat system than any Zelda game, fun platforming and a few not too complex puzzles. It also doesn't have a generic fantasy setting.
It's obviously a better action adventure game than Zelda.

That's kind of disingenuous though. LA/OOA/OOS are the stealth best games in the entire series.

I'd say OOT is great because it's the GOAT to everyone, regardless of skill level or experience with games. Obviously BOTW has a better open world and MM has the transformations, but OOT set the standard for a reason.

youre absolutely deluded

This. People who think OOT is the best game ever are sonyfags in disguise. It's a cinematic "game" with extreme handholding and boring, over the shoulder "combat".

>cinematic shit
Ok here’s how I know you’re a projecting snoyboy.

OoT was surpassed the very next year by Soul Reaver.
Better puzzles, better dungeons, better story, better worldbuilding

>over the shoulder "combat"
Too lazy to even look up gameplay, sad.

Attached: OoT combat.webm (640x480, 2.88M)

user there's the best and that's it. There's no "Well, those games are the real best, but THIS GAME deserves to be called the best anyway".
It's literally participation trophy culture. Shit's ridiculous.

you both sound like invalids.

>devs literally still analyze it to this day to find out what makes a good game.
Cite examples.

Agree. The music and pacing alone make it near perfect. Also the first game in my memory that did semi open world with mountable animals and shit. And best fishing

no it's not you fucking retard. Dark Souls is the real kid shit because kids love "dark and mature" stuff because they want to feel more mature. They don't like "kid shit". This "kid shit" is aimed at a mature audience because it doesn't tries hard to be dark and edgy. That's why nintendo games are loved by real men and only edgy teens play snoy games.

nah man OOT was always pretty average

>replying to an old thread where he probably got BTFO hard
>subject
>with a memearrow
>XDDD
>nintendo kiddie shit
boy am I laffin at this OP
kys faggot zoomer newfag

Based zoomer. It's hard to even express in words how much better and how ahead of its time it was compared to most 90s action adventures and even early 2000s. Hell, Kingdom Hearts on PS2 had worse gameplay and camera and not even a proper z tareting.

>This one mediocre game didn't do the thing as well as my good game
The only good KH game is KH2 and it knucklefucks OoT's gameplay up to the palm.

The three previous Zelda games before it were better
>b-but for an early 3D game it was good
don't care

lol dude I'm not a zoomer, I just think 3d zelda is average.
ALTTP and Minish Cap are better games

alright cry about it more bitch

Ocarina of Time was always just a knock off of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon which uses the exact same 3D formula BEFORE Ocarina of Time was even released. So long in fact that it gave Nintendo time to copy that formula and apply it to their own game.