Don't know what to expect, loved the fuck out of Max Payne 2 and thought Alan Wake was ok

>Don't know what to expect, loved the fuck out of Max Payne 2 and thought Alan Wake was ok

>Start playing

>Realise the game is entirely metroidvania with a connected massive world map
>L1 to block
>R1, R2 to attack
>Checkpoints that you can rest at and level up skills at, where you hold out your hand to control them

>tfw realised this is Jedi Payne Souls: Academy

>Levitating in the air catching rockets and sending them back while air strafing and mind controlling enemies
>Lifting up the very fucking concrete your standing on to make a shield

what went so FUCKING RIGHT holy SHIT Sekiro dethroned as game of the year

Attached: control-art.jpg (1280x800, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

agreed, but this thread won't do well here user, steamthots are mad so no matter how good the game is, it's shit because of a squarish jaw and fatman gabe not taking his 30 percent of it

Yes, based game shame I had to pirate it

>3 posts
>2 IPs
actual samefagging

Attached: image.png (78x19, 928)

Tim paid for your copy mate.

>metroidvania
Are you like legit retarded? Serious question

>the panocticon has extra floors above 5
>try to reach floor 6
>its actually unreachable and invisible wall cucks me
also where the fuck is the traffic light for the langston's runaways mission?

Attached: 1537385906405.jpg (1000x989, 101K)

The map system sucks, it doesn't mark anything so now I have level 5 access but have no idea where any of the locked doors I've passed before are.

And they didn't do enough with the setting, most of the SCPs are really cookie cutter outside of a few cool ones.

What's wrong nigger?

It hurts that all the discussion about this is going to be derailed because of Epic. I hope it gets some proper discussion next year when it comes out on Steam unless everyone just prates it by then like I did
It's a pretty good game. I was pleasantly surprised with how smooth it is and I'm enjoying this fully 3D enviroment metroidvania gameplay.
It may be because I was expecting the game to be mediocre at best and hold my attention for one afternoon but it turned out much better.

Attached: thanks tim.png (696x493, 335K)

Attached: remedy.jpg (510x1075, 143K)

What message is this picture trying to convey?

Wow, you have to shoot bad guys in a shooter?
Mindblowing

god damn the anchor boss is literally artificial difficulty
>"hehe, have fun fighting with these regular mobs and try not to fall off the map, and remember to keep tabs on the boss at the same time xd"

>first person shooter
>shoot people
I'm confused, is this just bait?

Attached: what-you-say-whiteboi.jpg (720x540, 60K)

The environment damage is so fucking cool. There is something very satisfying on a visceral level about seeing the room you were just fighting in completely wrecked.

In Alan Wake the enemies didn't have guns, they used melee weapons like hatchets, knives and axes. Fuck off dumb nigger.

white people invented guns, they get to play with them(don't give me that chinese fire lance shit)

Any tips for farming whatever those points you collect to upgrade weapons to get more slots?
Wanna upgrade my Charge weapon but I'm like 20k short.

fuk u gwailo

interconnected map doesn't make a metroidvania, or dark souls 1 would be one
it needs to gate the access to said areas behind abilities for one

I'm glad tim paid for my copy, his money was well spent

The cell where you found the TV

>Sekiro dethroned
It's not like you'd need much to dethrone that from anywhere, sounds like you have shit taste OP, therefore your entire opinion has been discarded.

Attached: 1565676941056.jpg (336x460, 30K)

this game is so ineffective in what its trying to do
its going full bizarre/weird right away instead of being gradual, which lessens the effect of the narrative its trying to tell
its honestly kinda boring after the halfway point and the map system is not that good

>sekiro bad
>cuckboys pic

Never said it was bad, it's just nowhere near any kind of throne, it's the worst From's game in the last 10 years. It's like those normalfaggots yelling "my god borderlands 2 GOTY" "oh my god Persona 5 GOTY", sure, like what you want, but don't expect someone to take your shit opinion seriously.

what did he mean by this?

Dark Souls 1 is a metroidvania, though.

But control does that

It's an entirely closed large map that is completely connected and you need abilities to get access to other areas. But you can actually use your smarts and physics to cheat your way into places.

How well does the game handle sequence-breaking? Anyone making a metroidvania today would have to be aware of how prevalent that aspect is to in the genre.

>the game is so shit an unpopular that OP need to start a fanbase war just so people talked about his shit game
This is sad.

>L1 to block
>R1, R2 to attack

what the fuck are you talking about? Q is block and left/middle click are attack, you dumb faggot

>mouse and keyboard

ew, you move your character around like 4 directions like an atari, this is 2019 we have analog sticks , you know, fluid movement, guy

>any of these being first person
Yikies

>sekiro dethroned
>cheap mgr knock off without blade mode, fun setting and music
No wonder you like shit like Control

>mgr

what the fuck are you babbling about, this game has nothing in common wi-

>music

oh, right, a zoomer. MGR's cringey weebshit music was terrible and I had to mute it

I'm convinced we truly are in the shittest timeline.

Remedy puts out the best tps since the first Max Payne and Yea Forums slurps up the cum of WoW being re released instead. Just like how Yea Forums is basically a kpop board now and Yea Forums has game of thrones and capeshit threads

People born after 1990 are a cancer on the planet

the hour long IGN interview with sam lake mentioned that the director of control (mikael something) is a big fan of dark souls and that both he and sam were consciously trying to go all out with Control without thinking too hard about typical player handholding. Its also why the game gets SO weird so fast that most people will be extremely confused for the first few hours and only gradually start to pick up any of the pieces

>nothing in common
>heavy rely on block/parry mechanic
Die, fromshit
>cringey
>weebshit
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

but MGRR is babbys first hack and slash where you can literally mash light attacks forever and flick the stick forward to also parry attacks as they come? Sekiro actually forces you to time the parries and react to specific timings and perilous attacks

>block/parry

What the fuck are you talking about, Control doesn't have a parry mechanic, the block is a shield that you hold up. You fly in the air and air dodge and shoot guns. You only have 1 melee "push" attack. It literally is nothing like MGR you fucking retard do you even know what games this thread is about?

>forces you time the parries
>l1 spam to win
Que
>react to specific timings
>spam O forward to mikiri counter
And he says about mashing light attack in mgr

Attached: brainlet.jpg (720x736, 32K)

Fucking degenerate can't even read properly

Thanks for confirming youve never even played sekiro, or maybe you tried and actually couldnt beat the tutorial or something because youre a literally retarded liar. ""spamming"" anything in sekiro is impossible if you want to live since unlike casual dogshit like MGRR the parry isnt context sensitive that bamham magnets you to incoming animations as they come, you either time sekiros parry right or you dont and if you dont you get hit during the recovery

>it's the worst From's game in the last 10 years
This is the dubest shit I've read today. Congratulations!

>couldnt beat tutorial
Beat shitty final boss, you were saying
>parry right
>l1 l1 l1
Fromshit everyone

>This is the dubest shit I've read today. Congratulations!
This is the dumbest shit I've read today. Congratulations!

Attached: 7ac58504eb7fea227dced93252bf6ebf.png (520x452, 379K)