Just the best TPS in recent years

just the best TPS in recent years
and the best looking game this gen

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
youtu.be/X6OUgh9W8a4
youtube.com/watch?v=k0QsHKH77MI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>best TPS
What TPS have even come out these past years?

Hellö my fellöw finnish shill.

I preferred the gamepay when it came out in 2004

Attached: control.jpg (800x576, 121K)

>nuRemedy
>womyn
>epic chink store
>ps4 exclusive content
>good
Yea nah.

I love this game because it makes consoles cry.

it has a lot of cool object physics but it looks kind of bland at that same time. nothing really stands out

have fun

Started playing today

Why was I not informed this is LITERALLY a metroidvania?

Infact it shares alot of shit with dark souls (yes), even the way you hold out your hand to "light" the "bonfires".

It's like Remedy read my fucking childhood mind and gave me the Jedi Academy + Max Payne fusion I always wanted.

The Bureau is so fucking comfy holy shit just got to the Panopticon and unlocked the levitate ability, game is now LITERALLY TOO FUN

Thanks for the free copy, Tim. But seriously, it's fun and I'll buy it when it's on a non-shit store.

>oh no, Gayben doesn't get his 30%, game must be shit

Steam needed the competition years ago. Epic Games do way more for PC anyway, they built and released a free fucking games engine as well as donate to a free software (blender) and have literally done nothing but good for gaming unlike Valve who forced people to install Steam just for their ONE FUCKING GAME back in 2004 and everyone was their drone ever since.

Epic did nothing wrong, Valve were the scumbags who created a monopoly they were abusing, all the while not making games anymore, or a decent engine. They were soaking in money from everyone elses games and doing FUCK ALL.

reddit spacing and shilling go hand in hand huh

The writing and the setting is great but Christ Almighty the combat bores me out of my fucking mind.

I'd rather stand idly reading all the shit they throw at me instead of having to trudge through the action.

What the fuck? How can you literally not have fun levitating and throwing dudes at other dudes what the fuck while air dodging

please tell me what tps has better combat

I wonder if you think this is actually true. Maybe you should play the games you fumble to review.

Replay it now.
>Easy mode: install HD patch
>Hard mode: try to genuinely enjoy a bad game

Dude, so much fucking this! I wish this game didn't have all the power stuff and would play exactly like all the other thousands of TPS from the last 10 years. How fucking dare they, doing something similar that one game did in 2004? FUCK YOU SAM LAKE!!! YOU HACK!!

Attached: CNTRL59.jpg (1846x2160, 1.95M)

Fuck off, bugman

Attached: Winnie the Pooh.jpg (534x572, 29K)

Uncharted

based
based
based
cringe
cringe
double cringe
cringe, also saints row has better combat
cringe
trying way too hard, cringe
fucking CRINGE

its not that good and runs like shit even on a gtx 1080

>and have literally done nothing but good for gaming unlike Valve who forced people to install Steam just for their ONE FUCKING GAME back in 2004
>one game
>their own game
user, EGS makes you use their launcher to buy and install multiple games, and they don't even develop/publish them. Moreover, they don't let them go to gog too.
>monopoly
But user, their "monopoly" is not abused and exists solely because the only good alternative is gog which hates drm, which is why there rarely are big releases.

Where does the Tiannamen Massacre of 1989 play into this?

Who the fuck cares about TPSs? The point of this game are the powers because god knows the actual gun mechanics in this game are shallow trash. They couldn't even be bothered to give you other guns because MUH SINGULAR MODDABLE SERVICE WEAPON. Oh wow? You can make it charge? A flimsy "shotgun"? A machinegun? Is that it?

And the powers? Oh boy oh boy oh boy. It sure is fun doing the same two things over and over again against the same fucking bland shootie mooks over and over again. And the upgrades? Holy shit generic +% shit? Fucking amazing.

Don't make me laugh. I'll praise Remedy where they're good at but the gameplay in this is serviceable at best.

>old good new bad
kys boomer

It's obvious shitpoosting but it still hurts

This game made me finally realize my gtx 970 2012 computer is now old.

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

Shill you don't have to be so mad that you guys copied gameplay that aged like milk without doing anything to improve on it. The game is all about hte paranormal and supernatural but all it has is dash and telekenesis. Why not some shit like
>Space time bending shield that absorbs bullets with one button and when you use it on an enemy the bullet materialize behind them
>Turn into a gas cloud to avoid bullets breifly. If done near an enemy with his helmet blown off you enter his body and make them implode
>Become an enemy's shadow which gives you control over them
>Vines covered in thorns crawl from your feet to seek out enemies and distract them while wrapping around them
>Some enemies turn into ghosts/spirits when killed which then require a different mode on your transforming gun to kill
>Create a time accelerating trap on the floor that causes enemies to age and essentially mummify as they pass through it

These are of the top of my head and none of them are really original effects, but presentation is what matters here. All I see is telekenesis and shoot, sometimes dash. Its dull and has been done over and over. This isn't even mentioning the AWFUL dialog, the potato faces or the dull story

I beat it today. I enjoyed it a lot, ending was whatever but the journey was excellent. It's a shame it lacked creativity in the gun/ modding department but what can you really expect from a western dev studio. Gonna finish off the extra shit today.

You don't even have to go that wild. In fact, it would have been almost forgivable that the tools the game gives you were so uninspired if they at least gave you more interesting enemies to fight.

Like seriously I can't believe this is an "SCP" game but they barely used the potential of the setting to supplement the gameplay.

Like I said, I really wish this would have been more like Uncharted or Gears, we don't have nearly enough of those.

Attached: contrl.webm (1100x680, 2.83M)

Please delete this pre-rendered sequence.

>has been done over and over.
everything has been done already. doesnt mean you cant enjoy those things.

Attached: 8w4Lc-WdyEJftaVDBjJ9_abI0xisKER8GMai1EIVajI.jpg (1024x535, 51K)

I have stopped the main quest to tackle a shitload of side quests since i feel im close to the end of the game.

I just reached the subway station and the turntable , how far am i from the end?

>Float and telekinesis
>More float and TK
So where's the fun supposed to be? Instead of chest high walls its nudoom played with noclip enabled and set to x0.4 speed and a slower weapon, AKA telekinesis

I can't find it on the Steam store

Its in a store that gives remedy a bigger cut, isnt that great.

Maybe by then they will actually have it running better with a more satisfying ending.

>tranny walking sim
>good

Attached: 1562670085388.jpg (483x589, 78K)

Attached: Apply Yourself.jpg (625x626, 31K)

>Epic Games do way more for PC anyway
agreed, saved me 60 bucks and I still got to play it cause Tim bought my copy for me hes an incredible guy for sure

Nah, the game just runs like ass with a lot of options you can't turn off.

only played the first 2 hours so far and im just confused so far.
Dont get me wrong, i love a good mystery but so far it felt more frustrating than intriguing.

what even are you saying right now

Like I said.. I really wish I could hide behind walls or I'd have some scripted "oh no youre about fall down" platforming sections. Now those are fresh and not overdone unlike telekinesis which is in EVERY game.

RE2 Remake on Hard/Hardcore is a pretty fun TPS desu.

Pretty close

>Its in a store that gives 505 games a bigger cut, isnt that great.
ftfy

>this asset swapping

Attached: Control 0.0.269.9979 (FINAL_release) 2019-08-30 17-51-16.webm (1280x720, 2.55M)

literally unplayable

The LOD setting barely effects fps, you nigger

The games dont play anything alike though you edgy tryhard poser.

im pirating it now, I actually didnt even know it was on the Epic Yohoho list. I'm just poor as fuck right now

>nudoom
Oh wait you are the who still plays doomwads

Attached: v.webm (960x540, 2.32M)

that's LOD on high. This game is one of the weirdest games i've ever played on PC. it uses fuck all CPU literally less than 30% on my quad core, has insane loading times and instantaneous fast travel but then has dumb LOD distance even at the highest setting like that.

Attached: Control 0.0.269.9979 (FINAL_release) 2019-08-31 08-10-32.webm (1280x720, 2.38M)

doesnt look like that to me

I thought I'd have a bad time with the 970, but on medium I get consistent 60fps with some spikes to 90. Game still looks good, graphics on high just start making a big difference if you have a rtx card.

Fair enough. I never noticed on larger objects but sometimes after playing for a time it would take longer to load in higher res textures. I think GPUs are being under utilized as well because mine never got hot during the entire time I played.

Been thinking of picking this up
My good friend Tim sweeny says he can get me a free copy

This looks like fucking trash, just add explosions and you have drooling retards thinking it looks so epic.

Go ahead, lad. This one's on me.

this thing's probably going to attain cult classic status ala mirror's edge.

it's the best thing remedy's done since the first max payne game.

the game itself is good but there are quite a few bugs and weird issues like the ones i mentioned.

> I think GPUs are being under utilized as well because mine never got hot during the entire time I played.
same. there's a weird fps cap during gameplay for me which limits my fps at 70 and as a result my GPU is only at like 80% utilisation. the fps cap isn't there if i use borderless windowed or when i'm in menus though so it's weird.

Attached: Control 0.0.269.9979 (FINAL_release) 2019-08-31 07-00-10.webm (1280x720, 1.51M)

weird seeing backface culling in a shipped game.
did that object come off as debris?

It's like someone finally made a videogame all about the non lightsabre combat in Outcast 2, where you'd force push fuckers while shooting them in the dick

Fucking love it so far and I'm not even up to the shield or levitate abilities which seem like they turn the game up to 11

Most likely. There is a ton of shit that gets wonky with all the debris/physics flying everywhere.

are you retarded? Single sided geometry is almost universal in all games, it's double sided geometry that is incredibly expensive and rare and only really used on flat alpha planes

>did that object come off as debris?
nope it was just there in the middle of the room when i entered one of the safe rooms to do a mission in there. there wasn't anything thrown about or anything.

Am I supposed to be able to get behind that iron fence with the control point in the quarry? I spent like 20 minutes climbing all over the place.

what is this? did he say something i dont get it.
I'm getting a free copy but why is tim being the one who got it for me?

Best part of the game hands down was the ashtray maze. Prove me wrong.

Can't figure that shit out it just loops around back to the start no matter what I do

I also notice a lot of texture streaming pop in despite the game never using more than 4.5 GB Vram.

Later. Generally speaking, if you can't get to a place it's because its part of something later on.

Attached: ffy0le7rkd431.png (696x493, 335K)

If only the gameplay wasn't so fucking easy, boring and repetitive

I thought it was very good. The kind of game I want to play more of after I finish it.
Bosses were mostly annoying and easily the worst part of the gameplay.
Exploring is hella fun, especially after you get levitate. Movement feels great. I wish there was more optional hidden areas and puzzles/side quests like mirror and the luck & probability. Wandering through the House looking for shit is hella comfy but I'm not sure there's anything else to find. There MIGHT be something with the furnace but probably not.

All in all, great shit imo, can't wait for the expansion.

i play with textures on ultra and i've never seen it use more than 2.5-3gb

Is this a joke?

goddamn what are they actually reacting to

What is the gaystation exclusive content?

face fix mod when?

There are barely any actual TPS games that come out unless you count the garbage movie games Sony shits out but then that's just lowering the standards tremendously. RE2 is cool I guess.

If we're talking about TP action games in general though then fuck no. Control is barely on okay-tier as a third person action game.

There is a special mod

A skintight costume. One of the neatest looking costumes ingame desu.

>exclusive

Attached: look at this dude.jpg (728x1024, 183K)

Not joking I came back to the maze like 5 times wondering when it lets me through, because its artifically gated behind some item or ability right? I've tried every direction and timing and going back and forth and doing all sorts of shit and it doesn't work, the maze isn't a maze at all it isn't solvable.

Point me in the very general direction?

Also has anyone been able to get and Damage mods? Barring the +15% you get through the story I haven't found any.

Turn off global illumination/reflections and gay tracing and you can max out everything out at over 60fps.

Jesse tells you you have to find the janitor. You weren't paying attention.

You seen any of those indestructible tvs with the fireplace on them?

And to your question, yes.

mald

>There MIGHT be something with the furnace but probably not.
The furnace is hungry.

This is your nu/v/

Anyone found marshall in the post game? She said she was going off to maintenance to get something but I just can't find her.
Also, how tf do you get your picture up in the board room with all the other directors?

Game runs like shit on my gtx 1070 too.

low test cucks afraid of strong women

see

The volumetric lighting and other post processing shit makes it tank really hard sometimes.

I found 3 so far. Tossed em in the furnace. I suspected it had something to do with that but another user shot my theory down saying some are are impossible to get through the furnace.

Thanks man will go hunt down the rest.

Marshall is defo expansion stuff imo.

This game looks pretty and has peak aesthetics but plays pretty boring. This is really the best remedy has to offer? Why are they so acclaimed?

>That ending
Did Sam Lake just not learn from his previous endings?

Attached: 7745.png (211x246, 11K)

>Why are they so acclaimed?
Because of the Max Payne games.
Alan Wake was also quite popular. Also their games aren't completely shit like mutt cancer is.

Thats what I was assuming too, but I was hoping she'd be about with a secret mission or some shit

Game is low key Dark Souls as fuck. It's got a firelink shrine, a bonfire lit animation, L1 to block, circle to dodge, and you constantly get invaded by red dudes trying to fuck your shit

I wish the game honestly had a transforming sword instead of a gun DESU

Nah too fucking boring.

Now if they expand on the systems here in Control to make Alan Wake 2? Instant classic.

If she is somewhere it's near the quarry. I remember reading in a report that she's been spotted spending hella time alone in the quarry.

Alan Wake was shit the flashlight was a shit mechanic. Control is their best gameplay game you utter fucking retard all it needs is the gun variety of Max Payne and it's perfect.

For a Control follow up, remove L2 zoom and turn it into bullet time, put L1 into shoot left hand weapon and have dpad swap the gun with left and right, Square becomes the psychic shield button.

Triangle is still the push melee attack but it works directlionally, pushing forward while pressing triangle makes you do a force push while moving backwards and pressing trying does a force pull, holding triangle grips them in the air on the spot
Literally combine Jedi Academy, Max Payne, Control and you have the perfect fucking tps combat of pure fun

That's what I'm saying you knob. Expand the mechanics of Control into Alan Wake 2.

Well, there is a Matrix film in the works so that should mean we also get a new Matrix game.

Attached: consider.jpg (569x428, 25K)

>Wachowski sisters(male)
user, I...

That makes sense, I'll have a look there in a bit

>all these notSCPs
>there are barely any interesting enemies aside from the fridge and the anchor
>amazing spectacle when in action but you actually barely do anything interesting in the combat

Yeah. It's a Remedy game.

>best looking
WOW ITS SHINY PUDDLES OF PISS AND WINDOWS EVERYTHINGS A MIRROR

My rx 580 is hitting 80C s in this game . I don't get temps that high anywhere else. I get 50 60 fps with high textures and medium everything else.

What's the matter? You having a stroke?

I was never able to upgrade pierce at all.

PC faggots are ridiculous. We had to endure years of you faggots sperging out over bloom and how good bloom is and how much you want to ENB bloom onto everything, and now we have REAL GRAPHICS PROGRESS with REAL RAY TRACING and faggots are being faggots about it.

We now have real actual mirrors in games, as in, you can see your character reflected off a fucking spoon like in real life, but no, that's a meme. Being able to see behind you in a reflected glass pane has no gameplay merit what so ever, yep, none.

Spatial awareness is going to be king with ray tracing.

This game could’ve been great if the combat and enemies weren’t so bland. So fucking close

There is 0(ZERO) chance of those transtrenders making another good movie. The game would be equally shit.

It's bugged

>We now have real actual mirrors in games
Fuck off you underage zoomer cunt.

Attached: max-in-mirror.jpg (1280x1024, 95K)

It just needs more variety all around

How do you know this?
Are you from the future?

Why in the actual fuck are all the interesting bosses in the side missions?

my temps are super low in this game with the same settings. i use medium, ultra textures, and no AA because the game is blurry enough not to notice the difference between high and ultra and no AA. this dumb 69-70 fps cap is making my GPU use under 90% utilisation.

Attached: Control 0.0.269.9979 (FINAL_release) 31_08_2019 12_52_13 PM.jpg (1920x1080, 2.23M)

Nah, I'm just not retarded like you.

Only one of them is returning to direct and she's bringing her Sense8 writers with her...

>hurr movie will be shit because they're trannies durr
Is this really your reasoning?

>over the shoulder shit
>good

Attached: 1223438994943.jpg (2000x1689, 839K)

Yup. Name one good thing made by a tranny.

You can't

Is it unlockable with a hex edit or something? I can't find anything about it.

>I wonder if you think this is actually true. Maybe you should play the games you fumble to review.
Psi Ops is legitimately better than Control, because you can dual wield telekinesis in one hand and a gun in the other.

Well shit.

I mean, I love Max Payne but fuck if I'm going to spend $60 on a single player game.

Do you ever leave the house? I thought this was a open world, not just a single level

Your reasoning is retarded.
They've made good shit in the past so why wouldn't they be able to pull this off?
>Name one good thing made by a tranny
Trouble is there are no famous transsexual producers so no, I can't name any. This probably has something to do with the fact that the tranny to normal person ration is 1 in 2 million or some shit.

>We now have real actual mirrors in games, as in, you can see your character reflected off a fucking spoon like in real life, but no, that's a meme.

>Unreal had reflective surfaces in 1998
>Control fags: OMGxBBQ WE FINALLY HAVE REAL REAL REFLECTIONS THIS IS THE FUTURE

Attached: Unreal-intro-672x372.jpg (672x372, 57K)

Yes

You go into pocket dimensions that mostly all look the same.

COPE AND DILATE

A reflective surface ala unreal or Max Payne or even the first Halo was faked shit and only rendered player models and no scenery or debris or particles or any lighting or specularity or any of the like.

Ray tracing, as in what's used in controls reflects all the shit that is happening in the actual game onto every reflective surface around you, not just a flat plane on a wall or floor

Well I had a look but I can't find her, searched nowhere as well and she isn't there either, I'll give it another sweeper but it looks like she's probably gonna be dlc

brainlet

>Psi Ops is legitimately better than Control,
I thought you said they were the same thing. Now Psy Ops is somehow legitimately better.
I don't think you've played either, and are keeping your comments vague so people won't notice.

Modern Western players are scared of boss fights.

>female protagonist
sorry but I like my video games to be realistic, not some fantasy sjw tranny clown world

I like the potential this franchise has since they can go more wild with totally not SCP stuff in the future with more experience and better hardware once PS5 and Scarlett comes out

Those TVs sure like to hide. Found 5 so far. Wonder how many more.

Can't find jack shit. Mind posting a link?

I'm not finding anywhere what I should do in order to unlock the Astral suit on PC. Spoonfeed me plz.

I only found 3 episodes. Also only found 4 secret areas , usually im pretty decent at exploration for secrets

control thread on cs.rin.ru

I don't mean those TVs. The fireplace TVs.

There's 6 of them.
Thanks, user.

>She
>Her

you know, for a game that got almost zero hype on this board, you guys are sure giving it a lot of attention

looks like Remedy wins again

it got good reviews and is hailed as the dawn of worthwhile rtx/best looking game in generation

MP1>MP2>Control>AW
Never played QB but heard it's shit.

Got too overhyped by reviewers desu. I thought I was getting into an instant classic when I saw those ratings.

All those 9/10s definitely need to be scraped down to a 6.5 or 7.5 depending on what you like in the game.

a suit and a side mission with a hideo kojima cameo thats obviously about death stranding

QB isn't shit, it's a lot like Control.

my thought as well.
there was gears of war 4, some time ago, wasnt it?

it's a unique story with unique presentation for a video game. gameplay is standard issue, yet satisfying enough. looks great even if the environments don't change much. i'm glad there are still games trying to be different like this.

What gpu and processor?
Also how much RAM you got.

I might be getting lower frames due to a cpu bottleneck or maybe because I've got 8 gigs of ram.

Interesting you say this, because your post is absolutely applicable to Quantum Break but no one here liked it.

Control has the SCP gimmick going for it.

And it is fairly amusing how practically "every" entity in the game is destructible, gets affected by your abilities, and can be grabbed. Even if all of that really is just inconsequential fluff to fuel the visuals.

It had more cutscenes than Max Payne 3 AND you had to watch a crappy TV show for every chapter. Otherwise; mediocre gameplay, good graphics.

gtx 1070
i7 4770
16gb ddr3 2133mhz

8gb ram is a limitation for any modern game desu

>This fight against esseJ
What the fuck, how do you beat that cocksucking third phase?

Fucking found it finally

Use your energy for dodging, always levitate and shoot her a lot.

>It had more cutscenes than Max Payne 3
This is false.
>you had to watch a crappy TV show for every chapter.
The entire show is optional. I thought it was quite neat how what you did in the game affected how the show would play out, but I guess I was the only one.

Literally the only thing holding QB back from being Remedy's best game is the gameplay, which I agree wasn't anything special.

She doesn't say it if you came early, before unlocking the quest

QB suffered from the same thing Control does. Which is Remedy pushing the boundaries of the visuals but barely trying to push the boundaries of the actual mechanics of the abilities.

There were phases? That fight was piss easy.
Git gud.

I hope this isn't the case since i throw the one that was all the way up in the panepticon outside the map

They respawn.

quantum break fucked up by going on the windows store

They respawn exactly where you found em. Also, I hope you mean the NSC.

Yep that explains it. Gonna drop everything to low and see how that works out. Thanks user.

Yes I confused the two zone some time since I spent a lot of time in the them trying to go everywhere once I unlocked levitate

Game run well on my Vega 56 + 2600x, they're both pretty cheap so I would suggest to get them

Shitters like you don't live in reality, kys you aimless faggot

Best boss fight imo.

The Kojumbo dlc mission was fucking shit. Giga boring.

I agree and it made my game lag like fucking crazy.

Yeah the fucking forklifts. I maintained a steady 50fps throughout the whole game, tanked to 22 with the forklifts

That weird bug thing could have been good if it wasn't a pushover.

>best looking game
Technically? Yes. Artistically? Fuck no

youtu.be/X6OUgh9W8a4

based Dr. Darling

>the best looking game this gen
It's realistic,sure. But it looks freaking sterile

>best TPS
LMAO

*unblocks your path*
youtube.com/watch?v=k0QsHKH77MI

where from

That part felt like a weaker version of stage shootout from Alan Wake.