Imagine that you could push a button that would generate an incredible, perfect...

Imagine that you could push a button that would generate an incredible, perfect, mindblowing game every time you pushed it, but after pushing it your consciousness would be trapped in an empty void for 500 million years, unable to sleep or die, with nothing to do but think. After the time is up, your consciousness would return to your body exactly as it was when you pressed the button and all memory of those 500 million years would be completely wiped. Would you push it?

Attached: 1537634182327.png (321x332, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CN_eL5ukCbw
youtube.com/watch?v=oJ4lmAFB7d4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_tank
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll wait here for that retard who always post the same "I can fast forward" post

of course not dumby

yep

An absolutely retarded conundrum, your brain would be physically affected by those 500 million years so its not a question of your memories being wiped or not. You'd come out unhinged even with memories wiped.
Unless you're replaced with the exact you from before you pushed the button. But in that case the you inside the void never would have existed

I can fast forward

>500,000,000 years of purgatory to play a good video game
this premise is retarded

>muh buddhism torture meme

why would i? astral chain already exists

I would pick that option without a doubt. You see, I have perfected a technique that has allowed me to effectively "skip" years of my life in the blink of an eye. I mean, I could even "teleport" myself to my deathbed right now, if I wanted to. So in retrospect, 500 million years is not such a long time, if I take the neccesary steps to undertake such a journey.

>get near-immortality AND a good game
sign me the fuck up
i love thinking btw

>your brain would be physically affected by those 500 million years
No it wouldn't.
Your memories of that time would be wiped out and your brain would stay the same.

Do I actually experience those 500m years, or is it like Soma where I just doom a copy version of myself?

Why not just get someone else to push it?

>or is it like Soma where I just doom a copy version of myself?
Yes.
The you that presses the button has to experience the 500 million years. The you after the button is pressed is a different person.

youtube.com/watch?v=CN_eL5ukCbw

Watch the original video. You do experience it.
It's an infinite empty room with nothing to do and you can't sleep or die for 500 million years.

You would doom yourself, and the copy of you whose memory gets wiped would be the one to reap the benefits.

It's just a prank bro

If I pressed the button several times who's to say that I won't figure out how to keep my years of knowledge intact? Somewhere out there should be a reality in which I figure out a way to do it so if I press it several times it could work

Why not just use pic related to press the button for me?

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 16K)

Whoever put it into motion would be sent into the void

Jesus fucking christ no. The few decades I've spent in this garbage existence are already too much and I'm pretty much ready to enter the endless void. 500 million years of nothing would be beyond miserable.

based

Basically the 500 million years happens in an instant in real time, so your consciousness suffers, then returns but with the memories wiped so it'd seem like the button did nothing at all.

>"I'm pretty much ready to enter the endless void"
What's the difference between entering a void and entering a void but you also get paid at the end?

I'll go for a barrage

I still can't tell if the original video was meant to be comedic, it came off as a skit in a show but was pretty damn disturbing on an existential level.

We had this thread. Why now?

there you are

Attached: BR-edb0bf4.jpg (620x413, 35K)

Fuck no.

I pay someone on craigslist to press it for me.

That depends.
Will i feel anything physically?
Like feeling hungry or thirsty or desire for sex/food, etc.
Or it's just plain emotionally??
Like angry, sad, happy, bored.

If it's the former, i would not press it.
If it's the latter, why not?

what if I manage to use an animal for button pressing action?

Drugs are bad mmkay

It's a magical button that sends you to other dimension for 500 million years, I don't think any cheap trick will work

Also, to translate that into numbers,
it's only
500,000,000 years
182,500,000,000 days
4,380,000,000,000 hours
262,800,000,000,000 seconds
It's not that hard with autism, i can just count to 262,800,000,000,000 seconds and it will be done.

Is there anything in this void to detect the passage of time. Since I can't sleep or die it actually makes things a bit easier but is there a way to know that day 1 has passed, day 2 has passed, day 3 has passed so on and so forth.

No.

500 mil? Pretty sure I’d go insane after 3 years tops.

Even better.
Since time is relative to a measurement ie the earths orbit around the sun. It would mean that 500 million years is really 0 years and it is not time after all. It would be over in the blink of an eye.

That's not how humans perceive time though.

Pretty sure the implication is that your brain would be restored to the exact same state it was before you pressed the button.

yes it is. time is a complete construct. there is nothing inside you that details time.

would be horrible. no thx

Hell no, I would like to minimize my suffering as much as possible even for a version of myself that I'll forget

If you were stuck in a room with nothing to do, you will obviously notice time passing even if there is no indication that it is passing.
We experience time pseudo-linearly.

500 Million years of mental torture to get something that you'll enjoy for maybe a few hundred hours is a genuinely awful trade.

Still, if you end up like the guy in the video then it wouldn't matter how many times you pushed the button in succession. Once he achieved enlightenment the barrier of time became meaningless be it 500 million years or 8 billion. Having that state taken away from him is probably more damaging than the time spent there assuming he wouldn't just allow himself to waste into nothing and die for real.

Attached: 6a00d83451c0aa69e2022ad3a2b147200b-800wi[1].png (600x315, 103K)

is it based on intention?
what happens if another person, with the same video game tastes as me, presses the button independently?
Should at this point even the person informing me of the button machine power suffer the consequences?
Do we both go to the 500 Mil years purgatory?
May as well leave the button machine in the open and appreciate the occasional good video game randomly popping up

No I wouldn't, you already said there is no way to tell that day 1 has passed. Its a void.
Time is a construct used to measure the distance between events. If there are no events and no way to detect if a day has passed, it would mean that it would be over in the blink of an eye. It would be like being under novocaine. You're put under then you wake up without remembering what happened.

Wouldn't I basically not experience it in real time if all my memories of it are wiped? If I don't remember it its like it never even happened

The only way, the ONLY way I would ever consider such a horrible fate upon myself was if the reward was complete immortality that gave you Wolverine like regeneration. 500 million years of torture for a game? No thanks.

If you kill someone brutally and painfully, they will be dead. And the dead don't have the memory of the suffering......... is your logic.

See, you likely won't consciously percieve all 500 million years. At some point, your mind will pretty much break and you'll pretty much stop all thought and action for extended periods of time. You'll basically go comatose, maybe only occasionally having moments of lucidity or sudden thought.

If you close your eyes, time obviously won't pass any quicker.
You're conscious of time passing, as evidenced by the fact that you can think during that time.

It's an interesting thought and a lot of people seem to forget the relativity of time as compared to space. Vernor Vinge wrote quite a few novels that explored the subject and there were quite a few with pretty neat concepts, such as the Zones of Thought.

The basic premise was that time (and the way of its passage in specific parts of space) influenced the evolution and intelligence of species, with places where "time" was more abundant containing intelligent and robust species, while the "slower" zones contained nothing short of simple lifeforms with very rudimentary (if any) intelligence.

This is similar to thinking about the biological rhytm in the first place, just how it would be affected by changes in gravity, time and time of day, possibly conditions that might increase your lifespan?

Just how much of the human existence and it's problems is tied to our position in relative time and space, while which parts are fixed in physics is a hard case to yet realize, as the only way humans measure time is by observing our own celestial bodies and their behaviour.

That's exactly what he said wtf? When its over there's no more suffering, for you at least

If a company remakes an old game using bits and pieces of it of until it the remake was made entirely of the same code, would it be the same game?

>If there are no events
There's the event of you being conscious that's being updated at all times

I know you probably pictured yourself as one of those gigantic brained wojaks when you typed that out, but that's actually the opposite of what you look like.

I'll trick someone into pressing the button many times telling him it does nothing. It'll do just like in the manga when the guy go into a marathon of this hell. I'll enjoy his reward and it'll only last a few seconds for me.

Attached: 90327905670932.png (140x140, 9K)

But I am not in a void and I can detect time passing with my eyes close because I am still connected to events going on around me. Remember the void, and remember there is no way to tell a day has passed. With my eyes closed I can still see sun light. Here there is no sunrise or sunset, since that is a way to detect that a day has passed.
Imagine existence has a sea cucumber. In its mind does it live in a blip and was never able to do all the sea cucumber things it wanted. Or does it live through aeons.

The scary thought to me is not a infinity place with nothing happening because time would move so slow it would be quick.
It would be a finite place with so much going on you could never see it all and every step you take might cut you off from experience.

I know you probably. But you probably.
That's not an event. There is just a void, and no way to detect if the 500 million years pass. So they pass in an instant.

>That's not an event.
I disagree

not being able to think hypothetically is a sign of retardation user

most couldn't even handle five months like that, making it 500 million years, which is such a long time relative to us that nobody can even truly comprehend it is absolutely retarded. Make it five years and then ask this shit

What happens when we die bros?

Like salty coins

The same thing as OP, except it's indefinite.

nothing

>That's not an event. There is just a void, and no way to detect if the 500 million years pass. So they pass in an instant.
Let me ask you a serious question. If you were to build a complete sensory deprivation room and put yourself in it for a day, do you legitimately believe that you would experience staying in that room as taking no time at all? As in it would feel like the door shut behind you and then instantly it would open but a day actually passed.

Reminder that if he was able to make incisions on the stone with his indestructible tooth then he could have built an entire city

Guy presses the button he gets sent into the void, it's as simple as that, I imagine no trick or pushing the button with some contraption will work, it needs physical contact with the human and whoever presses it is going into the void

>and no way to detect if the 500 million years pass.
For the love of god please tell me you are trolling.
People perceive time. Sometimes it's a little slower, sometimes it's a little faster. It only feels faster or slower because your brain wants to forget moment of existence you have already seen.
But you still experience those moments, even though you might forget most of it some time later.

no thanks, I don't have to suffer because every single dev is incompetent

>carving a city from the top down
fuck that bro
implying the markings wasnt residue of the tooth grinding down and regenerating

Easy

Attached: think.jpg (960x540, 201K)

TAKAHASHI MEIJIN STYLE

Attached: 1557705652474.jpg (315x480, 38K)

Bags of sand

I got a harder one for you bros. Would you take the 500 million year deal in exchange for the life of your dreams? So you experience that void, come back, and you would instantly have fulfilled or be on the way to fulfilling and dreams you have, you would have your perfect waifu, all the money you could ask for, etc.

do these happen back to back, keeping his "trapped" conciousness, or does he do the round course trip losing the memory each time he enters a new 500 million years

What you're experiencing is actually similar to deja vu, but out of order. Your brain is encountering damage to the pathways that are storing memories and relativizing them to a passage of time. Chunks are disappearing, and you're perceiving them as skips in your continuity of consciousness. You need to seek medical help. You may have a serious degenerative condition like Alzheimers, or worse.

Even better.
That would imply you could create a city out of your own flesh.

I would know that the door shut behind me. And I could still fall asleep and die in that room, which the premise for the 500 million years button contains.
So know, your sensory room would be a different scenario where I could measure events taking place - such as a door shutting.
There is no time, its just a construct we use. We can observe the sun rising and setting and the construct tells us time has passed. But nothing has passed really.

What the first church, Jesus's church, the Catholic Church teaches

Reincarnation. There's no escaping this hell.

If the memories would be completely wiped after 500 million years I'd probably press it repeatedly.
There would be an endless supply of great games to enjoy while I wouldn't even remember the suffering each time I pressed it.
I'd be the savior of Yea Forums ushering in a new golden age of vidya.

continuous suffering

your taste of games sucks fag, hope you enjoyed purgatory

it's a thought experiment with no correct answer, it's there to make you ponder the nature of thought and eternity, as well as the universe and our place in it

Would have you used the teleporter?

Attached: canadian animation-john weldon-to be.png (964x762, 453K)

heartbeat

>changing a fuckhuge sum of money to a video game when you can do the same with money and then some
Even then the perfect plan is to convince your buddy to do that and ask to get some of that money since he has infinite money anyway and you're scared of pressing a button. After the first press which does "nothing" it shouldn't be hard for him to marathon that shit for you. You living in isolation for a long time is an isolated incident which no one will ever feel, know about or experience but it's better not to do that to yourself if someone else can.

You can't die in these 500 million years, remember. And you can't detect any time passing. So your heartbeat won't be felt. There is just a void. Nothing that can inform you to measure between to events of any passing.

Nah, you're just killing yourself to make a clone of yourself

>your consciousness would be trapped in an empty void for 500 million years, unable to sleep or die, with nothing to do but think
Oh, bringing up that Stephen King short we learned about from a Reddit comment a few months ago again, are we?

just because you cant accurately track the rate of time passing doesn't mean it doesnt. you'd assuredly lose track, but in the video it seems he can ask how much time remains.

If I don't remember it it effectively didn't happen
so fuck yeah I press it

The original video wasn't even a superhuge amount of money. It was a million yen, which is below 10,000 bucks.

This has nothing to do with Stephen King, although I did read that short and it messed me up for a while.

You mean the Jaunt? No but it's similar I guess, this is some jap thing where a guy presses a button for a million yen but does that whole 500 million year deal and comes back with no knowledge of it

>So your heartbeat won't be felt
You aren't an bodyless mind, you're just in a super-vacuum. Your heart still beats, you will feel your heart beating, you will know that each of these is roughly a second in earth-time, time goes on as usual and you will feel each of those 500 million years just like you would in a sensory-deprivement chamber or whatever

>the entire cast of Star Trek is long dead, and man-made replicas are living their lives, and no one fucking cares
I'd be a shuttle-only guy. None of that disintegration shit for me.

Time is a theoretical construct created by humans for their own purposes.

Humans employ the concept of time to measure the gap (interval) between events according to a standard unit of measure - e.g. seconds, minutes. In the same way, humans have created the concept of distance to measure the gap (interval) between objects.

If there is no way to tell if one second has passed of the 500 million years, or one day, or a week. Then there would be nothing for you to see time as.
And if you can't die there is also no cut-off. The 500 million years would be over in the blink of an eye.

The notion of that fucking horrified me honestly, but it makes me wonder if that's not the case and their "conciousness" is just in another form and put back together

Then I could map out my heartbeats and count down and know when a day has passed. And remember, there was no way of knowing when a day has passed.

The fact that people are still replying to obvious bait is fucking mind boggling to me.

>what is a quantum clock
suck me dick pseudosmart

Your perception of time would become so increasingly skewed, eventually millions of years will start to feel like hours. However in the absence of stimuli, you’d begin to hallucinate and it wouldn’t be pleasant.

what the fuck do you mean "bait"

Just a way to keep the construct of time more accurate. But nothing of substance outside of earth and our view of time.

There was a Casper Christmas special where they were being threatened by that as a fate and I thought it was spooky as fuck for a kids show.

>Then there would be nothing for you to see time as.
No, there would be nothing to accurately know how much time has passed, ignoring heartbeat or other bodily functions such as the regular 24/25h sleep cycle
Subjective time still passes for you

Oh man, you're gonna hate this:
The "you" right now is an entirely different person than you were 5 years ago.
In fact, the "you" from 5 years ago is dead.
Your own body killed yourself by replacing most of your cells.

screw that, I'll kill myself now to prevent my future replication self from taking over

That'll show 'em

time isn't theoretical you absolute retard.
the universe doesn't just pause itself when no one is watching.
The Cesium-133 atom will oscillate 9,192,631,770 times a second regardless of whether anyone else experiences it, or not.

I don't see your point
Earlier you said that there are no events in this void
Heartbeat is a basic example of an event, even one that comes regularly enough to serve as a ghetto clock

That's around a couple million where i live so a very good deal.

Of course it was comedic you autist.

this is such a ridiculous notion to think, its not like currency with no backing in any way. even though weights number systems were defined by humans a kilo still exists, weight can still be found because its just the nature of physics. your ability to accurately read time is diminished but it still exists because the fluctuation of atomic particles is also constant.

Except your nervous system and brain cells don't do that, genius.

>hurr time doesn't exist durr
>yes it does, you retard. you experience time constantly
>nuh-uh, if the sun isn't there you can't feel time because we need to know somehow if time has passed
>then what about your heartbeat, faggot?
>t-that doesn't count

Alright, here's the thing.
Lock yourself indoor.
No clock, nothing, just empty room and yourself, not even windows.
I will tell you to wait for 3 days.
DO YOUR TINY BRAIN THINK THAT IT WILL ENDED IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE? YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER?

>10,000 usd is a "couple of million" where you live
do you understand how currency transfer works?

He lives in Zimbabwe, leave him alone.

Don't talk to me like that, I'm a gazillionaire
t. venezuela

There is nothing called subjective time. There is nothing inside your body that has to do with time. Its the only pure social construct humanity have.
Its based on our orbit around the sun.
A earth year is shorter, the same amount of time on Jupiter would take 12 years. Its all relative.
How do you know, has anyone stopped observing the universe?
I wasn't the one that said there was no events. I asked OP if there was any way to detect the passage of time, he answered no. I said good. No he's saying there is your heartbeat then I say that can't be, it would serve as a clock.
It is exactly like currency. And exactly as a kilo since a kilo only exists as a construct that is relative to where you are. Its just a word used to measure the difference between two things.
Can I still die and sleep in when I lock the door?

Yeah, but they are replaced so gradually, you don't die in the process. Having a cell replaced here and there is a wee bit different than vaporizing your entire body in an instant.

>you can do the same with money and then some
>generate an incredible, perfect, mindblowing game
With money you still need time, you still need to find perfect people for the job, you still need to manage everything to produce such a game. In OP game just starts existing.

Read a book, retard

Look I posted it again

but the atoms composing your brain cells gets replaced no?

brain cells are still cells they get nutrients and expel waste to keep themselves alive so the atoms should get replaced

I'm surprised nobody thought about this yet
>First Time Pressing it
>Boredom of 500 million years
>Second Time Pressing it
>You know that this is very real, and if your memory is wiped, you will be sent here again and again, you will be back again, because your dumb fuck self are spamming the buttons now.
So, the only correct way to do this is to set a goal and know that you will stop after reaching the goal.
i would probably just stop at 10million.

alright im satisfied im being trolled now. you'd have to be a seriously dumb motherfucker to think all of these in sincerity.

What is there to understand? I obviously meant that if i were to press a button and get around 10k and exchange them for local currency i'd get a couple of mils which is enough to get a lot of good shit.

No, you fucking retard. You don't shit out your entire stomach when you eat, and a jug of water doesn't vanish when all the water is gone. Go read a fucking book.

Say whatever you want but the guy from the video, by the 500th million year, had reached peak comfiness.

>Its the only pure social construct humanity have.
And yet we can still tell the time by using our own biological clock and levels of light and darkness. Hell, non-human animals are able to tell the time through the same methods that we do.

Fuck off brainlet. You can stop pretending that you're smart with your own bullshit.

Attached: 1554878654560.png (460x460, 156K)

TAKAHASHI MEIJIN STYLE

You're right, but you still died in the end.
You slowly replaced your own being.
It's not an instant death, of course, but you still died in the end.
But that just talking about bodily death.
You dies every night when you go to sleep.
Your consciousness doesn't go in standby mode like a tv, it gets completely erased.
Only when we wake up is it created again.

I have yet to see a single argument from you that time exists. All you keep saying is that I'm dumb, which I don't mind but really look it up. Time is a complete construct. Without events to measure it by - sunrise to sunset, there is no way of knowing time exists. Because it is a pure system we have created.
We have no biological clocks. There is no clock inside you. Nothing in you biology is related to a clock, just to observation. And just to having abstract thought enough to count between two events or observe two events relative to each other. Like distance and time.

>I asked OP if there was any way to detect the passage of time, he answered no.
Well shit user you turned this into something entirely different within your mind
OP was thinking of a clock, not time literally not existing in this void

what the fuck i'm talking in the span of years or decades.

brain cells don't get nutrition of any sort?

youtube.com/watch?v=oJ4lmAFB7d4

based

Attached: 1524212837312.gif (310x310, 1.75M)

Now that's some psuedoscience shit right there. How do you explain dreams, if your conciousness "shuts down completely"?

Didn't you make this thread before? I still choose yes

But time literally doesn't exist in this void if there is no way to tell an event preceding the next event. Not a sunrise, not a heartbeat.

>Time is a complete construct.
see We don't need a sun to know how much time has passed and convert it to our earth seconds

And a jug is still the same jug no matter how many times you fill it with water. I know it's hard, but please use some critical thinking.

But there is a heartbeat

How do you know if that will happen. The only reason we know is because there was someone that measured it.
Time doesn't exists.
There can't be, as it would be used as a clock and you could tell when a day has passed.

Your subconscious still exists.
It's possible to create your conscious mind while you're dreaming, that's what we call lucid dreaming.

smoking meth doesnt mean you skip time, dipshit

That's the stupidest shit I've ever read, even compared to the time autist in this very thread.

Fuck off Diavolo, if you can kill yourself to get out of that death loop fucking try it

>There can't be
But there is
>as it would be used as a clock and you could tell when a day has passed.
Exactly

I'd push the button and then summon King Crimson to skip all that time

But I asked, is there a way to tell that time passes (here ) the answer was NO (here )
So there can't be a heartbeat because it can be used as a clock.

i doubt a jug made of plastic works the same as a living cell

where does the nutrient of the cells go?
to do something it needs to be incorporated in the cell in some way.
if it gets incorporated in the cell now has atoms it didn't have before.

>500milyr to think things over without distractions
was there supposed to be a downside?

Detecting the passage of time =/= perceiving the passage of time, autist.
You'll perceive time regardless if you have a way of detecting how much time has passed or not.

Your thought experiment just inherently can't work
Not only do you have a body, you're also conscious during the whole 500 million years, in which case your thoughts still run, you could count seconds and use that as a measure of time
So the only way for your method to work would be not being conscious and not having a body, in which case golly gee yes it would pass in an instant

i’d go to a special needs school and have every retard every play with it

You're free to have opinions.
Feel free to try and disprove me, however.
I'm not like that autist, thinking only my way of thinking is right.

No, you won't. Time has no direction. Its relative. Without being able to detect time passing, seeing a plant grow, seeing it rain and then later stop raining, seeing a sunset. Anything to measure one event unfolding from the next event, you won't perceive time.
Its not my thought experiment, its OPs thought experiment. I simply asked more around the scenario.
Even with a body (that can't die in 500 million years mind you) it wouldn't matter if you could count because you can't tell anything relative to yourself.
Time is without direction, so you don't know if you have counted fast or slow. If you saw an explosion you could relate that experience to the next even unfolding. But those things needs to be outside of yourself. Since time passes faster or slower depending if you are on a mountain or near the sea.

Your mind and conciousness ceases to exist. It just doesn't seem comprehensible to your existence is all.

that's an unimaginable cruelty to visit on another person.

The nutrients power the cell in the same way electricity powers a lamp. Electricity can't replace a lamp any more than nutrients and energy can replace a cell designed to not be replaced. Go look up the Krebs cycle, educate yourself.

It's funny because it's awful on an existential level

you can't measure that time correctly but you still experience it

How? If I'm able to detect a heartbeat from the next I would be able to detect it correctly. Remember I have 500 million years to get this right.
Without that I won't experience it.

Here's another question to encourage you to think about it. How fast do you really think your brain can conjure up a conciousness? How fast does it take for it to get wiped in your theory?
For example, I personally can enter REM sleep in less than 10 minutes (I did a sleep study) so let's say I fall asleep and someone wakes me up suddenly.
I still have a conciousness within seconds of waking up suddenly, even in the middle of REM sleep. How fast do you really think that can work and still be accurate to the conciousness that was wiped? There would be a lot more error than what we have now.

You know there is a fucking thing called a deprivation tank. You should look into it you retards.

Can I fall asleep or die in the depravation tank? Or be inside one for 500 million years? If not, its not really the same thing.

elaborate

You can more than likely choose to fall asleep in it. A lot of spa places let you make appointments for them.

I'll just throw a wikipedia article in though and call it a day if you want more info. Same with you en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_tank

You trick some else to press it with no consequence. Easy.

I know what it is, I want you to explain what you mean since you quoted people from both sides of the argument and sensory deprivement has been brought up multiple times already
Did you just want to feel smart by bringing up something incredibly obvious

>How fast do you really think your brain can conjure up a conciousness? How fast does it take for it to get wiped in your theory?
Depends on the person, but it's mostly instantaneous for the most part.
You're still sleepy when you wake up, however. Not just in body but also in mind.
I think that's your consciousness being fully created.
>There would be a lot more error than what we have now.
That's true. But no conscious is ever the same before and after you wake up.

>hit button
>meditate for a seemingly endless amount of time
>achieve enlightenment, experience nirvana
>get ripped back into reality and trade enlightenment for $10k / kino vidya
>get to do it all over again, with a fresh mind
The joy of meditation and enlightenment coupled with near endless money and vidya. A very strange dichotomy. Can I take this button home?

alright you got me back in you fucking faggot.

if we assume time doesn't exist when not observed, then you have to posit that it does exist when observed. You can't have your hyopthetical no observation theory be true because noones seen it, its not even a theory by scientific standards.

So you're saying that the brain can conjure up an entire personality in seconds but most people can't do complex (or even basic) arithmetic in their heads? I would assume it would be affected by cognitive ability so retarded people would either have drastically different personalities every day or just no conciousness at all. (which really isn't the case)

why would you need to measure time to experience it? also, you could think one thing now and after some time think another thing, and those are your two events needed to measure time

The way at least one of the arguments was being worded implied that being deprived of sensory would allow you to feel like no time has passed at all.
I am in more favor of the other argument, but going in one of these would actually prove or disprove the whole time passing thing.

I'm not talking about the things that make you, you, I'm talking about your consciousness.
Your consciousness doesn't contain your being, it's a mere reflection of what you are.

If you can take out your tooth, then maybe if you can't kill yourself, you can rip out a bone, rip out an eye, and then use the bone to lobotomize yourself into a retard incapable of suffering?