Hopes and fears for XCOM 3?

Hopes and fears for XCOM 3?

Attached: stars.png (261x279, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Vn7bvvCUzKc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Hopes
Bigger. % values that are not weighted. Has a portable release sooner than later.

>Fears
Ends up being shit until the first expansion, like XCOM1/2 before it.

XCOM 2 WAS AND IS A DELIGHT EVEN WITHOUT THE EXPANSION I'LL FUCKING CUT YOU

Terror From The Deep

>You now have to defend the Moon too

It's obviously a sequel to Rebelstar: Tactical Command.

With even more anime retardation.

Attached: 250px-Rebelstartc.jpg (250x249, 23K)

Hopes: Phoenix Point but with better art style
Fears: It's a dumbed down version of the prior games.

I kind of wish xcom and its clones would die, not because I hate the games, I love them, but why does every turn based tactics game like this need to be about ayy lmaos? I just want to manage a modern PMC, sending contractors all around the world, rescuing VIPs, shooting sand people, tilting the balance toward one faction or another and making money. I'm tired of ayys, I want a grounded PMC management simulator.

Hopes- return of TU, squad size increase, "long war" option

Fears- lack of TU(again), even more streamlined and dumbed down

So, Jagged Alliance?
I agree, Jagged Alliance is still the best srpg by far.

I agree more that the concept of the srpg is so broadly applicable that I'd rather see it applied to new settings and concepts entirely, not just Xcom, Tactics Ogre/Fire Emblem, Jagged Alliance and the odd Syndicate knock-off.

Social justice pandering.

>I want a grounded PMC management simulator.

Shit, now I want it too

Everyone gives a lot of shit to nuXcom, but it's the only one of this niche that feels satisfying to play for now

Attached: 1558031322324.jpg (326x239, 20K)

no more ragtag resistance shit

this

Basically yeah, a modern jagged alliance with all the nice customization shit that comes with xcom. I'd be playing that non fucking stop.

I really hope they make different environments the gimmick for XCOM 3. Fights on land, fights underwater and fights in space, all with different rules.

Turn timers were good game design

I'd say you would be interested in End State, but I think that's almost dead.

Attached: You'll never play an AA Xpiratez with QoL additions.png (1680x1050, 29K)

Bullet physics, kneeling, time units, bleeding, energy, stun damage, damage from excessive stun damage, passive recovery from stun damage.

I hope it's set in the future and we go and fuck up an alien planet.

Hopes
>more interesting/fun enemies
>more interesting/fun classes
>everying is broken to the point of balance like in 2
>Better mission and level design

>Hopes
Big tittied gillwomen
>Fears
Big tittied lobster women

This, but apparently Jake hates TFTD for some reason, so it's unlikely to happen.

Attached: oar58giubuz21.jpg (640x714, 82K)

If they don't fucking fix how alien activity works by 3 then I don't give a fuck

>Fears: It's a dumbed down version of the prior games.
But XCOM was already a massively dumbed down version of the original X-COM. I don't see how they could dumb it down even further.

Attached: 1549152541649.jpg (1200x1386, 118K)

Jake please deliver

Attached: 1546399430620.jpg (729x740, 97K)

Oh fuck that's exactly the sort of thing I want, cheers user I'll definitely be keeping track of this

Kikestarter campaing in 4 days. It has been in development for 3 years already. It has a demo btw.

Attached: 9b0b9ed436f5d721ce139c5427d8517eeadc8388.jpg (1920x1080, 589K)

>classes
Soldiers should be equipped according to their strengths and your needs, not because they rolled a class that they'll never switch out of unless you do some bullshit retrain action.

Nothing short of a complete reboot will save this series.

The main problem with pods is that it disallows actual tactics and turns the game from a tactical squad game into a puzzle game. This means that making sound decisions in XCom is not a matter of playing like you would against a human, but rather knowing how pod behave and adjust to that.

The most obvious example is scouting. Against a human, it makes sense to scout. You want as much information as possible and it may be worth risking a scout unit or two to get it. In XCom, scouting is the worst possible thing you can do. Instead, you want to avoid looking around corners or behind doors, because you may wake a pod. This is gamey and artificial.

XCOM needs to put the player in bullshit situations to create a feeling of challenge/threat and, to compensate, needs to give the players to tools to deal with those "unwinnable" scenarios that he's expected to win. It's an empty difficulty. The played is expected to be impressed by the challenge and satisfied with his victory, but it only takes so many missions before it becomes obvious that you were never at risk so long as you pushed the "I win" buttons in the right order. Because, in the end, you're not so much fighting the aliens as you're navigating the various in-game laws that were set up to prevent you from effortlessly slaughtering those aliens. The original X-COM doesn't rely on this masquerade, and is therefore free to come up with genuine horror stories that are remembered twenty-four years later.

The system I want is the one that almost every single tactical game except XCom uses: no pod system at all. Games like Panzer general, silent storm, jagged alliance, original XCom, WH40k: Chaos Gate all lack a pod system and instead have all units active from the start. You generally want to spread your squad out, cover each other from range and observe as wide an area as possible to gain maximum advantage.

Attached: 1553096619953.png (894x894, 97K)

This looks like a UI from a late 90s game. I'm not sure if I like that or not.

Nucom was shit, this is coming from someone who played the original (including most overhaul mods), TFTD and Apoc multiple times over. As for the Nucoms I had to force myself to finish them both.

Just hope there's a big enough gap between it and Phoenix point to enjoy both.

>Basically yeah, a modern jagged alliance
? But jagged Alliance 2 is still more sophisticated than any turn-based game made in the last 10 years.

A modern Jagged Alliance would just be dumbed down, casualized trash.

>I don't see how they could dumb it down even further.
That sounds like a challenge, user.

>This looks like a UI from a late 90s game.
It doesn't. It looks like a modern UI.

This is what a UI looks like from a late 90's game

Attached: ss_3011ac55cd9d7e4a4be97de53e177786a328aedb.1920x1080_1518007078.jpg (720x540, 88K)

friendly reminder people actually liked that system

we'll never recover

I was more referring to how it's mostly flat coloured and looks like a 2d graphic pasted over the gameplay, plus their style of units and portraits.

What's it called though?

Nice cherrypicking.

Attached: 3_2681.jpg (711x533, 179K)

You realize that XCOM 2 fixed scouting with stealth system?

Terran Shield

I don't know, there's a bunch of games in development which are trying different things.

More character customization skillswise

You mean fucked it up even further where you can "stealthily ambush" a squad using various explosives and live ammo while a nearby squad will not notice because it's out of YOUR view range?

>inventory, character screen and dialogue interaction take up only a fraction of the screen
Thanks for proving my point. In modern games just a single one of those would have occupied an entire 1080p+ screen, yet Jagged Alliance 2 manages to fit all of them on a 640x480p screen without them even taking up most of the screen space.

Attached: 13761383012.jpg (540x540, 26K)

>fixed
the stealth system made it even worse

how?

>hopes
i get to defend earth again
>fears
its guerillia bullshit that should have been DLC, again

xcom 2 went into the shitter narrative design wise. half the appeal is that you defend the earth not retake it from faggy cosplayers.

>You realize that XCOM 2 fixed scouting with stealth system?
XCOm2's stealth system is utterly moronic, since there are still no TU's, meaning you can't make fine-grained movements, which is the most basic requirement for a stealth game.

Look at something like Invisible Inc or Jagged alliance 2. You can move your units one step at a time without it consuming their entire movement pool. So if you stumble upon an enemy, you can still react. That's how you implement stealth in a turn-based game.

Attached: 1551463810724.jpg (528x792, 66K)

Not charging 35$ for DLC

How about you fucking put the effort and make a sizeable game rather than lying and saying ''Well we put ALOTTA effort in this that we totally didn't cut from the base game so pay up piggy''

>tfw no 90s african mercenary company XCOM-like game
I just wanna operate on fools with ex-mil dudes using a modern interface, 7.62 is good but damn I want newer, better stuff.

Attached: stress.png (420x420, 399K)

>return of TU
Never happening.

Pretty damn accurate

I want space XCOM
setting: like 30 years after we kicked the gayliens off earth, using reverse engineered tech to colonize the solar system. Now has bases on all planets, mining stations, civilian colonies and spaceports, etc (not just militarized cutting edge stuff). the aliens to flee from the greater threat they were talking about

mechanics wise it would have 3d grid movement whenever the fight takes place in zero G. Some mechanics appropriate for the environment too, like wall kicking, jet boosters, recoil and so on. Vacuum is also a mechanic, which grants improved stealth and is hazardous to troops not equipped for it, it can be caused locally by blasting holes in the hull after which doors lock to contain it and things get sucked out etc. Third mechanic is moveable spacecraft, large debris and asteroids, which move in a predictable manner each turn (either due to craft propulsion, orbital forces or being blasted off). These function as platforms and carry with them all units standing on them, like cutting loose a piece of a chess board and carrying it off.

also add time units and free aim like in benis boint, it looks sweet

>posts are comparing combat interface
>let me post this screenshot of someone talking with an npc
Are you retarded?

>It looks like a modern UI.
Not really. If anything it's closer to the 00's where everything had to be round and brightly coloured.

>I don't see how they could dumb it down even further.
That's why Jake Solomon is lead designer, and not you.

My only real worry is that they'll make the power armor/plasma equivalents look like shit again.

not going to happen. Ayy slaying is the selling point of XCOM and without them XCOM would not really sell. XCOM like games are a niche market but a PMC management simulator is even smaller niche. Also you can get those games but dont get mad when they have low resolution 2D sprite graphics as going as big as XCOM2 wont be profitable.
Yes it sucks but zoomers do not like RTS, turn based games or XCOMlike.

Well put. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen, and we're going to get another puzzle game rather than a tactics game.

XCOM 2 is not a stealth game and was never intended to be one.

Then why did they add a shitty stealth system?

To scout and set up an ambush before the fighting starts.

sounds awful

fight me in real life and not online you little faggot

>To scout and set up an ambush before the fighting starts.
Yes, and the system they used for that sucks.

What are you even saying here? I wasn't comparing XCOm2 to stealth games necessarily, but with other turn-based games that have a stealth system.

It does exactly what it was intended to do. The only reason you don't like it is because you wanted a stealth game.

They'll continue to take control away from the player every turn for 15-45 seconds so some talking head can spout useless information, a trooper can confirm that, yes, you did in fact hear an alien from the direction of the sound waves, or because your troops saw an alien that did or did not see your troops.

That sounds interesting enough I would even back a crowdfunding venture.

>Hopes
X-Com: Armageddon set in the near future of earth, after the end of Nu-Com 2 chronologically
>Fear
They reboot it again to play out the invasion differently AGAIN

Are you fucking retarded? It's a shit system that adds nothing to the already limited tactical depth of the game. Other tactical games decades prior had better stealth systems than the one they put into XCOM 2, it is absolute shit and if you think it's good, you are a mouth breathing niggerfaggot.

I'm on standby if you need help beating that faggot with shit tastes

I just hope phoenix point will be good
>delayed until december
fug

What if we got OG X-Coms alien activity system (all aliens active from start), combined with an awareness system (aliens and X-Com cannot 'see' each other until they fall into a vision cone or brush up against one another).

I just really like nuX-Coms simplified action point system. Though something like Valkyria Chronicles would be OK too

>Hopes
An unholy fusion of Apocalypse and TFTD that has a good and cohesive artstyle.
>Fear
They do shitty Mass Effect tier alien designs for a third time.

delayed till December + a year
fuck china

It. Is. Not. A. Stealth. Game. Get that through your thick fucking skull. It is there only so you can scout and choose when the fighting starts.

You mean year+ until it's out on torrent?

Kinda sucks that the closest you'll ever get is Phantom Pain, which is so far from the mark.
Still, Jake hopes that with Phoenix Point and XCOM 3, people will make more and more XCOM-likes.

I'd be happy without those fucking time limits. Also those fucking alien ruler niggers that can do one turn per fucking action. What a crock of shit.

Alright, you are genuinely mentally challenged. We are comparing the stealth in XCOM not to stealth games, but to other tactics games which had stealth, which was implemented in a far better fashion than what XCOM did. Read this several times, so you can comprehend what is being written, you incredibly dense and idiotic faggot.

based

Attached: 1563012078641.png (680x510, 506K)

Set underwater

Hopes:
XCOM Declassified 2.
Fears:
Another classic XCOM game.

>can't comprehend the fact the stealth system was meant only to replace EUs shitty pod system
>calls others mentally challenged
Stealth ends when you start shooting for a reason, dipshit.

played all the builds and its not that great. I hope for the best but in its current state they would need a good 2-3 years more to finish it.

What seems to be the issue?

He is just a retard you will learn nothing from him.

Either improve stealth or get rid of it entirely. Reapers did stealth correctly, and were greatly useful because of it.

From what i've seen of it, there's a fine layer of jank all over

Can you get into specifics?

clonk and jank all over. Bugged to the extreme. Very barebones. All the builds have felt like early proof of concepts and being this close to launch and have nothing to really show for it is alarming.
I truly hope they have just tricked us and they got something good cooking. But dont be surprised it "releases" and then receive 2-3 years of updates to make it into the game it should have been on launch.
That is how most games are launched today. Broken and unfinished... early access crap for years before the "real" release.

Reaper Stealth was the same though they just had a perk that didn't reveal them when the whole squad was revealed.

A way to do it:

>Detection is based on Sound and Sight
>if your team is in stealth, making a loud noise may attract attention, like shooting a gun or kicking open a door
>loud noises make aliens investigate
>shooting an alien doesn't automatically make that soldier discovered - if you kill it in one shot, and then evade discovery, you remain in stealth - but the aliens will obviously be on high alert and actively searching because they just found a dead body
>firefights quickly turn into a cluster fuck as the noise brings the aliens on the map quickly running
>you want to position your team wisely or be ready and willing to fall back and relocate, because you will be outnumbered and outgunned
>soldiers clustered together will quickly be chain discovered

no, not really, I was pretty disappointed by their direction of simplification and board-gamization.

But Epic money was supposed to fixed all this bros...
I guess they really have no faith in the end product.

are we even GETTING an X-Com 3? They've been silent for a long damn time

They are 99% working on it.

Aren't bugs usually fixed last in development though?

Is that an announcement or an assumption, because I thought they actually didn't make much money on these

I like it. Maybe add suppressors as an attachment? I'd also like to see weapons get a bonus to hit and auto-crit on a completely unaware enemy.

Suppressors reduce gun noise from BIG NOISE (gunshot, explosion) to small noise (window breaking, door slam), being 'unseen' gives a % bonus to Hit/Crit

Of course all we're doing is stacking the game even MORE on Alpha Striking, which some people consider a huge flaw of NuCOm

>99%
So its not happening.

>Aren't bugs usually fixed last in development though?
Pajeet programming 101

>because I thought they actually didn't make much money on these
It sold over 500k on steam on the first week.

The expansion is fantastic though, attacking the Assassins lair is one of my favourite moments in any video game ever. It was so intense it was incredible.

It was a conscious decision to not make stealth a playstyle in xcom2 and that probably wouldn't change in 3.

>Someone actually liked The Bureau
Nani?

Not only him, I also did. Cool setting in a timeframe I love very much with basically ME2 combat. The thing was so cool.

>Hopes
It goes back to being militaristic like 1.

>Fears
Even more ragtag team of diverse leftie fucks like in fucking 2.

Good thing Epic is supporting a whole year of early access before other stores can get the final version.

Attached: IMG_20190824_171811.jpg (1078x645, 125K)

I liked the style but the gameplay felt like a chore to me by the second mission, wish they had gone with the original FPS concept.

I'm kinda interested in a new project from these guys but that aren't gonna happen

>Even more ragtag team of diverse leftie fucks like in fucking 2.
I'm still salty we didn't get an actual band of madlad partisans like the Anarchy's Children item pack hinted at but in the end it was still a fairly militaristic group

i wanted the literal dregs of society fighting a despotic Utopian army

When games have such high levels of lethality, that just what ends up happening. Its why pod crawling is a thing. If they want to pull away from alpha striking, then being in the open when a pod is revealed needs to not be a death sentence.

As far as the options the player normally has, your offensive options are generally far better than your defensive. It is hard for players to build up armor, and even when you do, it will generally only block around 20% of the damage being thrown at you while your HP soaks the rest, and even then you can only take 2, maybe 3 hits before dropping.

Healing is also an issue, as it is extremely hard to administer first aid early in the game, when it is needed the most. I actually liked how getting your shit pushed in, then gremlin healed was not enough to keep you fresh. A soldier actually needed some real doctoring before they were back to 100%, but getting there took way too much damn time.

I hope it's less story missions and more of a sandbox than 2 was. EU managed to find a decent balance between story and sandbox.

autism

>Hopes
TFTD
>Fears
Another reboot

Attached: absolute unit.png (1280x720, 739K)

Same person

it's the dumbest stealth system they could have come up with.

the one thing they absolutely need to do is scrap the pod-reveal system

They should also scrap the cover system and return to the OG X-Com diceroll system.

>hopes
enhanced character pool
>fears
no character pool

legit the only reason i bothered playing the shitfest that was 2, and if it existed for EU/EW i'd be playing that and nothing else

>more hopes
terror from the deep with actual love and care and no square enix type shitty redesigns or obvious lovecraftian bullshit
>more fears
they're going to shit all over the legacy and release some anti-xcom bullshit with ant farms and one skyranger again, abilities for the sake of abilities, and lobster men that'll just be reskins of berserkers with armour, and they'll continue with the chosen horseshit only they'll just be a regular "commander" enemy with no personality anymore, and can't respawn when killed, just an endless army of clones
>worse
it'll continue after the events of XCOM2 instead of the real game AKA EU/EW and will focus heavily on the shitty factions rather than XCOM itself - you'll either pick a faction to play as or you'll be working for all of them and they'll dumb down the game even more by only requiring you to manage their disposition, no fucking panic or global anxiety or what

says you
to me it was just a slightly more enemy dense defend the array mission only in reverse, you have to reach the array and destroy it
it would have been nice if each mission wasn't the exact same fuckin' thing I.E the snipers lair was a big open area like in the base defence where he sniped at you constantly, the assassins lair was some forest with shitty LOS, etc etc, but no, it's just a factory with nothing but advent in it lol
the chosen are some of the coolest enemies but they're a one shot wonder, once you've fought them once you've seen all they have to offer lol
they could have at least made one for each xcom class, i would have liked seeing a grenadier one and a support one

What ever happened to Terra Invictus or whatever, the game those Long War fags were supposedly working on? Meant to be like XCOM but set in the future and across the entire Sol system, with factions and faggotry a little like Apocalypse etc?

the chosen should have had a skill tree instead of just gay generic passives

>Hope
like xcom 1
>fear
like xcom 2

>They should also scrap the game and return to the OG X-Com system.

XCom set in the 50s, where you're fighting of Roswell ayylmaos and trying to keep things under wraps.
Kinda like the Bureau, but still turn-based.

They still have monthly devblogs and you shouldn't expect a XCOM-like.

Attached: Screenshot_20190831-134839.png (720x1280, 225K)

enjoy

Attached: screen016.png (1920x1080, 21K)

I think they retroactively did well by NOT trying to re-create X-COM 1:1. And The Long War alone is reason to get these games.

More generous time limits so I can see more crying from shitters who cannot play games.

I'm a simple man.

Attached: 05aaa28bb4491a52fb8a59c1296ab2eb.jpg (600x615, 58K)

Actual simulated shots and terrain destruction physics.

Time limits were already pretty generous in the base game, even on legendary you could complete most missions on time without problem if you knew what you were doing, anyone complaining about them was a certified shitter.

If anyone has the "Yellow alert mod" it makes Pods feel "right". Basically the sounds of combat pull pods in. If they see a dead body they also get more alert and patrol the map more quickly in combat stance.

It doesn't feel too unfair either, as they don't rush into combat but rather try and locate where the fight is first. It does make attacking the ayy lmao bases much cooler.

X-piratez actaully does a lot right when it comes to multi tier recuritment.

>Start from shitty peasents, get gangsters who are kind of shit and then mercs with great stats but high costs.
>Different levels all get their own gear.

If anyone has the "Yellow alert mod" it makes Pods feel "right". Basically the sounds of combat pull pods in. If they see a dead body they more alert and patrol the map more quickly in combat stance.

It doesn't feel too unfair either, as they don't rush into combat but rather try and locate where the fight is first. It does make attacking the ayy lmao bases much cooler.

The stealth system isn't a proper stealth system. It's quite "action stealth" it allows you to attempt to take out a pod for "free". Then all hell breaks loose.

You can literally mod it so you only get guys and gals with proper operator gear spawning.

I don't really care desu, I'm just happy LW1 got made.

Which is nice, but it doesn't fix the fact that you're fighting TEH EEEEEEEEEEEEVIL GOVERNMENT instead of protecting your fucking planet from alien scum.

Hope it ain't XCOM2 or anything from it.

youtu.be/Vn7bvvCUzKc

Attached: IMG_20190519_011721.jpg (2043x1298, 487K)

Nah, I'm just one of those people who hears about games in microgravity with all the associated effects and it tickles my funny bone.

I played Dead Space 2 and the new Prey multiple times just so I could go through the micro-gravity sections.

Expansions kinda ruin XCOM 1/2, though.

The fucking chosen popping up in the worse moments ruined that DLC for me.

Yes, let me pop-up during a timed mission with like 20 aliens already and you're halfway through it, what could go wrong!?

no power ranger clown shit, I'm not asking for milsim faggotry but at least some resemblance of realism would be appreciated

2's stealth system sucked, though. You couldn't actually attempt to kill an AYYY without alerting everyone else.

At that point it was like "why the fuck did they bother?"

That was my biggest disappointment with the War of the Chosen that there wasn't any Vipers with the Skirmishers.

Attached: 1506876100936.png (3000x3000, 1.8M)

Arma Tactics? Jagged Alliance? That 80's Cold War XCOM like that I'm forgetting the name of...? Phantom Doctrine I think it's called...?

There's literally non-AYYYY XCOM-likes, the quality of them is mixed. But you can't say they're all AYYYY LMAO killing simulators.

Go back to the original. These new versions suck.

Yeah, pretty sad about End State, all the devs except one left the team and are doing mobile games now

That it's going to be EGS exclusive.

I wish they would bring back the more simulated combat of the original instead of the current boardgame style of combat in the new ones

>Hopes
Epic Games Store exclusivity

>Fears
wider Steam release, allowing the plebs in

I almost prefer the endless timer missions of vanilla Xcom 2

watching phoenix point lets play and it hugely disappointed me, pp feels awkward and lots of bugs. they may fix the bugs but I dont think the style will change. xcom2 chosen dlc was the best but I think we need more robots and vehicles in xcom 3 I missed them in 2

jagged alliances got rebooted so often, most of them suck. jagged alliance in xcom style would be awesome

Kek

I liked the dumbed down version more than the original xcom. the flow was smoother. but maybe we can get some features back like prone and kneeling. plus vehicles.
and partly remove the free action for aliens when discovered.

I've played through Xcom 2, WotC and WotC+tons of mods and no matter what kind of setup I've done, the weaknesses of the pod system are ever present.
There are mods that alleviate some of the more glaring issues, like ones that tell you if moving to a certain space will alert a previously stealth-scouted pod, or the RPGO where you can give all your soldiers shadow (or whatever keeps them from being concealed with the whole squad), but even those features can't fix everything.

Early game, you spook a second or God forbid third pod before killing half of the first, you are utterly screwed and cannot win 90% of the time. Late game, you just setup in stealth to mercilessly fuck the first 1 or 2 pods you find with proximity mines, overwatch and power weapons and then stroll through the rest of the mission no problem. Rinse and repeat.

For late game, they really should have had all 3 chosen revive for one last mission where you fight all 3 in a different level, maybe in the old Xcom EU base because reasons+nostalgia.
The chosen are annoying enough that they demand to be eliminated asap, and once they're all dead the game kinda just limps along until endgame.
I don't know why Firaxis insists on frontloading 75% of the actual "custom made" content in the first 10-20 hrs. of the game.

Attached: 1566151106882.png (569x629, 656K)

If you hope the game bombs might as well hope they dont make a new one

that already happened in Enemy Unknown with 50% female soldier rate

RECRUITABLE.SNEKS.

it's kinda shit there are not a lot of game companies that make games like that

xcom is kinda shit not a lot of weapons variaty then there's the retarded aim system and the time limit

i hope the aliens fuck humanity even more

xcom 2 is not commandos behind enemy lines

use a mod and recruit an all reaper team. then you can invisible kill everything on the map

I’d just like more environment diversity, Xcom two got stale with every mission being wide open. I want some cramped buildings to clear

>XCOM 3
Didn't he fuck off to go make Phoenix Point because he was tired of Firaxis and that game turned into a laughing stock when they signed a 1 year exclusivity contract with Epic Games and won't give their backers (who paid $100+ for their steam preorders etc) their game for an entire year?

>Hopes
XCOM 1 and 2 covered both sides of the fence. You go from a UN-aligned paramilitary force to a literal terror cell, and both sides are done really entertainingly. I'd like for 3 to have a different take on that. Maybe focus more on spooks in more condensed but detailed encounters. Just a few MIBs visiting a sleepy little town to gun down a couple snakes or something and they have to account for not letting stray rounds hit civilians or making too much noise.
Or maybe something more exploratory, like having to send in units to search old ancient ayy bases hidden in pyramids or something.
>Fears
Thin Men returning.

Wrong guy, user.

Attached: julian gollop.jpg (1500x844, 460K)

>*record scratch*
>yep, that's me..

Attached: 1547128890274.jpg (715x1071, 87K)

I want open X-com with good animations and hot waifus, that's enough

this

Based

Attached: 1560468643374.webm (320x240, 496K)

xcom2 was trash EW was a lot better

sounds like you got filtered

looks like shit but god damn I want a modern TFTD so bad I just might play it

Vanilla xcom and xcom 2 definitely had enough content to justify their price. Paying $45 for a bunch of new mechanics is perfectly fair in relation to how dlc normally work nowadays.

The non-expansion dlc is indeed garbage for both games though

Looks like that one underwater tycoon game

Source?

I hope they actually simulate the shots so you can hit aliens next to your intended target should you miss. They're probably using the same enigine though so it'll never happen.

Heh. That Hunk in the background.

i just want a silent storm remastery