Kamurocho, home

Kamurocho, home...

Attached: YAKUZA-KIWAMI-2_20181118002629.jpg (1600x900, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iJyYrrDKYZE?t=50
as.com/meristation/2019/08/26/noticias/1566801783_050718.html
playstationlifestyle.net/2019/08/26/judgment-sales-have-surpassed-expectations-in-the-west-sequel/
pushsquare.com/news/2019/08/judgment_sequel_on_the_cards_as_sales_expectations_in_the_west_are_surpassed
youtube.com/watch?v=4tmkm7KB8KU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dragon engine felt good in judgment but it will forever limit kiwami 2 and 6 on ps4 at least

At least it was till I fucked everything up.

Attached: ss_02.jpg (1024x576, 151K)

I like the gameplay idea, pity about the franchise they decided kill to do it.

Without spoilers, because i haven't played 6, is kiryu straight up not coming back as mc?

No, he's not coming back.
The most we could hope for is maybe a cameo or secret boss in some future game.

Judgment was still pretty clunky.

This unironically looks like more fun than 6 or K2. I thinks it's cute that this is how Ichiban sees fights in his head.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2280x1080, 480K)

It's more of a "we can leave things the way they are and Kiryu's story will be done" done, but not "we can literally NEVER write a game with Kiryu again" done.

Do I buy the recollection now for an extra third of the price on digital or what until physical? I've played 3-5 before but I'm gonna buy it regardless at some point.
I'll give it a chance because I like the story and characters as well. I hope bosses are still awesome. It's definitely something I'd only want to see for one game though.

I actually really like the turn based RPG idea, especially because realistic modern settings are so rare for that genre.

The problem is changing the genre of their main series for it. I feel like if they had made Judgement the rpg (which would fit with the more strategic thoughtful vibe and character) it would have been much better received. Save the genre twists for a spinoff.

it still boggles my mind that it wasn't Judgment - the detective game where you play a civilian who shouldn't be able to take on huge crowds of people alone

Attached: 1567217664316.jpg (1000x1090, 362K)

>dragon engine felt good in judgment
Nah. Clunky as fuck and strangely ugly.

After 14 years, it unironically feels like it.

>we can leave things the way they are and Kiryu's story will be done
So like literally every single game?

Yeah but going back to finish Kiwami 2 after Judgment feels like a slog in every fight. Yagami's faster style + a better engine was worlds apart.

you think that after all these games using the same exact map they would have pretty much every building enterable but even in kiwami 2 there's so little of them that you can actually go into

and then you have 4 which opened up another world underground

3/4/5 collection on steam when

Attached: kiryu4.png (425x356, 229K)

after they port 6 and judgement
so like 2021

Nah, they brought K2 before 6 and that came out after, so they'll probably bring the trilogy or judgement over next

Attached: yakuza.png (1280x1600, 2.26M)

have something less gay

Attached: 1562787840617.jpg (874x907, 1.03M)

I can not stand how sluggish Kiwami 2 feels. I would easily prefer to replay the original.

was this made for ants?

I am flying out to Tokyo in 24 hours.
What am I in for bros?

Attached: 1563043314107.jpg (576x1024, 336K)

weebs

Get me Tauriner+.

Considering K2 came out despite financial reports having 6 listed as PC they'll probably do the remasters before that, if they do it but it seems pretty likely.

For the people who got 3 Remastered digitally, do you get Ukiyo's Bell for having save data? I can't find any info at all if they left it in for people or not. Do you get any save data bonuses period?

I just got the bell as is. Judgment and FotNS only gave me gold plates. It's weird.

>want to play the same shit over and over

Yakuzas are retards

I honestly got bored of it in Yakuza 2, and to this day I still don't get how people could have the "its fun to see how it changes throughout the games" mentality when effectively, very little actually changed.

This is literally my dream game. I never knew I wanted this, but combat has always been the weakest part of these games.
I really hope they go all out though. If its just basic ATB then way to drop the ball Sega. But if its really dynamic, and they add lots of interactivity as well as set ups for assists and combos, then this could be my dream RGG game.

I love Ichiban because his character allows for a lot more range than Kiryu, and we got a new locale as well. If the combat delivers too, then all that's left is a good story an characters. Haven't played Judgement and Im not sure if I will, but 6 was a bit lacking in that regard.

>less gay
>Majima
You do know that 90% of the japanese fandom on social media is fujos dressing up as Majima and Kiryu right? They're also the vocal group hating on Ichiban already because his looks and demeanor are less clean and he's less stoic than Kiryu.

This post would only make sense if people were complaining about a spin-off. Complaining about a decade old franchise doing a complete 180 out of fucking nowhere for no reason is legitimate criticism.

pic related

>for no reason
They should've done this years ago. 3 should've done this.
Yakuza combat is literally one of the worst and most repetitive and brain dead combat systems out there. Them actually acknowledging that and trying something new, instead of going "fans are gonna buy it anyway lol" as they have been doing for a decade now, is a pretty good reason if you ask me.

Are you sure you're replying to the right guy?

next year after feb

nobody asked you

This is a good thing. The combat has NEVER been anything to write home about in these games. This is coming from a decade long fan. My favourite Kirtu is 5 Kiryu, and even that can be completely brain-dead. The fact it's turn-based makes this a very unique setting IMO.

Attached: 547687564358654.jpg (1440x1440, 572K)

I actually think it fits the new saga perfectly.
If they ever do a game in Kamurocho again, sure give it the ol' arcade brawler style.

But here we have a new saga with new characters, a new city and new systems. It's fitting to introduce something new as well.
If it was the same then it would be just another entry and people would connect them all the time.
This encapsules the departure and new start.

>setting

formula*

This. With the old style, people would just play a Kiryu game without Kiryu. Its been a Yakuza staple, but in reality it was as much Kiryu as it was Yakuza, due to his "Dragon of Dojima" status as a top fighter.

Now they play an Ichiban game with an Ichiban style.

If this is your argument then why not do it with Judgment? New characters, new story, new job, his entire story revolves around his friends, he's just a normal guy so he can't take stuff on by himself, etc. Ichiban is supposed to be Kiryu's successor and take on his mantle in a sense on top of being involved with all the regular characters of the series whereas Yagami is just a random guy.

They should've made Judgment the turn-based game. The game with the civilian who actually would need help from friends, and clients from cases.

Every decision they've made after 0 has been absolutely retarded thus far. Ever since the trainwrecks that were the Kiwamis and 6.

I got to visit real life kamurocho recently. Pretty cool how accurate the games are to the real thing.

Attached: 20190803_191901 - Copy.jpg (3264x1836, 1.58M)

>Haru-ka

Attached: 1566966744525.jpg (194x226, 24K)

Seeing Kabukicho and Shibuya in real life after playing Yakuza and Persona 5 respectively was pretty cool.

Kamurocho

Judgement isn't a new start for the saga. Its a spin-off of Yakuza games.

If 7 gets a spin-off, it might be turn based too.

Attached: consume product.jpg (834x574, 154K)

Doesn't change anything because the other aspects of it justify the change of gameplay far more than Ichiban does.

>Judgement isn't a new start for the saga. Its a spin-off of Yakuza games.
Exactly. So why isn't it using the turn-based system? Everything about it fits Yagami's journey and could work perfectly fine while Ichiban can use the various mechanics Judgment itself introduced us to minus Mortal Wounding, but even that could still be there if they wanted, and it would still be fresh, particularly since it's in a brand new area. You have wall jumps, sliding around, leapfrogging, charge attacks, and so on and you're telling me that's not enough to make it feel like they're adding on a bunch of new mechanics to make him seem fresher and more agile?

I also don't mean to say charging attacks is new, I just mean there's more of a reliance on it with Yagami compared to someone like Kiryu.

Same. The game has everything it needs to have to potentially be my favorite entry in the franchise.

>bored of the same location? New location!
>bored of the same characters? New cast!
>bored of the same mechanics? New mechanics!
It really has to shit itself to not end up my fav at this point. I'm not even hyped for this, but just judging from what it offers, it will be fresh as fuck

>other aspects of it justify the change of gameplay far more than Ichiban does.
Not at all.

>So why isn't it using the turn-based system?
Because its a spin-off of the same game. Are you retarded?
>Everything about it fits Yagami's journey and could work perfectly fine
No it doesn't. Judgement makes a lot of use of the combat in terms of a detective fighting his way through the underground, as well as tying in with the cinematic feel of it. Are you retarded to not see this?

Ichiban's game on the other hand is build from the ground up to have this new system. Of course it Just like other anons pointed out already.

Btw, the retarded questions are all rhetorical. I feel like I need to point that out due to your tripfaggotry in these threads that made it clear that you're a bit light on braincells.

I hope you are at least aware of the irony posting this in regards to fucking video games right?
Not to mention that Jay's sarcasm obviously went over your head as well.

came here to post this

>a spin off with some new stuff justifies a fundamental change to the basic mechanics more than a completely new title that's fundamentally constructed around the new basic mechanics
this is your brain on japanese media

>sarcasm

lmao

I don't think you understand.

Your whole point is literally that the change is bad because it is a mainline Yakuza game. That's it. That's your point.
I don't know why you waste so much time with useless redundancy when your point is just the same old point faggots used to make since the dawn of time:
>change bad!

Yeah the guy recommending capeshit movies and other corporate hackjobs totally means what he said here.....
Or maybe Jay really is that stupid, who knows.

Japan hates it, and now they're further alienating the international audience they only just garnered. I'll gladly watch this trainwrecks from a distance while playing 5 remaster.

Attached: dude.jpg (1280x720, 220K)

You completely missed the point.
Go be a brainlet somewhere else.

How often do I have to make the Hostess maker in Y3? My second bitch is now No. 4 and I'm bored with this already.

the only people who likes the change is people never liked Yakuza to begin with.
Already fucking tired of people saying Yakuza combat was "boring" or "bad"

>Japan hates it,
???
Most votes were positive on social media, so I'm not sure what you're talking about unless you wanna discredit that and just go by some comments.

But then again, Japan hates everything and their "fanbases" are known to be absolute cancer.
I mean we're talking people here who literally destroy their dics and post them on social media because a voice actress lost her virginity.

>Because its a spin-off of the same game.
Means nothing. You can be a spinoff set in the same world and still be a spinoff, you don't need the same gameplay. Is Dead Souls now not a spinoff because it's a third-person shooter?
>Judgement makes a lot of use of the combat in terms of a detective fighting his way through the underground
Except the vast majority of his fights involve taking Kaito, Sugiura, or Higashi to help him out. He does do stuff on his own but more often than not he has some form of a party with him regardless. To add onto this the entire side content revolves around him making a bunch of friends and culminates with a Side Case where every single one helps him out. Turning it into an RPG would change nothing about this aspect, he's still throwing himself into the Tokyo underground fighting his way through it, and it would still show he's just a random civvy who can't handle stuff on his own.
Meanwhile, Ichiban's entire purpose is to succeed Kiryu (Not literally) and if Ichiban isn't handling a lot of fights on his own with support on the side then I don't really understand how you think this would work.
>Ichiban's game on the other hand is build from the ground up to have this new system
So what's stopping Judgment from having this new system and being built from the ground up while Yakuza 7 plays like the rest of the Yakuza series? Again, this situation suits Yagami far more than it does for Ichiban.

My point is that people go into a Yakuza game expecting a beat 'em up in an open city. That's what the series sells you on. To add to this, you are trying to make Ichiban the next face of the series in lieu of Kiryu and yet he's already shown he needs a backup crew to even fight regular mooks. Why make such a drastic change in a mainline game when you literally created a side game to explore different avenues? The entire purpose of Judgment is to try new things, that's the whole reason it's made.

You must've been tired a long time then user. Because we've been saying that since PS2 days.
Maybe its time to go to sleep already.

I've been playing the games since 2008, and the combat has never been great
Just mediocre with every entry. Main pull for the series is the virtual vacation, music, cool bosses, and goofy shit. Anyone who says they play these games solely for combat is full of shit.

Can we take a moment to appreciate how fucking ugly this looks. This is some fullbright_1 tier garbage.

>moose seething
Good. What would be even better is if you left these threads entirely.

>My point is that people go into a Yakuza game expecting a beat 'em up in an open city. That's what the series sells you on.
lmao no

the series sells on its Japanese underworld setting, cheesy Yakuza crime stories and ridiculous yet charming side stories. The games literally never sold on their beat em up aspect because the games are far too padded out to be enjoyable as a beat em up.

fuck off tripfag

what votes?
every single twitter comment and comments on the gameplay video THAT GOT PULLED DOWN BTW were all negative

>Means nothing
And yet it obviously does because Judgement didn't make that change. So you seething about it won't do you any good. You lost, get over it. This is our franchise now.

I don't mind the change, but god damn does it look slow as fuck.

>every single twitter comment and comments on the gameplay video THAT GOT PULLED DOWN BTW were all negative
First of all: lies. They were not ALL negative. Sure, a lot of people were/are seething and spamming but saying it was ALL negative is shit.
>what votes
Is this a joke?

All I want is to tiger drop cunts, I'm a sucker for parrying mechanics.

>the series sells on its Japanese underworld setting, cheesy Yakuza crime stories and ridiculous yet charming side stories
and the minigames, the fighting on the streets, the ridiculous and brutal moves, using your environment as both a weapon or as an arena, the characters, and the music. The ability to run around, pick shit up, and attack enemies with it while swinging them around or brutally stomping on them however you please is very much an appeal of the series and to deny it is ridiculous. Obviously the games will still have Heat Actions (Skills), and you'll most likely be able to pick stuff up, but now it's going to be stilted rather than something you can just do at the drop of a hat however you want with whatever you want.

>Seething
You guys are blowing this out of proportion. I'm going to play 7 regardless of the changes because that's what the series is about. I want to see Ichiban, Yokohama, and the various new changes they made to the series, I'm just confused as to why they would opt to do this in a main game and not a side game when it makes far more sense to experiment with major changes there. You wouldn't have any backlash if this was the case whatsoever.

>First of all: lies

HAHA FUCK OFF

I was in the live fucking chat, and saw all the comments before saga nuked the live presentation video. Post these polls you're going on about. Japan HATES change.

Yakuza 3 had the best combat - sharp punches and kicks, I really enjoyed being unbeatable god Kiryu in it. Also it had best coliseum was insane variety of modes

I welcome the change because screw the boring ass combat that still feels like its a 2007 arcade cabinet.

But this only means that the threads are gonna be even worse now.
>0 being a success and bringing in new people has threads in turmoil about nu-fans and "0 babbies"
>PC ports have threads in turmoil about shitposters
>now this
Threads are gonna be the worst we've ever seen. There was a time when it was just a couple of tripfags you needed to filter to have a good Yakuza thread on Yea Forums.

>can't get combat right/tight
>give up and change genres

Attached: Diablo-Immortal.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

>HAHA FUCK OFF
Jesus christ get a grip.
And secondly, its still a lie. I don't even know how you can even imagine that anyone would think that 100% of twitter comments were negative. Not even here, in shitpost central you have that much negativity.

>musou style combat
>b-b-but you can pick up bicycles and hit enemies with it!!
>b-b-but it has little in game cutscene finishers who are le epic!
fuck off tripfag

post those "votes"

>thinking Japan aren't capable of unanimous seethe
lmao

I'm only in chapter 3, does the endless blocking get better, more moves to guard break?

If you ever played a RGG game for the combat then you were doing it wrong.
Its 95% story and 5% putting up with the mundane combat.

I don't even know how people can possibly react this strongly to this change. Outside of Japan of course, because this user is correct: if Japan hates anything then its change.

The most flattering thing you can say about the combat in RGG is "it exists."
Its there as a means to an end, but has never ever been more than that. Its a backdrop to the story. It certainly wasn't remarkable or outstanding in any way. It wasn't particularly bad either but as said, it was "just there."

Threads have started going to shit with 5 desu, but for similar reasons.

Japan has fucking hated the series since 6. 7 is just game over.

I just want a good 3D brawler,everything else is a plus

Not him but the japanese youtube trailer votes are more positive than negative

i'm not sure, but i think he means the bulletin votes though

AI blocking? Just sway behind them and beat the shit out

I played the games for more than one single aspect, you fucking gobshite. The combat has always just been serviceable as best.

yeah the fucking story trailer
come back when someone reuploads the gameplay demonstration

>The combat has always just been serviceable as best.
That's exactly what I'm saying though.

I never implied otherwise.

Ok then

Instead now you're trading that for standing in place, picking out your action from a menu, and watching your guy pick something up or use something instead of being able to do it actively essentially taking twice as long to do the same things but with less input from the player. Hell, we don't even know if you CAN pick anything up from the environment right now. Plus, since Heat Actions are going to be skills that means seeing them more in the new game than you would in the old games, I'm not sure how this isn't obvious.

The original system wasn't perfect and was mostly serviceable, but it still worked for giving you a variety of ways to take tackle a fight and asked you to dodge or block in return. I don't understand how you can make the argument that the original system is worse than the one we're about to get when, going off the gameplay footage and assuming the April Fools video is roughly accurate to what we're going to see, it looks like a far more limited gameplay system.

Kenzan and 3 have the same problem. If you're hitting from the front and they block you need to back off and as soon as they drop their guard start on the offensive again because they have a cooldown. Otherwise get to their back, the back is always open.

This is why people hate gamers.

A virtual toy about some fictionalized Japanese people and setting gets a change and nerds start acting as if someone just raped their mom.

Get a fucking grip you autists. If you spent more than one post, conveying your stance on this, and actually debate this shit, then you have a problem and need to seek help.

Also, remember to take a break every hour and stretch your wrists please.

youtu.be/iJyYrrDKYZE?t=50
Don-don-don-don-ki

Attached: donquichote.png (790x544, 20K)

>yadda yadda bla bla
not even reading your post past your first sentence tripfag, but if you really think that the combat they've already shown doesn't inherently allow for way more situations and combos and set ups for effects than a musou style brawler that every monkey can master, then you are a bigger retard than I previously assumed

i love how you're seething and still try to actually argue as if you're right

Don Quijote is the only place I ever had bad experiences with shop employees in Japan, place is packed with Indians

Thx, just finished Judgment the week before. All the sweeping movies spoiled me.

Why are indians even allowed in Japan? It's bullshit.

>be me
>enjoy yakuza games
>see the change
>know I'll enjoy it too
>people are seething
day 1 buy for me, plus the bonus of dabbing on faggots stuck in the past

piss off you fucking idiot
you're not even taking the scope of the change into consideration

Ever encountered a nigga like the one at the popo in Judgment!?

>be me

fuck off back to Yea Forums you underage 0faggot

oh no how dare people get upset that a long beloved franchise is completely changing it's genre entirely
fucking entitled gamers stop rising up and just keep consuming pls

This is quite literally what the franchise has been since day 1 up until now.
Just one copy pasted game after another.

Everytime someone dared to suggest that they could try something new instead of rehashing the same shit over and over again they got pelted with angry 'tards saying they're not real fans and need to leave the franchise alone.
Funny how reality as caught up to them now, as even the devs themselves are tired of the same shit.

If this change doesn't bother you, then you're not a true fan.

>genre
Imagine actually thinking that the games actually revolved around the shitty combat and not around the setting and story.

devs are only changing shit up because they can't even utilize their own shitty engine properly

gameplay is the most important aspect of a video game you fucking retard

>Just one copy pasted game after another.

works for Mario

only 0fags are okay with this drastic change

>doesn't inherently allow for way more situations and combos and set ups for effects
Yeah, of course it does, it's an RPG, there will be multiple ways to fight bosses or enemies and multiple strategies you can utilize. The difference here is you're going to be seeing those things you apparently hate as seen with
>b-b-but it has little in game cutscene finishers who are le epic!
far more than usual since they're skills now so things like buffing, debuffs, and attacks all encompass that. It's most likely safe to assume environmental stuff will still be there, but until TGS I doubt we'll find that out, and they might just end up making everything revolve around what we have equipped and that's it.

They're completely different systems with completely different positives and negatives.

other way around.

me( a true fan) will support this franchise even though bad times, because I truly love it and I'm gonna be with it until the end

you(not a true fan) just like the games as long as they are what you want them to be, and you'll abandon them as soon as they're not, probably even going so far as to wish for its death

me: a cool guy
you: a dweeb

no. i'm here to stay :)

I don't mind it, but I still think it's a really stupid move made at the worst possible time.

Oh I do.
And it already makes the game better.

go shitpost somewhere else

MASSAGE? MASSAGE? MASSAGE? AH, SEX????

Attached: 1566593135038.jpg (583x596, 62K)

If that were true, then you must hate Yakuza games to the core with how shitty and clunky their gameplay is.

There's more to the games than just combat, you simpleton.

>shitpost
I'm genuinely sorry that someone not joining your crusade against change triggers you this much.
Good luck in the coming months user and may you not lose too many hairs over this.

brutal heat

stop feeding acfag

Yea, the story/setting and writing ,aka which the games sell on.
Gameplay has always been an afterthought judging from the execution.
There's a reason why Yakuza is known as a b-movie game.
>inb4 muh minigames
Go back to mario party please.

I meant that combat isn't the only part of the gameplay. Give it a rest, you can't even shitpost properly anymore.

see

This is true.

But I love it. I love it when people are irrationally angry at stupid shit. The threads will be fun.
You just know that at least one faggot angry at the change will start spoilering stuff as soon as the info is out, just to 'stick it' to the people enjoying the game.

what's there to spoil?
ichiban's story is just cuckryu 2.0

>I meant that combat isn't the only part of the gameplay.
That doesn't change anything I said about it.

No it will have a happy ending just like Dragon Quest

I don't think anyone is actually "mad", just baffled. Japan already gave up on this series during 5's ending.

lmao are you literally in every thread pretending that its just one guy not hating the change?

Oh trust me, people are actually mad.
Video games are serious business for incels and autists.

>y3 had the best combat
I just played it and I found combat to be an absolute chore before you get the Komaki moves
>even the fucking shittiest thug spends most of his time blocking
>can't grab big guys because fuck you
>random stuns
>every boss has some counter preventing you from using strings against them, you need to wait it out and whiff punish by stepping behind them unless you have tiger drop/komaki parry
I found myself actively avoiding random encounters to spare myself from going through two minutes of dumb shit.

Judgment felt like shit because Yagami stops after a few hits and just freezes for several seconds. It was beyond fucking annoying.

This genuinely looks much more enjoyable than anything this stupid engine has given us thus far. I'm pretty sure the devs understand people are fucking sick of subpar button mashing.

Attached: 1567211314432.jpg (524x351, 36K)

it's enjoyable at times but
>not doing any sort of fucking damage until the last chapters
>enemies keep blocking fucking everything
>heat dies down instantly
>3 exact same QTEs in last boss fight and slightly less in others
anything chronologically before in story was better

Attached: 1556185400678.png (1280x720, 517K)

I'm just baffled at not choosing Judgment to experiment with this system, not so much the choice of actually going RPG since they experiment a lot with various things like BP, Kenzan, Ishin, and Dead Souls (Though the samurai games are more in line with the rest of the series than the other two). It's going to be interesting to say the least, I just hope equips can actually be seen on your character since they're putting an emphasis on the RPG aspect.

Attached: Love sweet love.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

>sales continually declining with each new title in Japan for several years now
>international sales not really amazing either despite rise in popularity
>omg why the change reeeeee

Same with why they didn't choose K2 to be the experimental game for this engine instead of 6 aka Kiryu's final fucking game.

>make an English dub for Judgment
>sells better than expected
>international sales not really amazing

Sure buddy.

They just wanted to do something different, and thank fuck for that. They said they'd go back to the old boring brainless combat if you retards didn't like this anyway.

Do we know what their expections were?

anyone can just say random shit
barely anybody knows about Judgment
show me some sales numbers that prove Judgment sold well

them making an English dub means nothing
do you even have proof that it sold well overseas
it's Japanese sales were mediocre

Their expectations were officially exceeded. Pumping money into the dub and then still exceed your goal is a good sign.

Do you really believe everything you read?

In retrospect they probably should have done the first DE game with Judgment, then make K2, then 6, same as they did with the other two test games. K2 would be ironing out stuff Judgment didn't get down too well while starting to set up Kiryu's stuff, and then 6 would come out with a proper Kamurocho, Kiryu's DoD is finally ironed out, they'd probably be able to get Onomichi to be one full map instead of separated into three parts, and then you'd also get carry over stuff from Judgment and K2 like friendship attacks and so on.

>anyone can just say random shit
as.com/meristation/2019/08/26/noticias/1566801783_050718.html
playstationlifestyle.net/2019/08/26/judgment-sales-have-surpassed-expectations-in-the-west-sequel/
>The game’s producer Daisuke Sato said “From our point of view, Judgment’s performance in the West has surpassed our expectations, they’re very good.”
It also did 97% of the Japanese stock, but Nagoshi mentioned that only happened after the whole scandal so people were buying up all the copies with OG Hamura on it.

Also you have to keep in mind that it was a more expensive union dub (unlike Lost Paradise which was non-union)

>as.com/meristation/2019/08/26/noticias/1566801783_050718.html

lmao
again they can just say their expectations were exceeded, doesn't mean its true

i can agree on the fullbright-like feeling, but to be honest i feel that's something the dragon engine has been struggling with for a while in advance as is. Somewhat irrelevant to the argument but i'd say the PS2 games were the best at creating proper mood, staging dark and light at least in the city rather well.

Attached: 1550807090720.png (607x375, 271K)

I just don't see how the RPG stuff isn't gonna kill this series.

looks amazing compared to how washed out Judgment was

their expectations are completely subjective
show actual sales numbers or fuck off

Summer hit for the PS4, suck my dick faggots

pushsquare.com/news/2019/08/judgment_sequel_on_the_cards_as_sales_expectations_in_the_west_are_surpassed

see

>RGG staff: hey guys how do we make the combat even more of a repetitive slog
>Nagoshi: hold my carrot juice

I'd like Judgment a lot more if the MC didn't dress like my sister did in the 90s. Is acid washed jeans, white sneakers, wife beater, and a leather jacket a popular look in modern Japan?

They had the lighting right with 6 albeit a bit too bright in Kamurocho, and the mornings looked a bit too bright as well. I'd hazard a guess the reason the lighting took a hit was more to do with how the PS4 can handle the engine more than anything else. Especially since both K2 and especially Judgment look way lighter. Seriously, what was with Judgment in the mornings? It looked so odd at certain angles.

Attached: YAKUZA 6_ The Song of Life Jingai Ferry Dock_.jpg (1920x1080, 280K)

Fine by me, Kamurocho is getting fucking boring.

>eat
>fight
>cutscene

I wonder if this routine will stick in 7.

wow way to steal P5's UI lmao

>reeeeee I want the same game for the 10th time

People have been saying for fucking ages that it's very easy to burn out with the mainline games because they're all identical. This change is positive.

you have to be retarded to think this

Real fans are furious. Yakuza had some of, if not THE best combat in videogames and now all the zoom zooms are going to fuck it up. Zoomers love turn based combat. Older thinking men like god tier brawlers.

Attached: 1559395522434.webm (640x360, 2.53M)

Sweat. I live in tokyo and haven't gone outside other than for obligations in weeks.

Attached: 1565974900678.gif (500x380, 169K)

You'd have to be delusional to not.

>hmm the combat is bad in this game, but they'll fix it in the next one!

Yakuzafags have stockholm syndrome or something. They're as bad as Sonic fans.

My only real question is how satisfying would landing Tiger Drop feel in Yakuza 7?

go away acfag

It's a limit break.

Yep, it’s pretty funny. Just last week people were literally copy-pasting discussions and replies in Yakuza threads, too.
Literally the one group of fans that I will never take any shit from, because I’ve watched them consume garbage for 10+ years.

Also, shut the fuck up about Kiryu in Tekken. Never going to happen and nobody wants it.

>(you)
(you)

They just did fix it though.
Nu-Yakuza has already removed the worst part of the old games and replaced it with something much better and workable.

The level and class names above enemies' heads are 100% those shitty clickbait ads for nonsense browser games you see on social media, this really seems like some kind of elaborate joke.

but that looks terrible

oh man I think this is the 550th time I've seen this webm

>Kiwami 2
Off, yikes, that ain't it chief

They said they were tired of making action games with mediocre gameplay and also said if this game bombed they would revert it back.

Nobody should believe the false-flagging retards here in this thread, nobody thought the yakuza gameplay was anything more than ''passable''.
It was something you wanted to get out of the way to get to the next cutscene and advance the story. It was never engaging.

It's probably going to be a "Use this attack on this turn and if an enemy attacks you you automatically retaliate, but if no one attacks you you miss the next turn" kind of a move. That really seems to be the only way to do it outside of SMRPG-esque button presses before you get hit, but that would be incredibly easy to abuse.

I'm glad I have this one PC to get rid of that awful green tint.

About whatever% it's activation rate would be.

>there are people so butthurt over the change that they're wasting hours of their lifes crying over it online
Lmao@the loosers. At least be a real man and just don't buy it instead of crying like the little girlymen you are. You girlymen bitchboys.

>lifes

go away

We need new webms of insane yakuza combat

Attached: 1562762756552.webm (720x406, 2.4M)

now we can have turn-based combat where enemies just stand around doing nothing!

fixed

I agree with everything you said about the combat but the line about them reverting back to the old style is not quite correct.

Literally speaking the statement said that they "may go back to exploring older solutions" which just sounds like they're gonna tweak it if anything, instead of outright going back.
I really doubt they'd just abandon it, because that would be the most retarded move possible, and basically just give in to haters who just want the devs to do their bidding.
But as said, I doubt they will. Its obviously just PR speech to ease the transition.

>It was never engaging

this
Who you fought always mattered more than the actual fight itself.

Nagoshi literally said that if 7 bombs then they'll go back to the regular style.

I actually think its gonna be like SMRPG because what little they've shown seems to be very dynamic.
There's obviously still enviromental stuff, pick ups and as theyve shown cars and people pushing/damaging fighters in real time.

I guess with special attacks to not to be abusable, you just have a meter or something.

I'm really looking forward how they're gonna use this system creatively.

>I really doubt they'd just abandon it

They literally just abandoned the work they put into Judgment, so why not?

I literally just quoted the actual sentence.
And unless there's another one where he literally says what you say ,then no, he didn't say that.
He said if it doesn't sell they again "MAY" go back to older solutions.

Its obviously just PR speech and honestly, the game probably won't bomb anyway. Yakuza games have a very low bar of what is considered success.

If Yokoyama is the lead writer for 7 then I'm definitely not buying it. Judgment was only enjoyable because of the decent story.

YOU are the one who's delusional here. If you thin Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mairo Oddysey are all the same game, you are actually autistic.

I hope it's faster than this..

Attached: Yakuza 7.webm (960x540, 2.59M)

fuck off to a Nintendo thread

I love this bullshit man.
Yakuza 8 will be a MOBA.

Attached: 1564653466936.jpg (620x670, 76K)

>ACFag plaguing Yakuza threads
I thought he was just a Metroid bopgyman

>ad homs and no actual argument
Shoo shoo, Snoyfag

>I guess with special attacks to not to be abusable, you just have a meter or something.
They could be tied to a Limit Break system of sorts, build it up and then you can manually counter if you time it right a la SMRPG. If you give the player a mix of the turnbased stuff and that kind of active countering I think it could work well for the system they're crafting. Let's hope we see much more at TGS since the April Fools video is obviously much more scripted compared to the footage they showed on stage.

go binging wahoo somewhere else

>physical version of K2 costs more than 60 dollars at most places
what the fuck happened

they couldn't even make a brawler worth a shit after a decade
why do people think this will be any better

Both editions are $30 on Amazon brand new, where are you checking?

>Yokoyama

He is. Note Ichiban's completely unoriginal origin story.

and gta

How do you deal with the thugs approaching you every 2 minutes?

It's fine. They just stand around doing nothing.

I'm sad they decided to use Ichiban to experiment, I thought Ichi looked really cool and I don't think I can tolerate turn based.
At least Judgement will continue.

>I don't think I can tolerate turn based

Then how do you tolerate flat action combat with absolutely zero depth, challenge, or variety?

They'll buy shit games for another decade and tell themselves "they're honing the combat, the next one will get it right" just like they've done the past decade.

I'm afraid it will feel more like I'm telling Ichiban to do something rather than I'm doing it.
Besides, Yakuza and Judgement combat was tolerable even if it wasn't good.

Pottery

concrete forest

>sick we just got the west in our pocket
>let's alienate them again in 2020 lmao

who cares, the release of 3, 4 and 5 were going to reveal how shit this series actually is to a whole load of people. yakuza sales are shit anyway, 0 was the only one that did well.

you're shitposting too hard
you need to be more subtle

He's right though. Yakuza sales really aren't impressive in the West aside from 0.

I remember when someone would call any post criticizing yakuza combat "shitposting" when it was always just a fact. hell, even posting any footage of yakuza combat is now called "shitposting"

in a way it is I suppose. but it's funny that a game with combat so bad that all footage of it seems like a joke is so adamantly defended.

This

/thread

I'm there right now. It's pretty hot but every building is air conditioned. Have fun user, there's plenty to see and do.
Teamlab is cool if you want to see pretty lights, pic related.

Attached: 20190829_204019.jpg (4032x3024, 2.15M)

>I don't like x for y reasons therefore it's shit!
The irony is also astounding.

your rhetoric is just the same in every fucking thread
it's more tiresome than the same 3-4 webms

DAKARA PUREESU

why doesn't anyone blow this guy the fuck out by making counterpoints or posting REAL yakuza combat?

>it's more tiresome than the same 3-4 webms

almost

nah the combat was fucking awful since the dragon engine. it's clearly not made for beat 'em ups. glad they try something new

This. Yes, the combat is SHIT in Yakuza games. We know. We've known for ten fucking years. Stop saying it as if we don't already fucking know. Even SEGA knows by now.

>Yakuza
>a franchise known to be mediocre to outright shit
>devs wanna make it better
>autistic fans hate it
This is gonna be another example of a niche game making it big, with the autistic original fanbase being left behind because they cannot adjust.

>alienate
with what? turn based combat?
you mean the combat system that's been popular for literal decades?

the amount of people liking/not having a problem with tb combat in the west surpasses the handful of Yakuza fans by miles

All that's left is death threats. Would be absolutely hilarious if they tried that shit again.

how fucking dumb are you

this is exactly what I thought when I saw this, they should change the ui at least

Honestly these games get a free pass on Yea Forums because muh Japanese life simulator. Zero was the only decent game, and I've finished every Yakuza game except 3.

reminder that you shouldn't reply to the shitposting autist.

Attached: autism.png (1315x103, 12K)

I don't even know what this is trying to say
But the fact is Yakuza combat sucks dick. If you think only one person on all of Yea Forums says so then you are delusional. I'm willing to bet even you don't think the combat is great but you still can't bare to see others saying so.

Holy shit. You dense motherfucker, how can you be this autistic?

Attached: 1567104203174.png (400x401, 118K)

So, how did the Japanese react to the Yakuza Remastered Collection we will get?
If I'm not mistaken they had to pay full price for every single of the re-releases while we get all in one in a cool package for the price of a regular new release.

We also got Kiwami at a discounted price while they got it at full retail price. They already knew the HD remasters were meant for the western market to begin with and they got them for ¥4700 which is a discounted price compared to a regular release so I doubt they're too pissed off, but at the same time we're paying $20 a game and they're paying roughly $40.

Eat lots of food. Drink lots of booze. Eat Konbini food.

Get a massage in Roppongi.

I dunno. It's a fun city. Do whatever.

i'm going to give it a chance even though i'm not that experienced with turnbased stuff.
i know for a fact that the other yakuza aspecsts will still be there, like the substories and side activites, and i'm really looking forward to the game being set in yokohama as opposed to kamurocho.

>everyone saying the combat was trash and medicore
>mfw im going through yakuza 0 again with no upgrades rush/thug only on legendary difficulty and having absolute FUN punching people forever
am I retarded?

Attached: 1541169500893.jpg (188x268, 8K)

There's literally tonnes of options that they could take to improve the brawler style combat.

I love bouncing people off the ground and the walls but there's not that much difference in combat mechanics across all the games. That said I don't know how you can play Yakuza games without liking the combat because it's the main gameplay element

Zerofags hate basically everything about Yakuza but only played Zero because people were talking about it, so they appreciate that the new Yakuza game that everyone is talking about makes Yakuza a completely different game.
Anyone who actually likes the series hates this change because it changes the game from being a brawler/3D beat-em-up to some dull, lifeless take turn RPG.

In the end, neither will buy it.
One is only pretending to be interested in the game because they hate Yakuza and love that it's killing itself by changing its identity completely.
And the other won't buy it because the game they actually love is being changed to something shit.

>Its 95% story and 5% putting up with the mundane combat.
Why have you been playing a game that's 95% story when the one common criticism of Yakuza is that the story isn't actually very good outside of Yakuza 0?
Because it's not 95% story and you're just being a hyperbolic faggot. No one thinks Yakuza writing is some masterpiece in writing, and that's not why people are playing the fucking game.

Turn based elitist likes to brag how "hardcore" their genre is. But in actually, most of modern turn based JRPGs are so watered down and tedious to play. If they can't even fix the action based combat by creating a variety enemies to fight, why do you think they'll do the same here? They'll just reskin enemies and just swap around weakness at best. Remember the pattern, rinse and repeat. I like the idea that position matters in Y7, but fucking hell, let me do the positioning, not the fucking slow as fuck a.i.

If I ever get to visit, anyone I go with will be weirded out why I'd be so excited by a bus terminal in Shibuya.

You're not going to buy Yakuza 7. No one is. Because turn based combat is what literally no one wanted.

This. I genuinely don't get it. If you really hated to combat, why do you even play it. It has weakness, but those can easily be fixed by fixing their enemy a.i, add more variety to the enemy's fighting style, make them more active, add directional input to add another layer to the combat, limit the item chugging. Fucking hell, changing shit for the sake of change is just lazy.

I'm a PCfag who started with 0 and absolutely loved it. Now I want to continue but I've heard Kiwami 1 is a slog. Is it really that disappointing?

YOU hate it. I don't. I can see that the combat has weakness, but it doesn't mean changing it to an entirely different genre is the way. It's not that they've exhausted their options. Ans they're literally plastering the Persona U.I to pander to that crowd.

>Now I want to continue but I've heard Kiwami 1 is a slog. Is it really that disappointing?
If you play K1 you've been warned. Go in with very low expectations and you may come out not as negative as everyone else.

Kiwami 1 is a Yakuza 0 expansion pack, but now the setting and story is from back when Nagoshi and Sega didn't know what they were doing with the games. It's not bad, but you will feel like you're playing the same game moreso than usual

It improves on some things 0 set in motion like styles (Which now can be swapped instantly), DoD is mostly better than it was in 0 but still not as good as 5, and the new content is pretty okay. It also has some annoyances in the way of Majima Everywhere (Not the actual encounters, most of the unique ones are good, it's because of how often you fight him and how tiring it gets) and how the enemies knock you down with a light tap. It's also a remake of 1 so the story has a part where you literally just help The Florist and Date with their kids to pass the time and the substories are mostly scam ones with a decent one here and there.
Think of it as an expansion pack DLC to 0.

who else /dontgivashit/ here?

they could literally turn the games into trading card games i really dont care. like its just a game, let em do what they want, either its good ir it isnt. and if not, so what?

Good riddance Kamushitshow!

I don't even know how they've gotten away just copy pasting the same fucking game for so long? Only autists like this shit.
Also, thank god the shitty protag is finally gone.
>muh strong and silent type
Go fuck yourself you ching chong lovers. This dude couldn't even carry his own franchise which is why they added tons of wacky shit into it.

I'm not even saying the new games will be any good, but they already removed the three worst aspects of it: the fucking place, the fucking protag and the fucking combat

I'm still confused, but I'll go trash it only when I know it's not good.

>they could literally turn the games into trading card games i really dont care.

Attached: CONSUME.jpg (1200x592, 125K)

Anyone feel like thie gameplay change is them kind of admitting they don't know how to create good combat? Feels like they couldn't get it right with 6 and kiwami 2 and decided "fuck it, just make something new".

It's a shame, there is a lot they could've done with yakuza combat imo. Can anyone rate judgements? I haven't played it but it looks much better than 6/K2 but idk might just because it has more flair

Why the absolute fuck did they decide to test out a complete combat switch for 7 instead of using it for judgement???? It's gonna look incredibly stupid if they go back to normal combat too if there is enough backlash, it'll just put a big stain on the game. If judgement had this and people didn't like it then it wouldn't matter (though the game probably would not sell nearly as well)

Attached: 1558157060491.png (336x328, 53K)

trouble with reading comprehension I see

I think he means that he doesn't give a shit how they experiment, as long as its a good game. And if it isn't then he just won't buy it and its not the end of the world.

But you've been posting that image in reply to the worst possible matching posts anyway. I'm pretty sure you're just looking for any reason to post it by now.

based
>It's gonna look incredibly stupid if they go back to normal combat
not really. ichiban saga can remain turn based and kiryu or whoever picks up kamurocho can remain beat em up

You already played the best one. Yakuza is the series of diminishing returns. Kiwami is shit, 3 is shit, 4 and 5 are okay but there is a lot of tedium and story bullshit in them, and then 6 is fucking terrible. It's really not worth playing so many games which are all so long only for so little payoff. They're only really suitable for players who have literally absolutely nothing else in their lives.

You're lucky if you manage to finish even just 0 without getting bored. But remember, the others are all far worse.

Kiryus saga is completely done. Also they said "if people don't like it we'll go back to old combat".If people don't like it they're not gonna continue using it for mainline games which are the games with the most effort and budget put into it.

This is a completely new chapter in the saga and they're starting it off pretty fucking poorly

I don't really think that's it.
Because if that would be the case they'd probably scrapped the beat em up combat by the time Yakuza 3 came around. It was shit from the get go. If it really took em 6 games plus spin offs to realize then they must be the most retarded devs in the business.

I think its obvious they just wanted to draw a line between this game and the rest of the saga. Or they were just tired of the old combat.

Looks like they brought all those Mafia City game memes to life. I‘m skeptical, but knowing RGG studios it will be a good game.

Nanba...
youtube.com/watch?v=4tmkm7KB8KU

>I‘m skeptical, but knowing RGG studios it will be a good game.
lol

>Also they said "if people don't like it we'll go back to old combat"
That's not what they said. They said they may go back. Not they definitely go back.
Not sure if you just don't know or do it on purpose but there's no use spreading misinformation.

The bomb being a fake in 2 sums up perfectly why the writing in these games is terrible. Nothing ever actually matters or has consequence. Things happen just to have a melodramatic scene which ten minutes later doesn't even matter anymore. Kaz can be stabbed and left to die and then be back on his feet and fine 2 minutes later. These games are full of this shit. It's not even "twists" because that would mean things would have to be foreshadowed or at least still have consequence. But literally everything that you think is happening can be undone at any moment. RUBBER BULLETS is the most extreme example but the games are full of this garbage. It only annoys me because when people point out how shit the gameplay is they defend the games by saying "you idiot, you play for the story" but that makes no sense when they're written so badly.

>hey're starting it off pretty fucking poorly
???
Everything looks better than the last 4 mainline Yakuza games, minus 0 already.
If they don't fuck the story up then this will be the top three RGG after 2 and 0.

Please don't tell me you just say that due to the combat. You're not really hung up on the weakest and most forgettable aspect of RGG right? You know what, don't answer that....

I really wish I could visit Japan, or really any SE Asia country, but their awful drug laws mean I'd be pretty miserable without my pain meds, which would spoil the whole experience.

it's a soap opera after all. what don't you get?

Interesting.
I always wanted to play Yakuza games but the arcade brawler combat for kids, always dragged the franchise down and I couldnt finish any of the three games I tried to play.

Turn based is actually nice and serviceable. No button masher nonsense and just select what you want to do. Probably gonna be the first Yakuza game I'll pick up day one unless some news show that they introduce some bullshit like LGBT representation

>If they don't fuck the story up
How can they? Yakuza writing is already among the worst going in all videogames. It doesn't matter if it makes no sense, something """funny""" will happen and every retard will clap and hail it as another success.
I genuinely struggle to imagine how bad a Yakuza story would have to be before Yakuza fans would actually admit it was bad.

This. It's MEANT to be bad. That's why it's good.

Where did I say they would definitely go back? I was paraphrasing what they said because i'm not gonna bother looking up the exact quote.

0 is overrated. I'm still gonna get 7 but the thing about combat is that it might not be the most important thing about the game but it's what you fucking do constantly, whether you're roaming around the streets, doing main missions, or side stories. You fight a lot and i'd much rather have the beatemup combat that is quick and easy so I can get to the rest of the game. I doubt it'll be that easy with 7 even if it's not true traditional turn based

At first I was mad about the change, but I'm a fan of turn based games with great parties. If you can have some meaningful characters as your party members, then I'm all up for the change.
Imagine Yakuza 0 turn based with your party being Kiryu, Majima, Nishiki and Kashiwagi, for example.

Attached: 1551755456297.png (1250x1775, 3.01M)

having wacky side stories, you expect something serious? it's the ridiculous shit you're signing into

The writing IS shit that much is true, but at least it has a unique charme to it.

There aren't many games in which you help a domina gain confidence to talk to clients by taking her around the city to practice on various people.

There are however plenty of games with shitty "square square square triangle" combat.

oh no, we won't get any more great gameplay like this ;_;

Attached: yak3.webm (495x273, 1.07M)

Yeah exactly. And not just that: but how many turn based JRPGs set in modern day do we actually get? Especially with a Yakuza/crime setting?

Not to mention that if you remove the combat, Yakuza has always been pretty RPGish.

This is llke a dream coming true. I mean I get that some people don't like the change out of the blue; i totally do. But I'd be lying if I said that I'm not 110% on board for this.

The series hardly evolved until 6. I'm not saying it was a perfection evolution, but the seamless building interiors, ragdoll physics, and full voice acting for even sub stories felt like a big step forward. I never found the combat that good, so for me I was able to enjoy 6/Kiwami 2/Judgment a bit more simply because I thought the ragdoll physics were entertaining. It reminded me of The Warriors almost. That being said, while I think the devs are lazy, a major reason why this series has been so stagnant is the fact they pump out entries every year. They've probably been working on this new city for several years, while they've only spent not even two full years on the game 7 itself. If they had the entire studio working on a single game for 4-5 years, perhaps we'd actually see proper improvements and greater evolution. It'd be risky, but if Sega is willing to let Yakuza become a turn-based game and Sakura Wars become an action game, it's far less risky in comparison.

I'm open to the idea of Yakuza becoming turn-based, but making it a mainline entry is beyond stupid. I also have concerns about how the party members work. Will they just pop into existence when you start a battle, or is it proximity-based and they seamlessly join you if you happen to be near them (like in Judgment)? Because if it really is a JRPG party and they're technically with you all the time, that's going to make sub stories and minigames weird, assuming the other party members aren't acknowledged at all

Attached: momoka yakuza.jpg (1074x1074, 370K)

I'd be down with it if it had an option for fixed camera battles like in DQXI. The idea of moving around in a turn based setting just looks so... I'm not even sure how to describe it. It just doesn't look like fun.

I'm not a fan of turn based combat but I just realized this means we'll probably have more meaningful sidestories featuring characters that will become a part member after we complete their questline which I really like. Actually a pretty good upside to this system I think.

so he's right?

Yak has potential. The biggest downside to the combat is the devs having no fucking clue on how to design enemies and AI. ESPECIALLY when it comes to bosses, their idea of making a boss harder is giving them hyperarmor through their attack strings, giving them infinite dodges, and generally recover a lot fucking quicker.

I think the best example is comparing Y0 Majima to his boss K1 version.

>this means we'll probably have more meaningful sidestories
literally no reason to believe this

I doubt it. They could just make it like it always was and make the side characters lifeless 'pokemon', who are just walking sets of skills instead of characters.
Which I hope DOESN'T happen, I want actual party members who have a part in the story.

Yakuza fans will tell themselves anything to justify buying another game no matter how bad it looks. The blind hope that "this one will be good" fuels each purchase, time and time again. Even if it fucking sucks and Yakuza 8 is the same again, they'll buy it, saying "they'll have figured out how to do it good this time"

Even though Judgment combat was WORSE than previous entries they keep buying the newest games because of this blind hope. Maybe it's time to accept the Yakuza devs are fucking useless. But there's no chance of that because LOL MAJIMA DANCE XXDDD

Majima X Kiryu forever.

Attached: tumblr_ovucfrcrXq1qdxl04o1_540.png (540x574, 448K)

We already saw glimpses of this in Y0 though and y6 sorta.

2>3 was a much bigger evolution than 6

>just having fun and not listening to assholes
you're the opposite of retarded

I went to Don Quixote with some Aussies and bought fireworks and lit em off downtown akiba
About 6-7 jap cops on bikes showed up out of fuckin nowhere and collected our passport info
You think I'm gonna get denied entry when I go back? Or this shit will show up in a criminal record check? (My prof has an opportunity for me to do research at a uni in ishikawa and I wanna do that.)
They gave me my fireworks back at the end rofl

You're lucky you didn't get deported.

They collected your info, they didn't arrest you. It shouldn't be a problem when you try to visit the next time. If they ever mention it at the immigration area just be honest about what happened.

this

Kenzan is what you should be pointing to for the jump, not 3, and while it was a pretty big (and great) jump with more areas, a free camera, bigger arenas, way bigger gauntlets, styles, and better gameplay compared to 2 with better lock-on and general combat it did not have as many drastic changes as the jump from Kiwami to 6 did.
With 6 you could enter buildings seamlessly, fights don't need to load the ending at all after you beat someone you just go from walking around to fighting back to walking, you could go to any part of the map and still be able to fight in it with items to pick up, you have grabs based on a person's vertical positioning to you, you can walk around in first person entirely, you have the ability to climb over objects and on top of objects, you can attack enemies on the ground and even hit them while running past them, enemies are far more random, you can take a fight from the outside of a building into a shop, enemies can hit each other with their own weapons, enemies hunt down weapons to throw at you when you're fighting someone else, you can throw enemies into water and yourself fall into water without any contextual action, you can kick objects scattered about into enemies and the enemies can do it to you, and so much more I can't even think of right now. There's also the massive leap graphically which was definitely a big thing back then as well, but with 6 it's pretty crazy how many things they added, dynamic sign lights in particular.

Dragon Engine was a massive jump compared to jumping from PS2 to PS3 even if they didn't get everything right.

I can't be the only one that had a lot of fun with Judgment's combat. Felt like the depth of 6/K2, but with the variety of 0's different styles, perfectly mixed together.

I asked the cops if I was gonna get deported and they all laughed at me

honestly, there's still more they could've done with the dragon engine.
since enemies now react to where they actually get hit now, you could've had attacks on specific parts of the body have a different effect.
there's also more that can be done with heat, like maybe tap into 5's red heat actions and expand upon them more.

This
They only needed a few more games to get the formula right

I don't know what's worse, the combat system or the soulless retarded characters. Just won't be the same without Kiryu.

yeah pretty much
I'm pretty burnt out on the yakuza gameplay after playing all of them for so long so I don't mind the change so long as they do it right
The way everyone just walks around in combat looks off putting though

I've only played Yakuza 0, but i had to force myself to finish it after dropping it for over a year. Idk how anyone can enjoy that combat system. The most fun i had with that game was the hostess minigame.

Black Panther did the body parts thing but the difference here is that Black Panther's system had up and down combos which affected if you hit the head, chest, or legs and it used a stamina system to punish players if they attacked too fast or got hit too much in those areas (Or just wildly flailed and kept getting blocked by damaging your fists). The fighting system was also handled differently; in Yakuza games you can freely wander around and target whoever loosely while BP had you hard-locked onto one single enemy basically ignoring the enemies around you. I don't know if they could work that into the amounts of enemies they fling at you, would a stamina system even work in the game let alone body part focus? It works in BP because you move slower than walking speed unless you unlock yourself and freerun whereas Yakuza games have you moving around freely all the time, and again, you're only focused on a single enemy while barely caring about your surroundings while in Yakuza games you have to consider the entire field and it's a lot faster.

They could probably add it, but the control scheme would be a bit weird because in Black Panther you're using a D-Pad to fight while in Yakuza you're using an analog stick and constantly changing camera angles so up could be entirely different, and how would you even work down combos into the mix? I suppose they could make punches attack the chest and depending on when you use your kicks in a combo it could affect a different body part.

Attached: I don't remember Shinjo's style being this stylish.webm (568x320, 2.91M)

He's in a better place now.

Attached: AHZ0FIfLMcE.jpg (978x1080, 78K)

i really hope they dont bring kiryu back
let the guy rest for christ's sake

how does it make you feel that Judgment was Yakuza 7 all along and that Yakuza 7 was the Spin-off non-canon game all along ?

Attached: Judgement-min.jpg (890x520, 41K)

>Zoomers love turn based combat

Attached: 1558825430354.gif (500x522, 1.78M)