Is Torment: Tides of Numenera worth playing?

Is Torment: Tides of Numenera worth playing?

Context: I like most (modern) isometric CRPGs such as PoE1/2, Tyranny, DOS1/2 and the three Shadowruns.

Attached: e04464b1de9d481a7bf85f4671038cd2_torment-tides-of-numenera.jpg (900x506, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1091980/The_Bards_Tale_IV_Directors_Cut/#app_reviews_hash
imgur.com/a/AtbtTts
imgur.com/a/kxjx3rj
youtube.com/watch?v=9OExrr8xeqE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

play pathfinder kingmaker instead, game in your pic is shit

it seems to me you like consuming shit so go on and get it

It's probably the worst of the bunch, though the first Shadowrun is also a contender for one of the worst. And yes, even Tyranny is better, at least it had an OK spellcrafting system.

I liked it. No idea why it's shitposted so much.

Played Kingmaker already and liked it a lot

Pretty much this.

Don't expect Pillars or D:OS. It's good, it has an interesting world in parts. It's way more reading than exploring)combat which is a plus for some.

Also expect nothing like Planescape Torment. Just a spiritual successor if that.

That said plays Pillars if Eternity if you haven't.

its generally considered the worst of the cRPG renaissance

Well in that case just skip Numenera entirely.

You know people play PS:T for the story because the game sucks? That's true for Numenera but this time the story also sucks.

wait for BG3 or start replaying Icewindale and BG1-2

It's probably the most experimental of the recent crpgs. If you're fine playing rushed and unbalanced game with fresh ideas - get Numenera. If you're looking for solid rpg and fine with shallow and derivative setting full of tropes - play Kingmaker.

thanks for the laughs

Numenera is a cheap money grab parasiting on the idea of it being PS:T spiritual successor. Don't play it.

None of in exile games is worth playing
they all are half assed trash
wasteland 3 include

Give ME Matkina wife!

Attached: Matkina.png (400x400, 217K)

this, Wasteland 2 was the most boring and uninspired game I've ever played

Divinity original sin games are not crpgs

The Game suffers from having too many writers

Ruined the overall experience

This. But I would also say that if you like a sci-fi setting similar to The Book of the New Sun, weird shit in general and a lot of reading, you might like it. Moreover, the writing is not high quality and focuses more on quantity.

Also, purely as a game is lacking.

>It's probably the most experimental of the recent crpgs.

>literally no meaningful game mechanics besides selecting dialogue responses (which is a mechanic present in every other crpg)
>"most experimental"

Attached: 1551259360588.jpg (599x449, 68K)

>Is Torment: Tides of Numenera worth playing?

The RPG Codex utterly despised it despite Planescape: Torment being their favorite game of all time.

Make of that what you will.

It's hardly a game. It "plays" like a tired VN, even moreso than the original Torment, except the constant lore dumps here are poorly written and not that interesting. And every single NPC is a loredump so it becomes seriously tiresome after the first map.

no

To be fair, Chrono Trigger fags despise Chrono Cross despite both games being considered masterpieces
Obsessive fans are often irrational and biased

RPGs like this make me wonder if the people making these things ever sat down and played the fucking things they were inspired from. Same goes for PoE. Jesus christ did these people just listen to their DM ramble on and on at every session?

Nah, who am I kidding

Attached: 1559608813914.gif (477x348, 627K)

>Chrono shit
>Masterpieces
Maybe if you like eating shit.

Because the devs thought that people liked PS:T just for the long winded writing instead of you know actually good content. Numenera talks your ears off but none of it has any substance.

That's not a personal opinion, that is an industry consensus

its most overrated jrpg ever

ROFL.
This is the delusion of chronocucks.

Play Bard's Tale IV instead, or failing that play Underrail, Serpent in the Staglands, and Wasteland 2.

operencia >>>>>>>>>>>>bt4 garbage

Bard's Tale IV was mostly pretty good. apart from art style, visual presentation, level design, and puzzle design.

no it wasn't you in exiile cuck

>Play Bard's Tale IV instead,

They literally downgraded the PC version for console parity:

store.steampowered.com/app/1091980/The_Bards_Tale_IV_Directors_Cut/#app_reviews_hash

>The game suffered a MASSIVE, inexcusable visual downgrade between its original version (which by the way you can no longer buy) and the Director's Cut.

>Don't take my word for it, see for yourself. All original game shots above, director's cut shots are under, in two albums:

imgur.com/a/AtbtTts
imgur.com/a/kxjx3rj

But it was, performance was pretty horrendous considering visual quality, and there were too many niggers,

I already said visuals were shit though, bad art style, the lead character artist is literally worse than me and I'm a fucking amateur, the environments, there are problems with readability, you can get stuck on geometry, there's all kinds of retarded cock ups, but it's still enjoyable, they even added in grid based crawl mode, but I have yet to try it out.

Subpar system that doesn't let you live out your male fantasies but with good storytelling and atmosphere to make up for it.

Nice spacing faggot.

>Is Torment: Tides of Numenera worth playing?
No.
>Context: I like most (modern) isometric CRPGs such as PoE1/2, Tyranny, DOS1/2 and the three Shadowruns.
Yes, in that case.

It is nice isn't it. Makes his post easier on the eyes.

Pretty much. Even Avellone himself said reason why PST had so much dialog was because written word was simply CHEAPER than making any other game assets to convey the same idea. That's the reasoning why game is basically a novel. Numanuma misunderstood verbal diarrhea as key ingredient in "staying true" or however they saw it.

from what I understand poe1 specifically suffered from them literally using the first draft of the script and one of the writers admitted to it. how that happens in a story-heavy crpg is beyond me, though.

It's fun. Story is ok and you have a lot of freedom in how you want to play. I loved it and only complain I have is that it's too short for an RPG.

>from what I understand poe1 specifically suffered from them literally using the first draft of the script and one of the writers admitted to it. how that happens in a story-heavy crpg is beyond me, though.
I don't buy it. Kotor 2 was made in like a year by a smaller team and it has a way better story than poe1, which was made in like 3 years.

Problem partly also lies in the fact Numenera is a REALLY bad choice to make a game like this. It's purposefully vague and unexplained in the books with the kind of "anything goes" approach precisely so the GM and players can fill in the gaps.

Attached: edgelord assemble.jpg (900x600, 177K)

Nice designs, kind of sci-fi + fantasy blend. Very cool, very cool

Actually the whole premise of The Changing God fits Torment game really well. There is nothing wrong with setting per se.

youtube.com/watch?v=9OExrr8xeqE