Epic Games Store roadmap is being revamped, won't show ETD of features anymore

>The Trello roadmap is not fulfilling the goal we set when it was introduced.
>The goal with the Trello roadmap is to provide visibility into the development cycle for the store’s more player-centric feature set.
>While it’s accomplished that to some degree, we’ve missed the mark accurately displaying the timelines for feature delivery.
>We regularly delay feature releases due to shifting priorities and the need for further iteration.
>We’re always focusing on improving, and we believe the Trello can be improved as well.

>What’s changing?
>We’re removing the time of delivery from the board.
>We’ll be focusing on what’s actively in development and providing more granular updates on individually listed features. Looking at the revamped board you’ll be able to quickly assess:
>What’s been recently released
>What’s up next for the Epic Games store and see status updates
>What’s in the plan for future development

>How regularly will you update Trello?
>You can expect updates to Trello every 2 weeks. We’ll let ya know on social whenever we’ve updated the Trello board so you can keep up to date and informed.
>In addition to the regular Trello refresh, we’re going to deliver detailed feature updates when we have larger drops (e.g. Cloud Saves, new Product pages, etc...).
>We’ll include both the details on the new features hitting the store and a quick dev deep dive for additional insight.
>You can see the first of these with our recently posted August feature update.

Ar least he's honest about it unlike some other companies who just stay silent
archive.is/3liX9

Attached: Tim_Sweeney_01.0.jpg (1200x800, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/pvvKg2Xb
store.steampowered.com/app/723090/Meltys_Quest/
youtube.com/watch?v=DMgfPU9y3yo
arch.b4k.co/v/search/filename/418519051958gz.png/
arch.b4k.co/v/search/filename/1565191739407.png/
youtube.com/watch?v=PPpAg6IePGU
arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/PPpAg6IePGU/
arch.b4k.co/v/search/filename/742981507417.png/
arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/zd9j5F4GQfTEE2UZMo_9RQ/
ooblets.com/2019/07/we-did-the-thing/
polygon.com/2019/8/9/20799032/epic-games-fortnite-lawsuit-security-data
pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-confirms-forum-hack-exposed-19-million-user-accounts/
twitter.com/50urc3c0d3/with_replies
geek.com/games/valve-adds-ceg-to-steamworks-removing-need-for-games-drm-724892/
store.steampowered.com/app/587420/
community.eurogamer.net/thread/167482
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I remember when Randy told me Epic was going to have to start developing their store even faster than advertised since Memelands 3 was coming to it.

Attached: CURSED IMAGE DO NOT OPEN.jpg (1436x1500, 330K)

pee pee poo poo

2019... I am forgotten

Attached: 1561433022009.jpg (870x633, 328K)

And its gonna be abandoned. Like when anthem's roadmap dissapeared or bf5 roadmap get changed for nothing.

Attached: 1501421276755.jpg (223x349, 11K)

>He's outright giving up on updating the store
Kek, too many new indieshit exclusives to add manually, I see

>putting more effort into the timeline than the store itself
lel

Attached: 1520639096763.jpg (1920x1080, 124K)

and so it begins. give it another few months and everyone will forget about the proposed features and nothing further will ever be implemented. they have zero interest in consumer friendliness, what a shame. all that fortnite money that could be used to hire visionary talent and start an arms of consumer benefits and price wars and its all gone to nothing but rhetoric and lies.

Only a fucking retard or shill would think Epic made the EGS to give the consumer a better experience all round

They could've everything implemented already had they contracted a web developer, gave them a million and three months time. The slow pace of it makes me wonder if they really have only one intern working on it while the rest tries to figure out what game to pouch next.

Wait they still don't have a cart? The shady website I bought my chinese flashrom silicon from had a fucking cart. How do you make video games and not know how to implement these things?

Attached: 1497743788971.jpg (350x233, 11K)

At this point I'm pretty sure 90% of the company just works on Fortnite, need those weekly updates bro

>archived page from epic that has no ads
That's some dedication to autism

>wanting fortune cookies on your PC
wew

they either don't care or just straight up aren't getting any money for development

How to spot a seething chink on damage control? Just look at the:
>Ar least he's honest about it unlike some other companies who just stay silent
>unlike some other companies who just stay silent
Lmao, this dog eating cunt has that one company living RENT FREE in his head
inb4: this subhuman will sperg out using greentext and wojak combo, or it'll be the same shit he's been spamming for months

>not siding with the right side of history
fucking steamcels

Attached: chrome_2019-08-31_17-18-47.png (892x520, 70K)

Roadmaps are marketer placebo to make you think developers are "working" on it. The instant they start missing the self-imposed deadlines it becomes obvious they aren't working and deserve ridicule, which is why companies drop soft dates on their roadmaps after they start missing milestones and eventually just delete the roadmap altogether.

>honest
>make promises and timelines
>cannot do it
> has billions leveraging his position buying shit games, and scamming kiddies
>cannot hire a team to create a webstore

>borderlands 3 is going to launch on a store that doesn't have achievements
Randy gotta be livid

>Randy gotta be livid
Randy is right up there with Tim on being fucking obnoxious

I'm sure he'll calm down once he's given more fat stacks and CP

Sure, publicly he's on Tim's side. He has to be at this point.

>Updates every two weeks
Tick tock steamdrones tick tock, Tim turned on the Fortnite turbo mode :)

Attached: NEVER EVER.png (228x221, 115K)

holy shit what the fucking shit is this piece of shit back-patting

That aged poorly.

Attached: badass.jpg (617x943, 192K)

Randy is so much of a idiot he most likely genuinely believes everything Tim says it right

the epic game store is an analogy for big goverment, or more closely congress. Instead of working for the voters(consumers) they spend their time working for special interest and lobbies.(publisher and devs). They care more about these groups than the voter, yet they always say they work for the voter, trying to get the best thing for the voter.Eventually they don't do shit for the voter, and instead wish to waste time creating empty declarations( timelines) against something, instead of discussing actually legislation(feature), and debating how to best implement them, and voting to implement said feature. In order to make sure the sheep voter doesn't realize they work for special interest groups. they give votes a free win( free game), either via a law that they should implenet ,but didn't till election year, or they try to get companies to get more jobs in the area, to make themselves look good.

I personally think he's just one step removed from reality he can still tell more or less what's happening but ignores it until it's apparent to everyone when the epic store is widely ridiculed for having less features than console versions and maybe the fucking pirates then he will speak out

>the store will be different when the game launches
That is fucking hilarious

>We'll have a shopping cart in six months!
>The shopping cart has been delayed until next year.
>We're just not going to give you an ETA anymore, you ungrateful gamer nazi pigs.

Attached: 1501135026640.png (1000x1000, 413K)

>thinking anyone, let alone Epic executives, cares about bordermemes
Randy got played.

Attached: 1479597956368.png (620x640, 345K)

Trello and other agile development boards are an internal scheduling tool, not a customer promise. Anybody who believed this thing even for a second should be euthanized. If one intern working on this believed it himself, he should be euthanized, too.

Attached: d047efc69f91f8d2f0fb200869ce8242-imagejpeg.jpg (170x312, 14K)

>recently added cloud saves
get fucked steamie it's just a matte of time until epic wipes out steam

Randy's such a piece of garbage human being, how does someone like that become a millionaire.

>one step removed from reality
>Randy Pitchford
have you even been to Randy threads

Whats that?

Attached: 80.jpg (270x378, 16K)

>how does someone like that become a millionaire
>Randy's such a piece of garbage human being
Pretty much because of that. If you don't give a shit about people around you you can just exploit them to the bone, And as long as nobody tries to screw you over, you'll come out ahead in the end.

This makes sense actually. He probably gets his goyslaves to go shopping for him, so he's never seen a cart.

pastebin.com/pvvKg2Xb

>"if i were a betting man"
You are a betting man Pitchford, too bad they never work out for you

Why do you need a shopping cart? You can just buy a single game at a time. Its a pointless bloat '''feature''' that isn't needed and just another thing steam doesn't need.

Gearbox was some no name AA studio staring down bankruptcy before they struck gold with Borderlands, everything else they've ever developed has been mediocre at best and nuclear waste at worst.

I can't filter your shit fast enough

Based.

>Its a pointless bloat '''feature''' that isn't needed and just another thing steam doesn't need.
so all online stores don't need shopping carts then, you just buy shit one at a time

>t. seething poorfag chink

Upvoted

Say this to someone that likes brothers in arms and they are liable to stab you. Shit one of my friends personally hated Randy because they haven't made one In years.

Yes, basically. Its not a required feature, is it really worth the extra bloat just to save you a few clicks?

So publisher can milk me with 1000 bonus dlcs, I NEED THAT SHOPPING CART

Attached: 10-16-40-TSnfPrs.jpg (404x402, 70K)

Its obvious bait

I too would like to process all my transactions one at a time going back and forth between the store and checkout

Why isn't that guy walking? He looks fat but not can't walk fat.

obese people are lazy faggots

I wish i could be as optimistic as you are about everything being bait

Attached: 5346373334.jpg (803x501, 167K)

This. Why would you buy more than 5 games there?

>You can set up a shop with a cart, and even a logistics to ship packages on your own site in a month.
>chinks do this all the time, anyone can set up store fronts with reviews, and carts.
>epic is making billion off kiddie skins, cannot do basic bitch shit in a year.

It's a typical mutt

I actually don't get it, my highschool CS class had us do shit like design websites with basic features like that, how can a giant multimillion dollar company launch with this?

Man I really hope cartposting has the same sort of longevity as playstationhasnogames posting.

But thats what these threads are right? Pretty much no one would defend a store that is worse in every way, so people are just bating retards. No one except autists would not want a shopping cart.

they are too much of kikes, they could ran that shit in a month if they where willing to pay fee for using 3rd party system before they developed their own internal system.Instead they give a roadmap, and implement fuck all. Clearly they are cheap ass kikes.

well they spend all their money on getting exclusive deals

>janny deleted that one user's post
Retarded janny thinking he's the only one who has some.

Attached: 1567016475562.jpg (1950x1860, 1.07M)

China will grow larger.

DELET THIS

>how can a giant multimillion dollar company launch with this?
their catch phrase "88/12" is a major hint to their mindset behind the store

I can't imagine it being them being cheapskates, it would cost little to nothing to develop ths feature, fuck, they could probably just grab the code from some example website for free.
this has to be malice, they must enjoy being pieces of shit , shouldn't be a surprise since sweeny has been making sure to take every move towards infamity

>how can a giant multimillion dollar company launch with this?
by not having a care in the world about service or functionality because their entire ideology is giving you no choice at all.

Gimme loli

ayy

Attached: 1547728744020.jpg (298x877, 54K)

gib vanir

tell me one reason how shopping cart harms your online store

The lack of such a simple, basic feature of an online store isn't "just a shopping cart". It reveals a complete lack of respect & attention for their product.
If they are this blase about a part of the site that would generate income, how blase are they about other things that simply cost money, like security and bandwidth?

Simple. They probably looked at how many people buy games back to back and concluded that the 0.1% that do isn't a high priority for a feature implementation.

>nothing personal perfect world chink bot

Attached: 1554448897566.png (639x864, 114K)

Trade me

deal

Attached: image(1).jpg (754x1194, 218K)

this isn't even a good excuse

Was good trade

Attached: 1547324051550.png (586x522, 267K)

>muh dlc
how is it even relevant
>shopping cart enables them
do you get enabled to fill shopping carts or baskets every time you use them for groceries

>476154693
>have no argument
>completely change the topic
Like a clockwork.

>Only 1% of users buy multiple games at once
>Only 1% uses Linux
>Only 1% uses the overlay
>Only 1% shares screenshots
>Only 1% edits their user profile
>Only 1% cares about China
>Only 1% buy h-games
>Only 1% uses the wishlist
>Only 1% cares about trading cards
>.........
>Wow, why are only 5% of PC gamers using our store?!

Attached: 1515809716946.jpg (961x816, 239K)

>Non can dictate Epics decisions
>but we also listen to them

Attached: 1548013712561.jpg (1800x1189, 536K)

we're talking about a feature that they could create and implement in under a day with just 1 or a couple of employees working on it, considering how much bad press they got over it I'd argue it would be really worth it
but as we already know, epic really doesn't give a damn when it comes to its reputation

>Add to cart
OH NO NO NO

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 29K)

>add to cart
but I can't do that, there is no cart

have fun buying multiple mini dlcs without a shopping cart sub 80iq dumbo
I listen to trump too but I don't give a fuck sure he is my president but I own my body

BRO DON'T POST THE C WORD
good trade indeed

Fucking EGS. Can't wait for that lootbox and microtransactions ban to hurt Fortnite. So what that lootboxes in that game are now transparent? They still get tons of money from kids via microtransactions. Take away that and they'll have to stop doing the whole 18% share.

Can someone who actually knows what the fuck they're talking about explain to me why the Unreal Marketplace has had a Shopping Cart since 2014, but the Games Store doesn't?

What would be so radically different between the two for the feature to be absent?

kgo

>have fun buying multiple mini dlcs without a shopping cart sub 80iq dumbo
what is even your argument
what the fuck were you trying to prove with that pic

>Fortnite
>lootboxes
Kys and buy more TF2 and Dota 2 hats steam drone

DA ROLL

>Getting btfo
>I don't understand you
Shopping carts are publishers wet dream, it's easier for them to sell mini dlcs in mass with a shopping cart. Sub 80iq subhuman.

"games are like cars"

I don't even play these two epicdrone.

>China doesn't have access to a Chinese companies data.
lmao.

Eh, wouldn't mind some slutty succubus.

n

Honestly I think at this point they realise they'd just get more ridicule than anything when they add it.

YAMERO

Score a lolibus

Lol Their own games are exclusive to steam. Their biggest source of revenue is from steam. The EGS store is likely potato code holding up thanks to duct tape, which is why they cant update it because even minor changes would just wreck everything

>Only 1% uses Linux
I'm glad you realized that some features are a waste of time. Porting to Linux definitely costs you more than you gain in sales.

No one ever said that china does not have access to steam. Friendly reminder that 60% of steam accounts are from China and there is no way they would allow steam to operate in grey zone withouth acces to their data. Steam china proves that valve is in fact very close to china gov

NO STOP THIS GWEILO NOT MY SOCIAR CREDIT SCORE

>chievos
Of all the things to rile Epic Store about and you choose one of the dumbest ones

go and look at BL2 you retarded shill

what the fuck are you fucking trying to prove with your completely retarded argument
>hurr durr shopping carts provide excuse for publishers to make dlc because it makes buying dlc easier
>this is why shopping cart harm online store because it supports publishers
>never mind the fact that epic is supposed to be publisher friendly
this is the most fucking stupid argument which completely destroys your original point

The BL games are entirely abouut bragging to other players about stupid shit like aerial shots and 360-noscopes and other dumb shit. The replay value came entirely from achievements for schoolkiddies and completionfags. To boredomlands, they have immense replay value

I too care about profit only

B3 won't have that many dlcs due to epic cut and lack of shopping cart. How is that not customer friendly again?

I wish there would be an uproar about Epic's lack of features when BL3 releases and people finally realize they had to pay 60 bucks for a truly inferior platform, but imo only die-hard brainless fans would want to purchase the game on Epic to play it asap

I personally couldn't give a shit, but cheevos are a big deal for the mostly casual playerbase of games like Borderlands

how sad

Are there cloud saves yet?

But I play games not platforms

Epic Shills everybody

Attached: fredpill.jpg (504x864, 194K)

When you put into that context I see your point.

wtf are you on about, the replayability comes from the random loot and grinding for said loot

Anything brown would be nice.

He's right, shopping cart at least for me is useless. Only collectors buy games in bulk and I'm not one of them

>B3 won't have that many dlcs due to epic cut and lack of shopping cart.
>B3
are you fucking retarded
do you literally believe that just because of epic cut and no shopping cart, BL3 won't add much dlc this time
this is like the most fucking retarded reasoning
are you so fucking braindead that you always buy all the dlc in a game and say "shopping cart made me do it"
are you that fucking retarded

Attached: 1480114294714.png (446x460, 112K)

Depends on what you understand by DLCs. If you include skins and shit like that keep in mind that the publisher is 2K games which is owned by Take2. It's going to have a ton of microtransactions.
Might not go through epic's store system, might all go through's Gearbox's own BL3 DLC store, we'll see.

I'm not one of them so it doesn't need a shopping cart.
Good argument.

MR CHAN GET DOWN

>yfw Epic will never have even half of the things in this screenshot

Attached: asd.jpg (642x560, 69K)

>reskinned guns with lights in them are worth replaying over and over
user, have you even played the game? the loot becomes irrelevant in reruns, simply because scaling is retarded and slag will kill fucking everything, so there's no point or reason

>It costs EGS pennies on the dollar to have some codemonkey implement that feature and many more
>Cant do it
Explain this shit

Well yeah, if I'm not using something I don't need it. I don't care about other because why would I?

>people should cater to me only

>Steam
>Feature is there if you want to use it
>EGS
>...............
Fuck off

In a similar vein, why should we care about you or your shitty store when it doesnt have what we want, Xiao?

rude

It never ceases to amaze me how Tim Swiney is willing to burn hundreds of millions buying exclusives and giving away bribe games, yet refuses to spend a few thousand bucks to make it so that his store isn't actual shit.

get these whores outta here but give me one first

Is princess project as good as Melty quest?

Attached: 1566244826661.png (680x629, 1.5M)

Attached: chrome_2019-08-31_18-34-31.png (720x813, 100K)

T.collectors

No one fucking cares that you have 1000 games on steam

les go

>no argument as to why a shopping cart is damaging for epic

No one cares that you have No Gaems on EGS

I'm not sure. I haven't played it yet.

Attached: asd.png (499x389, 130K)

>no one fucking cares about the biggest spenders
And then you wonder why no games on Epic sell
Any 1 million landmarks yet?

give me some brown skinned cutie or a long haired blonde

What the fuck am I even reading? SO much of nonsense only chinko can come up with.
>game's one steam even if it's using steamworks means it's forever locked behind it
>doesn't mention games using steamworks and the same games having GOG releases

rollerino

>>g-guise, I'm totally not Tim, I mean it!
Top lel

Attached: average game on steam.png (628x339, 41K)

>The Amerifats can't live without having a shopping cart so that they can consume more product.

I bought tamales online the other day. Their website had a shopping cart.

A tamale website.

Attached: average game on EGS.png (620x400, 13K)

based?

>Big breasts, very big breasts, and very very big breasts

Attached: sniper tf2.png (140x140, 28K)

What game?

just stop it man, claim defeat and move on, you are emberrasing.

Attached: 1543760970317.png (172x217, 91K)

Rollin'

store.steampowered.com/app/723090/Meltys_Quest/

Attached: yes.png (712x548, 263K)

What is this game store? And what does epic have to do with it?

it is extremely weird, you're right. they have so much resources but struggle with implementing basic shit
it's genuinely baffling

Defeat in what war?

what war are you even talking about?

Attached: 1546459050704.png (196x196, 51K)

While I get that this ticks a lot of checkboxes for a lot of people, can I still have a wholesome loving relationship with a female knight as we travel together as an adventurer couple?

Attached: 1566256180209.png (316x400, 112K)

>epicfag got so buttblasted he made another thread to samefag in

t-they're all selling w-well...

totally no r-reason why no actual sales data on epic games has been revealed

Link the thread so I can laugh at him without needing to sift through fifty cyberpunk, smash brothers and politics threads, please.

>EGS literally locks you out if you buy 3 games in quick succession

I'm a little confused, what is this twitter nobody trying to imply? cause what I got out of it is
>if a game is on steam it uses steam drm and therefore cant be on other platforms
he mentions gog in the same thread,which proves the claim wrong, am I just getting it wrong or is this shill really that retarded?

Just as god intended.

DO NOT CONSUME PRODUCT GREAT READER VERY UPSET YOU HAVE FUN NOT WORK IT NOT OK MY COMRADE

he just sounds mentally ill

I cant decode your madness, but its looks like you replied to yourself to make the people who critise you look incompetent.

Attached: 1487368999524.jpg (261x193, 6K)

>He just repeats the question back
Epic trole ;) :DD:D

E

Give me a tomboy or something brown

Imagine being this upset.

Attached: 1501231103584.png (250x273, 66K)

Friend the dont care

ok

I asked genuinely because I really didnt understand how you started to talk about war, no "hehehe troll" mentality was in it man

Attached: 1456621189092.jpg (261x200, 10K)

So, why we are okay with steam again?

Attached: 1544564977088.jpg (586x466, 82K)

I think he is mocking the Chinese with bad English

>maldraw
Fuck off you failed artist, not even sourced

I highly suspect that they hired cheap developers and as a result, their codebase is a mess. When your codebase is a mess, developing features becomes very time consuming and painful over time.

>Steam users are like cattle, we personall track them down, cut them up and make burgers out of them
>Gabe Newell super secret telephone message, problably

Source bitch.

TRANSPARENCY BAD
CHINESE STATE CAPITALISM GOOD

MAKE SURE TO TAPE YOUR WEBCAMS OR YOU'LL LOSE SOCIAL CREDIT FOR POSTING HERE

Attached: 1565592977587.gif (500x500, 256K)

nah I think the reason is that probably a bunch of retards sat around a board room table who have spent thousands on retarded product research and markets have come up with a buzzwordy idea that losing the shopping cars will increase spending by 4 percent due to consumer psychology. There i no way that they CANT do it, they are choosing not to

You think its not the corparist bullshit haha, the will kill us all

while I agree the choose not to, I think they did it so they are still talked about. Otherwise what could you even say about epic store? Its just one of the dozen of storefront

Attached: 1472470648918.jpg (720x720, 21K)

Gabe Newell Interview 5/2/11

Some more
>"Single-player is great, but we also have to recognize that you have friends and want to have that connected as well," Newell added. "It's about giving up on single-player at all, we actually think that there are a bunch of features and capabilities that we need to add into our games to recognize the socially-connected gamer. Every gamer is instant messaging, every gamer has a Facebook account. If you pretend this doesn't exist you're ignoring the problems you ought to be taking on, so it's 'single-player plus,' not 'no more single-player.'"

You are the one who talked about defeat. For that there must be some conflict/war.

>Otherwise what could you even say about epic store?

It's a new market leader

youtube.com/watch?v=DMgfPU9y3yo
found it on youtube, can you pinpoint where exactly he say it? I dont want to listen to this for a hour

Attached: 1467492860716.png (302x300, 13K)

It's more like a public execution really

>Yea Forums is delusional as always
not surprised

defeat doesnt imply war, but conflict yes. When 2 people talk one can become defeated in the discussion yet, they didnt send infantry against each other

have we started the fire

>epicfag thinks he's winning
kek

Not that user but valve abandoned single player games like 10 years ago. You don't need to watch this to know it

this really makes me wonder
>passing several transactions instead of one will encourage the consumer to buy more
how do you end up at that conclusion?

Do you think war is only when someone sends infantry? Any conflict can be seen as a war. Heck if I have some personal goals in the gym, reaching them could be considered my personal war.
>He thinks im an epic fag
kek
You Yea Forumsirgins are autistic as shit lmao.

I don't understand how a giant company like epic can't manage to implement basic shit like a shopping cart.

Fucks sake that's tutorial level coding stuff. An intern could probably do it in a day.

>Delusional 14 year old thinks he's winning an online argument with everyone telling him how wrong his infantile views are

Attached: 1501161816996.jpg (742x740, 68K)

you dont see how much you spend in one big batch, making you think you end up spending less.
You buy 3 games at once and you spend 50 euro, or you buy a game for 10 euro then 2 other for 20. Seeing smaller numbers convince you you didnt spent as much. Its why microtransactions are little money instead getting all of it in a big bulk

>or you buy a game for 10 euro then 2 other for 20.
And then your epic account gets locked for fraud, because you bought too many games.

Attached: 1503278502312.png (640x734, 296K)

>Its why microtransactions are little money instead getting all of it in a big bulk

What a fucking stupid thing to say, microtransaction most of the time cost as much as games

dude, i cant argue with you anymore as my english is limited for such a philosophical, sophisticated discussion as the concept of war and conflict

Attached: 1511461186878.png (200x300, 16K)

>that absolutely retarded post
>thinking major sales dont happen when all DLC are bundled and sold for cheaper
>chink grammar starts breaking down
Your circuits are overheating, robot. Maybe you should take a break

oh, I guess that when you put it like that it makes more sense, personally I feel more discouraged when I make several transactions in a small period of time

I'm not a chink, I just fucking suck at english and couldnt articulate what I wanted properly and most likely butchered it in the progress.
What I wanted to say that if you break down buying stuff people might not notice how much they actually spend

Attached: 1511980406803.png (1000x1000, 66K)

>steamdrones will defend this

Attached: 418519051958gz.png (496x183, 15K)

It is simple. We have different semantics of what constitutes war. But still for there to have been defeat there must have been something to lose right? What was that.

>Epic is fixing this for all gamers
Epic ain't fixing shit. For the consumer the pric of the game is the same on Steam and on Epic

And no I don't give a shit about the devs and their cut. That's the dev's problem.

I hope the Epic Store tries and fails at another sale like the 10% discount blunder from a while ago, mostly to see how Randy copes

>Steam was killing PC gaming
>PC gaming is the biggest it's ever been, and has seen massive growth since Epic fucked off to consoles in 2008

Attached: 1350594293765.jpg (500x500, 109K)

>implying physical stores didnt asked for that 30% too
steam was not killing the industry but sadly you gonna reply in an idiotic manner, spewing the same old tired bullshit that always get thrown around here

>476159005
>this chinko again
Good job jannies and mods!

>mostly to see how Randy copes
But do you really want another murdered prostitute?

I don't get the hate for EGS. Why do people feel entitled to get all their games on Steam?

>NOOO STOP HARRASING STEAM, MODS HELP ME

Attached: 1565191739407.png (680x352, 171K)

I meant defeat because you generalised everyone who didnt agree with glorious epic store without cart as an amerifat, stereotyping everyone around here as a simpleton american, while 80% of us never even set foot there. I said you to admit defeat because the kind of talk that started this whole debate was such an ennourmus bait or stupid comment that noone with more than 10 braincell could agree with it.
Try to decode this weird rant of mine

Attached: 1508760071098.png (288x276, 118K)

>if you break down buying stuff people might not notice how much they actually spend
It seems like a nice idea on the surface, but if you overdo it, you will chase away future potential customers because they wont buy everything one at a time
Paradox is a good example of what I'm talking about. Absolutely nobody can get into crusader kinds 2 because all DLC put together costs several times more than the main game itself. And if you put too much DLC, you risk fracturing the fanbase following the game, as not everybody will buy everything, so they will all have different verisons, different amounts of content in their games
Not to mention a bulk of DLC sales happen when they get sold with the game as a 'definitive edition', 'goty version' or some other such shit, so individual purchasing becomes moot in those cases

Just like 30% digital distribution replaced 60% physical copies now 12% will replace 30%. It's the future, and each time world evolves something is mad about it

>steam is killing the industry by charging the exact same service charge that Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony charge
Excuse me?

>476159005
>476159281
>arch.b4k.co/v/search/filename/418519051958gz.png/
>arch.b4k.co/v/search/filename/1565191739407.png/
Don't you have a dog to eat or escalator to die in?

its not entitlement, its ease of access. If it were not steam, something else is okay too as long as its you dont have to check all the hoops for starting a game. Its just steam was the first so most people used that for the longest.

Attached: 1466766369929.png (500x327, 49K)

>listening to the ramblings of an insane man just because he worked at Valve
>literally butthurt because they made a lot of money
>Epic makes even more
>but it's ok because it hurts Steam
>it doesn't and they don't even acknowledge them

Attached: 1563727985942.png (948x553, 969K)

>now 12% will replace 30%
Fucking kek, Epic only does it because of Fortnite money and black market China money, the rest of the industry can't match that. The Epic Store can make $0 a year and still be considered a massive success because it doesn't exist to make money, it exists to kill Steam and GOG and other stores.

lol all epic games are coming to steam anyway, epictard

>now 12% will replace 30%
No, I think 42% is the number you're looking for, tranny.

No, it exsist to create multistore front future with GoG galaxy 2.0 as launcher for all smaller launchers. Soon everyone will have their own shop linked to GoG

Nobody except Itch.io charged less then 30%. Discord tried to pull the same stunt as Epic but they also had a 30% cut as well before Epic stuck their dicks in the socket and Discord overeacted to it and lowered it to unsustainable amounts and weren't bringing in enough money to compete.

Maybe thats why epic doesnt have too much game on their store, so this system work as it should. Also I dont even know if epic even allow DLC-s in their store, that sounds like you need coding which they wont allow

>tranny
>coming from a steamdrone
Dilate

Attached: 9803232189341.png (738x721, 247K)

>those shit games
Thank goodness

Dont do it user, dont be debil who just yell buzzwords.

Attached: 1455255860900.gif (510x451, 1.14M)

Yeah, it makes no sense. This is an ultra basic feature that is common across all industries.

Even websites that only sell shit, like shoe laces exclusively, and/or super niche and weird, have shopping carts.

Doesn't that guy have like 40k tweets with 1-2 likes each? Get help my friend

Attached: 1566763723755.png (536x663, 851K)

>476159643
So, wojakposting with greentext when? It's the only defense you have left. After you'll post some screenshots of steam profiles, of course.
You're too predictable.

>Cloud saves working in half a dozen games.

Sure chinkrat.

this makes me laugh for some reason

Attached: express laces.png (1437x172, 46K)

>Epic is ba---
>youtube.com/watch?v=PPpAg6IePGU

Uhhhh steamdrones? These all look pretty good to me.

>Defense

Being this delusional. Epic has already won, i'm just here to laugh at drones that didn't realize it yet

Attached: 742981507417.png (1626x694, 301K)

Seemed like they had no problems for like 15 years

Indie devs would suck literally anyone off to get their game on steam until it got flooded with trash indie games LMAO

>476160278
>arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/PPpAg6IePGU/
>these OH NO NO NO posts
>476160363
>arch.b4k.co/v/search/filename/742981507417.png/
Yawn. Try harder and I might give you a (You). But for now get fucked chinko.

>Epic has already won
So how come I can't buy any of the games I'm interested in on Epic, if they have "won" the digital distribution war? Where are MGSV, Mordhau, Rising Storm 2, Steel Division 2, EDF 5, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Deep Rock Galactic, Baba Is You, Ace Combat 7, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Total War: Warhammer 2, Vermintide 2 and XCOM 2? On Steam? Oh well, guess you haven't won anything after all.

Attached: 1517142224118.jpg (255x256, 20K)

Attached: come on epic.png (1865x226, 66K)

90% of millionaires and up are pieces of shit, most of them psychopaths too.

>Someone posted this 2 times already and that's my argument
>G-get fucked

The ultimate state of steamdrones

Attached: 8512851518gz.jpg (1024x584, 81K)

Holy shit. Isn't this the guy that keeps shitposting in the Epic threads? The style of ESL shilling is pretty much the same.

My future wife.

Nah, that guy admitted to just copying those twitter posts, pretending to be retarded to get a rise out of people.

These games are steam exclusives. Sadly, they will disappear with the death of steam but you can't save industry without sacrifaces.

>476160745
>arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/zd9j5F4GQfTEE2UZMo_9RQ/
Yawn. You literally make me fall asleep. Changing the filename's not gonna help you hide your spam. Again, no (You) for you that you seek so much.

>These games are steam exclusives
MGSV, EDF 5, Ace Combat 7 and Vermintide are all on consoles.

>NOO STOP POSTING IMAGES FROM Yea Forums

Please, just one (you). I need it

>geldreich

God it never gets old. Jew names are always amazing.

Attached: wakaliwood.jpg (1457x1930, 635K)

>meanwhile timmyboy already admitted that 12% is unsustainable
>even with having the customer pay every extra fee that Valve incorporates in their 30%

Attached: gaben sparkling beard .gif (400x272, 1.1M)

>476161057
>IT'S NOT ME I WASN'T SPAMMING IT! I SWER BY THE NAME OF XI!
>all those 1561192763191.jpg and 1556787984063m.jpg in the archives
Yeah. My last fake (You) to you. Get fucked, you predictable mobileposter.

YOU FUCKING STEAMNIGGERS AND CUMSKULLS RUINED THIS FUCKING BOARD
FUCK STEAM THREADS
FUCK CUMSKULLS
FUCK THE MODS ON THIS SITE
FUCK GOOKMOOT AND FUCK THAT MASCOT NAMED YOTSUBA
FUCK Yea Forums AND 4CHANNEL
FUCK NIGGERS
FUCK KIKES
FUCK SPICS
FUCK AMERICANS AND FUCK THE USA
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST FUCK YOU OP FOR BRINGING MORE STEAM AUTISM INTO THIS COMMUNITY
FUCK YOU STEAMNIGGERS
FUCK STEAM AND FUCK THE STEAM LAUNCHER
PLAYSTATION EGS AND XBOX IS BETTER THAN THIS FILTHY GARBAGE
STALIN DID NOTHING WRONG
HAIL STALIN AND HAIL LENIN
NIGGERS TONGUE MY ANUS
RESHETERA IS THE BETTER SITE
REDDIT IS EVEN BETTER THAN THIS GARBAGE
EPIC GAME STORE IS BEST PCEE PLATFORM
FUCKING DIE OP

Attached: A0A0F7B0-2F3A-42EE-8515-609E39AB4F7F.jpg (634x874, 119K)

Well Epic has:
Metro Exodus - Next best thing to STALKER
WWZ - Better L4D
Outer Worlds - Better New Vegas
Satisfactory - Better Factorio
Dauntless - Better MHW
Outer Wilds - Dark Horse of the Year
Control - Best looking game of the year
Ancestors - Rain World + Spore = Most Ambitious game of all time
Observation - Best Sci-fi Horror since SOMA
Fortnite - Most popular game of all time next to Minecraft
MW5 - Best mecha game
Ooblets - Pokemon but even better
Wattam - From the creator of Katamari
Borderlands 3 - Potential GOTY
All of David Cage's game
Free games that are very good every week.

What does Steam have? Porn, shovelware, and weebshit? Keep on seething steamdrone.

Attached: wolf pee shoping cart.png (1920x1035, 171K)

Oh and I forgot. It also has last year's GOTY which is Tetris Effect.

Well drones? Can't say anything now eh?

You may have pretty much every game released in 2019 and shit ton of free games but you know what we have? Darq, 20$ one hour shitty platformer, cope chink

>set industry standard is killing the industry
okay retard

>476161479
the next level bait

Tetris Effect requires SteamVR.

a shopping cart store has shopping carts for their shopping carts, why can't epic?

Attached: paradox.png (1240x147, 45K)

YOU FUCKING SMASHNIGGERS JIZZ FOR BRAINS AND CUMSKULLS RUINED THIS FUCKING BOARD
FUCK SMASHNIGGER THREADS
FUCK CUMSKULLS
FUCK THE MODS ON THIS SITE
FUCK GOOKMOOT AND FUCK THAT MASCOT NAMED YOTSUBA
FUCK Yea Forums AND 4CHANNEL
FUCK NIGGERS
FUCK KIKES
FUCK SPICS
FUCK CHINKS AND GOOKS
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST FUCK YOU OP FOR BRINGING MORE SMASH AUTISM INTO THIS COMMUNITY
FUCK YOU SMASHNIGGERS
FUCK NINTENDO AND FUCK THE NINTENDO SWITCH
PLAYSTATION PC AND XBOX IS BETTER THAN THIS FILTHY GARBAGE
HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG
14/88 THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN
HEIL HITLER AND FUCK COMMIES
HITLER WAS RIGHT
NIGGERS TONGUE MY ANUS
I PIRATED FALLOUT 76 SKYRIM AND FO4
TODD IS A FUCKING WASTE OF LIFE
RESETERA IS THE BETTER SITE
REDDIT IS EVEN BETTER THAN THIS GARBAGE
FUCKING DIE OP

Attached: 2967144A-25F4-4A3B-9EE5-8C407EDA5E51.png (675x827, 35K)

They wouldn't also happen to have doe pee, would they? Asking for a friend

Attached: 1099c6f.jpg (381x499, 130K)

>Metro Exodus
Trash.
>WWZ
Worse Vermintide.
>Outer Worlds
Isn't this the rick and morty in space game?
>Control
That game nobody can run?
>Ancestors
Haven't heard of it. Probably trash.
>Observation
>Horror memes
>Fortnite
HAHAHAHA you must be really desperate if you put this on the list.
>MW5
Have you SEEN the state of Mechwarrior Online? I have, and it's not pretty.
>Ooblets
ooblets.com/2019/07/we-did-the-thing/
>Wattam
Now you're just mashing your keyboard and seeing what comes out. How about some REAL games?
>Borderlands 3
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>All of David Cage's game
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I feel sorry for you. My condolences.

SteamVR is a driver for steam and htc VR, what's weird here? Unreal engine games on steam require... unreal engine so what's the problem here anyway?

I have nothing against Epic really, but how fucking hard can it be to implement a cart when every other storefront does it?

Is the Epic Games Launcher's codebase made of wet paper and string?

>bait: the post
Do you honestly believe anything that you posted is actually true?Those games aren't even proper exclusives, they'll end up on steam in a few months. A few EGS games are coming to steam by the end of this year
And you know what will happen to them? They will all get buried and lost amongst the bottom tier trash where they belong

Yes, they are not proper exclusives because unlike valve epic does not hold games hostage forever behind steamworks

Thanks for the redpills tree bros fuck kikes and fuck jewben

Attached: 1370629454325.jpg (166x166, 7K)

Fucking hell, and Deep Silver is a Epic slut now. How many games need to suffer their grasp ?

Epic is the new main PC storefront, so all of them?

Copydi cope

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-30-08-59-03-330_com.twitter.android.jpg (1080x1497, 326K)

But wait, epicshill. Isnt your narrative to get more exclusives as that's the only way to force customers to use Epic over steam? But suddenly Epic is the good guy for not being able to hold onto its own explusives properly?

imagine being a console fanboy without even a console to tout made me respond 3/10

Don't forget the Sony chads

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-20-20-44-53-178_com.twitter.android.jpg (1080x1489, 315K)

It always amazes me how people try to convince themselves that businesses only want to make enough money to be sustainable, and nothing beyond that. That is the exact opposite of how capitalism/corporatism works.
Most of Valve's 30% cut is pure profit.

Yes, timed exclusives. No one here wants to force you to use epic forever if you want to play game x, this isn't steam. Epic games after short exclusivity can be sold everywhere because nothing bind them to one storefront

Metro Exodus - Timed exclusivity
WWZ - Worse L4D
Outer Worlds - Timed exclusivity
Satisfactory - Worse Factorio
Dauntless - Literally what?
Outer Wilds - Timed exclusivity
Control - Overhyped game for graphics whores
Ancestors - Shitty ass Spore clone that nobody played
Observation - Alien Isolation and PREY did it better
Fortnite - Dying zoomer game
MW5 - What?
Ooblets - Numale Pokémon
Wattam - What-am?
Borderlands 3 - Not even a year-long timed exclusivity
All of David Cage's game - Buncha point and click adventure games overhyped by numales? Yeah, that's something worth bragging about
Free games that are very good every week - Games everybody already bought when they were on sale on Steam.

Meanwhile, Steam has:
A shopping cart
The Halo Master Chief Collection
Linux support
Reviews
Actual consumer support
Japanese devs like Bandai Namco
Official Mod Support
Gloirious tiddies
A storefront secure enough that people don't try to log into your account without permission on a daily basis

Attached: Yeah fuck the third world shitholes that fill our pockets.png (581x329, 71K)

>Epic is the new main PC storefront

Attached: asd.png (818x169, 11K)

>Actual consumer support
>Steam

Attached: 24125160739.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>le epic wojak!!!
I accept your concession

The exclusivity deal only includes steam.

>What is r/fuckepic?

Attached: 1566742825683.gif (320x254, 1.79M)

newfag detected

So, epic has games and steam has facebook features? Yeah thanks, i'll stick to epic

uh, bro?

>this isn't steam
Because Steam pays devs to NOT make their games exclusive to a store?

>Halo masterchief collection
Fuck, atleast list a worthwhile collection faggot

Attached: KINOcollection.jpg (291x173, 22K)

Not true, it does not prevent selling game as subscriptions.

Valve does takes these fees too brainlet (some cents)

why not? What? are you a cuck for defending the degenerate thing?

Wake me up when Epic can send a dude to my house to collect my cash payment on a game.

Back to your cave steam drone, Yea Forums always hated gayben, every step against them is a good step for gaming.

>epic has games
Yeah, they pay great amounts of money to get the best games of the year exclusive to the store. Like this masterpiece right here
Truly the force that will save gaming and smash the evil monopoly!

Attached: beesim epic.png (1006x723, 560K)

Deep down you fear the bee

Attached: 5081857z141.png (460x340, 210K)

choinks

Is it properly playable and not laggy like the MM collection?

Wait what?
Steam does that?
Why in the fuck would this ever be a thing?

How thoughtful of based Tim to buy the game for us.

Attached: 1561930123946.png (696x493, 335K)

>The steam drone fears the nature
TREE BROS WHERE AT BZZZZZZ BZZZZ

Attached: images (1).jpg (259x194, 9K)

Man, FUCK bees!

Attached: Vinny.png (556x668, 974K)

based af
name game?

34-35

Attached: 1566141354134.jpg (2595x3069, 1.74M)

>Pirated my first game in 10 years because of based Timmy
Control is a decent 6/10 that I might have bought when it was $10. Thanks again for the free game!

Hah, a noname indie game. What the fuck is Sony even thinking?

Well overall no. I don't have a horse in this race. I don't use epic store I only use steam currently. But even then it is a weird thing to complain about when EGS doesn't have many games anyway.

Epic made me realize just how fucking massive my backlog really is.

Like Jesus fuck how are you supposed to have time to fucking play all the games you like any more?

Go on lads, this one's on me.

Attached: tim newell.jpg (1200x800, 416K)

>Steam sells you 60$ game
>Epic sells you 60$ game
Its the exact same fucking thing
>b but muh publishers! muh 30%
I dont give a shit, i Have no brand loyalty to them and I buy whatever is decent or bang for my buck

In some regions, games cost significantly more on EGS than on Steam. Which is part of the reason why people get so up in arms about Epic exclusivity deals.

gimme someone good

True..you don't even need cart.

Attached: Tim2.png (674x476, 356K)

Yes, that's the whole point why stores are structured as they are. There are psychological tricks involved to get people to buy more shit and make impulse purchases.
And yes, all the crazy microtransaction cosmetic shit and DLC probably wouldn't be there without a shopping cart because it would be too much of a hassle for consumers to buy everything on it own.
Note that I'm not saying shopping carts are unnecessary and should be removed. They pretty much work as intended: getting more money out of fools who can't control themselves and handle money wisely.

Ebin store sure as shit hasn't got one

I still don't get how the 30% cut is killing the industry. Isn't the PC industry bigger than ever now? Fuck isn't the mobile gaming industry absolutely massive and yet Apple/Google take a 30% cut, don't they?

Why is it always the 30% cut that's at fault. Fuck if anything indieshitters are to blame for other indie devs failing. There assload and I mean fucking ASS LOADS of indie games that come out every year because making games is now more accessible than it has ever been.

whats trello

Except Borderlands 3 is definitely going to have a bunch of microtransactions

gimmi brown

it's over for tim and his russian bots

Its because in China they wipe their asses with their bare hands and underpay workers but here in America or Europe we use toilet paper and pay workers a semi decent living wage

Last time i was trying to get in touch with steam support it took 3 weeks for a person not a bot to respond. They have lik 15 people on their whole support team, even epic is not that fucking bad

I don't know much about Borderlands, only every pirated the first. But I'm not gonna deny it will have them nor was it my point. However, the microtransactions will most likely be handled in-game, no? And they could implement a shopping cart on their own.

wow bro stop blaming the indie devs
they're passionate people who just want to make good games. developers are the heart and soul of gaming

Valve ain't killing the industry, the corporations like EA are, and bigger corporations like Amazon and Google are moving in to milk another industry dry

It's killing indies who don't know how to market their games and think that every sale should always be 100% only for them. They all just seem to think that shitting out a game is guaranteed to make you rich. If the 30% were so disastrous, the market would've collapsed long before steam showed up.

Industry expand regardless of taxes, just like the whole world does. That does not mean that taxes are not crippling the grow

Fuckin embarrassment really, I actually agree with you
Origin seems like the only store that has their shit togeather in this department
>Years ago I bought CNC3
>My disk stopped working
>Called up customer support
>They said they would give me a free digital copy on origin if I sent them a photo of the disk and the serial number
>Did it
>They gave me the game, might as well since it is an old game and they don't care about CNC anymore
>Based poo in loo was actually helpfull

I don’t frequent the EGS. Do you seriously have to purchase dlc one at a time?

Imagine actually buying games lmao at Epic Gay Store Shills and Steam cells

Attached: Tfw piratechad.png (976x658, 283K)

Show me Steam's roadmap.

I would be happy with anything really.

Based piratechad.

Attached: 1366856500341.jpg (268x267, 42K)

Origin support is almost amazon tier. That should be the industry standard, what makes me fucking mad is the fact that valve could be at their level but they are too lazy to fix their shit

This is you user

>Variety is bad
Jesus, just admit you are shilling man

Valve has always had shotgun approaches to their problems
People are scamming and abusing the trading system in csgo and tf2?
Lets make it so no one can trade anymore

Honestly, I think 95% of the people saying that a shopping cart is unnessecary are joking, because honestly I refuse to believe that there are people out there genuinely dumb enough to think a fucking shopping cart feature is unnessecary and that the lack of one supposedly makes each individual purchase more valuable.

I've bought plenty of games from EGS and not once have I thought to myself "I wish this site had a shopping cart".

>I dont use feature so no one else does
You sound exactly like Bethesdrone apologists

I guess there are room temperature IQ people using Yea Forums

>i'm not a dev so why should i care about a cut
So how it is, do we care about others or not?

rollerino

Lol wrong reply user

I have a 400 game backlog user. Do you think I give a shit about what Epic has?

Metro Exodus - I haven't even touched Witcher 3 yet, idc.
WWZ - Dying Light is better
Outer Worlds - Looks mundane.
Satisfactory - Never heard of it or Factorio
Dauntless - Doubt it is better then MHW.
Outer Wilds - Promised kickstarter backers Steam keys. Lied and went epic exclusive.
Control - Never heard of it
Ancestors - Why would I want to go back in time to play as a monkey?
Observation - Never heard of it
Fortnite - I don't like to play games with kids. If you want to floss on kids, fine.
MW5 - Never heard of it.
Ooblets - Mocked everyone who didn't like epic. Tim Sweeny said the unprofessional response was "Amazing".
Wattam - Never heard of it
Borderlands 3 - 2k sent goons to a Youtuber's house to intimidate him because he covered borderlands 3 leaks, then filed 200 false DMCA strikes on his youtube channel getting it taken down. Also Randy P is a scumbag who assaulted the voice actor of clap trap, and they are banning anyone on the Gearbox Forums who mis-genders fl4k and doesn't use the "they/it" pronouns.
All of David Cage's games - Beyond 2 souls was the worst piece of shit I had ever played.
Free Games Weekly - Shame there are no cloud saves for those indie games, I would rather sail the high seas for a free game then download Epic. You get the same experience more or less.

There's a difference between caring for how much money devs make and how inconvenient normal users find a store to be, you sub80iq monkey.

No one besides Epic shills care about developer cuts
Not even sónyggérs
Not even Níntódlers
Not even Xbóts
Definitly not Steamcels lmao

>I would rather sail the high seas for a free game then download Epic.
Probably a wiser decision than claiming them on EGS. There's no guarantee that EGS will even last a fucking year, but pirating these games will let you play it whenever you want even if EGS should go under.

Steam has porn games
Epic no porn games

I DONT NEED IT
I DEFEINITLY DONT NEED IT
I DONT NEED IT
I DONT NEED IT
I DONT NEED IT
I DONT NEED IT
I DONT NEED IT

wtf I love EGS now?

how is this possible? they can literally create the most complex software tool like unreal game engine but they can't make a fucking web site and game store client?

That's precisely the point. The consumer should only care what benefits the consumer, not some irrelevant shit like how much the devs get. Because all the better dev cuts in the world don't matter if the game's more expensive in your region because you happen to not live in the US.

So? If you want porn games, go buy them on Steam. If you want Epic exclusives, go buy them on Epic. That's how capitalism is supposed to work.

>Egs will not last a year
EGS = Unreal engine and unreal will not die anytime soon my nigger, daily reminder source is dead and unreal is flourishing :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STEAMCELS WHY DO WE ALWAYS FUCKING LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

shopping

cart

I don't use shopping cart so I don't care about them, I'm not a dev so I don't care about the cut. Easy right?

Meanwhile
>Maybe you don't care about shopping cart but think about others!
>I'm not a dev so I don't care about them, don't think about others

Decide

There's shopping carts in Fortnite

Games on epic are cheaper than on steam in balkans, cope

Comparing a consumer to a publisher or game developer
Loving every laugh

lestago

There are games on EGS? Last I checked Borderlands isn't out yet?

>But why is chinkland so strong ???? Fuck chinks but I don't care about working conditions I need my stuff nihilism yess
Kys

Okay, this is officially lower than room temperature IQ. This is freezing point temperature IQ.

Attached: 1514939160287.gif (384x372, 2.83M)

Point is, I don't care about either you fucking faggot

>There are games on EGS? Last I checked Borderlands isn't out yet?

Attached: 1557780055765.png (763x758, 164K)

>U stupid
Yeah, I know you're a drone already.

No one gives a shit about you no multiplayer Piratescum

You know what is even cheaper then Epic?
Sailing the high seas.
You also get the added bonus of not needing to download Epic, or have your account hacked and games stolen by a 3rd worlder since they have had multiple privacy leaks. In fact, they are being sued because of it right now.

Attached: 0a0.gif (300x227, 966K)

Then why are you even here trying to argue with me if you don't even care? Surprised you're not living in some isolated bunker in the middle of nowhere with no internet access if you care so little.

Attached: 1504958370386.jpg (639x640, 50K)

EGS is the clunkiest store ive ever seen, even polish key resellers have better stores.

If there are no good games on epic why do people even care? It's like you coping with the fact that epic is winning

Why are you even lying you subhuman, valve had more problems with hacking and malware than egs.
>They got sued because muh hacked accounts
Read your source again subhuman and stop lying it's about a potential security bug that got fixed before somebody got hacked

Well there was UT4

Reminder that Sega and Bandai-Namco told EGS to fuck off.

>have millions upon millions of dollars from china and fortnite
>throw millions at devs so they come on your platform
>somehow can't even create a basic functional online store that the average small businesses could build or have built in mere days
>b-but the 30% steam cut! think of the devs!
Pathetic.

>have millions upon millions of dollars from china
That's the issue

Sega told that if a deal is good they will take it, bandai namco is open work with egs. 30% won't last long, new generation of gamers is taking over. And it's not s secret that gaming is a hobby for kids

I'm sorry, where is the 2 factor on the Epic Store?
I'm pretty sure you can just google "Epic Privacy Leaks" and see tons of articles of how they had leaks multiple times. And here is your law suit that was recently filed as a result. I think the EU was even going to fine them...
polygon.com/2019/8/9/20799032/epic-games-fortnite-lawsuit-security-data

You know I keep thinking about this. It probably because of the limitations of the original software which was never intended to be a store front but only as a shitty game launcher. Now to add more features they will have to redo everything from the ground up. Just a guess

Jesus christ, he wants people to be able to communicate even while playing single player games!? What a monster.

How many Tim Sweeney's does it take to screw in a shopping cart?

Attached: Epic BLUNDER.jpg (407x158, 19K)

My bad, they did add 2factor because people were being hacked so much.

>t. Doesn't even have an Epic account
>Can't open up his fucking email to see several of login attempts weekly on his Epic account if he doesn't have one
>Somehow this proves that Epic's accounts are more secure than Steam's

Attached: I don't think so tim.jpg (250x297, 23K)

based and feegamespilled sweeney delivering

borderlands 3 GOTY u know it bb

>mfw I had to create an Epic account to play that free version of Unreal Tournament they were development
>Mfw for a year straight I received emails saying that someone was trying to recover my account
>mfw it just suddenly stopped

Attached: pathetic (4).jpg (478x478, 40K)

Friendly reminder that if you had GoG account in 2016 your credentials are leaked and could be used to log into your epic account

Woah, just like steam did because people were bring hacked so much

fugg

Attached: what (1).jpg (475x543, 49K)

look at his beady little dead eyes
Creepy Wanker

>doesn't use brain.exe
>wtfigothacked.jpg
>epics fault
Kys like I said epic doesn't have security problems newfaggot, learn to read before you spread bullshit

pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-confirms-forum-hack-exposed-19-million-user-accounts/

>shopping car never ever
lol disrupting the market by being the shittest version of any online store

Yes but I don't understand what that has to do with Epic, also
>It is our understanding that the obsolete forum database contained usernames, email addresses and salted MD5 passwords (MD5 is an encryption algorithm we used to encrypt your data). This means your old passwords were secured and not directly accessible by anyone

Anyone got a screenshot of him badmouthing the Hong Kong Protests?

Wouldn't be surprised if he diddles little boys to be honest

Neck yourself sub80iq monkey. Time and time again it's been shown that the EGS hackings happen completely without any form of user action. By comparison, it's on STEAM that people only lose their accounts because of stupidly clicking obvious malicious links. Epic's account info gets leaked every day, and it doesn't even matter if the user did anything stupid or not.

If your email and password was leaked somewhere else be it GoG or whatever it can be used to log into your epic account. Which is what happens 99% of the time you get e-mails from epic. You should prolly change your passwords everywhere.
What is weird to me why the fuck people try to log into epic account so hard. There is nothing to gain from it anyway

That's true if you used the same email.

Epic probably has some half-assed implementation where you can request all the data they have on you, in accordance with GDPR. I wouldn't be surprised if this includes credit card information. Hack an Epic account, request information, get credit cards, wait a few years until nobody recalls this incident, and then fraudulently spend all you wish.

It's to see if you have anything valuable in Fortnite.

Obviously, which is the case for majority of population. Steam does not suffer that problem because they don't use e-mails as a login

>Randy "If you're 14, I get extremely forward" Pitchford
>Epic
Failures made in marriage.

>wait a few years until nobody recalls this incident
literally no one that steals accounts would do this

By scamming Sega.

>Metro Exodus
>even in any leaugue like stalker

Nah, keep your hollywood shooter

It does not include credit card information.

Can't believe somebody is still falling for Epic's bullshit. They just want to become Steam with the less amount of effort possible.
Also, the whole wanting to become a competitor to Steam is just a lie. They don't want to share the pie with Steam, they just want the whole pie for themselves.

>better L4d
I typically don't use newfag meme words but this poster is absolutely coping.

Explain, you can't trade that shit anyway

they sell the account

>Epic Store customer support
>LOL WE SENT YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO SOME RANDOM SCHMUCK SUCKS TO BE YOU I GUESS NOW LET ME GET BACK TO THAT CHINESE DICK
>GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE

>We regularly delay feature releases due to shifting priorities and the need for further iteration.
what they are basically saying is: bribing developers to use our store takes priority over improving its functionality in any way.

Attached: epic tim.jpg (609x593, 109K)

To sell account you need e-mail account anyway, and selling stolen accounts is just asking for troubles. I don't see s fucking point in it

>t. got his account hacked by Zhang

>I don't have any argument so I will use one small accident as one!

But you're kind of right. Steam support team does not make mistakes, because they don't exists.

>the store will be different when the game launches
lmao they still can't figure out how to optimize a fucking webpage to run at 60fps

>one small accident

Attached: 1564865530868.png (851x785, 1.27M)

True, they whine about Steams Monopoly, but they just want the monopoly for themselves

>Developers can't even simship on both steam and Epic at the same time, cause Epic knows people won't buy from them

Attached: darqdevsaysno.jpg (1239x980, 153K)

keep seething wumao
enjoy Xi's dick

>EGS is another star citizen
Nice.

epic and fortnite-pilled

Did it happen another time?

If Epic is the only company actively trying to keep games off of Steam, but Steam literally does not give a fuck what other platforms its games are on, then how is steam binding anything to just its storefront? Sounds like you're literally praising Epic for claiming to fight a policy that only they practice.

>EPIC TAKING GAMES FROM STEAM IS GOOD
Fuck off you retards. GOG is getting caught in the cross fire of your dumb fucking fight.

Stop lying you subhuman waste of air and kill yourself already

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-18-21-47-01-008_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x1133, 238K)

Tim Sweeney and his cult is so obsessed over Steam they don't give a fuck who gets hurt in the process. The only thing they want is a monopoly. People like Tim are true scum. Wouldn't be surprised if he used to hang out with that pedophile.

>it only happened once so it's ok

There was no other platforms trying to sell third party games with DRM after 2010, and it's all thanks to steamworks.

Diablo+ FPS is a GREAT formula to sell.
That's it.

No it's not okay, but it's not something worth bragging about.

I understood what you meant
for anyone that doesnt understand: its the same thought process as microtransactions, since they are individual purchases they add up and its a little trick to make you feel like you arent spending that much because each purchase costs less

If you make 1 purchase of $100 it seems like alot
but if you make 10 individual purchases of $10 each your brain doesnt consider it to be spending as much even though in both cases you spent $100

Attached: Fifa.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

>they're still committed to the roadmap meme
Why? What's so hard about spending some time making all the features an online store is supposed to have, implementing it all into one big update, and calling it good? There's no way in hell that for all the fortnite money they have in their company coffers that they can't just hire a few software developers to just make a storefront page in a matter of weeks. Is Epic truly this lazy?

They probably would

Microsoft charge 30%
sony charge 30%
nintendo charge 30%
apple charge 30%
google charge 30%
all of this is okay

steam charge 30%
UNACCEPTABLE THIS IS EVIL

So does that mean epic is actually being even more anti-consumer

You stop lying. The one you're linking to got easily fixed because Steam was responsible and fixed that shit. Meanwhile, EGS users still get hundreds of unauthorized login attempts per week without a solution, while you'd be really unlucky if you even got one during the fuckup you're linking to. And believe me, I remember that fuckup as it was yesterday, and it just blew over. Epic's security issues, however, won't blow over until they actually pull their heads out of their asses and add 2FA or someshit.

>Why
Because they can program the NPCs to act like the roadmap means they're committed to customers instead of just being one giant monopoly in the making.

I'm just waiting for the day when these people realize Tim Sweeney isn't actually their messiah and wont even let faildevs anywhere near EGS.

He was talking about PC gaming, you stupid nigger.

fuck this, here's the entire fucking twitter
twitter.com/50urc3c0d3/with_replies

Attached: chrome_2019-08-31_22-39-19.png (898x768, 139K)

>We curate our store to ensure only the best games are on there
>Ooblets
>Bee game
>Indie trash that looks like it came out of one of Sony's desperation conferences

Attached: [half crying half laughing].jpg (500x281, 86K)

Is this guy actually chinese? His english is stilted and weird

What in the actual fuck is this person?

It's not something worth downplaying either

>Sadly, they will disappear with the death of steam
Have you never heard of piracy?

Attached: 1553116596784.jpg (1920x1080, 838K)

>voluntary steam exclusive who didn't sign a contract

>sony putting games on epic
this is because microsoft is putting their games on steam isnt it?

So all the Epic exclusives won't disappear with the death of Epic?

>says cyberbully
Is this the gay from yesterday's thread or are all epicdrones basing their lines from the same guidebook

So what you're saying is that, since developers and publishers used the platform that was most convenient to their customers and themselves, somehow that means Steam is enforcing exclusivity and not allowing games on their store to be sold elsewhere?

>it's not something worth bragging about
Of course not, epic shouldn't be bragging about leaking personal data to another person through a request

He mentioned darwinia so most likely he's an epic shill on Yea Forums

>Descartes quote
>Voltaire pic
HMMMMMM

you might have a point if consoles didnt exist
console version will have microtransactions so any pc version regardless of shopping cart will have microtransactions aswell, infact they will probably just make it so you can buy them in game rarther than going through the storefront's regular process

Nope, epic does not have anything software wise that prevent selling games from their store on other stores

As opposed to what?

>infact they will probably just make it so you can buy them in game
And it's already happening in a way

Yes, just like valve and publisher decided to kill other storefronts years ago now epic and publishers will kill steam. And no, no one liked steam back then either

>And yes, all the crazy microtransaction cosmetic shit and DLC probably wouldn't be there without a shopping cart because it would be too much of a hassle for consumers to buy everything on it own
>too much of a hassle
What the fuck is this

>How could you not have considered my niche philosophical interpretation on the nature of conflict when arguing with me on the internet?

Goodness gracious user, get some perspective please

As opposed to steam DRM and steamworks.

Steamworks is completely optional, the publisher decides if they want it or not.
How do you explain all the games you can already buy on both steam and other storefronts like EGS or GOG?

Most of it is optional and because of lazy devs

>Steam DRM prevents a company from releasing their game on multiple platforms
Huh, I guess that's why Yakuza 0 is on Steam and Playstation ...

Many of those storefronts supported drm themselves and couldn't compete due to steamworks giving publishers what they wanted while being more mainstream than them

Honestly i feel like the reason some people are so pro-steam is because:
>ability to reviewbomb
>steam has visual novels
>my weeb and pony community groups
I can't really think of any other reason

You don't need a shopping cart if you don't buy any games from EGS

It isn't a philosophical interpretation. It is merely a semantic difference.

If they are doing it on purpose yes
And its hard to believe that they cant program a shopping cart when students can do this so its most likely on purpose

If those are the only reasons you can come up with then I weep for you.

>semantic difference
So completely fucking irrelevant to anything.
Take your fake intellectualism and go.

why would the pc cut be different to digital sales on console and even if we're talking about just pc

Microsoft app store takes 30%
Gog takes 30%
and Origin for the few games that are on it that arent published by EA themselves, they take 30%

In case of GoG it's easy, no DRM. In terms of games sold on epic it's also easy, they are DRM free or have their own DRM such as subnstica. You can delete and replace steamworks shit, but it cost money to do hence why shit like Discord store was doomed to failure. No one is going to do that for a small storefront, and you won't became big by not selling games.

There is s very good reason why steam has had no competition and it's not due to them being better at the time.

discounts can be done in any shop and i don't care about anything else

Are you baiting me? Or are you seriously this ignorant of how software fucking works?

Steam has had no competition because nobody wanted to compete. Epic LITERALLY abandoned PC gaming screeching about pirates. Gaben is the one that said piracy is a service problem, even though he's wrong because you can literally suck their dicks and piratefags will still pirate

Are you Because your posts are too similar to him

Correct, steam was the biggest storefront due to popularity of their first party exclusives and then they use that market share to obliterate their competitors. Note steamdrm was not optional for a few years when competition exsisted. It was directly targeted at competitiors and steam won, it's because they are not good guys like some fags like to believe. Steam is a buisness, extremely profitable one

>Note steamdrm was not optional for a few years when competition exsisted
Where is the source

>Steam has had no competition because nobody wanted to compete.

How fucking old are you? Jesus christ

It isn't intellectualism you fucking brainlet. That was the point of saying that it was a semantics thing and not a philosophical thing you absolute retard.

Nah, but I may as well just copy his twits. Will save me some time

>How old are you
I used to play games on DOS as a kid.

Because all my games are on steam
If I cant have all my games in one place then what reason do I have not to just pirate everything instead and make a folder where I have all my games in one place

Attached: Cute pirate lass.jpg (450x426, 166K)

>ITT: people who don't understand modern web development processes

Attached: scrum335.jpg (490x276, 61K)

I bought a R4 clone, and that site had a cart.

Trying to argue semantics of the use of a word like "defeat" is fucking stupid to begin with when the post is not even targeted at you

Then Epic is even worse then

>no I'm not but I copy his tweets anyway
fuck off 50urc3c0d3

Doubt, but whatever. Impulse,gamersgate,direct2drive were the major competitors. There was a couple of smaller ones however they all perished with the introduction of steamdrm.
geek.com/games/valve-adds-ceg-to-steamworks-removing-need-for-games-drm-724892/

Before that it was obviously required

>Before that it was obviously required
where was the statement that steamworks was compulsory for all games on the steam store before that

>Doubt but whatever
While I no longer have that machine, i literally have my Windows 98 machine sitting next to me right now at least. It's my 2000 dollar coffee table.
>steamdrm
Show me where steamdrm has prevented games from releasing on other platforms. Do you even know what DRM is?

>Shopping cart
>Steam workshop
>Trading and trading cards
>Refunds
>Two way authentication with phone app
>Steam share (sharing games with friends)
>Integrated streaming service.
>Gifting games.
>Steam overlay (and all of its features)
>Gift cards and sending virtual giftcards to friends.
>Big picture mode and per game controller rebindings.
Epic has so little features and the only reason people like epic is counter culture and nothing more.

>Hey, we add option for your games to be drm free on steam now.
>Where is the proof that games before that were forced to use drm

And i wasted 30 seconds of my life googling it for you, i guess i lose here.

Rag Doll Kung Fu was released on steam as the first third party game and it didn't have steamworks

>“Another trend we have seen in the past year has been Valve’s successful work with getting Steamworks licensed as a DRM solution by major publishers. Once a game requires Steamworks, it is effectively cut off from us, which limits our content. Examples of this include THQ’s Dawn of War II, SEGA’s Empire: Total War, and more recently Activision’s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2. The problem is that it is not practical for us to install a game that in turn requires the installation of a competitor’s store and platform in order to play.”

Yes, i know what steam drm is. It's uplay like drm.

Attached: chink epicgames.png (786x585, 221K)

I don't get it.

rick and morty is in outer space.

>when the post is not even targeted at you
Oh yeah lets just reply to people without "targeting" our post to them.

and where is the evidence that it was compulsory to use steamworks when you signed up with steam

Neither will the EGS.

They were not able to even verify if you own the product withouth steamDRM before 2009. But if you have any source to support your claim that will prove that it was in fact drm free before 2009 i will obviously accept that i'm a moron

There was no other option to sell your game on steam otherwise? That's quite compulsory if you ask me

Attached: 1382997001100.jpg (716x724, 52K)

Where is this quote from? I want more context. If they're just crying that they don't have anything that is equivalent to steam works, that's a them problem, not a steam problem.

store.steampowered.com/app/587420/
>yfw this will never be a free game on EGS

community.eurogamer.net/thread/167482

Even if they had their own solution of that kind publishers would not opt to maitain 2 version of the same games just to sell it on storefront with 10% market. It's just better to let it die, and it's not like people had any kind of brand loyalty to storefronts back then anyway.

>next to minecraft
minecraft has beat it though
>MW5
Mechwarrior 5 will be terrible
LIVING LEGENDS GANG

Attached: elemental mug.jpg (236x251, 42K)

Yeah, that pretty much boils down to a them problem.
>What the fuck? We have to compete with a superior service?!?

NO! Steam was just as bad 20 years ago, stop bullying Epic!

Stardock was doing everything steam was doing and even more. But they steam had exclusives, very popular ones so it was bigger. and they used that to destroy competition.
Also, steam vowed to destroy physical copies which was something publishers wanted.
Stardock wanted to preserve them, and it's one of the reason they are dead now. They were more pro-consumer

Yeah, it's what happens in markets where the competitor is already fucking strong to begin with and is able to compete from a stronger front.
This is what happens in most "free" markets

Ok, now I know you're this faggot but what I dont know is why you're shilling your drivel here
>The problem is that it is not practical for us to install a game that in turn requires the installation of a competitor’s store and platform in order to play it
There's no point to install one DRM when the game requires another and in this regard, they have a point. That didnt stop steam from hosting Ubisoft games, now did it? Since they all require Uplay as well, Steam could pull the very same excuse as Stardock did and dump them when Uplay launched in 2012, yet they didnt. Wanna explain that?

Why do publishers feel entitled to have everyone sign up for their own launcher when we can just pirate shit?