Tfw most people on Yea Forums are too young to remember the times when the arrow keys on a keyboard were the default...

>tfw most people on Yea Forums are too young to remember the times when the arrow keys on a keyboard were the default controls for racing games

Attached: SCREAMER.jpg (640x480, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2uhtPLhprnI
youtube.com/watch?v=jLbyy-65bG0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Screamer series were shit.

Shut up old man, noone cares about your old pos game lel we have dirt rally and grid so keep playing your nostalgic shitbox games

Im 22
I didnt have a computer until I was 14 in 2012.
So I wouldnt know.
I spent most of my time playing bargin bin snes games and gamecube games
I really loved the game "the mask", but after looking it up people really thought it was a shit game. I still dont see it

i literally never used anything other than the arrow keys to control my cars in these games, not even on consoles

I've always wanted to try the old Need For Speed games, because somehow I never played any of them. I know 3 and 4 have awesome soundtracks so those are the ones I'm planning on playing. Are the PS1 versions acceptable or do I try to find downloads for the PC copies

last racing game i played on PC was trackmania nations forever, and it still had arrow key controls

Porsche 2000 is a must if you are interested in NFS series. PC is always the proper version because muh graphics.

I'm a little worried about compatibility because I only have a Windows 10 pc

lol your shit

git gud

>tfw most people on Yea Forums are too young to remember the times of QAOP

Whiplash was better.

Attached: Corkscrew[1].jpg (654x437, 111K)

>Yeaaaaaaaaahoooooooo~

you can still play recent arcade racing games in a keyboard, but they were never the best way to play old racing games

youtube.com/watch?v=2uhtPLhprnI

i member whiplash.

People say that HP2 is better on PS2.
High Stakes PC version also has tracks from IIIHP

>Are the PS1 versions acceptable
I pretty much prefer the PS1 version of NFS 3 and 4, specially the latter. I always felt the controls are a bit off on pc, console version is fucking great on that department. Playing them on Beetle PSX is a great improvement in the experience as it allows you to play at 60fps. As for original NFS and Porsche Unleashed, there isn't even a discussion about how the pc version is superior, try them. I never liked NFS2 so I don't have an opinion about the best version

It's weird how PS1 Porsche Unleashed is pretty much an entirely different game from the superior PC version.

Love the classic soundtrack on PS1

youtube.com/watch?v=jLbyy-65bG0

Attached: derp.png (475x501, 27K)

Anyone else play this as a kid

Attached: vette_1.gif (640x400, 32K)

I haven't, but after seeing a youtube run of it, game looks pretty damn comfy. Also boy did Spectrum HoloByte shit out a lot of games in the msdos era. They even published Stunt Driver, although it paled in comparison to Stunts by Broderbund.

Attached: stunts1.gif (640x480, 33K)

You were playing the wrong games.

Attached: FatalRacing.jpg (640x400, 107K)

>be me at 14 years old
>enjoy trackmania nations
>play with keyboard
>one day go to local tourney and compete in cod
>see they also have a trackmania tournament
>ask organizers if I can join, even though I'd be a late entry
>they say ok because they recognize my name from the cod tourney
>100 man race
>finish 13th
>all cunts above me used a controller
>i played with a keyboard like a purist

that's my story

You mean they're not anymore ?!?

AZ = Accel/brake
Keys left/right = Steer
Keys up/down = Gear change

Of course there's no excuse to race with a keyboard in 2019, just get a DS4

HP2 is primarily a console game. The PC version is just a conversion. It's obvious. That's when the classic NFS died.
The classic installments (NFS 1-5) were made by EA Canada, the same guys who made Test Drive 1 & 2 and Stunts.
High Stakes has all the content from NFS 3 AFAIK. It's basically improved NFS 3 with damage model etc...

Attached: maxresdefault (13).jpg (1280x720, 85K)