Have any of you actually played Final Fantasy 7 recently?

Have any of you actually played Final Fantasy 7 recently?
It is so janky and borderline unplayable

You constantly walk into invisible walls, all the minigames have terrible controls, and the game is SOOOO grindy! You have to grind limits, you have to grind materia points...
Older games play better, newer games play better
It aged terribly

Attached: final fantasy 7.jpg (616x353, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CDpTN80PB2w
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhKL7povZI4
youtu.be/dKBz1KsQY1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not really grindy as far as the main story goes you'll naturally level a lot of magic materia to the max, only the optional stuff requires grinding and it's like that in every FF.

What do you mean recently? People who actually played it did it 12 years ago, lill zoomie

I played it recently and I can confirm it is the best game ever made and the best game it is possible to make.

It also has the best minigames ever conceived by man. The greatest story ever written. The most fluid combat ever and the best magic system. The most compelling main character and the best villain in the history of fiction. Everything about this game sceams class and quality and dedication to the finished product. When you search 'Cid theme' on YouTube the Cid theme from FFVII come up, not the theme from any of the other shit final fantasies no one cares about. It stands above and beyond all other titles, a timeless masterpiece. Now sit down and drink your goddamn tea!

FF9 is better.

what are the best mods for the steam version?

Just finished ff7 for the first time and its great, op is just a faggot like usual. It was also my first final fantasy, which one should I play next?

You don't have to grind shit unless you suck

replayed it recently, still a great game
yeah, sometimes you can get stuck in weird edges in walls, but i dont think its sometime to be that annoyed about
and you never 'need' to grind, i only had to do it for one or two bosses, but im pretty bad at jrpgs and i forgor to get that shield ability with enemy materia

Yes. That's why people have been begging for a remake of 9 and posting fap threads of the cuties of 9 for years. Oh wait they do that for VII. 9 is a shit final fantasy no one cares about. Final Fantasy VII is not part of the Final Fantasy series. It stands above, beyond them, and so cannot be compared to any of those nerdy jrpgs. Like a golden shiny wire of hope blazing brilliantly above all gaming, as if to say 'this is what a game should be.' It cannot be surpassed or sullied in any way and no, I will not be playing the remake. Perfection cannot be remade.

>I'm retarded

Just replay VII. You already played the best Final Fantasy the others are a waste of time.

What the fuck are you supposed to do in the marching minigame?

run into the middle of the back row of a brick not the very bottom.

Run as soon as he says to

Try not to fuck up on TV. Don't make the unit look bad.

It holds up if you can fast forward. The writing is a relict of the past tho.

It's a prank, you can't win it without mods

XIII

The people who wanted a 7 remake are KH kids who never played the original because they think it looks bad graphically but thy still jerk over the KH emo Cloud. Not saying that 9 is better, but saying 9 is shit shows that you are clinicalky retarded (only the battle system is absolute shit in 9).

The people that wanted the remake saw what square did with FF8 and FF10. The Ff7 remake has been a thing for decades.

This thread is so fucking retarded. Too many bullshit

It aged fine, whore.

Attached: 777777777.png (352x150, 78K)

WRONG. The writing is perfect, the most flawless translation of any Japanese words ever made. Plus 1997 was the pinnacle of human civilization, and if you have a problem with the vernacular we used back then you can get in the kitchen and make the goddamn tea, you spiky headed retard.

All Final Fantasy games are weebcore trash for turbonerds. Except Final Fantasy VII which is the best video game ever made, and the best video game it is possible to make. That is objective fact and cannot be disputed. Hope that clears things up.

DUDE LETS MOSEY

DILLY DALLY

Mini games are shit, invisible walls are prevalent but less significant than in action games of that era, grinding is... impossible to imagine. It's literally the least grindy jrpg there is. The game intentionally gives you a vast flexible toolset, levels your out of party characters and stores vast quantities of fancy-ass skills/gears in secret areas which you can obtain and use to smash through any challenges. You will max everything you need to beat the game plus time to spare without ever grinding.

Can you imagine unironically thinking that posting this would make you a halfway decent troll?

You lost, matey? This thread is for appreciation of the best game ever made. Fuck off to your smash threads if you don't like it.

FF7 is about as janky as any other jrpg you dumb faggot NIGGER

The only janky thing about that game is the fact that sometimes it's really hard the see who your cursor is pointing at in combat

BWAW! Dudududu dum dodododle doodle dodo
Do doodledoodle doodle bwaa BABABA
DUM! Dundum do doodledoodle dodo
Do doodledoodle dodo dodo doodledoodle doodlEDoooooooooooo

>The greatest story ever written.

Attached: aeris-cloud-why-dont-you-dress-up-like-a-girl-18790614.png (500x422, 101K)

The only part I agree with is grinding for AP.

>confirmed to still be in the game
I cannot fucking wait for this twink to get dolled up in 1080p

Attached: twink.png (1280x720, 841K)

Chrono Trigger is the only good Square JRPG

A deeply humanising portrayal of the trans community in a setting of serious high drama twenty years before trans acceptance was a thing. I don't see your problem.

When are prerendered backgrounds coming back, bros?

Attached: Gors8VF[1].png (448x592, 335K)

This user's got the right idea. The FF7 localization was one person & it led to a focused and consistent script. Other localization have multiple translators & therefor lose focus from different inconsistent interpretations

Attached: DYh7EmaVoAAyjv5.jpg (360x252, 25K)

>game came out 22 years ago
>this guy posting with a ten year long gap
I thought we told you time travelling fucks to stay the hell out of here. You really want to push this and see what happens to you?

>It aged terribly
It was outdated within years, user. I played it after 9 came out and it already felt a bit shit.

The nuances of Aeris and Cloud's relationship were lost though.

>it's good!
That's not an argument. And if you think Cloud is compelling you must've loved Lightning

Playing it again right now after 15 years or so. It is fine. So many little stuff you will never ever see in the remake. Sure it looks dated as fuck but that is it.

Like all PS1-era JRPGs just play on an emulator with fastforward or on PC with cheat engine's speedhack enabled. Having keys dedicated to toggle 1x, 2x, and 5x speeds are recommended for all PS1 RPGs.

Yes they're old and feel mindbogglingly slow to you today, but at the time, in 1997 you didn't care because the visuals were enough to wow you. So waiting 30+ seconds while an elaborate attack animation plays out, or 5+ for the screen to transition from world to battle wasn't a problem, now it is.

The transitions are pretty fucking fast in 7, I don't know what kind of ADHD y'all bitches have.

>fucking with the music
no

>visuals to wow you
Final Fantasy 7 was ugly as fuck most of the time.
You know we had stuff like Crash and Myst back then, and Final Fantasy 8 just a bit later blew it out of the water

The content is a little too highbrow for you then, user. Most of the themes and deep philosophical meanings probably went over your head.

*blocks your path*

Attached: latest[1].png (565x415, 152K)

>The transitions are pretty fucking fast in 7
>PSHSSSS
>Screen pauses for a second
>Swirl effect
>Zoom effect
>2 second pause
>Glass breaks
>Battle characters load in while camera slowly pans into position
>idle animation loops 3 times
>ATB window finally pops up and lets you make a choice

Playing through it for the first time, the way dialogue is handled is pretty off.

>reee this 22 year old game isnt up to my standards!!!

Final Fantasy VII has the best artstyle and graphics of any game before or since, and they still hold up today, even on PS1. You just fail to appreciate them because you are a philistine pleb.
See pic related

fuck off retard

>salty zooms will never experience 1997, the pinnacle of gaming

I know you're too young to remember this but FF7 was actually a visual powerhouse for '97, those battle animations were stunning to behold in their day and people were wow'd by them. Never before had people seen such over-the-top cinematic attacks in a game and the camera zooms in close to the model to catch ever detail of them in three dimensions.

FF7 was leaps and bounds ahead of contemporary PC RPGs, even games that came out later like Baldur's Gate paled in comparison and looked dated because they were still using 2D sprites while this game was fully 3D and had these richly animated real-time cinematic. Yes, FF8 out did FF7 but I don't see how that has anything to do with FF7's wow factor circa 1997.

FF7 came out in the same year as megaman legends and that game looked a hundred times better.

Everybody was making fun of the shit FF7 lego models.

Attached: 1555748419054.jpg (800x450, 62K)

>You in the wrong part of town, Chio.

Attached: latest[1].png (293x332, 70K)

I dont remember any "invisible walls" as the term is classically used. There are a few areas where the background and foreground meld together in an annoying way though.

Yes, all of the minigames were shit.

It was grindy if you wanted to goof around and max out the materia to OP levels but grinding wasnt needed to finish the game. The last boss level scales anyway.

I'll agree it's not the holy grail of gaming but it's a very good game.

>ff7
>legend of dragoon
>legend of legaia
>suikoden 2
take me back, please

You sound like a nigger.

In 9 replace the 2 second pause with 20 seconds

None of this is actually true, just goes to show you weren't alive at the time. Love for the look of MML is a modern phenomenon not reflected at the time. MML was despised in it's day and only a very small audience appreciated what it was going for.

It is true the chibi world models were mocked, but again that didn't take away from the battle models or animations which were universally praised. This is the kind of thing you'd only understand if you were alive at the time, which you most certainly were not.

This and 1998. Late 90s was very nice.

>None of this is actually true
lmao

Great game still
the ps4 theme that comes with it is also dope
youtube.com/watch?v=CDpTN80PB2w

>Zoomer ran out of arguments
Owned.

>historical revisionism
>argument

A cheat engine speedhack will leave the music unmolested unlike the fastforward on an emulator, too bad most PS1-era JRPGs don't have PC ports, but for those with them like FF7 and Grandia it's entirely an option.

FF7:RE will be great.

Attached: tifa_bigger.webm (850x530, 2.9M)

This 10fps shit is unplayable

>Spout bullshit
>Gets called out
>HISTORICAL REVISIONISM! LMAO! LOL I WIN! OFF YIKES BUZZWORD
You're not going to convince anyone like this kiddo.

bad shitpost.

so fucking hyped
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhKL7povZI4

>Element+Fire on armor
>Enemy.Skill materia
>Everyone on the back row
>Spam poison on it
>Pray it doesn't yeet your enemy.skill character off
>Keep defending
>He uses beta
>Enemy materia dude lives
>Use Beta
>Win
Nothing personnel, kid

Wow you've gone so far you're not even bothering to type out an actual bad shitpost you're just saying it and hope I imagine it for you.

bad shitpost

You have to be 18 to post here

comment which dissects your bad shitposts and proves you wrong

I dont think I've ever grinded in FF7, maybe occasionally whenever I get a little lost or if I wanted to do postgame stuff.

FF7 models literally fall apart its an incredibly ugly game.

There isn't a postgame in FF7 after you beat Sephiroth the game literally ends on a starfield screensaver with no way to continue. There is plenty of endgame content though.

Beta, Trine, and Aqualung was so stupid. They pretty much murdered everything up until you got magic breath at which point magic breath murdered everything

Disc 3 is functionally the post game

Did a playthrough about a month ago. It was a blast.

No, that's endgame because it's all available leading up to the end of the game.

Postgame is AFTER the game is over, in other words after you've resolved the main conflict, watched the ending, and watched the credits roll you have new stuff you can do. Dragon's Dogma and Dragon Quest XI are examples of games which has copious amounts of postgame content, because after you kill the final boss and watch the ending/credits you unlock more of the game to play.

The combat is pretty basic on not that interesting
Most of the game feels kind of padded, it's just a wild goose chase following Sephiroth's bread crumbs with a couple spikes of important events

Navigation sucks. The Select button function of highlighting doorways on the map shouldn't exist. There should be no reason for it.

Aerith's death is poorly-placed and unless you're a small child or a puppy, you're probably not going to be adequately invested in her as a character when she dies.
Ultimately, the impact is closer to "shit, I lost my healer" than "I can't believe Aerith is dead"
It also doesn't feel organic how much Cloud is affected by it with how little time he's actually spent with her.

Also
The translation was shit

Overall, it's not a bad game.
But it's not amazing by any means, and there are a number of contemporary and older RPGs that delivered a better experience.

Latest patch fixes all these issues. Just have to wait to pass cert

Friendly reminder that the game ends before you raid Shinra

Attached: Ff7Kotaku.png (797x519, 262K)

>DLC

But the shinra tower is already in the game? It wouldn't make any sense to end it there.

God damn you give me the sauce

redmoa

>Kotaku
>Potentially
>Yea Forums in charge of reading

Ignore those other responses, just move straight on to VIII. It's got a similar kind of setting and tone so it's a pretty easy jump to make. If you plan to play more past that I'd say go as low as IV, (PS1 version for V and VI, PSP version'll do you for IV, and possibly the Dawn of Souls or 20th Anniversary version of FF1, you can ignore II and III) and go as high as XII. XIV's not too bad if you're a fan of the series, certainly leagues better than XIII or XV, but it is an MMO so there's that to consider.

Played it last year for the first time. Didn't need to grind at all for main story thread, and the only bad controls were from frequent camera shifts changing d-pad directions.

Attached: You came to the wrong valley, motherfucker.png (575x406, 437K)

I tried playing it for the first time this year, I gave up when Cid becomes leader and you're getting the big materia
The sheer fucking amount of minigames every other step is infuriating and I can't fathom how tedious most side quests must be
I'll stick to SNES era jrpgs thanks

>It was also my first final fantasy, which one should I play next?
FF7
FF6 (Terra)
FF5 (Bartz)
FF4 (Cacil Harvey)
The ones before it are a bit more basic and weird, the ones after it just start to lose charm gameplay-system-wise (8's pretty good, but enemies scale to your level so you never feel more powerful, 9's weapon-learning system is boring)
The spin-off tactics games are great.

>t. just another "gaming journalist"

Yikes.

You saw 22 frames of Cloud running threw the first floor lobby, that isn't a confirmation that the entire area is complete and in a shippable state or that it'll make it into the first game. Plenty of shit we see in trailers never makes it into the game and this in particular with the dev team unsure how many parts they're going to ultimately divide it into (all we know so far is the number is ≥4) and where these divisions will come will be especially susceptible to that.

yeah, this game is really fucking shit and thats why it will be forgotten to the oblivion
the game itself is the most emo edgy shit square enix has done

Seethe

Get your tinfoil hat off

>and the game is SOOOO grindy!
thats were you went overboard

no that would be ff9.

youtu.be/dKBz1KsQY1Y

Your opinion is invalid

prozd is so wholesome

>mobile game dev hack fraud

>I saw 22 frames of a character running through the entrance to an area
>that means the entire area and all 19 playable floors and related events are currently complete and ready to ship and will make it into part 1 despite evidence to the contrary
If only the real world worked like your fairyland dream.

>I didn't see Reno
>that means Reno is cut from the game entirely
Again, take your tinfoil hat off.

Yeah, he is. I like him a lot.

I did, I tried speedrunning it my own way without looking for speedkill strats and stuff like that. I got cockblocked by the demon wall. Didnt remember it having so fucking high magic resistance and i dont have Tifa in party so im more or less fucked.

Did a small detour at Junon to get second enemy skill materia and pretty much plowed through everything with double aqualung.

FF 7 and 8 were the nu God of War of their time.
Disliked by pretty much anyone who actually enjoyed RPGs as a chore with too many needless cutscenes and filler.

I just played it last year, and everything you said is wrong.

how did you become that much of a flaming faggot?

Attached: 1560553881287.jpg (2894x4093, 2.72M)

lmao

That's not even remotely the same argument. You're saying you saw something in the trailer therefor it is 100% confirmed, I explained to you why that's isn't the case but you refuse to see reason and now you're strawmanning.

>When you search 'Cid theme' on YouTube the Cid theme from FFVII come up
The only FF games I know of with a Cid theme are 4 and 7 and no shit 7 is way more popular than 4.

See, the thing is that your argument is dumb in the first place considering that your argument assumes that the only thing we saw of Shinra HQ in any trailer was the lobby, which means that you never bothered to go and check.

>it's popular so it's good

Attached: 1566806881448.gif (800x800, 195K)

How does another 3 second snippet from another trailer invalidate anything I've said? Use logic.

>FF5 (Bartz)
patricians play RPGe with Butz.

>not just renaming Butz to Bartz

I played it about a year ago, and I was impressed with how well it stood up over time. I had a better appreciation for how to really exploit the materia system to make some really cool effects on my party. Not to mention that the soundtrack is probably the best thing Square as put out.

OP probably just doesn't enjoy video games anymore. Sad.