Introduce a friend of mine who loves FF12+ but hasn't played the older games to FF1 NES

>introduce a friend of mine who loves FF12+ but hasn't played the older games to FF1 NES
>he says it's old, slow, and boring

What did he mean by this?

Attached: 220px-Final_Fantasy_I_Lich_Battle (1).png (220x206, 20K)

He's kind of right. It's fine as a game but it's definitely "yep this was before there was much to it"

>What did he mean by this?

He isn't a boomer or an autist so he doesn't like shitty retro games. Deal with it, faggot.

FF1 is great but I can understand underages don't liking it, vanilla NES game is pretty rough in the edges

Baaed

he meant that the game was old, slow, and boring. Which ff1 is

He should play the randomizer mods instead. Pretty novel but popular twist to the original game with QoL changes too

How could retro games even recover?

How am I a Boomer? I was only four months old when FF1 was first released in Japan.

FUCKING BASED

WTF? You are so old I feel terrified. Please go away pedo.

FF2 is more fun than 1, prove me wrong.

B A S E D

Back you go.

>"Zoom zoom, old game bad!"

of all the FF games you could have told our friend to play, why on earth would you have shown them 1?

based af

To be fair, probably to show him where it all started.
But if you really wanted to try and get him into the series, 6 or 7 would be better. You could try and get past the "slow" part by maxing the ATB speed in those, force him to think fast.

>slow
FF1 isn't slow, you can beat the whole game in like 6 hours. I think I did, on my first playthrough.
And then I got to 2 and got bored, so I'm probably not one to talk.

What's wrong with FF1...? People were utterly blown away by the game when it first came out.

Oh shit I just realized Overlords design was based off of classic final fantasy

Attached: 680DA834-1052-4D91-A8B2-80B219493356.png (727x792, 527K)

There's nothing wrong with it, but as you said. When it came out. There's nothing special about it now, nothing that other games (in its own series, even) don't do better.

Times change. I personally love the game, but when I started showing turn based games to my wife, I never in a million years would have shown her FF1, she would have never played a turn based game again. It's incredibly slow and boring by the standard of modern RPG's.

yeah I bet they were, just like people were blown away thousands of years ago when the wheel was invented

Menu simulators aren’t fun. Your friend just has standards, unlike yourself.

Attached: 2455F42A-311C-413C-80D4-71AB0DB9EC35.jpg (1024x576, 53K)

why do redditors like this character and astolfo so much?

I love JRPGs, go fuck yourself.

Attached: 1566779314636.gif (600x338, 762K)

5, 6, 7, 9, 10 are all resonable starting points (especially if he liked 12). showing them FF1 as a starting point will just guarantee they won't be going back to try out any of the retro game because they will think they are all boring.

In a lot of ways, FF9 is more retro than FF1, though.

>all these wannabe boomers shitting on the game they supposedly played but haven't tried the Randomizer Races

Zoom zoom zoom

Attached: maxresdefault (10).jpg (1280x720, 315K)

randomizers are a zoomer thing though

You didn't at least show him the psp version?

>This type of post is now praised on Yea Forums
Fuck you casual

>he says it's old
HOW COULD HE

FF1 NES is complete buggy shit mechanics-wise. I mean, targeting an enemy who dies before your attack makes you miss? Ridiculous, and probably not even a bug

He means that the game is old, slow, and boring, you shit for brains.

It was standard fare at the time. Not sure if redirected attacks would have been complicated to program, or if it was considered to add to the need for strategy.