Cyberpunk RPGs

>Yea Forums loves Human Revolution despite being incredibly dumbed down
>but they have been shitting on Cyberpunk 2077 relentlessly
Why? As someone who was disappointed with the modern Deus Ex games, I'm not sure what to think about CP2077, but I can't understand how someone who loves Human Revolution would detest it that much.

Attached: 17327128128.jpg (2000x2000, 895K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wsO08sUq6vI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who exactly is Yea Forums?

The tranny from CP2077

The CP2077 twitter very clearly states it is an action-advtenture game, not an rpg.

>Yea Forums loves Human Revolution
>but they have been shitting on Cyberpunk 2077
You're either the samefag who posts those Cyberpunk threads or just a retard.

Attached: 1566688316524.gif (500x375, 340K)

It's probably just that one autist who fixates on a certain game to shit on he's had Cyberpunk in his sights since day 1

Because Deux Ex had gameplay, and a pretty good one. Meanwhile CDPR hadn't shown us even 5 seconds of consistent gameplay footage so far, only half a second long shots of random animations

Deus Ex Human Revolution I mean (original too but we're discussing the prequels so I refererd to HR as it is the only one of prequels that I played)

sauce?

>Deus Ex Human Revolution I mean

>Human Revolution
>QTE cutscenes
>good gameplay

CP2077 already looks vastly better from a gameplay standpoint.

Attached: 1j9ywu.jpg (400x369, 77K)

Human Revolution didn't have a single QTE you liar.

>Human Revolution didn't have a single QTE you liar.
Maybe not QTE's, but it has contextual prompts that launch you into a cutscene or 3rd person mode for damn near everything from takedowns to augmentations to the simple act of climbing a fucking ladder. It's a very clunky way of designing gameplay. It honestly feels like some weird relic from the 90's when developers were still figuring out 3D gameplay. Heck, it's more archaic than the original Deus Ex, a game that is 20 years old.

There's been a lot of shitty drama and virtue signalling surrounding CP 2077. HR, not so much(or not at all. I don't remember any offhand.)
That's all anything really needs to get dunked on here.

I unironically liked IW.
It also introduced me to the Kidneythieves, who I have since come to love.
youtube.com/watch?v=wsO08sUq6vI

Attached: NG Resonance.png (500x885, 824K)

How many of these retarded images have you made? Hundreds? Jesus Christ you're autistic.

They have the 48 minute long demo from 2018. It's still a bit too scripted for my liking but it gives you a good idea of what the game will be like

Again you worded your post bad. It isn't contextual (mostly, which I will explain later in this post). It would be contextual if you had a single button (usually F or X) to press for the game to decide which action to perform depending on the context with no player agency at all. So it would look like:
>go through a level and see an electronic box, press X for an uninteractive animation of cutting wires to play
>go further, end up behind an enemy, press X for an uninteractive animation of beating the shit out of him to play
>go further, see a naked lady, press X for an uninteractive animation of licking her butthole to play
This is exactly how CP2077 worked in both trailers. All of it is done through one button and all of it is uninteractive.
Whilr takedowns in Human Revolution and Typhoon attack (only cases of what you mention, I ignored the ladders because dude, they're fucking ladders, it's not gameplay in the sense hacking or attacking enemies is) both were uninteractive, and takedown was contextual since it could only be used in the context of being near an enemy, both were used through a different button and both allowed player agency in their usage, since you could use Typhoon anywhere at any moment if you had ammo for it, and you could dispatch enemies through means other than takedowns (as opposed to what contextual actions look like in CP2077 trailers where you can't do anything other with, for example, electronics box other than press X at it)

>Whilr takedowns in Human Revolution and Typhoon attack (only cases of what you mention

>what is punching walls
>what is icarus landing
>what is taking cover
>what is jumpping from cover to cover

>It isn't contextual
It absolutely is. In the first Deus Ex, you could use a melee attack to break glass, break crates, bash open doors, or hit any surface to create a stealth distraction.

You can't do this in Human Revolution because actions are contextual. You seriously don't see the issue with this?

Takedowns in HR/MD
>you can press the takedown button from a great distance, even if you couldn't physically reach the target, even behind the safety of cover, and the game will play a cutscene where Jensen teleports to the target, you can even take down multiple enemies at once.
>time is frozen while the takedown plays, so you are safe from surrounding enemies
>the game can misinterpret your actions, at one point. you face an enemy holding a hostage. If you have the double takedown, the game will knock down or even murder both the enemy and their hostage. Care to defend that one, genius?
>you can only use your arm blades for takedowns, meaning jensen can't bash open a crate or break a window to gain entry, or hit a surface with his arm blade for a stealth distraction or any number of basic actions
>there is no meaningful difference between non-lethal and lethal...except non-lethal rewards twice as much XP and is silent, so why on earth would you ever lethal. This removes player choice.

Melee attacks in DX
>you have to actually walk up to the target and make sure they are within the physical attack range of your weapon. if stealthing, you have to sneak up on them without alerting them
>at no point is time frozen, the player constantly has to be anticipate any other enemies in the vicinity
>you are always in full control, failure comes from the player themselves messing up.
>besides combat, you can bash open crates, bash doors, break glass, hit a surface to create a distraction or do any number of things
>the distinction between lethal and non-lethal is actually relevant for gameplay. Lethal weapons are stronger, but non-lethal weapons can have some advantages. e.g. MiB self-destruct if you were to kill them with the dragon tooth sword, but not if you knock them out.

What we've seen in CP2077 still looks infinitely better than HR because A) there is no clumsy 3rd person transition and B) it doesn't stop time.

I forgot about all of those user, I played this game a long time ago, don't blame me.
So we got takedowns, ladders, Typhoon, Icarus landing, punching walls, taking cover, jumping from cover to cover. Let's assume default controls (correct me if I make a mistake).
>takedown
I think it was prompted by Q, could only be used in the context of being near one or a group of enemies, there were two variations, lethal and nonlethal, prompted by either pressing the button or holding it for a longer moment
>ladders
Prompted by F (I think) in the context of facing a ladder, not much more to say
>Typhoon
I don't remember the button that prompted it, could be used anywhere at any time, required ammo but not a particular situation for the player to be in
>Icarus
Prompted itself automatically when the player fell from a high point (in my opinion doing it as a 3rd person cutscene was a mistake, should have just made those yellow beams or whatever appear underneath you in FPP)
>punching walls
Prompted by F? Only in the context of facing a breakable wall
>taking cover
Prompted by holding RMB while facing cover
>jumping between covers
Prompted by Spacebar while holding RMB all that time since you had to be hiding behind cover to jump between those.
Cont.

So yeah, I stand corrected, there was quite a bit of contextuality here, but if you look at it, it is quite a group of permutations of contextual or noncontextual actions prompted automatically or by the player, through a push or holding of a button, requiring resources or not, interactive or not (cover is kind of interactive), almost all of those are prompted by a different button (with one exception if I'm not mistaken) and one of them absolutely requires a combination of buttons to be prompted. Could be better but I say it's good enough.
Meanwhile (and I base it on what was shown in both trailers, ignoring everything CDPR might have or might have not said with no video proof, and I don't count shooting because it's a different thing entirely) all interactions with the various objects are prompted by one and the same button, all require the player to be in a certain situation, and all are uninteractive (except hacking, admittedly,but from the looks of it it's really barebones and if I didn't misunderstand what they meant, it only looks like that at first attempt at hacking a certain type of device? Someone please explain if I misunderstood or are CDPR that retarded)

>you can press the takedown button from a great distance
3 steps, wouldn't call it a great distance
>even if you couldn't physically reach the target
Yeah that sucked, the animation should have at least included Jenson jumping over the cover instead of teleporting
>you can even take down multiple enemies at once
Up to 2,you could have said it instead of suggesting you can kill a million by a takedown (you can do it through Typhoon though)
>time is frozen while the takedown plays, so you are safe from surrounding enemies
It's not, but it's slowed down significantly and enemies admittedly stop attacking. Shit design
>the game can misinterpret your actions, at one point. you face an enemy holding a hostage. If you have the double takedown, the game will knock down or even murder both the enemy and their hostage. Care to defend that one, genius?
No, it's a peril of contextual actions, pushed to extreme by your own mistake (using lethal in this situation)
>you can only use your arm blades for takedowns, meaning jensen can't bash open a crate or break a window to gain entry, or hit a surface with his arm blade for a stealth distraction or any number of basic actions
Yeah, shit design. Listen, my point was not that Human Revolution was perfect, but it was good enough. So what if Dude Sex is infinitely better? Doesn't change the fact that HR is infinitely better than what CP2077 appears to be like
>>there is no meaningful difference between non-lethal and lethal...except non-lethal rewards twice as much XP and is silent, so why on earth would you ever lethal. This removes player choice.
Can't knocked down guards be woken up by others? I don't remember

>Cyberpunk RPGs
Does FFVII count?

Attached: Screenshot_20190831-114532~2.png (1080x722, 245K)

>Treating Yea Forums as a collective hivemind
Question discarded

If a majority of a certain community has a certain quality (opinion included) , it is not an error to state that the community has that quality. Vegans don't disprove the fact that humans are carnivores.