Spyro Reignited Steam Release

Oh shit I didn't think it'd get a PC port so soon. I'm actually excited. I loved those games. It's been such a long, long time.
store.steampowered.com/app/996580/Spyro_Reignited_Trilogy/

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_SpyroReignitedTrilogy_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 366K)

Enjoy Subway

Based and unreal pilled, don't forget to give your money to Tim

Attached: NEVER EVER.png (228x221, 115K)

surprised Epic didn't snatch a time exclusivity.

Activision probably would've sooner forced it onto Battle.net if anything.

>Nothing personal kid

I just don't feel like dropping £35 unless the sequels have been fixed up. 3 as my favourite as a kid so knowing it got the least attention sucks

Not even Epic cares about this shitty remake.

Uhm

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-31-10-05-49-184_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x506, 124K)

I expect a bad dragon mod on my desk by week 1, don't disappoint me.

VERY nervous

>so soon
was a year already, about fucking time if you ask me

Has it already been a year? Fuck, I never noticed.

>Unreal engine 4 is bad
Summer already ended.

I'm happy for you user, it's a solid remake.

>no denuvo
nice

dont jinx it!!

Enjoy PC friends, but as a certified console beta tester I will warn you they outsourced the shit out of 2 and 3 (Especially 2)

Spyro 1 has never been better tho. Here's hoping for an option to turn off the goddamn motion blur

Attached: 1567142929756.jpg (768x768, 147K)

I think he means that because it's made with Epic's own engine he's surprised they didn't take it.

>Especially 2
You mean 3, right? That was literally given to Sanzaru to make.

3 was all done by sanzaru but 2 was kinda wishy washy between toys for bob and another dev. it's obvious the most love and care was put into spyro 1

Of course, I thought 2 was TFB and some random ass contractors didn't realize there was a 2nd dev in question there.

THICC MOD WHEN

Attached: 1524751267296.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

yeah i don't know specifics but that was a big issue with 2.

how long did they give toys for bob to make this game? certainly they wouldn't have had much less time to make it over the devs for crash nst? you could argue that crash has a lot of reused assets in the games (spyro having unique worlds and enemies in 2 and 3 while crash continued to have several levels following a few themes) but the original games were made on roughly the same time schedule between the two

Damn it now I need to think about this
Let's see
>June 2016 E3 - CBNST announced
>Released a year later
Assuming about 6-12 months of time was put in to making the preliminary steps(basic programming, models, concept art) before reveal so they had closer to 2 years in dev.
>Crash sells gangbusters
I'd say around mid-July to mid August Spyro was starting it's preliminary steps considering we'd have needed to wait for Crash to have sold as well as it did.
>leaks started surfacing and offical announcement happened in April
>Game was meant to release September but got delayed to November
Time frame is approximately (assuming they started work around mid-july) 16 months or there abouts. So about let's say 4-6 months less dev time depending on exactly how long Crash and Spyro were worked on.
>Note: This is a rough estimate and by no means proven.

surely since activision has a sort of self-imposed quota to always having one E rated game a year, seeing the hype surrounding the nst announcement meant that a spyro remaster was a no brainer, especially since everyone started going SPYRO WHEN?? just like how everyone started going CTR WHEN??

Entirely possible in which case we might be looking at around the same time frame but as you said, Crash has reused enemies and assets, Spyro has unique enemies and assets for each world that aren't so easily reused. So even the same time frame would still lead to a poorer turnover for Spyro due to how much more there is to make.

>Spyro has unique enemies and assets for each world that aren't so easily reused.
Well, the dragons were copy/paste with a texture swap in the originals, but clearly they didn't give a fuck about saving dev time for the remake.

I was just thinking about this not too long ago because it was supposed to be released by now but they slightly delayed it.

This

great, now where is my ctr:nf port activision? spyro sucks dick