Holy shit, these new Hitman games are awesome. Are the older games this good?

Holy shit, these new Hitman games are awesome. Are the older games this good?

Attached: hitman.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KYJGyUu2-x0
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Hitman:_Contracts#Widescreen_resolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for their time, yes.

Are they worth going back to if I've only played the new ones?

Blood money holds up very well, def worth a play

Blood Money, 100% yes.
The others are more questionable, good games but you may not be able to put up with how dated they are or how the formula is different to the Blood Money and beyond games.
Absolution is complete garbage and doesn't even count as part of the series, don't bother with that one no matter what.

Don't know anything about these games really. What makes Blood Money so good and Absolution so bad? Only started playing the new ones because the first one was free with PlayStation Plus and I had a great time with it.

Blood money captures the perfect "assassin" feeling. Excellent level design, godlike music, hugely replayable. What else can you ask for?

Okay, I'm on my second playthrough of the new Hitman. It's really fun finding different ways to kill your targets. So why is Absolution bad?

Absolution plays more like a linear action game. There are admittedly a COUPLE levels that feel more traditional-sandboxy but 90% of the game is scripted bullshit that focuses on the strangest fucking plot I've ever seen crammed into a series.

Hmm. Yeah, the plot is the weakest part of the two new games, but the actual game is so good that it doesn't matter.

I just wish the newer games had a darker tone. Everything feels to clean and Bond-like. I'd kill for missions on the same level as Contracts.

Attached: tiijjTD.jpg (1441x977, 166K)

>Are the older games this good?
Blood Money is very good, Contracts is worth checking out for just how fucking dark it is.

Avoid Absolution, if you find you're really getting into the series after Blood Money/Contracts, check out 1/2. 2 has some amazing locales and 1 is a genuine marvel for the time on both a design and technical level, it's probably hard to fully appreciate if you didn't first play it 19 years ago, but it's still well worth checking out to see where it all began.

>19 years ago
Not him but i played for the first time Silent Assassin (God tier OST) and Contracts a few months ago and absolutely loved the shit out of them, despite their many flaws.
Favorite missions in SA are the mafia villa and all of the japan missions (though japs not recognizing your caucasian mug is fucking bullshit).
Favorite mission in Contracts is definitely the hotel one, though many other mission were almost as good as that.

the new games completely lack the atmosphere and music that made the older ones special. Now it's all about same types of missions, go in, kill this character, get out, while older games mixed it up from time to time (especially last missions of every older game in the series).

There unfortunately never be another mission like Meat King's Party (this mission shocked the shit out of me, at 13 years old).

So is she coming back or what I wouldn't mind this series going full Reno/Portman

Attached: victoria.png (352x513, 142K)

Absolution isn't like a Hitman game at all. It's a mostly linear stealth/action game, and even taken on its own merits from someone who adores many different kinds of stealth games, it's just shit.
Also the plot is awful. That wouldn't matter too much in a traditional Hitman game where the story barely matters, but Absolution really focuses on that awful plot and revolves around it.
It's pretty clear that even the developers are fully aware of how bad Absolution is, because the new games dropped everything Absolution did in both story and gameplay and iterated on the Blood Money design instead. There's no reason to play Absolution whatsoever.

play contracts and blood money of you want the proper atmosphere and story of what it feels to be a hired assassin. the new ones are fucking cartoonish in comparison and only hold up because of the refined gameplay.

Blood Money's last mission was awful. If I wanted to play a mediocre FPS I'd be playing something completely different. Cool premise, shit execution, especially on the hardest difficulty where half of the time you die before finishing the animation of getting up.

Older games had another atmosphere and music

old hitmans are great and nowhere near as goofy as the new ones

old hitman is better.

>awesome
They are but feel like soft reboot of the franchise

Blood Money is amazing even today.

Blood Money is the game that the new Hitman games are based on.
You're basically given a sandbox and given multiple options and then left to do what you want to complete the goals.
Its obviously more primitive than the newest games, but the main core concepts in the new Hitman came from Blood Money.

Absolution was bad because it mostly ditched that and went with more linear level designs with a much stronger action focus rather than open world stealth design. They also made some baffling choices like making disguises next to useless.

>There's no reason to play Absolution whatsoever
The stylish shooting was pretty fun and I wish they'd put it back in on a Terminator gamemode

Yes, they are honestly way better than 2017 and 2018. Contracts is my favorite honestly, I wish IOI could still make a game like that these days.

>absolution is a good game, but a bad hitman game
"No!"

It's a genuinely bad game

your opinion is honestly fucking shit

Contracts and Blood Money, Silent Assassin if you really like the other two, Agent 47 is not really like the other games at all and definitely skippable.

old games are sexist

Brought Contracts and Blood Money last night. Started up Contracts and having a blast, pic related's mission was something else, keen to check out the rest and start Blood Money.
youtube.com/watch?v=KYJGyUu2-x0

Attached: hitmancontracts2.png (1280x1024, 992K)

Like the others said BM for sure. Absolution is a very different experience compared to the other games but not bad perse. Contracts I haven't played but it's mostly slightly modified levels from codename 47. I enjoyed hitman 2 when it came out and years later on replays. 2 might feel tedious now especially if you don't have the nostalgia factor. Codename 47 I'd only play if you enjoyed 2. It's definitely a step down from it. Rather basic and clunky.

blood money definitely still holds up others are a bit too old mechanically desu but they arguably have the best atmosphere so you do you.

? I have way more play time in Absolution than in Season 2. Contracts mode is hands down yet to be topped and maps weren't that bad when they opened up.

>Contracts I haven't played but it's mostly slightly modified levels from codename 47
It's completely different mechanically.

Thinking about picking up the first season, should I buy the GOTY standalone version or get the legacy pack for the second season?

Legacy for Season 2, then buy Season 2 whenever.

Absolution burned me after being a huge fan from 2 onwards. Are the two new games any good?

Attached: 1547240256711.jpg (472x480, 35K)

yes, it surprised me how good the 2016 and 2018 one were

Yes, if you enjoyed BM you will enjoy them.

>not using widescreen fix
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Hitman:_Contracts#Widescreen_resolution

t. the Kane and Lynch faggot devs that make nuHitman.

Some of them, not Absolution. In before the hipster shit eaters who pretend to like it.

your fav missions?
>Hitman 2
tracking hayamoto, thought it was amusing how you kill target with fugu, apparently this could be a real hazard
>Hitman contracts
Beldingford Manor, but meat king's party left a bigger impression for me
>Hitman blood money
Curtains down, followed by dance with the devil, killing actor by replacing a prop gun with a real gun? devilish
>Hitman Absolution
i dunno, shaving lenny? most absolution maps weren't that impressive
>Hitman(2016)
Sapienza, and Thailand
>Hitman 2(2018)
I'd say India and Ark society was my favorites

Attached: honk honk.jpg (990x650, 89K)

>but meat king's party left a bigger impression for me
That's one way of putting it, you could also say that it kick-started half of your fetishes
the way it did with me

Attached: 1488318515935.gif (200x180, 2.12M)

>Not using the death bullettime to score enough headshots to survive
Pathetic

I always liked how Contracts takes place during Blood Money

the older ones are far better

contracts is hitman captured perfectly and it's a shame the new games feel so uninspired by comparison

2018 is better than BM in almost every way.

If you take off your nostalgia googles, that much becomes obvious.

>Silent Assassin
A Basement Killing
>Contracts
Rendezvous in Rotterdam
>BM
A House of Cards
>Absolution
Shaving Lenny
>2016
World of Tommorrow
>2018
Chasing A Ghost

>2018 is better than BM in almost every way.
no, the only thing it does better is gameplay, and the difference isn't astronomical.

Daily reminder that Contracts is the best Hitman game.

>cinematic takedowns and over the shoulder shit
>stylish shooting

The older Hitman games had more stylish shooting since you could actually run and gun.

>better graphics (obvious, but still)
>better level design (there are no missions as linear as Amendment XXV)
>fewer copy-pasted areas
>hundreds of hours worth of dialogue
>more interactivity in the environment
>more replay value thanks to challenges
>best disguise system in the series
>briefcase goes from a gimmick item like it was in BM to one of the most versatile items in the game

The only things BM has over 2018 are the soundtrack and weapon customisation.

Is there any point in keeping HITMAN installed when I have HITMAN 2 with legacy pack?

I started the game yesterday since I got it for free on ps+ and I am curious to how else could I finish the Seco d tutorial mission. I used a bomb hidden in the targets safe room and pressed the alarm to lure him in but I wonder if there are other sneaky ways to do it. I tried killing him with a boat but his bodyguard would always spot me.

I think I can appreciate 47 talking more in the newer games now and showing how he is so damn multi-talented
playing the drums, that was unexpected

No.

yeah I already said the gameplay was better. Unfortunately the new ones fail at the simplest thing, presentation. They feel closer to the live action films than hitman.

The presentation of the new games was an intentional choice to try and capture a spy atmosphere. They wanted a clean and polished feel, and they definitely succeeded there.

Decent controls, voice acting, or gameplay.

And I can't think of why they would want to do that when it's so incredible bland and sterile compared to the earlier games.

Something about 47 being a top-tier assassin who only kills top-tier targets, so they thought a high class feeling would reflect that better than a grimdark feeling.

I think it works. Plus, I think the more light hearted tone better reflects how silly the games can look when you're playing them at a high level.

the cutscenes actually have a grimdark feeling

And that's fine. I like how the story plays itself completely straight, but the levels can have moments that are more tongue-in-cheek. The blend of seriousness and humour just makes the humour that much funnier (see for example holding Jordan Cross at gunpoint while dressed in a clown suit).

I'm a 2016 baby
>Contracts
Beldingford Manor
>Blood Money
Amendment XXV
>2016
Hokkaido
>Hitman 2
Mumbai

Thing is about newer games, there is ~20 different way to kill a target in each level, it's about 3-6 in blood money and 1-3 in older games. HitmanTM1-2 are much better games, blood money is worth playing through if you really liked the gameplay, first three games are too janky. They even felt clunky to me when they came out (compare codename 47 to gta3 or max payne).

The whole point of the game was for her not to be Hitman

I remember playing faux "custom missions" for Blood Money which were essentially posts on Hitmanforum with particular steps regarding how to assassinate each target

Attached: poptepiko gun.png (574x417, 187K)

>Every hitman fan on earth wants an Airport level
>We instead get some shit third world country shithole maps

Worse, we got sniper missions

Glad you're enjoying OP. You'll love blood money as well

>They even felt clunky to me when they came out (compare codename 47 to gta3 or max payne).
The cutscenes and VA might be bad but Hitman was a much more technologically advanced game than either of those two.

technologically advanced != streamlined enough to be fun
even deus ex didnt feel as janky as c47 at the time

>streamlined
Lol. What was so bad about it? The only thing I remember being sorta weird was the sprint button not being a modifier, but that's a relatively small nitpick. On the other hand, the shooting in GTA3 was utter garbage and that's a far bigger issue when it's 50% of what you do in the game.

dude try sneaking up on someone and garrotting a person in silent assassin, it's so hard to do even the basic shit in this game, you have to be a megaboomer to never care about that kind of stuff

>boo hoo where's my press f for cinematic takedown
It was perfectly doable, you probably were a retard and stood too close to your target and got found out.

>they hear you unless you get EXTREMELY slow
>can't determine the hearing distance without autistically quickloading
>can't garrotte unless you get within a touching distance
>if you touch a person they turn around and get alerted
>can't non-lethally dispose people without dumb shit like chloroform or poison
boomer autism, no thanks. it was bad then and it is even worse now when people understood how decent sneaking mechanics should work. it was not dictated by gameplay design decisions, but by autistic metrics like "realism" which do not translate into gameplay.

You're the reason almost nobody makes stealth games anymore and the few that get made are milquetoast garbage.

NuHitman games are great, I used to play Hitman 2 as a kid but I never really got into it since I preferred my stealth games to be like Splinter Cell
I just wish they'd release Freedom Fighters 2, though

Not really. They made Blood Money, which was streamlined in all the right ways, and everyone liked it. Nuhitman is even better, but you will probably never get to play, because you are a retard who doesn't play videogames anymore.

One thing I love about the new games is that they're technically 0451 games like Deus Ex and Dishonored in terms of level design and world building, but they also have a more arcadey focus on mechanics and speedrunning.

I still wonder why barely anyone has attempted to copy the Hitman formula.