Duke Nukem 2002

Looked awesome, anyone got it?

Attached: 70.jpg (500x375, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dsogaming.com/articles/the-2001-unreal-engine-version-of-duke-nukem-forever-was-90-complete-had-rpg-and-horror-elements/
mobile.twitter.com/JSJisDuke/status/1167159339297071109
youtube.com/watch?v=tDrD2m4PNl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 66.jpg (500x375, 30K)

Randy

Attached: 1565482283064.jpg (656x874, 87K)

fuck that fat snake

Only if this late-late-late port of a game that didn't originally have Duke in it, sells well.

Attached: portstation.jpg (799x450, 79K)

and fuck that shitty game

I think this could have changed FPS instead of Half-Life 2. Maybe there is another timeline where the 2002 build was released and the market follow it.

Gearbox just needs to fucking finish it up and release it as Duke Nukem Forever "Classic" and get on the trend that Blizzard started.

i do, but i wont post a download link
pic related is me

Attached: 1560412768241.jpg (600x800, 98K)

no shit right? could've been the fuckin GOD among video games for nutsacks ' sake.

It looked like a better version of Half-Life 2 basically.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
RELEASE IT YOU FAGGOT

Attached: 1546378959432.png (981x981, 981K)

I'll do it.

Attached: trust the jew.jpg (850x560, 44K)

show us the goods ' fuckrat!

Attached: DUKE98.webm (726x366, 1.73M)

glad this asshole is getting the negative attention he deserves, wouldn't suprise me if he's looking at the guy about to blow his ass away with a gun in that photo

3D Realms managed to get the dev files back years ago.
They want to release them for free online like other game betas but Randy won't let them because 2K wants to make money from it.
While 3DR are exaggerating how complete the game really is, Randy and 2K are cunts for not letting them release it online for free, there is no reason not to let them but pure jewery
That is exactly what they want to do but they shouldn't waste time and money developing a nearly two decade old beta into a finished game.
Just release the files.

Attached: BV5AUQn.png (904x764, 593K)

>That is exactly what they want to do but they shouldn't waste time and money developing a nearly two decade old beta into a finished game.
They made nearly fuck all this entire console gen aside from last-gen ports, and BL3 finally. Plus they have a second studio they could just outsource the finishing/polishing of DNF2002 with.

exactly.

Attached: Image7.jpg (2286x1226, 99K)

I don't think at this point most people who care about the builds care too much about how complete or incomplete it is, they just want what is there to come out.

fuckin right they do, and there's tons there.

dsogaming.com/articles/the-2001-unreal-engine-version-of-duke-nukem-forever-was-90-complete-had-rpg-and-horror-elements/

Attached: 2001FLDR.png (609x836, 98K)

Attached: 80.png (1280x1024, 916K)

>I think this could have changed FPS instead of Half-Life 2
Duke Nukem was never good
The good thing it ever did was have a wisecracking protagonist in and interactable environments in Duke3D
It's not like Half-Life which had a good atmosphere and a story people could take seriously

Half-Life didn't have a story beyond environmental storytelling. I just want to know what happened to highly interactive FPS games. There was Duke, then there was Sin.....and that was it. If you wanted your environment interaction fix you had to go to subgenre titles like Deus Ex.

>Half-Life didn't have a story beyond environmental storytelling
Did you play Half Life 2?
the interaction was a gimmick. It was cool but it doesn't really add anything to to the game. That's why people don't really bother

Attached: 10.jpg (1024x768, 713K)

It was a watershed game, people really did bother quite a bunch.

What blows my mind is how they managed to make a game on Unreal Engine which doesn't look like ass.

They had to heavily modify the engine though. It was something like a UE1.5 at the point they got it to. Didn't help that UE2 was just around the horizon as they were about halfway through development.

>having actual protagonist with personality
>having actual environments instead of abstract mazes
>secrets hidden via interactive objects that make sense (switch under a table, crack in the wall) instead of just fake walls everywhere
>blowing up parts of the level to open up new routes
>levels change as you progress through them with shit constantly exploding
>extended level traversal with jetpack, underwater sections, vent shafts
Duke did more than Half-Life for the FPS genre, even in terms of immersion and storytelling.

Attached: dick.jpg (780x439, 103K)

mobile.twitter.com/JSJisDuke/status/1167159339297071109
Would you like to get married by Duke himself?

Attached: 1545930765010.png (633x900, 910K)

Reading stuff like that makes me realize how boneheaded they were when it came to the long development. I remember people thought the 2001 trailer looked incredible at the time that it came out release and 3Drealms probably would have had a hit on their hands if they had just released that version of the game like they were supposed to. Instead, they kept rebooting it and constantly tried to play catch up with the games of the day and, when it finally did get released, it ended up feeling dated anyway.

I just hope that 2001 build of DNF gets released one day. I would love to see how it would've played.

Attached: 1393640298209.jpg (290x371, 41K)

No, the SJW cunt can go suck a big one

>and, when it finally did get released, it ended up feeling dated anyway.
The DNF that did get released was just put together in a couple year's time by a literal-who developer they brought in for it. That said, I did enjoy DNF for what it was, although that one canyon section with the monster truck got a little old.

i think we can all agree the 2006 build looked the worst right?
youtube.com/watch?v=tDrD2m4PNl8

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 39K)

Randy was the least random person to do the final stretch of DNF, because DNF, at the end of the day, was simply a glorified, overblown out of any proportion spin on Opposing Force specifically, its design and its leveldesign sensibilities (both of which differed from OGHL significantly). And Opposing Force was Randy's game.

I can imagine his surprise as he first played the build of the game and RECOGNIZED it. "You fucking little weasels" - he must've thought.

The Halo-ist combat and HL2-like vehicle sections were just gimmicks tacked on.

Your opinion is blatantly uninformed.