What the fuck

what the fuck

Attached: 1567217664316.jpg (1000x1090, 362K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WUbg_0uIDVI
kotaku.com/what-modern-warfare-2-boycotters-are-playing-5403286
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did you forget Sega owns Persona?

>persona 5 is so good other series ruin themselves trying to copy it
Get fucked.

Attached: smug.jpg (872x632, 38K)

I knew they said they were going to take yakuza in a different direction but I thought the RPG thing in the april fools video was the actual joke. What's next, Persona 6 comes out and it's a beat em up?

>Ann Majima
>Makoto Saejima
Heh

Those would both be improvements to their respective series.

>tfw this garbage will be localized
>Ishin will never be

Attached: 15616851324654.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

SMT already had two beat em ups

Is there a reason they haven't added vocaloid costumes to persona?

but this has better gameplay

Attached: Yakuza 7.webm (960x540, 2.59M)

I actually forgot devil summoner games existed.

Raidou 1 has the best story in the entire series
Other than that the game is pretty jank but Raidou 2's fun to play

The decision to go full RPG is one thing, but it doesn't even look fun...

yeah, I've played most smt games but there's a couple I've skipped on because it didn't look that interesting (i.e. last bible) or in the case of raidou and demikids was just me forgetting it existed rather than lack of interest or it not looking that fun. Raidou 2 actually looks alright.

Also,
>Raidou 1 has the best story of the entire series
Did you mean just for the Raidou series or the entire smt franchise?

>I thought the RPG thing in the april fools video was the actual
It's funny how people complaining now. When the April Fool's video came out, everyone was saying how cool it was and how they wished it was from a new, real Yakuza game

What? Complaining that its a turn based rpg instead of a brawling game? Its called experimenting. Game devs are allowed to do that. You look at games like Darksiders, 1 is a basic action platformer, second is more an action rpg, third is more dark souls, 4th is a twin stick shooter. Why is this so weird? Yakuza also made a game about SHOOTING ZOMBIES. Yakuza: Dead Souls. Ever heard of that one? Its also known as not taking things dead serious. You should play a Yakuza game. Its sometimes over the top and doesnt make much sense. And this one. It works. Guy is a huge lover of Dragon Quest..So why is it weird that he sees the world like an rpg? Some people are weird that way. Also if the game flops, well. SO be it. This one will end up a mistake and the next one wont be a turn based rpg.

people said it would've been a cool minigame, or even spin-off, not if the entire mainline game was turn-based, you fucking brainlet

Why didn't they make it a spin-off?

Attached: question marks.jpg (1488x931, 440K)

Attached: 547687564358654.jpg (1440x1440, 572K)

it still boggles my mind that it wasn't Judgment - the detective game where you play a civilian who shouldn't be able to take on huge crowds of people alone

No Yakuza Dead Souls? Disapointed son.

>Every Yakuza related game since 0 has been successful and well received
>What if we just fuck the franchise over now?

>simplistic menu-based combat
Of all the turn-based combat systems they could have used, why this one?

Attached: 12344889445.jpg (2000x1797, 853K)

Kill yourself autistic spammer.

Persona is the new Call of Duty. Enjoy being a cancer on vidya Persoyboys

If making a detective spin off where yakuza isnt tied to its promotion at all can be considered a success then the new yakuza will be fine

Not him but I consider Raidou to be the MGR of megaten

Attached: That+mara+battle+was+in+raidou+kuzunoha+vs+king+abaddon+_7651f4b7df7276ddc1658b2651a62786.jpg (500x368, 46K)

literally yes
youtube.com/watch?v=WUbg_0uIDVI

Hi? Hello? Welcome to 2013 kiseki fanbase

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1203x630, 689K)

They tried to warn us

>turn based combat

Attached: 56730582_823880691307168_6317580280311840768_n.jpg (720x405, 20K)

Fuck off faggot, nobody likes your boring falcon shit

>Spin-off = P6
get run over

Persona styled Fire Emblem would be really nice though, if such crossover ever happened.

much better than everything after 5

Based Sega doing what they want and not caring about their retarded fanbase

This is a good thing. The combat has NEVER been anything to write home about in these games. This is coming from a decade long fan. My favourite Kirtu is 5 Kiryu, and even that can be completely brain-dead. The fact it's turn-based makes this a really unique formula IMO.

>Retards keep looking at the fucking April Fools and think that is how the game actually is when it's not

Just how fucking stupid are these people? Can they REALLY not tell pre-render when they see it?

I think it will be fundamentally very similar.

Anyone consider that after more than a decade that the director is just looking to get fired? Sounds like he's pulling a "fuck you guys im out" like Kojipro did with MGS4

This. It just looks too slow.

I'm not that poster, but Raidou 1 definitely had my favourite story in any MegaTen I've played and I've played many, though I have not played P2 which is one I know a lot of people point to for it's story. Raidou 1's story is just a blast though, shit gets crazy. It's such a shame the game is held back so much by its combat because it does everything else so well.

Why is Nishiki always ignored in the franchise bar Zero?
He isn't even featured in Dead Souls, Kanzan nor Ishin.

Probably because he was shot before they fleshed him out a bit more in 0 and Kiwami. Prior to that he was just some dickhead who Kiryu thought used to be cool, but you never got to see that side of him that made Kiryu hold him in such high regard to begin with.

>has been successful and well received
No, 0 needed China's help to sell half as well as Y1 did back in the day. Especially in Japan the series is probably approaching life support status.

Nishiki was featured in Ishin.

Yakuza 1 was packaged with a prequel movie (in the west it was just hosted on youtube by Sega instead IIRC) that fleshed his and Kiryu's relationship out for what it's worth. A lot of people seem to prefer it to what Zero added even.

Well, he's basically present in FotNS: Lost Paradise as Shin and appears in Yakuza Online.

Attached: DsghGoQWwAAMyls.jpg (842x474, 73K)

>Sega turns all their franchises into persona clones.
Sonic RPG here we come

Attached: 547687564358654.jpg (1440x1440, 572K)

Based. The first time in my life I’m seeing how action fags feel when their game gets swapped.

Bullshit
Zero has amazing combat system

>inb4 majima.webm

YOU FUCKING PERSONANIGGER JIZZ FOR BRAINS AND CUMSKULLS RUINED THIS FUCKING BOARD
FUCK PERSONANIGGER THREADS
FUCK CUMSKULLS
FUCK THE MODS ON THIS SITE
FUCK GOOKMOOT AND FUCK THAT MASCOT NAMED YOTSUBA
FUCK Yea Forums AND 4CHANNEL
FUCK NIGGERS
FUCK KIKES
FUCK SPICS
FUCK CHINKS AND GOOKS
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST FUCK YOU OP FOR BRINGING MORE PERSONA AUTISM INTO THIS COMMUNITY
FUCK YOU PERSONANIGGER
FUCK PLAYSTATION AND FUCK THE PLAYSTATION 4
NINTENDO SWITCH PC AND XBOX IS BETTER THAN THIS FILTHY GARBAGE
HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG
14/88 THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN
HEIL HITLER AND FUCK COMMIES
HITLER WAS RIGHT
NIGGERS TONGUE MY ANUS
I PIRATED FALLOUT 76 SKYRIM AND FO4
TODD IS A FUCKING WASTE OF LIFE
RESETERA IS THE BETTER SITE
REDDIT IS EVEN BETTER THAN THIS GARBAGE
FUCKING DIE OP

Attached: FE138F7E-5B8F-4F34-83E0-EADD73344FDC.png (785x731, 279K)

based

Whiny bitch.

Attached: 1565020017345.png (353x308, 59K)

Where's Ishin?

This. Combat was something that felt like an afterthought in the games.

JUST

Based Sega.
Really the best guys in the industry right now.

Mixing my favorite franchise with my favorite genre makes me suck all your Sega cocks

Looks good desu, yakuza had always been too mashy anyway so we may as well have some janky rpg fun.

It's trying to be like DQ though.

The people who complain about Yakuza changing the combat after who knows how many games are the same people who buy CoD and Madden/NBA2K/Fifa every year. On top of that Japs love turn-based combat and it will be really succesful there they don’t give a shit about the brainlet burger sales.

Wait they're making a Yakuza game based off Sonic Chronicles the Dark Brotherhood? That's pretty sick I hope its good

Attached: 1521062517977.gif (100x150, 27K)

>all the angry incels pretending the world is ending because a videogame changes
>the nerds saying they'll boycott it
I can't wait for this to turn out like the Call of Duty boycott, or the Persona boycott, or the Fire Emblem boycott.... oh wait, all of those boycotts were failures that didnt matter

>mfw always shitting on Yakuza games for being entry level asset flips with barely any gameplay
>mfw they remove the barely any gameplay

Attached: 5E66F151-5483-4475-8F20-203B3CAF4049.jpg (1125x810, 175K)

sales continually declining with each new title in Japan for several years now
>international sales not really amazing either despite rise in popularity
>literally Japanese fucking CoD
>omg why the change ree

Literally nobody boycotted CoD or Persona at any time ever, and those games have fans

very based

Yeah and it looks like 7 will kill the sales for good
RGG Team didn't learn their lesson after 6 it seems

How the fuck do people worship these waifu?
They're fucking STICKS!!!!

Never cared much for Yakuza.
I've played them, but I didn't care much.
This just changed. I love this!
A turn based JRPG set in modern day Japan with a Yakuza setting? Hell yeah!

Weebs enjoy that, some are even convinced one of the sticks have an ass (read:defined hips)

>Literally nobody boycotted CoD or Persona at any time ever
>underage newfag doesn't know
>kotaku.com/what-modern-warfare-2-boycotters-are-playing-5403286

>Yeah and it looks like 7 will kill the sales for good
Are we really pretending that any fan rant about changes in games ever had any actual impact?

In fact, most games that changed fundamentally to the lament of "fans" are now stronger than ever. They had to swallow that pill and resort to calling the games catering to "normies" and "casuals". Not sure if the same cope will stick with turn based combat though.

>RGG staff: hey guys how do we make the combat even more of a repetitive slog
>Nagoshi: hold my carrot juice

CoD's boycott has literally been a meme on the internet for ages you zoomer faggot
lurk moar

But sega owns atlus now. They don't touch each others products but we can now see that they still copy each others homeworks.

People have been saying for fucking ages that it's very easy to burn out with the mainline games because they're all fucking identical. This change is positive.

They said they were tired of making action games with mediocre gameplay and also said if this game bombed they would revert it back.

Nobody should believe the false-flagging retards here in this thread, nobody thought the yakuza gameplay was anything more than ''passable''