So let me get this straight, you move slow af and there's no sprinting...

So let me get this straight, you move slow af and there's no sprinting, moreover simply running (jogging) drains your stamina like crazy and your stamina % affects everything in the game including your chance to hit or even cast a spell. Are you supposed to just slooooowly walk everywhere and enjoy the view? lmao, talk about terrible game design. Any of you losers actually bothered playing the game without QoL mods?

Attached: Morrowind_Cover[1].png (991x1293, 2.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O85xF9lzgTg
gog.com/game/the_elder_scrolls_adventures_redguard
wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Research:Combat#Blocking_with_a_shield
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its called realism

Just clear the area of cliff racers and rest to regen stamina. Not that hard, skyrimbabby.

shut the fuck up zoomer

>Are you supposed to just slooooowly walk everywhere and enjoy the view?
>WAAH, I CAN'T ZOOM ZOOM

Get the boots nig

The hardware back in the day could barely run this as is. If you could sprint everywhere and fight 10 enemies at a time then nobody would be able to play the game at any decent framerates. Hence why they added all those mechanics to keep you down.

You just have to be aware that your character in Morrowind starts as a malnourished prisoner. You can't take anything for granted. IE, if you want to go fast right away, you have to select athletics as a major skill, endurance and speed as favorite attributes.

Otherwise, just get some fortify athletics/speed potions until you get a few hours into the game and get the boots.

>s no sprinting, moreover simply running (jogging) drains your stamina
What is the mechanical difference between sprinting and running? In both cases you hold down a key to go fast and drain a resource in doing so. They are the exact same thing, what the cock are you trying to say?

In most games made in the last 10 years (eg Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls etc) you can walk, run and then finally sprint. Sprinting lets you move really fast but drains your stamina.

In Morrowind simply running isn't even fast and it still drains your stamina, wtf?

>games made in the last 10 years
I see. It sounds like you understand completly why it works differently and are just pretending to be retarded then.

The Arch Zoomer has made a Morrowind thread
welcome your excellency, what divine plebness have you brought for us?

Attached: 57lLDMO.jpg (648x480, 28K)

Bethesda needs to just remake this game in the more modern engine they used for Skyrim or whatever TES VI will use.

Attached: 1549677425155.jpg (645x729, 80K)

Just play ESO: Morrowind. Unironically

Attached: 1557412127879.jpg (2880x1620, 716K)

Yup. Morrowind was still a product of the time where you rely on dice rolls and stupid tabletop rules. It would be bearable of at least the rpg system would work. But it doesn't. It just shows how desperate for any new features gamers were back then because while it looks nice for its year, it fucking sucks at everything else. Story is pulp tier, combat is the worst, build up system is unrewarding and boring. And its barely fixed in later Bethesda 'games'.

Bullshit, I got the game with a GeForce 4 ti and it ran perfectly

There's a lot of ways to mitigate that. But you gotta figure it out. The game won't hold your hand like your zoomer shit does

Forgive me for stupid question but from where do you get quests in Morrowind? I try to talk with everyone in various towns but I got maybe 2-3 quests that way. Is the vast majority of them only faction related?

*ahem*
youtube.com/watch?v=O85xF9lzgTg

The main quest, guilds and Great Houses all give you a bunch of quests through their stories. Other than that, you can find a few in settlements by talking to people. There's also the odd one or two out in the wilderness (mostly Daedric Shrines). Tribunal and Bloodmoon also offer their own storylines and side quests.

Get the boots of blinding speed, dipshit.

Thank you. I've never played Morrowind before but I feel like I'm playing this game "wrong". I thought it would be something like, I don't know, Fallout 1-2 where you go from town to town and do quests. For me it seems that they put emphasis on exploration and the "correct" way to play this game is to just wander around and go to places that look interesting to you.

It's a product of its time. Install a sprint mod, stamina regen mod, manual blocking mod, mana regen mod for magic etc etc. There's probably an all-in-one mod for combat overhaul also, dunno, haven't played MW in years.

>dude just get this broken item and make sure to glitch it so that it doesn't blind you
Nice game.

Morrowind has aged like shit. Skyrim is unironically the better game.

No shit Skyrim is better, it was released whole 10 years after Morrowind, but Morrowind is still worth experiencing, you dumb zoom zoom.

>Skyrim is better

Attached: 1565597044570.jpg (600x580, 28K)

This!

>Just bought the Legendary Edition this summer
>Already had the standard PC and console edition though

Attached: Hodd Toward.png (360x240, 160K)

>when your brain on Xanax and Tide Pods can't appreciate anything anymore without instant gratification

Attached: 592ce81dd2d7e2331a6da0db1046cfa9.png (400x400, 12K)

I would agree except there tend to be about a million cliff racers who descend VERY slowly, and occasionally don't descend at all because Bethesda

Yeah because magic and giant flying fleas exist too, right?

>For me it seems that they put emphasis on exploration and the "correct" way to play this game is to just wander around and go to places that look interesting to you.
Kind of. The challenge is in finding places to explore other than tombs with no loot, and in finding anything interesting in the mud plains. Most towns and settlements are really only there as set dressing, the vast majority of quests are from factions.

Restore and Fortify potions are dirt cheap and if you train alchemy you can get game-breaking stats even at very low levels.
Use potions, use magic.

>can sneak, walk and sprint
>this is different from every other game where you can sneak, walk and sprint

>tombs with no loot
some loot is autogenerated based on your current level just as monsters are. Some loot is static.

God damn why haven't they just remade morrowind with these assets?

Because it looks like gay fairytale shit and not Morrowind?

You will get zoom zoom quick eventually. So satisfying to jump over half the continent with one spell. Run forever thanks to permanent stamina regeneration enchantments. Or quaffing a bunch of potions/skooma and crab walk really fast wherever.

Until then, eat food, drink stamina potions, walk between running and keep bunnyhopping and jumping off of buildings/ down a flight of stairs.

There's a difference?

This it has always been a somewhat shit game, id fight you on lore wise though, lsd is hell of a drug

>Get Boots of Blinding Speed
>make ring of Resist Magic 100% for 1 sec
>cast spell, put on boots within 1 sec
>now run around at like 30mph and can see perfectly fine

Attached: 1322666456609.jpg (589x632, 154K)

And none of it is worthwhile.

You can literally move so fast that you end up unable to do anything as one step moves you from one end of the map to the next.

You've obviously never played Morrowind. Random tomb loot isn't the moneymaker, and money becomes irrelevant when you find powerful artifacts.
The game gives you plenty of money to buy what you need.

>slow walking

Back then it was called realism. Going to point a to point b was supposed to be realistic. This fast traveling bullshit ruined the immersion and not being able to appreciate the game world.

Attached: 1530974966016.jpg (1000x1409, 106K)

>Morrowind
>realism

Attached: nwah.png (1280x1884, 716K)

More real than your sex life, faggot!

What are you on about? Morrowind is realistic. With a convincing world of magic and actual lore. As long as you can convince me the world is believable it should play as if it's realistic you brainlet.

Attached: 1564528787755.jpg (1440x1800, 199K)

>why can't my lvl1 character run 4:00 miles

Ignoring the fact that the whole thing about slow walk speed is not true, it's really dumb to blame it on realism when Morrowind explicitly acknowledges being fiction governed by a set of game rules.

Attached: vehk.jpg (1050x576, 60K)

and we have satanic billionaires who preach that we live within a simulation.

So do Telvanni wizards just waste magicka to travel around their own houses or do they just enchant a pair of slippers with a constant levitation effect to walk around home?

latest rumors, little advice and little secret are topics you should regularly ask. If anyone has work as a topic then you should also check that.

>waste
the cost to cast levitation on self is minimal, especially for powerful wizards. They also do it on purpose to keep commoners away.

I would practice tele every chance I got because the more you work at it you get better every time. I'd be burning myself with one spell and healing myself with another. I'd be a fucking maniac wizard.

I bet this n'wah cant even afford to cast levitate twice a day

>what the cock
where the fuck are you from lol? oxford?

at its slowest it's far more slow than skyrim but once you have high speed and acrobatics it's far faster than skyrim.

Just a reminder OP, if you have a certain percentage of your carry limit occupied you will start to move slower and jump less.

Walking around in heavy armor in the beginning is quite the pain. Really better to stick with light armor and pay some trainer for the early skill levels.

>Buy/make a shit ton of stamina potions
>take a sippy when something attacks you
I can get all the complaints about movement speed but stamina is never an issue.

level up your athletics and stamina, zoomer. even in heavy armour you'll be running twice as fast as a skyrim sprint

Yes, within the context of the game they do. Just like people not being fit enough to run very far, like you and OP, unless they exercise.

light armorfags had it easy. They get their best armor by just sleeping a bit in a vulnerable place and being interrupted.

Choosing the steed sign or using some retarded method with the speed boots is dumb meme advice
Using the console to set your speed or athletics to something high without messing up your leveling is too involved too. Although if you dont care to cheat a bit go for it
Just download a mod that makes the speed more comfortable for you imo. the game is painfully slow

ZOOM ZOOM

Yeah best sign is the apprentice sign.

console command to change speed attribute is way easier than mods.
literally fortify speed potions or spells is all you need and they're inexpensive to buy.

>using some retarded method with the speed boots
It's pretty damn easy to block the blind effect.

Best place is Balmora fighter's guild basement. The assassin spawns inside a bed and can't getr out. Just grab a spear and poke him dead. Might even retain the ebony dart.

I played it for the first time a couple years ago, after having played Skyrim, I have about 300 hours in and it's the most immersive game I've ever played.

>dude just abuse this exploit that you can read about on the wiki
No, it's counter productive.

>story is bad

Just because you need the wiki to be made aware that you can block magical effects doesn't mean everyone else does, user. Relying on what the game offers you to achieve results is much more satisfying than using external sources. Might as well tell user to watch the credits on youtube if you're going to be like that.

You need a wiki to even know these fucking boots exist. Unless you just so happen to stumble over the NPC. Those boots are not an argument.

yeah i do
just play skyrim you dont have to pretend to liek a game just because its popular
btw with maxed athletic you run fast as fuck

The devs regularly go out of their way to enable exploiters, for example they gladly let players use the permanent corpses as infinite containers by placing one below the telvanni fortress you can build.

>retard doesn't explore
sounds like this game isn't for you.

I stumbled upon her just like how I stumbled upon the redoran treasury tips from my dear khajit wife Ahnassi. It's clear that if an NPC is standing between towns then they'll have a quest related to them.

>explore some other direction
>meet npc after all main quests are done
WOOOOOOWWWW

you can make yourself move as fast as you want within the game

that's medium

Find a flaw.
>but low damage!
nigga just enchant it

Attached: 43484-2-1424071547.jpg (670x338, 16K)

I can sense how young you are through the screen.

You could:
A. learn how to build a character
B. take the bus
C. hire a mage to teleport you
D. kill yourself since your room temperature IQ isn't going to get you far anyway

>In Morrowind simply running isn't even fast
Movement speed is a product of your speed stat, your athletics skill and your inventory load. Obviously a low level character is going to have shit stats/skills and a smaller max inventory. Try playing for more than 20 hours and it gets better.
>still drains your stamina
It's really easy to make potions/spells that restore your stamina.

Morrowind is a deeply flawed game but if your criticism is "wahh why doesn't it have features of games 10 years newer" then you're just a dumb zoomer.

ESO has all of Vvardenfell to explore, so that's something. If only it weren't online, people could make mods to add Morrowind's story back into it.

You forgot boats, make a transit system map to show which towns go to which other towns and differentiate the method of transport using different color lines. Red for Silt Strider, Blue for Mage guild guide, Green for boat. You can also mark the fortresses with propylon chambers but that's more niche.

You shitposters aren’t worth the trouble.

I can see how blunted you are through one post.

Actually scratch that, better to just circle towns with mage guild teleportation with blue since they all can go to every other one and the map would quickly get cluttered with blue lines.

>2019
>Not making a boat your house

Nice reading comprehension

>slow movement speed
>combat becomes a joke past level 10 or so
>have to rest to restore magicka
>have to play like an autist to get +5 attributes
>constant effect enchantments require a level 400 soul for some reason, when the highest enchant power any item has is 225
>said enchantments are impossible to make without abusing fortify skill
>stealth is shit
Why is Morrowind so perfect lads? It's actually GOOD without mods unlike that piece of shit Oblivion!

Attached: 1481428736394.png (2000x2000, 78K)

I've eaten mudcrabs smarter than you.

>constant effect enchantments require a level 400 soul for some reason, when the highest enchant power any item has is 225
Just summon a golden saint, even the other wizards in the game suggest using summon spells to farm souls. Now finding the golden saint summon is just a matter of making sure to check every merchant's spells.

Or farm deadric ruins. That will also pay for the enchantment in weapon drops.

>use alchemy
>get 1 billion to every stat for 1 billion seconds
>now you are literally immortal and you can one hit everything
>in the first 10 minutes of the game
why is this allowed?

>enchant one of these with max radius fire damage on hit with as much power as it can take
>become god destroyer of worlds

Not interested in discussing realism in a game with giant mushrooms and talking women.

Nothing says wizard quite like forgetting you even have spells and just opting to hit shit with an exploding stick.

>slow movement speed
literally not
>combat is joke
opinion
>rest to restore magicka
drink a potion
>have to play like autist
where do you think you are?
>enchantments
git gud
>fortify skill is abuse
you're a moron
>stealth shit
Chameleon > Invisibility and "stealth archer" is no less strong than other games.

>Chameleon > Invisibility
Fucking this, same effect once high enough % and doesn't come undone with every little action.

If you throw sneaking in there it’s sneak, walk, run, and sprint. Although sneaking in most cases just means moving while crouched.

Because you need to explore to find the master equipment. Furthermore you need above average IQ and critical thinking to learn ingredients and plan.
Without a guide to tell you this information you won't discover the master equipment it until you are several quests into the game and you won't even know what ingredients do what.
Later in the game you gain this knowledge and a veteran player on a subsequent playthrough can take advantage of this.

In other games you can jump while sneaking.

The game really would have benefited from stating the enchantment capacity of items outside of the enchant menu. I never realized ebony staff was so absurd until a long ass time later because I pretty much got a daedric staff first.

I think the most fucked thing about Morrowind and Oblivion is the bullshit lvling. It's a bit more foregiving in Morrowind but still it makes no fucking sense. When you picking skills it's generally assumed it's good to pick the ones you want to use. However that method is a good way to just fuck yourself. Because when you level your stat distribution is gonna be all over the place. Not just that but also you can't get +5s on all your skills because the requirment to lvl is 10. Making it so that the best way to build a character is to pick skills that you don't plan on using but can lvl easily with stats you could use and having to train your shitty skills from a trainer. I don't know who thought this was a good system and I'm so happy Skyrim streamlined it with a way better(not perfect) system.

that's why I got an always +5 attributes mod so I can actually play somewhat normally

Yeah you were fucked if you accidentally put every skill related to a particular attribute in your major/minor. You were better off leaving some out of the two lists for trainer leveling in order to ensure you could always get 2 or 3 attributes with +5

Post nerevarines

>and make sure to glitch it so that it doesn't blind you
Nigga you just wen full retard.
Morrowind is only game I remember that allows you to play a wizard right. It is by breaking laws of the universe by using magic.
Complaining at 100% resist magic for 3 sec. spell to handle cursed artifact is like complaining that people dealing with biohazard use protection suits.
It is broken, OP as fuck but it is a game that rewards player for creativity in using it systems and not being a brainlet.

acrobatics n'wah, it's even stronger in morrowind than its equivalent in oblivion. high acrobatics, decent athletics+speed, and of course not carrying half your damn weight in useless junk everywhere and then the simple act of moving around the game world will be so fast and fun that you won't want to even use the fast travel services anymore
and to emphasize it again because it's so damn important, travel light and only pick up things that are useful or valuable. don't hoard shit or wear full heavy armor if you don't have high strength: your carry weight makes your fatigue drain faster, slows you down, neuters your jumps, just all around makes you feel more sluggish and tired

also don't worry so much about fatigue. to start with it's not even that critical if your skills are high enough, skill level is what really matters in everything you do. but early on it does help a lot, so just restore it. restore fatigue is so easy to come by in every possible source. as a spell it's very cheap, potions are sold everywhere, usually restocking instantly, and the majority of ingredients you commonly find around the world have it as an effect so it's an easy potion to make a lot of even if your alchemy skill is low.
but best of all is to enchant an item with cast on use restore fatigue. just put the cast type as self and the value as high as it goes while still having a cost of "1". you'll be surprised just how fucking high that number is; even with minimum enchant skill it'll be like 35+ fatigue restored for just one point. put it on a common ring with even something as weak as a cliff racer soul and you can just hotkey it and use it as you run whenever your fatigue hits half. it will recharge about as fast as you use it so you'll probably never run out, and as a bonus you'll train your enchant skill as you run since you spam it so much.

alternatively: play a mage with mysticism and alteration and just teleport, fly, leap, slowfall, etc. to your destinations.

I'm happily walking to my recently constructed mushroom tower after taking over the mage guild.

Attached: MGE Screenshot 2019-08-30 21.09.28.845.png (1280x720, 2.64M)

>fortify acrobatics 800pts for 3 s
>jump 100 pts for 3 s
>feather 100 pts for 3 s
Run and press jump. Travel entire island as fast as your PC loads new areas.
>slowfall 1 pt for 10 s to land

>We've run out of exotic names for dunmer, what do we call this one?

Attached: 600px-MW-npc-Edd_%22Fast_Eddie%22_Theman.jpg (600x600, 93K)

Todd the Liar

>feather 100 pts for 3 s
Isn't fortify strength better for reducing your load?

Ring of equity breaks any encounter with mage enemies.

Not necessarily. Fortify strength is better for avoiding hitting max load, but for reducing the % encumbrance for the purpose of speed and jumps feather is often superior. For the most extreme example: if you happened to be carrying 100 weight or less, then a 100 pt feather spell will bring your carry weight to 0, thus being 0%. Strength will increase your max carry weight by 5 per point, which will just make the % smaller.

>that
What are you a fucking nerd?

So it depends on you already having 100 or less weight, not really something I find realistic.

What's the best axe?

>Morrowind
>Swinging an unga bunga
Fucking Nords, I swear to Todd

not being able to sprint isn't realistic

>he's never hit a high level

What do you think running is? It's in the game, it wastes your stamina just like sprinting, it's the same just that now its speed is dependent on attributes and skills.

Don't listen to smelly Morrowind fags who don't understand that most people are able to jog more than 30 seconds without being completely drained. Play Chadblivion.

there's walking, running and sprinting. skyrim has all three movements, morrowind does not.

how do i sprint

>Tardblivion
Look! Look at this N'wah and laugh!

Attached: 1389563061667.jpg (570x720, 108K)

Press capslock to stop walking. You run pretty fast by default.

Morrowind also has leaping as a worthwhile movement option unlike skyrim :^)

In the same game where you can kill a god

I'd like to see you sprint you fat cunt

Depends on your current strength and encumbrance in general. The higher your strength already is the more valuable feather becomes. The lower your encumbrance already is, the more valuable feather becomes.
Vice versa for strength: lower current strength and higher encumbrance makes strength better.
In practice strength will usually be more useful unless you run unarmored or with light armor (until glass which is fairly heavy by light armor standards). My rule of thumb is to enchant +strength on my clothes and armor and to use feather for custom spells.

Was he, dare I say, our guy?

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (196x258, 7K)

Try to get into this. Every time my game develops this stuttering audio problem that makes be quit. Is there any fix for this shit. I remember it happening in skyrim too until it was patched.

Try setting 3D audio to software in the audio settings. Not sure it'll work but it's all I can think of.

Just use OpenMW, it's so much better, there are literally no loading times, everything is instant.

What does the enchantment skill do? Does it just determine the success rate of the enchantment? Does that mean I can just bypass that by paying an enchanter?

Enchantment skill makes using enchants more efficient. The higher your skill is the more uses you'll get out of cast-on-strike for weapons and cast-on-use for other items. It's still a useful skill even if you don't enchant anything since it applies to all the magic items and artifacts you find.

It has no effect on constant-effect enchantments since they never lose charge.

>The higher your skill is the more uses you'll get out of cast-on-strike for weapons and cast-on-use for other items
Wait, isn't the charge amount each use determined during the enchanting process? Won't that make it so if I enchant something at low levels it'll be less efficient than if I enchant something with the same enchantment at high levels? Or is the stat applied afterwards and gradually becomes more efficient?

The amount of charge it costs is dynamic based on your skill. Even items you've already made will see their cost go down as your skill rises.

why is vivec directly killable while dagoth ur isn’t?

Because Faggot Ur has direct access to the heart.

Also I should add that enchanting items yourself with anything but the weakest powers has a pretty high failure rate, and making high end enchantments on your own is literally impossible without super buffed stats. Even if you major in enchanting you'll still end up buying most or all of your enchants from an enchanter NPC. The really high end enchants get pretty expensive (tens of thousands of gold or more, depending on disposition/mercantile) but the potential power you can get from them is worth it.

Because Dagoth cucked tribunal out out their god power drinking items and can drink form the Heart as much as he likes.

The Tribunal lost the source of their power a thousand years before the start of the game and have been waning in strength ever since.

Dagoth Ur? He's the guy that stole it (back) from them in the first place.

You ever noticed that every criticism that people have for Morrowind can easily be solved by leveling their skills? People can't be this dumb, right?

Attached: 1488741710117.png (540x480, 204K)

Always get an enchanter who will buy stuff from you. Especially ebony and deadric weapons come plenty in late game farming ruins until you don't know what to do with them. So you just get your money back after enchanting by throwing those on the enchanter at trading.

But user, if I can kill a dragon at level 1 in Skyrim, every game should allow me to do that.

Based

Attached: 1557867675796.jpg (563x503, 21K)

What skills do I need to level to get better dialogue system?

A terrible place, I've heard. There's a boat from Khuul, if you have any reason to go.

Morrowind lore

Worn-out weapons and armor work poorly. Repair them yourself, if you have some skill, or take them to a smith for repair.

Why does this shit look so bad compared to morrowind? Like its higher resolution but it just looks so aesthetically shit compared to morrowinds artstyle. Why is vivec so goddamn shiny? Why is everyone mispronouncing names? Nerevarine becomes near ah var in, vivec becomes vihveck, shit bothrs me. Why is the story so ass and poorly handled, hoe come an mmo cant match the level of detail of a game made almost 2 decades ago. Its such a shrunk down shallower experience than morrowind. Shit breaks my heart. And the kicker is tes3mp is damn near perfect and thats just a small mod team. Why cant zenimax/bethesda figure this shit out for eso?

Attached: PWM0wanM_400x400.jpg (400x400, 37K)

nostalgia

no mark jones

Lack of aspiration, dedication and involvement on a personal level. One is a creation of people, the other an industrial product.

Attached: Morrowind lore.jpg (1402x1114, 385K)

You move fast as fuck after levelling up or finding items that help with that. Just play the game.

based slaughterfish retard

My favorite loot that I didn't enchant myself so far is a simple amulet with 200 feather, shit lets me jump like crazy even while hauling most of my stuff, I don't even care about the weakness to fire debuff.

Wrong, just played morrowind for the first time a few months ago and i had played eso years ago

Modding Morrowind made me appreciate vanilla Morrowind. I play strictly vanilla Morrowind now. Agility increases your chance to hit stuff with weapons. Willpower increases your chance to cast spells. Luck helps nearly every dice roll which includes hitting, spell casting, dialogue options, among other things. A skill governed by a specialty you choose will level up much faster than one not governed by one of the two. Keep in mind that you STOP leveling up once all your major skills reach 100 so put your fast leveling skills in your minor skills if you want like an extra 10 max player levels.

I don't know if that's it. Not the guy you're replying to and I do indeed have nostalgia for Morrowind, but something about ESO specifically is offputting visually, not just the Vvardenfell areas. The Skywind stuff on the other hand I think looks gorgeous.

My first game was Skyrim and earlier this year I began to play Morrowind and Daggerfall. I can tell you it's not nostalgia. Daggerfall is insane by the way.

Me too. The only mods I use these days are the texture pack and Fair Magicka Regen (minimum setting), and I've been considering even removing that. Having to rest or use potions to regen your magicka is way more flavourful than passive regen, but earlygame magic sucks in Morrowind without it.

Only attribute that felt unneeded was speed if they had just set it to a decent default considering it doesn't affect anything except walking/running/swimming speed.

I have 1470 hours into ESO and I don't like it. I still play it just cause I love TES games and sometimes I do have a good time in ESO but get tired of it really really fast. It's my first MMO and I don't know if it's the MMO side of it I don't like but everything just feels so soulless and not in the meme kind of way. NPCs just have this mannequin sort of feel to them.

speed is fine in daggerfall
they were just retarded in morrowind and made the base move speed 1/4 of what it was so that running became walking

It affects levitating speed too, but that's just as redundant because levitation magnitude itself already influences that, which is why the Scroll of Windform is so fucking amazing.

Just saying that speed doesn't add much compared to other attributes, it either turns the game into a chore or makes escorts into a chore due to you moving at light speed compared to other characters.

Even if you are telling the truth, you aren't, nobody will believe you because the bog standard response to nostalgia is "Why I just played this the first time after playing Skyrim and it blows Skyrim out of the water."

>which is why the Scroll of Windform is so fucking amazing.
Yep, made the silent pilgrimage less tedious.

In a similar boat but haven't tried daggerfall yet, thinking of going to oblivion once I'm done with morrowind. Morrowind has been pretty enjoyable so far.

Realism isn't what you think it is

Do you love dungeon crawling and wish dungeons in Morrowind weren't a linear corridor made up of 3 rooms where the challenge is not only finding the item in the massive dungeon, but getting out? If yes, play Daggerfall.

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 484K)

At that point you made as well just use the console. People can say it's more realistic but it really doesn't add much to the game, even daggerfall had movement speed that didn't make feel the need to use exploits just to walk around.

Have you thought that maybe that's the common response because it's the truth?
>even if you're telling the truth, you aren't, nobody will believe you because the bog standard response to eating food is "why i just ate regular food for the first time and it blows eating shit out of the water"

I'll eventually try it. Randomly generated shit doesn't exactly sit right with me but I'll eventually make my way to it and give it a chance.

That's not true, run speed is pretty much the same in Daggerfall and Morrowind for characters of equivalent stats (speed attribute and running/athletics skill).
The reason Speed is great in Daggerfall is because it doesn't just affect your move speed but also attack speed. And with the way character creation works letting you min-max your attributes nothing stops you from rolling 90 speed right at the start if you want, compared to Morrowind where just your racial variations and the two attributes to get +10 to in your class is all the control you get.

I've been playing Daggerfall for a few months and I'm not sure it's randomly generated. I've started a few characters and it all seems the same as my previous playthrough. Get Daggerfall Unity by the way. If you do start playing it, CLICK EVERY SPRITE IN A DUNGEON

The dungeons will always have the same layout in Daggerfall. It's Arena where they are randomly generated on the fly.

So Speed did more in daggerfall, if it was the same in morrowind and also affected attack speed then I think it would be fine, it's just that every other attribute seems more ingrained into the game's system while speed feels oddly tangential compared to Strength, Intelligence, Willpower, Endurance, Agility, Personality and Luck.

Oh then that's fine, I'll try it out once I clear my backlog.

Oh right, birthsigns too, forgot about the steed. But I guess you could get up to 85 speed at the start in Morrowind so I guess you can min-max similarly in that respect, though it means sacrificing one of the better birthsigns with good passives and powers whereas in Daggerfall you can get by just by lowering PER and LUC a bit and make it all up in the long run.

In daggerfall weapon swings have different hit chances as well.

Ah so the three attack types had a purpose while in morrowind they're pretty much superficial since you'd always want to use the best attack for any weapon instead of using different moves for different situations.

Daggerfall was randomly generated by the dev team and they stuck the results into the game so everyone gets the same layout.

the correct term is procedurally generated

It's the same shit so it doesn't matter

Depends on the weapon in Morrowind. Some of them have one attack type that is better for quick attacks while another attack type is better for charged attacks. But most weapons do indeed just have one universally best attack. As I understand it "Best Attack" from the gameplay options just picks the move with the best average damage, even though the only number that matters in practice is the max damage. Most of the time these coincide and the few times they don't the difference is small anyway.

feels too much like a Morrowind themed theme park than actual Vvardenel, pretty comfy though tbqh

why do people have to be such fucking plebs, what's so wrong about a slow paced RPG where you actually feel yourself get stronger over time as you level up? skyrim is fuckin gay you play for 100 hours and the only difference is your health and damage numbers get bigger

finished it with the MW Overhaul mod pack back then. It doesn't give you sprinting though but by the time you get places you'll run quickly enough. You can turn yourself into Sanic too if you brew the right potions and effect-stack it.

>skyrim is fuckin gay you play for 100 hours and the only difference is your health and damage numbers get bigger

yeah, well, you have Todd and his money whore company to thank for that.

>you move slow af
What? Skyrim is the game where you move slow as fuck.
Make Athletics one of your major skills if you're too impatient for it to level up. Regardless, before too long you'll be speeding across the map faster than in any other Elder Scrolls game. Because in this game you actually grow more powerful when you're meant to grow more powerful.

Find or build a good enough weapon and you'll do it in Morrowind too. You just need to prep for it.

Despite what M'aiq says there are actually no dragons in Morrowind.

Well. Dragon-tier enemies. Or the closest thing.

there are no dragons in Skyrim either.
there are no dragons in all of Tamriel, not even on Akavir.

Akatosh isn't a dragon either.
Because all there ever was is wyverns.

>The dungeons will always have the same layout in Daggerfall.
Only for the story dungeons. Other dungeons are indeed random. Built by randomly combined modules.

>Built by randomly combined modules.

some of them are horrible and if you have no recall spell, you're totally fucked. part of that is that the graphics are too crappy for fully 3D maps as well. it's actually funny how all the other TES games after Daggerfall weren't that ambitious about mapping despite better graphics.

Nope every dungeon is preset and unless you use a mod to regenerate them they will always be the same.
Source: I found the same dungeon in OG daggerfall and the Unity release 4 years apart on separate characters.

They were all built through random generation but they don't randomly change. Basically, Bethesda generated a bunch of dungeons and shipped them with the game, rather than shipping a game with a built-in dungeon generator a-la roguelikes.

What? They indeed do change. But only for each new playthrough. Barring the fixed dungeons of which there are plenty.

Why are the books so interesting?

They do not, you are mistaken. Every single dungeon and town in Daggerfall is 100% fixed and 100% defined by the Maps.BSA file. You can read it with Donald Tipton's atlas tool.

What may have confused you is that whenever you leave a dungeon in Daggerfall the map resets and all enemies and items respawn. But the layout will always be the same across all saves, across all versions of the game, and across all PCs you play it on.

Gave me a hearty chuckle, well done user.

I started replaying this game with the aim to not get over powered fast which is fucking hard.
>you can steal drough helmet and shield from balmoral and sell if for a shit ton
>same with orc armor
>dark brotherhood fags giving you the second best light armor out there and expensive

It's kinda hard desu

>Are you supposed to just slooooowly walk everywhere and enjoy the view?
Yes, along with the faster modes of public transportation and the rogressive speed boost spells enchantments and alchemy you can use.
Fuck off if you're going to complain

This, but unironically

Because you enjoy reading about a retarded race that falls for stupid shit like dwemers wearing heavy armor as a disguise or three random fags proclaiming themselves to have mantled 3 daedra

>walk up to citizen
>ask about Services
>they tell you about the silt strider sitting 20 feet away from the starting point
or you could have read the descriptions of each attribute before assigning them to your class.

*blocks your path*

Attached: dragon.gif (320x200, 31K)

Are dwarves dwemer or are dwemers dwarves?

>Using public transport and missing out on all the two room dungeons filled with shitty loot along the way

Attached: 1505250991-oneandsame.jpg (1277x936, 128K)

Peryite's got four limbs + wings. He's the only thing in the series to ever be depicted that way and I don't think he's ever been explicitly named as a "dragon", but he fits the bill if you want to get all standard-fantasy-autism about the terminology.

He remains intact in the modern games too. You see his statues in Oblivion and ESO in all of their six-limbed glory.

and the OSK steel hammer nord.

It's painful doing a run without using the mage guild transport service.

You should've picked an easier opponent.

Morrowind is to boomers what skyrim is to zoomers

Oblivion is still the best game Bethesda ever made

And not forget mark, recall and intervention spells to haul all your loot out of the dungeons.

>morrowind
>boomers
you mean daggerfall

it's called gitting gud
if you played the game you'd know how to solve these problems you fucking retard

>manual blocking
>all this game busting stuff
Might as well jist give yourself god mode while you're at it

>walk into vivec's treasure vault at level 1
>say goodbye to all the high value loot because you the cell instead spawned the lowest tier levelled loot instead
>so even if you return at higher level, vivec's treasure vault will remain shit forever
Fucking wow this kind of design.
Morrrowind Releveled remains an absolutely essential mod.

>uaing perfectly fair and balanced magic in game is equivalent to using the console
God you fucking zoomers are insufferable

>mana regen mod
Mana not regenerating without rest is like the one thing that justifies how incredibly powerful magic is in Morrowind.
And why go out of your way to cheat with mods to get mana anyway? You can easily use magic to temporarily boost your Alchemy to like 800+ and then with some alchemy equipment you can craft potions that every single one grants 10-20+ minutes of powerful mana regeneration for you each. And at that point your cheese will at the very least have been through the game's intended functions.

is the online mod any good?

>Oblivion is still the best game Bethesda ever made

if only it wasn't a soulless shit game with absoluely shallow and crappy quests, save for Shivering Isles.

that didn't happen, the vivec great house vaults are full of valuable and high level shit no matter when you enter them, and any containers using leveled lists that you haven't altered by placing or removing items from will spawn new loot every time you reload and look in them.

OLD GOOD NEW BAD the post

new being some shitty mmo on the swtor engine
rofl

Am I the only with severe issues with Skyrim's movement speed? Not Morrowind's.
In Morrowind you're just slow for the first levels. And even before your natural speed has grown, you've got countless of tricks to make yourself faster anyway through alchemy, magic, enchantments. I mean if you have the gold you can just find yourself an Athletics trainer and be done with it.

But in Skyrm? Wow. It's unreal. You're so ridiculously slow in Skyrim and it just never ever gets better. You move like a damn snail in Skyrim and you jump just as poorly. Can't even climb a small hill without glitching over it with a damn horse. What in the world were Bethesda thinking with this? It's pathetic and by far the worst movement of the franchise.

And yet people consistently shit on the movement of Morrowind, and I am not sure I have ever seen someone else shit on Skyrim's movement. Almost leaves me question my sanity. Am I really that insane?

lol

>that you haven't altered by placing or removing items from
Which means that if you enter, take the items and leave nonethewiser. You got fucked.

just mod it, why even complain about something that takes 5 seconds to fix?

Only problem I have is with horses being slow asses and run out of stamina so quickly.

Heard some of the dungeons are so weirdly generated you can get stuck in them. Is that true?

>fair and balanced
Boomer dementia is a sad thing to see, time to put this one in the nursing home boys.

Every dungeon "segment" is designed to be connected to every other segment like puzzle pieces. That's just standard Daggerfall bugginess so thank G-d for Unity.

I don't mind the movement speed that much. What annoys me more is how jittery it is on uneven terrain.

I think there are a couple that require you to drop down, but have no flat walls to where you dropped down from, meaning that you can't climb up back. Requiring you to use magic to get out of there.

While indeed poor design it's honestly not that big of a deal. In all my time of playing Daggerfall I can only recall a couple of such instances. Though maybe my experience isn't typical, but even if they're more common than I experienced, I can't imagine it being common.

Regardless. You really, really want to traversal magic regardless for all the reasons that aren't getting stuck in dungeons. I mean they're really, really useful and you'd want this kind of magic anyway. So even on the offchance that you would find one of these oddball dungeons, you still aren't really stuck.

sure, except again that doesn't apply to the great house vaults because all the good shit is hand placed or spawned in containers that don't care about your level. you can see in the construction set that even the random loot comes from stuff like a crate that always spawns a random amount of varied glass armor pieces, and another for ebony, dwarven, etc.

If you're talking about Scourg Barrow, the tapestry gives you levitation when you activate it to get back up. You should still get a levitate spell because the alternate option might be an underwater labyrinth and chances are your swimming skill sucks.

I am a huge fan of Morrowind, I'd even consider it my favorite game ever, but the stamina and slow running speed are complete cancer. Anyone that defends it under the guise of "realism" is a fucking moron, realism is a bad argument to make as to why something's good in a game, unless the game is trying to be realistic for the sake of it. They obviously downgraded the running speed from Daggerfall cause the map and caves are a million times smaller, same reason there's no horses or guars you can ride or anything. Yes, you can metagame and run straight to the boots of blinding speed every new game you start, but metagaming gets boring and makes the game stale after not too long. As for fatigue, it was perfectly fine in Daggerfall, your character got tired over a few hours of doing shit, not 10 seconds of jogging in one direction or jumping 3 times. And the fact that it affects everything but you can regen it just by waiting is dumb and pointless.

Leveling up requires you to deal with the terrible gameplay. It is extremely annoying to level up your skills when you only hit someone 1/10 times at the start and you die in a few hits. Even after you level up your skills and the gameplay becomes more bearable, it still is pretty bad even compared to Daggerfall and Oblivion.

>Vivec is comfy
Words no one has ever spoken

>I am a huge fan of Morrowind, I'd even consider it my favorite game ever, but
When you start your post with lies, why should I bother to read the rest?

Magic in this game is shit if you use it in a fair and balanced way. It's only good if you use it in ways the devs didn't intend, like with the 1 second ring.

Cast intervention to get to the temple, service the altar for levitation, have a better time in Vivec.

You can become a god in Morrowind half a dozen ways without autism powerleveling optimization. I don't know why this is a complaint.

Skyrim is built around fast travel. Morrowind is built around traveling on foot.

what is the point of this post? do you just want some attention? here you go then

Or just live in a nicer town like Suran instead.

>Just spend a potion every time you're in town
wow great advice :^)

How does that help? Levitation isn't even fast in this game.

Because if you dare speak out against old games on this shitty board you always get the brainless drones with their
>ZOOM ZOOM ZOOMIE ZOOMER
Or in Ald'ruhn, there's even a nice abandoned manor that just needs a corprus exterminator.

wow, 15gp bargain rising force pots are such an expense.

You sure you weren't accidentally playing Morroblivion? I don't even think that would be so bad though. All I know is that in Morrowind if you manage to break into any of the vaults in Vivec you're going to walk out very rich with some of the best items in the game. And not just there but there's so much great static loot in high end shops, manors, or military establishments, most of which is well guarded. That's one of the things Morrowind got right that regressed afterwards, which is a damn shame because the actual stealth mechanics and AI improved so much in Oblivion and Skyrim but there's no point robbing anyone unless a quest demands it.

thicc dunmer

Attached: 1566836499729.jpg (1280x1280, 695K)

>fast travel
Is this why no one is complaining about Skyrim having the by far worst movement of the franchise?

>tfw no thicc telvanni wife

Are Kwama Burgers Imperial Fries a conspiracy to enslave Vvardenfell? It's more likely than you might think!

What? They literally have ebony and glass shit lying on the shelves and tables, and I'm pretty sure the stuff in the chests isn't even leveled, though I could be wrong about that

e-easy on those kwama eggs

>Suran

Attached: suran.jpg (1600x899, 454K)

Ascending the cantons with even cheapest and slowest levitation pots is still a lot faster than walking down long narrow hallways through three loading screens to get to the plaza from the ground level where the gondoliers are.
Ascending the cantons with high speed levitation of your own is even better still.

Attached: 1565562119001.jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

the absolute state of du*Mer bitches

Attached: swole_argonian_maid.jpg (750x1200, 143K)

Just watched the Skywind gameplay trailer and the female dunmer voice is absolutely unfitting. I don't expect the old voice, but at least try to sound like you've been smoking 2 packs since you were 5.

It's not comfy but it was cool as fuck the first time seeing it
>stumble my way to Balmora
>cool town, not that big but decent enough to explore for a few minutes
>join mages' guild
>teleport to Vivec
>have a look around the guild hall before leaving
>exit the dome
>city for as far as the view distance goes
>massive amount of squares on the map
It's much less impressive once you're used to it and how it's laid out and how annoying it is to get anywhere from the Foreign Quarter, but it's still a pretty cool city.

NOW YOU DIE
DIE FETCHER
YOU N'WAH
THIS IS THE END OF YOU S'WIT

if you play any of these skywind/skyblivion mods you are probably retarded

>play the game with MGE XE
>see Vivec right after coming out of the ship's hold and even before picking your race
Guess I robbed myself of a pretty cool moment.

Now that's more like it.

How am I supposed to play something that's not even released?

I dunno, big ass stuff in the distance is cool too.

Yeah, and then you're stuck floating around slowly while walking through the inside sections. And once you get out you have to float back down instead of just hopping over the rail.

>see Vivec right after coming out of the ship's hold and even before picking your race
If anything that's better since it gives you something to look forward to seeing up close.

If only you really could get slaves for your home and not just have them as useless followers you should free.

Unironically this.
RPG shit in the background
Skill and action first.

The potion lasts like 10 seconds user. It's just enough to get to the upper level and maybe reach the plaza door itself. A custom spell can last as short as you like too, a high magnitude one for 5 seconds is plenty to get you up, either that or a jump spell for 1 second.

Cheap/bargain levitation potions wear off fast enough to wear this isn't a problem though, and if your levitation is strong enough you'll be going faster than you can run anyway.

Why the fuck isn't there a Redguard centric TES?
Coolest dudes in all of the lore and it ain't there.

Attached: muslim man.jpg (720x540, 78K)

It's not about the potion, he's talking about offering the potion to the shrine beneath the ministry and getting an extra long and fast levitation effect. Did you even do the temple pilgrimage? I bet you haven't even drowned yourself in sewer water.

there is one and it sucks balls
also half of daggerfall takes place in niggerland

>pick mercantile as a major skill
>rip off every merchant in the land
>pay for training to become the best warrior possible
There. You have become an unstoppable warrior without having to touch the combat.

>still is pretty bad even compared to Daggerfall
No. Daggerfall's combat is 10x worse than Morrowind's due to the carpal tunnel inducing mouse swiping and the insane level scaling

Did you miss the part where the conversation was about using the altar in the temple section?
>if your levitation is strong enough you'll be going faster than you can run anyway.
Jumping everywhere is faster than both, and what you'd normally be doing.

Oh yeah that would be annoying, at least you get float to a bedroll and rest it away, but it makes way more sense to just use the infinite 10sec potions they sell right there for cheap.

gog.com/game/the_elder_scrolls_adventures_redguard

Attached: 47a9cc8b4ec015f0e536de0fb786ca1522d0a975f219197542d6031f5b071582[1].jpg (1024x768, 304K)

morrowind has zero feedback on misses or blocks daggerfall is much better

There is one but they chose the wrong genre for it.

user...

Attached: CGW (March 1999) - Redguard Review.jpg (2000x1427, 813K)

isn't that how you pronounce vivec?

>morrowind has zero feedback on misses
You get sound feedback that's different from swinging at air.

Yeah the lack of manual blocking really cheapens the combat in MW. When Oblivion came out, the blocking was easily the biggest improvement for me.

there's a little swish noise for misses and a blocking animation in morrowind, but in daggerfall only sometimes a sound effect will play when you miss and there's only a blocking animation for skeletons, and even then it doesn't always seem to work properly.

WE WUZ YOKUDANS AND SHIET

Attached: rape.jpg (901x768, 112K)

Which daedric face was the most /fa/?

WTF???? You can make an item that lets you run at impossible speeds. Where the game cannot be controlled anymore. Fucking zoomposter.

>starts raining in Balmora
>my FPS gets raped even on modern hardware
All the other cities are fine. What's wrong with Balmora?

Attached: 1561841388625.jpg (936x604, 32K)

why are trainers so fucking broken in this game
there is no reason to even train skills normally
every other game in the series even older ones there would be some cap or cooldown but in morrowind it's no fucking holds barred, you walk in with a bunch of money and walk away a minute later with whatever skill level you want
why did they just randomly decide to destroy all balance with trainers in this game
you can literally walk to ghostgate from the start of the game and loot like 200k+ worth of shit, sell it to that merchant in caldera then instantly buy hundreds of skill levels

Attached: 1492060752833.gif (148x120, 39K)

>you move slow af
>af

Like you wouldn't

Because leveling non combat skills always has and always will be painful so anyone would gladly pay out of the ass to skip the tedious grind.

>just use the console
But the console is cheating, using dispel with the boots is not. You can also easily do something like just play as a Breton and you'll mitigate most of the blind effect. There's more ways than just the boots as well, like teleporting, or actually having a decent speed stat/speccing into athletics, huge jump spell+snowfall, acrobatics, buffing carry weight, etc. I mean, you run into a guy right outside of Seyda Neen that killed himself by misusing crazy magic but with clever use you can actually use his scrolls just fine, like by landing in water or casting another as you're about to land. None of this is abuse, it's just using the game mechanics to your advantage instead of being a braindead zoomer that just wants to hold W everywhere

Attached: confused maid.jpg (1273x1273, 651K)

Unless you know where the master trainers are there's a limit to how high you can train. Most trainers can make you decent but not great, and the costs are pretty steep if you spam it.

Bibetch

>You'll never be better than you are today. If you are lucky, by superhuman effort, you can avoid slipping backwards for a while. But sooner or later, you're going to lose a step, or drop a beat, or miss a detail -- and you'll be gone forever.

Attached: 1441906850167.png (353x239, 64K)

You can just steal the alchemy set from Caldera mages guild, buy infinite ingredients from an alchemist (easier made by using the sales stack increase trick) and have infinite money from potions (and alchemy 100).

If you read the rest of my post you'll see the point I'm making isn't that there is no way around the slow movement speed, it's that the slow movement speed at the start of the game adds little to nothing to the game. Daggerfall had all of the magic effects and allowed you do the things you just listed, but even if you don't do that it still lets you move around at a reasonable speed.

Morrowind is a fun game but boomers seem completely unable to admit it had any flaws or questionable design choices whatsoever.

what, that's just a lie. morrowind's combat miss sound is a unique and distinguishable "swish" that doesn't sound anything like what happens when you just attack air. daggerfall doesn't even play a sound most of the time, just a clang when missing human opponents, but most enemies have no feedback on misses at all.

that's a reeling animation from critical striking it, it just looks like a block because of the way the skeleton sprite moves. it's actually a stronger hit than usual. most hits arent reacted to at all except a knockback (which is actually pretty fun knocking things down shafts so they die, but you often lose the corpse that way). at least in morrowind every hit will apply a short stagger though it may be harder to notice if they were in the middle of another animation already, but it does prevent them from moving and attacking during it. morrowind had more impactful hits and more consistent feedback on misses than daggerfall.

Daggerfall didn't even have blocks, shields just added armor like any other piece, and were poor at it and not worth losing a 2hander for. Armor was D&D style back then which means it contributed to your evasion rather than mitigating damage, so I guess you could say that it increased your block chance in that abstract way the same way your chestplate and helmet does, but Morrowind was the game that added real shields that block attacks and you get plenty of feedback on those. They're quite useful against enemies using two-handers since they'll absorb all damage and prevent the usual knockdowns and staggers from them. Block chance is higher against more fully charged attacks too so it's pretty reliable when used for that purpose, especially if you're standing still for the bonus block chance.

Of course, Daggerfall didn't have any of that. There were no "slow and strong" weapons or "fast and weak" weapons. Whether you want to play a sneaky thief going for backstabs, a brute charging up and crushing enemies beneath your steel, or a ninja making quick precise strikes, your weapon of choice in Daggerfall was a katana every time. The combat is so much more varied and interactive in Morrowind. Daggerfall you just thrust when you're low skill and chop when you're high skill - it's the same with every weapon and weapon types are almost entirely cosmetic. In Morrowind depending on your build you may be poking enemies from midrange with a spear, summoning a posse of ghosts to distract them while you pelt them with arrows, or trying to one shot and knocking down everyone with the biggest heaviest weapon you can find, or stunlocking your foes by spamming attacks with daggers, or depleting their fatigue to make them go unconscious in hand-to-hand. It's quite impressive that not only did Morrowind manage to have more weapon types than Daggerfall, it also made each of those weapon types more distinct. A rare instance where both quality and quantity increased at once.

>clear the area of cliff racers
thank you based jiub

My game runs like shit in any of the Tamriel Rebuilt cities.

Attached: 1566951206254.png (209x278, 38K)

>W-what? I don't start the game as already one of the strongest people on the entire continent? What is this?

>Block chance is higher against more fully charged attacks too so it's pretty reliable when used for that purpose, especially if you're standing still for the bonus block chance
Where did you get this information from, user?

>have to play like an autist to get +5 attributes
Except you don't, because it continues counting skill-ups towards attribute-ups until the moment you decide to sleep (unlike Oblivion, where as soon as you hit the "you should rest and meditate" message, your skill-ups roll over to the next level's attributes). As long as you can afford training you can always get +5s.

Start as a Breton and quickly do the quest for the boots of blinding speed. Game becomes 1000x more playable by doing this.

Why was the ebony scimitar so sexy?

Nice trips. You can see the reverse engineered formula for shields at wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Research:Combat#Blocking_with_a_shield
That specific standing still bonus was meant to be editable by a GMST but instead is a hardcoded 25%. That's based on your own base block chance, not a direct +25 to the final chance, e.g. a 30% block chance becomes a 37.5% one from that bonus.

Apparently the comments even mention that the bonus applies as long as you're not moving forward, so it's fair game while strafing and backpedaling, just not advancing. I just learned that now, cool.

>start the game as argonian
>pick acrobat class
>play game in zoom zoom mode

>Playing as a slave race

That's pretty neat
It remind me of the time when I learned that you can pick up item one by one by holding ctrl.
It happened 5 years after I've first played this game

Why is his staff so satisfying to use?

Attached: Trebonius_Artorius.png (300x500, 213K)

How could someone so incompetent be Archmage?

>but even if you don't do that it still lets you move around at a reasonable speed.
You move at a similar run speed in Daggerfall. Morrowind didn't slow you down compared to it, unless you went with lower stats in Morrowind and specced for speed in the former. Though it's more bearable in Daggerfall because of the way Fatigue works (more of a long term thing that is basically a second health bar to maintain rather than something that drains completely after a few minutes of running) and because you can just get a horse to deal with all the back and forth playing fedex in those huge cities, while in Morrowind you've only got your feet to take you from the nearest fast travel point to your destination. It's too bad the cut ridable Guars.

Its a very nice town.

Clearly he was well equipped with decently enchanted stuff.

Because he's the Archmage of the most irrelevant branch of the guild.

You're supposed to steal the alchemy potions in the first store, learn alchemy and break the fucking game.

You can literally kill a whole town with a single fireball. You can literally fly or jump to the moon, cross vvanderfell in a second etc.

>not shaming all dunmer by becoming the savior of their whole fucking continent as an argonian

Sort of, some areas might fuck you if you don't have levitation or recall, but most of them have a doodad you can touch to levitate you for a minute. Be careful though because you can only use each of them once.
The bigger problem is that there's some dungeon blocks don't properly connect their eight edge doors, so they can accidentally seal off large portions of a dungeon if they're arranged the wrong way. The most prominent example of this is block W0000018, where one of its sides is fully disconnected from the other three sides with no special puzzles or teleporters to pass through, just a design oversight.

The ironic thing is that we're talking about a broken handcrafted block. Dungeons that incorporate this block may become broken depending on where it's placed, but it wasn't the random generator's fault: the designer who made it screwed up. If they had stuck to the general design principle that you must be able to reach all eight doors on all four sides from any of the other eight doors, there would have been no problem. And that designer might have even literally been Todd Howard since he declared in the NoClip documentary that he made "half the levels" in Daggerfall. Probably not something he's proud of since the dungeons were always the biggest point of criticism for the game even when it was new.

>The combat is so much more varied and interactive in Morrowind.
lmfao you mash mouse1 and longswords are better than anything else because 90% of the artifacts are longswords even oblivion is more varied

>the dungeons were always the biggest point of criticism for the game even when it was new.
Why even play Daggerfall then? Heard the selling point was literally the super cool mega big dungeons. Everything else should be better in Morrowind and Skyrim.

You're right, Oblivion has more varied combat than Morrowind which has more varied combat than Daggerfall. Weapons having slight differences in playstyle in Morrowind was already a huge improvement over literally no difference, and then Oblivion took the cake with power attacks, active blocking, and that cool dodge move you get with acrobatics that is of questionable usefulness but still great fun just for the novelty of it in something as usually rigid as TES.

He's a retard. The whole reason Battlespire was made was because the general consensus was that dungeon crawling was the best aspect of Daggerfall (which is true).

Battlespire was made specifically in response to those criticisms you zoomer. They gave us fully handcrafted dungeons with a focus on action and an amazing spellcasting system with dynamic cast types because everyone fucking hated the huge senseless copypasted mazes in Daggerfall.

Dungeon crawling is the worst aspect of Daggerfall. The main storyline ones are not so bad, but the rest that you get are horrific. Unity version tried to improve that by making them a bit smaller, but did not succeed.

>The most prominent example of this is block W0000018
is there an image or something I can see of this block? i'm interested because i've cleared a lot of dungeons in daggerfall and never actually encountered an unsolvable one.

>Originally titled Dungeon of Daggerfall: Battlespire, the game was created to be an expansion pack for Daggerfall. The game would focus on the best part of Daggerfall -- romping through a dungeon and battling creatures. It would be much smaller in scope and feature intense level design. It was the only Elder Scrolls game to offer multiplayer as well, where you could play death-match against other player's characters.

If you are a sub 80 iq retard, yes. Dungeons should not be a 3 room corridor with one chest like Morrowind.

The "best part" was the main quest dungeons. Direnni Tower and Mantellan Crux especially were memorable as hell and had really clever designs in some areas. Even the Castle Sentinel bar puzzle to get to the Lich which was the subject of many frustrated posts was actually pretty fun if you treated it logically and marked your map. Battlespire gave us more great shit like those, and none of the garbage level design that was most of the rest of Daggerfall's dungeons.

>Unity version tried to improve that by making them a bit smaller, but did not succeed.
i think it succeeded pretty well. turns those 2 hour random dungeons into 20 min dungeons. i pretty much dropped the original game because the random dungeons were so big but enjoyed the smaller ones in unity a lot.

Unity does not make the dungeons smaller, that's just a mod.

Reporting back with info, it turns out it was because of the modman window lights mod. The game didn't like having so many lights active at once with water trying to reflect them. Removing the mod fixed the frame rate issues.

Attached: 1564876748782.png (692x603, 64K)

>3 room corridor with one chest
Thats detailed and straightforward enough with no bullshit. Also
>generalising
Ill take that over half-assed "progressively-generated" undetailed crap. Either build a proper dungeon or fuck off.
>expansion pack adds a massive dungeon
>yeah, lets ignore that

>one usenet post from 1996
wooow
now dig up all the people complaining about morrowind's streamlining

Mod or not, it tried.

>It's a product of its time.
In what way? Action-RPGs even older than Morrowind didn't use the 'dice roll for combat' mechanic that Morrowind does.

Attached: Severance 1.webm (480x360, 644K)

Wow the player character's stats sure are what was the basis for the outcome of that fight! Amazing! Cool genre! Much RPG!

>Wow the player character's stats sure are what was the basis for the outcome of that fight!
They are though?

sure here I love this shit, they were justified to complain and I agree with them, but read any review from when it released and the most commonly cited cons aside from bugs was the repetitive dungeons

that's not a daggerfall vs. morrowind issue, just one of revisionist history. if anything morrowind went too far in the other extreme of mostly tiny dungeons yet still managed to be fairly repetitive despite that downsizing

Attached: 1444638098858.png (1013x1355, 90K)