Is this unironically one of the best games ever made?

Is this unironically one of the best games ever made?

Attached: VTM Bloodlines.jpg (800x795, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Urbvj2wpyR0&t=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

don't talk about games you never played user

No, game has so many damn flaws it's unbelievable. Even with the unofficial patch, the game is still buggy. I've only ever completed that one quest with the guy collecting limbs in the basement once because it bugs out so much.

no, the last act kinda sucks.

>No, game has so many damn flaws it's unbelievable.
This. Also the story sucks donkey balls.

considering that I wanted to kill myself during each of the major combat sections, no

Yes.

Yeah. Despite being fucking archaic it still produces an atmosphere like no other with insanely memorable characters.
Other anons in this thread are faggots

Attached: ventruecomputer.png (544x544, 533K)

WALLPAPERS

Attached: Friggin' Chicken.jpg (1600x900, 390K)

Attached: Death Mask Productions.png (2048x1152, 910K)

;)

Attached: wallpaper2.jpg (3200x1800, 574K)

Games, no. Overall experiences, yes

this jank? lmao no

Attached: anime_raff.jpg (622x647, 75K)

Works fine on my machine :)

has great atmosphere and rpg elements but that's all there is to it. the rest is pretty crappy.

Attached: VTMB Hollywood.jpg (2880x1620, 1.35M)

The game stops being good right around when you leave Santa Monica desu. Everything after feels rushed, bugged and boring. Chinatown barely even feels like it exists. Hollywood had potential but ended up pretty lacking. It's no coincidence that this is also around the time when missions stop being creative and you're just thrown into forced combat over and over while you work your way through buildings. I nearly dropped the game during the sewers and by the time I got to endgame I had put godmode on because I was tired of the shit combat. It's a game that could have been amazing but had its potential sadly wasted. Atmosphere and writing end up being the only things that keep it going.

When the fuck are they going to show off footage of Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Earthblood?

Attached: 5753866925d095b16dfbe0.jpg (1920x1080, 581K)

>Yea Forums has turned against bloodlines
It's over

Attached: goodsir despair.jpg (960x960, 159K)

How many people put any effort into their build? From reading comments online about the game it seems like most people are under-leveled late in the game.

There's gonna be different dancing animations in the sequel.

Attached: ISOLATED2.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Attached: Takemenow.webm (1280x720, 968K)

It’s kino except for everything after the end of Hollywood

Has nothing to do with level. It's just a trash system and it's no secret, even people who love the game admit that. I had my strength and defense maxed out by that point but it was still obnoxious. Luckily I had Blood Strike and Theft to mash.

It's going mainstream, so we have to hate it now.

FUCK YOU ANIME BITCH

oh i was staying out because i thought you wanted a comfy thread, but you don't want that you want a shill thread instead

but a rudi thread's what you'll get

Attached: rudi.png (1329x758, 261K)

Nobody gives a shit

Attached: 1538d0efb244470d651f63f306c3da4c0ab2ac9bv2_hq.jpg (1024x680, 36K)

k you won't mind me posting then

Attached: 1554565190797.png (1347x822, 260K)

from that era of video games, gothic 2 is the best by far, and i mean by faaaaar

youtube.com/watch?v=Urbvj2wpyR0&t=
>Invitation?

Attached: giovanni estate.png (956x784, 662K)

Most atmospheric game of all time

Only a 6/10 actual game though

no
Can someone actually post the devs response to the criticism of Rudi? How people like him exist in real life etc whether you like it or not and you can play whatever the fuck you want to play as etc.

Attached: 1555537241009.webm (480x270, 140K)

it has great atmosphere thanks to writing, graphical design, animations, color pallette, early 2000s, music, sound design, expansive background lore thanks to cWoD and so on.

but as a *video game* it's not all that great. the combat is serviceable at best, there isn't a whole lot of quest branching, it's short and the rpg features are rather lackluster compared to the DnD formula of most cRPGs.

its a quintessential "style over substance" game, and that's just fine. but the fact is you could make it a telltale game without losing anything essential about it, which says a lot.

Played it for the first time over the last two weeks. Yea Forums definitely over hyped it. It has a lot of really cool ideas that to this day still aren't really utilized the way they should be in WRPGs. The problem is as a game VtMB is so bugged and unfinished that it's just as disappointing as all the games out there that don't utilize these cool concepts. And even the innovative things the game does do end up failing to be used to their full potential. It's particularly bad at the "Here's a bunch of choices but none of what you do actually matters anyway"

>the fact is you could make it a telltale game without losing anything essential about it
whoa, slow down there, big boy

Attached: Imalia (VTMB) by Ulbandi Cosplay.gif (260x260, 3.17M)

>How people like him exist in real life
>nigger
>mudslime
>faggot
>communist

Attached: 1445786203348.jpg (1111x597, 379K)

He's not even in the game

shit looks kind of fun I guess

Attached: 9463601975d095b0087d30.jpg (1920x1080, 607K)

he is more prominent in his source material than jack in the first game so there's a very good chance he is

Attached: 1561066553840.png (1111x856, 268K)

What makes the statement wrong? Bloodlines delivers atmosphere over gameplay, quite fit for a telltale game.

Or perhaps it has something to do with the fact that as popularity rises broader audiences are attracted. And so statistics starts doing its magic.

>but the fact is you could make it a telltale game without losing anything essential about it, which says a lot.
This is actually a pretty good way to put it. People won't like it but you're right.

mainstream isn't implicitly shit. they chose to make it shit and i chose to hate it

Attached: 1555311649447.jpg (2170x3002, 889K)

Isn't he in Copenhagen. What evidence do you have that there's a good chance he's in Seattle.

>but as a *video game* it's not all that great. the combat is serviceable at best,
>but as a *video game*
>the combat
Wew.

>there isn't a whole lot of quest branching
WEW.

>and the rpg features are rather lackluster compared to the DnD formula of most cRPGs.
Double (you), eee, double (you).

Yeah. Jack was explicitly based in L.A. coming from the book L.A. By Night.
Beckett is literally the single most prominent character and is constantly moving around.
I think if rudi was in-game we'd have seen him by now. We've seen plenty of other character stills.

lots of gay buttsex in seattle

Attached: bl2.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

just like in the first game

Attached: qualitybloodlinesanimations.webm (1280x720, 934K)

Yep, VTMB could have been one of the best games ever made, if onlyl Troika wasn't utterly incompetent and Activision wasn't devilishly corporate. Seriously, fuck going with the stealthy route and finding out in the second half that the game turns into a straight up action game with forced bossfights.

You can be smarter than that if you want to show me I'm wrong.

It’s obvious the devs became rushed for time near the end because the pacing and combat slots are pretty bad. It’s not terrible but Santa Monica is the best part of the game.

VTMB inspired music, go

You are forced into combat in Santa Monica already with the painting guardian. Right when you arrive in Downtown, Nines tells you to get tougher or you get fucked. You can't say the game didn't warn you, you just weren't listening. Not everyone can be reasoned with and not every fight can be avoided.

>You are forced into combat in Santa Monica already with the painting guardian.

Isn't there a way around this?

>having these images saved so you can shit post

Literally have sex.

the trannies they hired to shill this game angered me one fateful night months ago and i've been gaping their little cornholes ever since

Attached: 1561233291117.png (1024x2792, 550K)

Was I the one who prioritized only one out of all means of role-playing, one which is almost always done poorly due to the limitations of "DM emulation"? The one who somehow missed that the majority of the quests either produce different results depending on player's actions or even are only available if the PC meets certain criteria, including but not limited to prior and ongoing dialogue choices? The one who considers "RPG features", A.K.A. incrementing numbers on a spreadsheet, in a WoD-based game inferior (not different, but outright inferior) to a DnD-based game?
You know, I'm not even upset after taking another inch of this hook, just sad.

Attached: RPG_elements.jpg (640x414, 27K)

You can refuse it, but that takes meta knowledge. Its a main quest and you can't be prepared to fight a blood demon with the knowledge the game gives you. Its very much thrown at your face and if you chose to do it as an entirely non-combat character, you are kinda screwed.

>Paradoxfags have turned against bloodlines
ftfy

There's a clear disconnect between an NPC calling you a bitch and the latter half of a "Play it Your Way" RPG suddenly being waves on waves of enemies gangbanging you with uneven numbers. You're getting put in multiple rooms with upwards of five enemies at a time by the end with super speed and shotguns.

>You can refuse it, but that takes meta knowledge.
IIRC you can't. I think when you try it just leaves that conversation line open to start again and nothing progresses until you do it. Therese doesn't come out until you've accepted the quest from Jeanette.

werewolfs are gay af.
noone cares

unironically yes

ITS TORTURE TIME MY LITTLE CHILD
SO FOLLOW ME INTO THE NIGHT
LET ME DRAG YOU DOWN

Attached: vlad.jpg (469x469, 124K)

>The one who somehow missed that the majority of the quests either produce different results depending on player's actions or even are only available if the PC meets certain criteria

The main questline is almost completely non-branching, most sidequests can be started by all characters and they play out the same - what branching there is usually occurs at the very end of the questline if even there, like when you double cross Venus. Compare this to something like New Vegas where even the average side quest has more branching than the main questline of Bloodlines, nevermind the options you have to finish endgame of the main questline. Even Fallout 3 provides more branching and more alternate methods to approach completing a quest than Bloodlines where you essentially have 5 different options to click to choose a diplomatic approach.

>The one who considers "RPG features", A.K.A. incrementing numbers on a spreadsheet, in a WoD-based game inferior

I believe the DnD system objectively translates better to a video game format, yes.

you cant decline the quest
you are locked inside the art gallery until you defeat the guardian

It's kinda strange, but the best RPGs ever are usually the unfinished ones.

RPG is arguably the most "prestige" genre there is, and for some reason, it's stuff like vtmb, New Vegas or Gothic 2 that are among the best in it. Buggy, unfinished titles that needed twice the budget and dev time. It might be because those projects were made by people passionate about what they were working on, with money providers not being keen on paying for something that's too risky to invest too heavily into.

>those rear sights
Why can't devs just look at a fucking pistol before doing stupid shit like that to it?

Attached: 17.png (239x242, 96K)

>post yfw its canon that dinosaurs were an advanced civilization that ended with a meteor crashing onto earth
>post yfw the only people that remember this are were-crocodiles
The lore only gets worst the deeper you go

Attached: 20190515_001810.jpg (1080x1250, 467K)

No. It was a glitchy unfinished mess on release. Even with the patches, the game itself is still subpar in many aspects, the combat is terrible, there's very little choice and consequence in the quests, and the game flat out falls apart once you reach Chinatown. Hollywood was significantly less put together than Santa Monica, as well, so basically the entire reason people like the game is because of how well done the first act is. The game has its following because of the atmosphere you get from that start, but if you look at the game objectively, it hardly qualifies as a great game, let alone one of the best ever made.

>if onlyl Troika wasn't utterly incompetent
It didn't help them any that they decided to choose an engine that they basically had to build a game off of from a beta version which would have been a giant headache for a third-party. HL2 released on the same week and had a more up to date version of Source. They honestly should have used something more established like UE2.5 at the time.

it would be if it wasn't so unfinished
a shame really
it's still good but you know

taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake me now
YOU CAN TAKE ME ANYTIME IM WIDE AWAKE
YOU CAN TAKE ME ANYTIME IM YOURS IM YOURS IM YOURS

Attached: pepe muse.jpg (354x286, 18K)

funny how you omit to mention that writer got fired

>pre-alpha build
oh no, so horrible

Attached: bran.jpg (645x671, 81K)

LET ME KISS YOUR NECK
PLEASE DONT BE AFRAID
I'LL SHOW THINGS YOU WON'T FORGET!!!

always play the version since it's regularly patched to the latest version by wesp, himself.

>the game flat out falls apart once you reach Chinatown
This is not the first time I hear this, but I've never seen it elaborated upon. What do you mean by this?