Greedfall

Give me a quick rundown on this game. Is it going to scratch that Dragon Age: Origins itch or what?

Attached: GreedFall-Interview-01-Header-2060x1159.jpg (2060x1159, 352K)

Give ME Aphra wife!

Attached: Hat Aphra.jpg (780x438, 46K)

Yea Forums won't talk about it because they're scared of black people

What! Give ME cute wife!

Attached: Bug.jpg (4739x7602, 2.5M)

Why on earth would you want it to be like Dragon Age: Origins?

Attached: 19243893112.jpg (800x450, 43K)

it's being moderately shilled which lowers my opinion of it

also it's a Spiders game so it's guaranteed to be shitty Eurojank and not in a fun way

Not sure about it honestly. I'm keeping a tentative watch on review/fan reception, especially here. Could be a diamond in the rough, but man you can already see the immense amount of euro(?) jank infused into every trailer. Besides that, the colonial themes of indigenous tribes being harassed by imperialistic royalty makes me feel like there will be a bunch of focus on the political drama side of things rather than a fantastical world.

Honestly, I see it at best getting a 7/10 from most people, with a bunch of people here singing its praises for having hidden depth you have to work towards. Worst case, it's a buggy broken mess that is cheaply made and gets caught up in its own RICH LORE AND HISTORY that it forgets to be a good game/make a good world. Could go either way.

>also it's a Spiders game so it's guaranteed to be shitty Eurojank and not in a fun way
Unsettling how true this is. Their previous shit was mediocre at best.

>also it's a Spiders game so it's guaranteed to be shitty Eurojank and not in a fun way
Calling it eurojank does a disservice to actual eurojank.

Spiders games are just Bioware wannabes.

It's a spider game, they try to fill the void left by bioware but it's closer to ME mechanics tant DA:O.
It's a AA studio that improve with each game. Technomancer was good so GreedFall will probably be better.
Since they aren't AAA people shit on them for not havin the polish of a Witcher 3 and they don't get a free pass since they aren't indie.

>there will be a bunch of focus on the political drama side of things
Of course there will, transposing very human problems into fantasy settings is one way to make a setting interesting, see The Witcher.

It's a better game than Technomancer with more content and better characters except for the women you can fuck.
Impressions make it seem like Spiders have delivered closer to an AAA experience than the usual AA jank.

It's probably still not great, but if you persisted through Bound by Flame and/Or Technomancer, this may actually feel good.

Agreed, but sometimes you get so caught up in the interconnecting political drama of your fantasy world that your actual fantasy elements take a major backseat. See Nioh as a good example, you have this world built on japanese wartime history that's layered with tons of interesting mysticism and Yokai. But then the game gets so embroiled in the political back and forth, that nearly every scene/conflict is centered on another noble that you'll forget their name 5 minutes later.

There has to be a balance, and it's a tricky one to make.

The developers have made it pretty clear that 'full on colonization and just taking over everything is the 'bad' path, but you should be allowed to be a dick' is their approach. Shades of gray comes more when you try to balance the interests of parties and whatnot.

Why do so many games have to include "fall" in the title?

Attached: Confused Harpy Eagle.jpg (1080x1080, 100K)

>especially here
Yea Forums is garbage for getting real opinions. Half of the time you just see shitposters that have not and will never play the game they are bitching about. This place is incapable of discussing new games. /vg/ is marginally better, but playing the game yourself is the best idea.
I'm just going to pirate it and play through the first few hours to get an idea of how it plays, because it does seem interesting. If you don't want to pirate, Steam has a 2-hour refund window.
First impressions: the cast isn't particularly interesting to me. Hopefully they play off each other and are well-written. We'll have to see.

Attached: 1545673570544.jpg (2560x1440, 1.59M)

>Dragon Age: Origins
It's not isometric and doesn't take place in a medieval fantasy world, so I don't know why you'd compare it to DA:O.

because 'rise' is evocative of erection and male power, and kike gamedevs are trying to subvert western masculinity

lmao

How does that work with Fall of Pripyat?

it generally implies that the situation is going to shit

>Hopefully they play off each other and are well-written.

I mean it's a Spiders game, they are more well known for being unintentionally funny than well written.
The "badass" intro to the main character in Mars War Logs is great for all the wrong reasons.

It's going to be the new ELEX.
So probably the best rpg of this year.
(Let's be honest, barely any competition this year)

Yikes. Just looked them up. All I recognized was Bound by Flame and Technomancer (which I hear was very subpar).
I'll still give it a pirate and dumpster it if it doesn't grab me.

Technomancer is not bad, but it never goes beyond decent. Inetersting setting but lore does not get capitalized on. Interesting locations, but small variety of enemies or ways to interact with enviroment/people. There are a few factions, but reputation system is basic and quests are either 'talk it out a bit' or just a simple fight to resolve.

Companions are pretty much Bioware style with less content, for better or worse in some cases.

And the action RPG like system had potential, but the full melee options are clunky/limited and the magic style has very few options. Your best bet is playing a mixed style with guns otherwise it gets boring too quickly.

The only truly bad/annoying aspect of the game is moving between places for quests and getting the same respawning enemies.

Most of the things mentioned here have been improved to an extent for greedfall (more out of combat options, better environments, quests have more solutions, there are more ways to build your character/do shit in combat, game looks prettier). Whether that amounts to an actually really good game or just a more polished version of their previous entries, we will have to wait and see.

Technomancer DOES have CUTE wifes user! (It does! It does!)

Attached: Niesha.jpg (620x349, 33K)

back to your containment general valerieposter

What!