Keiji Inafune

Can this guy ever mount a comeback? 30 years of solid work, and he makes a few mistakes. I think he deserves a second chance.

Attached: Keiji-Inafune.jpg (1250x796, 450K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bPFBT8-_wyU
strawpoll.me/18568894/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZUWJQgQ8ysk
strawpoll
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He underestimated the power of Japan.

2:13

youtube.com/watch?v=bPFBT8-_wyU

strawpoll.me/18568894/

>30 years of solid work
Such as?

creating mega man, onimusha, and dead rising.

He created Zero, he's a talentless douchebag but je wasn't a complete waste.

Why is he hated so much anyway, is it because of the whole leave capcom and make 'megaman's successor' thing? From what I saw the most serious 'bad' thing he did was starting Red Earth's kickstarter before MN9's was finished or -is- that why people started hating him?

>created megaman

Attached: Eric_Enstrom_-_Grace_-_bw.jpg (520x404, 47K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZUWJQgQ8ysk

Over sold himself, and over hyped Mighty number 9, and when released it was a sloppy amateurish game. On top of that, he had like 10 years of outsourced game series, and every game comcept made was trash.

He was the art guy. He is not a dev.

>Keiji Inafune
>Used to be a bog name in the gaming industry
>Level-5 now has a leash on his ass and make him do gacha shovelware games.

How the mighty have fallen.

Inafune got higher in the company through a mix of luck and simply being the only one around, and that role went to his head and after a couple successful games, he thought he was GOAT and joined the "WE NEED TO MAKE WESTERN GAMES AND FUCK JAPANESE TITLES" meme.

He got brigaded, basically. Just mobbed by retards online with an axe to grind but no one to swing it at. Pretty sad, but that's the reality of the internet now, hate is popular, and it doesn't matter who or why. Literally decades of success under his belt, well-liked, all of that is straight-up ignored or forgotten now, or hand-waved by shitheels who want to pretend that he was always shit.

Wanna know a not-quite secret? It was the gamergate types. Inti hired somebody's girlfriend to be their cm, and she made a feministy comment on her tumblr like once, so they screamed SJW and spammed the twitter and spammed the forum with nonsense until they got blocked/banned, then claimed she was abusing her power. Then they acted like they needed refunds but couldn't easily get them, so they pretended that was a further inexcusable offense and made sure to spam that shit everywhere, and it just cascaded into a disingenuous hate campaign, further strengthened by Mighty no. 9 not being all that good. It turns out it's really easy to get people to hate someone if you just repeat lies and half-truths enough.

how do you guys manage to pull of this out of thin air will always amaze me lol

>creating mega man
Not his work
>and dead rising
He was barely involved in the best parts of Dead Rising. He was also directly responsible for killing it.

Inafune being undeserving of his acclaim is an idea that long predates goobergobbler, tourist. It's been public knowledge for well over a decade that he took way more credit for "creating" Mega Man than he deserved, and people have disliked him ever since his comments about how Japanese games were bad and Western ones were better, especially after Capcom nearly died following his advice on that matter. Even in the industry many saw through him; see Kamiya's tweet about him being a businessman and not a game designer. All of that happened before Might No. 9 was even announced.

Capcom was honestly better with him leading them. At least he knew when something looked good. Every new Capcom game is full of goblinas.

you mean the same CM that just went on twitter tirade about how that guy she was dating raped her now that his usefulness was gone? Yeah man she didn't deserve it

>I want a franchise on day 0 with this megaman clone

fuck him

Not anymore, but I also think that the hate is largely overblown, at least regarding Mighty No.9. People had way too high expectations set up.
Can't defend him about the Red Ash scandal though.

He could make a successful game on hubris.

He didn't create Megaman, but he created many designs from X2, Zero, the entire Zero series and Legends series.
So while the title of "creator of Megaman" is false I wouldn't even go as far as saying he was a nobody or a hack.

Yes, obviously the female CM with a clear agenda since before her MN9 fanart - which was only done because she knew ahead of the public that she gets hired - who actively underminded and hid any (constructive) criticism by the backers from the devs for months, which may have caused a lot of issues with the finished game due lack of proper feedback, totally was the victim here.

He was neither, retard. He's a producer and a business oriented one at that. He doesn't give a fuck about how a game is made just that it generates short term profit.

well, at least he redeemed himself being the executive producer of Gunvolt 2.

Soul Sacrifice

>mediocre Monster Hunter clone
yeah, great track record

Only the first gunvolt, and all his position amounted to was telling aizu that his game "wasn't fun enough" early in dev and gave some ideas on how to improve it. Also promoting the game for the first trailer since inti thought having Inafune's seal of approval would help get aizu's game off the ground by leeching from the MM fanbase. But that's mostly a personal interpretation of what happened. Mostly true, but overly generalized.

If you are going to TGS, you'll see him there.

He's still credited in ASG 2. If he actually did something in that game is anyone's guess.

>executive producer
That's basically the "this guy did nothing but we want to put this name on the game" credit.

People always see the producer title and think it's a position where you do things and make big decisions like a director. It's just a project manager role, they set up meetings, work out schedules, talk to stakeholders, plan stuff, smooth things over, and if the production is small enough, order lunch.

Why would anyone, ever, give a fuck after what he did to ninja gaiden? I hope he ends up cleaning toilets.

>strawpoll
stopped reading there.

>something looked good
>donte, kat
Die

>stole the 'father of mega man' title even though he came on board after the first game was already in production
>is a glorified character designer who ate ass all the way up the corporate ladder
>famously shit on the japanese games industry
>greenlit numerous western projects which lost capcom millions
>cancelled several highly anticipated mega man projects and left the company in a sulk
>starts new games design company which DOESN'T EVEN MAKE GAMES
>greedily dives into second project nobody wants before first project is finished
>fucks up first project anyway

Attached: 1533915641203.jpg (1600x1067, 273K)

For me is.
>Fuck Japanese games
>My first game with my new company is a heavily influenced Japanese game.
Seeing so many "fans" shat they pants when Mighty No 9 was released after they gave money to this guy because they though he was the father of Megaman was amazing.

He can have as many chances as he wants, but on his own dime.

He's directly responsible for Capcom's Dark Age and then fucked off to make Concept which ALSO fucked up and it proved that he isn't a good leader.

He can have as many chances as he wants, whether people give him the funding or not though is an entirely different thing.

>created megaman
>last of the original dev team who all left prior to the release
Kys

Had nothing to do with her feminist shit, people were legitimately concerned about the game a lot of people were worried that there was literally zero gameplay footage and all of the mock ups were 2D.

He's a businessman not a creator

I thinkw hat really got me was how easily he was able to hit a nostalgic cord with me. The fucker really is a good businessman the Mighty no 9 promotional video was done perfectly.

It really hit somewhere deep to know that this game that you've been waiting for, could come to fruition, with your help with your own money you could bring back a piece of that franchise you remembered so fondly.

Inafune is a soulless piece of shit.

> he makes a few mistakes
he didnt make a few mistakes, he fucked up so royally that his contribution to the quality of previous titles he was involved with is called into question.
>I think he deserves a second chance.
he really doesnt, he tried crowdfunding with MN9 and failed with quite a fanfare coming from his own ass with how it turned out and on top of that trying another campaign with red ash while not even having finished the first one, and that taint will stick to him.
he can of course try to make another crowdfunding project, but he does not deserve people ignoring that he overpromised and underdelivered.
if he does, he needs to be unrealistically persuasive though.
may his dreams come true, but he does not deserve to build them on the charity of others.

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUGH GAMERGOOBERS
rent free since 2014

Attached: 1263768353343.jpg (428x510, 32K)

>the entire Zero series
He didn't create shit for Zero series (besides the original Zero), it was all Nakayama. Inafune's creativity begins and ends with his shitty Zero insert. He's not only a mediocre businessman, he's also a very mediocre artist.

dude producers are pretty important in japan, though it depends usually on people involved
like you know how mikami scrapped re2 entirely as a producer or how cozy and kaneko were the real brain behind nocturne while hashino was just a codemonkey

>stole the 'father of mega man' title even though he came on board after the first game was already in production
It wasn't him who used that title, it was gaming journalists who wrongly labelled him as such. Same thing happens with people like Yoshinori Ono and Street Fighter and Harada and Tekken, for example. Inafune even went as far as saying that he's not the creator of the series and people still labelled him as such.

>is a glorified character designer who ate ass all the way up the corporate ladder
That's just the way japanese business works. Kojima has produced Castlevania: Lords of Shadows, and he had fuck all to do with the Castlevania series, just because of the popularity of his name.

>greenlit numerous western project which lost capcom millions
We don't know specifically how much Inafune had to do with Capcom's decision of outsourcing many of their IPs, but while Inafune may indeed have a hand in leading Capcom towards that direction it's also safe to say that most of the decision was made by bigger higher-ups like the Tsujimoto family who's still involved at Capcom.

I can give you the Red Ash drama though, that was very poorly done. But honestly most things around Inafune are largely blown out of proportions.

Attached: eb7.jpg (942x943, 123K)

Mock-ups that had "CONCEPT ART" literally written on them.
People had the craziest expectations for this game, backed it, then turned out that the game wasn't that great despite the big funding and proceeded getting angry at Inafune when in reality they did all of this by themselves.

Inafune trusted the wrong people. He should have never trusted the gaijins in his circle. Red Ash was kinda funny because it's obvious it's just a face saving measure especially the chinese investor crap.

I know it was doomed to fail when they suddenly announce they are switching from unity to ue for no reason.