Gen 3. The last time Pokemon had soul

Gen 3. The last time Pokemon had soul.

Attached: pokemon emerald daycare.gif (500x333, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bw_iFKE5QBE
youtube.com/watch?v=y7vY6IRned8
youtube.com/watch?v=br6oUG6a0jQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think you mean Gen 4 and 5
youtube.com/watch?v=bw_iFKE5QBE
youtube.com/watch?v=y7vY6IRned8
youtube.com/watch?v=br6oUG6a0jQ

Gen 5 had more soul than gens 3 and 4 combined, though

3, 4 and 5

The holy trinity of gens

You mean the beginning of the end. What a shit era, and it never got better.

Based

Attached: Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)_1545389127887.png (240x160, 10K)

Gen 5 is soulless shit full of awful copies of gen 1 Pokemon because they wanted to make the “new” gen 1. Turns out people don’t like retarded elemental monkeys and linear level design. The only redeemable part is the story, but nobody plays Pokemon for that anyways. What is the point of a Pokemon game where 90% of the designs are too ugly to use?

Prove it.

for those who grew up with gen 1, gen 3 was pretty much the time to tap out. not that anything was wrong with what came after, but by then we were getting older and nobody wanted to be "that guy" who still played pokemon. pokemon would eventually become socially acceptable to like again, but not until about 6th gen.

It wasn't that is wasn't socially acceptable, the fact is if you had any competitive drive or ever played a sport in your life, online multiplayer and shooters became more important to you, now that shooters basically died with battle royale it makes sense to see what's been happening

Jesus christ you summed it up perfectly. I completely tapped out after the third gen...I mean I was really into 2nd gen and 3rd gen was more of me just checking it out but by then I didnt want to be that guy into pokemon games and focused more on fps shooters and platformers. I've since gone back and replayed pokemon here and there and even beat black/white, but it's like if you grew up during peak pokemon craze, you either were burned out by it completely or became a manchild.

Must have been at the bottom of all the water

Agreed. It's so derivative that it's not enjoyable at all. No one idea what this shit zoomer craze for 5 is on v

Online shooters didn't pick up big around the time of gen 3. Not even at gen 4. Around gen 5 is when online shooters became ubiquitous.

I think the biggerbthing is gen 4 is where they stopped changing the formula. I loved gen 3 so much and when gen 4 came out to get the same fucking gameplay I had been playing constantly for years was a huge let down. The graphics didn't even look much better. The leaps from red to gold and from gold to ruby were massive. Ruby to diamond was nothing.

gen 3 has always looked like shit, especially when the GBA has some of the best spritework out there.

4 drastically changed the games compared to 3 you fucking retard

Gen V is meh
Everything after is garbage

Not in ways any casual player would care about and there was no competitive pokemon scene when gen 4 came out.

gen 3 looks like shi-

Attached: pokemon mystery dungeon red rescue house.png (700x560, 71K)

All 2d Pokemon had soul

Pokemon was always a soulless abomination designed to wring money out of kids