Is this the pinnacle of handheld gaming?

Is this the pinnacle of handheld gaming?

Attached: Game-Boy-Micro.jpg (3540x2000, 2.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

retromodding.com/collections/featured-items/products/game-boy-advance-ips-lcd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cant play gbc. regular gba with a screen from the SP 2 is the best one

is there a mod with a sd card cart reader?

would be great for work.

Wish I bought one back in the day. Now they are selling for hundreds of dollars. I hate Nintendo and how they phase out their handhelds and don't even bother to release emulations for their games. It makes it seem like they don't really care about the games the produce.

everdrives dont work on it?

Ive been legit playing Final Fantasy V on my black micro recently, shit is C O M F Y

legit the only good game i have for my micro, are we brothers

Attached: 20190831_091849.jpg (3264x1836, 1.55M)

>regular gba is best
not with that godawful D pad it's not. SP or DS fat reigns supreme.

no

Attached: Dingoo_A320_White[1].jpg (2896x1944, 1.47M)

i love a good mushy d pad. gba and psp are my favorites

yeah gotta say, the micro is cool but the psp is the pinnacle

DS phat for sure has the best dpad of the GBA compatible handhelds. I've actually been considering taking the top screen off of one, installing a resistor and running it as a pure bottom screen GBA.

I alreadg have an IPS modded GBA though and its the best screen you can get hands down. It makes the AGS 101 and Micro look dim as fuck.

Attached: IMG_20190821_024303_compress74.jpg (2304x1728, 466K)

Where can I get one of these?

No it's uncomfortably small
Get a GBA with a backlight mod or an SP

you can buy GBA shells in any color imaginable nowadays. they are a really easy mod job too if you want to put an SP backlit screen on it. just need small screwdrivers and a soldering kit

what if I want one with an ips screen and a backlight and a custom shell like that? do people sell these somewhere?

etsy stores do custom gameboys, some of them look pretty cool too

I installed the IPS screen myself using this kit.

retromodding.com/collections/featured-items/products/game-boy-advance-ips-lcd

Mine is rechargeable too.

Attached: IMG_20190831_005911_compress54.jpg (2304x1728, 296K)

thank you anons

ive got a mega man zero themed IPS rechargeable. see-through blue shell with red buttons and d pad

That sounds cool af. Got any pics? I just wanted mine to match my Gamecube.

Attached: IMG_20190831_010528_compress23.jpg (1721x1649, 323K)

this one is the nicest GBA i have seen online. kinda want to build one if i get the time

Attached: GBA-intro-760x380.jpg (760x380, 47K)

havent got a pic of my exact unit, but this the pic from the dude i ordered from. got an everdrive loaded up with all i could need

Attached: il_794xN.1760610693_4qjy.jpg (794x794, 60K)

This one is

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 7K)

Are those modded GBAs really that good? My silver GBA SP seems pretty much perfect for me.

I don't get why anybody would want a Micro thought. It's too tiny to comfortably play anything intense with. Would not use unless I was trying to sneak vidya into prison inside my ass or something.

Attached: 1548286052998.png (706x412, 278K)

for me i just really like the feel of the standard GBA. the micro is way too small even for my tiny hands, and im just too wary of bad hinges to use an SP

SP were great as a kid, I tried playing on one when replaying some GBA games and got hand cramps. The OG GBAs wide body is much more comfortable to hold. I also personally prefer the big shoulder buttons and left sided start/select. I'll give the d-pad to the SP though.

Probably the comfiest dpad/stick thing ever.

Attached: s-l640[1].jpg (640x431, 20K)

i knew a kid who had one of these but i never knew what it was called and thought he just had a chinese knockoff gameboy.

Experimental thumbsticks from this era were weird but unexpectedly good, in some cases. In particular I love the thumbstick on the Saturn 3D Pad. It's absolutely unique.

Attached: Saturn_MK-80314.jpg (1940x2220, 1.65M)

i dont even like dragon ball, but the colors on this thing are just nice

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 156K)

Frankly my hands cramp less when I use my micro than with my SP.

GBA CLASSIC FUCKIN WHEN?

not before the N64

>can't play gbc
thats where you're wrong my friend. I play tons of gbc roms off my old flash carts.

That's an emulator, and it doesn't work as well as playing GBC games directly.

It does for me. Pocketnes was based. I still have my gameboy pocket anyways. The compact feeling was the payoff otherwise.

Only cool kids use the gameboy micro for their keychain

that looks beautiful

Yeah so it can get fucked up in a few years with no spare parts available?