How could diamond mining be made less tedious, while still keeping them rare?

How could diamond mining be made less tedious, while still keeping them rare?

Attached: Diamond_Ore.png (300x300, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k4kw9quZcB0
twitter.com/notch/status/1167588186652119043
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Slot machines

Loot boxes

Up the frequency of open caves in the layer where diamonds are found
Add a way to see when you're close to ores and shit without necessarily needing it to be visible normally, maybe something like the Spelunker Potion in Terraria but more short-ranged since it's 3D

Full Cave system rework from the ground up.
>Keep ore elevations mostly the same, this is totally fine
>"Natural" caves now almost always go down into the Diamonds layers
>Diamond pockets have increased chance of spawning adjacent to air blocks and reduced chances of spawning otherwise (caving is now more consistently useful than strip mining, but their rarity overall is about the same in terms of total amount generated)
>Cave systems as a whole are more sprawling with branching networks that snake up and down and back around
>Dungeons are now multiple rooms at a minimum with more varied Spawners (Creepers would be a good start), same overall loot, varied shapes, like miniature Strongholds
>Cave systems are now more varied in terms of their "primary" block
>This specifically means that instead of spawning with Stone as their main material in a given area, it could spawn with say Andesite or Granite making up much of the cave alongside ore variants of said materials so they "fit in" to the cave system, applying the relevant ore skin to the majority nearby stone type
>Jungle cave systems are mostly dirt, filled with grassy floors and vines everywhere

>>Dungeons are now multiple rooms at a minimum with more varied Spawners (Creepers would be a good start), same overall loot, varied shapes, like miniature Strongholds
>(Creepers would be a good start)
>be
Say no more, we're adding bees just like you asked.

fantastic answers

terrible, did you put any thought into these responses at all?

Diamonds are everywhere. Just need to go after them.

Put more in caves
That way best mininng method is to explore, not autistic y 11 grids

Put them in structures, don't force the player to manually mine out solid rock.

I'd be totally fine with Bee variants.
>Skelbee
>Zombee
>Creepee
>Hybrid Arachnid
>Enderbee
>Silverbee that infests leaves

I'd be happy if they were made rarer overall by dropping the spawn rate, but forcing them to spawn in caves so they can be found easier, and increasing the clump size so they spawn in larger numbers

As interesting as you make it, most players are still just gonna create autistic strip mines or use mods that delete chunks while they go do other things

>creepee
>fucking explosive tiny flying creepers
do you feel okay? are you mad?

The problem isn't their frequency, it's how tedious it is to go after them. There are certainly enough of them to go around, but strip mining just isn't fun, and sorta wastes a lot of time. Making the process more quick or fun would be really good for the game.

like terraria. multiple varied underground biomes with unique loot and ore

>using mods to find resources like this
Literally cheating, why not just generate diamonds directly at that point?
Not that i'm against someone doing whatever they want, but i don't understand why they would bother with one kind of cheating but not another.

Because usually these mods either take a lot of investment to get to that point or it takes forever.
Quarrying in mods takes longer than if you did it yourself.
Similarly, deep mine bore bombs and other similar things usually require a lot of resources to get going even if they are efficient.

>tfw I dont bother with diamonds and I just mine all the iron

Well the problem is you want two conflicting things. Diamonds have to be tedious to find to keep them rare. If you make them easy to find then they are no longer rare. The best solution I've heard would be like with making the underground actually fun to explore.

>silk touch pick-axe to collect the actual blocks
>safely use a fortune 3 pick-axe on the surface to get the most diamonds you can get

If anything, emeralds are hard to "find".

>a million "how do we make minecraft better" threads
>nothing ever changes, just get stupid cosmetic trash and empty generated structures that are nifty the first time you find there and nothing else
why bother?

It's fun to discuss game design ideas, even if it amounts to nothing.

You could make it a useless crafting material

You can enslave villagers and make them mine for you.

>How do we take the mine out of minecraft?
Simple, play creative.

That would unironically be amazing, i wish we could do more things with villager slaves.
I already like the current villagers a lot tho, what they really should do is make it easier to position them. Maybe allow us to catch them with Leads.

My nigger. Iron is perfect where it is. Rare enough to be fun to find, common enough to be used often without wincing. Strong enough to be useful but far from the powerhouse diamond is. Holds true for most of the game.

>Better Villagers mod never ever

>common enough to be used often without wincing
Why would you feel bad about using diamonds?
Are you not enchanting the fuck out of everything with Mending like you're supposed to?

Divining rod item that's hard to make and has limited uses.

>Are you not abusing Villagers to get as many Mending books as you can to make permanent equips?
Not everyone plays to min/max.

Xray

Remove Gold requirement

Just make an afk fish farm and let it run while you do other stuff, you basically get infinite enchanted books for free.

Why do you need so much diamonds and why do you need to play Minecraft at all?

>Are you not abusing the game in some way to get as many Mending books as you can to make permanent equips?
Amended.

I've given you two options to get Mending with basically zero effort, at this point you only have yourself to blame.

If mending is in the game, it's meant to be utilized.

You can lose said items in vanilla whenever you die, as well. So they ain't permanent.

Not our fault you can't figure out how to make EXP farms for the end game.

Attached: FLAOT1.png (985x911, 1.12M)

what if we get "functional" mineshafts with the chance of having a miner zombie that goes back and forth taking one block of ore at a time to chests

Mending is a bullshit enchantment that shouldn't be in the game. Wearing down your pickaxe is part of the game.

so is repairing it, either through magic or materials.

Mending is literally the only reason i can get invested in the game, putting hours into making penta enchanted weapons and armor, only to have it break again in the near future would absolutely kill my motivation to do anything.

this
you should be able to keep repairing and keeping enchants but it should just have a very high cost instead of just "too expensive!"

they removed the cap in 1.14.

Ore types should be clumped together in specific locations like biomes. That way the player would need to traverse the landscape looking for ores and building ore specific mines. Diamonds and gold would be kept valuable by making deposits much smaller and rarer than iron and coal.

Attached: 1565687722377.jpg (1016x804, 139K)

Wrong

Better answer is to reduce diamond spawn overall, but make diamonds spawn in, around and under lava pools.

could be fun, this game wouldn't be fucking anything if notch didn't make at least SOME risks. he decided to add an enemy that fucking blew up at all, to what was once considered a "comfy" game and it became the fucking face of the game. could use more crazy enemies like that new drowned that throws spears at you and does a shitload of damage. those fights are tense, flying creepers is a start and while something unique is preferable this game just feels too peaceful at times

It's a lot better than it used to be, it just advances so slowly that it's not even at the level of mods that are more than five years old

emerald ore is "rare"
emeralds themselves are every fucking where. How do villagers even get that many?

Drill item requiring a nether star to make that takes diamond dust as fuel (break 1 diamond into 9 diamond dust and drop it on top of the drill item to restore it's "durability" which is fuel).

It "locks onto" any flat intersection of 4 blocks in a wall and continuously mines out a 2x2 tunnel much faster than a pick and drags you along (you can completely turn around while it's doing this and place torches with your offhand and whatnot). When one of the four blocks it would mine out is an ore, it stops drilling, and it also stops when all four blocks it expects to mine next are air.

New enchantments include:
>Water-cooled
Automatically turns any lava it encounters/reveals into Obsidian/cobble (and mines it if it's in the way of course)
>Hard-tip I/II/III/IV/V
Uses less diamond dust.
>Storage I/II/III/IV/V
Stores 1/2/3/4/5 stacks of "trash" blocks, including dirt, cobble, the other stones, etc.

Basically cuts the tedium of strip-mining but requires you to manually mine ores.

>Have to either tunnel rat around lava (with the perpetual risk of losing diamonds if they flop into the lava side instead of towards you)
>Or manually bucket out all the lava
>Or water floor and dig out the lava
>Or just place a shitload of blocks and them mine them out
>Just to get Diamonds
No fuck you, that's even worse.

Emeralds are harder to find mining, but it doesn't matter as you can literally grow them out the ground.

coal is common enough that this wouldn't be any better

>placing sand or gravel blocks into a lava pool is hard
The point is locating the diamonds is easier but you're slightly less braindead in the way you mine them out.

doesn't that grectech new horizons mod does something like this for all their ores?

It could mine out coal, too, then. It's not that much of a change.

If I wanted autistic machines I'd play with autistic machine mods

>all my diamond equipment on the verge of breaking
>exhaust 9 iron pickaxes without finding shit
>use commands to fill my chest with diamond

Notch forgive me.

user...

It's out.

Like, right now.

Wait..
>2 weeks ago
OH.
SHIT.

you could have autismed up an autofarm and then a villager confinement and breeding center to legitimately purchase mending books.

For your drill idea would it be a positive return of investment? Like on avg would you spend more diamonds fueling it than diamonds it mines?

>put effort into makes autosorters+storage
>also transportation system
>no longer have to worry about organization

Attached: 2019-07-20_00.19.27.png (1920x1027, 1.17M)

I was thinking that you'd basically invest about .85x the amount of diamonds you'd spend mining the same amount of blocks with a standard diamond pickaxe. I mean, the thing requires a nether star, so, I'd say you've earned the right to have a pretty powerful tool like that by then.

>All that space for storage instead of just using a Minecart loop stack

more audio/visual queues to show where a cave is, after all lava and diamonds spawn on a similar level near eachother so it shouldn't be too hard if a player knows where to go

Slightly lower the diamond spawn rate.
Add a new trade item for cleric or blacksmith villager: chart that is showing diamond ore veins locations in chunks close to village (like village chunk and 8 chunks surrounding it). This trade should be unlocked only if you killed given amounts of villager-hostile mobs in village vicinity or build additional houses in village first.

The vanilla stripminers are fairly interesting. Masses of pistons, slimeblocks, redstone, obeservers and the occasional waterlogged stairs.

bees are a shitty gimmick, also bring back flaot

Don't think I'm familiar with that one. Any pictures?

I started playing today on a friend's server, and I think some sort of signal or a metal detector would be fucking great. I don't know all the tips and tricks of farming but it was slow(but kind of enjoyable).

>Getting 31 Diamonds and then putting mending on everything is tedious

Attached: bitch what.png (209x208, 47K)

Enjoy your autistic villager management sim.

I really wish he'd just completely fucking scrap the whole villager-unique items system. It's just kind of obnoxious how tools they make, animals they breed, and everything they basically interact with is essentially identical but for some reason is like half as good for them to use if you've made it, for some reason. I mean, you're their fucking mayor; if you make something, it ought to be just as good as whatever they make.

its called enchanting
general spelunking and mining content needs to be expanded not shuffled off to the side for being "tedious"
like nigger its "tedious" because theres jack SHIT to find down there beyond diamonds

I like the flute in dragon quest builders 2.

This but unironically
Diamonds should only be found in caves, abandoned mines , fortresses etc

It's way too easy to get a shitload of diamonds from just strip mining level 12

youtube.com/watch?v=k4kw9quZcB0
TL;DR:
>You assign a call ID to each Minecart and a series of call "items"
>You throw a call item into a series of hoppers that flows to a specific cart to call it up
>Then you send it back in again

Anyone got a layout for circular towers?

Levels 5-15.
Technically lower, but 5 is when bedrock starts appearing.

>using unenchanted tools
Even Unbreaking I makes the tool last twice as long.

>tfw started playing on a modpack and now mining is infinitely more interesting since caves are full of ores and there's too much for me to fucking carry so I get to go back over and over and never have to strip mine

Attached: nonon smug.jpg (539x566, 29K)

Why the fuck did a creeper spawn in this room, it should have fine lighting.

Attached: 2019-08-31_10.07.35.png (1920x1017, 659K)

>spend forever trying to find enough diamonds to make a pickaxe
>go mine obsidian, use a bucket of water so I don't get lava'd
>the water fucking pushes me inside of the lava just before it hardens it, and I get trapped

Attached: madfrog.jpg (900x900, 104K)

Run around and look at the light level. If anywhere has

They spawn on blocks with a light level of 7 or lower.

Use lower-half slabs or carpet to prevent spawning, or just more light.

Looks really cool, I'm wary about using minecarts, let alone cramming them into the same block.

>Local frogposter knows there's lava underneath the block and water pushing him toward the lava and he STILL holds down W while mining the block because he's a fucking NPC running basic lines of code

Attached: Untitled-2ll SUNNY.png (2077x2560, 1.86M)

Is it possible to pirate the C version of minecraft yet or should I just play the old version?

So long as you build it right, there's no problem. Infinite storage in a (relatively) compact space.

Thanks, that's helpful.
I wish i didn't have to make every inch of my house super bright to prevent monsters spawning..

Java is where it's at
More mod support, runs on mac, you get better performance simply by giving it more RAM

Add geological folding patterns and types. So if you know which type of rock and what formation to follow where, you are more likely to find diamonds (and lava) similar could work for coal and iron, etc. Instead of random dotted deposits, you have them accumulate in certain geological locations. This would also make the formation of random motherlodes possible where several formations converge in a favorable manner.

But implementing that would be work.

>But implementing that would be work

Yep, too much work. We better ad a bunch of bees and honey. That's what minecraft users want, right?

what is notch up to?

twitter.com/notch/status/1167588186652119043

As a geologist I fucking seconded this, but it's not going to happened, since it will require complete reworking of terrain generation system and implementing some actuall tectonic processes into the game; and even most basic of this shit will fucking either fry common PC or terrain generation will take fucking weeks.
and fucking forget about implementing something like this on consoles. They will crash and burn on modelling the single chunk

>still no cave update

Attached: ICKRgWpD_400x400.jpg (400x400, 29K)

This.
Also, consider a late game semi-automated mining/mineral gathering solution that takes a lot of resources to make, but can collect rarer materials for you. Reduces tedium at high levels.

Don't worry, tectonic movement isn't all that much day by day. I don't see anyone playing a Minecraft world for hundreds of thousands to millions of years.

The tectonic formations could be handled like underground biomes that merge into each other, influenced by the surface biomes.

How about a plentiful ore that mines as fast as diamond tools but can't mine obsidian or diamond and has lower durability. Something to make mass mining less tedious than it is with iron tools

See Terraria
Early Game materials are obtained by running through caves and are plentiful.
Late Game materials are not earned by mining, but by killing shit.

I consider bringing up the information that shows my location cheating....I also dont watch youtube videos on how to cheat or farm rare shit.
Diamonds are both very rare and very fun to find for me. I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
That being said 1 or 2 diamonds should be the reward for clearing out a small dungeon type thing you can find on the surface. maybe add 3 or 5 mini bosses who are always guarding these

suicide

Spelunker potion from Terraria

This right here is what gold should be, or replace gold tools with a new ore that is slightly more common than gold but found at the same level.

>level up villagers
>trade coal, clay for emeralds
>trade them for diamond equipment
*dabs on everyone in this thread*

Imo they should buff diamonds, introduce new ores and bosses, perhaps make a new dimension that requires you to wear a certain armor from one of the new ores to be able to go through it, although introducing a new dimension seems extreme while having the mess that the Nether is.

>Trade shitton of coal for slow level ups
>every other trade also does not benefit me
>get diamond pickaxe unbreaking 1, efficiency 1

Mojang refuses to do anything of the sorts because they don't want redstone autismos figuring out infinite resource exploits or something.

>unenchant it
>enchant it to anyfuck you want
*dabs again*

How about this: add some new ores with different properties, and allow the alloying/combination of tool materials to imbue those properties.
You could have tools that balance out by making them massively durable and fast with regular stone, andesite, dionite, granite etc., but ridiculously slow at mining ores, for example.

Yeah i agree, i think the number 1 priority for them should be more endgame content besides just building.
The wither and ender dragon are cool, but the game should have at least a dozen dangerous bosses.

Based

Untrue, I was only holding the mouse and allowing the water to push me against the block.

10 fucking years and the underground is still limited to a pathetic z level of 1 while above ground is stuck at 255. The fuck is Mojang doing?

I miss EE. The beta days with tekkit were the best.

They should really make something in the Nether, it's such an interesting concept (even if it has been thousands of times) but it's completely empty

No need to go that hardcore.
Just split biomes into surface biome that is from, I don't know, lets say Y40 and up and subterranean biomes that are below that.
You can then have certain sub biomes be exclusive to certain top biomes and have universal ones.
For example under jungle you could have mostly caverns full of water and maybe some unique animals swimming about.

That is a good idea but at the same time enchanting makes it redundant

Remove Mending
Remove diamond items from villager trades
Reduce amount of shipwrecks
Keep Enchantments

Problem solved.

Honestly, I don't get to that point. By the time I can make a full suit + all tools in diamond I'm past bored with the game and wanna start over. I'm probably missing out but I enjoy the feeling of just scraping by in the early game too much.

>make the entire game more tedious and boring with no compensation
Yeah, great idea faggot.

They need to add a mining drill that drills faster and has an AOE radius

Literally just implement the Worley's Caves mod. Shit fixes literally everything about how boring mining gets by making caves genuinely fun to explore.

I played some minecraft recently and I was surprised and disgusted seeing how fucking little they added to the game over a decade.

>Remove Mending
There's a Mending Nerf mod I liked where Mending doesn't directly repair items, but repairing items costs more each time you do it and applying Mending to an item resets the cost.

what modpack

Immersive engineering

>playing a modpack with dense ores, improved cave generation, and ores that work with fortune
Is there any better feeling?

Attached: boner.png (474x939, 827K)

What pack
And does it have quests?

Heavily edited version of Vazkii's Crucial pack. Wouldn't recommend it just because I had to crawl through half the configs to reenable a bunch of good shit he turned off, but I'd already started my builds by the time I noticed how fucked it was and didn't want to give up on the world until after I finished everything.
You can look up what mods I described, though.

Are we in the same goddamn discord server

Attached: 1554350233811.jpg (1024x962, 136K)

factory mods are for faggots

Attached: clear.png (129x113, 4K)

I did level 5, is that bad?

>having diamonds in your world
pleb

Attached: 2019-08-30_19.02.57.png (1920x1080, 822K)

You probably missed a lot of veins above you. Mining around y12 lets you hit the middle of the vein more often and you have a better chance of finding the tail end of a vein that generated high or low

same, but at least modding is now easy as piss
>mod managers make shit less tedious
>error screens and logs are much better and tell you exactly what went wrong 99% of the time with no pseudo code bullshit
>everything's much more compatible with eachother

its not tedious 20 minutes of tunneling at y:12, fortune III pick and you'll have a stack of this shit

Everybody does that once.

grindstones remove enchants.

>improved cave generation
Which ones? There are a bunch of different results when searching

Why do you NEED diamonds? You don't have to strip mine grind for them. Just use iron and explore, you can find diamonds in chests nowadays.

Imagine being as incompetent as Mojang

yeah nah just bees
trans bees tho if you into that

You redo the system from the ground up. Having iron be common as shit, gold be too fragile to be worth using and diamond as the rare final tier is retarded.
Mojang needs to abandon all shame and wholesale rip off Terraria. Unique enemies per biome, better resources the deeper you go, more resource tiers, a hell layer to reward deep diving and bosses to use those resources on.

>The modding community mocks Draconic Evolution's fanbase for saying it fair if it takes effort.
>They do the exact same shit with their machines
It's like a bunch of addicts going "Yeah I'm into this but I'm not as bad as those guys!"

Make it accept Silk Touch, which besides the usual effect also prevents it from automatically stopping at ores.

He said he used Vazkii's Crucial pack in another post which has Worley's Caves in it, so probably that.

At Mojangs development speed it would take them 20 years to implement even half of that

>creepees
>what basically amounts to silent flying bombs
Oh god, that's terrifying.

>Download mystical agriculture because I'm sick of mining
>to make resource seeds I need to mine essence
>then combine 8 to make tier 2 essence
>8 of those for tier 3
>8 of those for tier 4
>8 of those for tier 5
>4 of those for a single tier 5 seed
>another 4 and 4 diamonds for a single diamond seed
That's 32768 essence and four diamonds mined to make one slow to grow plant. This is so far beyond autism language fails it.

Attached: 1e8.png (567x810, 613K)

All machinery/agriculture/etc mods feel that way. The time you spend automating all that shit you could have just gotten enough to be set for life.

you put it in an automated farm and optionally add in stuff that makes the plants grow faster.
Since you're playing modded you should be aware that autofarmers are common to many mods.

>Having iron be common as shit
But it is common as shit
Once you make a set of diamond tools with mending on them there is no purpose for iron other than making golems and occasional set of rails

Reread the post user. The first line was how it is, the second how it should be.

Mojang should be here, looking at ideas. They don't.

notch literally browsed Yea Forums and leaked builds to Yea Forums directly.

fuck, im retarded

Replace the current diamond stuff and ore with something different, titanium or some shit
Allow said material to dig through bedrock
Add completely fresh underground content below bedrock and include the new diamonds there

If you don't enjoy the process of finding resources (ie: refer to it as "tedious") don't play survival Minecraft, it's not for you.

Attached: GAAIIIIII.jpg (1457x1079, 100K)

yeah but he left

ITT: grown adults arguing over mechanics in a game primarily played by 3 year olds.

Can't wait for the new Pokémon to come out and for the cycle to repeat.

Gonna sound stupid but how I make pretty walls? Im got inspired by Stronghold and I wall a big walled castle

stonecutter workstation
Real world walls aren't that interesting, just do something more than simple rectangles. Add turrets, murder holes and ways to see and defend the base of your wall. Just because you went with a stone face doesn't mean the floors, stairs or other features must also be stone.

Shame I didnt find a village, gonna build the castle on a hill and level the place

Download the Twilight Forest and move into one of the procedurally generated castles, they're better than what most people will ever do.

Attached: Lich tower.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

villages are easier to build now that all you need to do is place beds and workstations. Not that door villages were difficult.

>Also, consider a late game semi-automated mining/mineral gathering solution that takes a lot of resources to make, but can collect rarer materials for you. Reduces tedium at high levels.
>consider a late game semi-automated mining/mineral gathering solution
>automated mining/mineral gathering solution
gotchu bro

Attached: Quarry).jpg (1280x720, 155K)

there's a mod that literally expands on this with like 20 bees that give different honey rewards for keeping them.

If I build beds and work stations will I get the jews to spawn? So far only got a peruvian trader and a squad of crossbow cunts.
I havent play since they added villagers, I just picked up the game again

this kind of thing should be 500-1000 blocks above the mainland out of sight. like you can actually build up to something like the Aether.

Building higher would cause you to just float upwards into space then die void style.

The game needs better biomes first of all. There's only two biomes in the game that are even remotely fun and these are the shattered savannas. I don't want to run around flat forests and grasslands all the time.

You either cure a zombie villager or you kidnap one from a village. You need two villagers for obvious reasons.

I always found these machines stupid. Once you've "solved" Minecraft in order to automatically do what you want you may as well have been just playing in Creative mode and building something with the infinite blocks it gives you.

>Not just making the Aether mod part of Vanilla
Then again MoNanjing would find a way to fuck it up

Replace diamonds with bee blocks and update the underground layers to resemble a beehive. Stone, of course, should be replaced with hive blocks.

Woodland Mansions are useless, boring trash and their loot is bad.

>Woodland Mansions are useless
I used mine as a free book-carpet-wood supply

Why hasn't somebody made a mod that literally just turns the game into 3D Terraria yet?

>get biome mods
>fucks with other mods that place their shit in specific biomes only
>even vanilla mobs like wolves can become impossible to find because their dedicated biome isn't around anymore
shit sucks

Because minecraft is mechanically flawed at its core and would need massive reworking to enable terraria gameplay. This is far too much experimental effort when you could just play Terraria

LET'S FACE IT:

The game will never be changed drastically because Mojang doesn't want to fix or change core features and without a complete rewrite of certain things nothing can really change

everyone knows that. Just like everyone knows gamefreak sucks and will never make a good pokemon game.
Doesn't mean we can't just talk about what-ifs and shit on the devs for incompetence.

Now that doesn't mean that the Windows 10 Version is better, they only seem to focus on adding new skin packs and nothing else

How

by drawing 5 stripes on a bee but calling it female blueband

Erebus already exists.

more like microsoft bought an unfinished game and think that its meant to be the way it is.

Minecraft 2

Just get some Xray mod and RP as an alien that has to survive on an alien planet

Industrial machine mining and TNT mining actually being viable.

Iron is stupidly rare and valuable if you do a lot of stuff with redstone
Especially once you get a fortune pickaxe and diamonds just start raining from the sky

Well name the mods you use then you fucking wanker

why haven't they updated the caves since fucking BETA 1.8 when Notch was still around?!

For me it's paper

because the people working on minecraft are somehow even shittier than Notch was. The most they know how to do is add crappy structures to world gen and slap on new mobs with basic AI that even timmy's first mod outdoes

Open caves are worse for diamonds because they overwrite them with empty space

pumpkins and farmer items generally are easy trade goods. wool is easy to trade for emeralds too. Cleric buys rotten flesh.

The world is practically infinite, you'll never run out of diamonds. Having more veins be exposed is better.

Yeah best is an automatic pumpkin/melon farm
I have an automatic sugarcane farm, pretty decent too
Gold works well if you need them in a pinch, 3/2 gold for an emerald

Best Minecraft gameplay mods, I need some suggestions. And should I buy the game, I got a pirated version love me 5 years ago that auto updates.

Lycanite's mobs and Primitive Mods are pretty good. It can get pretty bullshit at times, but so far it's the only mod I've played that made the early-mid game actually engaging. There are people who hate this mod, but that's only because they're faggots who don't want actual difficulty, the mod is balanced for the most part.
There are a few things you might want to disable, like the plague effect because it has some pretty bullshit hit detection and bounces off living entities that can just get really annoying.

A legit account will make things easier. Java edition is the important one.
MultiMC is your new launcher. It manages your instances, versions and mods and isn't spyware.
What is your goal for modded minecraft because the possibilities are many?

cringe

Bump in difficulty is fine but I was mainly looking for more things to do that's NOT redstone fuckery. More items, more blocks to find, more secrets - that kind of stuff. Doesn't need to be all at once.
Honestly, I haven't modded Minecraft ever and have been playing vanilla for years. I just want new stuff to do.

Lycanite's mobs isn't redstone autismo fuckery, it's pretty straightforward outside of the optional wand bullshit, and even that's really simple compared to machinery mods.
Go to curseforge and search the adventure-rpg category, maybe the world-dimensions category too. Be careful though, a lot of machinery autism shit disguises itself in these categories when really 99% of their content will be redstone fuckery.

A radar would be handy

Thanks, will check it out.
Redstone was a mistake.

some kind of structure that 100% has diamonds but has the same spawn rate as diamonds

I don't think it's possible to make it less tedious while also keeping the same rarity

Attached: 1567177751678.jpg (228x260, 27K)

Develop your attention span.

why don't you watch paint dry?

Easy. Add a sparkle effect on the ores so players can see the ones out in the open more easily.

Are you trying to imply that holding W + M1 requires a lot of attention?

Put Diamond ores & others ores in the Nether.

How a bout this:
>Diamond ore makes a quiet chiming sound that can be heard from 2-3 blocks away
This way you still need to look for them, but you won't need to excavate literally every block in a chunk

>tedious
4 u

Underground biomes like a forest or a mushrooms cave. Or maybe a crystal cave containing diamonds, emeralds or a new ore, like the ones in Terraria.

Attached: 1567262050872.png (185x172, 68K)